Bound Hero Battle: Edelgard and Dimitri

NSSKG151

And here we have the battle against two house lords who have forged an unlikely alliance.

Infernal Map

Spoiler

mvOrnMN.png

Infernal Enemy Stats and Skills

Spoiler

qhFpuwd.png

Edited by NSSKG151

Morgan steam rolled this map like no tomorrow:

Edit:

Team Husbando did clear it but I did make a couple of mistakes.  Amazing how annoyingly easy the map actually was lol:

Edited by TheSilentChloey
Additional Clear.

Surprisingly easier than I expected. Kind of.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic/Infernal cleared with Katarina, Azura, Sonya and Rebecca (I wanted to use Book 1 units). It was difficult to make it work for Infernal but I managed, that red mage in particular complicated things.

This was a pretty easy BHB, but what I liked were the references: This map is where happens the Battle of the Eagle and Lion, we could consider us the Golden Deer dealing with both Black Eagles and Blue Lions at the same time, the Sword Fighter is Petra, the Red Mage is Hubert, the Axe Knight is Dedue and the Cleric is Mercedes. Too bad "Blue Skies and a Battle" is not in the game yet.

@Vicious Sal @BoaFerox @DarkAlf @mcsilas @Zeo @LordFrigid @daisy jane @mampfoid @Landmaster

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Why does this map have all these trenches... IS still hates horses, it seems. 😕

I figured out how to win with my horse team anyway though, so I suppose it wasn't that much of a hindrance. It just made it annoying to clear. Still, I guess this also means my team of Freddy, Hrid, legendary Ephraim, and Reinhardt are that great though!

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Trenches? Rezzy doesn't care about no stinking trenches.

Wow, a Rezzy horse team that isn't using L'Arachel or Titania? That's surprising! But a nice clear anyway! Yay for us and not letting trenches stop our horses!

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, a Rezzy horse team that isn't using L'Arachel or Titania? That's surprising! But a nice clear anyway! Yay for us and not letting trenches stop our horses!

Yeah, I tried using them, but it didn't work. 😛 

Leo had to cover the Rezzy rep.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I tried using them, but it didn't work. 😛 

Leo had to cover the Rezzy rep.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. I would've liked to try another Freddy solo myself since he got himself Sturdy Stance 3 from Bunny Idunn + Fae, but that would've never been possible with that red mage and the trenches there. Or at the very least, take too much time to figure out how to pull off.

So, cleared it three times.

The standard clear: Leon and his dancer posse had no problems with this.

The New Standard clear: Jaffar with Sorcery Blade and the three free tome dancers (Young Azura, Rinea, Peony) had a little more problems, but it was manageable.  If that -blade mage wasn't so focused on being a rallybot, I would've been in serious trouble.

The Really Painful clear: That's Jakob, Corrin (the one I like more), Young Azura, and Brave Lucina.  Everyone needs their unique refines - Jakob for stats, Corrin to boost Jakob's stats, and Lucina so that Jakob doesn't die the minute he's targeted.  This would work best if I got around to giving Young Azura my spare Infantry Hexblade.  It was dicey because Lucina had to facetank part of the Red Rush.  She managed, because she's awesome like that.  This allowed Jakob to truly go ham, as +6 to all stats before buffs is amazing.

Edited by eclipse

The theme was too obvious to not do. What do you mean there's no "Blue Skies and a Battle" nor Claude in here. Well, let's say this is from a playthrough where Claude got RNG screwed and leave it at that. As for the music, I wanted some variety because it's 99% certain the map's theme is going to be used in 85%+ of clears you'll find. 

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This was a pretty easy BHB, but what I liked were the references: This map is where happens the Battle of the Eagle and Lion, we could consider us the Golden Deer dealing with both Black Eagles and Blue Lions at the same time, the Sword Fighter is Petra, the Red Mage is Hubert, the Axe Knight is Dedue and the Cleric is Mercedes. Too bad "Blue Skies and a Battle" is not in the game yet.

@Vicious Sal @BoaFerox @DarkAlf @mcsilas @Zeo @LordFrigid @daisy jane @mampfoid @Landmaster

Oh thats a neat reference that completely escaped me. Also nice music on your video. Three houses doesn't really show that track enough.

Your saizo seemed to have a easy time taking down this map. Only needing to take his time with the green armour.
----

This time I went with a team of proper princes and proffesional ladies. The biggest problem on this map was dimitri. Even the lvl 30 version completely shredded my normal Titania build. With some skill tinkering she managed to do a good job though.

@Zeo @Landmaster

I like how the red mage and the green axe knight rep Hubert and Dedue respectively despite Hubert already being in the game but whatever. Why isn't Dedue in yet when the other retainers are.

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The theme was too obvious to not do. What do you mean there's no "Blue Skies and a Battle" nor Claude in here. Well, let's say this is from a playthrough where Claude got RNG screwed and leave it at that. As for the music, I wanted some variety because it's 99% certain the map's theme is going to be used in 85%+ of clears you'll find. 

I would've liked to see Claude in this because he's awesome, but this is still cool anyway, nice job. XD

A bit late because I was on my MCSilas grind and did a few clears this time~ 

First the Elises~

They really wanted to screw over Cavs but no amount of trenches will stop the Loli Brigade~

Next did some Three Houses girlies~

Debuting Lysithea here and went with Sothis instead of Dimitri because I wasn't going to bother with these trenches again~ Plus, having a mage is pretty handy~

And finally a Byleth Emblem or Sothis Emblem? They're all the same person anyway~

This one was a little tough with all these fast enemies but Galeforce on F!Byleth ended up being the key to that obnoxious Cleric~

Comments time!~

@NSSKG151 - I’m very jealous of that Phina build. NY!Anna really stole the show here, no one is strong enough to fend off constant Icebergs. OG!Anna held her own pretty well, too and got rid of the tankiest ones on the team. Nice work!

@Nowi's Husband - Once again, impressive on the AOE to get the kill on the annoying Greens. Great solo!

@Diovani Bressan - Good thing Saizo is super THICC so he doesn’t have to worry about the refrigerator. Pretty easy clear for him.

@Maaka - Soon we’ll get double Bartre shenanigans. This was still nice, Soleil really thicc enough to handle the last two enemies~ Good job!

@Rezzy - Nice work with the horses, trenches can’t stop horse buffs~ I always love seeing LEO~

@Alexmender - Nice 3H units!~ I see we had a similar strategy with W!Sothis on the right side. The Cleric is pretty foolish ruining Dimitri’s perf like that~ Edelgard is still pretty tough even with Color disadvantage but Byleth handled her easily~ The Spd on some of these enemies was obnoxious but your speedy units had no problem overcoming them or just nuking them entirely

@Sasori - Once again, the Cleric messes up Dimitri’s double. Alfonse is just the tank needed to fend off Edelgard. The trenches didn’t both either of your Cavs today from putting in some good work, congrats!

Edited by Landmaster

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

A bit late because I was on my MCSilas grind and did a few clears this time~ 

They really wanted to screw over Cavs but no amount of trenches will stop the Loli Brigade~

@Rezzy - Nice work with the horses, trenches can’t stop horse buffs~ I always love seeing LEO~

McSilas grinding?  What do you mean?

Yeah, it's always fun to use horses, when IS has made it very clear it doesn't want people using them in GHBs and BHBs.

I wish they had demoted Leo so I could +10 him.

@Sasori What a nice video! That cleric helped against Dimitri by making Titania not having full HP to trigger Dimitri's Noble Lance.

@Landmaster Your videos are ending on 1:05/1:06. All 3 videos. It ends in the middle of the action. Maybe something went wrong when uploading them?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

McSilas grinding?  What do you mean?

Yeah, it's always fun to use horses, when IS has made it very clear it doesn't want people using them in GHBs and BHBs.

I wish they had demoted Leo so I could +10 him.

MCSilas always uploads like 50 clears~

Demoted Leo would be gr8, mine is -Atk~

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Landmaster Your videos are ending on 1:05/1:06. All 3 videos. It ends in the middle of the action. Maybe something went wrong when uploading them?

FIxed them!~

@Diovani Bressan

Nice work on that Saizo solo! Preventing Edelgard from getting Victorious Axe’s effect off at the start was great, then the map basically beat itself with that weird enemy split and the movement range mismatch on the right.

@Landmaster

Nice set of clears, there! I see Elise has taken the ol’ Gronnwolf out of storage. Poor Dimitri never stood a chance. F!Byleth had to receive some pity-screen-time at the end of the second battle from Lysithea, but she made up for it with a strong performance in the Byleth/Sothis clear.

~

Dimitri has a lot going for him. He’s got great Atk, good Def, Lull Atk/Def, a 1-charge Vengeance...unfortunately, he’s also on a horse.

Edited by LordFrigid

@Landmaster I wish I had more opportunities to show off my Phina build. I haven't really shown what she's capable of yet. At least she makes Aether Raids more bearable for me. I also enjoyed all three of your videos. Poor Dimitri never saw the Gronnwolf coming.

@Diovani Bressan That was a nice Saizo solo clear. I enjoyed it.

@NSSKG151 The Anna duo is pretty strong in your hands. I still keep Commander Anna's Noatun, but I guess I should replace it someday...

@Diovani Bressan Nice work with Saizo. Easy pickings.

@Rezzy There's Leo, but no Titania, so not a mother-son outing this time, I guess. He did pretty good though.

@Alexmender Sothis needs to stop crashing these poor students' events. I don't think they were prepared to deal with a deity.

Also, good choice of music, the drop was perfectly timed. Rhea: "Mother, I'm sorry... I must go."

@Sasori So you like Siegbert? Or are all of those merges... accidents?

@Landmaster I was a bit excited to see Elise's best friend at the start of the video, but as soon as Bath Elise charged straight down to Edelgard, I knew Sakura had nothing to do...

"What now?"

Galeforce on either Byleth is a very good choice. Sword of the Creator is perfect for it.

@LordFrigid Huh, WoM Reciprocal Aid. That was pretty smart. You're really loving Leif, huh?

Went for cav-only myself. Don't get to use these units much.

@mcsilas @Zeo

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Diovani Bressan Saizo being thicc as usual. That was some massive res in the back line you had going on there. Nice clear!

@Landmaster Always nice to see Sothis and Lysithea murdering people. Any particular reason for the wolf tome on Elise instead of something else? Hopefully it was to inflict as much pain on evil Dimitri as possible.

I wanted this clear to go a bit differently, but due to Fir's lack of an attack stat and only being able to get one merge on spring Bartre, it didn't go as well as I planned. I was able to quad Dimitri with spring Bartre, but I didn't have enough support from Fir to keep normal Bartre from being killed by the wo dao moonbow after tanking a luna from Edelgard. I even had perfect damage, but he was taking 8 damage too much. In any case, I just used spring Bartre's monstrous attack stat to enemy phase the sword unit and went the boring route of obeying the weapons triangle, so here is a 1.5 turn father and daughter clear.