If You Were In Charge of Making Smash Bros 6...

Bk1234

I'd do the following:

Add new fighters such as 2B, Geralt, Spyro, Nathan Drake, Leon Kennedy, Dante, Ezio, and Yuri Lowell. 

Embrace multi-character movesets. All Pokemon wrapped into trainers. Samus and ZSS. Zelda and Sheik, etc.

Convert echo fighters and similar characters into costumes of their main fighter.

Clean up the representation for all franchises, focusing on distinct characters. For example, remove Toon Link and Young Link, while adding Midna & Wolf Link. 

Add in party/minigame modes akin to Pokemon Stadium or Mario Party. 

Add a randomly generated 2.5D platformer mode. It uses pre-built rooms (so it will always be possible to complete, as opposed to potentially complete gibberish) in random combinations. 

Edited by Etheus

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'd do the following:

Embrace multi-character movesets. All Pokemon wrapped into trainers. Samus and ZSS. Zelda and Sheik, etc.

Convert echo fighters and similar characters into costumes of their main fighter.

Clean up the representation for all franchises, focusing on distinct characters. For example, remove Toon Link and Young Link, while adding Midna & Wolf Link. 

Add in party/minigame modes akin to Pokemon Stadium or Mario Party. 

Add a randomly generated 3d platformer mode. It uses pre-built rooms (so it will always be possible to complete, as opposed to potentially complete gibberish) in random combinations. 

I like all of those!

I'd add-Don't add skills like Arsenne or however it is that you spell it.

Make Chrom, and Ike one fighter, everyone but Robin and Byleth into just Marths.

Add more 3rd party characters.

Add Zant as his own fighter

Add WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALUIGIIIII to the game as a playable character.

Cut characters: Pichu, Toon Link, Roy, Chrom, Cloud, Terry, Ryu and Ken.

Add Hades, Dixie Kong, Midna.

Lucina is now a Marth alt.

Ganondorf based on his Hyrule Warriors design and is de-cloned even further.

New Subspace Emissary-like Adventure mode.

Have a Brawl-esque Stage Builder.

Add Break the Targets back.

Waluigi still an Assist Trophy.

Have an actual Bowser's Castle stage for once (no, the third part of the Paper Mario stage doesn't count).

I'll add to this later if I come up with anything.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

My Ideas: 

TITLE: Super Smash Bros. Memoir (?)

1. Cutting Characters?: If it were possible, I would have everyone return. If I had to cut characters, I would cut Dark Samus, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Chrom, Dark Pit, Ken, Cloud, and Piranha Plant. 

2. Alternate Costumes: Daisy would be an alternate costume for Peach, Lucina would be an alternate costume for Marth (Lucina and Daisy would return as Echo Fighters if everyone returned), Inklings would receive Splatoon 2 costumes for alts. 

3. Newcomers: Some newcomers I would definitely add are Bandanna Waddle Dee, Rex and Pyra, Isaac, and Ryu Hayabusa. (These are only some, I have many in my head, I just have to consider who would be the best fit. Also, I will be making a FULL moveset for each character I would "definitely add.") 

4. Echo Fighters- Echo fighters will now have a new meaning: characters that are MOSTLY based on a character, but still have something unique (if everyone returns, then the old "definition" will apply.) The only one that comes to mind right now are the Octolings. 

5. Subspace-Like Adventure Mode: This mode will be similar in Subspace when it comes to scale, but the story will revolve around gaming history and memories. 

6. Memories: Pretty much spirits and trophies combined. They are a fragment of gaming that tells a story (trophy description), they can be collected in various modes. If you collect all the memories from specific games you can play a demo of the game. 

Tell me what you guys think?

First and foremost, I would add Edelgard as a fighter, as well as Dimitri and Claude. Too many Fire Emblem characters? I think not. I would totally be for creating super smash fire emblem edition with the most iconic characters from the entire series.

Otherwise I would add characters such as Midna, she is my favourite in the Legend of Zelda series. I also think there is too much focus on protagonists in general, so most series leads more supporting characters and antagonists as representation in addition to protagonists. 

I would also totally add Adachi from persona 4

My changes would be:

1) A big roster cut, leaving 45/50 characters at most, counting both veterans and newcomers: in particular, Fire Emblem characters would be reduced to just Marth, Ike, Robin and Byleth
Most notable newcomers: Estelle Bright/Lloyd Bannings/Rean Schwarzer (Trails series), 2B (NieR:Automata), Mark Evans (Inazuma Eleven), Tiz Arrior/Agnés Oblige/Ringabel/Edea Lee (Bravely Series), Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade 2)
Furthermore, Echo Fighters would be costumes for their original fighters, except for Ken

2) A brief description for every Spirit/Trophies just like previous Smash games

3) Return of Melee "Break the Targets" minigame

4) Return of Home Run Contest

5) Return of Boss Rush and All-Stars modes

6) More Mii Fighters archetypes

these are the things i would focus on if i were to make Smash 6, i would think about other things later

Characters:
If I were in charge of the next Smash Bros. game, I would keep every single character on the playable roster if at all possible. But if I absolutely had to make cuts, then the returning characters would be:

• Super Mario: Mario, Peach (with Daisy echo fighter), Bowser
  • Luigi's Mansion: Luigi, getting a tweak to his moves to represent his own franchise
  • Yoshi: Yoshi
  • WarioWare/Land: Wario
  • Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link (alternate costumes being his various tunics over the various games, main look Breath of the Wild except left-handed again), Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf
  • Metroid: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
  • Kirby: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
  • Star Fox: Fox, Wolf
  • Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer
  • Earthbound: Ness, Lucas
  • F-Zero: Captain Falcon
  • Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Robin, Byleth
  • Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
  • Pikmin: Olimar
  • Animal Crossing: Villager
  • Punch-Out: Little Mac
  • Xenoblade: Shulk
  • Splatoon: Inkling
  • Third-Party: Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Banjo & Kazooie
  • Miscellaneous Nintendo: Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt

That brings the total number of returning characters to 45 (including returning echo fighters and the Pokemon Trainer as one slot), only 8 more characters than Brawl had in total. The cut characters would be: Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Rosalina & Luma, Piranha Plant, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja, Incineroar, Falco, Young Link, Toon Link, Dark Samus, Roy, Lucina, Chrom, Corrin, Dark Pit, Isabelle, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, the Miis, Snake, Bayonetta, Ryu, Ken, Cloud, Simon, Richter, Joker, Hero, Terry, and whoever the Fighter Pass 2 characters are. That's over 30 characters cut from the roster, almost half of them.

Of course, there'd be new characters coming as well, but only a handful of them. The brand new characters would be:

• Super Mario: Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, Lord Frederik
  • The Legend of Zelda: Impa
  • Pokemon: Johto Pokemon Trainer (with Feraligatr, Quilava, and Chikorita)
  • Fire Emblem: Lyn
  • Kid Icarus: Medusa
  • Third-Party: Crash Bandicoot (provided he isn't a Fighter Pass 2 character; if he is a FP2 character, then he would remain on the roster)
  • Miscellaneous Nintendo: Isaac

This brings the total number of characters up to 54, two less than the number of characters Smash Wii U/3DS had (counting the Miis as one slot).

Stages:
I'm honestly not entirely sure of all the stages I would bring back, but some I know for sure I'd bring back are:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Peach's Castle (Melee)
  • Green Greens
  • Castle Siege
  • Coliseum
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Corneria
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Skyworld
  • Onett
  • Summit
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Wily Castle
  • Pac-Land
  • Spiral Mountain

As for new stages, I don't have too many ideas, but some new stages would be:

• Bowser's Castle
  • The Dread Isle/Dragon's Gate
  • Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
  • Mt. Silver
  • Frozen Volcano (DK: Tropical Freeze)

General stuff:
I would obviously bring back Classic Mode, and I'd try to have some sort of story-esque mode like Brawl and Ultimate had. All-Star Smash would return (the REAL ASM, not whatever Ultimate has), as would Break the Target, Home Run Contest, and various other modes like that. I'd keep the idea of Spirits rather than Trophies, except they wouldn't be called "Spirits" anymore (since World of Light isn't the story) and they'd all have a brief description. Event Battles would return, but they'd take on a form more akin to the Spirit fights in Ultimate. I'd also implement a mode similar to 3DS's Smash Run. And of course, every series would have a healthy amount of music.

General Stuff:
I, knowing I could not possibly make a game as big and grand as Smash Bros. Ultimate, would instead try to focus on making it a new experience that's great at the things it focuses on. I would also give the series a large overhaul and focus on quality over quantity. 

Fighters:
The roster would be given a rework almost entirely from scratch; freeing me to give certain characters a much needed update, as well as trim a large number of fighters, without upsetting too many fans. 

The roster would include but not be limited to the following:

Spoiler

Returning:

• Mario
  • Donkey Kong
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Yoshi
  • Kirby
  • Fox
  • Pikachu
  • Luigi*
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Zelda
  • Marth
  • Young Link*
  • Ganondorf*
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Meta Knight
  • Ike
  • Pokémon Trainer
  • Diddy Kong
  • King Dedede
  • Olimar
  • Palutena
  • Bowser Jr.

*Characters whose movesets would be heavily if not entirely redone:

• Young Link would now lean heavily towards using transformation masks: Deku, Goron and Zora. 
  • Ganondorf would now rely heavily on magic with a bit of swordsmanship, with a moveset reflecting his abilities in different Zelda games. 

Newcomers:

• Edelgard
  • Someone from Pokémon Sword & Shield

Extra:

Classic Mode, All-Star Mode, Melee "Break the Targets" would return, as would Boss Battles (but this time, individual bosses instead of a boss rush)...

Most significantly, a brand new Adventure Mode that takes the best parts of Adventure Mode, Subspace Emissary, and World of Light while doing something new:

It uses the overworld map of World of Light, but uses Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary's 2D Side-scrolling and use of enemy minions. There would be a heavy emphasis on adventure and conflict between the different characters in such a way that it is believable. There would also be a heavy emphasis on visual storytelling, with zero dialogue. Picking different characters will mean a significant difference for large chunks, increasing replayability. 

What do you think? 

Edited by vanguard333

Increase the landing lag of aerials, increase the jump squat frames from 3 to 5 or so. Slow the speed generally, the game is way too lagless and riskless. Trying to remove the infinite loops that are a thing. That's just the beginning. 

Edited by lightcosmo