Old Fan remembers that FE exists and decides to join a forum about it

GuardianSing

Hello. My name is plain to see but you can call me by Nickel or Nickolas if you'd like. Recently I played Fire Emblem Awakening for the first time in years, and I was reminded on how fun Fire Emblem was. I'm most certainly not a new fan, I believe I first discovered the franchise around three or four years ago not long after I got a 3DS. I got Fates and Awakening at the same time, I played Fates first which wasn't the best first impression on the series and I think that shows through the fact that to this day I have not finished Fates. However I did try Awakening after that and she managed to keep me playing all the way to the end and even her bonus stuff. I joined this forum in hopes to learn more about the series and try out more of the games as I have only played three, the already mention Awakening, Fates and the much older Blazing Blade. This game I frame as the first strategy virtual experience I've ever played, and I believe her to be the thing that led me to playing other strategy games such as Civilization, Age of Empires and Europe Universalis, they are mostly history based but I will never forget about my fantasy roots...at least not anymore. So anyway I am very excited to meet you all and learn more about the Fire Emblem franchise, I declare this a personal renaissance of mine with the Fire Emblem games!

Hello Nickel, nice to meet you too! And welcome to the forest also! I hope that be here will make you discover again how great is the FE franchise!

Have a nice day!

Edited by FireFenrir

It's all very nice to meet you all as well! A burning question I do have on my mind regarding the franchise is which game should I play next? In truth I know nothing about Fire Emblem and her games and I have to wonder what the next step would be after the three games I've already played. Keep in mind that (so far...) I am mostly a casual player.

3 hours ago, NickelPlateRoad said:

It's all very nice to meet you all as well! A burning question I do have on my mind regarding the franchise is which game should I play next? In truth I know nothing about Fire Emblem and her games and I have to wonder what the next step would be after the three games I've already played. Keep in mind that (so far...) I am mostly a casual player.

In my case, I start with all 3DS games and play Three Houses then (for Fates, I only played Birthright), so after Birthright I played Warriors which is more considered as a spin off, but it was great anyway! And then played Echoes: SoV which is my favorite FE because characters and story are well writtened in my opinion. But I don't finnish any other Fire Emblem (began a ROM of Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi some times ago but still not finnish it yet, but planning on play them) so I would recommend you to play maybe Warriors, I guess this game is better for casual player, and playing system changes of course comparing to the other FEs as long as it's a hack 'n' slash game.! I'm hesitating between Echoes or Warriors, even if Echoes is a great game that have some new features that other FEs don't have (at least FEs on 3DS). 

Hope that helps! 😄

Edited by FireFenrir

21 hours ago, NickelPlateRoad said:

If you started the GBA era why not follow through it?

22 hours ago, FireFenrir said:

In my case, I start with all 3DS games and play Three Houses then (for Fates, I only played Birthright), so after Birthright I played Warriors which is more considered as a spin off, but it was great anyway! And then played Echoes: SoV which is my favorite FE because characters and story are well writtened in my opinion. But I don't finnish any other Fire Emblem (began a ROM of Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi some times ago but still not finnish it yet, but planning on play them) so I would recommend you to play maybe Warriors, I guess this game is better for casual player, and playing system changes of course comparing to the other FEs as long as it's a hack 'n' slash game.! I'm hesitating between Echoes or Warriors, even if Echoes is a great game that have some new features that other FEs don't have (at least FEs on 3DS). 

Hope that helps! 😄

Well I've heard your suggestion and now Fire Emblem Echoes should arrive tomorrow at my doorstep.

1 hour ago, Ycine said:

If you started the GBA era why not follow through it?

I've always been afraid of Fire Emblem games before Awakening, I don't think of myself very good at virtual experiences even though I've been playing strategy ones for so long, Although of course I have played Blazing Blade and she was great if a bit terrifying, and since they are quite old I might as well give them shot when I can. Thank You!

12 minutes ago, NickelPlateRoad said:

Well I've heard your suggestion and now Fire Emblem Echoes should arrive tomorrow at my doorstep.

Glad I help! You will not be disapointed of Echoes, that's really a great game to me. Hope you'll appreciate it too!