Switch the medium/genre of your favorite videogame/movie/comic/entertainment series!

XRay

I am bored again. So yeah, what the title says! if you can switch the medium or genre of your favorite series, what would you change it to?

Fire Emblem
Genre Change: RTS, Hack-and-Slash, Open World Sandbox
Medium Change: Movie, Anime, RPG, Board Game, Miniatures War Game

I want an RTS version of Fire Emblem, but we do not have that yet. It would be so cool to command your units in real time.
I have longed for a hack-and-slash game for Fire Emblem, and thankfully, we got that with Fire Emblem Warriors!
Openworld sandbox of Fire Emblem would be cool too, imagine playing Skyrim or GTA but with Fire Emblem theme.

I want an MCU version of Fire Emblem. It would be pretty cool to see all my favorite waifus on screen.
More Fire Emblem anime would also be nice.
Fire Emblem's system also lends itself well to a pen-and-paper tabletop RPG game like Dungeons & Dragons.
I also want to see a Fire Emblem board game, either a war board game like Risk, Unicornus Knights, or Cthulhu Wars, or an RPG board game like Kingdom Death Monsters.
Miniatures war game is basically war board game like Risk, but there is no board underneath it. Warhammer is the most famous miniatures war game, and I think Fire Emblem can do pretty well as a miniatures war game too.

Advance Wars
Genre Change: RTS, FPS, Open World Sandbox
Genre Change: Board Game, Miniatures War Game

Similar to Fire Emblem, I think Advance Wars lends itself well to RTS.
Battalion Wars is basically the FPS version of Advance Wars, but they do not have the same characters.
To turn Advance Wars into an open world sandbox, they can emulate Arma I guess. I really like open world sandbox games.

Similar to Fire Emblem, I think Advance Wars can easily be ported into a board game.
It also lends itself well to a miniatures war game. 

Fantasy Life
Genre Change: First Person Open World Sandbox

Fantasy Life is about as close as you can get to Skyrim on the 3DS. It is already a somewhat open world, so it just needs to change the perspective from third person camera to first person camera.

Pokémon
Medium Change: Board Game/Collectible Miniatures

I think Pokémon will be pretty cool as a tactical board game featuring collectible figures.

LEGO
Medium Change: Open World Sandbox

LEGO Worlds seems pretty cool, but it does not look as creative, open, and fun as Roblox or Minecraft.

Citrus
Medium Change: Live Action Movie

If you do not know what Citrus is, you are missing out! It is THE BEST yuri series out there in the entire world in all of history. It started out as a manga and it got an anime. What it needs next in my opinion is a live action movie of it. I want to see two cute girls kissing each other on screen!

Code Geass
Medium Change: RTS, FPS-Hack-and-Slash Hybrid

If you want to be Lelouch vi Britannia, there is no better way to do that than to sit back in your chair and command your forces to victory on your computer screen in an RTS game.
I also think Code Geass would do well in an FPS-Hack-and-Slash hybrid game. Imagine playing Battlefield, but you automatically start in a Knightmare at your base, but you can also start as other vehicles in the anime, or just be a plain infantry soldier. Just watch out and try not to get squashed though if you are an infantry soldier!

Celica
Genre/Medium Change: Hypercar

Toyota Celica quite frankly does not really match up to the divinely blessed and godly powerful Fire Emblem Celica. Looking at Heroes' Celicas' stupidly insanely powerful Ragnarok and Saintly Seraphim, I expect nothing less than a 2,000 horsepower hypercar from Toyota, and that Celica should be accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 1.5 seconds, 0 to 100 mph in 2.5 seconds, have a top speed of 300 mph, weigh less than a 1,000 lbs, and it should obviously come with an omni-directional flamethrower.

I wish somebody would make a 3D action or 2D beat em up game out of power rangers. There have been several power rangers/super sentai games over the decades, but none that received decent acclaim. That's a shame. I'd love a Streets of Rage or Devil May Cry sort of game in the Power rangers aesthetic. Complete with sparks flying off each successful weapon hit, gratuitous explosions in the background, and giant kaiju battles in the megazord.

Fire emblem: The faces of evil:

An evil dragon invades the world, and the only thing that can hurt him is lamp oil, rope and bombs. So, the player visits Morshu get said items, but the Archanean dollar is weak compared to the Rubees (yes it's rubees in the faces of evil)so the game is spent with doing mercenary work to get more Rubees, which are all the wrong color.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I wish somebody would make a 3D action or 2D beat em up game out of power rangers. There have been several power rangers/super sentai games over the decades, but none that received decent acclaim. That's a shame. I'd love a Streets of Rage or Devil May Cry sort of game in the Power rangers aesthetic. Complete with sparks flying off each successful weapon hit, gratuitous explosions in the background, and giant kaiju battles in the megazord.

They have a fighting game called Power Rangers Battle for the Grid. You are only beating up or hacking and slashing one person at a time though.

Power Ranger: All Stars and Power Rangers: Legacy Wars are on mobile, and they might be to your liking.

Not sure about Megazord and monster battles though.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Both of the SNES games fit the 2D beat 'em up genre! MMPR the Movie does not have any Megazord fights though... Both are extremely solid games in my opinion though! 😁

Edited by DancingDanny

Game of Thrones
Medium Change: Adult Animation (Like Netflix's Castlevania)

Here it is folks, the breakout success story that proves to all of adult western animation that your show doesn't need to try to be the next Family Guy or South Park to be successful.  Seriously, with the kind of freedom animation alone would bring, there are literally no limits to what can be shown on screen now.  The dragons have more screen time, the action scenes are more up close, flashy, and fast paced than ever, the Red Wedding now makes Genocyber look like Dora the Explorer, and the battle scenes that were omitted from the earlier seasons ended up not having to be omitted.

6 Underground
Medium Change: Open World GTA style video game

Just the barrage of awesome action scenes in this movie made me think how I'd really like to have all that action at the tip of my fingers.  Maybe have it be a prequel to the movie done by Rockstar and have the map be a 1:1 recreation of Sicily, and have it be based around the Ghosts and their first mission in Sicily. 

Broken Sword, Full Throttle, The Dig, etc.
Medium Change: Live action movies

Seriously, how are there not more point and click adventure games being adapted into movies?  They're practically perfect for the medium, it would be like adapting books or graphic novels.

Lunar: Silver Star Story/Eternal Blue
Medium Change: Anime

If people won't play the games , then at least give them to chance to witness their stories in the form of a well done anime.

Gundam Wing
Genre Change: Slice of Life

Just more than anything, make Heero/Relena a thing I can enjoy on screen.

My Plot Ideas
Medium Change: 80s/90s style anime

Screw having the latest and greatest animation, I want to see my stuff come to life like and have it look like something I watched when I was really young.  This is just my nostalgia talking, but I want more of it because this style of animation just grabs my attention more than the modern stuff.  I'll be happy with anything, but in an ideal world, this is what I want.

I would attempt a genre change for Neon Genesis Evangelion to slice of life, but the Angelic Days manga Shinji Ikari Raising Story,  and Iron Maiden are already a thing.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Code Geass

Medium Change: RTS, FPS-Hack-and-Slash Hybrid

If you want to be Lelouch vi Britannia, there is no better way to do that than to sit back in your chair and command your forces to victory on your computer screen in an RTS game.
I also think Code Geass would do well in an FPS-Hack-and-Slash hybrid game. Imagine playing Battlefield, but you automatically start in a Knightmare at your base, but you can also start as other vehicles in the anime, or just be a plain infantry soldier. Just watch out and try not to get squashed though if you are an infantry soldier!

Where is the Indiegogo/Kickstarter page where I can fund this?

Also can we add a harem mechanic where Lelouch can build a harem with the female cast?