Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Familial Festivities)

Landmaster

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I made Haar and Heath into something competent, and I think Cormag/Rutger are doable, too.  You're free to complain, though all it tells me is that you're not invested enough to figure out how to make a unit shine.  So fix it or stop complaining.

Rutger's one of my best units. Considering all of these units can, with time, become free +10 units with either great stats/BST or (eventual) weapon refines, they're really great. I'll gladly take my favorites as Grail units since it means as long as I keep playing, they'll eventually be +10.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

For some reason I'm tempted to pull for Narcian even though I don't actually like him as a character all that much. However, I like that he's actually enjoying the festival instead of being like "who would dare put Narcian the great in such a dumb costume".

Narcian is never wrong. His costume is never dumb. All of this is going exactly according to plan.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Rutger's one of my best units. Considering all of these units can, with time, become free +10 units with either great stats/BST or (eventual) weapon refines, they're really great. I'll gladly take my favorites as Grail units since it means as long as I keep playing, they'll eventually be +10.

They're also auto-neutral, which means I'm not at the whims of gacha for something good (I'm still waiting for a Brady that's not +Def or something equally ridiculous).  I should sit down with all of the grail units, and try to make them useful.  Even Narcian!

If Bartre has a good spread, he could very well be something akin to Itsuki.  Though if he's anything like his axe-wielding self, I suspect he'll have high HP/Atk. decent Def, and poor Spd/Res.

Legendary Hector: "I am the only Armorer that can naturally prevent Follow-up attacks as long as i have all my friends near me and get Def +3!"

Idunn: "Hold my beer! I get +3 Res, can prevent Follow-up attacks from enemies, inflict -6 Atk, neutralize all my penalties and deal adaptiv damage to ranged units! And all i need is 1 person near me or a buff! Also did i mention i have a perky duo skill that gives me Armor- and Dragonslaying immunity? Did i also mention my 185 BST DUUUUHH!!"

L.Hector: "oh..."

1 year later:

Blabla: "Hi my name is Blabla and i am a Dragon! My Breath allows me to: prevent follow up attacks, gives me auto-follow up attacks on both phases, i neutralize all penaltys on me and debuff the enemy with -6 to all stats while i gain +6 to all stats. Did I also mention that i have effectiv damage against Infantry, Armorers, Dragons and Horses? Also my Duo-Skills rips the sky open and sends out lightning strikes that deal 60 dmg to all the enemies and bounds them for 1 round! and all i need for that? just be in the game!? I also forgot to mention that i have 195 BST DUUUUUU!"

2 hours ago, Nym said:

Otherwise,  he can join Canas, Tobin, Travant, Cormag, Gerome, Haar, Heath and Rudger for the many males TT and GHB that got screwed over by IS

Canas is a mage, and mages can hardly be screwed by the simple virtue of Blade tomes existing. The vast majority of mages can run Counter-Vantage, standard Player Phase, or both relatively well. He will not be top tier, but he will not be unusable.

Rutger has a niche for Galeforce, so he is absolutely not useless. He can also run a standard Player Phase build, and Player Phase units do not need crazy stats nor premium A skills to work well. As long as the stats are not complete trash and you give them a complete kit, they will do just fine.

Cormag and Heath can run standard Player Phase pretty well. And as mentioned above, they do not need crazy stats nor premium A skills to work well.

Travant, Gerome, and Haar can all run a slow Brave build or a Def tank build. Again, nothing rivalling top tier units, but definitely not unusable.

Tobin is... well... Tobin. As a super tank though, stat distribution does not matter as much since that is adjustable with buffs, and total BST matters a little more than stat distribution in my opinion, so he got enough BST to work decently well.

Hrm... I dunno how to feel about this banner...

~Est really should have been Green, then the player could have a fully complementary team of the Spring Whitewings. But nope, once again they are two Blue one Red...
Est herself looks good though.

~Fir looks pretty simple as far as weapons go, basically all the effects that a speedy unit would want in one weapon. Pretty punishing to an ar-
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE THEY PUT ACCELERATED SPECIAL TRIGGER ON A UNIT WITH NO SPECIALS??? ON A GEN 4 UNIT??? For shame, I though this only happened on new refined weapons...

~...yep Narcian looks like a demote. Still marginally better than the demote units we've had so far... still don't know how the hell I'm supposed to use Valentine Conrad with his default weapon...

~...yep, Duo Idunn/Fae is overpowered as all new holiday dragons are.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Idunn was a pretty decent choice but i'm dissapointed in her partner. Of the kids that partner up with Idunn Lugh is the far more interesting one. A bunny Lugh playing with Idunn would be far more interesting and cuter too.

...what? Wait I don't... when did Lugh ever interact with Idunn? We thinking of the same Lugh, Nino's cheerful twerp, twin of Nino's emo twerp?
Fae at least is implied to have interaction with Idunn, as all Duo Heroes so far have established relationships, but... I'm sorry, I don't see how Idunn/Lugh would even work.

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...what? Wait I don't... when did Lugh ever interact with Idunn? We thinking of the same Lugh, Nino's cheerful twerp, twin of Nino's emo twerp?
Fae at least is implied to have interaction with Idunn, as all Duo Heroes so far have established relationships, but... I'm sorry, I don't see how Idunn/Lugh would even work.

Their forging bonds when both got into the game. When a confused Idunn wonders off a worried Lugh goes with her and as they have a little trip together he teaches her to be nice. It was probably the best forging bonds story out there. He was basically a shoutout to what Fae was doing to Idunn except he was Lugh and thus better. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Wow... this is one of the most skippable banners in recent memory.

Est is whatever. Duel Chill is interesting but ultimately the only purpose she serves is to make AR Light Season a pain. Her offenses are to be expected but it's just... stale and somewhat toxic in the grand scheme of things.

Fir is the most interesting one on the banner as a fast axe flier. Null Followup Armor Eff Slaying weapon is great. Just don't care for bunnies and she's unecessary for me still.

Narcian is the trash demote unit the game is obligated to give now so they purposefully make them garbage. Lance flier cause of course we want more of those. Only thing interesting is the lance but most of the lance units that matter have prfs so it's almost like what's the point.

Duo Idunn is disgusting. I still don't have a red armor dragon so I'm sure she'd be fantastic. Can't help but feel like she'll just be even more cancer for AR though. Regular Idunn was hard enough to deal with but this Idunn is just too much. I may have to actually craft a second light team just for units like this. Matthew can do literally nothing against her.

Bartre is the sacrifice. They had a chance to make him interesting and give us FE7 Bartre but instead is just dad Bartre again and they even shoved him into the most saturated class in the game so he's doomed to a life of mediocrity and being overshadowed. His weapon will probably be a sword version of Narcians which is cool I guess but then the problem is the same as the lances for units to inherit it on.

It's like the game knew I wanted to save. And with no Forging Bonds for Tickets and the TT featuring one of my main team's units (Fae!) there's 0 incentive to spend orbs on anything more than the initial discounted pool.

Pulling all but colorless on the first circle and I'm out.

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Est really should have been Green, then the player could have a fully complementary team of the Spring Whitewings. But nope, once again they are two Blue one Red...
Est herself looks good though.

Maybe they will have Minerva complete the primary colors next year with green. But yeah, if they did Est as green, the White Wings will have full command of the triangle and then they can just have Minerva or Michalis be colorless or something.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Duo Idunn is disgusting. I still don't have a red armor dragon so I'm sure she'd be fantastic. Can't help but feel like she'll just be even more cancer for AR though. Regular Idunn was hard enough to deal with but this Idunn is just too much. I may have to actually craft a second light team just for units like this. Matthew can do literally nothing against her.

She wont be used in Defensiv setups much because the AI cant activate her Duo-Skill. The real cancer comes from her being in an offense Team, because she annihilates all weakness Dragons and Armorers have. Which means armorers are back at supertanking, which means i really need to pull out the most disgusting Defense builds

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

She wont be used in Defensiv setups much because the AI cant activate her Duo-Skill. The real cancer comes from her being in an offense Team, because she annihilates all weakness Dragons and Armorers have. Which means armorers are back at supertanking, which means i really need to pull out the most disgusting Defense builds

I am not sure about using armors as super tanks if they are just as expensive to build as BH!Ike, who is pretty close to being invincible now with the right set up on offense or defense. With Close Call/Repel, BH!Ike can block like 64% of the damage (0.36=0.6*0.6) on the first hit, and the second hit gets reduced so much that it is generally in the single digits at this point (88% damage reduction; 0.12=0.2*0.6).

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure about using armors as super tanks if they are just as expensive to build as BH!Ike, who is pretty close to being invincible now with the right set up on offense or defense. With Close Call/Repel, BH!Ike can block like 64% of the damage (0.36=0.6*0.6) on the first hit, and the second hit gets reduced so much that it is generally in the single digits at this point (88% damage reduction; 0.12=0.2*0.6).

Not to mention that you have to give up a unit slot to run Duo Idunn, so you lose out on a ton of buffs that defeats the purpose of using an armour in the first place.

Idunn, like most new units, will be used as a bonus unit, then dropped for the next FotM. The meta is fairly settled imo.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Only remotely annoying in an AR-O team since Duo skills can only be used by the player, not the AI. Plus, it only works for 1 turn (unless they bring in that Duo building that allows for multiple uses of a Duo skill) and Duo Idunn takes up a limited unit slot so it's very likely that she's not going to see a lot of play once her bonus season ends.

And yeah, as a few others have mentioned, Brave Ike is ridiculous as a tank with basically no weakness aside from red color (a soft counter at best) and AoEs.

In the hands of the player, I can see Duo Idunn being useful as a support unit for fellow dragons with dragonkiller weapons that are going to enemy phase enemy dragons with dragonkiller weapons. (ie. Tiki vs Tiki)

i'm happy i wasn't wrong, this banner is of zero interest to me

my orbs and sanity due to a possible Bunny Rhea: preserved

anyway why is no one mentioning how stupid Est's weapon's effect is, compared to its condition? i mean, all stats+5 during combat AND penalty negation JUST BY HAVING AN ALLY WITHIN 2 SPACES, and of course atk +3 because why the hell not
people like to make memes about how short early 2017 prf weapon's descriptions were, and now IntSys throws them all out of the window by adding a prf weapon with a description just as short, but 100000 times better, it's absurd

also yeah, idunn is op, but that's to be expected from an armored dragon duo unit i'm honestly surprised she doesn't have 200 BST since they're technically 2 dragons counting as one unit

5 hours ago, Johann said:

exactly. every banner it's whinge whinge whinge "this unit is in grails/doesn't have a good kit." where to me it's like. 
Great. now i just need to get the Skill, and they can do extremely well. i've seen some monster grail unit builds. it just takes a little bit of tender love and care and skill inheritance. 

at any rate. this banner is a skip, i hope i can get bun bun Fir/Est down the road but i've got bigger plans for mah orbs.

Ah, there's an official thread for this. Well, I'll just post here what I posted in the silhouette thread.

I have about 30 orbs, so...yeah. Too bad, too, because I kind of want all of them for one reason or other. Est's weapon is CRAZY. Would love to give it to someone who I like better. Narcian is great, and actually looks pretty good in his bunny outfit, I think. Also, he has a fork for a weapon. I've been wanting to make a utensils team for a while, and he'd make a great addition! (Bunny Alfonse, Bride Charlotte (who I still need), Bunny Narcian and Bunny Bartre (who looks like he's wielding a golden knife as a sword) would be PERFECT! They even have color balance!) And then there's our first female-lead duo unit: Idunn, with little Fae following her around. So cute! AND they're dragons! (I find that I really like using dragons. Also, first dragonstone duo unit!) Their kit looks pretty great for an EP fighter like me, too. Again, I can't accent enough how cute they are. Further, their duo skill is so handy (again, especially for EP fighters, I think)! Their egg-stone looks pretty sweet, too. So pretty. ^_^ And...finally...I HAVE MY BUNNY DRAGONS! THIS IS WHY I SHIP YARNE AND NAH! As for Fir...hmm I like her well enough (except that she keeps showing up in her original form almost whenever I summon red) and her cotton tail is cute. I like how she's really getting into the festival, too. Cute.

I'm really glad Bartre is free. Means I don't have to pull for him. Still, as mentioned, I don't have a lot of orbs right now. I may have to wait until next year or something to get everyone I want here (which, really, are Bunny Narcian and Bunny Idunn. I can live without the others, unless they happen to show up for me sometime. I'd be okay with that.) But I think I'll be free pulling for Narcian. Much as I love my bunny dragons, I need my flatware.

Edit: Waitaminute, Narcian's the 4*? HECK YEAH! That'll make him much easier to pull! ^_^ I need to save my orbs, though, so still not going for the cute dragon bunnies. Maybe some other time.

Edit: Okay, so I thought that Sharena might have updated her thing on the heroes and she can't stop talking about Bartre's muscles, which is kind of funny. Though, it's a lot easier to see his weapon than it was just from his sprite and I am a little disappointed. He's not wielding a giant, golden butterknife. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll be able to complete this dream team of mine... Well, I still need to summon Narcian. I can also supplement with Picnic Flora (if I ever get her) since she wields a fruit knife and is still a red unit. If that fails, there's also basic Felicia, who can wield a platter. And then there's all the units who wield cups and stuff (Halloween Kagero wields a juice bottle, Summer Camilla wields a glass, etc.) It may not be quite the same, but there's at least things I can work with.

Edited by Mercakete

8 hours ago, Nym said:

Man I wish IS wouldn't be so predictable:

Females with new skills/strong weapons? Check

Bad male unit in a very saturated class that is the demote? Check

Bad male TT? Check

Dumb Duo skill? Check

On the flipside, there's also our first female lead duo unit.