Staying home due to COVID-19? Do something and document it here!

XRay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Currently trying to come up with a plausible method of how a character can die and then come back 400 years later when the area they died in got destroyed in a giant explosion of light.

Hmmm. . .

Whatever caused that explosion must've been powerful.  So powerful that, if someone was standing at JUST the right angle, that they'd be launched at the speed of light.  Throw in a few projectiles, and they would slowly decelerate, and eventually land back where they do, without looking too much older.

Or just generic time travel.  😛

---

Currently running a time-intensive program on my laptop, and am very lucky that it hasn't melted yet.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .

Whatever caused that explosion must've been powerful.  So powerful that, if someone was standing at JUST the right angle, that they'd be launched at the speed of light.  Throw in a few projectiles, and they would slowly decelerate, and eventually land back where they do, without looking too much older.

Or just generic time travel.  😛

Time travel is lame.

I was thinking about something along the lines of either the transferring of soul from person to object back to person or straight up magical cloning with the weird side effect that the clone has the memories of the person they originally were.
... Your method makes a lot more sense, tbh.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Currently trying to come up with a plausible method of how a character can die and then come back 400 years later when the area they died in got destroyed in a giant explosion of light.

Is there a chance of them having access to magic, perhaps have them shapeshift upon "death" and spend the centuries healing in that form? 

The shapeshift would have to be to something innocuous. In the old, very basic, shtick for the second Game Boy (no Color) Castlevania, Dracula turned into mist for over a decade when he was defeated and his castle crumbled away. Mist might not be appropriate for your setting, dust or a splatter of blood might be suitable instead.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is there a chance of them having access to magic, perhaps have them shapeshift upon "death" and spend the centuries healing in that form? 

The shapeshift would have to be to something innocuous. In the old, very basic, shtick for the second Game Boy (no Color) Castlevania, Dracula turned into mist for over a decade when he was defeated and his castle crumbled away. Mist might not be appropriate for your setting, dust or a splatter of blood might be suitable instead.

This sounds like a great idea. Thank you!
I'll put a bit of a spin on it, so it fits the setting and the character('s people) better.

I got out of the hospital after a stay that was partially due to fear of coming down with COVID-19.

I also received aid from a higher power in attempting to quit a bad habit. Not that you have to be that powerful to be stronger than me.

Since I just finished painting my X-wing at 2:45 this morning, and have no more models left to build, I drew... ...something tonight, instead.

Tomorrow (technically later today), I plan on continuing my Dwarf Fortress mod in hopes that I might one day release it, although the modifications I’ve made are mainly to sate my relatively niche interests, so I’m not sure how well it will fare compared to some of the more popular mods.

And I’ll probably work more on one of my many unfinished stories that I keep getting bored of writing.

I am on Gaia Online, getting Achievements and saving money for items to dress up my avatar.

Binged watched some anime series this past week or two.

Darling in the Franx: 7/10
Musaigen no Phantom World: 6/10
BOFURI: 8/10
Ishuzoku Reviewers: 9/10

Edited by XRay

Just watched Maquia. It made my eyes moist. I think I am going to rate it 10/10. The only other anime titles I have rated this high before was Five Centimeters per Second and Hoshi no Koe.

Edited by XRay

• 2 weeks later...

I am helping people spam their own threads for Achievements in Gaia Online.

Just found a new hobby of listening to albums on Spotify. I'm only listening to artists I'm familiar with but I might try new ones as well.

Also what's a Bee Tee Est?

Is that a T-Shirt that Est wears that has a picture of a bee or bee pattern on it.

Just kidding, I just wanted to make a Fire Emblem dad joke. Despite the fact I'm not a dad.

I know what K-Pop is but I can never get into it. However, I listened to a pretty catchy Korean rap song on a YouTube video. I might give them a try and music from other languages as well.

I've finally done something that was actually record worthy here: I beat FF7 Remake.

It's often said that the best thing any piece of entertainment can do is leave the one being entertained with wanting more.  I can say for sure that the feeling is there, but I'd also say a good chunk of it comes from the fact that this portion of the game was done in such a way where I really want to see the rest done already.  For those unaware, this Remake basically does the first 4 hours of the original game and basically makes it its own 30 hour RPG in itself (Maybe more if you're a completionist).  Really amazing reminder of how in spite of the first few hours of the original being so memorable, they were only so long.  It's pretty much because I see where a lot of it is going that I just want to get to it ASAP.

I sure do hope that the journey does continue as they say it will in the credits.  It was really a great journey to see these moments realized the way they were, even if the added Whisper subplot was a bit cryptic.

I'm thinking the sequel to this is probably going to be an open world one sort of like how XIII went to XIII-2 in terms of structure.  More than anything, what I want more than anything is for the sequels to be longer so I can experience more of the story that way.  Meeting new characters and getting extra stuff to do was really fun, but some of the other moments from the original are just too hype worthy to wait for much longer.  Also, an open world structure would be nice since it would hopefully mean more opportunities to battle and grind.

Well one nice thing about this is that I can get my sleep pattern back in order.  Seriously, I've been staying up to 1 in the morning playing this some nights.

I collected some Fire Emblem items on Gaia, and I was finally able to make Azura.

csijAfG.png

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I collected some Fire Emblem items on Gaia, and I was finally able to make Azura.

csijAfG.png

Dang, that's pretty good!

I restarted Berwick saga 8 times so I can do everything properly! It's kinda painful to redo the first 9-16 maps of the game on repeat, but it'll be worth it! I think...

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Dang, that's pretty good!

To be fair, I am not sure if it infringes on Nintendo's copyrights. Gaia Online hires artists that create virtual items for them, and then Gaia Online sells those virtual items, and I am not sure if Gaia Online has permission from Nintendo to create items that strongly resembles Nintendo's intellectual property. While a lot of items that references pop culture avoids mentioning things by name directly to avoid copyright stuff, the items that I use to create Azura are called "Wartorn Dancer," which is a clear reference to Fire Emblem Fates.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:08 AM, Gemma said:

playing a ton of catan

That's amazing. I too have played an excessive amount of Catan. My family has the Explorers and Pirates expansion and it's so fun. Who have you been playing with?

Other than Catan, I've been finishing my last semester of school and working remotely, and trying to get together with people over Skype and Zoom. On Monday I had a small party over Discord with a few friends to celebrate the 30th anniversary and one of my friends (who doesn't even play Fire Emblem) actually got Discord to be there, so that was really sweet. We watched the OVA and then helped my friend who is almost finished with her first Fire Emblem game get through a chapter. It was super fun, and I actually got to hang out with some people who are already too far away to see in person, so that was neat.

5 hours ago, Solvaij said:

That's amazing. I too have played an excessive amount of Catan. My family has the Explorers and Pirates expansion and it's so fun. Who have you been playing with?

I've been playing with my family as well. We only have the expansion that allows for 5-6 players. Do you recommend any of the other expansions? I was thinking that the scenario based ones wouldn't interest my parents much, so I've been hesitant.

Also what FE game did you help your friend with? I've been playing a bit of Three Houses as well as Mystery of the Emblem.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:34 PM, Gemma said:

I've been playing with my family as well. We only have the expansion that allows for 5-6 players. Do you recommend any of the other expansions? I was thinking that the scenario based ones wouldn't interest my parents much, so I've been hesitant.

Also what FE game did you help your friend with? I've been playing a bit of Three Houses as well as Mystery of the Emblem.

The only expansion we have is the Explorers and Pirates one, but I think it's a lot of fun. My dad thinks there are too many rules though so I've mostly just been playing that version with my mom and sister. It's definitely not for everyone, but you get to build ships and explore islands and fight pirates so if that's your cup of tea, then yes, I recommend it.

My friend is playing FE7. I figured that would be a good one to start with since it's a pretty straightforward and there's LOTS of tutorial (plus those GBA combat animations rock). It's cool that you're playing Mystery of the Emblem! I feel like not a lot of people play that one, but it's pretty fun. Have you played it before?

Edited by Solvaij

On 4/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, Solvaij said:

The only expansion we have is the Explorers and Pirates one, but I think it's a lot of fun. My dad thinks there are too many rules though so I've mostly just been playing that version with my mom and sister. It's definitely not for everyone, but you get to build ships and explore islands and fight pirates so if that's your cup of tea, then yes, I recommend it.

My friend is playing FE7. I figured that would be a good one to start with since it's a pretty straightforward and there's LOTS of tutorial (plus those GBA combat animations rock). It's cool that you're playing Mystery of the Emblem! I feel like not a lot of people play that one, but it's pretty fun. Have you played it before?

Ah, that's surprising to hear that your dad thinks there's too many rules in Explorers and Pirates, as the advertisement says it's the most basic... Honestly I was pretty interested in Knights and Cities, but it's supposed to be the most complicated. Hm, I'll have to look into these more.

Yeah I've played through Lyn prologue, don't have too much experience with gba fe though. I've been really enjoying Mystery of the Emblem. I've also played NES Gaiden, and tbh I'm a big fan of the more simplistic systems, without other mechanics such as skills. Most of the maps have been fun too, good stuff.

3 hours ago, Gemma said:

Ah, that's surprising to hear that your dad thinks there's too many rules in Explorers and Pirates, as the advertisement says it's the most basic... Honestly I was pretty interested in Knights and Cities, but it's supposed to be the most complicated. Hm, I'll have to look into these more.

Yeah I've played through Lyn prologue, don't have too much experience with gba fe though. I've been really enjoying Mystery of the Emblem. I've also played NES Gaiden, and tbh I'm a big fan of the more simplistic systems, without other mechanics such as skills. Most of the maps have been fun too, good stuff.

Lol, my dad is humble guy. Euchre is more his speed. I think Knights and Cities looks awesome too and I definitely want to try it also!

It's nice to hear someone say that! I also like the more straightforward ones and the map design in Mystery of the Emblem, especially in book 2, is really interesting. It does a pretty good job with story-gameplay integration as well.

Honestly, I even find FE1 pretty playable. I like Kaga's original philosophy on Fire Emblem which was basically that the story emerges from the characters you choose to use and the moments you have with them, and that's the roleplay aspect.

Edited by Solvaij