Similarities I've noticed between Naruto and 3H as narratives

I dunno if it's because I'm just a huge narutard but three house's narrative reminds of Naruto in a lot of ways. Edelgard and Sasuke(at least by the end of the series) pretty much share the exact same goal in wanting to reform what they view as a failing system that has caused both them and the world at large immense suffering. They both intend to do this by killing the current world leaders(The five kage for Sasuke and Rhea/Claude/Dimitri for Edelgard). They also both lost their families due to the failures of the system which allowed for the slaughtering of the uchiha clan or the Agarthan's crest experimentation. I'm not trying to say one character is better than another here but it's just I noticed a lot of similarities. It's an interesting observation I've noticed. Even thematically these stories seem pretty similiar. Naruto is a story about two boys despertely trying to understand each other and the world around them in order to overcome their own loneliness. It's their failure to do so that causes of the internal conflict for both of them. Three houses(as far as I can tell anyway) is a story about each learning from Byleth to be true to themselves and others, so that they may reach out to one another and create a world everyone can be happy in. I dunno these observations could be a stretch but I dunno I've been re watching Naruto recently and this just sort of popped into my head. What do you all think?

And Naruto is like cu chulain because he was trained by an overpowered sensei whit a rival, fought a villain related to said sensei, fought his rival in an huge climatic battle, transformed in a monster after getting angry at the death of a loved one and so on.

Lots of stories are similar to older stories and it usually does not means much because most trope are older than Jesus. 

Edit: i did not want to sound so blunt, it's just that Naruto's fandoms often act like every battle shonen into existence copies Naruto every time one of them use a common trope and they are getting on my nerve.

Edited by Flere210

I think these observations are a stretch. Sasuke is supposed to be wrong about his revolution, which was something he came up with in the last chapters of Naruto, and Naruto is supposed to be right. Edelgard is not necessarily supposed to be incorrect about her revolution. Three Houses is a tragic story where the lords can never come together and at least one of them has to die which is not the case in Naruto where the protagonists survive. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2020 at 3:54 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Isn't Dimitri more the parallel for Sasuke as both go insane due to their quest for revenge. 

I guess the ones coming up for the final map of the Golden Deer route could have watched Naruto's war arc due to both having a zombie apocalypse. 

Yeah. I totally think that Dimitri was going down the Sasuke path when I got to his half of the time-skip arc in Three Houses. The only difference was that Dimitri finally snapped out of his psychopathic desire for revenge due to Rodrigue's death towards the end of the seventeenth chapter of his path whereas Sasuke snapped out of his revenge streak by losing his left arm in both the animé and manga.

Edited by SierraGust
It was short.