Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

Week Five: Who Is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Week Five: Who is Your Favorite Blue Lions Character?

• Dimitri
    • Mercedes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Week Two Poll Posted!!!!

Week One Results: Unfortunately, Sylvain has been eliminated!  

This week (WEEK TWO) we will be eliminating TWO characters! Make sure to continue to vote for your favorite!

You can also comment down reactions to poll results, predictions for future polls, and why you voted for the character.

Are you able to re-title the thread? It's not obvious, from the Three Houses subforum, that we're in Week 2.

Also, Silly Song Squad!

I'm currently playing Blue Lions again, and Dimitri is by far my favorite character. But aside from Ingrid and Dedue, I honestly think the entire Blue Lions cast is incredibly strong and dynamic as characters. Really hurts to bench so many of them this time, to include the Ashen Wolves. =\ 

After Dimitri, I'd probably have to go with Sylvain/Felix (they're tied, I'm sorry), followed by Ashe.

Hm, this is a bit of a hard one cause I have to admit that Blue Lions didn't do that much to me. In terms of unit, Dimitri, Felix or Ingrid by far. I also developed a soft spot for Dedue.

As a character, I think I'll have to go for either Mercedes or Sylvain. I would say Dimitri but I hate the very rushed development.

Week Three Poll Posted!!!!

Week Two Results: Unfortunately, Dedue and Ingrid have been eliminated!  

This week (WEEK THREE) we will be eliminating TWO characters! Make sure to continue to vote for your favorite!

You can also comment down reactions to poll results, predictions for future polls, and why you voted for the character.

Yeah, I expected Ingrid and Dedue to get voted out in Round 2. Heck, I expected Dedue to be out in Round 1! Just like the previous rounds, I'll keep an eye on how the votes look and switch to one of either Dimitri, Ashe, or Mercedes, depending on who needs help the most.

How could Ingrid be out...? This is unacceptable.

Oh well, looks like I’m gonna put my vote for my homeboy Felix this time. Because I got a thing for tsundere-type characters, whom I find the most fascinating.

Edited by Faustino

Huh, things are getting interesting. SF's taste is quite a bit different when compared to the overall FE fanbase.

At this point Dimitri isn't even winning. He's tied with Mercedes and losing to Anette from all people while Ashe and Felix are likely to get kicked out.

Edited by Strullemia

36 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Huh, things are getting interesting. SF's taste is quite a bit different when compared to the overall FE fanbase.

At this point Dimitri isn't even winning. He's tied with Mercedes and losing to Anette from all people while Ashe and Felix are likely to get kicked out.

Time for some more Ashe propaganda: Vote for Ashe pls.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, Strullemia said:

I don't think it's that different. You need to wait for everyone to vote before making a judgment call of the SF taste versus overall fanbase. Looking at it in the beginning doesn't reveal true intentions. Dimitri and Felix are winning.

Dimitri being who I chose. Haha.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:08 AM, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Time for some more Ashe propaganda: Vote for Ashe pls.

Vote Ashe! If he doesn't make it through, I'll be Asheamed of all of you!

(I'm sorry.)

If Ashe doesn't make it through, I'm not sure whoI'll vote for next. 

On 3/24/2020 at 1:51 AM, Kiran_ said:

I don't think it's that different. You need to wait for everyone to vote before making a judgment call of the SF taste versus overall fanbase. Looking at it in the beginning doesn't reveal true intentions. Dimitri and Felix are winning.

Dimitri being who I chose. Haha.

Even if I reacted a bit quick there's certainly some differences. Edelgard didn''t even make the finals in the Black Eagles thread and in this one Sylvain got kicked out first and he's really popular.

31 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Even if I reacted a bit quick there's certainly some differences. Edelgard didn''t even make the finals in the Black Eagles thread and in this one Sylvain got kicked out first and he's really popular.

Well, Edelgard did make third-place, which is definitely quite good. 

There are few characters in this game I actively dislike. Even the ones that get voted out first have a strong fanbase

Personally, I don't get the whole fanbase for Ashe. He's overshadowed as a unit and he really isn't "Cinnamon Roll" sweet, though I suppose I don't see any male character as fitting that description. His main development is the whole Lonato thing, and he's hardly the only character that loses someone he's close to.

Annette's main themes are being cheerful, an overachiever and her issue with Gilbert. Admittedly, she's got good reason given Gilbert failed as a father and as a knight by running away from the Kingdom and joining the church (originally I'd argue he succeeded as a knight by getting Dmitri back to the kingdom, even if he wasn't able to save the King). A major downer is she only gets her relic in AM due to sharing a paralogue with Gilbert.

Dedue is defined as "Dmitri is everything." His supports give some insight into Duscur culture but otherwise he doesn't have much else.

Felix is cynical and bitter, and canonically has seen boar Dmitri in action, which is why he has such an attitude towards Dmitri. He despises chivalry and is jaded towards knights by his father's coping methods towards his brother's death. Obsessed with getting stronger and yet beneath all that he can't let go of his friendships. I wouldn't call him tsundere like I've seen some people call him, but he definitely prefers to keep people at arms length, likely in order to avoid being hurt again like that.

Sylvain's flirting shtick covers a severely jaded perspective, driven by the nobility's obsession with crests and his brother's disownment. He's a much deeper character than he comes across, though his skirtchasing is too over-the-top and frequent for me to like him despite knowing he's more than that.

Mercedes is the big sister of the cast, caring about everyone, but she's had her own hardships. Her desire to dedicate her life to the church conflicts with her family's noble nonsense and it was really nice to see her reconnect with her brother in CF.

Ingrid develops from an idealistic knight-aspirant with xenophobic tendencies (particularly towards Duscur for obvious reasons) to a woman ready to forge her own path. That said, she never fully lets go of her desire to be a knight. Still my favorite girl in the BL.

Dmitri either sees a lot of development or practically none at all (his issues merely being brought to the surface as opposed to hiding in part 1) depending on the route. The fact Edelgard legit doesn't recognize him clearly hurts him, and his delusions and fixation on a misunderstanding bring him down. Early AM was easily my most hated part of the game because murder hobo Dmitri (even if he had some reason to be that way) was extremely obnoxious to have as the main focus, not to mention everyone followed him anyways. Still, he receives redemption, even if the key point was awfully contrived (where was Byleth when Fleche popped up?) and his redemption arc was quite enjoyable.