The Superior Length of a Woman's Hair

What is the superior length of a woman's hair?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Answer truthfully, this is a matter of Life or Death 3. "Medium" is not acceptable, err to one side.

I challenge the heretic @DarthR0xas to defend himself for his factually incorrect assertion that long hair is aesthetically preferable.

Context:

Spoiler
49 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I object on several grounds.

Vanessa is prettier than Tana

41 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I object to your objection.

I'm sorry your opinion is wrong, you should change it before I call the opinion police on you.

38 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Short hair > Long hair and you are wrong for being wrong about that.

36 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:
Long hair beats short hair any day, and you're wrong for presuming that I could be wrong about that, when in fact the one assuming wrongness in this situation is you.
31 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

An absolute falsehood, for the short hair is undoubtedly the more aesthetically pleasing. Short hair the preference of patricians, while long hair is for plebes.

Now assert whether @DarthR0xas or I is correct. Is the hair superior when left long, or superior when cut short?

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

Vanessa and Tana are in the same game, just marry both of them! Save plane tickets from going to other continents.

I actually prefer somewhere between the two most of the time. I like swordmasters and Peg. knights with long har because it looks cool, but mages and Mercs look better with short hair. 

I'm not very good at this, am I?

19 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I would never stoop down to polygamy, yet alone with a long-haired woman!

No, you are not, for you have not voted unanimously in my favor, nor indicated the generally superior option between the two. What you have done is incur the wrath of both parties!

@DarthR0xas We must take this matter of grave importance elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Of course, this is a matter of life or death here, remaining neutral simply isn't an option.

I hereby summon @Benice to resume his role as First Arbiter.

As the correct party in this debate, I hereby invite all members of the forum to discuss which length of hair is most aesthetically pleasing.

Long hair is an exaggeration, burlesque, it is prone to tangling and is wholly frivolous, thus unappealing in its grotesque nature.

Short hair is the choice which indicates pragmatism and competence. It does not lag behind the body and is of a more balanced ratio to it. Short hair also just looks better.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my thought process:

My favourite FE character design-wise is Shanna, who has short hair, and counts as two ponts for being gosh-darned adorable.

Laura, one of my favourite characters overall is short haired

Micaiah, who I like quite a lot, has long hair.

Oliver, undisputably the msot gorgeous character in history, has very short hair.

Mist has short-ish hair

Tana has long hair

The protagonist from my current ROM hack has short hair

Eirika has long hair

Jill has long hair

Melady has long hair

Mia has long hair

Bernie has short hair

Silvia has long hair

Malon from the LoZ has long hair...

I think Lalum had short hair?

If Marisa counts as having short hair, Marisa goes somewhere.

Total that up, and we have:

Long hair: 8

Short hair: 7.5 since I don't remember what Larum's hair is like. A point is still up for grabs from what people think Marisa's hair is length-wise.

I'm gonna go in favour of Long for now, but that might change if I missed any of my favourite female characters.

Edited by Benice

What exactly is the dividing line here? The shoulders?

Anyway... totally the real answer is no hair.

Resultado de imagen de bald woman star trek

Why, hello there.

After all, can't disagree about hair if there's no hair.

Resultado de imagen de Think smart meme

Anyway, on a serious note... I'll say this, when it comes to aesthetics, I like both. It's mostly a case by case basis... and the style also has input there, too. That said, if you were to give show me pictures of the same character, one with short hair and the other with long hair, then I'll admit, I'd be likely to say I prefer the long-haired version, even if I think both look good.

Why? I don't fully know. I just like it better I guess. Personally, I try to go as far as I can without a haircut myself. Though as a man, it doesn't really go too far before everyone's like "You need a haircut".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Short hair is the superior choice.

Upsides: Pragmatic, practical, and the woman has more options on how to style it. All around just nicer to look at most of the time.

Downsides: Karens.

Edited by Slumber

31 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I challenge the heretic

How humorous, the heretic is labeling me as a heretic. I merely speak the truth, you are the one who dares to oppose me. Although Mr. Acacia raises a very fair point.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What exactly is the dividing line here? The shoulders?

Where would the dividing line for this be? When do we declare a haircut to be short vs long? I'm fine with it being the shoulders, since that's about when I consider hair to be long, and start liking the hair, but it's only fair for us to agree with this statement.

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Upsides: Pragmatic, practical, and the woman has more options on how to style it. All around just nicer to look at most of the time.

Let's deconstruct this

Pragmatic/practical: Claiming the same thing, that long hair isn't practical. I will yield this point. Long hair is naturally harder to handle than short hair.

Styling options: This is just flat out wrong. Long hair has way more styling options than short hair, because there's more of it to style. There's only so much you can do if your hair is a few inches long, but if it's even a foot long there are a ton of ways you could go. Short hair is practical because you don't really need to consider style, it styles itself for the most part. Long hair is harder because you need to work to style it, but as a result you get a lot more options and varieties to style it.

Nicer to look at: Blasphemy, your unholy words desecrate the great name of long hair. Claiming that short hair could even stand toe to toe with long hair is bad enough, but to say that it's better in the looks department? Utter nonsense.

1 minute ago, DarthR0xas said:

How humorous, the heretic is labeling me as a heretic. I merely speak the truth, you are the one who dares to oppose me. 

I oppose wrong attitudes wherever they lurk.

3 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Although Mr. Acacia raises a very fair point.

Where would the dividing line for this be? When do we declare a haircut to be short vs long? I'm fine with it being the shoulders, since that's about when I consider hair to be long, and start liking the hair, but it's only fair for us to agree with this statement.

I will accept this precondition. I propose we keep our arguments focused on the cases of clear length, erring apparently above or beneath the shoulders, rather than involving ambiguous cases, which rise a separate question from the one at hand.

6 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Styling options: This is just flat out wrong. Long hair has way more styling options than short hair, because there's more of it to style. There's only so much you can do if your hair is a few inches long, but if it's even a foot long there are a ton of ways you could go. Short hair is practical because you don't really need to consider style, it styles itself for the most part. Long hair is harder because you need to work to style it, but as a result you get a lot more options and varieties to style it.

Why should one work to do many things poorly, when for no effort they may do fewer things well?

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway... totally the real answer is no hair.

Resultado de imagen de bald woman star trek

Why, hello there.

After all, can't disagree about hair if there's no hair.

Resultado de imagen de Think smart meme

No hair is, in fact, the shortest possible hair.

15 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'm a dude. I've had long hair. More hair =/= more styling options. I'd actually argue the opposite.

Obviously as a guy I didn't exactly have the same options, but those options I would have had as a girl weren't massively different. After about your shoulders, there's not much you can do with your hair before it just becomes so heavy and unwieldy that any normal measures of styling just stop being an option. At that point, unless you want to either perm/crimp into an 80s nightmare haircut, or straighten your hair, all you can really do is change where it parts and how it sits on your head, and then alter how "messy" it looks with some hair spray. Both things you can also do with short hair. You can braid your hair more easily, but I haven't seen many girls braiding their hair much these days.

Undercuts are more common these days and you can do it with long hair, but again, it's much more common and manageable with short hair.

With short hair, there are way more variables that actually add to style. For one, using mousses and gels are waaaaay more noticeable, and allow your to move your hair more. Asymmetrical haircuts don't look like somebody strung out on heroin got tired of cutting your hair halfway through, which just adds a whole new dimension to cuts. The variability of length on the sides, back and front actually matter when it's short.

Going from long hair to short hair is like going from simple arithmetic to algebra with the extra variables.

Though if you're crazy about 80s mom hair, then more power to you.

Edited by Slumber

I saw this topic and now I have the Hair Song stuck in my head.

Anyway, my vote goes to long hair. Honestly I don't really mind one way or another, I just happen to think it's a little more aesthetically pleasing.

Sorry Anon.

It depends on the woman! Short hair looks good on some women while others look better with longer hair. Have you ever seen a girl who normally wears her hair a certain length and then changes it by cutting and adding extensions? And then liked it more?

But tbh, my personal taste is short hair. Like a nice bob or something.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I think Lalum had short hair?

If Marisa counts as having short hair, Marisa goes somewhere.

Total that up, and we have:

Long hair: 8

Short hair: 7.5 since I don't remember what Larum's hair is like. A point is still up for grabs from what people think Marisa's hair is length-wise.

I'm gonna go in favour of Long for now, but that might change if I missed any of my favourite female characters.

I always thought Larum would have short hair if she wore it down. Being right at her shoulders. It's hard to tell with her hairstyle because it's something that's achievable for both long hair and short hair. I'm tempted to say short, due to how some of her hair that's not tied up is relatively short.

Marisa counts as long, imo. 

Okay, sorry just reading this I suddenly get flashbacks to the Seteth/Ashe paralogues from 3H “Heretic”, “ No you’re the Heretic”. 

I agree with the situationally argument, the hair should complement the style or personality of the lady and as stated some look better with long and some with short.

But for post sake, My top 3 all time favorite girls has 2 long hairs and 1 short hair so... minor leaning long then

Edited by ciphertul

Long hair is best. Factually correct.

Ok real talk though, when it comes to fictional girls, long hair is best but short hair is good too if it works. Case by case really. But as for my irl preferences, i do prefer girls with longer hair. Though short hair wouldn't be a dealbreaker either. 

In conclusion: long-haired > short-haired.

Both have their benefits. But, referring to my own hair, I prefer it short.

Now on fictional characters, I prefer long hair. I just don't want to take care of said long hair, especially if it looks something like this:

latest?cb=20191219022517

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I oppose wrong attitudes wherever they lurk.

Hard to call my attitude wrong when the people are supporting my side.

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Why should one work to do many things poorly, when for no effort they may do fewer things well?

Depends on the girl for whether they do it poorly. Most of the women I know can do basically anything with their hair and they won't screw it up. The reason they'd work for it is mainly that it's fun.

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'm a dude. I've had long hair. More hair =/= more styling options. I'd actually argue the opposite

Well this isn't about dudes with long hair, obviously dudes have more limited options that look good.

After about your shoulders, there's not much you can do with your hair before it just becomes so heavy and unwieldy that any normal measures of styling just stop being an option. At that point, unless you want to either perm/crimp into an 80s nightmare haircut, or straighten your hair, all you can really do is change where it parts and how it sits on your head, and then alter how "messy" it looks with some hair spray. Both things you can also do with short hair. You can braid your hair more easily, but I haven't seen many girls braiding their hair much these days.

First point depends on the kind of hair you have. If it's thinner hair then naturally it won't become that heavy or unwieldy. I'd probably say the point of where it becomes unwieldy is around where the scapulas (the bigger bones below your shoulder blades) end, and maybe a little lower.

I actually like perms You forget how it sits around the head, which is how I'd classify braids and the like. With those additions, you really do have a lot more styles to work with. Sure, you can alter how it parts and where it sits with shorter hair, but it doesn't change that much. It all looks similar because you're just limited by the amount of hair you have. 

Also it might just be where I live, but I still see people sporting quite a few braids and a lot of other styles.

Going from long hair to short hair is like going from simple arithmetic to algebra with the extra variables.

Neither of those are actually hard though

The correct answer is Lute, why go for either choice if one can do both; short overall with some longer parts.

That said, for aesthetics, both are great. I could sit here switching opinions all day on which looks best (Though both are better than medium, imo). But I can't deny that short hair is much easier and gets in the way less. Point for short hair.

I would never let the length of one's hair get in the way of finding actually meaningful reasons to like a person.

...Long, well kept hair is really nice though. And you can style it in so many equally appealing ways.

9 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Sorry Anon.

I forgive you.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Long hair is best. Factually correct.

Wrong Drumpf GIF - Wrong Drumpf Trump GIFs

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

In conclusion: long-haired > short-haired.

Image result for lex luthor wrong

2 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Hard to call my attitude wrong when the people are supporting my side.

Heretics, all of you.

Depends on the girl for whether they do it poorly. Most of the women I know can do basically anything with their hair and they won't screw it up. The reason they'd work for it is mainly that it's fun.

Women who think doing their hair is fun vs. women who think fun things are fun

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Neither of those are actually hard though

Which is good, as I actually like math more than short hair.

This does not lesson the superiority of short hair, though. @ghast would agree with me.

2 hours ago, whase said:

(Though both are better than medium, imo)

Ah, a man who is not lukewarm.