Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Familial Festivities)

Landmaster

So with Est I'm kinda hoping for a bunny Minerva next year. 

Idunn is my favorite unit on this banner so will probably try for her.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS: Oh look, it's crapping on male seasonals time again. 

It's even funnier that both guys are part of two of the most oversaturated classes, Narcian as a lance flier and Bartre is most likely sword infantry. My orbs have never been safer.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Catria was added with Kagero, Alfonse and Sharena.

Palla was added with Marisa, Bruno, Veronica and Loki.

They were as lost as Est here.

Catria and Palla's banners featured characters from three different games.

Est is surrounded by four FE6 characters.

Yeah, Est is much more out of place, dude.

So the predictions of Bartre/Fir or Bartre/Est were on point. Not too surprising to see both girls get in. 

As for the banner itself. 

Duo Idunn is as strong as one would expect a Duo unit to be. Which means bonkers in the player hands and eh for the AI. I adore Idunn but this one's art just doesn't make it for me, which is a shame. 

Est is pretty nice. She basically gets a free +5 and debuff nullify as long as she doesn't get too far from her teammates, which is guaranteed in Flier comps. Her fodder is also pretty premium so that's cool. Blue mage fliers aren't all that common, but they aren't all that rare either. How effective she'll be with her Prf will depend on how much she leans towards the bulky side of the spectrum, otherwise Blade tome will prevail. 

Narcian completes the Whitewings quartet and brings some good fodder. He's the 4* hero so it stands to reason he's going to be several notches below the others. Also, he's the nth underwhelming Lance Flier so that's another con for everyone's favorite Whitewing.

If you ask me, Fir is the best unit in the banner. Her Prf is NFU+NCD with armor effectiveness and slaying effect. That's bonkers! Considering how fliers don't have access to NFU or NCD this makes Fir super valuable for Ward stacking Flier balls, and even on her own she should be able to put up a fight if you give her Desperation. As for fodder, Atk/Spd Solo is becoming the new Swift Sparrow 2 and Air Orders has it's uses in Flier balls. 

Bartre is 100% going to have Narcian's weapon in sword form, it'll be good for tanks so all that remains is to see what fodder he'll bring to the table. 

Edit: I read wrong Fir's weapon description. It's just NFU, which is still pretty awesome but she's not as bonkers as I originally thought.

Edited by Alexmender

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

@Anacybele I'm telling this you now

please stop killing other peoples fun

I get it, you don't like it, best thing to do is just to ignore it

Fair enough. I don't really have anything more to say on it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is another reason this banner greatly disappoints me. Same old same old with the sexism.

It's getting very obvious at this stage.

For some reason I'm tempted to pull for Narcian even though I don't actually like him as a character all that much. However, I like that he's actually enjoying the festival instead of being like "who would dare put Narcian the great in such a dumb costume". Catria for the black sheep of the family or something, not only is she the only one on a horse, but she's the only one not having fun.

Also, Idunn (and Fae) are the first non-lord duo unit. Why am I not surprised? IS we don't need this many stupidly OP armor dragons.

Ooh... I can totally skip this one if I wanted to... I have the worst case of FOMO though, and I might try for the Duo. Maybe I will pick up Narcian cuz he’s 4* along the way, and I wouldn’t mind an Est. I wouldn’t mind a Fir, too, but this whole banner is pretty much on the same boat. All good units, nothing spectacular though or any of my favorites. 
Duo Fae and Idunn are really cute! Their ability is bonkers... but, well, we shall see. I might try for Linde instead. None of the other bunnies are tempting me either... it feels good to not be tempted. But again... we shall see 😛 

I'm pretty happy that Bartre is the TT unit, I think it's kinda fitting for him. The only thing I'm mildly disappointed about is that it's Binding Blade Bartre and not Blazing Blade Bartre, but I suppose that was to be expected.

Also, I'm really liking the art for this banner. Last year's Spring banner wasn't my favorite in the art department, honestly; it wasn't bad by any means, just not...very good? In my opinion, anyway. Even Palla looked kind of odd with her pose. I'm liking Est's bunny art a lot more.

It's Hare Heroes again.

Est first (Probably the most obvious, also when Macedon royalty?), as a blue flier with Eagle's Egg (+3 Atk, if unit in 2 spaces of ally gets +5 to all stats and neutralises penalties), Moonbow, Fury 4, Chill Atk/Res 2 (So dual chills. Clearly IS is out of chill itself) and Hone Fliers. Second is Fir (She should've been First.) as a flying axe with Bun-Bun Baton (-1 SC, Armourslaying, Null Follow-Up (So that's also wild)), Harsh Command+, Atk/Spd solo and Air Orders 3. Next is Narcian, who's a lance flier with GIlt Fork (IF ally is in two spaces gets +5 to Atk/Def and neutralises penalties to those stats), Vengeance, Chill Spd and Lance Exp (Which is new? Really?) (Bad fodder, hope his stats don't suck). To finish we get Fae + Idoun, who are a Red Armour Dragon with Zephyr Breath (Res +3, Armour Effectiveness, if there's a bonus on unit/ally in 2 spaces, neutralises penalties and reduces foe's Atk by 6 and they get -1 to follow-up), Iceberg, Sturdy Stance 3 (Like Mirror but defence), Vengeful Fighter 3 and Goad Dragons (so the stats are the real important part and those are as expected, barring her being slightly faster than I'd have predicted). Their duo power give armour movement and nullifies armour effectiveness (Winter Sothis is ready to destroy everything that was left then).

Bartre's the TT unit and has a sword (When BS alt you cowards?), and of course Narcian's the 4*. Est and Fir might be worth considering personally while Fae + Idoun are here to make a unit nigh indestructible.

No complaints here.

- Est is expected and a solid unit, don't need a blue flying mage though, and it's Est. On the plus side, it means Palla is next up for an alt right? Right? 😛 (Bunny Palla is a fine unit but too soft and pale for my style)

- Fir looks good, both in terms of art and skills, and represents an elusive fast axe flier, finally replacing Swimsuit Innes as the only choice in this category. Probably the highlight of the banner for me. I also feel she's the least same-facey kaya8 piece so far.

- Narcian is vindicated in his self admiration. Probably unnecessary as a unit though as I imagine Altena will be in the 3-4* pool soon and is likely to have a similar statline.

- Idunn and Fae I'm sure are good, but not the kind of unit I'd ever really use. Haven't even looked up what their Duo button does.

So yeah, Fir is the one to go for for mine ...once she appears on a legendary or double-seasonal banner.

Edited by Humanoid

Hey, mind if I ask we don't try to compare this to being sexist against men (at least in these topics)? Most of the folks at IS if I'm not mistaken are men themselves, and sexism is a bit of a serious, sensitive topic that sounds like it should go into Serious Discussion (we had another FEH topic go there a couple years ago, too, so assuming nothing's changed, it should be okay to make a topic there).

It's fine to complain about the ratio of men to women, but let's not take it too far here. Mind your words, folks!

Edited by NoirCore

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... This is your personal opinion, right?

I liked Bartre as TT unit, and I hope he has good skills as well.

If you are talking about his character, I have nothing against him.

What I meant is what skills and what he is going to get as a unit in general. His weapon might be the only redeemable factor. But him being in a very, very saturated class isn't going to help.

Otherwise,  he can join Canas, Tobin, Travant, Cormag, Gerome, Haar, Heath and Rudger for the many males TT and GHB that got screwed over by IS

Edited by Nym

This lineup couldn’t be more disinteresting to me if it tried, but that is good when Lysithea and Bernie keep stealing the orbs I’m trying to save yup and definitely not my fault. Plus, I suppose this is still better than getting bunny Surtr.

A small consolation for Bartre in terms of spread might be that he'll be the new standard for slowness. There's a real lack of slow sword infantry, with only Helbindi 18 being lower than Hinata and Seliph's blazing fast 24. That's a crazy gap considering how common the class is. So for the same reason Fir is great, I think Bartre fits a good niche.

Narcian should have been infantry though, blah.

Probably will just free summon on Blue and dip. Narcian is generic, but looks hilarious. And Est would be a fine addition to my collection since I have both of her sisters. Fir and Fae are cute, but I don't really need anymore one off units. 

Bartre could be cool, but it depends on which class he his. Hoping he's a dagger infantry / flier cause we already got Itsuki and Altina this year as free units this year.

EDIT: NVM turns out he's an infantry Sword. Most likely won't use him over Itsuki and Astram then.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

By far, the most interesting unit on the banner to me is Fir. Not only is she cute but she also has a sweet Prf weapon (Slaying Axe with armorkiller and NFU3)! I can't believe that I'm saying that I want Fir to come home soon (OG Fir comes home very often to me when I pull red). That said, I hope she comes home soon since I'm trying to save orbs for Lyn's return. Fir can run a nasty Windsweep/Watersweep set.

Est having Chill Atk/Res... welp, dual Chill skills are going to be a thing and this one can easily mess up Light AR tanks... though that would probably just make more players use Brave Ike or some Close Call/Repel tank. There's also Duo Idunn's Duo skill granting null armor/dragonkiller effect for dragon/armored units though she is an armored unit and is still a unit that takes up a slot so she may not be used very often once the bonus season ends, especially since she's a red unit on a standard 4-unit banner.

Assuming Bartre is a sword infantry unit, he's kind of an oof... since we do already have Astram and Itsuki. I hope he has interesting fodder though given what Narcian has, I'm not too crazy about the seasonal inheritable weapons.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Not my favorite seasonal because I find the outfits/costumes just simply atrocious in my opinion. However, I really like Idunn's costume. It's cute and not too ridiculous. 

I'm probably skipping on this banner because it just simply doesn't appeal to me (because there's many better spring themes imo- what about a flower banner or something? Or something like Las Fallas or the Thai water festival? Just a few ideas). 

I am glad that Fir is a flying axe user (despite her weapon looking more like a sword). I feel like we haven't gotten flying axe user in a while.

Also, the Whitewings can now be the white hares. I do wish Est was a green unit though just because Catria was blue and Palla was red already.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a pretty cool banner.

I expect Bartre's sword to have the same effect as Narcian's Lance. Idunn looks to be a great Hero as well, but to be Fair I would be tempted to fodder her for that A skill.

Also, it's nice that they added the two last whitewings at the same time: Est and Narcian.

All whitewings were out of place, in all Spring banners.

Catria kind of makes sense as they always try to put in a "totally embarrassed to be in this outfit" type of unit.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Also I saw Narcian’s weapon and read “git fork”. Had to do a double take.

Now I want Kaiji to make a voice clip of Narcian attempting to debug code.  😛

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Otherwise,  he can join Canas, Tobin, Travant, Cormag, Gerome, Haar, Heath and Rudger for the many males TT and GHB that got screwed over by IS

I made Haar and Heath into something competent, and I think Cormag/Rutger are doable, too.  You're free to complain, though all it tells me is that you're not invested enough to figure out how to make a unit shine.  So fix it or stop complaining.

---

I'd be doing this solely for Fae.  Though with the TT banner, I might have another shot at Idunn (mine's +Spd/-Atk and very unhappy).  Regular Narcian probably isn't going to be on the banner, which leaves 5* versions of Fae, Fir, Est, and Bartre - those who are fans of them probably have them at 5* already.