Custom animation and sprites

Nomad Boy

Hello, I'm new in hacking. I want to make my own custom sprites and animation for a project.

The question is, What is the easiest way to "draw" the sprites?, or the easiest tool to do it?

If someone can give some advices i will be very grateful.

Oh, another question. Is it easier to draw a sprite using an already existing one or start one from zero?

Sorry for the bad english, thank to everyone.

If you're using Fe Builder, it's easy to change sprite colors. When you open up a character's data in the program, click on their currnt sprite in the box at the top, which should take you to a portait menu, where you can change pallettes by putting in different data or doing it manually. Often I find that copy-pasting one sprites' pallette number into the other unit's can work, but may take some editing.

Maybe have a look at the ultimate tutorial. They have some sections on battle animations.

http://www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/

You only really need something simple like MS paint to do pixel art but I personally use Asesprite (it costs money now).

Also yea, definitely use preexisting sprites as a base to maintain FE proportions if you're just starting off.