COVID-19 Discussion & Resources

Johann

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, Armchair General said:

Well, several dozen teachers from Los Angeles are out of an job because they refused to get the vaccine.

School staff, not necessarily classroom teachers. But it's still fascinating. Many years ago I had to show full proof of all shots just to be a guest speaker in a classroom for a few days. Gotta wonder how they got the job in the first place. I'm expecting it's a bunch of senior staff that have been on board since before those standards were in place. 

17 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

A guy in New Zealand managed to get 10 does in a single day in an attempt to make up for those who refuse to take the vaccine...Or it's a part of a scam.

I've always been curious what would happen if you got multiple vaccination doses. I was thinking you'd get super-buffed against COVID, but I guess it just makes you feel worse right after the dose than if you just had the standard doses without much more benefit beyond that.

Anyway, the article mentioned that he was probably paid to take those doses, so I would wager it was to make a quick buck for basically little to no downside. Making up for people not getting vacced doesn't make a whole lot of sense if it's only going into one person... at least, that's what I would think.

15 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I've always been curious what would happen if you got multiple vaccination doses. I was thinking you'd get super-buffed against COVID, but I guess it just makes you feel worse right after the dose than if you just had the standard doses without much more benefit beyond that.

All a vaccine does is alerts up your immune system to a specific pathogen, taking too many might cause some problems with your cells freaking over what is essentially an "invasion" of inert bacteria (or a neutered virus, in this case). It's almost along the lines of overdosing on illegal drugs, when I think about it.

15 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Making up for people not getting vacced doesn't make a whole lot of sense if it's only going into one person... at least, that's what I would think.

You'd be surprised on ridiculous people can get.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 3:04 AM, Armchair General said:

A guy in New Zealand managed to get 10 does in a single day in an attempt to make up for those who refuse to take the vaccine...Or it's a part of a scam.
Recently, in connection with the coronavirus and the pandemic in general, he became interested in nursing. Yesterday I click this link and found a lot of useful information about nursing, the features of this profession.

Maybe he got paid for it?😁

Edited by KingHarris

• 5 months later...

Well, I finally got COVID. Make sure to get all your shots! I did not get the fourth COVID vaccine, so maybe this is the newest strain or something.

And while you are at it, might as well get the flu vaccine too since winter is coming.

As for my symptoms so far, I feel a bit tired, my torso aches, I have a light cough, and my eyes feel a little warm.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by XRay

Oh yeah, I tested negative yesterday! I decided to just take the rest of the week off instead of going back to work. I will test myself again later tomorrow or Saturday to pretend that I found out I tested negative then.

I think the symptom that stuck with me the longest was my cough.

Edited by XRay