Sideways Doors in FEBuilder Not Working

AnonymousSpeed

I've been working with FEBuilder and following MarkyJoe's tutorial, but I'm having a small problem with sideways doors. Normal doors which face the screen work perfectly fine, but the sideways ones don't for some reason. I've tried changing the address and creating a new event for the door, but neither worked. When a unit stands next to a sideways doors with a door key in their inventory, the "Door" command doesn't appear.

Is there some additional step or consideration for sideways doors in FEBuilder? What solutions might exist for this problem?

52 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I've been working with FEBuilder and following MarkyJoe's tutorial, but I'm having a small problem with sideways doors. Normal doors which face the screen work perfectly fine, but the sideways ones don't for some reason. I've tried changing the address and creating a new event for the door, but neither worked. When a unit stands next to a sideways doors with a door key in their inventory, the "Door" command doesn't appear.

Is there some additional step or consideration for sideways doors in FEBuilder? What solutions might exist for this problem?

From what I can tell, you have to make BOTH doors event tiles, and have them set as a dummy event (event 1, that is.) Of course, that's on an FE8 Rom, so I can't say if it's the same for FE6.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

From what I can tell, you have to make BOTH doors event tiles, and have them set as a dummy event (event 1, that is.) Of course, that's on an FE8 Rom, so I can't say if it's the same for FE6.

I'm actually working on FE7 for this.

When you say both doors, do you mean the tile you open the door next do and the one below it?

2143436696_VisualBoyAdvance-67.png.c8530cf34b818a4096ef8494716c65a7.png

I.E the tile the paladin is on and the one below it? I do have both tiles (and the one above) in the tile change.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Alright, kind of weird, but changing it to different door tiles worked. Not sure why, but good to know, thanks.

Apparantly, the door lock in GBA FEs are one sided. 

• 2 years later...

Perhaps this is some kind of bug, look on the Internet to find a solution to this problem. Or wait for the next update the game, I am sure the developers are aware of this problem and will soon release a fix game. Generally, it is a pity that the games are not like in real life, if something broke, you can call the wizard and he will fix it. For example broke your garage door, you called fixgaragedoors.ca these guys and they fixed everything for you. The whole problem was solved in literally 2 or 3 actions, it doesn't work that way with games. There is a much more complicated mechanism consisting of codes, fixing which takes time and effort.

Edited by SiariIstina