What was the happiest moment of your life?

JubileePhoenix

I've been thinking about this a lot and I cant think of one. I'm a generally happy chill dude, but i feel like there is an emptiness there? Just like to knew if i am the only one who feels like this? 

I have some very large mood swings, so my opinions vary forom day-to-day on things like best days of my life, etc. However, undeniably my best days are soent with friends and family, and I'm usually around them, so every day has the oppritunity to be great!

And then there's my bad days, but noe's not the time for me to whine.

Honestly, I don't think it' the -est moments that matter in life but what happens between the ests, if you know what I mean?

Edited by Benice

Well about the only childhood memories I remember with great fondness are: the Thanksgiving  I avoided have my blood sugar checked and taking my shot for two meals (I still don't know how I survived that without anything bad happening) I must have been six at the time.  The other is the only decent Christmas I have ever had when I was 4, the main reason I remember it is because my sister and my granddad were both there so I had everyone I loved with me (Christmas is normally a really  bad thing for me which is why I remember that one so fondly). 

I don't have many happy memories because my life tends to not be that happy, but I will stop at that.

Not sure about the single happiest moment. I get a happiness rush when I summon what I want in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I would not call those moments my happiest despite me feeling a literal rush of happiness.

I like the more subtle and lowkey form of happiness when I hangout and spend time with friends, my cat, and people I care about. It does not give that happiness high like getting a present or tax return, but it is more lasting and I treasure those moments more. Not sure if that makes sense.

Between getting my BB!Cordelia to +10 and watching Guardians of the Galaxy with my buddies, I would definitely say I treasure watching the movie with my friends more, even if I do not feel happier on a scale of 1 to 10 in that moment. Like, I feel pretty stoked when I got my BB!Cordelia to +10, probably 9.5/10 on a happiness scale, and I feel 7/10 when I watched Guardians of the Galaxy with my friends, but I can definitely say I value that 7/10 more than that 9.5/10.

I cannot really pick a single happiest moment with my friends either. I enjoyed all our road trips together. Going to Vegas, camping at the beach, celebrating Christmas together, etc. I like all those moments. I enjoy spending time with my cat too; just having a fur baby who unconditionally loves you despite your fuck ups and flaws helps a lot.

Edited by XRay

I honestly can't think of one either. I guess it means I can't make a Patronus or something, but eh. Generally I'm not too bothered by it.

When I was younger, my parents were still together, I did not have depressions and crippling anxiety, and panic attacks.
I remember fondly those moments when I was legitimately felt happy. Voila voila, sorry for the bad ambience.

... In insight it's rather telling that it's what made me happy.

It's actually a biological advantage to remember bad experiences better than good ones, that's why bad experiences often feel like they dominate our life. Nowadays I try to focus more on the smaller feeling good things, and my life has become much better.

I do believe the feeling OP describes is pretty similar to what I felt a couple years back. Luckily wisdom seems to come with age, at least in my case. =3

Fall semester my freshman year in college--went on what was supposed to be a weekend 'youth leadership retreat' with a bus full of like ~40 students up to the Poconos. 

There were 5 or 6 of us that decided to just break away from the main group and ignore the scheduled program and go do our own thing.

So we snuck out of the designated event area after midnight and went into the woods. It was one of those moderately chilled, breezy, early autumn nights with a light fog and a misty drizzle and the smell of raw earth and pine in the air. 

We spent the next 6 hours smoking, drinking, telling life-stories and singing folk songs as we made our way by flashlight through the woods and over a waterfall and up a mountain trail. 

We got to the top of the mountain just in time for sunsrise.

And there was nothing else for miles in every direction as far as the eye could see--no roads. No buildings. No work. No people-noises. Just the sun breaking over the horizon and climbing over rock and treeline and river, the mist breaking, and nature all around us coming alive with the dawn of a new day.

And it was one of those primordial zen-moments where I must have tapped into some primitive animal instinct or leftover caveman-shit.

Because I was overcome with a feeling of complete peace and harmony,  an instinctive understanding of + satisfaction with my place in the universe, and a sense of this is how life should be.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Man, I'd like to think it's still yet to happen.  I won't decide until I'm on my death bed.

As of this moment in time?  Well... I can think of maybe a few, most of which come from my childhood.

For one, all the birthday parties.  We always did the classics - pizza, soda, video games, cake for dessert... amazing, fun times.  My fondest memory of a party was one of my first birthday parties.  A bunch of friends, including one who unfortunately passed away way too early in his life, came to a birthday party of mine at my place.  What I remember was that it was the first time I played Super Smash Bros. Melee.  Goddamn, it was good fun.  No birthday bashes anymore now that all my friends and I are boring adults with lame jobs.

I also remember just hanging out at a close friend's house.  It was kind of the same deal as a birthday party, except it was him and myself.  So because of that it was very low-key, and it was just nice to hang out with him.  I also remember that time because when we got ourselves some rootbeer floats, his was pretty much immediately ruined because before he even could eat it his cat licked it.  We also had off-brand Reeses Puffs, which is my favorite kind of cereal.

And lastly I'd say any time I've discovered a video game franchise I really love is a happy moment.  The most prominent ones that come to mind are The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Fallout, and Fire Emblem.  Zelda happened when I was very little - in fact, it was just me watching my sister, so it's more like it was me discovering video games for the first time.  Cut forward to maybe a decade later, and I play Metal Gear Solid 4 and got hooked - it quickly became my favorite franchise.  The time I played Fallout, it was Fallout 3 - my most substantial memory was riding the elevator up the Washington Monument and getting to see the view of nuclear-devastated D.C. from up high in that historic piece of architecture.  If there's one thing I'll say Bethesda's still good at, it's making amazing scenery that really speaks for itself.

Fire Emblem was a particular discovery for me because I remember it so vividly, but also because I had no expectations of it - in fact, I thought it was gonna just be a game I try out just to appease my sister and then drop so that I can play more Smash.  I looked at the cover and the characters on the cover, and I thought "oh, it's gonna be an anime game?".  In all honesty, I thought I'd dislike it.  Which is weird considering how much I really enjoyed Valkyria Chronicles, which I played before that moment.  I think it was probably just that I thought it wouldn't be as "serious", which again is strange because VC had silly moments, but I thought this because VC was basically an anime fantasy version of WW2.  But then I started the game up and saw an avatar creation.  I'm a sucker for avatar creation, so I was digging it so far.  The gameplay starts up, and initially I was like "eh, prefer the semi real-time, direct control in VC".  I get through the first couple chapters, then I see "supports".  I'm like "supports?  The fuck are those?".  I play the supports, and I'm just like "holy shit, they actually show the characters bonding".  Then cut to much later in the game, and the 2nd Generation system was introduced.  Cut to five years later, and I'm still playing that goddamn timesink of a game.

Oh, and I guess I remember being really happy about Oboro showing up in FEW.  Even happier that she ended up being playable in DLC, and happier still that it'd come out before Christmas of that year.  And I was pretty happy when I first started my screenshot LP of Valkyria Chronicles and people were reacting to it.  The LPs all sorta fell on the wayside - all my fault, really - but I think I could get back into it with all the knowledge I've accrued.  Not the screenshot LPs, but video LPs for sure.

Seeing my best friend recover from an illness that would've surely killed him. 

It was so bad that my friend's parents were setting up the funds for the funeral. Everyone thought he wasn't going to make it.

Then we heard news from the hospital. It seemed like he was making a full recovery. It..took all of us by surprise. We were so happy. Especially me, he was like a brother to me. God knows what would've happened if he died.

It was one of those moments in life that don't feel real. It felt like a dream. Hearing the news. 

It's been about 2 years, and he's completely healthy. Looks like nothing even happened to him. Strong fucker he is.

When I asked God (Yahweh through Jesus) to forgive me for my sins, He did and I started to follow Him, even though I really don't deserve it.

The reason is because everything in my life is better because of Him, my family, myself, and my life.

When I called my best friend at 3 am to complain to him about my life sucked and he answered. best moment ever. 

This was very heart warming to read. Thank you every one. 

On 3/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, Fates-Blade said:

When I asked God (Yahweh through Jesus) to forgive me for my sins, He did and I started to follow Him, even though I really don't deserve it.

The reason is because everything in my life is better because of Him, my family, myself, and my life.

Everybody desires God's love, never think of yourself as unworthy.

On 3/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, JubileePhoenix said:

This was very heart warming to read. Thank you every one. 

Everybody desires God's love, never think of yourself as unworthy.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (EXB) "I mean that you have been saved by grace through believing . You did not save yourselves; it was a gift from God. 9 It was not the result of your own efforts , so you cannot brag about it."

(There's nothing you can do to earn it, no way you can deserve it all you have to do is believe and ask.)

It says it and I believe it, but not just that I see it too, they say seeing is believing, and I can clearly see this is true.

Edited by Fates-Blade

• 1 month later...

Playing games on my old game consoles (LeafGreen/SMB3 on Gameboy, Bob the Builder for PS1, Thomas typing games on PC, Gamecube games like Melee at cousin's house, etc.)

Playing board games with friends

Playing with toys as a kid

I want to be a kid again

When I first bought a game in the Harvest Moon series. It seriously helped me overcome my anxiety. 

When I first decided I wanted to be a writer when I was like 11. I remember being really happy that day. 

• 1 year later...