Who would win in a fight: Kirby or Saitama (One Punch Man)?

indigoasis

Who would win in a fight?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Kirby or Saitama?

• Kirby!
    • Saitama!
    • Both!
    • Neither!
    • Other!

Probably the two most powerful fictional characters that exist (that I can think of or am concerned with) are Kirby (from... Kirby) and Saitama (from One Punch Man).

If these two were put into a one-on-one fighting scenario, who do you believe would come out on top?

.... Kirby's invincible and OP ?

4 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I see them becoming friends instead and getting something to eat together. They seem like kindred spirits to me.

That too ! They're way too chill .

Saitama is completely invincible and his power level is so ridiculously high that characters like Goku and Superman wouldn't even be a threat to him. 

"But Kirby can absorb his powers!" He has to suck him up first, and Saitama was unfazed when an opponent created a singularity underneath Saitama. I doubt Kirby trying to inhale him would do anything. Saitama would probably just stand there looking bored. 

Honestly, though, I doubt they would even fight. Unless Saitama mistakes Kirby for a monster, odds are that they wouldn't even fight at all. They'd probably challenge each other to an eating contest at a noodle restaurant, and Saitama would lose at that competition. 

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Saitama is completely invincible and his power level is so ridiculously high that characters like Goku and Superman wouldn't even be a threat to him. 

"But Kirby can absorb his powers!" He has to suck him up first, and Saitama was unfazed when an opponent created a singularity underneath Saitama. I doubt Kirby trying to inhale him would do anything. Saitama would probably just stand there looking bored. 

What are you reffering tho? I never heard even the most diehard Saitama fanboy of the "Saitama can beat The One Above All" talking about "singularities.

There are many character that can clap even the most Highballed version of saitama possible(assuming his punch has a conceptual power of "always defeating the enemy". In that case it would be roughly on par whit Fiamma of the Right's power). Kirby can beat Saitama if you apply powerscaling and assume that the Serious Punch was indeed serious and so not too far from his maximum output. Some people assume that Saitama has infinite striking Force, to wich kirby has existing but limited responses. Other  people treat Saitama punches as a comedic superpower, in the vein of Bugs Bunny being able to casually warp reality when it is fun to do so. Kirby has such a power too(in powerlevel discussion is usually called "toonforce", and high end Kirby feats are still better than high end Saitama feats, toonforce or not. But then can we say that Popeye is stronger than Arale because the former catched the Sun whit a lasso and the latter split the Earth whit a punch? Neither of those moments were intended to be serious.

55 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

What are you reffering tho? I never heard even the most diehard Saitama fanboy of the "Saitama can beat The One Above All" talking about "singularities.

Remember the squid-like alien thing (Geryuganshoop) that created a black hole underneath Saitama through telekinesis, and Saitama just stood there bored? That's what I mean. Kirby wouldn't be able to swallow Saitama as he'd first have to suck up Saitama, and we've seen characters like Geryuganshoop try something similar, only for Saitama to just stand there and not be pulled around at all. 

59 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

There are many character that can clap even the most Highballed version of saitama possible(assuming his punch has a conceptual power of "always defeating the enemy". In that case it would be roughly on par whit Fiamma of the Right's power). Kirby can beat Saitama if you apply powerscaling and assume that the Serious Punch was indeed serious and so not too far from his maximum output. Some people assume that Saitama has infinite striking Force, to wich kirby has existing but limited responses.

That would be an incorrect assumption; Saitama's "serious punch" is just him throwing it more like a proper punch. with a "normal punch", he's just pushing his fist forward with no effort at all. WIth a "serious punch", he is putting some effort into it, but we can't assume it's even remotely close to his full power. Lord Boros even comments on this after they fought:

Boros: "Thank you for the hard-fought fight."

Saitama: "Yeah; it was hard-fought."

Boros: "...You lie, Saitama. You had strength to spare. It was never even a fight."

Again, not even the "saitama beat ToAA" consider that a Black Hole. If Boros is able to destroy a planet if he put the best of his effort, it's unreasonable to expect his underling to use an attack thousand of times stronger than a Black Hole. Even if he highball him into a star buster, star buster usually means something like the sun, not busting a red giant. 

Also, there is a somewhat controversial feat about Kirby fighting in a black hole. Screwattack mentioned it in their "Kirby vs Majin Bu" video. But Screwattack in general does a lot of mistakes. And for goku and superman a black hole is child play lol. 

That said, i know that the serius punch is not Saitama best attack, but it's still a serious attack. I find hard to say that saitama can destroy the universe if he had to fight somewhat seriously againist a mere planet buster.

1 hour ago, Flere210 said:

Again, not even the "saitama beat ToAA" consider that a Black Hole. If Boros is able to destroy a planet if he put the best of his effort, it's unreasonable to expect his underling to use an attack thousand of times stronger than a Black Hole. Even if he highball him into a star buster, star buster usually means something like the sun, not busting a red giant. 

Also, there is a somewhat controversial feat about Kirby fighting in a black hole. Screwattack mentioned it in their "Kirby vs Majin Bu" video. But Screwattack in general does a lot of mistakes. And for goku and superman a black hole is child play lol. 

That said, i know that the serius punch is not Saitama best attack, but it's still a serious attack. I find hard to say that saitama can destroy the universe if he had to fight somewhat seriously againist a mere planet buster.

I didn't mean it was literally the power of a black hole, but he created a singularity underneath Saitama that sucked up everything in the room that wasn't fastened down except for Saitama, who was able to just stand there. The point is that Kirby cannot suck up Saitama, as seen by a similar attempt being met with complete failure. 

Saitama works by parody; the whole point is that nothing he comes across will ever truly challenge him. So, I don't think Kirby would be able to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 9:19 AM, vanguard333 said:

Saitama is completely invincible and his power level is so ridiculously high that like Goku and Superman wouldn't even be characters a threat to him.

Cute.