please help making geckocodes work

Belgar

i tried different emulator versions because i read somewhere that cheat codes only work on Dolphin 4.02. And because i dont know if that applies specifically for the codes from shadow on geckocodes.org i tried out that emulator. With no success. 

and i tried using the download function. but 1. there is one important cheat code missing and 2. even if i add it manuall from gecko codes it doesnt work. 

I wanted to use the "make all enemies player controlled" code. and i tried to clear the map of enemies except of him. and it didnt work. i tried the gamecube button activation code and I tried to use the Wii version. But no success. It was the second battle where the others wanna flee into the marketplace.

also, i recently read that you have to use version 1.0 of the game because the cheats from shadowx39 on geckocodes.org only work on that version, but i couldnt find that version of the game to try that.

Edited by Belgar

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dophin biggest issue is that somehow the codes address changes with each version of the emulator and also the fact that there are 2 different versions of the game (1.01 is the most common online), at least playing on the wii itself the codes works fine, since i was the one who ported a LOT of codes of the 1.01 ntsc version.

the last time i savis that dolphin 5.0 had the same offsets as the console, dunno if that has changed atm.