Shadow Dragon Class Randomizer (H1)

Whisky

I’ve played various Randomizers for each of the GBA games using the Yune program, so I decided to give a Class Randomizer a go in this game. I am not using a program for it like Yune. I will roll a random number generator for each unit when they join to decide what class to reclass them into, and then that will be the class they stay as. This is possibly the only game in the series (before 3H that is) that you can do a Randomizer without and hacks or patches or anything.

As with the GBA Randomizers, it’s an interesting way to play through the game. It puts a nice twist on things and kind of forces you to try different characters than you normally would.

Is anyone interested in me posting how the run goes and what class each unit gets? I’ve never posted anything about my playthroughs online before.

You can’t reclass until Ch 4. Here are the units and their classes at the beginning of Ch 4.

Marth - Lord (big surprise there)

Abel - Myrmidon

Cain - Archer

Jeigan - Draco Knight

Gordin - Curate

Draug - Pirate

Ceada - Mage

Wrys - Cavalier

Ogma - Hunter

Barst - Dark Mage

Bord - Pirate

Cord - Armour Knight

Castor - Mercenary

Darros - Armour Knight

Julian - Thief (again, big surprise)

Lena - Pegasus Knight

Navarre - Curate

Unrelated, but the first few bosses of this game are very strong. I’ve seen how unfair they can be on H5 but I didn’t think they would be this strong on the lower difficulties. They already kind of require a little bit of good luck or cheesing strats.

Oh, and as for why I’m on H1. This is the second time I’ve played this game with my first time being on Easy, so I’m moving up a step from my last playthrough. I have very little experience with Shadow Dragon.

Edited by Whisky

32 minutes ago, Whisky said:

Oh, and as for why I’m on H1. This is the second time I’ve played this game with my first time being on Easy, so I’m moving up a step from my last playthrough. I have very little experience with Shadow Dragon.

I think SD's difficulty is fair all the way up to H3 maybe, H4 and H5 are very unfair

1. Sure, feel free to log this, BUT. . .
2. This is going into Let's Plays.
3. H2 is a pretty good difficulty for this kind of challenge.  I'd allow save-scumming until Chapter 4, just because those early bosses get pretty ridiculous stats.

14 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I think SD's difficulty is fair all the way up to H3 maybe, H4 and H5 are very unfair

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

1. Sure, feel free to log this, BUT. . .
2. This is going into Let's Plays.
3. H2 is a pretty good difficulty for this kind of challenge.  I'd allow save-scumming until Chapter 4, just because those early bosses get pretty ridiculous stats.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I’ll stay with H1 for now since I already started and am not very familiar with the game. I’ll move to harder difficulties afterwards, though those might be on regular playthroughs.

Chapter 4

I forged Marth a Rapier just strong enough to OHKO the Cavaliers here. I can how easy it would be to get over whelmed here on higher difficulties but it was easy here. Jeigan is great as a Draco Knight. I can how good Ceada would be with the Wing Spear but that’s alright, she’s pretty good as a Mage too.

My main team is,

Marth

Abel

Cain

Jeigan

Ceada

Ogma

Lena

Navarre

I’m using a few others as fillers but I’m not sure about using them for long term.

New Characters:

Merric - Cavalier. I’m going to replace Wrys with Merric, though Wrys is filler anyway. I probably won’t use Merric in long term either.

Matthis - Myrmidon. I have no intention of using him.