GHB- Flame Emperor: The Bringer of War

TheSilentChloey

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Gee, wish that happened to me...

lol, I wish I could get some DC fodder.  I've only ever gotten like one extra Hector in 3+ years of playing.

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@NSSKG151 Damn, really nice Anna. I tried to pull for NYAnna but didn't get her, unfortunately. All those rapid fire Icebergs just looked unfair lol.

Thanks! It's fun having a unit that is able to constantly shoot off a powerful Iceberg. Sorry to hear you didn't get NY!Anna. Hopefully you get her someday.

Edited by NSSKG151

I pulled a lot of Summer Lyn on the recent Double Special banner. She seems to be a merge project for me now, but before I merge them all I wanted to try this:

Four Summer Lyn is a surprisingly effective team, mainly due to Reposition being part of her default kit. Only my original Lyn from her debut banner here has had any skills inherited, the rest from the recent banner are just levelled up with crystals and using default skills. They actually rock all the units on this map, the only problem was the green mage which none of them could touch without being one shot back. The solution came from Lyn having Distant Guard in her default skillset; stack enough of that and she can barely survive. This was a pretty fun clear to do!

I also did a one turn clear:

Female Byleth is the mvp here, barely taking down the Emperor and making the map crack. I'm very content with having given her Galeforce. Ross was also great as a faster alternative to Cherche, which let him beat the Close Call lance fighter. Tana is awesome as well, of course.

@mampfoid @daisy jane @Maaka @mcsilas @Zeo @Landmaster @Diovani Bressan

On 3/10/2020 at 6:10 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@LordFrigid I redid my Saizo video, now without taking damage. Can I have those "no damage" style points now?

Yes, you most certainly can. Is this a bad time to mention that I’m not actually keeping track of style points?

On 3/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@LordFrigid I love Idunn... I wish I got like... one. My friend uses a +10 one with Summoner Support and DC Special Fighter Pulse Smoke in AR, and he doesn't need his brain.

Someday, I’d like to get to that point. I was sad when the 3rd unit on the Idunn & Fae BHB banner was Roy.

Nice work on that clear! Sothis had a close shave with those mages at the start, but Sirius+Wrath proved too powerful in the end. I really liked the use of Creator Sword to show the Flame Emperor just what you thought about Guard Axe and Wary Fighter.

Yes yes, I am very late. Finals week is very stressful, but that's finally out of the way~ On top of that, I was trying to do a theme clear with the Blue Lions and I just couldn’t do it. I did get a Clear with M!Byleth replacing Mercedes but it wasn’t as interesting, so I didn’t bother recording it~

GIVE ME MORE BLUE LION UNITS, IS

+10 Elise makes her debut! She didn’t get too much action here, but it was pretty even all around~ I may try to still do the BL clear since I've got some time now~

@Nowi's Husband - That Blazing Thunder strategy was impressive. Even more Impressive was Nowi taking of Flame Emperor all on her own.

@Diovani Bressan - Saizo the Fifth is still very impressive, he didn’t even need to rely on the Defense tile for anything

@Maaka - Of course god Bartre is able to tank an Ignis. Quadding Florina is perfect for those thicc Armors

@Sasori - Lots of ting tings against Tobin. That was pretty clever creating a chokepoint on the right side. Allowed for some nice teamwork with Tobin and Kliff. Donnel ended up winning the Moonbow square off. Well done or the villagers~

@NSSKG151 - Lots of pink/red hair and ponytails~ I like this theme~ That is a really crazy OG!Anna, both of them have been fed some great food~

@LordFrigid - The return of RAAAAVEEN~ ER or WOM L!Leif sounds like the most evil experience.

Idunn doing Idunn things is bonkers as expected but don’t think I didn’t catch that Pegasus Flight on Caeda~ 

@Alexmender -  Omegatank W!Sothis is my favorite type of W!Sothis. It was even better that you didn’t even need to bother with the Defense tile. Flame Emperor is pretty uneccesarily THICC but Byleth managed to hang on for the win~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - More Sothis clears, you all have great taste. That Flame Emperor tank from Byleth was wild. Sothis also impressively handled a lot. Really nice!

@Rezzy - Can’t really go wrong with Fjorm. Poor Barrier Lance Fighter got used to Celica ting tinging and didn’t see that nuke coming

@BoaFerox - Imagine getting 4 perfect IV Summer Lyns, when will I ever?~ This is also the best theme clear I’ve ever seen so that is a grand achievement~ Poor Flame Emperor should have just let that Refrigerator get himself killed. Maybe he could have saved himself~

The one-turn I saw already but there’s never too much super saiyan Ross.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@NSSKG151 - Lots of pink/red hair and ponytails~ I like this theme~ That is a really crazy OG!Anna, both of them have been fed some great food~

What can I say, I like my red headed girls. I'm still hoping that someday that Anna from Awakening and Fates gets added to Heroes so then I can have an "Anna Emblem" team. In the meantime I'm making due with similar looking substitutes.

Also, nice clear with your Elise team. Apparently the Flame Emperor is weak to carrots. Makes me reminisce of how Wart is defeated in Super Mario Bros 2

It's a shame it is not really feasible to do a Blue Lions theme team yet. I would like to see Ashe, Ingrid, Felix (and just about everyone else still missing from the Blue Lions gang) get put into Heroes someday.

I feel so stupid, the answer was so easy~

All I needed to do was get Mercie in on the action to help her bestie from having to take too many hits~

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Landmaster What a great video! I really liked your green hair Elise... she is pretty strong! And congrats again for the +10 Elise.

Greenlise is bestlise!

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

What can I say, I like my red headed girls. I'm still hoping that someday that Anna from Awakening and Fates gets added to Heroes so then I can have an "Anna Emblem" team. In the meantime I'm making due with similar looking substitutes.

Also, nice clear with your Elise team. Apparently the Flame Emperor is weak to carrots. Makes me reminisce of how Wart is defeated in Super Mario Bros 2

It's a shame it is not really feasible to do a Blue Lions theme team yet. I would like to see Ashe, Ingrid, Felix (and just about everyone else still missing from the Blue Lions gang) get put into Heroes someday.

Hope you eventually get that Anna Emblem! Would be cool if she had Levin Sword~

I got the Blue Lions one done! Didn't even need to promote Mercie~ And same, I'm really hoping Ashe or Ingrid get in on the next Banner~

SCRATCH THAT, WHERE IS MY BOI DEDUEEEEEEE

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I got the Blue Lions one done! Didn't even need to promote Mercie~ And same, I'm really hoping Ashe or Ingrid get in on the next Banner~

I'm hoping it could happen soon since Awakening and Fates are likely to get New Heroes banners in the coming months. It would be nice to see Anna with Levin Sword though she is probably going to end up as a dagger unit since every thief class character got turned into a dagger unit in Heroes. Levin Sword is probably going to end up as a prf weapon for a Robin alt anyways.

Nice Blue Lion clear! Annette sure put in the work and I was surprised to see Byleth tank an Ignis from Flame Emperor.

I keep hoping the reason Dedue isn't in yet is because they are going to implement a gauntlet weapon type into Heroes someday and he will one of the first to use them but he really should have been on the banner Hubert and Hilda debuted on.

12 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Imagine getting 4 perfect IV Summer Lyns, when will I ever?~ This is also the best theme clear I’ve ever seen so that is a grand achievement~ Poor Flame Emperor should have just let that Refrigerator get himself killed. Maybe he could have saved himself~

The one-turn I saw already but there’s never too much super saiyan Ross.

It's easy

Wow, that is a grand achievement! I shall remember that whenever I feel awful having lost in AR; at least I make nice theme clears! Thanks for the praise! Yeah, Flame Emperor was just too obsessed with moving people around with Reposition, and that sealed his fate... And what an unfortunate fate it was, I mean what are the odds that four identical women wielding armor effective weapons would waltz into this map looking for the beach? You just can't plan ahead for stuff like that.

The same can be said for your Elise, you're never ready for an armor piercing carrot. +10 Elise is looking fantastic, and so is your new Annette in the BL clear! Very nice how Mercedes turned out to be the solution helping Annette as well. Great clears!

On 3/10/2020 at 3:21 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@Sasori Wow! Villagers! What a great clear. One thing came to my mind:

Reveal hidden contents

XrZgAdg.png

If I put more effort in my presentation that would have definately been my thumbnail. That and if I recalled the villager heroes manga😅

Also neat Saizo clear. Its not a unit you see around often. That hat also looks cool on him.

On 3/10/2020 at 11:02 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Sasori Lol, didn't let them get past the wall at all with Tobin. That was impressive.

Haha it shows that you should never count Tobin out.

I haven't gotten any Sothis' yet, but your clear showed why she was strong enough to be in the finals in the last voting gauntlet. Nice clear. Also again nice hat on the dagger unit.

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I feel so stupid, the answer was so easy~

All I needed to do was get Mercie in on the action to help her bestie from having to take too many hits~

Greenlise is bestlise!

@Sasori - Lots of ting tings against Tobin. That was pretty clever creating a chokepoint on the right side. Allowed for some nice teamwork with Tobin and Kliff. Donnel ended up winning the Moonbow square off. Well done or the villagers~

Nice best house clear even if IS doesn't seem to share that opinion. Also hoping For Ashe/Ingrid/Sylvain.....I'm fairly certain no hope can get Dedue in though. Being a big guy lowers your chance by a lot. Kinda wishing I had the orbs to spare for Anette now that I see her in action.

Its good to bring out Kliff once again. That speed bane annoys me, but he could safely chip from behind Tobin.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:03 PM, LordFrigid said:

Someday, I’d like to get to that point. I was sad when the 3rd unit on the Idunn & Fae BHB banner was Roy.

Nice work on that clear! Sothis had a close shave with those mages at the start, but Sirius+Wrath proved too powerful in the end. I really liked the use of Creator Sword to show the Flame Emperor just what you thought about Guard Axe and Wary Fighter.

Yeah, that banner was pretty lame.

It's funny that Sword of the Creator just counters Flame Emperor's base kit. It was meant to be.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:47 PM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - More Sothis clears, you all have great taste. That Flame Emperor tank from Byleth was wild. Sothis also impressively handled a lot. Really nice!

I do quite like Sothis as well.

The Elises didn't struggle with this at all. That Ignis was no Bignis.

On 3/13/2020 at 12:13 PM, Sasori said:

Haha it shows that you should never count Tobin out.

I haven't gotten any Sothis' yet, but your clear showed why she was strong enough to be in the finals in the last voting gauntlet. Nice clear. Also again nice hat on the dagger unit.

Indeed...

I quite like the hat on Kronya.

Speaking of Kronya, I did a """no damage run""" myself. Memed.

@Alexmender @Zeo @mcsilas

Okay so this is suppper late but...I had a lot of clear ideas so I wanted to do it in one super post. Firstly, some comment, but I'll put it in a spoiler for length:

Spoiler

@BoaFerox

Awesome one-turn clear! Love seeing Brave GF Ross and Tana sure was speedy with her Brave Lance. Bylass also put in great work. I love how Ross had a mask as he stepped into the Spd Smoke zone from Bylass.

Also that's a lot of Reposi- I mean Summer Lyns! If you have enough of a unit you can survive anything? Lol lucky for her Distant Guard!

@Landmaster I love all the "What-" lines from the BL clear haha. Annette is a beast! Mercie's Gravity sure was a key moment. Would've been more epic if Dimitiri defeated the Flame Emperor but understandably Byleth demolished the FE with ease.

Also wooo congrats on +10 Elise! Red dragon Elise was also a beast with DC. Green Elise just demolishes with those bladetomes.

@Rezzy I love how Celica when from 0 tink damage on the lance unit, to suddenly Blazing Light then 22 damage. Brazen effects sure are addicting. Fjorm also handled the right side early on quite well.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Clearly Hilda is the 5th route's house leader. Creator Sword sure counters the Flame Emperor very well. Sothis sure is a goddess with her Sirius special and I love how Hilda cleaned up during the end.

Also, awesome Kronya clear! F!Takumi is a perfect partner for her, smart team composition. Love the perfect damage against the Flame Emperor!

@Alexmender A very festive clear! Snowthis sure is a monster, and Mordecai is a great support unit. Love how Eirika is in the team being festive with her Lantern buffs.

@Diovani Bressan Bonus Doubler Saizo sure is fun. No damage Saizo clear was awesome though, Warding Stance is great as a seal for times like these. Also love the sudden bump in damage and Axebreaker against the Flame Emperor.

@Maaka Oooh, always fun to see Flashing Blade Bartre GF! Also sastisfying to see Florina hit so many times with Brave Lance!

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @daisy jane @DarkAlf

Okay so I had a lot of creative ideas for this GHB. First let's start with obligatory 3H clears:

Team is neutral Male Byleth, +HP/-Spd Edelgard, +Spd/-Atk Annette and +Res/-Def Hilda

Music is Chasing Daybreak from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Funny how each House has a strong Axe girl in Feh now. Byleth decides to take these Axe Relic users to a field trip against the Flame Emperor to gain axe experience. A very chill field trip to be exact, as they all had a Chill seal on them to soften the Emperor's Ignis proc and slow down the mages.

- At least that was the plan but the mages were kind of annoying for the girls so Byleth had to step up a bit with Vantage. Glimmer was also needed to secure kills and hit those mages hard. Hilda's Freikugel buffs were really key in scoring just enough damage to KO the mages. Hilda also steps up a bit near the end to deny Wary Fighter with her NFU

- Meanwhile Edelgard just does beastly axe tanking and doubling the lancer by herself. BYyleth also had to let time pass, getting his HP back up with Renewal to tank the Flame Emperor's Ingis. Annette baits the Flame Emperor but is rewarded with a KO near the end.

- Kinda wish the axe girls did more but maybe in future hero battles, since the map is a bit annoying for melee units

---

Team is +Atk/-Def Edelgard, +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Spd/-Def Annette and +Spd +1 Mercedes

Music is The Long Road from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Decided to try a clear with these 3H girls. Still unsure about specials for Bernie and Annie but decided to try and see if I can clear it with just their base kits and it worked.

- Edelgard is made to counter the lance infantry on the left with all those Atk/Def buffs in her kit. Brazen

- Bernie's Persecution Bow is great- Desperation with only a debuff? Thanks Sabotage mage! Annette needed Swift Sparrow to double the sword unit, softening him up for a wrathful Mercie.

- Annette's Rally Movement helped Edelgard move a little further to bait the Flame Emperor in ideal defense tile conditions. While it was fitting to have an axe vs axe fight finish, I threw Mercie a bone to let her finish the Emperor since I love seeing Wrathful damage.

----

Team is neutral Arvis, +Spd +1 Legendary Eliwood, +Atk +1 Lilina and +Atk/-HP Myrrh

Music is Assault from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

- Double Bonus Doubler! Myrrh needed Fury to deal with the lance user asap, so Lilina needed Atk+3 to match her Atk so both could be buffed by L!Eliwood. Lilina at one point needed the Rally Spd/Res+ to survive the green mage from doubling her.

- Arvis and Eliwood were mostly support but both were important in whittling down the sword user, although Arvis needed 4 more damage hence Swift Sparrow. It also helped that Myrrh was a Dragon so Vision of Arcadia works.

--------

Team is neutral Flame Emperor, neutral Arvis, +Atk/-Res Surtr and +Res/-Def Surtr

Music is Roar of Dominion (Rain) from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Featuring, the Flame Emperor, The Emperor of Flame and two Rulers of Flame. Here to show a thing or teach the enemy Flame Emperor what a true ruler of flame is. Actually I'm glad I kept both Surtrs (mostly out of indecision for the boon) because it was key to this clear.

- My own Flame Emperor needed the defense get as much HP possible after tanking the enemy FE's Ignis. While Arvis may be relegated to a HP healbot and ploy bot, he was kept the other armour emperors healthy enough to keep tanking those hits as Surtr's Menace formed a wall of flame.

- +Atk Surtr needed Close Def to tank those sword hits while the +Res Surtr relied on Brazen Atk/Res to survive the mages after Wary Fighter is broken.

---

Team is neutral Masked Marth +10, neutral Legion, neutral Conrad and neutral Gerome

Music is Zhe Prime (Nameless Theme) from the King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match

- Since the Flame Emperor has a mask, I just had to do an obligatory mask clear. It just so happened I levelled up Legion lately, and with a boost to Attack he cleanly deals with the lance user. He then procee to bait the Flame Emperor, but it was important to keep the enemy occupied.

- Conrad is super tanky, but slow so he needed Deflect Magic to somehow survive the gronnblade mage's double attack. Then it was a matter of running away to the corners to let Masked Marth deal with the mages.

- Speaking of Masked Marth, he needed Chill Spd support to double the mages. Gerome steps up to barely survive the lance knight's Ignis and fire back with an exact Bonfire blast. M!Marth had to get rid of FE's Ignis before he could creep closer to the cornered Legion and a well-timed Aether meant M!Marth was free to do the exact damage finish.

---

Team is neutral Flame Emperor, neutral Black Knight +1, neutral Death Knight and neutral Masked Marth +10

Music is Darkness from Persona 3: FES

- This time, it's disguises since helmets aren't exactly masks. Had to really rely on the FE and BK's tankiness on this, with DK and Masked Marth providing support buffs.

- Black Luna is still a really great skill and so satisfying to see after a Vantage proc. BK needed enough Spd to not be doubled by the red mage but also needed both Drive Atk and a Spur Atk boost to delete the green mage before being deleted by magic. M!Marth barely survives FE's Ignis but had enough firepower to defeat the FE.

- FE needed Def/Res Bond and Ward Armour buffs at the start to have as much health and then waited around with Renewal recovery to be as healthy for the later stage of the map, easily tanking the final blue units.

---

Team is neutral Male Byleth, neutral Kronya, neutral Death Knight and neutral Flame Emperor

Music is Runaway from Katekyo Hitman Reborn

- Now back to 3H for a Byleth + villains run. Since Byleth doesn't have Hilda buffs, he needed Fierce Stance to one-shot the mages on the right side. Then it was a matter of using FE to tank and Kronya to provided ranged attacks. DK couldn't really do much with those trenches sadly.

------

Team is neutral Male Byleth, +HP/-Spd Edelgard, neutral Kronya and neutral Death Knight

Music is Roar of Dominion (Thunder) from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- A final clear and once again, Edelgard is the perfect opener for the left side. This time at least DK gets some better combat and manages to use his Escape Route to move a little better through the trenches.

- Again the main problem was trying to remove FE's Ignis so had to be patient and put Edelgard on a defense tile to get rid of the special, then Byleth finishes FE easily. It feels like Edelgard and Byleth were made for this map really.

@Landmaster

Congrats on securing your one week of freedom!

Also congrats on both of those clears. I was afraid Impostor!Elise was going to pick up another boss kill until I remembered the carrot.This battle really didn't give Elise & co. trouble at all. As for the BL clear...Galeforce Dimitri, Gravity strats, and Byleth cutting down the Flame Emperor? I approve.

@mcsilas Nice axe girsl clear. They're all really strong, though sadly Annette didn't do as much. We both went for the same MByleth tank, but I see you had Edelgard kill herself lol. I liked how the lance armor had a choice of which axe girl to do to at the end.

The 3H girls did really well too. Gravity was a smart idea there to bait the lance armor specifically while keeping Atk/Def Solo active. I think I'd just pick Glimmer for Annette personally. Maybe Moonbow or Luna for Bernie, since her Atk isn't the highest, but honestly Glimmer works too.

It's kinda fitting that Arvis is the one working the backlines in the Flame Emperor clear. Watching her constantly take a lot of damage while  choking the point was intense.

Wow, someone who actually built Conrad lol. I respect it.

Speaking of Black Knight, I recently replaced my BK on my armor team with Zelgius, since I got a merge to fix his bane. RIP the helmet.

RIP DK, he couldn't get the kill with his AoE. That's kinda sad.

Yeah, Sword of the Creator really ruins Flame Emperor. Counters both the Guard Axe and the Wary Fighter.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thanks for the suggestions, sometimes I have trouble deciding if I should go with lower turn cooldown specials or not.

I love bulky units, so Conrad is great for me personally..I just haven't really completed his skillset yet out of laziness lol. I'm even more lazy on the DK though, I didn't even give him the second part of his AoE special since I figured I'd replace it with a damage special in the future. Definitely before the rerun.

For one of the 3h clear comments:

Spoiler

Shouldn't the Edelgard comment be in a spoiler?

@SatsumaFSoysoy - This one was quite amusing, executed like a true slitherer of the dark with the team not even having to get their health hands dirty.

@mcsilas - YES SOMEONE ALSO NOTICED THE “WHAT”s, that was the best part~

Looooots of themes, noice!! Byleth seems like he may have a certain preference for his waifus.  Super close tanking but Byleth managed to protect his students from the Flame Emperor while the ladies cleaned up~

Now the students go off on their own. Annette and Mercie teamwork is nice and Edelgard going rogue on her own is highly fitting. Awesome final showdown, too

Lilina solo was great, one sure fire way to get rid of FE is to just nuke him. She handled all those mages well, too~

I like the double Surtrs, it reminds me of an Arena meme team~ Flame Emperor tanking himself was pretty impressive. The double great wall of Surtr was super hilarious. Arvis being able to heal eternally was great for keeping them alive.

Conrad is such a tanky boi. We love those Deflect Seals. That was a close one with Gerome and Marth but they both managed to pull through. Legion was a great decoy for Flame Emperor.

Vantage BK is still a threat, good thing those mages didn’t cause him too much trouble and Emperor could finish off the blue units~

Byleth has truly sided with the Black Eagles hmmm~The Emperor VS Emperor showdown is always entertaining. Byleth still did most of the work. Almost as if he’s being MIND CONTROLLED

Byleth sides with BE 2.0 but with slightly less mind control. Flame Emperor still can’t beat Edelgard on a Defense tile. This whole team is actually annoyingly tacky or hard to kill. Poor Flame Emperor’s troops didn’t have the oomph to take the down.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Even accounting how old the map is, I felt this one was too easy compared to others of the same time period (the sole fact that Flame Emperor and the Lance Armor can get stuck in a loop is proof of that)