Join me on a Blind Ironman of Berwick Saga

Spoiler

When last we left off I was talking

ACtC-3dG74RmHdCi14pafOIyi6T-aFUzc1w8yuPK

to this drunken ass of a Father.

ACtC-3cIbSTBB6BRnL-VvmQ0HBn7IbXSzJbK9kzbACtC-3cC32O8bUXzXsh7dx9YhZij-TYs42ednGxT

The only way I could care about you is if Ruby needs to fight with you to have a happier ending.

ACtC-3dXq3uPp9HpOzm9Z9Rj1_oQHXOVuW0gknvU

sigh, I might as well look at this guys stats...

ACtC-3czmefMO9qvLa0Ycd-mvpeG7qkglc91LnVoACtC-3cqnjKWUvZ4ICJvC6ZaMpzREQJGodZpbBwHACtC-3fGXAhIq1gmSUS-7PwtzPdTtW-TXEe5BBP5

Yeah, his value is as a Ward replacement on the side content, and I already have Volo for if I want that...I am not going to hire him now, but I will consider it for the sake of best knight Ruby. Speaking of which, I better find that mercenary I am going to hire... Well I didn't find, Axel but...

ACtC-3cI7fQ_p23uYaPlZTr7oTNkmx7iGa2YsYZL

I did stumble upon that friend Teresa was so worried about losing, the girl that sells shields. I really like that this minor side story is interconnecting the minor character we regularly meet. I am getting worried about where Axel is hiding, but maybe I just have to power through the last of the missions

ACtC-3cs8EulYwqJC01GAEJuOTZZaIcTIya_QSUX

...I mean it seems perfectly reasonable for him to be at the harbor.

ACtC-3f743dlXvusONNkJ6IfkQR5GZ8J9yFof-_oACtC-3dqorRmSxIuLnk4rQzZ-IjDfUPdGtx7TitH

Seems we have stepped into some unrelated family issues instead

ACtC-3c7ZoaGuSeVWb4fH7sfABNPDB0LR5JLOAKw

Interesting to see some atheistic ideas coming into a fantasy story like this with religious conflict baked into the story. Belief in a benevolent god(dess) can easily clash with the harsh realities of the world, and its interesting to see this explored in this game.

ACtC-3ePLK1HzTHNJ03sMm4EXFdapAWKLeaU48YfACtC-3eepVnTw_gEfXGQw54y9E3r2V8vWMuJ51EOACtC-3cuF0g2ADdRbWsBekR4CUMvlc1v89ZD8FKEACtC-3cyby5K5InK2fVnPtb-K3IftnZyCoOHmENB

Oh those poor kids. Its like the joke about a dad going out to for smokes never to return, only showing the horrifying consequences for the family. Terrible fathers seems to be a bit of a theme here isn't it...I guess I shouldn't assume he is a derelict father, something might have happened to him...

ACtC-3fB9gcHiS0owrFBcDRNJB6XSROPI-GjpXFd

So now we are back at the Restaurant...Oh, Arina is the waitress there.

ACtC-3fpO59Gd95rnfPa3yvzMflCy-BHzoQpq5z1ACtC-3dPXRwqWcJ9gIe6U4gQzOX1fA-qmG83Sjo4

I am guessing this is one of the things I was warned about by @Saint Rubenio where I may need to deploy specific people for some of these side missions...well I intended to bring Christine anyway for horse management reasons, so that is fine.

ACtC-3eBuDcOB2FKunCmV_kYZn2yW_9Upl6pwQbsACtC-3fVjH0ZbdUwLC9k8MA0KYYMs_bvuHVYjq2PACtC-3d3UAhRBdTtjkhcGoeC6YazV7yHLmnc2vcjACtC-3fZsMqBssn-X1fX0-vAKWkSfTZFxpHIRaTgACtC-3dPqCJB4sd_FCQhSszFMOPlPskXASC8w11t

...ouch, scalding burns are not pleasant injuries to get, especially if the boiling water soaks into clothes. Hopefully the well water is around room temperature, as the temperature contrast between cold water and the boiling hot water capable of scalding can make the burn even worse...

..sorry if that sounded a little weird, and specific, but I have bad memories of being badly scalded as a kid...

ACtC-3fwWL9MWSkimIVIRmUtlfnCZbKuJe1kIAmtACtC-3eRyAaYDAHfXLX7Dyk466iuWeOph5eQo27bACtC-3cu-iAbxNettl6C3uvR32OAJbCCjnnPk2z4

Sibling relationships are complicated, its like half the time you are the best of friends, and half the times the bitterest enemies...

ACtC-3eZ9gNU4wbcG3b8RH_5qC0Z6d4gMpxwsO-8

SEVEN kids....that is a sizeable family...

ACtC-3djRZPIjwnId-Ur7Et-JLxyWoLx1Yc8R8UAACtC-3fJrHkPA3SDU9GcQspi7VJ50-QelPNLDqcSACtC-3ejo6K-pi41S0cEPAkgY7k2sw0tGKTHBLkkACtC-3eTR_XvVppFBVDuFgEvwJ5ImkLNz4kPOAz-

I guess that makes a lot of sense, farming families tend to be big to grows the extra hands they need to manage the hard labors of a farm, and having to find a new income in a city that is probably overstuffed with others escaping the same hazards they were must be hard on all of that whole family...

ACtC-3f4POOPQYmdjNbvEcIj1n2OExMo75zfRpfoACtC-3fxTHucgJAHqJ_S2TyaN96l9vDzcEe5ZbEs

The harsh impact of war on the lower classes...also poor Esteban, he got saddled with responsibilities he wasn't ready for.

ACtC-3esotzzn60QHfC02HWbnU1QkFMChkDIGysUACtC-3ecoj5wtfCNLnRNNg-1dMBZCk_tahVWwZsK

Although Arina seems to be managing it better. She at least managed to get a job here as a waitress here to help out the family...

ACtC-3d4w3-u7a9vAUPDCvp2QyYWrYKoO_TgIgBIACtC-3eyQa22ewuoo5Oy_sG3Lgb1SYNtkECRkFOUACtC-3dtID7rkqrNA0pKYBQgQFHYeTugesTGmPXHACtC-3eY0wy2YEGlOl0PRHRnvRFnw7fB41dXklzm

It looks like he is trying to help out, but this is such a high risk venture...yeah Esteban is in way over his head, and we need to help out.Plus this is clearly setting up us recruiting Esteban...I better keep an eye out for his far prettier mug out on the next battle field.

ACtC-3fmlXowFWS4LPFnga9OE1JQFrXqeqZYXWpO

Obviously we ta-

ACtC-3ejCRxkR5b6OVKKhtNNec8nGZdkE3OxpMG_ACtC-3fO7LdKAxXV_ESWbA5gIHi5zXxCQqa6vc_RACtC-3fQnsgoJdEziO5WCJONVyOTJcLFa1Gf141T

....despite her pride, neither I,

ACtC-3c8Qw42cZbb2aot_2_LelL7K8Fr79rdx1we

nor Christine believe she is handling this new issue on her own. Arina needs to learn to ask for, and accept the help of others.

ACtC-3ebHLlB8BM4-a1o_SgG-lcKoPmHCrk8bga2ACtC-3flM3vWquWpUbB2Yd4QFiyboDBZmBxKilQT

Oh for the love of St Valemtia, Kaga are we really having a prostitution subplot...

ACtC-3fyFxPNZFLvYzQmeRPgKJR4wi75CP1IT2ra

Damn right we wont!

ACtC-3f_JdaJlZZUgz8LNBkvlMs9dS_CB5FoBRoKACtC-3eb01LUTFyAM2hRl41a2eYm9GI3QMZynshq

Yeah, lets recruit this Esteban, make him pne of the Shinon knights, and reunite these siblings.

ACtC-3dNWDCkf24E3qMdom78j8CBd9HI8dMzu0YOACtC-3fa8OwANyXZyERWE5ldjiFMupj1RHT4yFNnACtC-3d90vJZs9LuQvDXS7LpchLwj5LQCo1r84LgACtC-3eZgoKXLyuJPpJowbgjo9nDiz3yOjsIm__rACtC-3dInpUTjp50FqREGNgZ9EfWrJ9YoSzdK2CjACtC-3fm-maU_oRmqw9lK2yT8VvS6vuO5FamFplE

Nice to see we are all in agreement, now that should be the last of the sto-

ACtC-3cX8S9-CzPcbEOGQKjPzVP_2ykZnqHqFRxf

...Sigh, welp now there are three more of these events to go through. I mean its not that bad, but there is just so much of it to get through...Lets save the Office for last so lets look at

ACtC-3dmX2GbMAKGrd1BzdqQBBAH5Nt8dAuMuZ6s

...Oh I bet this makes that mysteriously pointless library in the back of the temple actually have a purpose!

ACtC-3fqUTueCRuG5WYtFctSvjN3wGyPXkqoPnmd

👍

ACtC-3eja2YVdKX28lCysbrxb0nxQzJOVChXNFK3ACtC-3dQQZvpQkwqS7QRzl6oWoqI7KrAVzrr1lrh

Could he be from this mysterious orient the collector was talking about?

ACtC-3dEkGbHxTeFQceq2_-Ov2Gdcy_jIa4AU2bJ

That sounds like the perfect excuse to tell us about this worlds history...but less cynically I am a fan of history as well, which does endure me slightly to this Almuth from the east.

ACtC-3cfvemgCB9ejXi12LjGGa7b9yK2GbeOVSAsACtC-3cRl3_PnQi-ZxY4eqsQoRLjD-U8rxX-k3DWACtC-3ew7dyNWd0mrNCG7WMeap0UkdqynbPGiwyx

Well the most immediate conflict resulted from the Razites assassinating the old Apostle, which was probably in retaliation to something that happened in some earlier conflict... that endless cycle of violence. Although we have been given a piece of that puzzle he is seeking already, as the Raze empire forced the Verians into an exodus to the west...

ACtC-3e-purxxwqT3iRdaXoDtwiI3n2VeZgkrGn5ACtC-3fh1TqUKhGtl1MCbM_zPK3O-RM5P-gb94j-

That is a key part of war. War is always cloaked in more noble motives than they have, myths built by both sides to justify the bloodshed. I am reminded of an anecdote from the famous Christmas truce of WW1, when a young British officer was shocked the German forces believed they were fighting for freedom, as that would be impossible, the British were fighting for freedom...

ACtC-3elB-8wqj0rWTDCOIkdyw9Kfe3tmfoO1sTlACtC-3fmCRuLb_dqUO3VPheofTV4zQ1s3eM3Ek1NACtC-3f5IiczexICNaVZdlYM1GzUyA7F2lXkuCAj

I am surprised she thinks that is absurd. What does she think the Berwick League would do if it conquered part of the Razite Empire?

ACtC-3citYnPu2vUurGTgZTjEQE_m4xT3HaM-gubACtC-3cvT0o0eYGWy9qSQ6L5PtNG6lxS4lU6jrJaACtC-3dUlWcL06mXYC_Lmvuh5WjkzHUnVTVsNdF2ACtC-3cGmtUylxQ5tPRM-zPDS53Fhgwp4WGr-IIjACtC-3d3hwDhbPd0toAzrs7BohKSpvhoX6dOXQ9_

There is a bit of charming naiveté to this sentiment, that if they both see the other side as people and understood how this started it could be stopped. Perhaps there is something to seeing others as actual people, just like them, could help, but how things started is small compared to what atrocities have happened since then. How could knowing how it started make up for the death of a father, the loss of a home, or the death of the apostle?

ACtC-3fAE9EJ-RQxfWkbay0fl52FgiyAc9DaUl6KACtC-3eWNlztp92tjMtaRhZXj-4NY5p1xB6HSYRrACtC-3ek2i1cGwVHGluCJNehfyzuj0UB_0hARkfGACtC-3efKNdFgfYq41Es5Oh7GruSllrjhzOuG4ow

Well met future professor Almuth...

ACtC-3duqBr8SCA-1pAPrZFk8-GZW_0QiXRa0I4qACtC-3dGH_DlxIGEpDdARXJPz-PVm3kqxJPIFs0eACtC-3erDQIO0oUrCkG1Prt3-mTys2-RnpLgijvf

I wonder if this is building towards some budding romance between the two. If nothing else it is the start of a nice friendship.

ACtC-3cs8UDQE_MJyoAw0rw9mp_jQGczZjEnBhO0ACtC-3fQgQEIPGEC09scEagaeUYGAgtcGidcnvwrACtC-3eIDuBEmRc-Hmmd0H0lL9ijoBNKL_KLLZp4

Unfortunately he is far less friendly with Reese, but it is nice to see the library occupied at least.

ACtC-3ceBjXJrHMJKAJV7dusN0fPsatDjzmORivv

Ah is that where Axel has been hiding, well lets see this key event for him...

ACtC-3eQyKqOqJeXAUB7kvYY2cC2uwB8kkEN5p2v

WHat?

ACtC-3fD3j2v0mZq28XICqOEu-TZqtK2JvMJwDD8ACtC-3eFqQWcH5OEWvT900OaC1JESewYatcRW8k0ACtC-3cJFGhpXfuI44t0ruQ8_tk_zY1hLEEHIR77

...she is blind isn't she...I wonder if they smell the same due to taking him with us as a mercenary on the same missions...

ACtC-3e2i3AP2JcrmqTfnuRcIGfB33UVYZsIe8x2ACtC-3dCPZcE7Ix7WV3gMvbsRiSXgZ-g6TwzB9vF

And with that we transition to the inside of the Abbey...

ACtC-3cfiVVbMryRtnSPN7zWxtvxATiVI5V3yUpzACtC-3fbk5qfroTb6J90_PTFaNZq5SG58NMBik_RACtC-3cQHzxHfRH10a7NALuzzF_eu9Akp_qrUKiDACtC-3cyNZkIb-6RMUziOO4OZOi5SKnpcIBmsSaJ

The citizens of Navron are far more rigid in their class structure than either I or Reese feel is normal. Kaga is really setting the seeds of some heavy class divide in the city, with the common citizen utterly terrified of the nobility...

ACtC-3e4gqVamXaPqWwfpItJM3HLXck5kQpUS6YwACtC-3dLCJIE8-ASTAZzHwGNk2ODoT6vX1U05-JF

Yeah it was clearly presented...

ACtC-3fORUaK2aYsFH_9nntRjbZLb5TBSL7DbFRaACtC-3eFq5DfwvZkI4S3y2QpigC2yMv340DWi_rkACtC-3fVlRNfONs7vLmKUK0HPbb57j1EsPwLcbRiACtC-3fcumqzTOHA3umiJJfriKTR24r9V8RO72NY

Poor thing...I wonder what she and her family were doing on the sea that led to this tragedy...

ACtC-3fVkBqu8czWzwXvZrwtzQcbdoGcgPLLvQD2ACtC-3c6HFRaUjBumrgappsehWS3RM2mYrbmz1F_ACtC-3eyvojyggy9QzJ9-NTHVAA9feolrWpBmmPtACtC-3cUVktpCRPKYscvVtBMDN9--UClGFrUaJav

I figured she didn't have a family, but it is tragic that they are confirmed dead. Poor thing, but at least she has found a father in

ACtC-3dIE2YVCksQVM05OjItWbzGZ1v6t8_GCMy8ACtC-3eGuSz-wOp2OFXtaSCImCFvk1ENqBZMvznUACtC-3dBWuWskUwmgig2S8BSr3afMngcHrN4d4FnACtC-3fmm4Kgn3qhHx01_WH94XEusVu8HVGm2eoc

...that is curious. Was he also attacked by the same thing that attacker her ship. Did she recognize him from somewhere? Is Axel a former member of the forces that attacked her ship? I guess it could simply be that she made a connection with someone who had to suffer through such a similar experience.

ACtC-3eGCJ_4EeniSBC8twEzTpucwjKG3BhhbxFY

Much as I speculate its kinda touching to see this found family...

ACtC-3ebcUUfs_4POsI77FURPU9rhfDbXllVs5UZACtC-3cByay3jS4rJPdZucsutCFtr-V0LrK9QZnwACtC-3dVpf6KuBUWkMIUiHrYcbwXen0bJ09PE3b3ACtC-3d3TXvIU7v1B9jg0UJ_56m48b-yCjDLKimU

Axel really is taking on that father role for little Ciel isn't he. Rough as he looks, he has a kind heart.

ACtC-3fJyMhXTbZsS8T3HFwNx4uB53O6FlXBaKe7ACtC-3ceaCmJpg_ck4dxZ_LBeQBU3h2EQSTluj2rACtC-3cG2rw6r1m9IXIugB3Dh1scOHLpKnucOAzJACtC-3exXXJ14cyzes4JrGLNFisIwyXKTOOp_4QGACtC-3djpcCR8UUl3QNqI3lHEaZvpQq3HzeaChqp

Awww....these two are so cute.

ACtC-3dJl6PgHCN_-ZTbaPUCLWcTAaPXgyshkQwDACtC-3excJFYkz-iE6O_LsuH8NlZaQh83AInAlRjACtC-3cp_ujxx246Vokdy9fBVlAG-_72hVUlF42M

I know what to do next

ACtC-3eG-1kSFWgOG88xoJcdCOC3dtzhgawbEsHPACtC-3fFX3OzpRNzRm-pvoQ_oINbGWwIXtonoBkAACtC-3eZUE2jBTRJeHeIXcbFA_IWfSsL14pcv8H6

Hire him immediately. I mean I needed to bring him along anyway, but this is just even more reason to do so, although...

ACtC-3cS09h45YBEzV-PlW418zNvGV8CLgKbxG-U

I can't help but notice that the way this area is setup, it really looks like that adorable little diner was taking place in the cemetery...

ACtC-3eveEoClcoFUKJixCY3o6h1zWq0az-2DdDW

Last but not least another letter?

ACtC-3eurO74dsZ_4CQ8GWIpjSiVyneb1UH6Y7AZ

Ah, just answering some of the curious questions about the letter from earlier.

ACtC-3cLXnRrbANixnqNyQlxz_xE94fhzmp_TpiyACtC-3clUNTHgEa_tU9CGvC4TDqxvf_F-8P3iVzoACtC-3cNizu1umpWo_kMSI2IkwoD7oq2v2MvWeZR

Tianna is right, keeping secrets from your liege like that is dangerous, but I suppose Reese is about to do the same thing...

ACtC-3fldy0X5MLlat6B4i9d1xsZOIF8rwkuQsUWACtC-3e6uNDk9-CgZmsZPVoZMGjsdjwH_Kyx2r_h

Until the time is right? How will Ward know when that is

ACtC-3dOxOGKGdk47r85P5t8XhV7KRdslt3mrJr2

especially when he doesn't think it should be secret to begin with?

ACtC-3fFHYJR4zHGJSj5kSNxJ9wYNpAlvla3kaHhACtC-3ed3h71TEAwU1eo183_d5fYsXb7P9YkRdc1

Keeping this secret really is eating at Ward on the inside isn't it...

ACtC-3cGsBFoGocMLjsKnWaL9gh81sSHuXERdimcACtC-3dwSCiQo3bOsrqkJBAfMLnz5zhkypkI1fLXACtC-3eL6goef6xwOcs-DQ2W6d_V5t4mlncprFdQACtC-3ccs30ahsegtPepPImXdpnAAazn6c7ozvxo4

Well that was conniving of Ward, he did sorta force Tianna into this little conspiracy of his...and its kinda interesting how willing he is to rules lawyer his way out of that promise to Margrave Bernstol.

ACtC-3cSWHi_CJmMiasz_BJF5uJHM3lNwzd2Nye4ACtC-3dJ5pEMc-nvh6uOekpQsnFWQ05nBxVWbznrACtC-3fdNQs85GY_3n0XzN_YkSxWBNlXOzho_6ss

And they have fallen for eachother haven't they? Or are they afraid Reese will try something reckless to reclaim Serenia for her?

ACtC-3cgVdRgFNHIIMwjClCLrA6ws8AZaqxf_--8ACtC-3dHcsP9Ql-RQ3lKrG8IHNXC2eaMn1YE3WXYACtC-3cW9fjJb453OBMVj3ySRjf9RFeEncybGq2NACtC-3c3PuX134dSE9P9aQUL8UXcVYM4nNHs1BiI

That is very practical of him, and I like how well this sets up this Count Piers as an interesting future minor villain. Nice job Kaga!

ACtC-3cH2zSstLVzeblN7siMM-HPP4kwkA8S4nst

Once again we have parallel showing up, first with shitty fathers at the start of this update, and now with two women kept safe from assassins through obscurity, and the potential consequences of those secrets leaking out...

ACtC-3d8vbGsBLCZOkR4O_A7tWIWo6HX-HCYe_2EACtC-3cvZiSi2JGKoD0lhiHmM5hMZBpS-t1ju0a9ACtC-3fd43WS83RRt4A9go7YleTbhx8eSWSMGuWhACtC-3fpijtMQzLjVz15S3XYZSURlWY7mFRl6F3oACtC-3dSaV-xU-yALhZL2nV1CUAN22YkbN8l2ktdACtC-3dx8OBb3DJ1Qs7zvgQcr4TDmNj9ipnv1eMe

Again with this massive amount of concern over their social station

ACtC-3cM1m0i0Gcgk7u1aHNfIJ9nQq7QvDuXMeyP

...oh no...this is leading to some pseudo-incest isn't it.

ACtC-3ca3AriluFcWBxJoOTKlNzV8e21VU5FnJIlACtC-3eHYi7E4xHqR7ADI8meNOZs94u-48IqYF9d

You just couldn't help yourself could you Kaga...but not that surprising, protecting Lynette in this time of need is setting thing up for an alliance between the Shinon and Serenia once she is in a position to reclaim her Duchy, and if Bernstol wants to really cement that he is going to want to arrange a political marriage between her and his son...

ACtC-3eaIbbgrtWUID5OLky-uPMwODxiGixfg5pZACtC-3d2vdIGwmo7KpDefmybkmKJehaStUnx_0qi

At least it isn't full blown incest...

ACtC-3fUC5pnMf8UQn2O0aS1A_oVX5meTPRCeVtsACtC-3d814Dy_7VW2AQ9Wb7szAqQVCywjpiZqK8yACtC-3d7x3RcG9H9esyKQBtMsocfn2OckwYWdCW_

The guilt Ward felt keeping this secret, having to come out to soothe that sense of betrayal. This is such a nice storytelling touch.

And with no more story stuff jumping up, we can finally move onto... a fair bit of item management.

ACtC-3dSj6CoHdeZ1mRapTHsL1PakS6wQd03iBf9

For example...although I don't have to start shopping just yet,

ACtC-3cof8uQG6kriljkT10uEuxzMtcIWD_m8_LY

Seeing as I have been benching Elbert for the most part, this fixes his equipment at least, but there is much more to fix, and I might as well see what new stuff is avai-

ACtC-3ctSYFsuod_NTQyfCDDKLNaItxAg9dJNwEO

...I just can't help myself can I....

ACtC-3enIjJ0Ew5WVjp2sSvG26ppqaDIDtRclD5aACtC-3eWsRO7U6dbvhmzmfX-FBFYMFye6Xhfsuuo

I will probably move this horse around eventually, but Sherlock does need a horse...

ACtC-3f37bFoQXlHK1lpD2_ZJtggxufKoPHt2eKI

...Shrug, this wasn't all that necessary, I just have a funny feeling he might need another axe for some reason.

ACtC-3ciwTBieFbJKyqKSAJn85ZtvzKp89f2mqjB

And he needed a new spear

ACtC-3fU5XkXpn3ZdzQywWX7FQywznn4qFlIOSPY

OK, this one is just massive favoritism, as the Steel Spear is the best weapon I can buy for her...

ACtC-3etnFihXvzE9q6OYvc02gq3jZ5HDwQCzStwACtC-3dyoR0hrZ6sGWDziQfqCEgr0eGNAmP0Q79G

She desperately needed a new bow and arrows, and good ones at that. It feels a little silly having to buy equipment for my mercenaries I am already paying for...

That should be enough item management for now, lets just finish up with some meals...

ACtC-3fY-F55aa3lxckHQ1Yu8eEeZFC89Ww7yp6oACtC-3eGep4FlOOXgpZUf15pyPk3Or6EJ2pba-qvACtC-3eWBM8vYMa7z_chJ-5AWdsFnYYkIw8J7NnL

sigh...looks like I picked a meal Ruby hated

ACtC-3cBR0XeMIiG2X7qfvuoLmXKuiDgcUP42cCE

...she even lost speed from it...

ACtC-3fdjI1ifCkg-V2voxNWGgPEIM2gmBet1EzSACtC-3cz2HLw8CYZ0dm6fpccVsYITZgdyjtcK4cGACtC-3fsVSftkH0jzFEeacP08lQFCm9e2gJysNZC

...I have never seen anyone actually like a meal, and now I get two duds in a row

ACtC-3e_YvylGsU2SIAOhM2sw1Pca3xCY-3H_SF8

...AND SHE LOST STRENGTH FROM IT...

it really feels like these are just a waste of money that have made things worse...sigh lets just give Reese whatever is cheapest

ACtC-3eo_K3qkm4Mj1Ldiye94-iUTDlZDnq6LlkvACtC-3ftqVWz2TXxE-ycwX94ne98cm1kA8pRKjvB

Well at least it didn't make things worse... Alright no more stalling onto th-

ACtC-3f_dtScR2SfQUK8MvZ_PjU-R8F6YzYxqCL5ACtC-3dBbf3466j1xv9bh2qi9EThjTy8IDyOqkNI

Huh... OK, this is useful, it looks like the citizen requests that require a specific person to be deployed, the game will explicitly tell you who you need to bring if you check their entries.

Next time we will finally start the next map,

ACtC-3e4Wd4hFcAoqJ4ZwERfDmyLo3wWe9UqyEFS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The only way I could care about you is if Ruby needs to fight with you to have a happier ending.

Yeah, his value is as a Ward replacement on the side content, and I already have Volo for if I want that...I am not going to hire him now, but I will consider it for the sake of best knight Ruby.

Clifford and Arthur need to survive the game for Ruby to get her happiest ending. Beyond that, you don't actually have to use Clifford. He shares his character arc with Ruby.

However, you're vastly underselling him. Statistically, he's not just a Ward replacement, he's a better version of Ward in every aspect. I'm not saying Ward is bad, quite the opposite, but what is better than Ward? Two Wards! On the skill side, Clifford has Provoke, which is always a great skill to have, and Shieldfaire to make him even more invincible. He's also the only one who can use lances (not spears, there's a difference) at base, and lances are super fun in this game, so... Yeah.

Fucking Clifford, man. His prowess as a unit is inversely proportional to his talent as a father.

ACtC-3ebHLlB8BM4-a1o_SgG-lcKoPmHCrk8bga2ACtC-3flM3vWquWpUbB2Yd4QFiyboDBZmBxKilQT

Oh for the love of St Valemtia, Kaga are we really having a prostitution subplot...

Eyup. You better not lose Christine now!

ACtC-3eIDuBEmRc-Hmmd0H0lL9ijoBNKL_KLLZp4

Unfortunately he is far less friendly with Reese, but it is nice to see the library occupied at least.

Remember to speak with Almuth at the start of every chapter. He might have something to give you...

Axel really is taking on that father role for little Ciel isn't he. Rough as he looks, he has a kind heart.

Indeed he does. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, but Axel is my favorite character in this game. I hope you'll be able to see his character arc. It's wonderful, tragic, wholesome, sad... Got a bit of everything!

...oh no...this is leading to some pseudo-incest isn't it.

K A G A

ACtC-3ctSYFsuod_NTQyfCDDKLNaItxAg9dJNwEO

...I just can't help myself can I....

Another one!? What!? How are you this lucky!?

ACtC-3fU5XkXpn3ZdzQywWX7FQywznn4qFlIOSPY

OK, this one is just massive favoritism,

The mark of any good LP: Favoring the waifus. In my own Ironman I also favored her... Though mostly because I wanted Free Clifford.

Then as soon as he became free, Clifford died in the first mission I deployed him. In fact, every single paladin except Ruby perished at one point or another. Urrgh...

For the record: the boss on this map moves.

This map is a bit strange. You are very likely to be in position to end the map long before all of it's events happened. Including the Esteban thing.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I will probably move this horse around eventually, but Sherlock does need a horse...

Also, Sherlock actually does get an Ish's Courser on promotion for free.

That Ish's Courser will overwrite any "common" horse he might have. But if he is already using a special horse, then he will stick with that one.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3dqorRmSxIuLnk4rQzZ-IjDfUPdGtx7TitH

Seems we have stepped into some unrelated family issues instead

Yo, my second-favrotie character in all of fiction! YOU'D BETTER NOT MISS HIM! Also for Arina's sake... It is very esy to miss him, though.

Plus, he gets basically the best skill in the game later on, but I'll not say anything more unless ya want me to.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

it really feels like these are just a waste of money that have made things worse...sigh lets just give Reese whatever is cheapest

Some of 'em are really good, I thik...You seem to just be getting bad luck. (Some foods grant vantage to some units, for example, and there's one that gets extra magic for your first mage...)

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Indeed he does. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, but Axel is my favorite character in this game. I hope you'll be able to see his character arc. It's wonderful, tragic, wholesome, sad... Got a bit of everything!

I can see that, as I am liking the guy too, and probably will deploy him even when his amazing utility doesn't make him top of the deployment list...

Another one!? What!? How are you this lucky!?

The luck lords giveth and taketh, Horse luck I have, but food luck...

The mark of any good LP: Favoring the waifus. In my own Ironman I also favored her... Though mostly because I wanted Free Clifford.

It feel like its the opposite, seeing that asshole trying to shit on Ruby's dreams made me want to use her all the more, just to spite Clifford...

Then as soon as he became free, Clifford died in the first mission I deployed him. In fact, every single paladin except Ruby perished at one point or another. Urrgh...

...That is actually kinda funny (and terrifying, what could wreck him so thoroughly?)

14 hours ago, BrightBow said:

For the record: the boss on this map moves.

This map is a bit strange. You are very likely to be in position to end the map long before all of it's events happened. Including the Esteban thing.

As you will soon see (not sure if it will be one or two updates from now), I had to learn both of those lessons the (kinda?) hard way...

14 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Also, Sherlock actually does get an Ish's Courser on promotion for free.

That Ish's Courser will overwrite any "common" horse he might have. But if he is already using a special horse, then he will stick with that one.

Interesting. When I figure out how promotions work in this game, I will keep that in mind...

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Yo, my second-favrotie character in all of fiction! YOU'D BETTER NOT MISS HIM! Also for Arina's sake... It is very esy to miss him, though.

I try my best, but you will have to watch the wild ride we have to get there...

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Some of 'em are really good, I thik...You seem to just be getting bad luck. (Some foods grant vantage to some units, for example, and there's one that gets extra magic for your first mage...)

To be fair I have also been very cheap with my food too, but my awful food luck hasn't helped either...

Spoiler

ACtC-3dHnl-TdKy9Mh_VjlLS9VHt_Cs9-gB-9cKa

12 deployment slots...perhaps I should have bought another Merc so I could bench Izerna as well, but I think this should still be fine. I am putting my infantry near the front, as the cavs should have no problem catching up. Now lets take a quick look at the map...

ACtC-3d7GbhT2EDr-Ow3NAaM1WCJJqKg-rnWYj0xACtC-3ccBHXoOx1vaCCX7VUQDUw8Ne35G9CCrr-PACtC-3c4-7-GsByqZjCBRAewbNQVuyayXLUmvEpbACtC-3cAYmMWpNy317P68V9DqaVv-yWyGLwqFsql

I don't quick catch the right frames to show it, but each of these four tiles have the shine of a searchable location, and these are really spread out. I am guessing that mirror is in the fort by the lake, so Axel is headind strait for that one, and then head for the southern one as well, while Cezene checks the nearby woods for hiders on the way to that cave in the other corner (and house on the hill once that area is cleared out...)

ACtC-3d7ZWK77iP2ZwT-0iAeV6NOYsbOKhLgUXS1

All three of the enemies here have something to note about them

ACtC-3f11mZORFCp3GDcNMjZgr-XGl06XMrussuiACtC-3dFdONLW6pxOW_dzRbMU04GkW8o5zf8mNZZACtC-3cDMC2kLJ92HFJOJIW7DH65oFkqaqyLfRfU

The axey boy has some loot, while the two archers are looking kinda dangerous with those skills. I think I want to rush towards that plateau, see if I can't kill the archer with a cooldown skill before he can hit me with a triple shot, although the extra range poison arrows look annoying to deal with as well.

ACtC-3fjzT78tQ6hIzugCx341Yb1LTyHDtgiZlAXACtC-3e8mDvONpMH4ZbFgJR__cCOBLJHgg7AwFMA

There is some more loot on the lower route, plus there are two mounted enemies (one you can see above, and another closer to the exit)

ACtC-3dvJ6EvBOKwJaLV9FM9QQ8YQL9xu9C5gcfAACtC-3d1mwJaMeLLQflvh4jso1oOJt7uqKOYD5gq

That both drop horses for us, which is nice. Although wielding daggers from horseback sounds incredibly silly, you would have to get way too uncomfortably close to use them...

ACtC-3dmfnM--v-Oowzb3bR-1vrfUvCq4ofPBTNj

Then there is this guy, whom I recognize from the bounty list, and looks to be the boss of this chapter.

ACtC-3cZ6MAVHrY-n8Y1MIYCJY9Khh1JnhXDEyiB

That is a nasty sword, but he doesn't actually have the levels to use it properly (note the orange down arrow on it), so hopefully it isn't that bad...honestly I have forgotten what penalty not having the levels for it actually does...

ACtC-3em20mej4DIWGLB9IHXdl5yI2TWPCTIyyw1

And those are some annoyingly good looking skills on him...

Alright I think its time to start this me-

ACtC-3fEkhAnRjm0NpY1wtR80E7ccDYhfawrAl5AACtC-3d4cBHsqkvlG63dAjM1vi9GOgOyt5zGUaNqACtC-3eVGJIBI7VHPwdLXsUqWWxpSWVewvI4z3LbACtC-3eivWD1C17DFpJ7k3DCWvAW7fZ0rMpgSLxn

...and we are interrupted by the three Priests arguing about which route to take...This is kinda reminding me of the Dorias and Augustus argument about whether to take route A or B, with each talking about the cost and benefits to each route

ACtC-3dqMkp-q8NLEoEy9GvIynxiwSbN9v9VpCkzACtC-3e3NTeCFgn-3kyncZWEkJfzuGrka6pSh82_

I am betting there is some gameover condition attached to losing some of them, so safety would be ideal...

ACtC-3enXsYce40fNBdwFW7CBLRnTvZO17iMbtjIACtC-3e3N919Ty4vq4eYKdtHGhTrLA5zRTC27gcv

...Reese, why couldn't you man up and make a decision here (or perhaps give us the decision...)

ACtC-3didnaZl2tqrVoeOqgA_hVH_lvoe5YSQU1_ACtC-3ez7yQ4xnxznqx4P3m_74RmyDcdGsym-b0KACtC-3eLV5vW1CLdSDMO5JvseKu021CQm2yweee3ACtC-3cTNhKF4MLV3O4HPhr-y2E1lrjIXIOeSmqeACtC-3e5J-2iBdFNpyhTmYEKYBL7o2ae1Gt12WgF

By the grace of Veria this argument is so petty...

ACtC-3d_LjAp5H5qS8CKzsXBLDMDkL_CtQQ7unXLACtC-3eyGOq5GPOQi_JFlvhFGCZWeAjvg9CCHDIIACtC-3e75EfKd3v3C1U34vOfH7mcO57-Rzpd8BfSACtC-3fRyELV6zjS1pSA6eMhO5yvTFx2UBqpyYmBACtC-3dprTSs9gtGRS6udM-l6uFushq6f13K6Cbi

And they are all going in different directions...

ACtC-3cq3_YjVwsEEBSYY3xmtzIEW2JQB-97w3QtACtC-3dUbzffv45q7_ZYCZmp4k5CtZ0z5TfJHRo_ACtC-3ct-ID64lz5X21Y06kzmvpY5fTRz1L8ccyDACtC-3dv1V7FJkIvsTbhjVcnuezyjNo6KbtosNZZACtC-3fFifcynM1DXNNnScaWmQl81bUv5zC-ZKyMACtC-3cS64OTUi45ELcr1Kv5kV7Cu2mBorQ6gAkr

for their own pettiness, greed, or cowardice...

ACtC-3ez7im16eVElDLBZDEjB8gsQl-ZXqd_1cA5ACtC-3fvuoieYWwEZ_ZoOCSy8dIdRaoRdNHtWXB-

and they all really hate eachother...

ACtC-3cmUKX7ecs414UawsFEqESIU85_hD2h-EOrACtC-3eLmvw_Gnil1S0E_MH78cmHc_j1troe-5JDACtC-3c5WzCCWtXXefQCLEg-M9hDk_FD699LMfyZ

To be fair, we were going to split up to go after all the treasure and optional objectives on this map anyway, plus with them all split up (assuming all of them don't HAVE to survive) we avoid that old all eggs in one basket issue, where a single problem I can't deal with on the wrong route doesn't gameover the run. Alright time to sta-

ACtC-3ehK3dKGQCM2yOdQ_THbBqfkpMn6awH8KZ4

...or we get to listen to some inane bandit talk...

ACtC-3fC3XvO2FYRBTUpsHmlXN-SaOjznQJOx8HyACtC-3eA8uznKxWFmw9SAFMegthIuXpI5TfatOkL

Alright the ugly mug got a bit of a smirk out of me, especially when the other guy is the same face pointed a different direction.

ACtC-3e-f6dSeX2oArfD-RV8bsCZW1xZvbXpHCgiACtC-3dqGuWigLHNXyajZ7CWfV3_gl2CpIdw6OIGACtC-3dMTJwlzqQ7PgobhgxD1uRy-EOS954Ihx8p

Did we really need a reminder of the mirror sidequest like this?

ACtC-3drSuHcVbi6Pknc8AJHfzne_A96vBssadRuACtC-3fnahYgZNhMe1BKiYHBse5cuwsri9KatQ88ACtC-3fhnOnL70HFHVbX6EDVMzIg_AFX6uDiSxuH

When we find that hunter (Rodin was it?), if he is an old man I am calling it canon that he is the one that saved Teresa.

And with that done we can FINALLY start the -

ACtC-3fz3nL90Cr6PwJp7RyDIMPOqt1w-FHALfmUACtC-3fJGhvKheYvc40tQLnYmD6QaqjsDMYBN5Hk

...sigh, I better go through this real quick. I guess this confirms that only one of the priests has to make it. Also that is an interesting mission object, with the priests having to seize before Reese.

ACtC-3ca7bw2Xj1SqejqjWqLNUMO1enzyX7yiLP0

...escorting green units...Hopefully these guys aren't TOO stupid...

ACtC-3eojMHpdBwOLxnRqqbRtbUDTgvkTboUXxfaACtC-3dgy2Y-Oyih3EQQr7Sy_KZPqb9gCnWPlYZDACtC-3ecKl9Lm_0gqh_xLnxRxkkl7uVN6VNA1m8zACtC-3dDsvMqyEcBESgWMkm3FeCRKucwxtfS8gLz

We ran into Berserk before (I guess that is repeated here in case you skipped the optional map that had it...), and have an item for it, but I don't have a means of recovering the other two. Fortunately they all run out over time, (and the series worst of the bunch, Berserk, is the one we CAN cure) so it shouldn't be too bad. Plus the only status inflictor I can see is a poisoner, so I might not have to worry over the far worse two...

ACtC-3f-bzF707s7rbxfgmWMEGg3uMI5nd8XsB0e

This feels a little redundant, as this information is fairly easy to discern by looking at the enemies (and terrain). I guess the advice about waiting til they are off the water isn't the worst advice, but that is going to limit your progress a lot...

ACtC-3fH1cDseIx0rzvEzl1UlY_GPaoBmNr3K8pnACtC-3eMSwIQyLebDv5sRs5BWMueBJFHGoWH83bAACtC-3cQChbnDymHwTtnbMlQkHXLXpcnBotPdYDEACtC-3d05yXbj4xvjA7-USvqbzEi_lKy0AnPlSJ2ACtC-3fe_pX706MqFzCVJVL8scQtumkS_t0WiNZb

I feel like I had to learn these mechanics the hard way in the last optional map...

ACtC-3epw7OU4ExVwu6BlkUP-Me8oVS1LTZygDScACtC-3cjExFCNUNp9aFYZlmK6HvHP-t_HaI2GK6b

Alright, the zeroing of avoid mechanics on cliffs was nice to see explained, although I still am not really sold on Kramer. I am sure there are times where it is amazing, but it still requires cliff terrain to be near evasive enemies, and with the enemy phase example there, you need to dodge the first hit to even have a chance to hit himself.

ACtC-3ew1e2b-043iLR_eImY1ZLlXUoeVcDY6Lx_ACtC-3f2gXLh8G2Q1gVHDe1iyyCDdB2NW9RWx0iJACtC-3c81w5JfeummJGjOstmkd2pqFmgE6AcvkY-ACtC-3c3RnzBVNt5WcJni8AjxgvXy0OrIdC8dGN6ACtC-3ctHXb9OGUx8VmqwfbkIgOna-BSEke9Ouqg

I like how they are detailing the differences between these methods of multi-attacks. So far I only have weapons with additive multistrikes

ACtC-3cMA1oXP8aJssH5F92_MyWOstOX6codJ8d-

...and this is on top of skills like Supportive, and Commander. I wonder if these are listed somewhere in game like in Vestaria Saga, or can be increased through events like in Tear Ring Saga.

ACtC-3c7I0-qXwALJfyNe0twTY1Xw-6MRZIWStWyACtC-3ft-6rmlQ9bAsBIrMxlHNx_qDdZUEAFQcJZACtC-3esVcF3FWL0EsODlX5yNMs4zAWHXogzCAlH

On missions with two maps? that is a thing? It sounds like such a DS move, that it feels especially strange on a PS2. I guess that explains why I couldn't figure out what L2 did. I stumbled onto some of these already, never tested L3,R3, Start, or Select. The Tear Ring Saga style flags might be interesting to use some times...

Now to FINALLY start the map...

...ok nothing popped out to stop me, so I guess we can begin

ACtC-3cXdVMYSEzOOM8sKGTTbUYsP3Dh9MEeon89

I feel like have Ward harming something is just a classic opener...if he didn't miss. I will also call attention to both a green and yellow pieces in the turn rotation, green has got to be the priest, and I am guessing yellow is that hiding hunter we need to talk to.

ACtC-3d15-OubnHVf1EldANO_qposmdCJxl2nC0F

...well at least he got some shield rank in consolation.

ACtC-3cChDI9y4GfxZGcddVFzvEKsTcbMoHSMTJEACtC-3d4g_ER31Scrr1WPJmxal8581pV9-OwOKm_ACtC-3dGIptP97Zy1RkXndQgl5VwZorzGHKZt-hs

Well one of these guys popped out of hiding, but I probably should have expected the green unit to charge out into the open and get hit. Fortunately that only one that hit dealt kinda trivial damage...speaking of which I should have probably looked at these green units before.

ACtC-3fq5EPl288HtmjjpPtlDUIocXMsKlWaFkHVACtC-3dksEyQnwy8__U2YVc9jB-1JWFOL31BGBQb

Terrible stats (although the embarrassingly bad move is probably a good thing...), but seeing the Miracle Charm return from Tear Ring Saga (and having it on the lemmings) is a pleasant surprise. No skills though...

ACtC-3d2kzyAScQCkFiL5EwnU9KIZ3-dWfMO9Gv0ACtC-3fcZOFHW04C48TkcW0zxeuu7ym17hlaIOKsACtC-3f9lUzS3QNIbgnV5EqgtR_In372yQs20cWp

Unlike this guy... although the Miracle skill is a poor replacement for the Miracle charm. Also the 20 might magic attack looks utterly ridiculous...and of course its the guy with the overkill weapon that advocated trying to take the safer path.

ACtC-3c4Ui9pxIuZv6PLf8XktWhAArN0WnutFql7ACtC-3eIWxbrQvRK151q0QbpyfAscA6Z-PizIz3m

Well he is the worst of the bunch...

ACtC-3fCP_9Z0Q_EkhjSdwaGNSbUr-37lLsTqAOGACtC-3c-EApyKSs9hGMXf4hOWjRe6PYGPuo0lHL1ACtC-3c_0YST7nunl2CkhxuCg5pW_9E-SUTSJxL8ACtC-3eHM1PJEfFppF_nbqwPFJ0_9mmox8Vw-2pU

That takes cares of one of the early enemies (and Ruby continues her success despite the odds streak).

ACtC-3f0E2pvynM6CRi4IfmNrSJinC4aQGJlMPhvACtC-3eZ0Olr__fugug4kEXw8fq8X6WTSmKmw6OnACtC-3d97DmGDDbrPxT1tRLwtSA4MByiapQrGdGh

The extra precaution of using Deathmatch to make certain he kills was entirely unnecessary. The first part of this map feels like such a slaughter, with the whole army still together to pile on these nearby fools.

ACtC-3dsuDAPlyhheNJVo0Ruv74obzOzaljB1OexACtC-3eiwAmdu-I7nYUWCNmCfpX2h5nm18uxQvs1

Eh, you can't win them all, although I should

ACtC-3e08AZfhAyH4IZ_kZSc_UBFawQpos3FzDD9ACtC-3eS9WXvDZ6aowo4paZrrpKeRULTlApg1xQe

still be able to take him down

ACtC-3eReSHKQS49LV1fbtBlb4GFiBfT9xOA2opZACtC-3creqGQ6uQ7g-tAXoVHIk0Spwu4pX4_mqep

with enough units attacking

ACtC-3dDcBqaKUTc4S2jlo4ENkUugjjAc6QCRFWo

I probably should work on conserving that sword of hers that I just repaired, but I needed the extra att-

ACtC-3exG3jn7YKgCKLadx6ZkcX9q2dm72X7O2Wq

uhh...crit chance...

ACtC-3dyiv7TeDLgmt1w3NmruLtR24vDnpczEVmR

Its nice to have it confirmed that these green fools will try to heal people so early in the map.

ACtC-3fpbxIavqRp_PZ1UsVfKqvc6ZvnmXYhyhVFACtC-3fPC_MnWZnKnVpMw0jlpF5hjMIFNnIm0NMw

...well that was a lucky thing to find hiding before it could use that skill to steal from me...

ACtC-3d12z9tbJ8zPgx6Lv_e_W0gjZWAe2ogPoA9

I don't like that hit rate, but if it misses I can have her take the top slot with Aim...

ACtC-3eBIJOk85xo58RCLYMB-k_zN_se7KpNSjZDACtC-3c9PBePX5ZoP8qpIl2F5pNdMkoqstxGfH_I

A Meh level, but a great kill.

ACtC-3eth8azhyDVf6V-Gl-5OihLcWCH8GZ8EhG1ACtC-3dHKlGmkpY5Q-jLcAz2n1wBjL2oigZEzdZv

And with that Ward now has +1 move. The next turn opens with

ACtC-3cFF0ylrfBSEI2ZKJIrwCVeaRZDWLqFJm6m

An ominous event. It looks like it was more than just simple bandits attacking the Apostle...

ACtC-3eBW9kJGSSNxFQER5L_iSkjHCGaXNpAnTzY

Its interesting that they call the Apostle the Witch of Veria, and that these Shining Knights were wiped out by the king, especially with Raze being an Empire, and not a Kingdom...

ACtC-3dwkP1tgzTYpoJjUVL2xTsUasRESvR08X-kACtC-3dsIjQ1L1RwK-QKQSrGWBYZnVTutgpGHYVg

Seems this Cardinal Almachus is a bit of a coward...

ACtC-3fCGW_e3RBe4sTamzO8NqhSW08lCCDDeJfE

...alright I can't take someone called Master Chaos seriously.

ACtC-3fizz7T1wJfOSeyS63nJ3qdACleD7H9YNM-ACtC-3cd2G2Lh2xcQa-ajAPToeLxhPqOWVISFZ9sACtC-3dYKK4-fFeTwGpFjKK4Pd5p93MHiAoN7b66ACtC-3cL3bL1szzTIObikkSA1MXEZLRf6j6MwwiE

I guess that confirms Bornia's betrayal, and sending the Cardinal away will probably get these Razites to take the field personally...

ACtC-3dmGlymJkbbYP-UuD-gB1y9CXz6DDsZAi4HACtC-3eGEj0YohdNQ1YTXwS9L8yjE7WRt6XqpDqBACtC-3e9BB0EtaoBKiQFVthWIB5kIubHtstL_u2UACtC-3d8AjNviy1CKJcgps_4H3DPb5DiZQMAGMxBACtC-3fn4fJj34iHtfEFSavO4VBGWZj1yBYVGCLw

They are clearly setting up next chapter here, with this Vestor likely become an ally. Plus the stick in the mud has been sent away...

ACtC-3cRe7g1Qkey0Fk_7p6Pr7A1syj4RGosxC2U

Can't argue with that assessment. He will probably be returning next chapter, and his cowardly pompousness will be appreciated.

ACtC-3d4trZzs1GQMZ6TePfHJXqTRf7m94d5NtHkACtC-3eO3AVzez-eEefoiLZvhdkKXA23DwtuyTVdACtC-3eeZSzAA688u5cwld9bNix4e24If1kq73xeACtC-3cKfHxMgwRqR-e56jrNevDT4l7c_TUxDrhF

Seeing as I have an optional objective of getting a Dark Mend orb, that was kinda expected. Kinda odd that "Lord Chaos" didn't mention that when the cowardly Cardinal was still around.

ACtC-3eQwKxxlQFnqF_TNPGLCGf2WgiBiVo5vjmWACtC-3eh6sOD2EKaWiZGGvIElbwneDq0QBbGnLtBACtC-3dCr9YEVZuPsCA5el7e3t5-C6YF68yzUsU8ACtC-3e-fKgX_X5lVN6fslOjlEhWAkmQMzXxH0lH

Unstoppable divine sword...I've got a bad feeling about this...

ACtC-3fBxpwfL4YUwBBoD4y_Kxiv4aVJXwqZFaz7

Good luck with that...

ACtC-3ede82zaaX29T_BcMm6Zqsq7ulnhpxr-FfvACtC-3dZcmlHzX9hdki2Z60um6zMxbjAitCNQdjK

Well that is interesting, Faye must have some event tied to this "Lord Chaos". I am bit surprised there wasn't anything hinting that you should bring Faye, but this seems to be a lucky break.

ACtC-3e3ABuvjiUJnVGbuimdTTLzo1CEdQfSrSoSACtC-3enlJstD_Aw1T5yUFvI11P6Al4JjP5QRKk_

...he is capped level, with endgame stats, and potent skills...I really hope Faye has some kinda scripted event that just...sends him away...St. Valemtia be damned what are you supposed to do about this thing if you didn't bring Faye...what am I going to do if I am wrong about Faye and she just has a cool battle quote or something.....

ACtC-3eNmSZHd6bU_DxD2h8Ul9KVw7xW1M2Q4KreACtC-3c3ccp4D4hzoQWG1hcohIxHPT1oKAJdIw5g

That is much more manageable, although 1-3 is annoyingly long attack range.

ACtC-3f42WPnK9sQSMBQnh2eUK2BmDwTMU5ET1gL

Yeah I didn't uncover his hiding space until after Czene moved, so he got the chance to attack the green units for free. Both the hex system, and the initiative system of this game makes it much harder to prevent enemies from attacking green units...

ACtC-3cz4-Fn9dWXiKXnqNbwlJOGdixFv2m2ForAACtC-3fikWIWfy1v7QLRTIJgCJSHCqLsNQdbaIPH

I know the game advised I wait till these guys reach the shore,

ACtC-3eZjg8nprZRQtbZ4EcMh1-tV4FpRjjFOsNaACtC-3fF5AG1RbPJpNdxzswibmmWCTVY6bd6SKi2

But Axel is playing the same high terrain avoid game they are...

ACtC-3e1pnBTnV7AYjhras4j9rP9vMDDXuBgxlRsACtC-3c8S0ewXPw8KUM9bLJWgSNgS_ddUKqwdd-1

And with that I take down this surprise enemy with units that can keep moving forward with Canto.

ACtC-3cpeX9JAW3wTqJFL4vRB0blEUnIacscWdya

And after Canto, he gets the hit boost from supportive to

ACtC-3eJFfPof03pvXP3Lcq8uihHz7fGy6_H_aBH

totally whiff. I guess we can see

ACtC-3cP2QUxdDWwgcQ9qxAy_S1qeMPBzCpeXbmy

if Ruby can grab the kill...

ACtC-3eKBn3PvTmh4n0YlwnkwYgXDO4b9KSH3PV8

Ahh, no dice. I guess her luck streak had to end eventually...

ACtC-3ecfLsqar1s4LtoyY6QJSDpLdJJF5axQtpjACtC-3f_6A_I-c5WlXHF8VU94GPWrHtVXDztM3gp

Honestly, Reese could probably use the exp most, seeing as he can't participate in the extra maps. Yeah maybe I should have taken the games advice

ACtC-3f3Um5C3bWMvHhfoe7JUeGc8POZsMdC92Ci

The plan here is to continue with the extreme favoritism, and pass the other +1 move horse over to Ruby (which has the added bonus of getting my lowest health horse onto Christine...)

ACtC-3cgc23KRjQSnjmt_TXibOhq1gAlfkKFxD-a

Speaking of plans, Ward is moving out here to help escort Faye

ACtC-3eRt6GNtwwfa0LQvou5hHO4HEo-FkS87zQYACtC-3c-1tXWYMUMjzPvk262yWyPH4QwaCmCvVft

and chip one of these enemies down for her on enemy phase...

ACtC-3cMCbXhXirhPpMLAtl7Bc_AUdoK6OCeu6jY

But I think I will save some personal sword uses

ACtC-3duOaYhZWwU1N6eKiE0wHyjuZdc4byFU4TIACtC-3fWEmegieaNCGEwDZIq1aktT3DrSKOQgZnmACtC-3cyG55baSv4B64z2kxr3hc-zMDe7A6PcmAd

and if she had the same luck with hitting as she did with these skill procs she would be really good...

ACtC-3coDrrtceqIdKuzC8DQc3Eqr8zu2fLheh3mACtC-3cF5CrVIpgcln0UpZDzU0AMxF0xfF5uFp-CACtC-3fD8vz0OwyFCpxMSprDOaXuxZnN8CfQd4fr

Axel is showing these sad pirates how it is really done...also note the shine there in the last image that I somehow missed while looking over the map at the start. That MUST be the mirror.

ACtC-3e-4ASYtDqHyzwaPxiz_9aVYqPz-b8jMQbL

What a fool

ACtC-3e8qsA21T269Qt7pTbH86MMmH7dIz75PwiK

...eh no biggy, but it would have been nice if Ward could have dodged/blocked for the counter.

ACtC-3dUdV5Cd9UqITmAM7vD4ZEw-5-2yNLKqUsPACtC-3dH450A9XnTxq0nAz3gBW-J1Ypf26Lf3XHDACtC-3fvLcZ_yGj_r3yd83VrRGef5qhhMVhsYMba

Although Faye has a far better enemy phase, grabbing the kill she missed before.

ACtC-3ct71JAQAQPsBVomEr2zU3lVj2xuoyLbENvACtC-3cjgiykCy47O1ICRGE6V1vi2k6tzhvIMoAd

Now I should be pushing more in this direction, so I can deal with that archer before the triple shot goes off cool down, but these axey boys are just a bulky sort

ACtC-3dCtJ-sQCE24sMRGdQnDih2MCEF9o3sOwvPACtC-3e2RQwctfHI7ERt88-SMmZlQ6soKsrjo4j_

Shame Axel missed the counter, but those are some nice odds there

ACtC-3dPXHJ8A9Km73hR-OW8YSSxICdHjjDwQLaPACtC-3dwfB7lfouemtbLHRluuTE3cfT4Ica-bqDvACtC-3c7IQv_JaJB6j64bNyCFQFm3C1TUbL83xD8ACtC-3ei3tfrmgJZ0nuYUfO_aRINfQl9s1n78GMK

and that enemy leaves itself open to ranged attacks across the river that it has no means of dealing with.

ACtC-3cz8lT9Osp_de5QzHwHsNNmv7gZLdn_i4Xz

Perhaps I should have thought a little harder about where he Cantoed back to, as the water avoid bonus could get annoying

ACtC-3evYxIBs8FHYOmcJ_ujxFOQ5FqH7AJSJkFf

but vantage works just fine.

ACtC-3enRxAF2rintKP24mokZj7NthhRXEPdHUa8

I would have rather finished off the one Adel attacked on player phase, but he literally ran away...

ACtC-3cmhjCiJUJO1NEPGpz-272mpf5W7qWYnSS2

but the Ruby chip helps

ACtC-3etoeXGXnHMVG0Zi9W-XGaSUuizRUzOU4aWACtC-3dpAS_wvMTUxUi8-TDt1k9IS3A8ePdJsLIl

Deathmatch is a tiny risk here, but it makes the kill more likely

ACtC-3coiTd97gPMEPLHFlAGSbPt6rP34M4QNbnC

and I am glad I did Deathmatch, as he missed the first hit.

ACtC-3dWg8BJ6vo_8p3mw2hNo-rVE-pi9TjsIq0u

...well that throws a bit of a wrench in my horse plans, Christine doesn't have the option to trade horses with Ruby at all...I guess that skill can't be used on Mercenaries...

ACtC-3cOLSc7FVhByLq8aVcoUBnY5RYBiPZJPkgp

Seeing as Reese literally needs to Seize this chapter, giving him the +1 move instead seems like a good idea, but now I need to figure out who to give this Shinon speed horse to...

ACtC-3dEB5a5gcPgfGmrSpBcFMHcmp0_DsvcD-_EACtC-3cK10c6QNLOtU-B8oOTGSJw2JIkQG_Tc_mH

And that should leave this guy in Faye's kill range, and he should be able to canto into range of another enemy to lure in...

ACtC-3dUJ4cDQ180KkEm7fhNjOpOC3pl4rmKYGYRACtC-3d9YQBUVpC9jVun6QhG5a-XMFiYjyo4rpbe

like so.

ACtC-3emckFawnoVPNKPOg9wccXleTuHhPu9Ebtu

Looking at this whole chapter in hindsight, I really should have traded that Thin Horse off of her at some point (to move the stat penalties associated with it..), but it just slipped my mind at the time...well that ended off turn 3, and with another turn before that enemy cooldown skill comes on line

ACtC-3dREcJ2PvLgDKbE7wV_Aza4xFGoyPzuW3Sm

Its about time I tried to deal with those archers, starting with the one that can attack us from here

ACtC-3eSOIREEGs_9Qurc4l_oiV2qEnXLJi7rY1S

Its unfortunate I missed the kill, but

ACtC-3es8CxRiFx_vunuLai3oVDfNciSM0BdxuRLACtC-3dfFdDEyOJ_Vm232HYVdvR1v2bIz42tbKSY

he missed his long range poison hit anyway...

ACtC-3e0mcTzyzQ_vJwqyjjHHITza5R2nmhggof3

I probably should have payed closer attention to this guy's weapon before cantoing Ward into range, but the 1 range axe missed anyway.

ACtC-3dsajJ_igFbqoSabIs8CG2RzTCwCffwDmGJACtC-3dD-p_9p9xUXPL8RCzMfpFzRnHMqOLd85lp

I think I may have stumbled on a slight flaw in my charge the archers plan, as my more numerous mounted troops can't reach them without dismounting, but I guess they can still clear out these axe wielders in the way

ACtC-3eySJhGBhJbmgj0HR0giNPHMm0DXs9d9Nh3

Well I guess it ran away, but I can still reach him. I am tempted to go for the more reliable Deathmatch kill, but the though that Leon dies in three hits dissuades me (especially being just outside supportive range having to chase him down...)

ACtC-3cm3v-8TaWCyIVHczHpsybtIpXTc7N3HA6T

and with luck like that, it was probably a good idea.

ACtC-3e1fc-zWPkWXx_v1iOke_1qAIFNSY9CLhEB

Meanwhile Axel is taking advantage of that water avoid bonus to enemy phase these fools by the lake.

ACtC-3fg1Fe0SkhJyGvTNFPEAc7Cm5YFgAmBdMJIACtC-3fB4RAlHAdmTLIZPynQDR1CP-tK-bYTWn_0

On another front, I have sort left the priest taking the northern path alone so far, and I sorta need to fix that, as this guy is directly in his way. The charge the archer plateaus plan, and escort Faye to "Lord Chaos" plan are covering the other two priests alright, but this last one is just walking directly into this danger.

ACtC-3fIJn0IZ06MaizyNL7WkjSDLWR4asqdAdYBACtC-3dcA_66PcCsvebn0jtdCenwbaFH2_IOlLgH

This guy is bulky enough that he needs both Reese and Ward to chip, for Faye to have an easy kill, so I start with Reese to get the commander bonus closer.

ACtC-3fm3jzC9dhzLMkm38gCtVFkdTsNMZpmS8fj

...5 attack? Ok, I may have been overestimating the danger of this guy's triple shot...

ACtC-3cw6lP6msd76btNRGCR3_cy6y697l3-sG6qACtC-3c7NYrqGcdWdz1uGsKVLX8OCxjpBcjSYeNg

...sigh, well at least this time the enemy would have to burn through 20 uses of that Dark Mend to fully deplete it.

ACtC-3cjeyHTpSYIoIo8I5eYxxRls1b4WURiMr-1ACtC-3fqTwNIWqdjGANshAfTvmEAJ8Wr6myJxXtl

This was dumb, as I should have moved him 1 space forward into the commander range before attacking, but I wasn't punished for it

ACtC-3fNjohoPCPeegBqbsJQ4ALsZD5-yS45mHCYACtC-3fYlOqnGT4JXsL6FpiCsjiwzaYdn-uB8oUu

like I did here with Faye...

#ACtC-3dTr_Aqv079A9oStjPmkhsTLAQtQ4mOR6Vx

There has been some odd behavior from the enemies on this map, first off the boss didn't start on the seize tile, but moved to it (kinda reminiscent of FE1...), and other have been moving in that direction as well, including an archer that just hid in this forest tile...

ACtC-3c7-KXa8hzdNKjZj5Q7O_IJV8YfEGpU7M8a

This missed, but it was worth a shot at least...

ACtC-3cMMHyNUVK0KgMzZ4GBkez8HMXeetwY7mnkACtC-3ebPCmgeK_tD4MVld0CAREGZfYq2o9rWMrw

Perhaps I should have stuck with Axel staying in the water, but with this guy chipped down, now both of these northern enemies should be easy kills for Faye...

ACtC-3fCsVPaIBDn0UsDkVaj6rswg0btjJd1kyqA

Which is half the reason I moved Sylvis over to this hiding place (the other half is to get her to go after those archers on the plateau...)

ACtC-3eRuYUvmBwbRQg4UVv4-VhP-OkOWjGXrZFz

Figured this was as good a place as any for the speed horse to go for now...

ACtC-3fK6C0L4T1K_xF6MGVO3sRto_hA8OICptbHACtC-3fDBg5VnjWYeIJ42H3iOHbZhqpze3_WEw2Y

And this is why Ruby went after this guy. Fortunately he didn't hit, but he needs to be dealt with soon...

ACtC-3fp3wPwmHV_sr4LfsAXWTNSuQRPuBTujWh9

And we have finally reached turn 5, which feels like a bit of an anticlimactic stopping place, but the images have really piled up here...

it may take a while to get through this map, as there are still so many images to go...

Spoiler

honestly I have forgotten what penalty not having the levels for it actually does...

Any special effects the weapon has (IE the rapier's shield-bypassing ability or the knight sword's second strike) do not work, and there's a chance that any attacks with the weapon will just straight up fail. The broader the gap between the weapon's rank and the wielder's level, the higher the chance of failure.

especially when the other guy is the same face pointed a different direction.

I have to wonder if they did that on purpose, haha.

Did we really need a reminder of the mirror sidequest like this?

Well, no. That's not a reminder - that's your hint that the mirror is actually in the middle of the lake.

...escorting green units...Hopefully these guys aren't TOO stupid...

Pfffhahahahah.

They'll charge forward.

Okay, but one thing I love about this map is that the priests will actually heal your units if they stand at the end of their movement range. So the fact that there's only one Izerna for three paths doesn't really matter that much.

Terrible stats (although the embarrassingly bad move is probably a good thing...), but seeing the Miracle Charm return from Tear Ring Saga (and having it on the lemmings) is a pleasant surprise. No skills though...

Orbel needs that charm. His path is by far the most dangerous. Not to mention the, uh... surprise.

ACtC-3c9PBePX5ZoP8qpIl2F5pNdMkoqstxGfH_I

A Meh level, but a great kill.

The only stat Sylvis cares about is level. Everything else? She's set for life, pretty much. Whatever gains she picks up will suffice. The beauty of Berwick.

ACtC-3eBW9kJGSSNxFQER5L_iSkjHCGaXNpAnTzY

Its interesting that they call the Apostle the Witch of Veria, and that these Shining Knights were wiped out by the king, especially with Raze being an Empire, and not a Kingdom...

Indeed, the Raze Empire is not, as a matter of fact, a kingdom.

Tell me, have you finished the map?

Kinda odd that "Lord Chaos" didn't mention that when the cowardly Cardinal was still around.

He was too busy acting confrontational to even remember to mention the reason he had arrived.

I am bit surprised there wasn't anything hinting that you should bring Faye, but this seems to be a lucky break.

If you don't bring Faye, she automatically appears on turn 10 and performs the special event with Chaos.

More interestingly, if she dies in this map (this map especifically) or Chaos dies before they can meet (yes, it's possible), an entirely different event happens at the manor when Sakhalin reaches it, and an alternate arc for Volo of all people takes place. It's a cool easter egg, but not the sort of thing anyone sees in their first run, and it bypasses Faye's arc, so I don't recommend trying it on a first run. Something to keep in mind on a replay, though.

Axel is showing these sad pirates how it is really done.

Pulverize is such a power trip.

ACtC-3cOLSc7FVhByLq8aVcoUBnY5RYBiPZJPkgp

Seeing as Reese literally needs to Seize this chapter, giving him the +1 move instead seems like a good idea, but now I need to figure out who to give this Shinon speed horse to...

If he doesn't already have one, Adel can really use the +2 speed bonus for Vantaging.

On another front, I have sort left the priest taking the northern path alone so far, and I sorta need to fix that, as this guy is directly in his way. The charge the archer plateaus plan, and escort Faye to "Lord Chaos" plan are covering the other two priests alright, but this last one is just walking directly into this danger.

And you really don't want him to, because the reward for keeping him alive is awesome.

ACtC-3fm3jzC9dhzLMkm38gCtVFkdTsNMZpmS8fj

...5 attack? Ok, I may have been overestimating the danger of this guy's triple shot...

We're still facing earlygame enemy archers here.

It will not last, and believe me, you're going to miss them dearly when they're gone.

first off the boss didn't start on the seize tile, but moved to it (kinda reminiscent of FE1...)

That's your hint that the boss moves.

A hint that I completely missed in my Ironman. Even though it was my third run of the game. I just completely forgot he moves... You can guess the consequences.

it may take a while to get through this map, as there are still so many images to go...

It is a long one. Don't worry about it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tell me, have you finished the map?

Yes, but I am trying to get across my thoughts as I went through it at the time.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you don't bring Faye, she automatically appears on turn 10 and performs the special event with Chaos.

I guess that is one way to deal with that issue.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

More interestingly, if she dies in this map (this map especifically) or Chaos dies before they can meet (yes, it's possible), an entirely different event happens at the manor when Sakhalin reaches it, and an alternate arc for Volo of all people takes place. It's a cool easter egg, but not the sort of thing anyone sees in their first run, and it bypasses Faye's arc, so I don't recommend trying it on a first run. Something to keep in mind on a replay, though.

Fascinating... I will have to check this out on my next playthrough.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If he doesn't already have one, Adel can really use the +2 speed bonus for Vantaging.

I am fairly certain the two supportive users were the first ones I gave Shinon horses to. In fact looking back at my older entries Adel specifically got the first Shinon horse.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yes, but I am trying to get across my thoughts as I went through it at the time.

Yeah, I do that too when LPing. Just asking to be sure. Wouldn't want to spoil anything accidentally.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fascinating... I will have to check this out on my next playthrough.

Please do. For the record, the most reliable way to kill Chaos is to increase Dean's hitrate as much as possible, then send him to eat hits from Chaos. Vengeful should, after a few turns of hard work, send him flying.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am fairly certain the two supportive users were the first ones I gave Shinon horses to. In fact looking back at my older entries Adel specifically got the first Shinon horse.

Hah! Good call, good call. In that case, I'm not sure. Nobody else is in too dire a need for speed. Might as well leave it with Christine for the time being.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:13 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

The citizens of Navron are far more rigid in their class structure than either I or Reese feel is normal. Kaga is really setting the seeds of some heavy class divide in the city, with the common citizen utterly terrified of the nobility...

I suppose it's not too surprising. You might recall that the guard at the gate of Navaron expressed doubt that Sinon even has knights.

It's probably a save guess that Reese's reality of living was very different from that of the nobles in Veria's more established territories.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:13 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

...I have never seen anyone actually like a meal, and now I get two duds in a row

In general, the more expensive food not only has stronger effects, but it's also way more universally liked by the cast.

The Roast Beef here for example is liked by 10 character but is only disliked by Ruby.
Meanwhile the cheapest food on this list, the Mutton Couscous, is liked by only 3 characters and disliked by 9.

In any case, the sheer amount of dishes is pretty insane. There are like 50, give or take. Even after all my runs, I only know what a fraction of those actually do. To say nothing about which characters like or dislike them.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...and this is on top of skills like Supportive, and Commander. I wonder if these are listed somewhere in game like in Vestaria Saga, or can be increased through events like in Tear Ring Saga.

Unlike in Tear Ring Saga and Vestaria Saga, supports bonuses are the same from beginning to end. So they might not necessarily be a correct reflection of the current relationship of the characters involved.
That being said, most supports are a meager +1% hit.
They are not listed anywhere, but they are easy enough to figure out, since they only affect accuracy and maybe critical hit in some cases.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright, the zeroing of avoid mechanics on cliffs was nice to see explained, although I still am not really sold on Kramer. I am sure there are times where it is amazing, but it still requires cliff terrain to be near evasive enemies, and with the enemy phase example there, you need to dodge the first hit to even have a chance to hit himself.

I'm not much of a fan of Kramer either. Climber + Arrowbane most certainly sounds like a good combo. But even without his avoid set to 0, he is still only like 2 unlucky hits away from an early grave. Plus, cliffs still don't actually give him any avoid (even road tiles give +1 avoid) and Kramer isn't all that fast in the first place.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:01 AM, BrightBow said:

In general, the more expensive food not only has stronger effects, but it's also way more universally liked by the cast.

I probably should pay for a good meal or two at some point, but my finances have always felt tight enough that it seemed kinda wasteful

The Roast Beef here for example is liked by 10 character but is only disliked by Ruby.

especially with luck like this. I really managed to give it to the ONLY person who dislikes it...

Unlike in Tear Ring Saga and Vestaria Saga, supports bonuses are the same from beginning to end. So they might not necessarily be a correct reflection of the current relationship of the characters involved.
That being said, most supports are a meager +1% hit.
They are not listed anywhere, but they are easy enough to figure out, since they only affect accuracy and maybe critical hit in some cases.

That is kinda disappointing on all counts...

Spoiler

We are on turn 5, and looking at the situation I am in

ACtC-3cFmZo6g0mD9tfToOJuS9thU7_QTRsdVqlR

I decide to pull back without attacking with Leon. With that axe wielder being in dark mend range he can out heal me, if I try for the attack and he gets the counter, Leon is at risk of death, so I pull him back.

ACtC-3ceqKhlkc-Zy57au5T2pfS8JhaueWm3luARACtC-3eqd1V2HxsYnYactjytzmMnKw_ibOe1V4to

That was a little unfortunate...I guess its time to find out how bad poison really is in this game.

ACtC-3e2yIbXba_MBYbzf8mi_fud1CmZOYTdzcTKACtC-3fcW6Y1Y2B6G4Yonb4bd_QDF4oM9oNXgS_Z

And that is a not so gentle reminder of why I sent Ruby after this guy. Thankfully he didn't hit, but I need to get rid of him this turn...

ACtC-3eoQTeZNhIx0bLPhIlDZl72HiYgKNYmyh_zACtC-3dzAMwiE3dYbwUk20JQVVrj4BNw1R5Kx0Xw

Speaking of getting rid of things, Sherlock grabs the kill he managed to miss before on the archer last turn

ACtC-3dPOlJccqOu73gvssEZwHTx85zgs6UL0kWw

It took a bit of creative movement to get the bonus damage for this kill

ACtC-3d3W6sqmPErvmGvlPiQvyz9Wq62GEUKPjgS

...but she only hits with the retry, which doesn't get charge damage...

ACtC-3ebVgxKcRabbEw23M8j-wwcGs_HpmlkWlis

This might work, this special dagger gets an extra attack, and if one of them gets some extra strength damage (or she crits) it will die...

ACtC-3cvKmlt-FB6d1v2zqOsLw5MZJCA_SIjmd2wACtC-3dVNM4wOVF1Ogav6DcKsP2Z4ZvilPhvY-9s

after the first hit missed I thought I was in trouble, but her adept really pulled through for the kill.

ACtC-3cwUtJGRi14Ucc97FVb_i612Psgq3xmSlUB

oops, I probably should have moved him earlier, as the plan was to give this kill to Faye. Fortunately it missed, so that mistake didn't impact anything.

ACtC-3cc_b0KtKSVGYRHpxd6Q5kAG2Q8AqQU2pPLACtC-3dQIWtWfRqq-i4VGndwYTKfb9N5q0Uk_U-A

Speaking of plans, this one goes off without a hitch. Now the plateau is cleared of archer.

ACtC-3dfJhnlAvmYltkY_U0-BvbEEk4fA6vDG2k9

..well hopefully the collector doesn't mind his orb being a little depleted...

ACtC-3cHslh-P9EujtrjlbjjcVHQI7vPbzkLVWxzACtC-3cAM7ykkjdsCHIOQC-MSlrV8m0WekFLQ570

There we go, some more easy Faye exp.

ACtC-3d3Olmc_V-XTpNrdSxxDvVISlGr1Jp8WBwMACtC-3f-ENDAXx8cjuV4x96ijrrBnePRsIkbR-5k

I guess Izerna gets to help out a bit, just in case poison last long enough to be dangerous I should be able to out heal the kinda damage I am seeing from it (spoiler alert, it isn't, and it heals so fast that I am not expecting it and miss the image...)

ACtC-3etNkYWLw6x1DTF2x3OyjqgQ6wRPzrPu_NO

I have a bit of a plan here, there is a house just below the plateau, and I can't enter the hex while mounted, but dismounted she should be able to go there and visit that house next turn with her...

Back in the south its time

ACtC-3dod1IE6u3Nn-7R3ZeX_J7wcuDZNnNsl1LAACtC-3e3oGpVLwdfU4sFQIJawci2N-PsHluZGZ26ACtC-3fsl9CCaE9J0cZrBNClBhL4tnxYnDMJxx0i

to miss everything...

ACtC-3ehsJ6HJVZotKFeBrB0xn8KVW-jSf0OkA3Z

And with that we have one side objective cleared.

ACtC-3fSPPCMirWoTIVUSDIENTVM9kbmZKhR5dqIACtC-3d2Ti9HI7KCq_pB0lHWKSf4DP2oCud9nXarACtC-3dXgIuBpzXunr3b8NltJq-Dt9sS42cfb3nr

I do kinda like how they explain why Axel recognizes the importance of the mirror.

And with that we are at a new turn

ACtC-3eEWbSSX1mHfE1AlYx6-HYwck7fOsOyP61I

so lets

ACtC-3fXKc9DqslmoB7P4BGxELJrVkss2OuWwedZ

fail to hit this guy again...

ACtC-3ffeCR-Rqlgepf0atuP0h4EdCa2p4FKxYkxACtC-3c-Y2uibKyOLcPLCKsQlePespgPDsTp5yWx

at least it missed as well.

ACtC-3d5GAmKVDH2d7fPyAeb8g6v3r2mL1dxQCvE

Hey, the green units are actually helping a little.

ACtC-3flRK3jWfoRvZ7uD_ITe9BdQVZKoyyVACsBACtC-3f67sXGs-XGgvmXTkEby7c0fYQRkcm9NlbI

Finally making a little headway on those enemies between us and "Lord Chaos".

ACtC-3cFonilmTWjkvs4i97UU6Xdynx0foNjsAm1

...I guess that house just can't be visited then...

ACtC-3fDmXYBPr0efPLyad7XlwrkXcf_f3yx6k9hACtC-3dnuOSi88NHHTnUCZFRDeASrqTmxSbe73TI

...Ok, Faye is in real trouble. Thankfully I waited for it to move, but I am going to have to reserve the top initiative slot for her. I swear she has the worst hit luck of my troops despite the odds...

ACtC-3eENCVQsG-i8l_4KOoZmmeplSzAYK-q_LiT

Might as well search the fort, and worst comes to worse he might be able to help deal with that axey boy that Faye couldn't...

ACtC-3efgavVRdFDIkLIoui7MQhluApeaxqs7FCgACtC-3d-HwE3aq4dXXiEWbyJWD3O7VKMOcIIKNq9

Oh right, searches can trigger multi-round combats...fortunately Axel is great at combat.

ACtC-3fj7LpCfoOvwx6wZDbD95usAgQL2iYnEjBBACtC-3e9ZlYQKuen3vpBfz5upPFg2CDoap7edABs

Now that is a boon for my finances!

ACtC-3dLQ74tuUqVebtf1wLtoCaoJY9aBhxFaiFZ

Alright, this kinda annoys me, the game acts like dark mend is a combat spell with regard to the enemies attack range. Axel is one space out of this guys actual attack range despite what the UI is telling me...

ACtC-3fnoDDGnz6wBGzbkei2KkhyH_F-27_LQ9GR

Another hidden enemy pops out to attack the green units...

ACtC-3cWbrd-MQZwmG7MBxJkqZWKK1QYqQH_VPxJ

at least the enemies without axes are kinda pathetic...and that ends off another turn, and the first move

ACtC-3eSnoMBq_vsAnx_bflFKT-u0VrotVJay1ke

is reserved for Faye running and healing...

ACtC-3cGCPKB7V1GMtefyn-jvg57P7Xm7zpnPwxs

...I really should have been more careful with where I moved her, but it fortunately missed.

ACtC-3flaRkyz3mrbwG8VVD--ChAKaHwH7n-qeGuACtC-3dz1RNQOnTYRqJstl9N214FlZd3XaL6NwcM

Lets fix that oversight real quick.

ACtC-3fYtWRh4JJ5x4x3yYpBpl-hCLGDjpnMBbmt

This is just not my turn. I really should have hit him with Ruby before it got up onto the Plateau...

ACtC-3dHaCkGbbOd6kM6WnHuY3RDKVI2p4vOFEsGACtC-3csnxV_buRXfdZB1ygjZpu_N0AeJ1TwYHkxACtC-3eR7A44ePlyIXTMSD9SnnPGsEH_8_Xtob6S

and Sylvis just crippled him for his trouble.

ACtC-3dYeVvig6rPF6J1E6Mn1s0x-6l8wJbYC4eB

Before figuring out who should capture him, I decide to keep working on these guys (especially since this one wasn't willing to go out in the open to attack us...)

ACtC-3d_F0AVV7hZ44wW3RDx-BRHvKc0MfS_SXQ6ACtC-3fMVkp4y8ATyFJHndIvORlCFBeYBDYNu3Su

Although continuing my pattern of Ruby favoritism, I have her capt-

ACtC-3cBXI7Hry0ELL5V62LDh3jf78sSSHwMuY_j

...I probably should have payed more attention to her inventory....eh, its not the biggest loss, a stack of the worst arrows isn't important.

ACtC-3cqr6Uf91xKzfLQ6y1A41dQMqtChhXRkcz1

...at least the green units are trying to be helpful. The rest of the turn is spent pressing forward with the cavs,

ACtC-3ci3lGzoETs2kT85JlrwfDyiRA1667oGHrB

and that is an unwelcome addition to turn 8, as Czene was one turn away from searching that cave...

ACtC-3cfB_RJ3gfp9AnsA7j7CuU3NELI1oCzfctJ

Ugh, and that looks to be two from the fort... I better get Czene to a hiding place

ACtC-3fgf9yynvvM6bIToHay6zB3R62lioKmkgWLACtC-3cHqQJyxg0U_XKCga3LL60DYwHxs_yqzZP3ACtC-3fg49LzepDwbQBUbTFtk0dwHi7nYajUsNTHACtC-3fbIzHoUwAQCareM7eQzUlz6zVyy8h1Cbs7

...That is annoying, as they had enough actions before me to block my path to hitting Fermat while he is just sitting on that cliff...I even got Leon close enough that Adel would get the supportive bonus...this is a little uncomfortable, as I think they just dropped Leon's health low enough that Fermat can two shot him now, and that terrain really restricts my mounted troops movement, if I press in for the attack, and have to pull back, I am in real trouble...I have a bit of an odd idea...

ACtC-3cPYeoqeQzpqX86d8BuSvprMbaVGQTE-mpmACtC-3cGMqByzBdNtEwYUYLpv6LKSBN7JRUk2IJH

Reese can grab this kill, and Canto's to a space that is at the edge of Fermat's attack range (and out of "Lord Chaos"'s movement range thanks to terrain), which should let Ward have a crack at him instead...

ACtC-3c8u6O3Fx4-3z8wUiyldubCDMhBuIizK_PAACtC-3fYWJwFJ0xwfCjI3grEE22EZdRKDnAHnuHY

Well Axel got that kill he was trying to save for Faye (before that blew up in her face...)

ACtC-3eCvp1XxmnPLxOvUrddapbe8viHHqk2hkRP

I am tempted to go with a Deathmatch here, but that would basically commit me to this fight here, but I feel like I want to pull back. As long as I hit I should be able grab that horse as we are pulling out wi-

ACtC-3fXU2kZ6PQmE8o5UBIh9D7PraAewWV16HvGACtC-3e1AjBr2AARsDj4N4uDUAAgLf8e9_kiwDmP

...at least they both missed so I can still canto after that, but after that kinda luck, I feel this pulling back plan was a good deci-

ACtC-3cSGH9hRnMIcoEzjb23A1039KNm4rED1TAJ

...yep very good decision, as he didn't take the Reese bait...

ACtC-3fyq38DFzLLjZjAr0_IM3TFnWkn86e6LgLMACtC-3cnID9CO8ultDA-Ll_ZVgWjxf7xwx71UQCRACtC-3ePcaWXn48r7pj8hWuSXc47XZRjqagn2xnS

...ouch...ok I want to test something, it is going to be a little dangerous, but I should be to canto Adel back into NPC heal range.

ACtC-3fLOq1VtRCZ4z6RlztVU0U3oqU22ysLRlPE

If I can get some serious damage onto one of these I can see if Fermat prioritizes healing or attacking, and with throw he wont take a counter, and it is fairly accu-

ACtC-3f_mPnlX7SR8vsE_g5at1WIXSlsBGxdPHtd

...oh boy this isn't going well

ACtC-3dENNoyNPLn04e99cNEQxiNg9eysJaxfObp

...and it just got MUCH worse...

ACtC-3ew6V9KOdoiCGszKkhsuKZErQdtZMF7EtfT

at least it missed, but I really should have checked the skills on the reinforcements...Now I need to pull back not just for my knight's safety, but to save Izerna's bacon.

ACtC-3dkU3wtp4g-Wt7WjbQhsUig4rE6EB6pqGbiACtC-3ddPKAD3cySZNTT0fUMTI3iXC9dU9zWZtp8

When it rains, it really pours, I mean neither hit...

ACtC-3eUT4MPc1U06eiRVpAe4rNMBDBX2g0ogeNiACtC-3c5kXEhHVRAoaRU-yK8cdjgwipUcpP7Ov8T

at least the final attack from the second cool-down skill did something...

ACtC-3dcoYVKdhmdQrjUWEsiWJt4WRoSOf9TM2mnACtC-3dUvzJuE0k52hMm7kulH_SPmIHc5Trub4oN

...I really should have moved her, now she is in real trouble...

ACtC-3fHGmAs9VN6tUokIumwRB3Ywok7qPQivunBACtC-3cOkFtSsvjKxDP5q-BktQ3SPONkH1EQKzAiACtC-3eO9IjtS6YaAGxAI7xzPv7WFf6aA6AtpYmuACtC-3eUgYT4p5_VP4-joShCZXoRvhGuJ0r1IqiV

Well this wild flurry of weak attacks happens when this fool finally walks over to Czene's hiding place. At least one thing this turn happened as plan.

ACtC-3fv_Zv5yXOalRrZqjtVspPa5wwbmJ4I0Ic-

Speaking of this not going according to plan, I don't even notice Izerna has a vulnerary until after I moved her... this may have just killed, she doesn't have the move to outrun them, and I just don't have the units in place to prevent them from reaching her on a hex map and

ACtC-3eTV_dX09NUtHOjlZNzWxvy3L86ayEdNHdc

of course there are more of those swimmers coming from the fort...on a new...turn...

...what am I doing, its a new turn, I can fix this,

ACtC-3fQ4iORiq7rFK5hoSLypLuuNbC2QaIXPbjl

Izerna can take the first move, heal, and get out of range all at the same time

ACtC-3cSjQjP_CslQpUeG1zbSFaAI0EyhI9SqV7g

At least it wasn't Fermat's taking that turn to attack

ACtC-3c1DYSuEkQlyr2qoN9sEVSaerLbPCLH4K93

well at least he has the health to not instantly die from Fermat...

ACtC-3erzDDfZo26XYu36ZWkRRwV6aR3LmxyW1E_

I was kind hoping he would use his full move and heal the far more injured Adel, but at least he he-

ACtC-3frCfl-8LIUtolyxJWNQRwOynqmMEPr_EX0

...Oh, he has an event at the house. I am glad he was able to heal before this event triggered, but it was not the behavior I was expecting from the green units...

ACtC-3cZtzuYU2UnsbRPnBJvSJTOlDTq-Oa6_oOPACtC-3e8qKKaPO7bUcuHnGPZ4bhT6KWIF7ewQLNvACtC-3dqgk2Gyyxw5tEtTtuSBqjuhITiE31AI7oq

well 💩, now a Razite priest is about to be thrown into this mess...

ACtC-3e0VH93QEM8ay0r8q2BMEjx9liA3sIb15wXACtC-3fEUSEWHbWGWfk9-ipr0eU-Ix4kiFdwWvaBACtC-3fA6eAuUh9JEUDsAPglhpYhN2e2HGJIwhzx

I kinda like that we get to see some of the character's reaction to learning that the Razite priests are involved in the bandit attacks. I know its not very efficient story telling, but I am always of fan of when we get to see other people learn what the audience already knows, and how they learn it.

ACtC-3cK6xCAuj3umMn70Mu_rRIf3EfSYRqJ7R5hACtC-3ewH_33jRbjPFv_u7ueFOBjy1pL4A7oG8LJ

...this isn't the priest with the powerful fire orb...the poor guy can't even fight back...

ACtC-3fG-iGQxslkkYDc6FKZQYmO5ZscCBllEQGlACtC-3cW4QinyYH574LM5nGpcn6UwEt63U0w_tk4ACtC-3eGNEuZdLf2mvNlIbEvblxg2FU0Zx9I60Nh

...oof. Does he just die here if his health was too low (I guess he would have to burn through the miracle charm as well, so that is kinda unlikely...)

ACtC-3dUNi46PPFxo0rFjchV0lrhwvxEAh4TC0WQACtC-3danIA9YjanCzYHgl_LACb2K_Pfw1kZ2bVOACtC-3ctav81mlRfH6zV36AuCwmMlznzw5_2f3eE

Whelp, this Paramythis just came out of nowhere, and saved Orbel's life with that crit. The scripted battle making her deal only exact damage to a mage on a crit, isn't doing her any favors with making her look like a good unit...

ACtC-3dYr4dLLjjoN4RfttBSPd3b_elGwdTuRVbVACtC-3eGl4XqxRWNFZ_NvQ30KEUzFK7gCdXdX0NP

So this is the Apostle's defender, her Shining Knight that "Lord Chaos" promised to kill...I know this is probably just scripted battle shenanigans, but its hard not to think she will have a bad time in that fight when she is doing like 12 damage max on a normal hit to a mage...

ACtC-3eV6m0c0rc216nCtB_eiYfjMXLlGW-DTvweACtC-3d2dCnPFEItUaWyO6lUHAl-lxRzal1axzIU

Mordias's purges during the rebellion 15 years ago... give me a moment to check the first update on this LP...I had the funny feeling I would find Mordias there, and low and behold, Mordias IV was the king of Veria before Volcens. I think this is the first time there has been mention of a rebellion, and seeing as the holy Shining Knights were purged, it makes it sound like there was a religiously motivated rebellion against the old king.

ACtC-3d8VWF5GjZdM_h99APPKIlcN99xsyCNJx8xACtC-3cju_TVnMbX3nptdXCSHI6xsoL73d7-GNELACtC-3en6agAyPhwk5ykFxtJz9XNPHaOy3kgj-Ep

...Well that was a bit of a bombshell. First off what the Verian people believe was the start of the war was a lie, with the Verian King killing his own Apostle, not Raze, and seeing as this (and the purges) happened at the end of the rebellion, the rebellion probably wasn't as religious as I anticipated, and the instability in Veria is likely the cause of the war. I am not sure which was the aggressor in the beginning, but if Veria was this war might have been a way to solidify Mordias's shaky rule by uniting the Berwick League against a common enemy, and if the Raze Empire was the aggressors, they may have saw the weakness cause by the rebellion as an invitation to attack.

ACtC-3dxaevrNTaapR9FITdE2e83-Ym07SKt9LMAACtC-3e4_KpB-llkOmGUNb01D0sL92PJAwsaNuWkACtC-3dkDCZ6xkOkKbYcvaFNj0agoHApAV8vTZNN

If she was only a page when the purges struck, that first puts her in her mid to late 20s, and makes me wonder how she honed her skills in secret all of these years...

ACtC-3f-9-q3jI2gEYUXyehu_HxU6mkb13C7io8-ACtC-3dkF3Y5FVjPC5FbJA7Foa2-QBzg8XIh4nhuACtC-3cxX15YXlI3ikT_SL6e1LYrX0SA_cid7wZgACtC-3dGQ3XKIdcR6TOS50lPlliWaKUOq4nkAcoaACtC-3ewKcsPxzCXAwtOdZfVswaVHn9BeU5CDv9C

Seeing as his father felt it necessary to kill her predecessor, father, and all but on of her knights, that seems like a safe precaution, but Orbel/Lebough is kinda right, this place isn't exactly safe either.

ACtC-3ehHbw2Bja_8JEBHY_qknLoI8X1dGYgcqg1ACtC-3c0LNlOQILSav0R_ckvDO4tNq38LA9LXuDN

On the one hand, having the kings of old marry the apostles of old makes a lot of sense, as it marries the secular powers of the state, and spiritual powers of the church (and meshes well with the distinctly religious origin of the Verian people), but on the other hand probably led to some dangerous inbreeding problems, as the titles of both King and Apostle are hereditary, leading to a lot of sibling marriages, possibly even daught-father, or mother-son marriages (etc.). Unless the kingdom used to be an elective monarchy (or some other less direct form of inheritance like the old Gaelic Tanistry system...) back in the day (although that would have its own logistical problems to deal with as well, as a long reign and uncertain inheritance could lead to some issues with maintaining the hereditary line of apostles...)

ACtC-3ecN4qC-KYS7d_kQQQuzLIOAhYDdk4h0EMKACtC-3cDXJVeH8AzFA9Stqi7UGi90Taqic7bX0TP

Plus there is all of the especially gross child bride issues with this marriage, on top of the old incest issues...I am glad the archbishop is opposed to the whole child bride thing.

ACtC-3d38m1Kzv5tpSyMoBPd4zGvCv647YIBrGR7ACtC-3fYVPWdAAcZExPMOQ8pwxqt0B-tSNlCKHsxACtC-3cPp27pXoxcyOZBFq_igJjaOZyd8XwcdxUUACtC-3fQhmFAsUIY8guWbcoVX7O4mPP-QmmdpCE7

And I am guessing this mean I don't get her, even as a green unit here...

ACtC-3eAdNZ1t744xqnD908a-22eYbG2GqKBFyvz

Alright, lets try this experiment again

ACtC-3cc1kH2wp-Ph_md4ny9BtHnGyCGtyZYVGIz

but hit this time, and Canto behind Leon (and out of the mage's range).

ACtC-3fB1EBq7kHj12tG51RQYVbJ22poOHCEctC2

Looks like he prioritizes healing, which should give me some extra options for dealing with him.

ACtC-3fdo7PF2Asp5-CPR-svF6iMkz3VNAG_4tI_ACtC-3dvkGnr9z0eZV33L45S7MqoscvrdJ4A7VbA

With that kinda evasion (and survivability) on Sherlock, keeping him here to distract these guys might help, as we are being overwhelmed in this central area.

ACtC-3c-uY__rdd4mgIeRw6vDkMojkGi1EEOICBx

...This might be a mistake, as she can reach that cave to search it now, but she did alright against this guy, and I need to deal with him somehow...

ACtC-3fxYHZGpKGB9C130MJJUn7wkV59h5xEz2Xq

I mean another round of attacks like the last two, and he is going down.

ACtC-3eAZc-sIp5MjN5J9o67UW8vcIyAquW_gYEH

Maybe I should have had him chug a vulnerary instead of attacking, as this wasn't as safe a space as I was thinking...

ACtC-3cSCZxHepfg2WmTidUBs4R7Q64XGPdK9E4K

thank goodness for vantage.

ACtC-3e8VuGt6WeM0Sv_ISSwfbgh2XArm-kH5WzH

Alright, from here she should be able to aim either of those swimmers next turn

ACtC-3cdjCD5Yz-7CL-6juaw-prGgv8ZPJvfydcs

and she even manages to get the chip despite that accuracy.

ACtC-3cPNtq7r4abIY_SOQUF7mto8Kpw-b9590IoACtC-3crnNce1aczGSkYTbGsQkrwniBL1k3mT0R-

Yeah, I think this confirms attacking with Czene as a good move, as I really can't afford to send anyone else after this guy, and he can just keep attacking Grimm from above the cliff otherwise...

ACtC-3cCyj5mhAa78dmHdxt6Dwi_61seoOoq7NRfACtC-3dadHdDS9lwyuLX79VhYRzzUwRFs9qCvAJV

Yeah that wasn't very likely, but she had a chance of killing, without any risks attached...

ACtC-3fgXGMLzR-5A6DifWwp98SVqSDbnjXMCA_i

This is going so badly...

ACtC-3cVV_YPzuXjU1LcejevwK4BDUC3ee8rc0MK

even with the vantage proc, there are still so many of these beasts alive, and they hit so hard, and take so much punishment to kill...

and then Grimm reaches the church tile...

ACtC-3c34TXMuT2voxcEto6zznJz06uas_IQ91KLACtC-3cTPt1MnUZC5bAQcidukGkjA3-r0XWwZ4Sk

...How strange. From what I have seen so far, the Raze church has a pope, and the Verian church doesn't. Why would this unrevealed speaker need to reach Navaron to help fix a schism in the Razite church? What even is this schism about?

ACtC-3cjRq393GueX3z7qU4XI6UgkvrHvZyLoN00

...well that is ominous, sounds like the Berwick League has imprisoned some key members of the Razite Church vital to this schism. I get the funny feeling they wont be negotiating with mister no face here, leading to an attempted jailbreak...I wonder which side of that we will be on if it happens.

ACtC-3dFBQQn84WGlJUtSs86oS21l-MYQ61sdlazACtC-3domxigzRpmzm1pdTiMp6kqTHGN5ZRMzGho

Now that is interesting. Why would members of the Verian Church help this member of the Raze Church? Again calling the Apostle the Witch of Veria confirms them as Razites as well...

ACtC-3fecVPCESqtk8pfKMDXjYtjFhU3WQ24KiZgACtC-3cOnVosiTPEqTA9ODTzl2Psa06C_gS1DljB

I don't see any other doors in this place, so where could they be hiding? Also it seems a little odd to me that there isn't a priest here, or that Grimm isn't looking for a clergy house nearby after finding it empty...

ACtC-3dfVctrNaHEF1JIYJ8r_M6gh_VgmrHGxD3t

...Well speak of the devil I guess. He might be the unfaced talker, but he is acting like he knows Grimm...

ACtC-3cecSw0BPDPgQeH562RC8f8--uMvRTBttc1ACtC-3ehbp0mEpZTu6-9iiVHFMdA1lE6nUEtKh2GACtC-3dmEmvKnXG9tsJtOojt438jMBEFg4HumKH4ACtC-3f3QDxcaKXt7qSu8hF3RFcFufo8WeLxrRceACtC-3cGgDRlL_c7cx6-cjmbnJ5bPPfggtv94w5Y

This whole conversation feels just...off thanks to Grimm's forgetfulness. I guess the way this narrative thread was done makes me think he might be the faceless talker, which is adding to that feeling.

ACtC-3ch9zJFTdAZ9v8lM0ZuvR3T_s6nzcKEFSTXACtC-3c5Vmss3UcP9-OzMRudSoiJyG-m4yxELxcF

Seeing as there were purges that attacked key members of the church prior to the war's start, I can see why offering help would be frowned upon by the church...

ACtC-3dUgwQ9EqMIhsAFcOS9ODhyzy5gOr7DWQGeACtC-3ehkswzI5Njo6501h3TQMtELXeci9ikAJx4

...but its hard to argue with the nobility of that goal.

ACtC-3e8PxgC2yyY1rm4K4sD2xU-za3LjyrXr4JYACtC-3f8tnYX0fTZw1YY6YqWQ-NqfXIecBI-5EEO

...because no one in Navaron will remember about Grimm's "former disciple" either will they...

ACtC-3e0l9ydT_cqVWqoatcMLefYFloZUrN1CCZZ

Well this is an interesting little quirk I stumbled upon while trying to maximize chip damage, but its not the biggest deal

ACtC-3fVimITf8Tu5iXVFYSlN6ap3MzJt2IarQSq

as he wouldn't deal enough extra damage to make a huge diff-

ACtC-3flKTGbYTL8AY99NdyKmRtW6-4E2JyKo-8CACtC-3cRVFUdlWzGfedbltb66VbiexzwXZnIerqWACtC-3ebYz2BxRErDfhTrEVx-eNsyRUwEAss9SLu

...sigh of course she couldn't get the hit with extra move damage, and makes it so the extra arrow damage actually does matter...

...and on the southern front, I have to do something I have put off for as long as I possibly can

ACtC-3cquO52KeMSwVGDucjEzwjyRJ9tcJaaZDx5

I need to test if "Lord Chaos" moves. He has Celerity, which hints at him being mobile, but he will probably return in a later map, so its not certain

ACtC-3dU3ofA4Rb2IZzxY9UGEJEGtuO0aH1S6753

...if anyone can pretend to take a hit from him its Ward, and with terrain and a support from Reese I think I have made this as safe as possible even if he does move, and Faye should just barely reach him if he does...

back in the center

ACtC-3dwTpym8tsuKKr9HC0B5S3bJAHU7IvUsVHq

I have to take a mild risk here, as we are being overwhelmed.

ACtC-3eDCWr7jgEGNjRY9Q47Tw9sOBN2RJXlSRAk

and it turned out ok for once.

ACtC-3dTkyuQckKsE0UmwOn6oMDa30Ois5qMwsF3

turn 10 already...

ACtC-3d3Zy3WR9DqDGPh1OJARSRtkyjtOBObO7ZY

This has to be the first move, otherwise this guy could reach the priest and ki-, well I guess just break his miracle charm, but I still want him gone now.

ACtC-3dmvruidr0cnzkyj4Z_MBBI7OhUpLF7Rlef

He can take this one just fine through thanks to knife wielders being terrible.

ACtC-3d6CcJbVxfxjumdL6dWsQ5YB4yzuPjB2ZD9

That helps some, but we aren't out of the woods yet, as another of those swimmers spawned on the fort...

ACtC-3ez-RbxHoQdE1jBBwmbef1mQHlQXFyvlr2o

Might as well try and protect the other priest as well

ACtC-3fVr1zxkNntyQzgdvZTQC8F560dKxDJ5gaY

So close....

ACtC-3eFZ4K9ayKk6bIPyhsRYWcL4MMD0i4XdL2CACtC-3eNrAIuTx2TMB91KgEn6eVii6_kRPAPeteR

Vantage again... that skill has saved me from catastrophe in the central front

ACtC-3c533-orZBxFYCMw4Cv-9JVFdX_AEa_vJbc

but its not without loss. Fortunately I bought a replacement for him before this map.

ACtC-3f49UwozS17rgTVG0Uujx54mlkgeN1oPq5UACtC-3fNWZQrFDJWHorq1iC6rm5HLaNze0j0d4c6

Things are going well enough that I can feed this kill to Ad-

ACtC-3fuBxCgIBN8wH1BZF4elGtA5Vh5y-oEWeoc

Eh, that is not a big deal, as there is no way Czene can't finish this guy next turn. Now where was I...Oh yeah

ACtC-3eVDJXDDmTZ5Dtmc86chn1wSHf5pT2E0wGVACtC-3dT_x8eogRTQtdNtMNN8wr1BI3nzsp9vMs6

Feeding this kill to Adel

ACtC-3e_648cNbNjjc5AKhnfWfw0-Wkx-Sw5krGNACtC-3czFEXOKLC5QgCsO59JtDLwUghkISJJdeUX

...Ouch...

speaking of ouch, I want to check something

ACtC-3c6PtXbyw2igpd11BEwgi8KvsiDirpeQKKX

...I am glad he didn't move, as an unlucky crit with no shield block could have killed Ward, but there is nothing I can do to this guy if Faye can't send him away...

ACtC-3eNs6vlDhFUE--UQUNCXjTdVlPz8GIHL8G2

I guess I will have to deal with this guy too next turn, so I might as well start chipping...

ACtC-3d4iY8DWESKcoHeQDYddOHdTj8Wzy2HW08J

...I guess I better move Faye in. She will reach "Lord Chaos" next tu-

ACtC-3f0x_ZanCI-BWFZr0tSBHMXJcfMeae-a8eU

Well that was rather lucky. If she hadn't just stumbled into this guy it could have taken a WHILE to find, as Czene is basically on the other side of the map, and there just aren't many of my units around here to just to stumble into them like Faye just did...

ACtC-3dDpFRrHr6KksQWU2qOpQiFVH7JSOoxd3HsACtC-3d6_gHMjdSCCKsWReKMwsPzB1CqtFbCQ7taACtC-3dltzR8UQL1KlS24bPG1m0okavdLLLG_wJM

Nothing spectacular, but that is a new (and strangely specific) skill, and bow on him. Also he is old, Rodin saved Teresa confirmed in my book.

ACtC-3e9q4NNNOxNF4RdgfNQk3d8CeVVGZHObOtF

Might as well, while I'm here...

ACtC-3eG7Lc7SMBHi3NLRpKjtTeKnGnDijD8M0S3ACtC-3egxjO_J5UWjwrPIhrXObBb8jLtSs76opp5

...extraordinarily lucky maybe...

ACtC-3fu5zo1aV63QdwfvTsd4tjYM29vUUfmtcheACtC-3erOH1YzAibOL94hl4ANDRT93qvUcntJcjZACtC-3eYTkAyqdzPWi21lKdknxuZ81bQyQguaarDACtC-3chJ0lxX6ysb--T3Ng6_XGPcpgc9k3f11KyACtC-3dPS-ZEr2K0kBAiw-MrKLzZpaLNj9k-Xlc9ACtC-3cBW9AMpD4Pd40Npm9l_ys5QcNdZ4iTEqzn

That was a bit abrupt... I am kinda amused how he just keeps interrupting Ward like that.

ACtC-3cX_AU5uv4Rue23yGe1YtNDy43MtUjTxvCAACtC-3e21gQxRAM17uBzwz4m1VsxVECPvedynWYmACtC-3cqZwXHpMsaysJ3sxBqO65BLp-ndx4VjgclACtC-3d4C-kYrgt4DGRkdawuE7Wx3h3vMF0cmG6Z

Good timing indeed, if it still has the arrow, and has only just barely been skinned...

ACtC-3f5g-VpSuZg_U4xLW_We9zdBLAPUqnB0N0b

Well that is another side objective completed.

ACtC-3dy85sE-w1rA5eTqok5S40VFOiRy_4c59DQACtC-3eGjlEXkxh62cXtYcTM-nYxa-SM3ievxdEe

Well that was a bit unfortunate, but at least she can still canto, as

ACtC-3etwt0TLv6LNoZQNsQ2eQ4VN8dvLYPmqsYD

I am starting to worry that Grimm is going to just waltz into the enemies that have congregated around the seize point, and I am thinking she will need to get ahead of him...

ACtC-3cswc5DDNYZAT4wEmmJ4TKmzq7CiIzCOiNBACtC-3emQnEfnBWOwsPnK91ZsAD8rV48gX-G5j_k

Well that was lucky to balance things out, but like Ruby, I am sender her over to save Grimm when he walks face first into danger...

speaking of walking face first into danger, its the start of turn 11, and

ACtC-3cMw7xFWlx_Oh2KvVOpEEKYJgSs1Lw24k4B

seeing the talk option is one of the most promising signs I have seen, but I think we have to see what happens...

next time...

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

especially with luck like this. I really managed to give it to the ONLY person who dislikes it...

You've given her the Sautéed Pork, not the Roast Beef. Roast Beef would not have given her a speed penalty. In fact, she would have still gotten a strength boost out of it.

Spoiler
45 minutes  ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3dPOlJccqOu73gvssEZwHTx85zgs6UL0kWw

It took a bit of creative movement to get the bonus damage for this kill

That's the fun of spears, right there: The funky movement patterns you'll try to muster to get the most damage out of them.

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3d3W6sqmPErvmGvlPiQvyz9Wq62GEUKPjgS

...but she only hits with the retry, which doesn't get charge damage...

...And that, right there, is a very Berwick moment.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I swear she has the worst hit luck of my troops despite the odds...

Funnily enough, Faye is an Ironman player's best friend due to one of her gimmicks.

Not in this map, though. In fact, Faye dying here would kinda be a disaster... Chaos would leave, I'm pretty sure, but that would lock you out of her arc entirely.

52 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3efgavVRdFDIkLIoui7MQhluApeaxqs7FCgACtC-3d-HwE3aq4dXXiEWbyJWD3O7VKMOcIIKNq9

Oh right, searches can trigger multi-round combats...fortunately Axel is great at combat.

Search fights are weird. Your unit cannot die (they're left at 1 HP if they lose), and if you fail to kill the enemy you still get the reward, you just have to avoid losing it outright. Still, the fact that Axel can win these scuffles rather easily makes him the best unit to try these. Less reliance on the RNG, plus you never know when you might actually need to kill the enemy rather than just survive.

53 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3dLQ74tuUqVebtf1wLtoCaoJY9aBhxFaiFZ

Alright, this kinda annoys me, the game acts like dark mend is a combat spell with regard to the enemies attack range. Axel is one space out of this guys actual attack range despite what the UI is telling me...

Yes, I agree that this is rather annoying. Nothing to do but check the offensive orb's range and count. Oh well, perfection doesn't exist, no?

54 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Although continuing my pattern of Ruby favoritism, I have her capt-

ACtC-3cBXI7Hry0ELL5V62LDh3jf78sSSHwMuY_j

...I probably should have payed more attention to her inventory....

Hahahah... It happens.

For the future, however, let me say one thing that you might miss if you don't pay attention (read, if you're like me): If your unit can't take a droppable item but is standing next to another unit with space in their inventory, you can actually swap to their inventory and put the droppable item there. Really handy feature that I only found out about in like, my fifth run.

57 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

When it rains, it really pours,

No kidding... What an unfortunate streak that was.

57 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

of course there are more of those swimmers coming from the fort...on a new...turn...

...what am I doing, its a new turn, I can fix this,

ACtC-3fQ4iORiq7rFK5hoSLypLuuNbC2QaIXPbjl

Izerna can take the first move, heal, and get out of range all at the same time

That moment when the FE mindset takes over. Never forget, this is Berwick Saga. The turn system can be used to one's advantage in situations like this.

58 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

well 💩

Excuse me, I think I'll be stealing this.

59 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3eGNEuZdLf2mvNlIbEvblxg2FU0Zx9I60Nh

...oof. Does he just die here if his health was too low (I guess he would have to burn through the miracle charm as well, so that is kinda unlikely...)

I'm actually not sure. But my Kaga senses tell me he most likely can.

The scripted battle making her deal only exact damage to a mage on a crit, isn't doing her any favors with making her look like a good unit...

I know this is probably just scripted battle shenanigans, but its hard not to think she will have a bad time in that fight when she is doing like 12 damage max on a normal hit to a mage...

You poor fool.

...Well that was a bit of a bombshell.

Yeah, this is why I asked if you had finished the map in my last post. Didn't want to ruin the surprise. Back in the first update of this map, you said that it was weird that they'd mention "the king's purges" when Raze is an Empire. Of course, that is true... But then, there is a kingdom in Lazberia, isn't there?

And I am guessing this mean I don't get her, even as a green unit here...

Not for a long, long time.

ACtC-3dfVctrNaHEF1JIYJ8r_M6gh_VgmrHGxD3t

...Well speak of the devil I guess.

Mighty handsome devil...

ACtC-3f8tnYX0fTZw1YY6YqWQ-NqfXIecBI-5EEO

...because no one in Navaron will remember about Grimm's "former disciple" either will they...

Hey, give the old man a break. It's probably hard to tell your former disciples apart from strangers when your eyebrows are covering your eyes.

And with that, you've secured one of my top 3 favorite characters in Berwick Saga! Owen stands at the top with Sylvis and Axel. Not that this means much, but yeah. Just a fun fact.

ACtC-3dltzR8UQL1KlS24bPG1m0okavdLLLG_wJM

Nothing spectacular, but that is a new (and strangely specific) skill, and bow on him. Also he is old, Rodin saved Teresa confirmed in my book.

The skill isn't really "strangely specific" when you think about it. The guy's a hunter. Of course he has Huntsman.

Also, it's never confirmed directly, but yeah, it's pretty obvious that Rodin was the one who saved Teresa. Guy's an absolute badass, like that.

ACtC-3cMw7xFWlx_Oh2KvVOpEEKYJgSs1Lw24k4B

seeing the talk option is one of the most promising signs I have seen, but I think we have to see what happens...

Hoo, boy.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

You've given her the Sautéed Pork, not the Roast Beef. Roast Beef would not have given her a speed penalty. In fact, she would have still gotten a strength boost out of it.

Ah, sorry, the way you worded that made me think you were referencing what you were quoting with that example...

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For the future, however, let me say one thing that you might miss if you don't pay attention (read, if you're like me): If your unit can't take a droppable item but is standing next to another unit with space in their inventory, you can actually swap to their inventory and put the droppable item there. Really handy feature that I only found out about in like, my fifth run.

Interesting...I doubt I would have figured that out on my own.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm actually not sure. But my Kaga senses tell me he most likely can.

I wonder how that would change the event...hmm....perhaps I will experiment on a future run...

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, that is true... But then, there is a kingdom in Lazberia, isn't there?

Multiple actually, as Aethin talked about in one of his early comments

• the Kingdom of Veria proper (lands held directly by the king)
  • 7 duchies (loyal to the king of Veria)
    • the Duchy of Narvia
    • the Duchy of Bornia
    • the Duchy of Serenia
    • the Duchy of Yutoria
    • the Duchy of the Highlands
    • the Duchy of the Lowlands
    • the Duchy of Diana
  • 5 marches of the Barmoar region (loyal to the king of Veria)
    • the March of Sinon
    • the March of Mineva
    • the March of Morrabia
    • 2 other unnamed marches
  • the Autonomous See of Danae (lands held by the Church, nominally loyal to the king of Veria)
  • 7 Northern Lands (independent from Veria and each other)
    • the Kingdom of Riana
    • 6 other unnamed lands
  • 3 Eastern Lands (independent from Veria and each other)
    • the Kingdom of Ishs
    • the Kingdom of Pesil
    • the Kingdom of Leia

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The skill isn't really "strangely specific" when you think about it. The guy's a hunter. Of course he has Huntsman.

I meant what it does is strangely specific, ignoring the avoid of one specific terrain type, that isn't even the one with the highest avoid, with some specific weapon types...

I meant what it does is strangely specific, ignoring the avoid of one specific terrain type, that isn't even the one with the highest avoid, with some specific weapon types...

Forest is actually just about the tile with the highest avoid. Exceptions include water, which few can take advantage of. The other exceptions are extremely rare.

It's not the best skill out there, but I think it's better then it may look at first glance. Not just because of how common forests are but also since archers usually fight at 2 range, which means terrain avoid is doubled. But of course nothing is gonna get doubled after it's set to 0.

Spoiler

When last we left off, Faye was about to talk to

ACtC-3dXJBEHnJrD9zqVZUrtl_9qsPFRlxdqbSv3

in the vain hope that he will just...go away afterwards...

ACtC-3f-58lU0wSog9mdZG8Qd0fnDRujFIgrorLE

and seeing the the battle screen appear filled me with an ominous dread...

ACtC-3fwYkxSiyFS6LjN9xYoyJ9XrrnuGXx0b0b4ACtC-3dJzXprRlyPmdE6zxmXQjhEzvWXCLm2cZjRACtC-3dQnzW_z0gmhPx1cMnW3KpF_VIRe4cGyPwQ

Poor Faye, blinded by that foul madness known as vengeance. Also its interesting that she described him as a traitor...it hints at "Lord Chaos" being close to Faye or Cowen, or perhaps a member of their community...

ACtC-3f11f8MYsg6HjF5StInYbbiAtjvCVtHBxU_ACtC-3fHGEhWuSbblAaxNsl-gDh0GMLpn7QEqHIT

Oh boy...this is not going to be pretty, he has endgame stats and a magic sword...Faye is extra dead...

ACtC-3c8yU41bX0_B6uw5whSEtcSoFBjJQCDy3t5

I miss a bit of the text here, but she is just lamenting how pointless talking was...

ACtC-3fT1WXZdByduZ3Fw3a3Sme2z275HQ42VMuJ

Well at least she deals damage...that PROBABLY means this is a scripted battle, which is a good sign...

ACtC-3cZVF-P6_l1OVuhQ9mINdtq16CksU5I6m4K

She even got five free hits, but that is all she has got...

ACtC-3fhDutrcWCBbJfxoCFVoPWlPJ1e415sZidEACtC-3drJdWPKmP5WXy_SlQgSQHuGqlZvnkIMB4LACtC-3dQp2tCIt7ge9RnAjd2AQtLgrgiXelOgJfu

Oh poor Faye. She didn't even know how massively out of her league this combat monster is...

ACtC-3dc7-VYMV-bx470OgkxagA66k46J3-QNouyACtC-3dROu7ScPFIcT4h7mkTVrqyvHi94hHlSGiX

...survives with 1 HP...thank goodness for scripted battles, she would be minced meat otherwise...

ACtC-3erJfeI9FWNu2CyVL8nkodamd6qg-nqH5wP

Oh thank goodness, he leaves...

ACtC-3eWZZ_f-VVcKU4BXM0ScwWpT0WtV4LlGpLm

Yeah all this "Do I Know You?" talk is VERY suspicious... this Faramir has got to be involved in this whole stolen magical sword subplot...

ACtC-3e4zXSCNhSkkSIpoDGpE0KwLL5s3K5WoSkXACtC-3e5zxT0o4iTaHBLo3T0Sw_FXEgaQRf3BbcMACtC-3c1cKvjW4h43BMdjJnErReZza1AH7QA5fnB

Good, looks like "Lord Chaos" has been betrayed, as he betrayed Faye's father. Looks like we are in the clear and even get Faye back

ACtC-3f4RkdW4lOzeg8XhvmQgA7_QsN-OtsIRTc-

...once the priest reaches this house. Funnily enough the priest is close enough that she doesn't even lose a turn...

ACtC-3cabgy77pbRe-zDVxzXMyjWEB_K-UeoGNdZACtC-3cnbBWzU43JPrW5qE7P7Geg9Z6u12hf6SQA

Yeah, there was no way Ruby and Christine would arrive in time to stop that, but it should take this fool long enough to wear down Grimm that they should be able to save him.

ACtC-3c2SEiM1_6vl20H0PBjy0xZs1OqAmYAIWGl

And with him cleared out things are finally looking better in the center.

ACtC-3cjKpwJ5xjnDaQUjEvEtMw51EBbyobYrAONACtC-3cBl8ylifMl2Ks7FynLZ--Niagk73V1FFmR

speaking of clearing things out...plus this will give her extra options to hide...

ACtC-3ehZMXtIrNPWoPu1w9XP3sa-uE9Q98gRQpo

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that attack value, but the priest has the magic to actually take a few hits like that (unlike his defense...)

ACtC-3dO4sRB92YC92Sp9Y14WvZLgW8vZmlFDO4t

He even avoided it...

ACtC-3egtVSXSI095B3NPmscdKMqGUBf8rdntOoW

...he just walk right up to him

...and is blocking the space Ruby needs to help him

by saint Valemtine's taint these green units are incredible dumb...

ACtC-3eLbU3S5ijOfv0G2dHuE1n59J_hmXqyEm3w

...you know it completely slipped my mind that killing that unit with Czene wouldn't cause her to hide, as she did attack that turn (whereas if anyone else got the kill she would have...)

ACtC-3fZfs519lGJXMEptJrv4HRHtddHK6mxskIg

At least it still missed.

ACtC-3dAyC9WtpGf5hByBGxMR8khKZzUPq86w-0s

...I mean Fermat HAS already moved, but I just don't feel comfortable at these odds...

ACtC-3fYs3byo8KmuS8Iw6hD6VJiqYwremK75aNJ

That is a bit of a damage drop, but the odds are slightly better for Sherlock's survival...it drops that hit chance to less than 20% with Berwick mechanics...alright I will go for it, worst comes to worst I have him flee with next turn's top slot.

ACtC-3c-tk8aoYaVz5GQ2scmrJzYfsxkpAZQS-xi

Good. I could have gotten away with the better damage, but not being hit is good enough.

ACtC-3e8E-LxPFpVYE50mVsvxlYx4sjHqID4d4ag

Alright time to search the next poi-

ACtC-3eDggltCXerCQzzVhu1hA_db-BWIjBkdppC

...I was kinda expecting a battle like the last one, but I guess he just got an item and exp (I was kinda expecting the battle, hence missing the shot of the item drop...)

And like that we reach turn 12

ACtC-3drPxuKqIA3nzqtGAj4cKuRU11eXMY0B1iV

With a chance to wipe out Fermat...

ACtC-3d3a6ihqdvhynQUwxoBHs4UyMVJUrj0LIhY

...eh, it will probably waste its turn heali-

ACtC-3f8rJ4YoVO7xqh_P8eO23V0oERNSa55tWtT

...or another enemy can attack the NPC

ACtC-3fZPJYI6V9zCFYoQz45ZUBbWJ_5SQDwwIQ6

and cantoed super far away...I didn't feel comfortable risking Sherlock attacking Fermat, when Fermat still has a move (and could kill Sherlock by hitting twice), but if I move Sherlock, and the enemies waste their actions on someone else again I could try killing with Adel...

ACtC-3fxRIyNXNqXP3zXop-chlcahwHngWCa_kJ6ACtC-3c5pvnpubn8wK8Q6XPklN-vwXMMGLErsVAj

Eh, the bow loss is fine, as he has a worn down longbow, and even a pristine bronze bow in the bag, just in case...

ACtC-3c4GQb7-mZJ2MCslkhU15ddYr2X4F6HJNJH

...so close...

ACtC-3dKzbYYXq9JMtcNB-12ypQfewdI2M60jlGi

meh, he missed anyway.

ACtC-3e7Sw-ql1esD2xyE9kWo3kER7Aauyh7nQnoACtC-3d_K1brCzV6muehLJmMesHpP5euLbIf1Eh1

Such a suicidal fool...

ACtC-3cps-QknARB2OhJnRYh5kxwGc5xegq-XKUO

Not that surprising at this point, but I should be able to get Ward close enough to smash his face in next turn, so him healing is no big deal.

ACtC-3csR9FM2G40d1dAn7whzX39Mr1dTEAFed6R

Whelp, I guess I wasted that action trying for the hide with Czene...

ACtC-3dMVfgEGetk935WFq_DBL9OkKVR0xlpmkA_

but at least the archers are still embarrassingly bad.

ACtC-3d0-y_3M9-NMaAv51HRyUOyrzk-lfQXIevwACtC-3dqX6aE_XI4YvAdrrz7FqodYavEc0thOGHH

...these enemies aren't tough, but with those cliffs my mounts can't reach them. With reinforcements coming in, and only Czene up there able to fight...I think I need to get Sylvis over here ASAP...

ACtC-3cQy5eQVquZXVWDguTxdibuhkViGTdS2cSp

And now the priest reaches the injured Faye...actually why is it dark now?

ACtC-3df2Os9RTaZHPpbBg49QEiTcNj8ucGjp2NGACtC-3dVou6MPJ2zpG95bcb3iSCkxGCcGZJGp6W1

Looks like Faye will be just fine.

ACtC-3fOIOVSVqUiW6Mv8dF4W6lLJ8Pga6HPw-CI

Interesting... so Faye is from the Orient. Also why wouldn't Sakhalin not recognize one of his defenders? Is he as senile as Grimm...

ACtC-3eLjnRx1VSaQvfICROzih8AEGNwbC35_I5LACtC-3cQHjWXFvNguEdvjqo4BJGMMcthXtKHbjlJ

I guess we haven't seen enough about this game's orient to know what kinda religion they may worship in the orient.

ACtC-3encC9PBUOVJQFz5hN_9FXExqaF6zJUQbkHACtC-3cDnw0n4drpW5dH6bkOrx-rfd_jeMZtM_7_

Temple in Izmil... calling it a temple gives it some religious overtones...

ACtC-3fKDFVvLn8PP06XYlS_dLJ5-v1UGQHmRl8JACtC-3crKs8MLj5BH8up15jx4XiNUd9yhI_Nh4fH

Hmm...no mention of a betrayal, and if he was unparalleled in swordsmanship throughout Izmil, that hints that "Lord Chaos" wasn't a native, but perhaps he was there as a guest, and betrayed that trust. Or Faye doesn't feel comfortable sharing the true nature of "Lord Chaos" with the priest.

ACtC-3d857ZIGLAXFapugGiENG3davLpx_oJ6GCmACtC-3e0CKac8H1_lhhvL0aZpsiD99jQXRofRzWjACtC-3eREY-P8IDR3SXmEJ3t1HaB2uS0X23rYtko

This is now giving me some Mulan vibes...

ACtC-3dss3jkoFNpAiOpVXy6LtMnGEZ3sEeB4fmgACtC-3eqfjnGxpoCmxSJL7J20J8Ocrw74fBsZ7NHACtC-3dP7uuOM4tLepaqH3Zz2-9gst_i0ooz19AWACtC-3dzItD6ckearGgcWNwZ_exx8cLW0ZNhNwnn

But "Lord Chaos" only had one blade, the Vajra...what did he do with the other?

Also Divine Twins wielded by one of the Sons of God...that is some extremely religious wording without the context to really understand what she means...

ACtC-3eEoPN4cx8Y0E0pP9fUPsoQugx7A16Qn2udACtC-3cnu4hS-0WBT29pQtLy1TB38--cFY0He8J_

...don't know their actual history aside from that...What? They protected the Divine Twins wielded by one of the Sons of God, and have no stories about what this Son of God did with them?

...that makes no sense...

ACtC-3f7dSiJsWYLMNhwI_adl9zYRzwmP_OBsEoxACtC-3fKRKudXcUTwnFt53TUwi5DXx04qbA6TONcACtC-3emJznM6s2FZvcl7XNgoJbZ1uuUGcgjR2oKACtC-3fJRy0W6KiRdkuSm-zn29yp-RBhwYY9o8DJ

Interesting how that was phrased, in a distinctly secular way to emphasize that Faye's description is not part of Veria's religion. Also describing a time as the era of the ancients...if this is the same world as Tear Ring Saga, it makes me think of the Emiyu...

ACtC-3eizyyFbM-cCw8sSf3TG1e2q_6fqMSWZrkkACtC-3etUt2eZ8_6mu13JkmfSylaBxO5GeEmBAJv

Not to dump on your skills too much Faye, but "Lord Chaos"'s stats were endgame ready, and you weren't up to that kinda challenge, even without some magic from the sword...

ACtC-3e_zeZEcmUaVQoZtCp_3-FGNWCRu4txXprqACtC-3f4L7cuKchOUZCcbyxLZgOx3TTU8_pofE50ACtC-3eL82Eg2n6IgRS_0rF6rUMcyxOHs7flvE3x

But how are we going to find Vritra...it sounds like it was stolen at the same time, which hints that "Lord Chaos" was involved in that as well...

...hmmm...OK I had a weird thought, but wasn't Erzheimer literally just talking about having a magic sword from the orient (OK it wasn't explicitly described as magic, but a sword that makes even him feel like a warrior...). I know I joked about it, but I wonder if they were setting up a surprise miracle reveal about the collector having Vritra all this time, with us needing to beg him for its use.

ACtC-3dFzm2dgT7d5H2SzLrJIh0Iu0T3_y_Bz_qbACtC-3cc2KS1NbOkRQh8eBLcLRDOGLalh6zvpBwl

Sweet, that is such a useful boon on her.

ACtC-3f9S6ojtcixZrW-NCI3jIp7eNHI8L9_hloyACtC-3ejU210ftD_0hbBeG6ohGsCJAUDNKEVP0rA

Izerna's ability to heal people is down right embarrassing...

ACtC-3ehlHy76ujf_5c0j4sPLg41vmYJSwe4gWrK

...she really is the worst...Is there really a hidden luck stat, or is the game just screwing with me?

ACtC-3e6PWo1z3pedc1FeJYd9VzYyttnAlPxd47cACtC-3eF8o4oPUWsznfTG01-nEzzWKflX8YtQfHo

It was worth the shot, as I need to start doing something to these guys...

ACtC-3e1mnhBBKCvADG-4v2NQ9uzcedTVCUvAuYOACtC-3e-simVj-UaI8ZjrJNfKidK1ybM6FFjzaT9

It seems really strange that they went after Ruby, when that defenseless priest was right next to him, but I will take it. Then after a little positioning, we are on turn 13, which means

ACtC-3dKRqqSEqKBbgM1UY0vg9VcmsHZIT_UWLqEACtC-3cADZrXOJkGBzte62GzGwEKFiKvRNs5RiMR

Its time to overwhelm Fermat.

ACtC-3fAuN9rL104NKBGKHM6S5fAQ9wLTBsOrfVU

What units the enemy wastes its turns on are kinda baffling at times...

ACtC-3fsP4HCdV7AJ101d0x1P4nUfAd_DkHMaoxu

Well that was nice I guess...

ACtC-3dwuFEVfQdgvcJwmF7QFj_5nt4J4Nx5A3o1ACtC-3dv7AMkJWopmLsi7sS65kUvks_9Nica9PFQ

Beautiful, with that Fermat is dead, and Reese gets a lot of needed exp

ACtC-3c9zNny1B1gf-YJi9M5DYwbq2bH-vcUhU_K

and even gets some free sword skill as well.

ACtC-3cW0ReumP3Y60pgu5OEoCFpq3rp7cjOPvhsACtC-3fS9lR2S3XDvNg5ed-sirR3aMsfXtmPWQW7

I need to start cleaning up this back part of this map, as the NPCs are closing in...

ACtC-3dhEiF42Sd9qZVFwn2-dJRa-EKy0k7FlrcxACtC-3e_yVIqevI-_hvhoafyO7c6MzmiwAzwX8Ei

This thief really hates Ruby doesn't he? Actually its probably trying to trigger the mug skill, but it just isn't happening for it...

ACtC-3f0-VU1VUsSXUTSlO7g8dLdMf-mJS8KApYlACtC-3fCUsCGpy9pJUXWt7U6AXPe-Ecxftt2xbEF

I really need to get someone over there to help Czene. I guess she keeps dodging, but she can't really deal well with these enemies, and with an axe wielder being one of the reinforcements, a streak of bad luck could really end her...

ACtC-3fL3ZkPXK7K9z_Gpy2gYQEV6e78yz3gEESY

And Grimm heals off all the poison damage, just as I planned.

ACtC-3fuLgo3N0QJWn32HErPKoR5AuJyY1wR3dMJACtC-3ct1CmMhdTCDdqQJGD1ac4bbVQdx83fAETz

That takes care of one of the enemies in our way.

ACtC-3er4uXaPk3Ea9NQ7ksZCei9xs8ECSP-3t3cACtC-3ejRiS6Ly9o3Xx2tIs4udyXRL_Jpo4kdcsu

And there goes another

ACtC-3e7Wqa7jRLcjfH74IqL9Fn4_hYaT7RBLhfm

...Whoa, that was like a Ruby levelup...good job Sherlock...

ACtC-3fJik17FIWYQogediwT6adNPNFMpsw0m0kP

Ugh... I guess I better waste an action having her sit there to activate hide...and bring some help in...

ACtC-3cOZcRX3o9v2PE5K1kJYtP-2NFZvEiXVL9YACtC-3dJYGg7HTyqOEqrvyBrvNmLOuNJtZrQbW3vACtC-3cKtIfwru_RZDlN2M2omgcwaPCy7wKGSjdE

...well at least she increased one of her embarrassingly bad skills... but that is the only enemy I can reach until the start of turn 14

ACtC-3fasaKfIv7LuxmXMuRDIyfxkQnCUq7K5Jg7ACtC-3eCgVnrtC1C4sfmLx-V4eouzHShv5mld2Zz

And some interesting loot that just walked onto the map...

ACtC-3d3Dmw1forutUFdjSL8V5pxi0kay67j37thACtC-3f_kSbEC4QhUq8eLzRjCqxjvLgI3BdCRSVf

I still have a few enemies left before the priests have a safe path to the seize point, and I might as well start with Ward Jagening this fool.

ACtC-3f6Tq0Pn9bD0xbK__mUpmtSv9N6B8xDfPavACtC-3cnaxLdi6uty1mV_na2X38xSYla6_4uRwkf

Speaking of fools, with one of them below the cliffs they are vulnerable to my cavs again...

ACtC-3ezmSc8x9cp-67p8u6ZIRvPVKecsIkqqFNNACtC-3e3M-UWzfsgby1LtUfuZhwg6dHSzu3eMUD0

and in range of the advancing Syl-

ACtC-3cVmndCJvFhtK7oZoj2JQIkKJPVkn1sBRbb

...uh...I ...kinda thought he was just gonna keep guarding the seize point...I shoulda seen that coming, as he was moving before...

ACtC-3c8SskWMy8WfKFcUHP71mobd6XWKP4e1Cp5ACtC-3eIjO8oK1Gcryg7c91WwBfwls5C68qygjLl

Thank goodness I had only advanced with Ward, whom could take a max battle cry hit like that...

...Veria forgive me, I could have so easily lost someone there...

ACtC-3f9OC8RduF44pBI7zvVOaMJJCdgPXNJpy9yACtC-3eV4kKSZxcIIPFMtGwm8pn8r7m9bK4L0VNt

But now he has burnt through that scary battle cry buff, and is out of position

ACtC-3eB1SqqbnKBxjq8E7rieRzsNL3F21pYRnd3ACtC-3eb8OCcpS6ygCyG1yahpzduBWQoXgZ98T57

SO LETS KILL HIM N-

ACtC-3cSjpKDoZ4JTheLc3NDxYEtGrNYkvyqhG_Z

...you kinda killed the mood there a little Grimm, but its hard to complain about all the free healing

ACtC-3cTx5SS4V1ErDAdSrknHXYYJPYYk-YRKTCaACtC-3c4JioQ1IELxkbL-3rp6weIl4e1LaZFDGgd

And like that Agvan is dead.

ACtC-3eP06sQ5s6ARa70CN7ZKAcVMCYjScpuc9kS

And Faye got...well I was going to call it underwhelming, but these kinda levels are par for the course at this point.

ACtC-3cyomqo_JcTu4M5mng0rS4qUb7GPlLPXLNTACtC-3d04tfPMIo5ZFfIuHlW0yLwsNJWAP5XVZbC

And now the way is clear for all of the priest, but we still have 3-4 turns until the finally reach the seize point...

ACtC-3dKqG2rfclBDniFnW7gXDZk1UpC_K6N_49m

Nice levelup on Leon as well.

ACtC-3dP6We_NoMkzH1AvLvTZCtjAi6TuqmyLN3x

Oh no, I should have anticipated that when I cantoed Ruby, as that attack just revealed Czene to that axe wielder...actually, that might be OK, I can still move her out of his range...

ACtC-3fw8EjUJBTv43P9ecV42mba12yVxAA-gLOb

...wait, it couldn't damage her, at all...why did it attack her? I guess enemy AI doesn't know how to deal with defense in this game...

ACtC-3ffobmTyI3RQMy4wVj_H9eGewNJIaj6KpqHACtC-3c9Sp6xRHw207BEFNv1m1MLBACguX9BCtd_

Perfect, moving Czene away convinced the enemies to act extra dumb, so free damage with Christine

ACtC-3dmkwMbxb0McsAxXcIDqQYX_tqEYmFTUlC8

And I finally caught an image of poison going away...but in exchange I completely forget to catch an image of the turn 15 save...

ACtC-3euvQUxDaSSHz203Eq0UBw_zI5TR0_kXUgLACtC-3fymUCefFzK_ltEGGuDAhH3W0XU2k3Dzg3G

...I am stunned by the level of stupid on display...

ACtC-3eyNu1m6MV-IPkqtfc9E88qeGtXz2PGwSJu

Heh, that is kinda amusing, seeing the green units heal each-other.

ACtC-3dVXRsQ-145jCcjvEZ-gVUWkWPXevQrmTML

Time to turn the tables on this front

ACtC-3etOksvT1I6QehiDI7fsChhVOcTDq0nN3mqACtC-3d8go1yf79g6vEg6zFnmD7w5hsJ_uZyqFL2ACtC-3c1R49Cgvfmat6axXw-RxPlLdvWR7q32O6B

...Eh, this was never a dangerous enemy anyway, and Czene is getting close to that search point.

ACtC-3ckFYkt9hPp3UvhUgM-5dOnC3cogBNak7suACtC-3codZwKWU2NTJFBFwMInyGlFFeabBde9etU

But if Sherlock had hit, I would have cleared this area out...

ACtC-3cDGjOFrTYJJQoW_etJHqoNfIcUEhcaeaTy

...WOW, Grimm is such a Douche, Orbel literally just spent his turn healing Grimm, and here Orbel is, more damaged than Grimm was, and he wont reciprocate...

ACtC-3cNh4E--VeBMVrhOzWrssuLCcLXATgXHbKEACtC-3duAFeUKzfgzFCX4Thg9LHp1MptDotSCENP

And with that there really isn't anything dangerous around us

ACtC-3eY4BwayIimAPqsjJiDxKqRjOsSJX1mskVDACtC-3fLNrwGyfCvcm_E_Ws9xu1AdPsdPhU2Hja5

Until this guy moved into range I guess. Eh, I might as well milk some exp from these guys, and maybe send my female knights after that curious loot that spawned.

ACtC-3ed33fwoRO90WmeoYss3bjqf8sdoNAOTyjS

Whew...Ward really needed that heal.

But that was the only real action for the turn. It looks like we have smooth sailing from here, as there isn't much to do, but wait for the priests to seize.

ACtC-3fBKmNMQY7RFioA8ViZFyPqhR-UxGOCUxZz

Huh, didn't notice he had a throwing axe as well. Shame, as I was looking forward to some 100 accuracy vantage cheese.

ACtC-3cBfPq1VrMBMoXq2DEmto5b_sxK6fMMwegY

As you can see, I have been having Axel sneak over to the towards the other side (to reach those search points Czene hasn't reached) for a few turns now, and he might even be the first to intercept the loot that spawned. Also reinforcements just keep coming from that fort...

ACtC-3fWmTaQdXFmEJd6KWoXrUn4LYV-rFJvpLO9

Maybe I should have moved back for some charge damage last turn instead...shrug, I want to give Adel the kill, and hopefully the next axe guy cooperates...

ACtC-3dGEG2gnUaD-7ypawxLNHw7OG10V4Jv2aXN

And that jerk Grimm is the first to arrive, and has given Orbel as much of a reason to hate him, as Sakhali did already does...

Honestly, there is not much else going on this turn...I guess I will just move on to

ACtC-3fd2GVQTCOoA6EQXoad_56o1W3Xl76s4aAj

...that is quite a few reinforcement...

ACtC-3dJt2c5uYkhyOGBctF6a-poVeLlz4xr8LyrACtC-3dm9DNv-N06-n6b7jC7uC9Nh1KmzA_vnwrVACtC-3fHLHKXqBE7JA-bkVIouztnprFMI6Ik21KkACtC-3d4401znWLU2yarf_GqTM8t8GrVAXpddQiH

...OK, those mounted archers have kinda scary equipment, with an extra hit bow on one, and sleep arrows on the other...technically there is also another swimmer from the fort, and another axe from the cave but those have become kinda routine.

ACtC-3ewG3N9u5yIlW1WAksaUXL9C8_xwKz1_PEF

Time to start chipping down the guy with the crafting materials.

ACtC-3eiunQ5P4uyKKuj4EamkfoAKOW7Zfy1jZqvACtC-3d1sk1UoZho9eTCyQbwnDecwAY7vAH1wy-K

...Seems like he got his revenge though. Fortunately Izerna isn't too far away...

ACtC-3dGnfYpbKlgY2Yy2Z6Kp8ZdWOWTj_UVi23fACtC-3eV2W-pkFNCNqZSqwYVh8SHa3SjH64PPZKS

Beautiful, more Ruby favo-

ACtC-3dKgnWhEQoaAYc5sAOWKfJRZheMclC7Gdwx

...Well, it looks like I didn't notice what @Saint Rubenio pointed out just before, as I could have probably hit L1/R1 to move things into Christine's inventory. Instead I dropped that terrible bow I got from the guy Ruby captured before...I really should pay a little more attention to my troops Inventory when I am about to get an item, as I managed to make the capture I got on this map entirely pointless. To be fair he had terrible equipment anyway...

ACtC-3deI3A29xAknlyU5YN0rTw_xwJsp5ZWHJso

Looks like that guy with both type of axes managed to get in a hit, but

ACtC-3e2dlXCUfdqW2qg0HhblmZBLtNsEVuoYyuL

Adel finally gets that ki-

ACtC-3cMePQ6MrF7WJRsPscYpljfpLTuh6pytH81

...sigh...

ACtC-3fKPpe4XtAEDOr-lLpBkYAnw89VVrjA24SZACtC-3eEM4tExuPagYGbQr225Vbfjjf_Jgy57YvdACtC-3e9LdaBEZ_B3aEhHFOA8xyv9bENF7kjLfPo

At least the 100 accuracy vantage plan works of the next one.

ACtC-3eepNuhkG4C6XRE0Ljs9n0w5ls7gfo9LpbqACtC-3dVM_rhJvQ_uldU76tAurtvMM5JWkk-Lxqc

...yeah, seems like my luck is starting to turn again, as that kinda hurt...I better hide her real quick.

ACtC-3ceMrjwCsMTh4UD_I_rfivs77idWQZ5-IfAACtC-3fkI6UGLkQRmPq3NxqamCEIgeteMyZHoP6y

Well that turned out alr-

ACtC-3c2CZRw9AFhevYMB7OyccCkaoeFA9k5Cb1P

...I mean it was on its last leg, but losing her better bow is unfortunate. I wanted to conserve it more, but there were so many times it made the difference between damage and a kill.

ACtC-3eI6LQ8T005O2azfJXCsB0_uUPDhF6AMSFPACtC-3eGQ3KoFzbuqnTp-EtBH8X5HfmaAR8G4OKa

Finally Czene has gotten some help, but if reinforcements are coming every turn, this wont be enough...

ACtC-3cteSw4nvCz1iE-Oy0qA6EC50nYRL85sbTx

Perfect. Having Ruby canto up there was a plan I had to reduce the pressure on Adel a little, as that fort just keeps spewing out reinforcements

ACtC-3fVxfYjPODxQvX8SH854cK-cGm9rHhiV1Cl

and with Axebane she is in very little danger from these enemies (and also better chance to get some enemy phase chip).

ACtC-3cA9qJr1StR4lKJfHtiGI5CF6dEWjUREq3V

There is the second priest seized. Kinda funny that the one which took the most direct path reached the temple last.

ACtC-3daoRPkBu2yPOtDDh1_XexFtbRHCp90Xq6CACtC-3dOh7nJ0lv790cNxdJbu-QyXLf1svjGCHtE

Well that was uneventful, but I guess it clears out a little bit of spare inventory space.

ACtC-3cR-Il5R_HCULWXSPp3Gp1BwS8qsuG0DZwkACtC-3eW-4balHZWTeS9ArC81mFMrndh0K_ijany

I know, I was going to give the kill to Adel, but he missed his chance, and Reese can actually use the exp more due to how limited the number of maps he can be deployed on. Not much else happens on turn 17, and at the open of turn 18

ACtC-3eZZYsYdc-B2PffQCI_p1VjO8Z1E8Y3yo4UACtC-3ck0EDHiHPyl18zQHAyQbKL_U_o9FQ2P2Ur

Some loot pops out of the fort this time.

ACtC-3fOmFYHuYEZeIA1E0IFTqM0UMNk7rwWAhuv

Lets pop this guy, and hide Czene all in the same attack

ACtC-3fI8MxkZZURqpElSLwmxwJfnVp2W2WhiepSACtC-3fOtN4E49032HangZAs3fKHOG-yZQzLDvaK

I guess that makes sense, given his other option is the 100 hit vantage combo.

ACtC-3cATRWJxBvIO3wAxFXo4wDp2wjmGknXe28I

Nicely done Reese.

ACtC-3eDmwCfQkNOp8ilWR-5gX7O7fwH-DhlDyUW

And with that

ACtC-3chtktXZWfn7eSnjC-Ln7awA4gtyg9sRL3XACtC-3fmPN9pZ3HdmB3y1hDVUWaxLnelHgCuEFVu

We can finish this map off whenever we want. There is nothing between Reese and the seize point, with some scary bow knights pressing in, and the end of draining reinforcements no where in site, it might be a good idea to seize...and yet there is still loot on the table, not only in enemy pinatas, but also in two search points we have yet to visit, plus we have seen neither hide, nor hair of Esteban... I guess you will all have to stick around next time, to see if I stick around this map as well...

Spoiler
 30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3dc7-VYMV-bx470OgkxagA66k46J3-QNouyACtC-3dROu7ScPFIcT4h7mkTVrqyvHi94hHlSGiX

...survives with 1 HP...thank goodness for scripted battles, she would be minced meat otherwise...

In past versions he said "I will never lose to anyone again!" instead of "I am invincible!", which I liked a bit better. It implied some interesting things about Chaos. Oh well, just a small tidbit.

32 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3fYs3byo8KmuS8Iw6hD6VJiqYwremK75aNJ

That is a bit of a damage drop, but the odds are slightly better for Sherlock's survival...it drops that hit chance to less than 20% with Berwick mechanics...

20%? What? Berwick Saga does not have true hit... Not as far as I know, anyway.

35 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also Divine Twins wielded by one of the Sons of God...that is some extremely religious wording without the context to really understand what she means...

The game will elaborate on the sons of God in a few chapters.

36 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3ehlHy76ujf_5c0j4sPLg41vmYJSwe4gWrK

...she really is the worst...Is there really a hidden luck stat, or is the game just screwing with me?

Why yes, there is. If a unit gets an empty level (I only ever see Izerna manage it for some reason, everyone else is railroaded toward getting skill if the level would be empty), if they're crippled or if they eat certain foods, they get 1 luck. 1 luck will prevent you from being crippled (it isn't displayed though, so you'll never know), and 5 luck will save the unit from a mortal blow (this is displayed).

39 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3eCgVnrtC1C4sfmLx-V4eouzHShv5mld2Zz

And some interesting loot that just walked onto the map...

I do like how they put this thing to lure you back to the southern side of the map so you can have a chance to get the turn 20 surprise.

40 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3f_kSbEC4QhUq8eLzRjCqxjvLgI3BdCRSVf

I still have a few enemies left before the priests have a safe path to the seize point, and I might as well start with Ward Jagening this fool.

Thank goodness it was Ward, because he might actually have a chance to tank Agvan's battle cried self.

40 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I shoulda seen that coming, as he was moving before...

In my Ironman that cost Christine her life.

Yeah, Christine. The girl needed to recruit someone? Two losses, just like that. And you're going in blind. I had played the game twice before and had no recollection of the guy ever moving...

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...wait, it couldn't damage her, at all...why did it attack her? I guess enemy AI doesn't know how to deal with defense in this game...

Having enough defense to tank a full hit without a shield is so rare in this game that I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother making the AI cautious about it. They do prioritize reliable damage, but since Ruby was the only one in range...

44 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3euvQUxDaSSHz203Eq0UBw_zI5TR0_kXUgLACtC-3fymUCefFzK_ltEGGuDAhH3W0XU2k3Dzg3G

...I am stunned by the level of stupid on display...

In fairness, Ruby's defense saved her here. A successful hit from a broadhead arrow, even if it only deals 1 damage, will straight up murder the target's horse. So... yeah. Nice little detail.

45 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3eyNu1m6MV-IPkqtfc9E88qeGtXz2PGwSJu

Heh, that is kinda amusing, seeing the green units heal each-other.

"Damn you, old coot! Who do you think I am? I don't need your stinking heals!"

"Just shut up and take it before I change my mind, you bastard."

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3cDGjOFrTYJJQoW_etJHqoNfIcUEhcaeaTy

...WOW, Grimm is such a Douche, Orbel literally just spent his turn healing Grimm, and here Orbel is, more damaged than Grimm was, and he wont reciprocate...

He's seizing the opportunity to win the race. He doesn't usually manage it, so I can't blame him...

47 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3dKgnWhEQoaAYc5sAOWKfJRZheMclC7Gdwx

...Well, it looks like I didn't notice what @Saint Rubenio pointed out just before, as I could have probably hit L1/R1 to move things into Christine's inventory. Instead I dropped that terrible bow I got from the guy Ruby captured before...I really should pay a little more attention to my troops Inventory when I am about to get an item, as I managed to make the capture I got on this map entirely pointless. To be fair he had terrible equipment anyway...

Don't worry about it. I didn't even notice for four runs - I was watching a playthrough and the person playing pointed it out, haha. But yeah, you can hit L1 and R1 to switch to the inventories of those next to you. Frankly, there are worse ways to find out than with a shitty-ass bronze bow.

48 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3e9LdaBEZ_B3aEhHFOA8xyv9bENF7kjLfPo

At least the 100 accuracy vantage plan works of the next one.

Adel is so much fun for this reason.

49 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3cA9qJr1StR4lKJfHtiGI5CF6dEWjUREq3V

There is the second priest seized. Kinda funny that the one which took the most direct path reached the temple last.

Interestingly enough, their assessments at the start of the map are surprisingly accurate. If they are allowed to move at full speed, Orbel will always reach the temple first. Of course, he's also hounded by pirates from the fort, he unavoidably takes a mighty blow from Igos, and if you don't hurry he'll bash straight into Agvan. Sakhalin, by contrast, only really has to deal with a few weaklings on a broad plain where you can easily dispatch them.

Really, the only mistake in their plans is that Sakhalin can't see the future, and thus couldn't have known that Chaos would show up. His path is otherwise the safest by far, but Chaos erases the poor guy if you don't remove him first.

51 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

nor hair of Esteban

Yeah, that's the worst part of this map. They really should've made him appear a bit sooner. As it is, chances are you'll be all ready to go and be forced to wait for him. Oh, well.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Interesting... so Faye is from the Orient. Also why wouldn't Sakhalin not recognize one of his defenders? Is he as senile as Grimm...

Not too surprising. I mean, they were escorted by an entire army. Just look at all those generics:

On 4/10/2021 at 9:31 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

ACtC-3fEkhAnRjm0NpY1wtR80E7ccDYhfawrAl5A

The Sinon Knights under Reese were stated to number just under 100, not accounting for mercenaries like her.

Not to dump on your skills too much Faye, but "Lord Chaos"'s stats were endgame ready, and you weren't up to that kinda challenge, even without some magic from the sword...

Well, Ward is endgame ready. Chaos' stats are on a different level.

Supposedly Luck is a hidden resource that is used up when you would otherwise have suffered a cripple or a mortal injury.

You get Luck if you get an empty level up. This is something you won't see on most characters because the game will normally give you a free weapon level increase as compensation for what would otherwise be an empty level. However, the exception to this is the Light Orb skill. So if you only have Light Orb skill, like Izerna, you can get an empty level fairly easily.
It's a strange exception to that rule. But it also doesn't really hurt Izerna because Orbs with passive effects increase weapon skill at a much higher rate then those used as weapons. And the Light category is essentially all healing and other passive stuff.
I think getting Luck might actually be more beneficial for her, so that she doesn't instantly get crippled when she does take a hit.

ACtC-3cVmndCJvFhtK7oZoj2JQIkKJPVkn1sBRbb

...uh...I ...kinda thought he was just gonna keep guarding the seize point...I shoulda seen that coming, as he was moving before...

Also that guy next to him actually started out all the way at the other side of the river. You could have intercepted him early on.
The reason he does that is probably to make it harder to force Agvan to waste his Battle Cry against a 1-range attack he can't retaliate against. So stopping that guy earlier gives you more options at this point.

Btw, on the subject of penalties for weapons that you don't have the Level to use properly:
If a weapon's required rank is higher then the user's level, you receive a 5% failure chance for every level that you are missing.
Also, any special effects the weapon may have are ignored. You just get the raw stats.
Agvan here used a Shamshir, which has a required rank of 12. His level is 10. Missing 2 levels to reach the required rank leaves him with a 10% chance for his attacks to just fail outright.
Also, the Shamshir normally gives you a +3% crit chance. But since he doesn't have the required rank, that property is ignored and he can't deal critical hits.

ACtC-3cc2KS1NbOkRQh8eBLcLRDOGLalh6zvpBwl

Sweet, that is such a useful boon on her.

Might be worth mentioning that unlike it's counterpart from Tear Ring Saga you actually need to equip this one in order for it to work.

Well, I do know that enemies with special arrows will prioritizes targets that their effects apply against. This guy has a Broadhead Arrow, which instantly kills any horse. So I guess he simply attacked Ruby because she was the only horse unit in range, even though he couldn't possibly kill her horse since he couldn't actually overcome her base defense.
Maybe the game is also just being merciful since I think it's the first time one of those weapons appears.. Needless to say, Broadhead Arrows and Pole Axes are something you really want to watch out for. They will kill your rare and expensive Sinon Stallions just as easily as your easily replaceable Thin Horses.

Edited by BrightBow

I have been getting the rest of these parts out fairly quick, so just a warning it will be a few more days still before I get the next one out.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:20 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

20%? What? Berwick Saga does not have true hit... Not as far as I know, anyway.

The only way he can counter attack is if I miss, so the odds of him dealing that damage is the chance I miss (.44) times his chance to hit (.45) which is .198, just under 20%. It wasn't a big change, but it was a notable enough threshold to make me feel more comfortable.

I do like how they put this thing to lure you back to the southern side of the map so you can have a chance to get the turn 20 surprise.

...???...

In my Ironman that cost Christine her life.

Yeah, Christine. The girl needed to recruit someone? Two losses, just like that. And you're going in blind. I had played the game twice before and had no recollection of the guy ever moving...

Ouch...I mean it is a little surprising to see enemies move off of a seize point, as it leaves the map open to cheesy early seize strats...

In fairness, Ruby's defense saved her here. A successful hit from a broadhead arrow, even if it only deals 1 damage, will straight up murder the target's horse. So... yeah. Nice little detail.

And people act like Ruby isn't a great unit.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:44 AM, BrightBow said:

Supposedly Luck is a hidden resource that is used up when you would otherwise have suffered a cripple or a mortal injury.

...I wonder...Do characters start with any Luck?

Might be worth mentioning that unlike it's counterpart from Tear Ring Saga you actually need to equip this one in order for it to work.

Its a little unfortunate that only those that can wield accessories can use them. I guess that one is personal gear for Faye at the moment, but if I ever get access to more...

Well, I do know that enemies with special arrows will prioritizes targets that their effects apply against. This guy has a Broadhead Arrow, which instantly kills any horse. So I guess he simply attacked Ruby because she was the only horse unit in range, even though he couldn't possibly kill her horse since he couldn't actually overcome her base defense.
Maybe the game is also just being merciful since I think it's the first time one of those weapons appears.. Needless to say, Broadhead Arrows and Pole Axes are something you really want to watch out for. They will kill your rare and expensive Sinon Stallions just as easily as your easily replaceable Thin Horses.

Seeing as she is sitting on the lowest health cheap horse I have, even if they worked it would not have been a big long-term loss (I am not entirely sure it would have been much of a short-term loss either, as it would make me less reluctant to send her over the cliffs to attack the reinforcements on that side...)

Spoiler

Obviously I am going to stick around for the loot, unless leaving will prevent a character death...

ACtC-3cvEcq2UAAE0NKoVmp8jvXBNZdFc0dz_lzI

...I mean attacking him is on the way for her reaching Izerna, even if she is a little low on health.

ACtC-3eEFrCkf-DOvxJ2lzUPX8wRoRZGm_FP53bCACtC-3dMQHX189df52LkRhibeda6MNImxIZ53ybP

I was kinda excited when I saw Maim, but....

ACtC-3dYIXDnaYKGJN8o5X6b5763zmBSAN6hYtpR

No dice. I guess it did get me to notice that he drops an item, so

ACtC-3fzF4gKf6AaP9b0tUAEiWA59ezQ12aOryH5ACtC-3dTyShSj0pQ9Q1axG7tBgkk2E8xkQ_vfXQG

Might as well secure that now

ACtC-3e-K2JSiUCzkP0LHWKxvwBIz7Bas2Je2aC8

She even managed to level from it

ACtC-3eAIQNv6lR-9Sk8ch181QOIFUUMt1o7f7WO

Minor loot gotten. Now fo-

ACtC-3dDEeGVxIWcMG39F4ug9PxedCP_o0jPb1hG

She will still live through it

ACtC-3ceoCMPrzLajNf-iwubs7zFPYmpOo6sLDrN

even if it did hit. Lets deal with him no-

ACtC-3dnUnkVK75zUHtK-BxYM2D7Fi7fblGnzh0iACtC-3eMryw4cUXeovmpQ4_WF-1ctsUT2J_KQM8k

...sigh

ACtC-3eGzwW-gDldou0Z5xMEZBF8a-H404v2AFdqACtC-3fiNP8ftzq8_V4rvEUYpdZqCpsfdbesh5VbACtC-3dQ923Gg3SBxadhD5NymrDZdfRqLpl_h26P

At least 100 accuracy vantage is still working, but this chip is kind slow at dealing with these guys...

ACtC-3cFMMIN6JYXbKRR5FDvTDg1N28E17Wl1LSw

So lets speed things up with a

ACtC-3eN7-csEwm_5vEsnGOz5a2rgJOJ-kXdesKP

Ward hit, and injury

ACtC-3e_ESw2zGAlq7GeWCvZFJf12aVMRcICBBYS

At least she is dodgy enough that these aren't a huge threat.

ACtC-3cqJOHkt6uUc08OmOaqQBvTuHixzv2vfLcw

Alright time to finish this guy

ACtC-3ewr5g_oqJ-GRWsseGMUjJbv6af2lUhBQ8i

...I guess that wasn't the best accuracy, so

ACtC-3fsMgDrw0Nun185oTU5nJ51NSVPDUlkVjJRACtC-3ds5TFjeIljF0AxlgJsuB0c0lLIXlAIItt1

Lets give Adel the kill

ACtC-3e8lwwqAvN6wRD-O1YNzlMmjtzjUmW-pd8v

and an amazing level up.

ACtC-3eADaYVzP9Bpdl1UP8A7JzY5uw3mj8XdMB3

That puts Christine back into a far safer position, but hopefully we can get the hit on this guy next turn for the kill before he does any more damage to us...

ACtC-3cKpDyZJJTkDHNupa38OQmP72Fh4qlr6u6E

That soften the other axe out here up

ACtC-3d6C9LAauNXkefpRaoalZ52UCIW5nD0LQQl

...this is a little dangerous, as the sleep archer can fire down from that cliff, but she is the best dodger in the area, and it has already moved this turn...

ACtC-3cHOKSq3MhaC9vInwMPnqQd3HOs36IVl9ZE

Yeah I got a little greedy there, but worst case scenario is I leave a little early, and I have options to exhaust before reaching that point...and with that we are onto the next turn

ACtC-3dKlm_iR617BkEa8J5IkWfFXAt5bWVLHAiBACtC-3dHghtGfN_6TNb_W4OEE4Q_e5nLDpGLrYu4

More loot spawns onto the map...but things are getting a little overwhelming for those two, so I am going to hide them.

ACtC-3fDEQZeKjkFW6IPxrdrfoObKdY84yQXL9TYACtC-3fyBhOm28JsQOXErAFRdSgN10HL6evIdjlJ

That double attack makes him annoyingly more accurate than he should be (~50% of getting at least 1 hit)...

ACtC-3cbX_WjKmCQM-PM9t4rTSh0hrpyWJ68anjF

and with both mobility and range, I need to deal with him

ACtC-3cG6becLSJkVjSaItW_ZSp1oetLKhg5zNUp

...In retrospect there were probably better things to use my early actions on

ACtC-3c8rhyiTLEtgr9mOLhR--WIFi6C7AtKEQqr

...this isn't the end of the world as

ACtC-3cmOR3wfubIw4pPouu32W5uHF1Hho1N7gAuACtC-3eArHirVp2KSHnk2P5P1JKx2iqNDQr_ngU3

I can guard her for a while.

ACtC-3clsGIpAt8H9xbM130uailEf6065t-cTNmsACtC-3eJTHtc3KF8Jli0DTiQjc3-hN5T6k81h5h_

...speaking of things that I should have done earlier

ACtC-3fGcZKt3X5pwrjTz6ibUd41BIyr0XpKrTkZACtC-3fUJiijmy1rXX_-5BwosdMxOgirzLEBcPZn

Luck has not been on my side so far

ACtC-3ctok6ac4M0-8KqGfhEPLu5lVtZppnU1oNw

I guess the free hidden ambush hit is kinda nice, if they were going to break her hide anyway.

ACtC-3dXsvZbKqLnQTPVwJnd-lDINlZSCiLj0sClACtC-3eXNahepTQXeqX1P6sF1EAgZ7nsOEqBtdOM

Finally this guy stops dodging.

ACtC-3ev76xGDqMCor9NvW859Ko73NIEdhojiwVN

...alright maybe I shouldn't be ignoring her as much as I have, as that was a nice levelup.

ACtC-3fpUTWFKtBHAYcVv81S7P-D8qwU5UcGezWM

Now lets finish this guy off

ACtC-3fAyKUL8Tb7QdReW7ij8pIcylAB2xORr5bl

I should have expected that with the luck of this turn, but at least I blocked off the clear terrain enough that Izerna isn't in immediate danger...

ACtC-3fJ5pHnI1rDJi8Wr40fsPff32g60F5BI5qA

100 hit...thank goodness I am guarding her

ACtC-3czlixioxXpTHIsviCpIubDDyR6AKle4t0NACtC-3eMnJNQKmX0Wfh4y1odY7mi2gw_2DOXL5Cs

...this is just not my best turn playwise, or luckwise is it.

ACtC-3c-B01JIWrvDwFwaX1kEv9TbXr1m2mpfIE5

Hopefully turn 20 treats me a little better.

ACtC-3d115nEbNboekJnwOLFLLLhpNtPzRMNBO3n

Well I recognize that mug from the bounties, but that dialogue is really worrying me...

ACtC-3cQ1szI-Vpqm20FeC4GiTk2RFeVz9APGBVW

And Esteban appears on the other side of the map from Christine. Looks like my luck really hasn't turned around yet.

ACtC-3fFlWpZ8ijz14fRcPZz33MHAFB7HKnf4CyS

Esteban is so naive. He really thinks these bandits are Robin Hood style noble thieves, stealing just from the rich.

Alright, I better get to work on trying to salvage this mess, starting with

ACtC-3cHVSR66ZFKxCQFoWBKbMJ7Fc_NJK3ApBn9

Ward equipping his spare shield, and getting back to

ACtC-3eTNA7QPVi0RtaBlAuZN_XLiRIAypG6KHml

Protecting Faye while she sleeps on the job.

ACtC-3eRoG0Isb0FtIpFkBYWF6L7lWO_oQHr24RXACtC-3fUuGuYwTwMM0OYGZEDoCb4wYrUCQpMQOiD

With how many things are going wrong right now, things could have been a lot worse.

ACtC-3cpeUnOZN-CWOHecEba_82_GMFWPicDsZ-HACtC-3ewnNwPvPJZvT__F1ObgoM0P1xj4HbaCnMr

Hopefully he is distracted by the sleeping Faye long enough for my two supporter cavs going back around the path to kill him before he sleeps anyone else.

ACtC-3ehon-NDz-cLmaeU-D35TpMLNw9yOSrArMc

Well lets try getting rid of this guy

ACtC-3flp21SaBe2fYft5Wxm0b7efjQvQHJz_ixp

...sigh. This might be a little dangerous, but I need to get Christine over to the other side, and having Ruby escort her makes a fair bit of sense, so she is Cantoing to the south.

ACtC-3c1vgjnQUgoW2AG1NRjsfdPuDZGzbl3NEVfACtC-3eB3YSMrIqRGaAedOAodHv--9bZuZ5SGDy-

Seeing damage despite the block is a clear sign of how much worse this shield is, but Ward is still holding out just fine.

ACtC-3fdAit0WLRn3Ab-uJux61C8c_O1JOpby-WU

That takes care of that nuisance, and she can even canto further along the path.

ACtC-3fFe0fuWHQKHmvRZlIGljE-Z9weBvb_7Lkn

Sylvis is doing a good job of dodge tanking these enemies, but they are spawning faster than she can deal with them, which is worrying.

ACtC-3f7qmMujZEDr9v-zC6XgaK5hdcgGCUgoIUO

Axel is heading for the next search point, and figured I would top him off in case he has another search combat.

ACtC-3cAtW78I6F-L5Q6Uxcqk15sdLVMhoyspqFBACtC-3effU9gplmD4NHd60RXUQqOrlktFDXyFf2H

So many enemies to deal with...and of course this added some poison onto him...

ACtC-3fzqvAyuIKYIfxqw5sZHxAUhSqfaGuHWw3jACtC-3dQN0dxf_rtPK6kio2nIoiLMxrzgxBD3SMt

If he can pull this off again next turn, that will deal with this one, but they are still spawning a little faster than Sylvis and Sherlock can deal with them.

ACtC-3fz8cQsik0HuAsMd9RpLhT3KNjHbpJ9LAHOACtC-3dhS6IS2Pv_ezr2Oz698Mkku100Bwf0dPbIACtC-3fkFIgb4noNVYPdlEN5ICEL5msOAUSOiWqcACtC-3eaMcPN9Pdr4wR98T2SkBcvNb8Jd2WDQ9zu

That takes care of that annoyance. Next turn they should be able to gank that horse archer (whom is still holding onto another sleep arrow).

ACtC-3dHmCEdCwCmlKljINmPnTqHwjzN4KISYA0J

On the one hand, the swimmers have become a real nuisance by trying to attack the sleeping Faye, so drawing them south like this is probably a good thing, but going around the lake like this was meant to prevent these guys from swarming Christine before she can reach Esteban.

ACtC-3f9ncf-t2n35iGB4P6C1Kq8WVonMlpkrmvf

There is a sign that my luck might be turning around, as she really couldn't afford to take a hit like that.

ACtC-3d1RlJ_1-vyF9hPUU4WjpyBmA5zmLqT5Z8I

This is a bit of a gamble, but if she can get away with the loot in this cave, I can pull out of this area entirely, and that I will leave less loot behind if I have to leave early.

ACtC-3ffYKkp0OHRe8H5LbMAvzZrnsuvx8oAq8OW

...this was probably a mistake, I missed the image where they briefly showed the enemies odds, but it could one shot her (admittedly it had single digit accuracy...)

ACtC-3cWzkeHop_pnLGYpAV34rbvHLKUif__QRmr

I guess she stands a chance of winning here, as she is getting 2-3 attacks every round thanks to the bonus attack on the knife, and adept, and these are usually 5 rounds (so 10-15 attacks dealing 2-3...). She needs to get a bit lucky with him never hitting, and getting the nu-

ACtC-3euH7XdVSeuKyzDBy6o-xkWoxWjWbxqWDYG

...Right, this knife has a crit chance. Well that works.

ACtC-3eK9xGgENAjZrqIxRVVyb2vPfZRGbNh3wDW

I wish it told me how long this lasts....

ACtC-3chVAH8EdZ73G3RmzZUD0unvjw4idRVsGQ6

I could leave now, as things are not going well...

ACtC-3ds8BVHJq3c1uoHuYHk9hLKlddyMdPn_JYo

But I think I can hold things together for another turn at least.

ACtC-3cn-wdaPyI5cfoEVfunmPEA9SoflVliIsONACtC-3eZ_qlSfYYnDUcVEXTVCg1G8u89iuRsvIJE

I probably should have looked at Esteban earlier. I like the synergy of his skills, plus that scotopic skill gives him some small, but useful extra utility on Fog-of-War maps, which could easily be life saving. Although if there aren't many woods on the map, his utility will drop, which is a bit unfortunates.

ACtC-3f1YK8GJ6uhSISfMwI_---Pn-h5HI_30qYhACtC-3fGpdYufz5344ZgwTaY2TDzDNTF9i6POtW6

This is basically the mandatory first move of the turn at this point.

ACtC-3e2pI1wli0l9-CEejQhn1acSVgIbWYnd4k0ACtC-3e5OzdkYrOg7CLQihdjmbDHVwI0LoFZ-sIs

Good, it looks like he took the bait before he could sleep anyone else. Funnily enough, because he thought he was targeting the sleeping Faye,  he never used the sleep arrows in his subsequent attacks, which has made him far more threatening than he otherwise would be. Then again if he somehow successfully slept Ward that would make me seize early...

ACtC-3eNdyZJgijgPoGDk_nQRMfba94JPW6FI7-cACtC-3c5BKNMXcaBQftftAHt9ORxPxJ_yweTVbEI

Much as I want to deathmatch this jerk right here to ensure his death, unfortunately his inability to counter means I can't...

ACtC-3eUZ4VWB6pM07nh8I4HSInxWUNLuYxwqlQ5

Once again things are going perfectly. Ruby can deal take these axe enemies for days, and attacking her over Christine is ideal.

ACtC-3e_ivbRj8gW1nbJJIhyQuZo9i0kN-fQNFaDACtC-3enihzsGS1LDPNSAF556G0OuRUIT6w25pRU

That ends the threat of more units being slept.

ACtC-3d5H7V4_8v_j5-7E15JsN1Pv-zqv_AZmIYp

And even the poison proved inconsequential.

ACtC-3eJj6FJJ7emzp1ClKClv-A4omGeXbuKIX4wACtC-3eT-HkY0Ti1SK4BeheWn3pv8PN93krNVGR2

I don't know why they decided to go after Ruby now, but it is a good sign.

ACtC-3fKsrkHh-_HN1GayePrtiItCPEL4Mha4A8MACtC-3fP-99gkfBTn-djUCFlEURSbY655lbzbE6h

...I guess everything can't be going we-

ACtC-3dJXLYNcE5TQjBxSwMUOCtBtsGSGnWebqak

Perfect, this should cle-

ACtC-3filIvKS-9EhQEhKp1jfrnVyLDwXKOupLb7

sigh...

ACtC-3fqx5DWBh_WmsWW7A3kHdwsbij9vaCj0kMD

At least she is still dodge tanking just fine, but now that he is out of Sherlock's possible attack range

ACtC-3c8l2T8qAbrdS3ExOG-IU-ZNDt4n0aZBbm4

I am ending him in a far more certain way.

ACtC-3deAnAx2GQW-dMvJTgNQtaCExJDiE1Y-Gg0

He misses, but I am starting to feel overwhelmed by these reinforcements. I think they are all that is left, and I wish they would just stop...

ACtC-3etHDMXPUVnQvlxZmtAzi9SuBeAC7UYwNlZACtC-3eSI8Im7yFCCTqkg0ZNCjA9yVPUS5UpLtBN

...Ouch, that hurt. That is a harsh reminder that Ward can't guard Faye forever...

ACtC-3f6wVssbMOMGd7qgDgWLZnaoCjj5vH9HNW-

With Czene having fled to a hiding place, these axe guys continue their track record of missing Sylvis. Honestly these guys have tried these low odds attacks enough that I am surprised none of them have hit yet.

ACtC-3dJQ6MU7g25gpc6wxATiF0Fr4mCi4fKsN6TACtC-3f54hJFf0gHFRvcIFKnRBvUFG53_JA2wlwM

...whelp, that cements it. Unless Faye wakes up this turn, we are going to have to seize. He held on for so long with little worry, but now everything is falling apart, and things aren't getting better for the turn as

ACtC-3cWAU9b8PP7I0-meRFnPv6hOVYwkikExgfF

this enigma is in the way of Christine's path to Esteban, as the edge of her movement range is

ACtC-3cZuTyTU19YgwuTa-Ve3lD5vlskbgBnaTmA

...I can't even look at this...this...thing's stats screen...or movement range...

What the devil am I supposed to do about this? I have no idea how dangerous even being in his range is. I don't even know what his range is... I don't have the luxury of holding Christine back, and while I am not crazy enough to risk a counter attack of ??, if I want to continue this chapter, I am going to have to face an attack from that...

well I guess I could stall a little, before I HAVE to make the decision to risk a ??? attack.

ACtC-3ceuUVSWhmFASeIMdUmLXayZ1wubM0STk2DACtC-3eQEhVJQYtNIullpHGH7hQvC5s2B9mbeeEa

That is a little good news at least.

ACtC-3d6_jzegse4aE0IzoWpTPT-WUFCM0fapWXBACtC-3c0slhzzsuSYXCDY2Eh9du1UGRLdS5PmLYl

and things are just getting worse all the time. She can take another hit, but she has only been living thanks to dodges, and that injury just gave her a -10 avoid....

ACtC-3do1VYxZf_VABaU2vbZ0U-TD8SObGR76LKw

...ugh, of course Esteban is moving further away from Christine, but I am already far enough along this path that I am already too committed to it.

ACtC-3clmFXXOtxX2lXtF4PwmozYdXbAYzSNiB-AACtC-3cfSbKfqf9YoLO4vNN6_gAsZtX3ompNccnU

Poor naive Esteban, he just isn't cut out for the brutality of brigand life

ACtC-3cZ-TahFYB5VR8IR3CQkhoyA2jEupsuiYyq

I have got to make a decision now. If I leave now I lose Esteban (and face the tragedy of that decision), miss out on one of the search points, and some drop-able treasure. If I don't leave now Christine is going to have to face the terrifying enigma of ???, I am risking extra danger on the injured Sylvis, and I will have to either risk Ward's death or

...well I guess with the Miracle charm Faye could loss it in exchange for a single turn of axe attacks, and if she recovers from sleep we are in a much better situation...

ACtC-3c-J-G8dSWic2_pPyFjOQV9TaWdDkHmEs1g

Alright I think I will wait for now. Its a small gamble, as Garos could kill Christine, but its not often that a single attack takes out a unit (and if he takes the next enemy action she will be fine). I have the first actions, so I can put off this decision a tiny bit more at this small risk.

Well Garos didn't move, and as my last usable action of the turn I have Christine wait adjacent to Garos...

ACtC-3cSCZ6QvI8yzkzqp2W29qylGDHSpjXkQeyO

AND HE IS JUST FUCKING GONE...

...I ...uh...hulghks...

....huh..hu...huugh...

He had this whole dialogue about slicing people to ribbons, and he utterly ignores an adjacent enemy and disappears into the trees. If I were playing this game any way other than a blind ironman this would not have been the moment of terror, or jaw dropping bafflement that is was. Being blind I can only use the information the game has given, and in an ironman making mistakes have a harsh penalty, and all I have to go on is ???...

And then Faye recovered from sleep, and after the sudden flip-flopping between flabbergasting and jumping for joy I totally miss an image of that short lived recovery dialogue box. This was literally the best case scenario, and because of that we are still in this thing, especially if

ACtC-3fXmxdM6i63ANZ-wrPwkhecy77DG3RFQgivACtC-3dLCRnlA3ym6c8nxVg3hKkYbqkbwMYvAkTs

Sylvis takes the first action jumping down the cliff side and chugging Sherlock's vulnerary.

ACtC-3fDnGYEJLoNCG-_VpFf27IukcY89AZNaAXy

Ruby continues to distract this axer effectively

ACtC-3cwg1hFoaOAX6vcnWbSQ_XiJcOlTLFiP1Mw

And now that she isn't asleep she can dodge this fine. Speaking of which lets make her a little safer by getting onto some woods

ACtC-3fau6fww4e4Jprmr8TbcHO6cXp1pmE_CxNz

Which apparently convinced these bandits to risk a cliffside attack against Leon instead (which it misses...). I guess a more likely reason for this action is that Faye probably has the speed to counter this 1 range attack, while Leon doesn't.

ACtC-3f_UB0gWiANQ62Ked9miuOa5WLatDE52Xc9

Although I kinda want the archer gone a little more, as they are annoying.

ACtC-3dnb-fVRGFkXXuP3qfBaPFHYnhl5b27qtPG

And that dodge makes for a promising prospect for Sylvis's side of the battle, as she dodges, and we have another cliffside axe to pepper with arrows.

ACtC-3fTKijTVQQf6XKqe4fbe5KEGkaB0ZNn-O1FACtC-3dR4PfBVTAs801oeKhbPpjt6uLNN29pmJPw

Would have been nice to finish this off, but its not the biggest deal.

ACtC-3f180RQboV8WT7PJkhI1NTmrXwPm6G37mnSACtC-3eivTFvZR8IB8s7gAG4SPMC8ydcTm15P9d_

Now that Faye isn't sleeping on the job she is doing fine, dodge tanking like Sylvis, but with counter attacks to punish the axes

ACtC-3eZTt_rbbf6CtkCp1dVNxn53L-FY5gsBAbnACtC-3dOSI4HdrmPc33P2M06Jy-AHmAXCUd4P3Bb

...Alright, Esteban is proving to be a bit of an annoyance for Faye with that Huntsman skill, as now she needs a bit of healing, or risk an unlikely axe de- well risk an axe breaking the miracle charm I suppose.

ACtC-3ciI0LEBwhi29JrjQ4F-Zjl6jGSaq0WmaNwACtC-3fsD7QKblM298f9MTkxKVnPF_seuhU_mobL

Ugh, even with the cliff penalty he misses shots like this...

ACtC-3fNSmnqKBP1Q3RBP0j--5bykincwx8x8nuLACtC-3eMS2ngtix8f2SznwARNePwvQEchovYDIrn

Ruby continues to trivialize her axe opponent, with little more than some repositioning for my other actions, leading to the turn 23 opening

ACtC-3c2EP3xYnxgw3JzhvOuHukaFyTCY_430177ACtC-3f7U3t41rwEq78GC2OEK9fqVQ9iUpA_7tp0

getting another Vulnerary into Faye in some new woods.

ACtC-3dBB-Vu_VYLzqwgoTnSb1T_VI-CZTB48Pu7

Alright you little annoyance

ACtC-3ecbZ16uZa4-PXqzw4imf7swOsNBIgzK1m4

just die.

ACtC-3eDCFJhw6A4oBcn0bKUJ40kdMPBnpD7UpgIACtC-3eTgZxnbu0b42KAMTPymuY45Ysdj3v77Czs

I guess this one has volunteered to be the supporter's next target.

ACtC-3cKkk-3EHEZqwptjr-_zjoiJVcFd8mQ16_t

I really need to start thinning out these bandits in the north...

ACtC-3ftJNRLs3WbSTHSuVGlfektdtx6bhF1p7ov

Honestly, that level of dodge isn't much worse than Sylvis...

ACtC-3d-L_oBy89cuKDb6tah7rapQZvVGN1yP1DYACtC-3dlDDgQdcSVV2kUDmWcQl4uZFC0O7EoHlBd

...Nice.

ACtC-3fd54KdFIgRPtpzVIagjIW9oJGNWLWIbQtKACtC-3cgyWT9z0V5Q6k0hHlmJQKBFoLRWY49S4Qx

Things have really turned around. Just a few turns ago things looked so bleak, and now Faye is embarrassing these enemies.

ACtC-3dH3Nlh5D-E8sQPWVEtikXrpHCTj7lnCaG8

And now for the final search spot

ACtC-3c-XVW8dCdnkIJfQfFq9fMAsjKLOgYSC2cs

...its just an item. After that dramatic Czene fight this feels a little anticlimactic.

ACtC-3cD96toJXS1AY_AKovgDJE4AyW3L6Ydv5JyACtC-3dxz4fS5Ztmlf5Fyuq7DUV6hBRd709JAOuO

Sylvis continues to dodge tank these fools

ACtC-3cB_4RZhb06FHojGicQ-cM520_FGhjm5AW2ACtC-3dbUtqPk05CR1bG3DWGj8PHEFJhXPRgvRXs

Its unfortunate that she missed the kill, as she can't Canto back far enough to get the extra damage to try for the kill again next turn...

ACtC-3eNp5sbDCiNNmwW85wQVKXqbqgQWWiskpxj

Leom finally starts retaliating against the axe thrower that is chasing him.

ACtC-3fuz-pT9i50pOcNtXIkz4Z3H6Zw901KnrZmACtC-3dWcxmOvrgb1Zl6xSmJtcru-jmaR4j7zz82

I probably shouldn't have given Ward this kill, but this endless string of bandits is getting annoying.

ACtC-3cjPmagGIgQGnojuTAZEOGdapQwF2X40BtwACtC-3fob80s6LzyzX558sxvD6l7ofpw0muEQJRP

It would have been nice to add some chip to this axe thrower.

ACtC-3caew6WZkYmACLcS2oK9NQ7tWYkfKQfzhlp

Wow, one of the axes managed to break through her Axebane skill

ACtC-3cn9zK2KJOOKcJTeZSoXXr0dJ9xsyvKaMhB

to Ruby benefit basically, as the extra shield skill is nice. That is the last real action of turn 23.

ACtC-3dh013g9oFs0dt5DbdzDLzE2x2r8sHeQ15S

This mysterious beast shows his ugly mug again. He must have hide on that unseeable stat screen of his...

I think I will focus on the enemies near the exit for now.

ACtC-3dqG9J0nLAWQJVcmBfnlQmZ7rUXcXF7nuSXACtC-3eS88c4gPbFmZsOLDIDpqkfFGXAaiU84Klq

Leon continues to soften this guy up for Adel.

ACtC-3dcBhZxtOFyUSpUDENOWN4p2Dpp2XYcLHFl

While Ruby gets back to dodging, just before

ACtC-3dmRmkLNyGCYHCy9xTAMPWCb2quDnRvB_G_

Adel gets his kill.

ACtC-3dXlUAafV_ZzxR246dUA5iEWv713bmWZnnU

Ward then chips that axe thrower Reese missed before

ACtC-3cKEmcl4K2BGMRDF1Ru4UAXHxwYttQc9J0J

Sylvis continues to dodge tank, but these guy are starting to get into the valley, which is a slight concern to Izerna on the plateau, but I still have a turn or two before that is a big deal.

ACtC-3fYYF4ZybaMyZU7q0tMh0qvBPwD00fZwcelACtC-3d3TnVrIV0vq7aa8w3dGwUfvxW2EW-idnxZ

Back by the exit Faye advances into another woods to chip the axe thrower down eno-

ACtC-3cZntAgueJmVlFxDP21aTmeI92T25_YuDx5ACtC-3cXIPeIuF6bgJx3Mf2ABBrmTDR4kyXkWTG-

Esteban is really showing his worth by beating up on Faye with that huntsman skill. Its getting a little annoying really.

ACtC-3e8PyYYCZEmayRYhJAg4YnYRBAl-F_xpnetACtC-3em_VVNHQiTbwZlXNxtVO0adOUnG4vhcrWJ

Reese finally gets the kill on that axethrower

ACtC-3fPDAAgcKRmiQZbcYHzVlnaMa98kErUnEUT

And gets a nice little level out of it.

ACtC-3eAadpDv8kruozo2HvqYDFIb08-qpmKlPTz

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

ACtC-3d8QziUubQ4sdpml06Kw2SowyTdmrn-f9pw

Esteban really had to make this whole operation risky didn't he...

ACtC-3egdrIUtlRSK-p1huCcIIy0cm_8ugz_Re-rACtC-3eY1K9AE-bMyPXrA-JgUUu2ZZqYeC2CTYjp

And Faye continues to be lucky with skills, but not with hits...

ACtC-3eD3BWOlphPpykhePaho6n-l_SJGlnS-i0h

Sherlock even manages to add more chip to this fool.

ACtC-3cVzRwqXm_ANly5ikltn8Kwh9pis8dCCWrr

Another round of Sylvis dodge-tanking, which helpfully keeps him from heading in Izerna's direction.

ACtC-3c8GSB3uJ2nEuX16ST_bJ_xWMR3LATTWquB

Unfortunately she misses this round of chip, but she can canto far away...in fact she can canto back far enough to threaten the ones failing to hit Sylvis as well...

ACtC-3ez9ieMd4qnhd8E6MFMwjU5XHVcOARe5qKC

Good riddance you jerk! I know killing/capturing him would get me some extra money, but there is no possible way I am going to risk a ??? attack in an ironman...

And with that we reach turn 25, where

ACtC-3fls41m8GdEC-nfg24bzZ0yYE1fpqG2vEAi

Christine finally reaches Esteban.

ACtC-3dJ2J7dO3Nm-OIwMWpMfhfuBwQL-F0T89ocACtC-3cQ3sk9zj2nciN50BcC9Ta46L3JB6HLItHL

Wow Christine, how did you pick out that this pretty face belonged to Esteban, from the army of rock monsters...

ACtC-3cayw-GCqxfhmafFl_BhqPQOOYUfCBhJManACtC-3cgi__oiO2WfUwtRH7avjaleEKpntsmBkwN

Poor kid is as stupid and desperate as Arina is, he just didn't have the right kind of friends to stop him.

ACtC-3fuAg30BhpQIFRMoZ2dSDGQTvKq3_P7Y7gfACtC-3dBz_NJbv9y22LqBhuWXs0wQIrSBdNRpwFoACtC-3cqKD0_CZUFMrTcKtYbO_BHptkczAGnashgACtC-3exzRFvfp0WyRUAhT7IyyuoSfwYfHBtbp0e

That is a sobering realization for him. I doubt he realizes it, but Esteban joining a bandit gang was just as shocking a realization for Arina.

ACtC-3cYadkhEG5fGe_FZL-kDCleDw4lkUrBMiC4ACtC-3flzlwvbObkLPVyC5RGwq3deEFwADMmoQKs

Esteban is finally seeing the consequences of his rash actions. And with that, the last major objective of the map is completed

ACtC-3f1UBr8znp3AZEwizFcoeMBQaYlzWX3N6AS

and after this dodge, I could complete it anytime...but with the reinforcements having stopped, and I can move the only one in immediate danger, Faye, into a safe space behind some cavs, so I might as well polish off the last of these enemies for the exp.

ACtC-3epQ3a-B0gBLuadSSxU0jU55LYRR3AlxrcDACtC-3dMyITNO_8tDboNpCvNEMF3fJo9d_Q0XOkqACtC-3eWYXUwmKyyZfaD7yaXriDTEU4Svjebvy-g

Its fun to see Axebane be what blocked the hit, but missing in return is unfortunate.

ACtC-3dLiY89NVeLYS7C0TA9fuR5y4fVMSniD3C_ACtC-3d7SFHX2K9EiHaiILOv0bX-SMSk6mGx0Z7v

The misfortune of trying to use a 1 range axe on Sylvis, she can then

ACtC-3dRPfVkm3gscsSKMWkEWYd4ZmQ03Ydr8vbc

finish you off on the same turn.

ACtC-3df1lTMzVpzaud4UFBE6qURXeG1PbwZxCTGACtC-3d9p_EYo4_mVoHpJsOf96pPRIXyJnG6nuGw

Shame Ruby missed this kill, but Sherlock is a nice alternative.

ACtC-3cvpbefnUwNYFW-drKhfWkf4BdyBzyesmHbACtC-3c6Q8VH8MxEmJJ35Im-puR6jpVnLTHqDMpX

If only she had vantage to go with the absurdly high accuracy of crossbows.

ACtC-3fgJeEiU09yaPON-11ffW3ofJkF0C8mvN0e

Axel chips this one down heavily, and

ACtC-3eGA6qq8ErFbPAROMxQH7kjl7ZWgmKnfkGhACtC-3dRv8fddqaJo9Vzhp2GNbv0TVPg6cFEMqAA

Reese gets the kill on the one that took a crossbow bolt on enemy phase.

ACtC-3frN8g1t5sA1HJPU_yRLx4uAtiC36GD3ZO-

This failed attempt to hit Sylvis is the last relevant thing to occur on the turn, and we should be out of here soon

ACtC-3fvQy5po_L2TV4caBw6TLP4gribAmcTOgpT

Sylvis eliminates the one Axel chipped for

ACtC-3c2DmUUK_DaDHjHNd48kQntmIz7jfwtZd1b

a skill filled level.

ACtC-3cy2jI3aYgdO6lQwOgj-VULI_08NNqkZuLfACtC-3dT_7dQn6pVymZkFqw1mZBq7TYkXaoHOgQ3

Sherlock then chips down the last visible enemy for

ACtC-3fDwzp1u9i25TrWBMLGnnN505aQaoCDx5_lACtC-3ctkUux6-9-vyqQvdIY6afSI05dgI3-AJVr

Ruby to grab her last level of the map. I am surprised it didn't give me the option to end the map here, as that is the last enemy I can see, but no major deal as

ACtC-3eJwuUe8V_EX7aYDxE2d9UzG_LilCnklyL4

Reese can arrive this turn anyway. I think I will leave off here for now, and deal with the after chapter story stuff for next time. Take care everyone.

Well that was a roller-coaster of an update.

Spoiler

On 4/16/2021 at 1:22 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

...I wonder...Do characters start with any Luck?

Not to my knowledge.

At least 100 accuracy vantage is still working, but this chip is kind slow at dealing with these guys...

Yeah. Spears are really all about those charge bonuses. They are not all that good for counter attacking at 0 range.

Btw, you do actually get your first point of charge bonus even if you only attack someone adjacent to you. Since initiating 0 range attacks involve you moving in onto your opponents tile. Of course that doesn't work for counter attacks since that involves enemies coming onto your tile.

ACtC-3eJTHtc3KF8Jli0DTiQjc3-hN5T6k81h5h_

...speaking of things that I should have done earlier

Well, that might have already cost her that Luck point.

ACtC-3fGcZKt3X5pwrjTz6ibUd41BIyr0XpKrTkZ

Sherlock? But that guy is right next to Chris in her Crossbow + Aim range.

ACtC-3dXsvZbKqLnQTPVwJnd-lDINlZSCiLj0sClACtC-3eXNahepTQXeqX1P6sF1EAgZ7nsOEqBtdOM

Finally this guy stops dodging.

Only 90% hit? Did you not use Aim here?

...alright maybe I shouldn't be ignoring her as much as I have, as that was a nice levelup.

Crossbows ignore strength. So most stats do actually very little for Christine.

Anyway, 10 crossbow rank... Iron Crossbow has 70% accuracy. Aim adds +33%. So she would have had 113%.
Did that Bandit really have 23 avoid?

ACtC-3eTNA7QPVi0RtaBlAuZN_XLiRIAypG6KHml

Protecting Faye while she sleeps on the job.

You don't need to keep Ward on the horse. This isn't like Thracia or Tear Ring Saga. Here you get to decide whether you want to mount or dismount before moving.
So unless you actually need to use that extra movement right now, keeping him on the horse only results in his horse taking unnecessary damage.

ACtC-3eK9xGgENAjZrqIxRVVyb2vPfZRGbNh3wDW

I wish it told me how long this lasts....

It's random.
On a side note: There is a chance that someone who is asleep will wake up after they are attacked.
Of course even the bulkiest units won't be able to take many hits with their avoid and defense set to 0.

ACtC-3fGpdYufz5344ZgwTaY2TDzDNTF9i6POtW6

This is basically the mandatory first move of the turn at this point.

But Guard should stay active as long as Ward or Faye don't make a move. You should be able to just wait until the end of a turn for Ward to use Guard again.

It's something to keep in mind for something that lasts "until the user's next move". Considering they can move first in one turn and last on the next turn, those effects can essentially last up to 2 turns.

...I can't even look at this...this...thing's stats screen...or movement range...

What the devil am I supposed to do about this? I have no idea how dangerous even being in his range is. I don't even know what his range is... I don't have the luxury of holding Christine back, and while I am not crazy enough to risk a counter attack of ??, if I want to continue this chapter, I am going to have to face an attack from that...

well I guess I could stall a little, before I HAVE to make the decision to risk a ??? attack.

The Obfuscation skill at work.

To reveal the user's stats, you need to get someone with Watchful into 3 range of them. Basically the same as if they were a unit with Hide.
Parking someone right next to them should work too. But I'm not 100% sure I remember this correctly.

And yeah, it would have been pretty bad if that guy attacked Christine. Assassins practically always carry their trademark Assassin Knife, which has a 80% crit chance.
Fortunately he only seems to start getting aggressive once he crosses the bridge and hides in the woods.

Good riddance you jerk! I know killing/capturing him would get me some extra money, but there is no possible way I am going to risk a ??? attack in an ironman...

Although if you've seen one Assassin, you've pretty much seen them all. Dodgy, frail, Assassin Knife and Hide. There is not much variation there.

Edited by BrightBow

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well that was a roller-coaster of an update.

And that is a bad omen if I ever saw one...

ACtC-3dYIXDnaYKGJN8o5X6b5763zmBSAN6hYtpR

No dice. I guess it did get me to notice that he drops an item, so

Yeah, Maim multiplies the chance to cripple, but without injuries or any weapons that increase cripple chance, it still doesn't amount to much. As I believe I said back in the day, Maim is definitely Sylvis's weakest skill. Not that it matters, when her kit is otherwise so absurdly powerful.

ACtC-3e8lwwqAvN6wRD-O1YNzlMmjtzjUmW-pd8v

and an amazing level up.

S P E A R   S K I L L

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...this isn't the end of the world as

Well, if she takes a hit from one of the axemen, chances are she'll wake up. Of course, it's not guaranteed, so...

ACtC-3cmOR3wfubIw4pPouu32W5uHF1Hho1N7gAuACtC-3eArHirVp2KSHnk2P5P1JKx2iqNDQr_ngU3

I can guard her for a while.

...Worst case scenario, you can just do that.

Strength doesn't affect crossbows, unfortunately. She cannot promote until chapter 10, so if you want to use her still, there's still time to have her focus on her bow skill.

ACtC-3fFlWpZ8ijz14fRcPZz33MHAFB7HKnf4CyS

Esteban is so naive. He really thinks these bandits are Robin Hood style noble thieves, stealing just from the rich.

I don't think he really believes it. He's desperately trying to convince himself that he's not about to become a horrible murderer.

Please don't let him.

ACtC-3euH7XdVSeuKyzDBy6o-xkWoxWjWbxqWDYG

...Right, this knife has a crit chance. Well that works.

Holy shit she actually won. That's amazing.

ACtC-3cZuTyTU19YgwuTa-Ve3lD5vlskbgBnaTmA

Ahhh, Garos. Your first taste of Berwick Saga's wonderful, wonderful assassins. He has the Obfuscation skill. It hides all of his stats under similar conditions as the Hide skill - you need to either be next to him or have a unit with Watchful nearby to see what you're dealing with.

And boy, you'd love to see it.

ACtC-3cSCZ6QvI8yzkzqp2W29qylGDHSpjXkQeyO

AND HE IS JUST FUCKING GONE...

...I ...uh...hulghks...

....huh..hu...huugh...

He had this whole dialogue about slicing people to ribbons, and he utterly ignores an adjacent enemy and disappears into the trees.

Hahahahah... Yes, Garos is funny like that. You see, he actually has a similar AI to the priests. He'll use his full movement to advance towards his escape point every turn, but if there's someone next to him when he's done moving, he'll strike. Obviously, attacking Christine here would've required that he didn't move at all, so he just ignored her.

You dodged a bullet there, by the way. Assassins almost always have the assassin's knife, which has... 80 crit. Soooo yeah. Christine could've gotten murdered by Garos very easily.

ACtC-3ecbZ16uZa4-PXqzw4imf7swOsNBIgzK1m4

just die.

Now imagine these guys with higher accuracy, damage and multi-shot equipment.

Fun, huh? Enjoy these early archers while you can.

ACtC-3ez9ieMd4qnhd8E6MFMwjU5XHVcOARe5qKC

That is fine. Few people manage to down Garos in their first run.

ACtC-3cQ3sk9zj2nciN50BcC9Ta46L3JB6HLItHL

Wow Christine, how did you pick out that this pretty face belonged to Esteban, from the army of rock monsters...

She noticed he actually had eyes, unlike the rest.

ACtC-3ctkUux6-9-vyqQvdIY6afSI05dgI3-AJVr

Ruby to grab her last level of the map.

Holy shit she's level 6 already... Her weapon ranks could be looking a bit better, but that's fine.

23 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah. Spears are really all about those charge bonuses. They are not all that good for counter attacking at 0 range.

or with retry attacks... kinda a shame its his only weapon type...

Btw, you do actually get your first point of charge bonus even if you only attack someone adjacent to you. Since initiating 0 range attacks involve you moving in onto your opponents tile. Of course that doesn't work for counter attacks since that involves enemies coming onto your tile.

That is interesting to note...

Sherlock? But that guy is right next to Chris in her Crossbow + Aim range.

Why would I give the exp to someone I am not really using when I could give it to someone I am? Plus it was the only enemy Sherlock was in range of at the time, whereas Christine could have used her attack against the mounted archer if Sherlock got the kill.

Crossbows ignore strength. So most stats do actually very little for Christine.

Well that makes me feel less bad for kind of ignoring her.

Anyway, 10 crossbow rank... Iron Crossbow has 70% accuracy. Aim adds +33%. So she would have had 113%.
Did that Bandit really have 23 avoid?

No, its just the first time having the opportunity to use Aim with a Canto unit, and while I remember that you have to give-up her move to use it, I forgot there was a special exception for Canto. I think she might have been using bronze+ arrows for +10 hit...

You don't need to keep Ward on the horse. This isn't like Thracia or Tear Ring Saga. Here you get to decide whether you want to mount or dismount before moving.
So unless you actually need to use that extra movement right now, keeping him on the horse only results in his horse taking unnecessary damage.

That is a fair point, I probably should have dismounted him while he was guarding...

The Obfuscation skill at work.

To reveal the user's stats, you need to get someone with Watchful into 3 range of them. Basically the same as if they were a unit with Hide.
Parking someone right next to them should work too. But I'm not 100% sure I remember this correctly.

And yeah, it would have been pretty bad if that guy attacked Christine. Assassins practically always carry their trademark Assassin Knife, which has a 80% crit chance.
Fortunately he only seems to start getting aggressive once he crosses the bridge and hides in the woods.

Ugh... I think the most irritating thing about this is that if I moved Christine earlier I could have sated my curiosity about him. Also it would have been nice if the game explained this skill...

You dodged a bullet there, by the way. Assassins almost always have the assassin's knife, which has... 80 crit. Soooo yeah. Christine could've gotten murdered by Garos very easily.

I would need to look at this knife to better judge, as she had over 20 health, which is the max bonus crit damage, although if it got extra attacks, or something other than embarrassing damage like the rest of the knives you are probably right...

Strength doesn't affect crossbows, unfortunately. She cannot promote until chapter 10, so if you want to use her still, there's still time to have her focus on her bow skill.

After chapter 10... I am tempted to ask about promotion, but I am sure the game will explain how it works in due time.

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit she actually won. That's amazing.

I was not optimistic about that fight, but the first time that knife crit really was dramatic there. Although I suspect this is like the Investigation fight with Maham in the chapter 2 map, where damage carries over if you don't win the fight right there, although I didn't get to confirm that...

Hahahahah... Yes, Garos is funny like that. You see, he actually has a similar AI to the priests. He'll use his full movement to advance towards his escape point every turn, but if there's someone next to him when he's done moving, he'll strike. Obviously, attacking Christine here would've required that he didn't move at all, so he just ignored her.

I guess I luck out with that AI quirk (and it explains one of the priests being a jerk...)

Now imagine these guys with higher accuracy, damage and multi-shot equipment.

Fun, huh? Enjoy these early archers while you can.

...yeah that sounds unpleasant.

Holy shit she's level 6 already... Her weapon ranks could be looking a bit better, but that's fine.

The power of favoritism (and the bonus exp from paragon)

I would need to look at this knife to better judge, as she had over 20 health, which is the max bonus crit damage, although if it got extra attacks, or something other than embarrassing damage like the rest of the knives you are probably right...

Don't forget strength is randomly added to knife attacks. Assassins tend to have good strength. Plus, Garos was alone, but in the future you'll find assassins among other packs of enemies, and over 20 unblockable damage isn't something you want to face when there's people around who can finish the job very easily. Not to mention the increased chance of injury that knives have.

All in all, assassins are deceptively nasty. Don't let their dagger use and recolored thief sprites fool you - they're not to be triffled with.

After chapter 10... I am tempted to ask about promotion, but I am sure the game will explain how it works in due time.

I'm... pretty sure it never does, actually. If it does, it's in one of the tactical tips section and I just missed it. Either way, the short explanation is in the spoilers if you want to read it:

Spoiler

For the most part, they depend on your weapon ranks. You have to reach a certain number on each of your weapon ranks (in Christine's case, it's 20 on both) and a certain unit level (10 for Christine), and then there's an event that promotes the unit.

In some cases they have added requirements, like Christine who can't promote until chapter 10 or Ruby and Arthur who need to level up at least once after being permanently recruited before promoting. A handful of units have entirely different requirements, too, such as a certain character who just needs to get 5 magic.