I Took Cat Huffing To A Whole New Level

XRay

I was grooming my cat, then rolled up her fur into a wad, stuffed it up my nostrils, and I took a very deep breath. I do not know what compelled me, it just happened. It is a little gross, yes, but it gave me a very mild high. It is like ASMR but a bit milder than that, and it gives me a slight drowsy feeling like food coma. Maybe what I am experiencing is not really a high but just a mild lack of oxygen, but it still felt a bit pleasurable. I also tried molding the fur into a thin sheet and just let it sit on my nostrils too instead of stuffing my nose, and it gives a nice additional tickling feeling.

I think I still like it a bit better sniffing the fur right off her body directly. I get to feel her body heat, rub my hands all over her floofy fur, and hear her engine purr.

Am I the butthole for enjoying her shedded fur, but I would not let her enjoy her own fur? I enjoy sniffing it, but she likes to eat it! I do not think she should swallow her fur. Every time a present a wad of her fur from the furminator, she tries lick it and eat it instead of just sniffing it. Since she enjoys licking and eating it so much, I am starting to wonder whether I should just try and follow her lead to lick and eat it too...

Anyways, yeah, if you have a cat (or if you friend has a friendly cat), try cat huffing if you have not already done so. You do not have to take it as far as I have. To cat huff, all you need to do is to just rub your face on the cat (the best place is their belly, but that might be difficult for less cooperative cats), and then take a slow deep breath while their fur is covering your face. I find it very relaxing.

7 minutes ago, Brovett said:

I wish God took away my ability to read...like, bruh.

At least it is better than sniffing Sharpies or eating Tide Pods.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

At least it is better than sniffing Sharpies or eating Tide Pods.

Or sweeping someone's legs and causing them to fall backwards onto their own head.

... because apparently that's a thing.

35 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Or sweeping someone's legs and causing them to fall backwards onto their own head.

... because apparently that's a thing.

That is a mean thing to do.

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Sharpies smell good though. But I don't sit there and sniff them all day.

Do you insert them into your nostrils?

8 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Sorry, I can't try cat huffing since I'm allergic to cats.

What about dogs? I am not sure if dog huffing is a thing though.

6 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

My dog's hair makes me sneeze.

Oh no! It seems like you might be missing out on fur huffing completely. Well, if you get any other species of fur babies in the future, I recommend giving it a try. Maybe rabbits, mice, pigs, or other animals might have less irritating fur. I think huffing is a great way to bond with and get high off of animals.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh no! It seems like you might be missing out on fur huffing completely. Well, if you get any other species of fur babies in the future, I recommend giving it a try. Maybe rabbits, mice, pigs, or other animals might have less irritating fur. I think huffing is a great way to bond with and get high off of animals.

Some animals might bite or scratch if it's attempted. They need their personal boundaries respected.

22 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Some animals might bite or scratch if it's attempted. They need their personal boundaries respected.

As long as I don't step on him, Pepe doesn't care about what I do to him. Chico would have some objections, though.

13 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

As long as I don't step on him, Pepe doesn't care about what I do to him. Chico would have some objections, though.

Cheeto doesn't like his belly messed with.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

That is a mean thing to do.

I think it's more just stupidity, because there is consent involved.  People will do anything to get a minute of internet fame, including risking a severe head injury.  I mean, one guy buried his head in cement for a stupid viral video, knowing full well that it was a horrible idea, but he did it anyway and forced the fire department to devote, like, a half an hour to freeing him from his self-imposed head prison.

Guess they call it "viral" because it gets people hurt and killed.

37 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

That is true too, good point.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Cheeto doesn't like his belly messed with.

Darn, you are missing out on the best spot to cat huff! The sides and back are not bad, but belly huffing is best in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I think it's more just stupidity, because there is consent involved.  People will do anything to get a minute of internet fame, including risking a severe head injury.  I mean, one guy buried his head in cement for a stupid viral video, knowing full well that it was a horrible idea, but he did it anyway and forced the fire department to devote, like, a half an hour to freeing him from his self-imposed head prison.

Guess they call it "viral" because it gets people hurt and killed.

That is still inconsiderate though. What if there was a more pressing emergency that happened where people are in need of saving? Although I guess the firefighters can just leave him there and attend to more pressing matters before coming back to him.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That is still inconsiderate though. What if there was a more pressing emergency that happened where people are in need of saving? Although I guess the firefighters can just leave him there and attend to more pressing matters before coming back to him.

Thing is, they couldn't because the cement was quite literally starting to crush his skull, since it basically was sculpted around the frame of his head (plus some stupid tube his friends put in there to allow him to breathe).  Cement expands when it solidifies, and obviously it also becomes much heavier.  If they left him for a moment, he could've died.  So I don't think they could've left him unless they didn't care if he died.

And yeah, it's inconsiderate.  I find inconsideration and stupidity often go hand-in-hand.  Idiot almost certainly didn't think it through, and if he did then he's a humongous ass.

14 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Thing is, they couldn't because the cement was quite literally starting to crush his skull, since it basically was sculpted around the frame of his head (plus some stupid tube his friends put in there to allow him to breathe).  Cement expands when it solidifies, and obviously it also becomes much heavier.  If they left him for a moment, he could've died.  So I don't think they could've left him unless they didn't care if he died.

And yeah, it's inconsiderate.  I find inconsideration and stupidity often go hand-in-hand.  Idiot almost certainly didn't think it through, and if he did then he's a humongous ass.

Ouch. Well, I hope he got a good scolding from the emergency responders.