FE4 Remake request: Don't balance the game!

Hanes

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Why wouldn't Horses gain moving on roads, where they arguably are at their most comfortable? I don't think, logically, a human could keep up with a horse, either.

Because horses are not necessarily more comfortable on road than they are on the wilderness, at least compared to humans. The roman legions were able to cross great distances surprisingly fast thanks to the road system they made. Horses are obviously faster in term of top speed over short distances, but when it comes to endurance in marches, it's not necessarily so. Very few animals tops human in endurance and stamina.

Edit: i sent the message whitout completing it lol.

Personally, i think that most of genealogy is a mess and not in a fun way. Messing whit eugenetic is fun, not getting to use your marvels of genetic because they never bought an horse is not. Not getting a double attack in a game balanced around them is incredibly stupid. 

Realism is usually a terrible reason to do anything in a game. Otherwise let's force you to wait 50 turns in front of a castle to simulate starving the people inside untill they surrend. Let's put a  % chance for any character to get an infection after they take damage that if not treated would lead to death or amputation(because poison weapons are already so much fun). Let's make every flyer die after they get it by a sleep staff to simulate them falling from their mount. Let's have any mounted unit move randomly if a fire spell get casted around them to simulate animals fearing fire. And i can do this the whole day.

A game should be fun first and realistic second. Those things may be fun in dwarf fortress because the game revolve around them, but would not be fun in Fire Emblem. Wich is the main problem of genealogy. It randomly tries to be unnecessarily realistic at some point but at the same time prevent you from doing basic realistic thing like trading items around, wich result in a bloody mess.

Edited by Flere210

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If we're going with real-world things, tomes shouldn't be heavier than swords, but here we are. 

I mean, I've always thought that it's not the time literally being heavy but like casting it being harder or something, so not literally weight but if a tkme is hard to pull of it makes sense it's harder to double up on it if it fatigues you etc. Atleast I've always seen it as such.

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's very little that tells you "and then you'll need to run back THIS WAY", getting a unit literally stuck in a dead end wasn't funny

Well I mean to semi-quote Chaz here "It's a war, and not everything will line up perfectly for you to conquer". You're not supposed to have your infantry follow your mounted units all the time, for example in chapter 2 your other guys can stay and prepare to assault the 3rd castle; in chapter 3 they can prepare to fight Chagall. Or something like Chapter 7 where Seliph goes up the mountain and everyone else fights below, and though mounted units will fight first they can't take down an entire army by themselves and by then your foot army will have gotten there (usually 1-2 turns max, not a million like everyone likes to pretend) to help out and since everyone mounted was stuck fighting they didn't get much ahead.

You get the point.

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I mean, I've always thought that it's not the time literally being heavy but like casting it being harder or something, so not literally weight but if a tkme is hard to pull of it makes sense it's harder to double up on it if it fatigues you etc. Atleast I've always seen it as such.

It's four times as hard to cast a spell than it is to swing a sword?  I think weapon weight also factors into dodging, and why would having a book make it harder to move out of the way of an arrow?  By this logic, wouldn't it be much harder for the armored guy to get out of the way of a Thunder cast than a mage in regular clothing?

4 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well I mean to semi-quote Chaz here "It's a war, and not everything will line up perfectly for you to conquer". You're not supposed to have your infantry follow your mounted units all the time, for example in chapter 2 your other guys can stay and prepare to assault the 3rd castle; in chapter 3 they can prepare to fight Chagall. Or something like Chapter 7 where Seliph goes up the mountain and everyone else fights below, and though mounted units will fight first they can't take down an entire army by themselves and by then your foot army will have gotten there (usually 1-2 turns max, not a million like everyone likes to pretend) to help out and since everyone mounted was stuck fighting they didn't get much ahead.

You get the point.

"Oh, and if you don't move a specific unit to this specific castle at this specific time, you miss a recruitment".  And while you may like having a bunch of empty turns where you move your army, I think it's a colossal waste of time.  No, I'm not interested in a time-lapse thing, I'm here for numbers, and Fury's about to eat it.

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's four times as hard to cast a spell than it is to swing a sword

Possibly! Yes! While you're casting the spell you feel an aura forming around you pushing you about and/or weighing you down and you have to hold on to it to chant the spell at the same time, I'm not saying that process is Canon but it's an easy way to imagine the way spells work. Swinging a sword would be infinitely easier than that (even with it weighing more)

And while you may like having a bunch of empty turns where you move your army, I think it's a colossal waste of time.

Whilst doing that you're watching the enemy move about too or the story unfold, adding to the tension upon getting to the combat and also you're working around the enemy's range to see where they'll attack you and position around it and also moving in such a way to pair them up and build love points.

"Oh, and if you don't move a specific unit to this specific castle at this specific time, you miss a recruitment"

Well... not only does FE4 have a generous save file system, it also isn't absolutely bad if you miss out something on a blind playthrough, but generally characters talk in a way to let you know how to recruit them and missing out on them isn't a death sentence. I lost Lucius on my first FE7 run because I didn't know how to get him and didn't really notice but I beat the game just fine.

But I mean let's be honest, you looked up a guide to recruit someone, everyone did! You would know where someone would be if the game didn't already make it obvious enough. Ayra is as much of a difficulty to know how to recruit characters as it will get in this game.

3 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Possibly! Yes! While you're casting the spell you feel an aura forming around you pushing you about and/or weighing you down and you have to hold on to it to chant the spell at the same time, I'm not saying that process is Canon but it's an easy way to imagine the way spells work. Swinging a sword would be infinitely easier than that (even with it weighing more)

. . .yeah, not buying it.  A for effort, though.

3 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Whilst doing that you're watching the enemy move about too or the story unfold, adding to the tension upon getting to the combat and also you're working around the enemy's range to see where they'll attack you and position around it and also moving in such a way to pair them up and build love points.

You see it as story-building, I see it as wasted time.

Don't get me started on the love system, because good luck if you want to pair Noishe with Ayra (as an example).

5 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well... not only does FE4 have a generous save file system, it also isn't absolutely bad if you miss out something on a blind playthrough, but generally characters talk in a way to let you know how to recruit them and missing out on them isn't a death sentence. I lost Lucius on my first FE7 run because I didn't know how to get him and didn't really notice but I beat the game just fine.

But I mean let's be honest, you looked up a guide to recruit someone, everyone did! You would know where someone would be if the game didn't already make it obvious enough. Ayra is as much of a difficulty to know how to recruit characters as it will get in this game.

This isn't good game design.  Thracia's in the same boat, but at least I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind it (which was a dumb reason. . .but still a reason. . .and probably why the general design of FE4 is just as bad).

2 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Missing a character on genealogy is a pretty huge deal lol. Missing erynis means getting a shitty flyer for 70% of gen2 and a mhe sage instead of the most awesome footlocked unit in the game.

which means nothing if you're playing genealogy for the first time and have little to zero knowledge about the game, aside from some story spoilers maybe

you're making statements as someone who already played genealogy at least once and knows its gameplay elements, units and so on, but this rule doesn't apply to everyone

not getting some canon children, or even all of them, doesn't mean you can't beat the game or enjoy it in general

Edited by Yexin

4 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Everyone talks about appealing to the casual fans but like come on, people aren't braindead to not try other games and they may even enjoy FE4 as their first game, I mean, most other SNES communities view the game as a good one with a good story and fun gameplay, but go into a FE forum (the place of FE fans) and suddenly it's a tremendously mixed bag? How perplexing...

There's just too much wrong with the game that makes it unfun to play. The massive amounts of backtracking sucks, the fact you have to cover massive amounts of ground before you even start fighting is immersion breaking, and having to constantly slow down so your infantry can see combat with anything resembling regularity is not cool either. And that's not even getting into the many, MANY balance problems - is it really okay for axes to be stupidly heavy? Or for fire magic to be heavy to the point where it can't even claim to beat wind? This is just scratching the surface.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Yeah, no. I'd probably be trying to avoid being bored to sleep thanks to the slooooooooooow enemy phases.

The less I have to say about the sack of shit the love system is, the better.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Arden and that other pain in the ass aren't going to get any better, eh ? 😛

Things that I'd add would be, some sort of support alike in place of the lover system, or anything else because good luck with how it works, maybe a prep screen where you can take a closer look at things... I dunno. Eclipse have the right idea about quality of life improvement.

Oh and, IS you're gonna be nice and not going to erase the incest m'okay ? I like my heretical pairing.

FE4 is extremely casual unfriendly, which make sense since it seems you're supposed to learn while playing then "oh so that's how it's work" and "if it's like that, that mean I can do that". Or use a guide, which wasn't an option at the time, but was definitely one for us. 😛

Hmmm, what do you think about combat arts ?

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I mean that work in SoV and 3H, there's no tomes, so it's probably like that.
What cracks me up in when you look at the official design FE1/3/4, and you just look at the size of the so called tomes ! XD

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

Would like the option to improve a character's weapon ranks, just because I see it as an artificial limiter

I'm conflicted about it, you're right, but that's why Holy Blood is there.
But it would be cool if your units could become better at weapons in some way.

21 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

i honestly wouldn't add them

in SoV they were fine since Gaiden wasn't exactly a master example of battle mechanics, it was just "brute force vs brute force", and positioning wasn't really a thing, except for woods and gravesa

Genealogy absolutely isn't like that, so imo adding them would undermine the whole combat system which is balanced around skills, weapons, weight, speed, proximity of the Main Character and/or to a unit with Charm to gain Hit and Evasion bonuses, proximity of a sibling or a lover to get a chance to land critical hits, and so on

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

If we're going with real-world things, tomes shouldn't be heavier than swords, but here we are.  Also, do you know what everyone's movement would look like on a road, assuming that cavalry didn't have the bonus?  This is one of those things that you should calculate out before replying.

The game's unfun. 

How do they fix the issues without gutting the game? I agree with the TC, for example, they dont need to kill holy weapons for the sake of balance.

I dont want the game to be just like any other FE game either. 

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

which means nothing if you're playing genealogy for the first time and have little to zero knowledge about the game, aside from some story spoilers maybe

you're making statements as someone who already played genealogy at least once and knows its gameplay elements, units and so on, but this rule doesn't apply to everyone

not getting some canon children, or even all of them, doesn't mean you can't beat the game or enjoy it in general

I could beat it playing it blind whit pretty much no pairing. It was not enjoyable and i came very close to restarting the game because of certain bottlenecks. Keep in mind that first timer would also not have yet the skill necessary to beat the game whit worse units.

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

yeah, not buying it.  A for effort, though.

😢

SF messed up my order but I agree with Yexin here @B.Leu

You see it as story-building, I see it as wasted time.

Don't get me started on the love system, because good luck if you want to pair Noishe with Ayra (as an example).

Well this part can't be debated since it's just opinion.

Well then you slow down Noish, "but then he doesn't fight", well there's an arena if levels somehow become an issue and if he needs to fight he can speed up to full 9 move + roads.

This isn't good game design.

What isn't? Having to look up something? Like I stated there, you generally don't need to. And reading the manual is far better than being forced down tutorial-lane in my opinion. Or is missing out the bad design? In that case I disagree, a blind playthrough will be full of you missing stuff, that's kinda the point and the fun of a first playthrough and after that playthrough it shouldn't become a problem.

3 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Missing a character on genealogy is a pretty huge deal lol. Missing erynis means getting a shitty flyer for 70% of gen2 and a mhe sage instead of the most awesome footlocked unit in the game.

I second what Yexin said here:

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

the fact you have to cover massive amounts of ground before you even start fighting is immersion breaking

I really disagree with this oversaturated opinion. People just look at the maps and say this but never speak about it in practice. But almost every map fighting comes on turn 2 and after that batch of enemies it takes you 2 or 3 turns to move, you're planning your movement for the next turn two, I don't think that's bad.

Spoiler

I'll only cover Gen 1 because I fucked up this part and have to write it all over again!!!

Prologue you can fight since turn 1, and then turn 2. Though most people can bear it so I guess that's not saying much.

Chapter 1 is fighting since turn 2, and there's stuff going on with Dew. I don't view waiting one turn as a problem, many maps do this even in smaller map games and you do plan out your movement and all.

Chapter 2 has fighting on 2nd/3rd turn and the next batch will take you 2 to 3 (or 4 turns if you're very cautious which I can't blame you). The next part isn't as bad for your mounted boys and your foot units will just return thereafter but then... yeah then it sucks.

Chapter 3 has two batches of enemies at the start, one of them is 2 turns away and the other is 2-3 turns away. The foot units that stayed too far in the back can fight Eldigan's knights and from there you warp Sigurd to the north castle. The warp staff is in the game, it was intended to be used so that's not an argument against it.

Chapter 4 you fight from 2 to 2 turns after finishing every batch of enemies. The mountain path is one of the worst parts though but it's trekked around in 2 to 3 turns and there are enemies.

Chapter 5 starts very intense, with enemies coming from the back, a legion stopping you up north to meet Byron and the axe knights are closing in on him. And after that there's a batch of enemies near the first castle, then you cross but-not-really the desert and fight some enemies there and then 3 turns to Reptor and Wooo! You've done the first gen.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

the slooooooooooow enemy phases

I agree on this, they need to be faster though I kind of enjoy the big armies clashing.

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

FE4 is extremely casual unfriendly, which make sense since it seems you're supposed to learn while playing then "oh so that's how it's work" and "if it's like that, that mean I can do that". Or use a guide, which wasn't an option at the time, but was definitely one for us. 😛

Exactly! That can be fun too!! We don't need a tutorial for everything.

57 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I honestly think FE4 is a great game, but the fact that horses exist blind people to that. Well, that and the maps.

Yeah, they also forget the existence of roads and that everyone except mages and clerics ( like in PoR, this pisses me of) have +1 movement.

39 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Keep in mind that first timer would also not have yet the skill necessary to beat the game whit worse units.

Well sure but 1.- people facing difficult scenarios isn't all bad, a challenging part from now on isn't the end of the world and 2.- You have powerful guys like Seliph (even without inheritance he will eventually become very strong), Shannan, Ares, Altena and several others to help you through the worst scenarios. I see you maybe missing out on Ares because it may look like he is the bad guy but recruiting Altena is very hinted at so you won't miss her, probably.

God this was long...

Edited by This boi uses Nino

Most games allow you to select the difficulty onnthe beginning, they don't test your ability to understand whatever was on Kaga mind and then assign you a difficulty for the second half of the game. If there was some foreshadowing for the second generation existing i could understand, but as things are you are punished for not fulfilling an objective that you never knew existed. 

Edited by Flere210

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

i honestly wouldn't add them

in SoV they were fine since Gaiden wasn't exactly a master example of battle mechanics, it was just "brute force vs brute force", and positioning wasn't really a thing, except for woods and gravesa

Genealogy absolutely isn't like that, so imo adding them would undermine the whole combat system which is balanced around skills, weapons, weight, speed, proximity of the Main Character and/or to a unit with Charm to gain Hit and Evasion bonuses, proximity of a sibling or a lover to get a chance to land critical hits, and so on

52 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

SF messed up my order but I agree with Yexin here @B.Leu

It's alright, I didn't truly believed it either, and Yexin's arguments fully convinced me.

Althought... well, there's repositions "combat" art, but I think it'll just add a layer of headache.

32 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Most games allow you to select the difficulty onnthe beginning, they don't test your ability to understand whatever was on Kaga mind and then assign you a difficulty for the second half of the game. If there was some foreshadowing for the second generation existing i could understand, but as things are you are punished for not fulfilling an objective that you never knew existed. 

Well, I'm almost sure that you'll be about to choose the difficulty if FE4 gets a remake. I wonder how they'll tackle the second gen, choosing another difficulty ?
The concept of a FE4 remake is almost eldritch since it's the oddball with Gaiden, except even more different, and as like Yexin said, gaiden is brute orriented.

22 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Althought... well, there's repositions "combat" art, but I think it'll just add a layer of headache.

Oh no, not at all! While I'm still conflicted wether rescue should exist or would break the dynamic of the game, Reposition, shove, etc. I really like as concepts!

18 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Personally, i think that most of genealogy is a mess and not in a fun way. Messing whit eugenetic is fun, not getting to use your marvels of genetic because they never bought an horse is not. Not getting a double attack in a game balanced around them is incredibly stupid. 

A game should be fun first and realistic second. Those things may be fun in dwarf fortress because the game revolve around them, but would not be fun in Fire Emblem. Wich is the main problem of genealogy. It randomly tries to be unnecessarily realistic at some point but at the same time prevent you from doing basic realistic thing like trading items around, wich result in a bloody mess.

Not getting to double attack is a negative of said unit, in my opinion. Some units (like Raphael for example) in 3H can't double ever anyways, so therefore, the entire game is stupid?

If everyone could double all of the time, the game would be boring, easily.

See I don't mind the things like not trading, or having to repair weapons rather than just buy new.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not getting to double attack is a negative of said unit, in my opinion. Some units (like Raphael for example) in 3H can't double ever anyways, so therefore, the entire game is stupid?

If everyone could double all of the time, the game would be boring, easily.

See I don't mind the things like not trading, or having to repair weapons rather than just buy new.

And is a negative way too big. Raphael is indeed on the bottom tier of 3H because of that, and this is in a game whit gauntlets and combat arts limitong the impact of speed. Genealogy is the opposite, creating 2 conditions for lacking pursuit, wich makes even Lewyn whit forseti a relatively mhe unit(footlocked and can't even one round consistently).

There are other poorly balanced games, such as RD or Revelations, but genealogy looks like their problems stem much more from sheer incompetence. When it comes to units like Tormod or Rev!Odin the devs just could not fail to realize that their aviability make them unplayable, they decided to make them bad for whatever reason. I can't think the same for most of genealogy bad units.

3 hours ago, Flere210 said:

And is a negative way too big. Raphael is indeed on the bottom tier of 3H because of that, and this is in a game whit gauntlets and combat arts limitong the impact of speed. Genealogy is the opposite, creating 2 conditions for lacking pursuit, wich makes even Lewyn whit forseti a relatively mhe unit(footlocked and can't even one round consistently).

There are other poorly balanced games, such as RD or Revelations, but genealogy looks like their problems stem much more from sheer incompetence. When it comes to units like Tormod or Rev!Odin the devs just could not fail to realize that their aviability make them unplayable, they decided to make them bad for whatever reason. I can't think the same for most of genealogy bad units.

So in the end, pursuit isnt the issue, it's that double strikes are ungodly broken in any iteration of FE 

17 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

What isn't? Having to look up something? Like I stated there, you generally don't need to. And reading the manual is far better than being forced down tutorial-lane in my opinion. Or is missing out the bad design? In that case I disagree, a blind playthrough will be full of you missing stuff, that's kinda the point and the fun of a first playthrough and after that playthrough it shouldn't become a problem.

Thee thing is, these days video games don't come with manuals. 

Yeah, they also forget the existence of roads and that everyone except mages and clerics ( like in PoR, this pisses me of) have +1 movement.

Because roads, like everything else, favour horses because they have more movement, meaning they get that much farther ahead of your infantry, which means what the fuck was the point of my infantry units? Not helping matters is that ALL mounted units get move increases when promoting, while aside from foot units that become mounted after promotion, only one foot class gets boosted movement.

I really disagree with this oversaturated opinion. People just look at the maps and say this but never speak about it in practice. But almost every map fighting comes on turn 2 and after that batch of enemies it takes you 2 or 3 turns to move, you're planning your movement for the next turn two, I don't think that's bad.

Bullshit. What about stuff like Fury/Erinys (or whatever her official English name is)? That's not good design. And this is the same game where I HAVE to pair my units off if I don't want to suffer later (not to mention having the story suffer for it). And I still think having a lot of turns of empty movement be a common thing is terrible design.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 3/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

I hope when IS remakes FE4 that they don't try to balance everything by nerfing it all, I mean it's a single player game so why is exact balance so important?

But ignoring that, the holy weapons are broken exactly because they are meant to be powerful storywise. And it's fine that certain units are broken and certain bosses are extremely hard to kill, as the war goes on it's only logical that only the most powerful commanders on the continent remain alive or that Holy-blood descendants are incredibly powerful.

I just hope they don't try to adjust *this and that* with the game's numbers because then it would lose a great part of this game for me, which is the way it can be broken

Thoughts?

Outside of the DS remakes where they only balanced classes, since when has IS balanced any remake? They certainly didn't balance Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:43 PM, B.Leu said:

Arden and that other pain in the ass aren't going to get any better, eh ? 😛

Based off Shadows of Valentia, they'll likely get even worse.

8 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Raphael is indeed on the bottom tier of 3H because of that, and this is in a game whit gauntlets and combat arts limitong the impact of speed. Genealogy is the opposite,

I think both games are pretty heavy on doubling not being the end all be all. FE3H has many skills or niches to make units usable even when they don't double. FE4 is also like this, while pursuit is godly broken, you also have other skills that can help with damage output or simple utilities for those units, like healing for example, or maybe the brave weapons or the pursuit ring or any other ring, etc.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Thee thing is, these days video games don't come with manuals. 

A shame really but it was the point of SNES games back then, and I don't think Kaga had emulation in mind when he made his game. Even today though there's electronic manuals, on 3DS games anyways and they're shit but something is something I guess.

Because roads, like everything else, favour horses because they have more movement, meaning they get that much farther ahead of your infantry, which means what the fuck was the point of my infantry units?

Yes they do, that's not entirely bad though. And your infantry serves as bulk. Even though your mounted units are also good, the enemy density is a little high in every batch of enemies so your mounted units may get surrounded, and then your infantry arrives to help if there's any problems with that. And they can also serve as guardposts for the next objective, like in Chapter 3 with the cross knights or it's previous chapter with the Shaman-guy castle or in chapter 7 where Seliph goes to recruit Ares and conquer the castle and your foot units are heading down to Ishtornto get ready to fight.

What about stuff like Fury/Erinys (or whatever her official English name is)? That's not good design.

Her recruitment you mean? What is not good design about her? That she doesn't benefit from roads?

And this is the same game where I HAVE to pair my units off if I don't want to suffer later (not to mention having the story suffer for it).

Well you don't need to have everyone together all the time, if you need to rush go for it! And when things calm down a bit then you can give Ayra and Lex (for example) some time together. I wouldn't say it's an entirely bad system but it's just too slow, if love growth was significantly faster then I'd be ok with it.

And I still think having a lot of turns of empty movement be a common thing is terrible design.

Well the thing is it's empty movement for some units at different times. Usually, if not always, something is going on atleast one side, be it a burning village or some fighting, etc.

But I guess we'll just have to disagree here, to me it enriches the worldbuilding by giving you a sense of how big these places are and it fits with the "International" feel the game has rather than like in FE7 where battles happen in this small place or that other corner but in FE4 it's a country vs. another country, not just some random skirmish, it's just my opinion at the end of the day though.

59 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Outside of the DS remakes where they only balanced classes, since when has IS balanced any remake? They certainly didn't balance Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Well I mean they did try to tamper with the games "numbers" in Echoes (stats of weapons and other stuff; growths and bases were fine IMO). Like for example the movement ring which was +5 movement and called your speed got reduced to 10 speed and one movement, it was broken but that was its purpose.

Just now, This boi uses Nino said:

Well I mean they did try to tamper with the games "numbers" in Echoes (stats of weapons and other stuff; growths and bases were fine IMO). Like for example the movement ring which was +5 movement and called your speed got reduced to 10 speed and one movement, it was broken but that was its purpose.

If anything removing that made the game much more broken as the already awful 4 move Barons who already had to compete with mounts and 7 movement Dread Fighters, now have absolutely nothing to patch their movement which is truly bad even by armor standards.

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

If anything removing that made the game much more broken

Broken as in OP, but it being broken was a necessary evil to give Barons a fighting chance.

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Broken as in OP, but it being broken was a necessary evil to give Barons a fighting chance.

Basically IS needs to learn if they remove some broken things like the movement giving ring, then they shouldn't leave others like Armored units being 3 movement other infantry, and add new like giving 5 range the already broken Bow Knight great accuracy growth and giving the also absurd Dread Fighters the ability to halve all magic damage in a game filled to the brim with magic users.

Like its less balancing and more just pointlessly messing around with the game engine.