tweaks i would make in a fe 4 remake

gamefrig

1. the critical skill gives 15+skill% percent chance to preform a critical 

2. noish has adept instead of accost

3. arden has a new skill (leave suggestions) 

4. armors and mages have +1 move

5. fire tomes have 6 extra might and deal effective damage against armors and mounted units (so it makes since that alvis beat sigurd)

6. nihil negates all skills and effective attacks (thank god pavis in not has annoying) 

7. non sword or infantry units can use luna. solar and astra 

8. reclasing  costs a lot of gold 

9. thunder tomes have -5 weight and give the critical skill

10.axes have there weight reduced by 7 

11 lances have -5 weight 

12. heros have b axes and get weight -3

13. master knight have a light and a dark

14. nihil and vantage rings

15. sigurd has aether 

16. tiltyu joins at 10th level and has better bases

17. non boss enemies have personal skills 

18.more bonus scenes depending on your rank

19. olwen because Reinhardt is to popular 

20. hard mode because fe 4 is easy

21. jamke has bow range +4 

22. midir has bowrange +1

23. brigid has bow range + 6 

24. princes can use lances

25. aidean has bow range +3 and miracle 

26. the sons inherit there fathers hair color where has the daughters hair color is of there mothers

27. you can buy hair dyes at castles

28. female seliph ( with sliver hair and staff utility but worse stats) 

29. no incest pairings corpell should never be able to use the valkire staff

30. a alternate ending if you input the konami code where Sigurd doges alvis attack and lands a tyrfang critical 

31. that boss that reks midir actually has the critical skill 

32. Claude meets Claude secret event ( you must turn your switch upside down near a tree in chapter 5) 

33.wind magic has +2 might and is effective against fliers

34. aura has 1 weight

35. you get a light tome in chapter 4 

36. comedy mode where the entire tone of the game changes to that of a parody

37. villages on hard give half as much money

38. more civilians to save

39. more Easter egg chacters in the arena 

40. diedres stuff is moved to pawnsho[

41. you always get the nosfratu tome in chapter 6 

I like this topic. I don’t really want any of the gameplay mechanics to change, but if they were going to change....

8: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10: If Lex or Johan/Joholva had pursuit, i could understand this but it seams that this would only affect enemies. I guess it would make characters like arden and finn double more easily so there's that.

19: Reignhart gets too much love for doing absolutly nothing.  I know its because of heroes but i still don't get it. As for Amalda, i'm open for a few FE5 characters showing up in Gen 2 as long as you can deploy every unit you have.

21/23: It may make them way to broken, but improved range for these two would make them more viable.

28: I don't know about this one. I feel like it would alter the dynamic of seliph and Julia too much. This could also mean you could pair Lief and Seliph which just seems...... wrong.

32: LOL. Fire emblem needs for easter eggs, although i would love for IS to create an actual timeline for FE.

36:  I will have to disagree with this one. FE4 is dark and morbid and i really think it needs to stay that why, incest, murder and all.

Everything else i'm indifferent to or not sure how they would affect the game. Nice list!

Edited by Stephano

6 hours ago, gamefrig said:

Eh, sure I guess? Critical chance from the skill itself alone is calculated equal to the unit's skill stat. However it is raised by factors such as any weapon kills above 50 on a weapon and the +20% crit chance when next to a lover or sibling. Another thing is that adding a natural 20% chance to critical rates on the critical skill would make Ares WAAAAY more broken than he already is.

Personally I'd rather they'd replace Accost/Charge's effect with the version from FE5. As it stands, the version in FE4 is really ridiculous to activate. In FE5 it is significantly more useful as it can trigger more often.

FE4 trigger rate: [User’s Attack Speed – Enemy’s Attack Speed + (HP/2)]% (Unit must also have 25 or more HP to activate)

FE5 trigger rate: Initiates another round of combat if user’s Attack Speed and HP are greater than the enemy’s

The whole reason Noish has this skill instead of pursuit of adept by the way is because he is supposed to be a slower and bulkier counterpart to Alec. This is why he has a skill that focuses a lot on HP in terms of its activation requirement.

Arden is fine honestly. His stats are actually rather competent surprisingly if he is used, and he can reliably double enemies if he has the pursuit ring. His main problem (which should be obvious as it is a running joke with his character) is that his movement is low and as such is a pain in the ass to use until you obtain the leg ring. If he were to get another skill, then I guess it would have to be critical I guess. Not sure what else you could give him that wouldn't break from his character.

I dont know how I feel about this. Thing is, Mages and Armors in FE4 have one point of mov less than normal foot units. Boosting their mov by one would make them the same as foot units and in turn making some parts of map significantly more annoying (enemy mages in general, Leif protecting Leonstar in chapter 7, the triangle attack mages in chapter 8, Hannible...). If anything, boosting the mov of unpromoted mages outside of the bard class seems somewhat reasonable. However I still have mixed feelings on it.

5. fire tomes have 6 extra might and deal effective damage against armors and mounted units (so it makes since that alvis beat sigurd)

Six extra might is quite ridiculous, but I like the effective damage idea. Giving the tome type effective damage against armors and mounted units is an interesting concept that makes fire tomes not absolute garbage.

6. nihil negates all skills and effective attacks (thank god pavis in not has annoying) 

Pfffft, already does that!

Sol and Luna are somewhat reasonable, however Astra is hilariously broken in FE4. Then again, astra is locked to Ayra and her kids so I guess the idea still works.

What? Why? That ridiculous! This would only be a serious detriment to players and nothing more, especially those trying to promote Lachesis asap to make dealing with Eldigan less annoying.

That is broken. I don't feel the need to explain why as it probably should be obvious.

11 lances have -5 weight 

I understand that axes in particular have WAY too much weight, but isn't this a bit excessive?

They aren't Heroes they are Forests. I know they are called Heroes in the Naga patch but they are not the same class.

Anyway I see zero reason as to why you'd ever give them axes. Not only is it pointless to begin with as they will primarily be using a very specific sword in their inventory all the time anyway, but the Forest class is not intended to be like the same as a Hero. The -3 weight as an effect is absolutely broken for the class, effectively making swords nearly or literally weightless.

Masterknights already can use light magic. As for whether or not they should use dark magic that is a big no. Dark magic is explicitly only used by members of the loptous faith and noone else in the Jugdral games. This is why the only dark magic user in either Jugdral game, a dark mage named Salem, is a former member of them.

Nihil I guess I could understand as a super special or secret, powerful unlockable obtained in the real late game or something. However a vantage ring? Why? I don't see any point in this thing existing at all.

15. sigurd has aether 

Dear god no him and Seliph are already insanely broken enough!

I can roll with this. Her bases as is are just sad and make using her an absolute chore.

Well, Travant exists. Anyway I guess this could be interesting if done sparingly, carefully, and thoughtfully.

Rank? You mean number of love points? You do realize this game doesn't have the support system right?

If they add a new unit in gen 2 they will either need to replace an already existing unit or add another one in gen 1 to compensate. Also how canon Thracia 776 is is very debatable as it detours from the normal plot of FE4, most notably Leif's army not being decimated by Blume before Leif was able to meet up with Seliph.

Hard mode does exist actually...kinda. After you beat the game, you unlock a new option in the setting on subsequent playthroughs which when turned on will increase the intelligence of the enemy AI. Also as for it being "too easy", I think thats a bit of an exaggeration. Outside of Seliph, Ares, and Leif carrying all of gen 2 so that no matter what pairings or lack-there-of that you end up with, you won't have too much issue completing the game.

While giving specific characters stuff like this is ridiculous, the idea of extending bow range is rather nice. However the problem with this is how large of a scale the maps in this game actually cover. Some of these maps cover entire countries in size. Thracia 776 maps are actually located in very specific locations on the map like a specific village or castle, the scale of the map of FE4 are THAT BIG.

A way better way to fix archers is to implement close counter as a skill or something. The primary reason Bow Fighters/Archers in particular are terrible is because they have no way of retaliating at close range, meaning they have almost no enemy phase action at all.

Also, in regards to your idea on individual units having different bow ranges, what about Asaello, Deimne, and promoted Lucharba? Oh and also, doing this screws up Lester a lot.

7 hours ago, gamefrig said:

Why would princes wield lances exactly? In FE4 you are primarily going to be using very specific weapons on characters in order to gain kills on said weapon. For the most part, the weapon triangle isn't something you pay that much attention to in this regard as once you gain that crit bonus and keep raising it, you will likely be one rounding the enemy anyway. This is particularly true for Leif and Seliph with their Light Brand and Silver Sword respectively. The Light Brand in particular is incredibly powerful to a ridiculous extent if you do manage to get 50 kills on it since it a light 1-2 range weapon with high damage output to begin with.

I really don't see the point in this. Also I feel it contradicts the games focus on emulating norse or celtic to a faithul extent without getting too anime or anything.

Uuuuuuh why? Seriously, why would this ever be a thing?

From what I have heard, Kaga at some point stated that Silvia and Claud aren't siblings but in fact cousins. Sounds like something he pull out of his ass in order to justify the incest here but its still worth noting.

Also this is the only actual incest pairing unrelated to story and what-not in the game that wasn't likely unintentional besides one: Nanna and Ares. Nanna and Ares have a lover conversation though that both makes fun of the fact they are cousins and confirms the truth about Lachesis's unrequited feelings for her half brother. 

I should probably add that removing incest entirely from the game as a whole is impossible as Arvis unknowingly marrying his own sister is central to the plot. I know youre just referring to gameplay but I feel its still worth mentioning.

30. a alternate ending if you input the konami code where Sigurd doges alvis attack and lands a tyrfang critical 

This ain't a konami game but the idea of something stupid like this being trigger-able with a secret code is amusing.

I really like this. Would be a nice attention to detail.

32. Claude meets Claude secret event ( you must turn your switch upside down near a tree in chapter 5) 

Hah! Would be quite funny if it was a thing I will give it that.

YES! MAKE THE WIND MAGIC EVEN MORE ABSURDLY UNBALANCED! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

:Sety:

34. aura has 1 weight

Thats broken. A better idea is to just give Deirdre Nosferatu like how Julia can obtain it in Gen 2.

Light/Lightning is incredibly powerful but I don't see why it can't be obtained at that point. Noones likely gonna inherit it anyway besides Ced (though him and his sub already come with one by default). Also Lewyn and Lachesis (if either are alive and promoted) using them shouldn't really hurt when it comes to balance to begin with.

Like that joke manga (forget the name)? I don't know dude. Sounds like a bit of a task for the devs to implement.

Don't see anything wrong with this. It'll help level up certain units (particularly Leif) who need it a little more than before which is nice. Though I imagine this could really be abused if too many are added.

Sure I guess. Could update to have references to modern games or something, though I'm not sure there's enough room for too many more.

Eeeeeh sounds a little contrived, as helpful as it would be to new players unaware of what is gonna happen.

Sure I guess.

• 3 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 8:43 PM, Stephano said:

I like this topic. I don’t really want any of the gameplay mechanics to change, but if they were going to change....

8: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10: If Lex or Johan/Joholva had pursuit, i could understand this but it seams that this would only affect enemies. I guess it would make characters like arden and finn double more easily so there's that.

19: Reignhart gets too much love for doing absolutly nothing.  I know its because of heroes but i still don't get it. As for Amalda, i'm open for a few FE5 characters showing up in Gen 2 as long as you can deploy every unit you have.

21/23: It may make them way to broken, but improved range for these two would make them more viable.

28: I don't know about this one. I feel like it would alter the dynamic of seliph and Julia too much. This could also mean you could pair Lief and Seliph which just seems...... wrong.

32: LOL. Fire emblem needs for easter eggs, although i would love for IS to create an actual timeline for FE.

36:  I will have to disagree with this one. FE4 is dark and morbid and i really think it needs to stay that why, incest, murder and all.

Everything else i'm indifferent to or not sure how they would affect the game. Nice list!

You have never played Thracia. If you played the game you would know there is a million reasons to love Reinhardt, there's a difference to the love he gets from heroes to the love he SHOULD get from Thracia. In heroes, he is loved for no reason other than "oo character good I'm funny" where as in Thracia there is a genuinely good character. 

On 3/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, gamefrig said:

11 lances have -5 weight 

15. sigurd has aether 

25. aidean has bow range +3 and miracle 

26. the sons inherit there fathers hair color where has the daughters hair color is of there mothers

34. aura has 1 weight

37. villages on hard give half as much money

42. Remove Ferry