Jump to content
Bk1234

Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Week Five: Who is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

    • Dimitri
      22
    • Mercedes
      14

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

Quote

I agree that’s she’s an underrated character who doesn’t deserve all that unnecessary hate she’s been getting.

Why shall she be hated?

She never has done anything wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen Ingrid get hate. Though I don't see her talked about much either. Which is kind of a shame, she's my favorite Blue Lions female.

Now I've definitely seen Sylvain get hated. People just see his skirt chasing and that's it. It doesn't seem like they looked at any of his supports at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not "concentrating" either, all I ever can see in Felix's supports is him being an unnecessary asshole. I tried to find good moments for him, but did not succeed

His support chain with Annette turns out to be really sweet. It was so good that I dropped my plans of marrying Annette, so she could have a paired ending with Felix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bk1234 said:

His support chain with Annette turns out to be really sweet. It was so good that I dropped my plans of marrying Annette, so she could have a paired ending with Felix. 

That one is the only one with him I can tolerate at all, I admit. But I ship her with Ashe. They're cuter and stood out to me much more from the start.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Could people please give more votes to Sylvain? Or change theirs to him? Other characters clearly don't need them as badly as he does. And he deserves more too, as I'd said. He can't actually be this hated/disliked.

Though I guess if no one wants to help him before it's too late, then that's that... Good thing SF is only a small portion of the fanbase, I suppose.

I'll change my vote to Sylvain if you change your vote to anyone but Sylvain first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jave said:

I'll change my vote to Sylvain if you change your vote to anyone but Sylvain first.

That's not going to make any difference though. He'd still have the same number of votes that he does now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's not going to make any difference though. He'd still have the same number of votes that he does now.

I know. I'm trying to show you here that it's not fair to beg people to change their votes, because I for sure wouldn't expect YOU to change yours.

My advice? Just let it go. It's a popularity contest done in a small forum for fun. It's not worth getting worked up over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jave said:

I know. I'm trying to show you here that it's not fair to beg people to change their votes, because I for sure wouldn't expect YOU to change yours.

My advice? Just let it go. It's a popularity contest done in a small forum for fun. It's not worth getting worked up over.

It wasn't meant to be begging... Not like I was going "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!" or anything. Just a polite request every now and then.

My issue, though, is still that I thought Sylvain was far more liked here than this poll is telling me. I'm getting now that he's disliked here for some reason which seriously shocks me and disappoints me (Felix's popularity is also equally as shocking, and Mercedes's surprises me too). He doesn't have to win the whole thing or anything. I just thought he'd make it past at least one round, and he's not going to when I believe he deserves better. That's all.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My issue, though, is still that I thought Sylvain was far more liked here than this poll is telling me. I'm getting now that he's disliked here for some reason which seriously shocks me and disappoints me (Felix's popularity is also equally as shocking). He doesn't have to win the whole thing or anything. I just thought he'd make it past at least one round, and he's not going to when I believe he deserves better. That's all.

I doubt that people DISLIKE Sylvain. They probably just find other characters more appealing. Plus, there is still time for other people to vote, you never know...

Edited by Bk1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I doubt that people DISLIKE Sylvain. They probably just find other characters more appealing. Plus, there is still time for other people to vote, you never know...

Which means they don't like him much.

Sylvain is four votes behind the next person up. He has no chance of catching anyone.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circling back to Ingrid, all the dislike I've personally seen her get involves her being uninteresting, or a racist. Which, honestly, doesn't make much sense to me; remember Soren and Jill? The super racist characters everyone loves? Yeah. People are perhaps a wee bit harsh to Ingrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Circling back to Ingrid, all the dislike I've personally seen her get involves her being uninteresting, or a racist. Which, honestly, doesn't make much sense to me; remember Soren and Jill? The super racist characters everyone loves? Yeah. People are perhaps a wee bit harsh to Ingrid.

Yeah, the racist Ingrid memes are a bit much. She changes after she sees that Dedue is just a big, mostly harmless cinnamon roll. Jill changes after talking to Ike and getting to know Lethe. Soren? Kinda never does? But I see him as less of a racist and more of cynic. He's closer to Felix in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It wasn't meant to be begging... Not like I was going "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!" or anything. Just a polite request every now and then.

My issue, though, is still that I thought Sylvain was far more liked here than this poll is telling me. I'm getting now that he's disliked here for some reason which seriously shocks me and disappoints me (Felix's popularity is also equally as shocking, and Mercedes's surprises me too). He doesn't have to win the whole thing or anything. I just thought he'd make it past at least one round, and he's not going to when I believe he deserves better. That's all.

I seriously don't know what to tell you, honestly. This is an entirely self-caused problem of yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who cares: Ana is experiencing an Aspergers thing, which I totally relate to. It's common for us to want to talk about something we find cool for a long time and to get annoyed when other people don't like it as much or want to talk about other things. Which I have told her I understand and that Sylvain not winning this contest wouldn't be the end of the world. 

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Those are some of the few instances where yes, I actually do like something that's popular to some degree. But like I said, few. And Sylvain was still beaten out by nearly every other Blue Lion male too, and Claude is the least popular TH lord. It can also be argued that Eirika is liked more than Ephraim. So even they're unpopular compared to others in their category or group.

Ephraim was one of the CYL2 winners. Eirika has yet to win a CYL.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Circling back to Ingrid, all the dislike I've personally seen her get involves her being uninteresting, or a racist. Which, honestly, doesn't make much sense to me; remember Soren and Jill? The super racist characters everyone loves? Yeah. People are perhaps a wee bit harsh to Ingrid.

I'd argue that both Soren and Jill have a lot more of a presence in their games which helps their popularity. Soren is the best friend of the main lord, has an interesting backstory as a branded, has a very personal conversation with Ike at the end of RD and his heritage is also quite important.

Jill is someone who was fooled by Daein propoganda and comes to realize that and and unlike Ingrid she ends up being tested when she ends up facing her father. She also has a support with Lethe that talks about her racism that is a lot better than the Ingrid X Dedue support and it also helps that the Laguz are a lot more important in Tellius than the people of Duscur. Jill also gets another little arc in RD where she needs to choose between staying with her country or going against it.

I don't dislike Ingrid but I personally find that both Soren and Jill have a lot more interesting stuff going for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Ephraim was one of the CYL2 winners. Eirika has yet to win a CYL.

Ephraim only won that because Marth's votes were split. And that poll is split between males and females too. Eirika also has more competition since the higher females get more votes overall than the higher males.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashe, easily. He's so earnest and cute. He attends my lectures with great enthusiasm and I always include him in everything. He also likes reading, flowers, cooking, children, and sweets. Even his dislikes seem like they're written to maximize my protective instincts. I mean every word when I say "I will protect him. I want to see him grow up healthy, and I want to tell all my friends about him.  I literally cannot gush about him enough.😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Why shall she be hated?

She never has done anything wrong.

I must be seeing things then... And you’re right, she never did anything wrong to begin with.

@AnacybeleI’ll vote for Sylvain if you vote for Felix. How’s that sound?

 

Edited by Faustino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Faustino said:

 

 

Disregard this

Edited by Faustino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Faustino said:

I’ll vote for Sylvain if you vote for Felix. How’s that sound?

That still won't change anything, sadly.

And I've stated that I dislike Felix anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That still won't change anything, sadly.

And I've stated that I dislike Felix anyway.

You still don't seem to understand that they're mocking you for asking people to change their votes. You're better off staying silent on the matter.

Anyway, looks like Ingrid and Dedue are next on the chopping block after Sylvain. Given how close the other 5 are, that's when things will get interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sid Starkiller said:

You still don't seem to understand that they're mocking you for asking people to change their votes. You're better off staying silent on the matter.

If they're mocking me, then that's rude. I'm just trying to rally support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That still won't change anything, sadly.

And I've stated that I dislike Felix anyway.

Then forgive me for saying this but stop bitching around telling folks to vote for a character not everyone likes. And like Sid said, it’s best to stay quiet.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If they're mocking me, then that's rude. I'm just trying to rally support.

It’s your fault. And again, best to stay silent on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Faustino said:

Then forgive me for saying this but stop bitching around telling folks to vote for a character not everyone likes. And like Sid said, it’s best to stay quiet.

It’s your fault. And again, best to stay silent on this.

Since when is rallying support bitching? Why are you being so unnecessarily hostile?

And I don't make people be rude.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Since when is rallying support bitching? Why are you being so unnecessarily hostile?

And I don't make people be rude.

For everyone's sake... stop. 

No one is going to change their vote cause you are asking. People will vote who they want to vote. 

You are having the opposite effect. People are more than likely to retract their votes for Sylvain because of you. You claim you are not whining, but you're not helping anything or anyone by just dragging this out. 

So stop.

We're done with this. 

If you want Sylvain to have even a chance, stop telling people to vote for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...