Staying home due to COVID-19? Do something and document it here!

XRay

56 minutes ago, Solvaij said:

Lol, my dad is humble guy. Euchre is more his speed. I think Knights and Cities looks awesome too and I definitely want to try it also!

It's nice to hear someone say that! I also like the more straightforward ones and the map design in Mystery of the Emblem, especially in book 2, is really interesting. It does a pretty good job with story-gameplay integration as well.

Honestly, I even find FE1 pretty playable. I like Kaga's original philosophy on Fire Emblem which was basically that the story emerges from the characters you choose to use and the moments you have with them, and that's the roleplay aspect.

Ah yes, Euchre is a favorite for us, along with Cribbage.

Yeah I'm looking forward to playing more~ I'm also juggling this CF maddening run, lol.

Yeah, I always loved the feeling of playing FE and crazy stuff happens, like Ingrid hitting two 1% crits in a row or a unit getting a clutch dodge. Also the satisfying feeling of strategy like or the feeling of an armor knight holding a choke point or cavaliers tearing through enemy lines. The rng aspect of hit, crits, and level ups give you the feeling of building up an army, it's exciting~

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I've already been trying to self-teach myself Korean through resources that people have shared with me for a few years now (but at a pretty slow rate), but for a while I was slacking off because I was prioritizing other things

but recently I decided to try to get back into it and realized I needed a good way to be able to remember how words are spelled, or in some cases just vocabulary memorization in general. My purple gel pen I've always used ran out of ink recently, so I decided to go to amazon and order a set of rainbow gel pens and now I create pretty rainbows out of my vocabulary!

It turns out that, as a very highly beauty-driven person, I find it incredibly motivating to be able to create more and more pages that are just full of rainbows~! And the repetition and muscle memory are helping me remember words and spelling better (and the great side effect is it makes me handwrite hangul more and more naturally over time), so it's turned out to be quite a helpful idea for me!!

it even matches the keyboard 😄
FFnrx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I made Edelgard to the best of my ability on Gaia Online. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as making Azura, so it took me a while trying to find the right hair. Besides the hair, the rest was pretty easy though.

TkwayiW.png

I'm replaying all my 3ds FE games, I've been thinking about buying a fan translation of FE12. I've been doing lots of unnecessary baking, but I've also been forgetting to eat at times so I guess it cancels each other out. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

A friend of mine conviced me to watch One Punch Man, as I had finally ran out of Star Trek to keep me busy at home. Holy only was it good. Definitely one if the best shows I've seen in a while.

One punch man is definitely one of my favorite anime though if you liked it I would recommend reading the manga because the art is quality is just amazing. Like the anime at least in season 2 does not do it justice. Yusuke Murata’s art is just too good

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

One punch man is definitely one of my favorite anime though if you liked it I would recommend reading the manga because the art is quality is just amazing. Like the anime at least in season 2 does not do it justice. Yusuke Murata’s art is just too good

I've been meaning to after enjoying the show that much. I actually didn't bother with season 2, yet. The friend who recommended it hasn't seen it, so we were going to try and watch it around the same time so we could discuss it. But yeah, I've heard the animation inst as good, which is a shame beacuse season one was really good in terms of animation style.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Attempting to write a book based off of something in a past competition here.  So far, it's going badly.  😛

What do you need help with?

Aside from that, I just beat my second Crimson Flower playthrough. So, I am going to divert my focus to other games for once. Thinking of trying out Divinity: Original Sun 2, since I have it on Steam.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Attempting to write a book based off of something in a past competition here.  So far, it's going badly.  😛

Regardless of how bad you feel it's going keep it up. I've always said, just getting an idea down on paper is a good thing on its own.

34 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

What do you need help with?

First, need to get the entire story down.  Then, it's a matter of tweaking the dialogue/pacing.  THEN I work on minor details like filling in the world.

Assuming the characters in the story don't hijack it again.

30 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Regardless of how bad you feel it's going keep it up. I've always said, just getting an idea down on paper is a good thing on its own.

Thanks.  Getting it on paper is gonna take a really long time.

• 2 weeks later...