If you are in a position of authority, what do you want people to call you?

XRay

If you are the leader of an organization, ruler of a country, god of the multiverse, or whatever position of power, how do you want people to address and refer to you? What do you want your titles and epithet to be? Do you want to keep your current name or choose a new name? Any ritual/custom thing about kneeling, prostrating, and other stuff you want?

— — — — — — —

If I was the god of my own multiverse, I would probably not care what my creations call me. Since I can already bend anyone to my will already and have everyone love me, there is not really any need to make people call me "His Divine Highness, God of All Creation..." yada yada yada, and that would just be a mouthful and probably tiring to hear after an eternity. I think just having people call me Ray would be just fine. I am not sure if I want to keep my name though. Ray is not bad, but I want to keep my options open. Maybe something silly like Big Cheese or Corn Flakes would be fun as a name. Or maybe I should not have a set name and just change my name like how people change their clothes. I can be Onii-chan yesterday, Dude Upstairs today, Gluteus Maximus tomorrow, and Homo Erectus the day after. Why have one name when you can have any name?

— — — — — — —

If I was a ruler though, then yeah, I think this is where I would want to strut my authority and brag about my titles to other people to show who is boss. Being addressed as His Divine Imperial Ultraness sounds good.
The God Emperor of the United Galaxies of Andromeda and Milky Way seems like a cool default title.
I really like the ring of Mother of Dragons, but I am not a girl (Father of Dragons just does not sound cool in my opinion) and I am not sure if dragons are favorite monsters, and I cannot really think of anything else that sounds as epic; maybe I give one of my top waifus the epithet of Mother of Dragons instead.
Supreme Stud Master of the Best Waifu Harem: sounds a little a silly, but I like it.
The One Above All and Higher Than Crowns: I do not want to wear a crown, seems like a hassle, and it is blasphemy to suggest something as stupid as a circle should be above my head and above my authority.
The Invincible Aegis: So my subjects can say "the Emperor protects." Sounds pretty bad ass when Space Marines say it.
Feareater is another cool epithet I think, it shows that I eat evil and scary things for breakfast.

I guess the whole thing would be something like the following, stringing it all together:
His Divine Imperial Utraness, Ray of the Divine Imperial House of Ray, First of His Divine Imperial Name, the God Emperor of the United Galaxies of Andromeda and Milky Way, the One Above All and Higher Than Crowns, the Supreme Stud Master of the Best Waifu Harem, the Porker of the Mothers of Dragons, the Invincible Aegis, the Feareater.

Oh, and instead of kneeling or prostrating, I will go one step further and have people lie on flat on the ground with their stomach and face touching the floor. And people have to put their hands on their heads or wear a hat or wig or something on their head in my presence.

— — — — — — —

If I was a boss of an organization, I think it depends on the organization for what I want people to call me. I think I just rather people call me by my regular name to keep it short and simple and down to business.

El Presidente

Eh, I'd say probably just my name with Señor/Sir before it.

Truth be told, can't say I'd want to be in a position of authority. Only exception is Paradox games. Only.

"The World's End", because no no place under my leadership will last longer than five minutes.  I should not be in a position of power, I'd make dumb decisions.

Interdimensional Observer, by the fortune of Humanity, Meritocratic Omnimundus Imperator, forever Virtuous, Monarch of the Monolithic Worlds, Monarch of the Earth Beneath the Black Sun, Monarch of all Old Emblemlands, of the Restored Holy Empire of Archanea, of the One Kingdom of Valentia, Grannvale, Silesse, Agustria, of the Thracian Peninsula, of Issach, Miletos, Verdane, Yied, Sacae, Lycia, the Western Isles, Bern, Etruria, Ilia, Nabata, Renais, Rausten, Frelia, Grado, Jehanna, Monarch of the Five Laguz Realms, of the Three Beorc Countries, the Grann Desert, Monarch of Kanto and Johto, Monarch of Sinnoh, of the Islands and Mainland of the Hoenn Sea, Archducalbot of Orre, Duchalbot of Akkala, Labrynna, Horon, Kakariko, Eldin, Lanayru, Faron, Ordon, Lorule, Termina, the Sacred Realm, Landgravebot of Apocalyptic Tokyo, Principalitybot of Beanbean Kingdom, Rogueport and P'illo Island, Countessbot of Gotha, Figaro, Argonia, Esthar, Dundrasil, Mysidia, Azimuth, Aeoleus Vale, Ambervale, Cosmo Canyon, Tantegel, the Big Bridge, Zeal, Chronopolis, Norende, Clearbrook, Lazulis, Margravebot of the Unending Interdimensional Empire, Panamerica, Eurasfrica and Oceania, Ladybot of Reeve, Salia, Canaan, Leda, Welt, Yr, Zoa and Granada, et cetera.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, XRay said:

What about onii-chan?

I’m not sure I like the idea of being called both Daddy and Onii-chan, that’s heading into some strange territory.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

People can call me by the same thing they always do.

Well, I assume most people call you by phone...

11 hours ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Well, I assume most people call you by phone...

Nah, that's so 20th century.  We use telepathy now!  😛