Advise on assigning stats and stat growths

James Marshall

I'm generating characters for the FE RPG a friend mage, I'm playing A Mercenary Leader whose A Warrior-Mage who is his homelands Future King and uses Swords and Fire Magic and his followers are A Female Ofrey who is A Bow and Axe using Bow Knight, A Male Wind Magic using Mage, A Male Axe using Fighter, A Male Bow using Archer,  A Female Staffs using Cleric and A Female Lance using Soldier

Info in Stat growths

All but The Female Bow and Axe using Bow Knight, who is A Common Born Member of The Royal Guard who earned admittance to The Royal Guard based on her skills, talents, loyalty to her homeland and abilities and has to protect her homelands Future King without him realizing, gets 400 % points to assign to their stats of Hp, Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck, Def and Res but they must all have between 5% and 100% in most of their stats

The Male Wind Mage must have growth rates in both Mag and Res of at least 35% and Res and his growth rates in Str and Def must be no more then 25% less then whichever of Mag or Res has the lower growth rate and the others must have growth rates in both Str and Def of at least 35% and growth rates in Mag and Res  must be no more then 25% less then whichever of Mag and Res have the lower growth rate

The Female Ofrey who is Bow and Axe using Bow Knight gets 540% to assign to her  stats of Hp, Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck and Def but they must all have between 15% and 115% in all of them

Info on stats

All but The Female Bow and Axe using Bow Knight get 60 points to spend on stats but must assign at least 17 to Hp and at least 5 to all but 2 of their other stats and The Female Bow and Axe using Bow Knight get 85 points to spend on stats but must assign at least 25 to Hp and at least 3 in Mag and Res and at least 7 in all of her other stats

The Male Wind Mage must have at least 5 points in both Mag and Res and have Str and Def values both of at least 1 point in them and a maximum of 3 points less then whichever of Mag or Res has the lower value and the others must have at least 5 points in both Str and Def Res and have Mag and Res values both of at least 1 point in them and a maximum of 3 points less then whichever of Mag or Res has the lower

Best of all bar The Female Ofrey who is Bow and Axe using Bow Knight  has levels equal to 2+1D3 and for every level over 1 they get appropriate weapon rank boosts and get to increase 1D3+2 of their 8 stats by +1 and The Female Ofrey who is Bow and Axe using Bow Knight starts out at Level 1D3+10 in her original Class of Horse Archer and for every level over 10 she gets to increase 1D3+2 of her 8 stats by +1 and at level 1D2 Bow Knight and if Level 2 she gets to increase 1D2+4 of her 8 stats by +1

Ooops The Snipers actually A Archer, but as he's intended to be both A Unit that takes the stats of a promoted unit that you'd normally get roughly 40% to 45% of the way through the game but with a level appropriate for a unprompted  version of The Jagen and is intended to be the only 1 who is guaranteed to be ready to promote when the group gets The 1st Master Seal that they're guaranteed to get

He also has his stats determined as normal,  then adds +1 to all stats for 4 levels up, +1 to 6 stats for 3 levels up and +1 to 4 stats for the other 3 or 4 levels up and you can raise up to 4 of his stats by up to +10% each but at the cost of lowering the same number of other stats by the same % each

Bearing all of that in mind how would you suggest assigning stats and stat growths

Edited by James Marshall

After paragraph one, I have basically no idea what you're saying.

From what I can tell, you're giving your units 540% growth rates? I can assure you that this will be entirely game-breaking. Heck, 350 is pretty dang close to game-breaking. Anything above that will be able to solo everything at will. 540% Basically ensures a perfect level every time, which is... Wow. Just wow. Franz, who is a very good growth unit in sacred stones has 305% growths and will very likely become one of your best units.

In terms of a paint-buy system, not all stats are created equal. From an RP I'm currently in, I liked the one @AnonymousSpeed used.

Hp=1 point

Str=2 points

Mag=2 points

Skill=2 points

Speed= 3 points

Luck=1 point

Def=3 points

Res= 2 points.

60 base points should get your units decent base stats from level one.

However, in terms of builds, I'd say

Warrior-Mage: Either you want him to be bulky with a res option, (in his fire tomes) or you want him to be  powerful, but low bulk. With the magic/Str split, you'll have a tough time balancing stats. Again, using insane growths here is NOT a good a idea. Since your unit can deal physical and magical damage, giving him sky-high growths is likely to make other classes irrelevant. Alternately, you could put a lot of stock into speed and place a good amount of stats in the other categories.

(Perhaps 65% Hp, 35 str, 35 mag, 65 spd, 40 skill, 30 def, 30 res, 25 luck, for a total of roughly 325% growth rates, which is still very high.)

Boy knight prepromote: Well, with 540 growth rates, she'll have roughly 80% growths in everything. Evem though you want her to pull an Oifey and have good growths, 540 is something that would turn Nino into the best unit in all of Eibe.

I'd either go:

Classic prepromote with low growths and high bases

High level, but unpromoted unit with all right bases and all right growths.

For growths, I'd go

35% Hp, 35% str, 10% mag, 35% speed, 35% skill, 25 def, 25 res, 40 luck. Those may seem low, but prepromotes are not supposed to be the no. 1 solution long-terms.

For a high level but unpromoted,

50% Hp, 45% str, 5 mag, 45 speed, 45 skill, 35 def, 15 res, 40 luck.

Axe unit: You've got several mixed-phase units, so I'd advise making a hyper-offense axe unit.

80% Hp, 65 str, 5 mag, 45 skill, 45 speed, 20 def, 5 res, 20 luck.

I'll talk about the rest later.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

After paragraph one, I have basically no idea what you're saying.

From what I can tell, you're giving your units 540% growth rates? I can assure you that this will be entirely game-breaking. Heck, 350 is pretty dang close to game-breaking. Anything above that will be able to solo everything at will. 540% Basically ensures a perfect level every time, which is... Wow. Just wow. Franz, who is a very good growth unit in sacred stones has 305% growths and will very likely become one of your best units.

In terms of a paint-buy system, not all stats are created equal. From an RP I'm currently in, I liked the one @AnonymousSpeed used.

Hp=1 point

Str=2 points

Mag=2 points

Skill=2 points

Speed= 3 points

Luck=1 point

Def=3 points

Res= 2 points.

60 base points should get your units decent base stats from level one.

However, in terms of builds, I'd say

Warrior-Mage: Either you want him to be bulky with a res option, (in his fire tomes) or you want him to be  powerful, but low bulk. With the magic/Str split, you'll have a tough time balancing stats. Again, using insane growths here is NOT a good a idea. Since your unit can deal physical and magical damage, giving him sky-high growths is likely to make other classes irrelevant. Alternately, you could put a lot of stock into speed and place a good amount of stats in the other categories.

(Perhaps 65% Hp, 35 str, 35 mag, 65 spd, 40 skill, 30 def, 30 res, 25 luck, for a total of roughly 325% growth rates, which is still very high.)

Boy knight prepromote: Well, with 540 growth rates, she'll have roughly 80% growths in everything. Evem though you want her to pull an Oifey and have good growths, 540 is something that would turn Nino into the best unit in all of Eibe.

I'd either go:

Classic prepromote with low growths and high bases

High level, but unpromoted unit with all right bases and all right growths.

For growths, I'd go

35% Hp, 35% str, 10% mag, 35% speed, 35% skill, 25 def, 25 res, 40 luck. Those may seem low, but prepromotes are not supposed to be the no. 1 solution long-terms.

For a high level but unpromoted,

50% Hp, 45% str, 5 mag, 45 speed, 45 skill, 35 def, 15 res, 40 luck.

Axe unit: You've got several mixed-phase units, so I'd advise making a hyper-offense axe unit.

80% Hp, 65 str, 5 mag, 45 skill, 45 speed, 20 def, 5 res, 20 luck.

I'll talk about the rest later.

I think you're entirely right but I think my friend likes the idea that rather then having a large group winning using a mix of superior numbers and superior tactical flexibility that my character will lead a small group that'll win using a mix of all of them  having vastly superior fighting ability and superior experance in actual life-and-death situations?

58 minutes ago, James Marshall said:

I think you're entirely right but I think my friend likes the idea that rather then having a large group winning using a mix of superior numbers and superior tactical flexibility that my character will lead a small group that'll win using a mix of all of them  having vastly superior fighting ability and superior experance in actual life-and-death situations?

I apologize for my harsh words earlier; I was in a bad mood, so I'll try to be less mean this time.

I personally think that it might not end up super satisfying to finish, because overcoming challenges is kind of the fun part, at least for me. From the sounds of it yourfriend wants an unbalanced game, but you don't? I'd try to work wiith your GM to find a middle ground.

Also, in the future, you might want to post threads like thin jn the general OOC subforum. You can find it via clicking on the Roleplay forum, and at the top of the screen you should see General OOC. 

19 hours ago, Benice said:

I am summoned.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, in the future, you might want to post threads like thin jn the general OOC subforum. You can find it via clicking on the Roleplay forum, and at the top of the screen you should see General OOC. 

Here is link:

https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/forum/52-general-ooc/

Fan projects is more for Read Only Memory hacks and fan made games. You'll probably get more relevant input from the Roleplaying section.