Bound Hero Battle: Edelgard and Dimitri

NSSKG151

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Sasori So you like Siegbert? Or are all of those merges... accidents?

I do. Best fates kid and if any 5 star exclusive becomes my 10+ project it will probably be him....that being said +5 merges was a bit of a accident. I tried fixing his attack bane, but the game just kept throwing more atk banes at me. That was in the time where merges did't delete your bane.

Also cool clear. Those trenches did't seem to get in the way much of your all cavalry team.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:57 PM, Landmaster said:

A bit late because I was on my MCSilas grind and did a few clears this time~ 

First the Elises~

They really wanted to screw over Cavs but no amount of trenches will stop the Loli Brigade~

@Sasori - Once again, the Cleric messes up Dimitri’s double. Alfonse is just the tank needed to fend off Edelgard. The trenches didn’t both either of your Cavs today from putting in some good work, congrats!

I wanted to say odd music choice for a video, but it turns out you only used the preperation theme for..well preperation. The wolf tome worked really well on Dimitri. Did you give it to Elise specifically for this clear?

On 3/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

@Sasori What a nice video! That cleric helped against Dimitri by making Titania not having full HP to trigger Dimitri's Noble Lance.

Thanks. Its odd. Usually Clerics are the biggest pain on the map, but this one was nice and friendly. 

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy very nice clear!  I always love seeing horses!  Yeah, Leo had to carry the weight this time.

If you can find some unit to represent your husband, maybe you can do family clears with Titania, Leo, Est and whoever?

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

I do. Best fates kid and if any 5 star exclusive becomes my 10+ project it will probably be him....that being said +5 merges was a bit of a accident. I tried fixing his attack bane, but the game just kept throwing more atk banes at me. That was in the time where merges did't delete your bane.

Also cool clear. Those trenches did't seem to get in the way much of your all cavalry team.

I see. Good luck, and hope he gets a refine soon.

They weren't too hard to work around, yeah.

@Maaka I just realized I forgot to comment on yours somehow, even though I watched it. Sorry about that. That Wo Dao guy is honestly surprisingly weak lol. I saw the father-daughter one too. I think Enemy Phase still counts as 1-turn.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - 1HP live was clutch on Eirika. Cordelia was a pretty big MVP here doing most of the work but the others were great support. Once they got away from those trenches, the ponies couldn’t be stopped.

@Maaka - I saw a horse so I used the Wolftome. Plus Bladetome all the time gets boring~

You got Spring Fir!! Now you have to 5* the other one~ It will make Dad happy~ I’ll take the massive Astra damage over the Player Phase 1 turn. 

@Sasori - No, I actually used Wolftome as her main weapon for a while before I gave her a Bladetome. I think the last time I used it was against L!Eliwood~ She didn't need it to get the kill, I just thought it'd be more interesting since I rarely change her build compared to the other Elises for these~

@SatsumaFSoysoy Haha don't worry, somehow I missed yours as well. Probably because I was so overjoyed at getting to use a Bartre alt for a clear. Either the wo dao guy is weak, or Bartre and Soleil are just too strong. Glad to see a summer Cordelia in a clear! I don't see her or L!Eirika very often, even though they're both amazing cavalry units. Nice job!

On 3/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@NSSKG151 The Anna duo is pretty strong in your hands. I still keep Commander Anna's Noatun, but I guess I should replace it someday...

I never really did find a good use for Noatun. I always found Slaying Axe and the hammer more useful.

That was a nice clear just using cavalry units. Those trenches didn't stop your units from pulverizing everything.

Since I took a small break from Animal Crossing, because that game is so addictive, let me check some videos...

@LordFrigid What a nice video! Pegasus Flight is a great skills for Caeda, so I am happy you got it for her.

@NSSKG151 I really enjoyed your red/pink hair ladies video! Your NY Anna always impress me.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice video! I don't have L!Eirika, but I can see she is pretty fun to use. Also, the choice of music was pretty good!

Now... back to Animal Crossing. My debts will not pay themselves, am I right?

On 3/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, WoM Reciprocal Aid. That was pretty smart. You're really loving Leif, huh?

He definitely does good work, though I think I’ve only really used him in Infernal thus far. He requires some pretty specific setups.

Nice cavalry clear! Clever skill choice with the Drag Back on Cordelia. I didn’t immediately see how she was going to avoid getting taken out on the EP after eliminating the mage.

10 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Here's my video!

https://streamable.com/c3fj1

I did a lot of work to make Catria survive Dimitri. I cleared this in a normal way before doing this, obviously, but I wanted to try and find a way to get Catria to beat everyone.

Going against the triangle is always a bit tough, but Astra Blade's effect does help a lot.

Do you plan to try using normal Catria to clear it too? The green armor might be harder to deal with though.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Going against the triangle is always a bit tough, but Astra Blade's effect does help a lot.

Do you plan to try using normal Catria to clear it too? The green armor might be harder to deal with though.

I'm unsure. It might be hard for her to fight Edelgard and Dimitri. SoV Catria could at least destroy Edelgard, but regular Catria won't have WTA against anyone except two units on that map ;_;

@XRay

image0.png

It's the closest I can get...

Edited by GuiltyLove

26 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm unsure. It might be hard for her to fight Edelgard and Dimitri. SoV Catria could at least destroy Edelgard, but regular Catria won't have WTA against anyone except two units on that map ;_;

@XRay

image0.png

It's the closest I can get...

Oof. That is tough. I forgot about Edelgard too. She is like an armor unit.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Oof. That is tough. I forgot about Edelgard too. She is like an armor unit.

unknown.png

I kind of cheated by using a dancer... but there was nothing else I could do. I'll upload the video later.

Edited by GuiltyLove

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

unknown.png

I kind of cheated by using a dancer... but there was nothing else I could do. I'll upload the video later.

I am impressed. If you think using one Dancer/Singer is cheating, a lot of us Player Phase players are cheating thrice as bad with one nuke and 3 Dancers/Singers! I personally cannot imagine playing without Dancers/Singers.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am impressed. If you think using one Dancer/Singer is cheating, a lot of us Player Phase players are cheating thrice as bad with one nuke and 3 Dancers/Singers! I personally cannot imagine playing without Dancers/Singers.

No, I mean it didn't count as a solo because I had to use a dancer, haha. I use dancers all the time in most maps, but I end up using all the units to attack, not just one unit. This was meant to be a challenge where only Catria killed everyone with no help.

Then again, she did kill everyone, so I guess it's fine~

Here's the video: https://streamable.com/uakn4

Edited by GuiltyLove

41 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

No, I mean it didn't count as a solo because I had to use a dancer, haha. I use dancers all the time in most maps, but I end up using all the units to attack, not just one unit. This was meant to be a challenge where only Catria killed everyone with no help.

Then again, she did kill everyone, so I guess it's fine~

Here's the video: https://streamable.com/uakn4

Ah, I see.

Well, it seems like you figured out how to make Catria kill everything without help, so that is good.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ah, I see.

Well, it seems like you figured out how to make Catria kill everything without help, so that is good.

I definitely can't beat most Abyssal maps without a dancer, so I understand how you feel. The only one I beat without a dancer was Hector's.

@Diovani Bressan Neat Saizo clear! Amazing how Edelgard did pitiful damage against him and couldn't double.

@Maaka Nice! Bartre's muscles sure flexed against Dimitri's 'strength'. Soleil did well to just pull through vs 'Petra'.

@Alexmender Wow jealous of Lysithea, such a nuke! Snowthis dealt with Dimitri in a flash.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oooh Summer Cordy! Can't be Cordy without GF, and the Drag Back was a nice choice. Eirika scared me with her low HP but good thing Priscilla was there. Very offensive clear!

@Rezzy Oooh love that Leo action! Impressed with Camus as well, those trenches sure weren't a problem- movement assist skills op!

@Landmaster Dimitri got obliterated by that wolf tome! Ouch Puch + Glimmer is satisfying to see as well!

Oof Lysithea is scary to face, kind of fitting she battles Edelgard while Annette goes toe to toe with her house leader.

Love the remix on the Sothis/Byleth clear. Close call with that swordie against OG Sothis, while it was great to see that Galeforce Hit and Run from Bylass. Healers are super annoying! Red mage is annoyingly fast but good teamwork in the end!

@Zeo @Ginko @daisy jane @BoaFerox @DarkAlf @mampfoid @DLNarshen

---

Talk about late but hey it's been a weird week- hard drive stopped working so I lost some early videos that I hard to redo.

Firstly is Byleth's Axe Class (each representing the different houses) showing their skills in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion.

Team is neutral Male Byleth, +HP/-Spd Edelgard, +Spd/-Atk Annette and +Res/-Def Hilda Music is Blue Skies and a Battle from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Edelgard is the perfect counter to Dimitri, as long as the healer attacked her first. Because of Spd bane, she needed Darting Stance to prevent being doubled by the healer. Despite her Rouse wanting her away from teammates, Hilda's Def Opening and Annette's C skill make up for it on Turn 1.

- Byleth's Creator Sword once again proves its usefulness by countering Edelgard's Axe. Vantage + Ruptured Sky was just enough to hit the 'Hubert' before being hit.

- Annette's raw stats boosted by Fury is disgustingly amazing. With a Brazen boost and Hilda's cheerleading, she was able to crush through the 'Petra's' Repel with Glimmer. Hilda's NFU also proved it's use to soften the armour unit near the end.

----

Speaking of the famous battle, here is the Battle of the Hawk (?) and Lion with the respective beast kings.

Team is +Atk +1 Tibarn, 4* +Atk/-Spd Hawkeye, +Atk/-HP Caineghis and +Spd/-Def Brave Roy Music is King of the Sky from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

- The Hawk King (and Hawkeye) and Lion King (and the "Brave Lion" Brave Roy) participate in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion. I didn't have any trained Hawkeyes so excuse his low level, but he had the important job of holding the Chill Atk seal for team support! (I trained him later after this video and the AI moved differently, so this version was the more interesting solution).

- Galeforce Tibarn is perfect for starting out maps, and with his partner in crime, Galeforce B!Roy, the Black Eagles (sans 'Hubert') were easily defeated. Sturdy Impact is such a good quality of life skill for GF strats.

- Caineghis needed both Lancebreaker and Swift Stance to deny Dimitri's doubling effect (it becomes a speed check hence Swift Stance). While Desperation B!Roy could have finished off Dimitri, I wanted the Lion King to finish off the Blue Lion leader (similarly to how the Hawk King finished off the Black Eagles leader).

- Distant Def 4 is such a satisfying skill, denying the blade tome boosts. Caineghis's Sol was important to heal up during close call fights- although Roy needed to use Ardent Sacrifice to support the Lion King at one point. Sturdy Impact one again saves the day as the axe armour was very physically bulky- thank goodness for Tibarn's offenses.

----

Now back to Three Houses, let's focus back on the two houses in the name of the famous battle, here is a Blue Lions and Black Eagles-only clear.

Team is +Atk/-Def Edelgard, +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Spd/-Def Annette and +Spd 1 Mercedes Music is Between Heaven and Earth (Rain) from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Edelgard needed to patch up her Def bane so the healer would attack first before Dimitri and avoid Dimitri's doubling. Otherwise, her base kit counters him well.

- Sabotage from the enemy is great so Bernie can get stat boosts without getting damaged. Her high Spd also meant the Repel sword wasn't too much of a problem. 

- Mercie gets a nice boss kill against the Adrestrian heir, but also was key in dealing with the axe knight- shielding Bernie for a bit as she heals Edelgard. Also Blue Lions's Mercie defeats Edelgard while the Black Eagles's Edelgard dealth with Dimitri. Symmetry!

----

Now here is more of a mixed showcase featuring Bernadetta since she's quite prominent in this map. 

Team is +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Res/-Def Sumer Laegjarn, +Res/-Atk Flora and +Atk/-HP Sigurd

Music is Blaze from the King of Fighters 2003

-Summer Laegjarn needed Swift Sparrow seal to cool down Dimitri in one go.

-Good thing there's a Sabotage skill from the enemy so Bernadetta can activate Persecution Bow straight away. Then it was mostly letting Siguard tank the axe armour until Wary Fighter broke.

-----

And lastly, for a last minute clear, here is Byleth leading the Villain House to participate in this battle.

Team is neutral Male Byleth, neutral Kronya, neutral Flame Emperor and neutral Death Knight. Music is Chasing Daybreak from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Flame Emperor needed Lancebreaker to quickly deal with Dimitri in the next round. Luckily the healer damages FE first so FE doesn't get doubled by Noble Lance.

- Kronya needed Swift Sparrow and Fury to one shot the Fort Def/Res healer while Byleth needed Fierce Stance to quickly deal with the axe armour.

- Death Knight's prf actually is useful against 'Petra', denying the follow-up while QR means he can use Bonfire faster. Close Guard was also needed so Byleth survives Edelgard

On 3/30/2020 at 2:45 AM, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oooh Summer Cordy! Can't be Cordy without GF, and the Drag Back was a nice choice. Eirika scared me with her low HP but good thing Priscilla was there. Very offensive clear!

I think all my clears are just offensive in general... as are my units.

Battle of Eagle and Lion! But this time the tables have turned, compared to that previous BHB.

Bernie sure is strong. I wish I got Laegjarn...

Nice to see that DK was finally able to contribute this time. Everyone had a solid and important role.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, mcsilas said:

@Diovani Bressan Neat Saizo clear! Amazing how Edelgard did pitiful damage against him and couldn't double.

@Maaka Nice! Bartre's muscles sure flexed against Dimitri's 'strength'. Soleil did well to just pull through vs 'Petra'.

@Alexmender Wow jealous of Lysithea, such a nuke! Snowthis dealt with Dimitri in a flash.

@Rezzy Oooh love that Leo action! Impressed with Camus as well, those trenches sure weren't a problem- movement assist skills op!

@Landmaster Dimitri got obliterated by that wolf tome! Ouch Puch + Glimmer is satisfying to see as well!

Oof Lysithea is scary to face, kind of fitting she battles Edelgard while Annette goes toe to toe with her house leader.

Love the remix on the Sothis/Byleth clear. Close call with that swordie against OG Sothis, while it was great to see that Galeforce Hit and Run from Bylass. Healers are super annoying! Red mage is annoyingly fast but good teamwork in the end!

@Zeo @Ginko @daisy jane @BoaFerox @DarkAlf @mampfoid @DLNarshen

---

Talk about late but hey it's been a weird week- hard drive stopped working so I lost some early videos that I hard to redo.

Firstly is Byleth's Axe Class (each representing the different houses) showing their skills in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion.

Team is neutral Male Byleth, +HP/-Spd Edelgard, +Spd/-Atk Annette and +Res/-Def Hilda Music is Blue Skies and a Battle from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Edelgard is the perfect counter to Dimitri, as long as the healer attacked her first. Because of Spd bane, she needed Darting Stance to prevent being doubled by the healer. Despite her Rouse wanting her away from teammates, Hilda's Def Opening and Annette's C skill make up for it on Turn 1.

- Byleth's Creator Sword once again proves its usefulness by countering Edelgard's Axe. Vantage + Ruptured Sky was just enough to hit the 'Hubert' before being hit.

- Annette's raw stats boosted by Fury is disgustingly amazing. With a Brazen boost and Hilda's cheerleading, she was able to crush through the 'Petra's' Repel with Glimmer. Hilda's NFU also proved it's use to soften the armour unit near the end.

----

Speaking of the famous battle, here is the Battle of the Hawk (?) and Lion with the respective beast kings.

Team is +Atk +1 Tibarn, 4* +Atk/-Spd Hawkeye, +Atk/-HP Caineghis and +Spd/-Def Brave Roy Music is King of the Sky from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

- The Hawk King (and Hawkeye) and Lion King (and the "Brave Lion" Brave Roy) participate in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion. I didn't have any trained Hawkeyes so excuse his low level, but he had the important job of holding the Chill Atk seal for team support! (I trained him later after this video and the AI moved differently, so this version was the more interesting solution).

- Galeforce Tibarn is perfect for starting out maps, and with his partner in crime, Galeforce B!Roy, the Black Eagles (sans 'Hubert') were easily defeated. Sturdy Impact is such a good quality of life skill for GF strats.

- Caineghis needed both Lancebreaker and Swift Stance to deny Dimitri's doubling effect (it becomes a speed check hence Swift Stance). While Desperation B!Roy could have finished off Dimitri, I wanted the Lion King to finish off the Blue Lion leader (similarly to how the Hawk King finished off the Black Eagles leader).

- Distant Def 4 is such a satisfying skill, denying the blade tome boosts. Caineghis's Sol was important to heal up during close call fights- although Roy needed to use Ardent Sacrifice to support the Lion King at one point. Sturdy Impact one again saves the day as the axe armour was very physically bulky- thank goodness for Tibarn's offenses.

----

Now back to Three Houses, let's focus back on the two houses in the name of the famous battle, here is a Blue Lions and Black Eagles-only clear.

Team is +Atk/-Def Edelgard, +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Spd/-Def Annette and +Spd 1 Mercedes Music is Between Heaven and Earth (Rain) from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Edelgard needed to patch up her Def bane so the healer would attack first before Dimitri and avoid Dimitri's doubling. Otherwise, her base kit counters him well.

- Sabotage from the enemy is great so Bernie can get stat boosts without getting damaged. Her high Spd also meant the Repel sword wasn't too much of a problem. 

- Mercie gets a nice boss kill against the Adrestrian heir, but also was key in dealing with the axe knight- shielding Bernie for a bit as she heals Edelgard. Also Blue Lions's Mercie defeats Edelgard while the Black Eagles's Edelgard dealth with Dimitri. Symmetry!

----

Now here is more of a mixed showcase featuring Bernadetta since she's quite prominent in this map. 

Team is +Spd/-HP Bernadetta, +Res/-Def Sumer Laegjarn, +Res/-Atk Flora and +Atk/-HP Sigurd

Music is Blaze from the King of Fighters 2003

-Summer Laegjarn needed Swift Sparrow seal to cool down Dimitri in one go.

-Good thing there's a Sabotage skill from the enemy so Bernadetta can activate Persecution Bow straight away. Then it was mostly letting Siguard tank the axe armour until Wary Fighter broke.

-----

And lastly, for a last minute clear, here is Byleth leading the Villain House to participate in this battle.

Team is neutral Male Byleth, neutral Kronya, neutral Flame Emperor and neutral Death Knight. Music is Chasing Daybreak from Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Flame Emperor needed Lancebreaker to quickly deal with Dimitri in the next round. Luckily the healer damages FE first so FE doesn't get doubled by Noble Lance.

- Kronya needed Swift Sparrow and Fury to one shot the Fort Def/Res healer while Byleth needed Fierce Stance to quickly deal with the axe armour.

- Death Knight's prf actually is useful against 'Petra', denying the follow-up while QR means he can use Bonfire faster. Close Guard was also needed so Byleth survives Edelgard

I didn’t forget about you, just needed to find some time to watch all these~

So the axe ladies didn’t have much trouble, though Edelgard took a lot of damage. Byleth ended up doing a lot of the teaching for most of the enemies but the girls were able to finish off the final few~

Lv18 Hawkeye deserves MORE. Luna did a crazy amount of damage to Tibarn, wow. Looks like Mufasa won the battle of the Lions. These guys too quite the beating but the tank boi and Tibarn’s Galeforcing came in clutch against that final boss of a refrigerator. 

BE and BL teaming up is interesting. Annette’s Rally giving that extra range was really cool and useful in this clear. Poor Bernie, having to take down Edelgard. Mercie’s getting in some hits was also nice to see, good teamwork here!

LOL I just noticed Bernie’s actually hiding her face like in her quote. She really went on a nice rampage here. Impressive clear! Nice of her to share the final kill with the others~

Byleth joining the dark side is amusing. The Swordy taking that massive hit from DK and then shoving him away like he was so offended at taking that much damage was peak hilarity. Another one with good all around teamwork!

• 5 months later...

This was easier than I expected.

Askrtrio cleared with F!Julia, mostly to get the armour out of the way.

Armour cleared with Hector'weeLina, LALyn, Garmphraim and Eirimas, Dimitri and Edelgard have some power behind them but not enough.