What would you want a FE8 remake called?

30 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

probably echoes for continuity's sake. would be really neat if all the remakes were Echoes: shadows of

Imagine a "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Akaneia", I would play the hell out of that.

If they were not to go for the Echoes title again, probably just Sacred Stones Remastered, the name still seems holds some value if it's mention by Owain in FE Warriors is anything to go by, and you can never go wrong with just telling the customer what they're getting.

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, Bastionb56 said:

Be his usual self. He's gotten really good at name-dropping though.

i see then, cool

If Echoes of Magvel becomes the standard formula, then what would they do for Elibe? Echoes of Elibe Part 1? As has been discussed extensively, while combining the two games into one price tag would be great, it seems unlikely to happen.

I'd rather it keeps the "Sacred Stones" subtitle. If you want some change, add a sub subtitle like New Mystery did with "Heroes of Light and Shadow".

As it goes, we have three remakes. Both Archanea ones simply added New in the title. "Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light" became "New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light"; localization truncating it to simply "Shadow Dragon". While "Mystery of the Emblem" became "New Mystery of the Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow".

Then you have "Gaiden", literally just: "Side-Story", becoming "Echoes - Another Hero King", turned to "Echoes - Shadows of Valentia" in localization. This one is currently the odd one out since they added a subtitle where there was none. As "Gaiden" isn't really a subtitle in itself, I'd think.

It's hard to say what they will do for the naming convention of any future remakes. Will they add "Shin/New" like Marth's games? Add Echoes like in Alm's game? Add sub subtitles like they did with two out of three of them? Who knows.

Ultimately, I'd still stand on preferring them go with the last option. Add to the title; but keep the original one.

• 2 months later...

Fire Emblem Echoes: Rumors of Renais.

Now seriously, they should just name it Echoes: Sacred Stones. I think they named it "Shadows of Valentia" because "Gaiden" wouldn't translate very well to modern audiences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Fire Emblem 8.2: Echoing Shadows of the Sacred Stones of Magvel (feat. L'Arachel from the 'Fire Emblem Heroes' Series)

On 9/9/2020 at 11:59 PM, The Royal Red said:

Hear me out:

Sacred-er Stones.

Wait, no, this one.

i actually like the idea of making echoes the official standard moniker for remakes. i'd have to get used to calling current echoes by SoV, but it's worth it.

it could just be fire emblem echoes: the stones of magvel. keeping it as "echoes: sacred stones" sounds off-branding for intsys.