Eirika not appearing in battle preps/Manage items in world map

YummyYokai

I have been working on a rom hack and have run into an issue. After chapter 1 once you enter the world map, the Eirika character does not show up when selecting manage items. She also does not show up in the battle preps. Does anyone know what might be causing this? In the image the first unit should be a female mage named Lydia.

nolydia.PNG

Not sure if this will work, but try to go into Events-post-world-map-choice and manually add Lydia in.

Edited by Benice

Okay, so:

If I'm right, you're on the part between Chapters 1 and 2, right? In this case I was wrong, the easiest thing to do is probably to go to the "End event" of chapter 1, which should be on a sidebar of the main menu. 

This should open up a menu with a whole bunch of lines that give instructions. Scroll down to the bottom and double-click on the "Return(ENDA)" Line, then click Insert, which adds another Return. Double click on the top return and click on "Command," which opens up  a new menu with a whole bunch of commands. On the side, you should see categories. Click on "Unit Affiliation" And then double click on "Add [Character] to a Group." And select Lydia. Write the change to ROM. She still might not show up in prep screen, (not too sure, actually.) In THAT case,

Then, go back to the main menu, click on Unit placer.

This should open up the map for the chapter. If  Lydia's under player placement, then click on her line and copy the address in the top-left hand of the menu with all of the information.

If you don'1 have Lydia under player placement, click "Alloc new space, and under umber of units to allocate, select one. Then change the unit number, class and placement so it is Lydia, then copy the new  Address. Go to the chapter that she is not appearing on, insert a new command (Ideally next to the command that loads the player units already) and make it "Load units and move." Copy and paste Lydia's address into it. She should then load with the info you put into the unit placer section.

Hopefully that helps!

Here is a better explanation of the problem. 

Lydia shows up fine in the prologue chapter and chapter 1. However, once you reach the world map, she no longer appears in the party. She still is the character that moves around the world map/ She still shows up in chapter 2 & 3 because there is no battle preps. Starting in chapter 4 she does not appear in the battle preps and is not a deployed unit.

nolydiapt2.PNG

1 hour ago, YummyYokai said:

Here is a better explanation of the problem. 

Lydia shows up fine in the prologue chapter and chapter 1. However, once you reach the world map, she no longer appears in the party. She still is the character that moves around the world map/ She still shows up in chapter 2 & 3 because there is no battle preps. Starting in chapter 4 she does not appear in the battle preps and is not a deployed unit.

Hmm...Perhaps try using the "Rejoin [Character] to the party" Command and put it on Lydia on the end event of the previous chapter? You should find it under the unit affiliation category.

In case you can't tell, I'm actually quite bad at hacking, so I apologize for my ignorance.

I also don't have much experience, I just started this week because of the quarantine in the us. That did not seem to work... I am really confused as to why this is happening.

Only thing that I've noticed thus far is that when you added Lydia in the second image, you put it in Post world map NODE, not choice. (they are different, but I really really suck at the world map event modifications.)

In my own ROM, this worked to get people into the Prep/manage screens: try using the "Load units and move" Command, taking the address from the unit placer.

(More in depth explanation about the unit placer part in spoiler, if you need it.)

Spoiler

Go into unit placer, Allocate new space for one unit, Lybia. Copy the address in the top-left of the editing screen, (below the part where it lists the chapters) and paste it into the "Load units and move" command.

Just now, YummyYokai said:

This didn't work... what chapter would I do it on?

The chapter PRECEEDING the movement. I.E, if she's not appearing after you complete chapter one and are on the world map, do that on chapter 1.

If it doesn't work, then I apologize. Apparently the people at FeUniverse have some helpful people for stuff like this, though.