[FE5] Super Thracia menu translation patch

Miacis

Super Thracia (EN menus)

Now you won't get lost in menus anymore! you'll get lost in invisible FoW mazes instead

STSF.png.d3b785f8064e8481f765d7ead05413da.png

Maybe you've heard about Super Thracia, a somewhat infamous Japanese romhack of Thracia 776 by a certain LIN◆LIN/XxX/gw . It's a strange crossover adventure, with a snowballing difficulty, revolving around Morphs, hordes of vengeful Arden spirits, "are we the bad guys?" and a nazi germany think-tank that employs children. It's weird, yo. Fans of Thracia have always seemed fascinated by what the hell is up with this mod, so hey, let me help with that.

This translates all the menus, descriptions, names, classes, etc of the game, as well as all the chapter titles. There's talks of making a full-blown translation, but this will have to do for now.

The UI is ported directly from my Lil' Manster project, and includes a number of QoL improvements, like a modern menu command order, FCM display on the profile, Crt display in battle, , and Zane’s sweet FE5 QOL additions!

This also includes two minor Super Thracia fixes:

- The first intro battle now shows Osian's name instead of Dagdar.

- Custom map palettes no longer revert to vanilla colors when the screen darkens.

- The Devil's Horn bonus to magic is now properly written in the "Stat bonus" slot, rather than the "Effectiveness" slot, where it did nothing.

Download here
Mirror (Romhacking.net page) (Still links to the older patch, at the moment.)

Patching instructions

Our Discord server for updates, help, FE5 hacking, and FE5 talk

Known Issues:

- The Sound Room category and track names had to be sacrificed to make room for the longer item descriptions.

- While the portraits and scripting of dialogue remain untouched, the contents of the dialogue will show a mix of Japanese and Latin characters. This is because we had to replace some Japanese characters, so chapter titles and objectives could be legible. If this bothers you and you wish to read the Japanese text, then I would suggest playing vanilla Super Thracia instead.

- The Crimson Note tome softlocks the game if battle animations are Off. This was in regular ST and might be fixed in the future.

- Battle backgrounds will sometimes break for the duration of a single frame. This happens at random and, to our knowledge, doesn't affect anything. This was in regular ST and we do not know how to fix it.

Thanks and Acknowledgments:

Original Super Thracia patch by LIN◆LIN/XxX/gw

Based on Zane Avernathy's FE5 menu translation and compiled with his tools.

All credit for the original game goes to Intelligent Systems and the wonderful development team they had.

Project Leads:
Miacis
Ultimage

Translation, Text insertion, Graphic Design:
Miacis

Programming, Datamining:
Ultimage

Playtesters:
Advent
Flamesiegmund

Linguistic Support:
Aggro Incarnate
Balcerzak

Feedback, Mental Support and Jeigans all-around:
Aethin
based
Lexicon
Rengor1997

Special Thanks:

Flasuban for the Lil’ Manster’s new menu font.
Zane Avernathy & HidoranBlaze for their incredible help in working out the tools.
Zane Avernathy, specifically for his QOL additions.
542◆ruo0tlxqPQ, who authored the Crit display in battle patch.
ChimeraHardline for the small “SELECT” icon

Edited by Miacis
Version 1.03 is up!

you can turn the Japanese word into romaji if translation takes too much time to make, At least we can read what are they saying like watching anime without subtitles.

But still, thank you for translating this super thracia, this gonna be fun.

See this patch just remove 1 damage limit instead of 0, but you know in Super Thracia some enemies have 250 DEFENSE, Which means...

Spoiler

I WANNA KILL THAT ENEMY WITH ASTRA NOT LUNA, I WANNA TORTURE HIM, NOT JUST EXTERMINATE HIM JUST BY LUNA

I hope you might not remove it in further release

On 3/28/2020 at 6:05 AM, ArunDoll said:

you can turn the Japanese word into romaji if translation takes too much time to make, At least we can read what are they saying like watching anime without subtitles.

Even just that would take a considerable amount of time, ngl. We don't have the luxury of having a script dump like for vanilla Thracia 776, so we'd need to rip every piece of dialogue from the game, which... takes a tremendous amount of time, let alone re-inserting all the romanji.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:31 AM, ArunDoll said:

See this patch just remove 1 damage limit instead of 0, but you know in Super Thracia some enemies have 250 DEFENSE, Which means...

Reveal hidden contents

I WANNA KILL THAT ENEMY WITH ASTRA NOT LUNA, I WANNA TORTURE HIM, NOT JUST EXTERMINATE HIM JUST BY LUNA

I hope you might not remove it in further release

No worries, we're not touching the gameplay, aside from the Devil's Horn's magic bonus, which was pretty clearly a mistake on the author's part.

PS: Sigune, the ch10 boss, appears to have had her portrait replaced by some kind of minimalist painting of a rain cloud in sunset colors. We shall fix this asap.

If you really wanna know what she looks like, she's a Tailtiu recolor with the hair color of Sigrun (the wrong pegasus lady, the one from Tellius). No, we didn't mess up on the name, they're the ones who messed up on the hair dye, somehow.

Edited by Miacis

The patch has been updated!

There isn't a whole lot, aside from fixing Sigune's portrait. A few factions were weird, and now they aren't anymore.
The Optional folder from Lil' Manster is back, with a new 0% growths patch that should affect every playable character, now. who the hell plays ST with 0% growths
Then prep screen reorder and rearrange, top-wait, the usual suspects.

I did make a very quick and dirty patch to double all weapon EXP, in case that's like, the one thing you don't like about Super Thracia. Somehow.

But yeah, there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, oh boy... I have not posted on SF in years. Seeing all this mostly successful FE5 hacking inspires me. It gives me hope. 

Anyway, thought I would say something about this "dirty patch to double all weapon EXP." Even though Super Thracia messes with some character ID placements and such, I've confirmed that this double WEXP patch works just fine for the regular FE5 game. All of the playable characters still get what they're supposed to. Although I was surprised to learn that weapon experience growth is actually assigned to characters and not weapons, and on top of that, characters all have individual growths for each of the ten weapon types.

Now you can grind those magic ranks faster in vanilla Thracia!

Well, I'll have that patch included in the next Lil' Manster release, too. Should be coming next week.

Though I do have to release another update to Super Thracia first, as a pretty nasty bug was found that just.... breaks a whole lot of map animations. But it's fixed now, so here it is!

Download here

5 hours ago, AMH9000 said:

This door won't open in chap 8x

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11FGbDlaSWolY8oy8inxlTWXpVXkfzlyu/view?usp=sharing

pls help

(also no, it doesn't work from the other side)

(EDIT: THE DOOR OPENS FROM THE MIDDLE DOOR???????? WHYYYYYYYYY)

To put it quite bluntly: SUPER THRACIA LOVING HATES YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR. If you made past CH7 I'm amazed you haven't get it yet XD

19 hours ago, ronlyn said:

To put it quite bluntly: SUPER THRACIA LOVING HATES YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR. If you made past CH7 I'm amazed you haven't get it yet XD

I mean, that I knew, I'm on 11x now because I want any chance of getting scrolls because I only have 1 so far. (WHERE ARE THE SCROLLS???????)

Hey friends, there's a new version of this patch that includes most of the newer Lil' Manster additions, specifically a new menu font, and Zane's wonderful QOL additions.

We've also fixed a few of Super Thracia's unique issues:

- Maps with a custom color palette no longer revert to vanilla colors when the screen darkens.

- (Optional) Chapter 24x, despite being perfectly functional, was inaccessible. There's a patch that lets you go check it out now. All you have to do is recruit Ishtar, as she starts with the Kaia staff in her inventory.

- (Optional) Chapter 8 and 11x were fucking with your vision by using respectively a pure white and a pure black palette. There's a patch that now adresses it and makes them less of a visual strain.

That's about it for now. Here you go!

Download here

So, I've been unable to find a Thracia rom that this hack will work with. None of them have the correct values for the patch to work. I know you can't directly ask for roms, but can someone nudge me in the right direction to find one that works?

5 hours ago, dmaseptember said:

So, I've been unable to find a Thracia rom that this hack will work with. None of them have the correct values for the patch to work. I know you can't directly ask for roms, but can someone nudge me in the right direction to find one that works?

Nevermind. I was just being a big dumb-dumb.