• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My trainees:

Ewan: Summoner 1st play through; Druid 2nd

Ross: Warrior 1st; Berserker 2nd

Amelia: Generals Both times

I can't remember exactly about Ross, but Amelia and especially Ewan were awesome.

I've never even tried to use the Super Trainees, and I don't plan on using them anytime soon. Last time I played I made Ross a Warrior, Amelia a Great Knight, and Ewan a Druid. None of them, save Ewan, stood out as anything even remotely special.

It's not even hard to train them. Just use the tower.

It's not so easy when you're doing a playthrough where you don't use the tower or external monster fights. I've abandoned Amelia and Ewan because they just never got strong fast enough.

It's not so easy when you're doing a playthrough where you don't use the tower or external monster fights. I've abandoned Amelia and Ewan because they just never got strong fast enough.

Then dont do those kinds of playthroughs.

Ewan looks like such a dork as a trainee.

The only time he doesn't look like a dork is as a Sage. He's got the goofy hat as a Mage and the terrible, terrible color scheme for dark magic robes for shamans, druids, and summoners.

You do realize abusing the Tower and Ruins is looked down upon, right?

I don't give a fuck. It's in there, so I use it.

I don't abuse them as much as I do with the arenas, however.

Edit: why would you not use something if the programmers put it in there. It's not cheating.

That's like not using the Bonus experience in RD (I suppose PoR too) towards the last chapters to bring up the stats that aren't capped.

Edited by smashbro

Definitely super Trainee Ewan. Like most others, I'd have to say using all three types of magic is pretty awesome. Berserker Ross. Because Berserkers are just BAMF looking, and also the insane strength cap and crit bonus, along with Ross's generally awesome stats, you can't go wrong. Amelia is a general, no doubt about that. Basically, like Ewan, she can use all of the triangle, making her pwn. Also, thinking of that fragile little girl running around in a suit of armor four times her size and slaughtering everything in sight? Priceless.

Well, of course Ewan makes an amazing druid!! I always have him as a Druid. Just for fun I had a file with him as a pupil. Sure, 3 types of magic is cool, but since you've only got 3 spots, i feel it's kinda worthless.

• 4 weeks later...

Super Trainees never appealed to me, though I regret that time I made Ewan a summoner just because it was a new class. (I was 13 that time, okay, it's not like I thought things through..)

Ross as a berserker beats out being a super trainee because of his con and higher Strength cap > super trainee's caps.

Ross -> Berserker for the Jesus ability.

Ewan -> Super Trainee/Sage depending on whether I want higher caps or Staves.

Amelia -> General for WT control, Great Shield, and high caps.

Ewan is really the only one worth considering.

Edited by Meteor

Ross -> Berserker for the Jesus ability.

Ewan -> Super Trainee/Sage depending on whether I want higher caps or Staves.

Amelia -> General for WT control, Great Shield, and high caps.

Ewan is really the only one worth considering.

Though Ewan is arguably the worst character and Amelia is aweful? :o

If I bother with the trainees, I usually promote them as such...

Ross; Journeyman<Fighter<Hero, for Speed and weapon control.

Amelia; Recruit<Cavalier>Paladin. Armour Knight is an aweful class and makes Amelia basically worthless.

Ewan; Pupil<Mage<Sage, if only because Dark magic sucks. ^_^

Though Ewan is arguably the worst character and Amelia is aweful? :o

If I bother with the trainees, I usually promote them as such...

Ross; Journeyman<Fighter<Hero, for Speed and weapon control.

Amelia; Recruit<Cavalier>Paladin. Armour Knight is an aweful class and makes Amelia basically worthless.

Ewan; Pupil<Mage<Sage, if only because Dark magic sucks. ^_^

What about Berserker 15% critical bonus?

What about the fact that Amelia's defense is going to skyrocket and she needs General's caps to get the most out of her def?

... Dark Magic is zomgwtfh4x in most games. The only reason that it is bad in this is because Knoll sucks pretty badly.

What about Berserker 15% critical bonus?

What about the fact that Amelia's defense is going to skyrocket and she needs General's caps to get the most out of her def?

... Dark Magic is zomgwtfh4x in most games. The only reason that it is bad in this is because Knoll sucks pretty badly.

Berserker is Ross' only other good promotion. It's very arguable though, and depends if he gets Gerik B support.

Because it doesn't. -_- 30% Defense is terrible, and having to go through that aweful Armour Knight class isn't worth it. Seven Movement and weapon control>extra defense.

It's really heavy and innacurate. Light and Anima destroy Dark in usefullness. They're cheaper, though. Also, Ewan's Constitution is too low to give good enough AS, so he's better off with Anima and Light.