Information on Support Point Gains (Request for Help)

It's been almost 8 months since FE3H released, but I haven't found any updated and comprehensive lists of possible support point gains in the game. The closest list is this one by The3096, with this support point range thread by Jacien_V to assist (useful for NG+ support buying details). There are still a lot of details to verify, specially after the DLC updates. I am making this forum post to ask if any dataminers (and/or repetitionists) are willing to help complete the list that The3096 started. If the complete support points list already exists somewhere in the web, it would be nice to link here to help find it on forum or browser searches. I would appreciate any help in fixing support point numbers, answering my Check questions, or asking questions I didn't think about.

Support Point Ranges:
0 - 100: None
101 - 200: C
201 - 300: C+
301 - 450: B
451 - 600: B+
601 - 800: A
801 - 1000: A+
1001: S

Basically, 100 pts to get to C, 200 to get from C to B, 300 to get from B to A, and 400 to get from A to S. Support ranges are halved for the + range.

Support Conversation Gains:
See the Support: 1 to advance rank
After seeing a support: (unless request to talk is ignored)
C Support: +20
B Support: +40?
A Support: +80? (if they have an S support?)
A Support: +20? (if they don't have an S support?)
A Support: +30? (if they are faculty and don't have an S support?)

Check: variances in support point gains

Conversation Favored Choice:
Explore: 5
Cut-scene: 5?
In-support: 5?
Hate answer: -5

Instruct:
Bad/Great/Perfect: 5
Praise/Counsel (after Perfect/Bad): 10
Good: 0

Check: if the 45% Faculty boost also applies to Instruct.

Battle
Everyone but Byleth / with Byleth

•Nearby Deployed Units
Battle Enemy while Unit is Adjacent and in the Linked Attack: 6? / 3*
Battle Enemy while Unit is not Adjacent but in the Linked Attack: 4? / 2*
Battle Enemy missing all attacks: 3? / 1?
Be attacked and unable to counter while Unit is Adjacent: 2? / 1*
Use an Assist Spell on Unit: 3? / 1*
Use an Assist Spell near Unit: 0? / 0?
Use an Offensive Gambit: 3? / 1?
Use a Support Gambit on Unit: 0? / 0?
Use Fortify/Restore/AoE Support Gambit affecting Unit: 0? / 0?
Use a Rally on Unit: 3? / 1*
After the Battle ends if both units were deployed: 2? / 1*

It appears to be that for Byleth supports, actions while being adjacent give 1 point and being involved in a Linked Attack gives 2.

Adjutants
Defeat Enemy: 8? / 1?
Hit Enemy without defeating: 3? / 1?
Battle Enemy missing all attacks: 3? / 1?
Be attacked and unable to counter: 3? / 1?
Use an Assist Spell: 3? / 1?
Use an Offensive Gambit: 3? / 1?
Use a Support Gambit: 3? / 1?
Use a Rally: 3? / 1?
Attack adjutant follow-up attacks: 0? / 0?
Guard adjutant reduces damage on a follow-up: 0? / 0?
Guard adjutant saves Unit at 1 HP: 0? / 0?
Heal adjutant heals Unit: 0? / 0?

Mission Assistant-Only?:
Use a Movement Combat Art: 3? / 1?
Targeted by Assist Spell from non-Byleth unit: - / 1?

Byleth/Non-Byleth, Mission Assistant and Adjutant differences need to be accounted for (if any for the latter).
NPCs like Rhea (unlike Mission Assistants and Chapter Assistants) don't seem to gain SP.
Mission Assistants appear to gain SP with Byleth for any support-building action that involves them even if not nearby on the map.

Exploration Activities

Advice Box: 10

Choir:
Always: 30?

Check: the effect of Saint birthdays and other Choir event days

Cooking:
Like: 20
Normal: 10
Hate: 5

Eating Meals:
Like + Like: 30 each
Like + Normal: 15 each
Like + Hate: 10 each
Normal + Normal: 10 each
Normal + Hate: 0 each
Hate + Hate: 0 each
Double previous amounts on days with 2x Boosts that affect students

Check: if "Today's Special" still doesn't give a 2x boost after the v1.2 update

Faculty Training: 7
Advanced Drills: 5?

Check: if the effect of Perfect and Great results is the same as in Instruct (it'd also be nice to know the chance for Perfect/Great formula if possible)
Check: support points for update/DLC adults Jeritza and Anna (45% teacher bonus applies?)

Fortune Teller
Check: if it adds points (claims on some places that it may not carry over in NG+, plus there's the unknown effect when units already capped their support)

Gifts:
Liked/Owl Feather: 20*
Neutral: 10*
Disliked: 0
Birthday Flowers: 10?

Gifts seem to have the 45% Faculty Boost.* (Liked = 29, Neutral = 14).

Lost Items: 20

Quests: ?

Recruit: ?

Sauna:
Very Refreshed: ?
Refreshed: ?
Saved: ?
Collapsed: ?
Left early: ?

Tea Time:
Perfect (4/5 successful conversations): 30
Great (3): 20
Nice (2): 10
Failure (0/1): 5

Interesting Details:

• For purposes of determining pairings or showing top 3 supports, the game takes external support log order: Lords>BE>BL>GD>Church/Knights>AW. Byleth seems to show last when tied on other characters' top 3 supports lists, probably for lack of ending with them outside S supports.

Edit: Values with an * are semi-confirmed by my testing, but may be off if decimals are involved. Values with ? are still speculated.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

This is great. I've always knew support gains were different for Byleth but never had an idea of how different, even after so many playthroughs. I also remember wondering if higher rarity gifts gave more support points than lower rarity ones, but I never believed such a claim from personal experience and now I need to wonder no longer.

52 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've always knew support gains were different for Byleth but never had an idea of how different, even after so many playthroughs.

Part of what compelled me to make this post asking for more info is that after many chapters of Seteth/Byleth being adjutants to each other plus 2 (Great) Faculty instructions, they still have not reached A support, while everyone else is taking 1 or 2 chapters. I understand that the intention is to make all the ways Byleth can gain support outside battle more desirable, but it would be nice to know exactly by how much and any differences on hitting/doing damage/etc. It's more complicated now, but we could get to a table like the RD one at some point.

7 hours ago, Silent Mercenary said:

Check: if denying/ignoring when they want to talk makes you miss the 20 points

I accidentally did this recently, got frustrated by the lack of motivation gains and I think I remembered there being no indicator you gained support points.

Checking it again there, it seems like that is the case.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

I accidentally did this recently, got frustrated by the lack of motivation gains and I think I remembered there being no indicator you gained support points.

Checking it again there, it seems like that is the case.

Ok, crossed it off the check list. I've noticed this too.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

• 3 weeks later...

What about students who join with a Rally skill - for example, Annette? It is probably 1 point when the skill is used on Byleth, but based on my current chapter-grinding, it does not give support points with Byleth when used on another but still has hearts with who the Rally is used on (ie: Caspar). Currently on turn 50-something of rallying Byleth with Annette in this battle trying to reach C Support haha

17 hours ago, EasyBreezy said:

What about students who join with a Rally skill - for example, Annette? It is probably 1 point when the skill is used on Byleth, but based on my current chapter-grinding, it does not give support points with Byleth when used on another but still has hearts with who the Rally is used on (ie: Caspar). Currently on turn 50-something of rallying Byleth with Annette in this battle trying to reach C Support haha

Yeah, I'll have to do more testing, but from what I (and someone else) could check with Byleth and other characters already recruited, it is 1 point that is gained. 50 points is halfway to C, so there'd need to be other actions like fighting or other things like a meal to reach C. There is also the possibilities of differences between an Annette recruited or as a mission assistant.

34 minutes ago, Silent Mercenary said:

Yeah, I'll have to do more testing, but from what I (and someone else) could check with Byleth and other characters already recruited, it is 1 point that is gained. 50 points is halfway to C, so there'd need to be other actions like fighting or other things like a meal to reach C. There is also the possibilities of differences between an Annette recruited or as a mission assistant.

Sorry, I just realized how my comment could have been unclear - this Annette was a mission assistant. I agree that it does feel like it is 1 point since I maxed out at turn 71 and I had talked to her in the monastery with correct responses and did other activities with her which probably "filled in" the remaining 30 or so points :)

11 minutes ago, EasyBreezy said:

Sorry, I just realized how my comment could have been unclear - this Annette was a mission assistant. I agree that it does feel like it is 1 point since I maxed out at turn 71 and I had talked to her in the monastery with correct responses and did other activities with her which probably "filled in" the remaining 30 or so points 🙂

Yeah, that's probably it. Thanks for the testing input. I'll be looking out for people that can look at the points within the game with a save editor, and hopefully, soon we'll have all the info. Unfortunately for Byleth, it's best to raise supports with monastery activities and gifts since they grow very slowly in battle.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Actually came across something in the game files regarding support points. There's a bonus factor that gets multiplied by the support gain depending on the support pair.

You might noticed that student/student supports are gained faster than student/Byleth support. As already known, Byleth gets a +45% boost with faculty members and Byleth does not get this with the students. However, students to student support gets at minimum +75% boost, with some getting 105% and best friends getting +90% (Mercedes/Annette and Hilda/Balthus for example). I suppose this is to simulate "different support growths" as seen in other Fire Emblem games.

I have attached the support bonuses values for all 267 support pairs straight from the game, in a text file. As expected, the bonus is 0 for Byleth-non faculty, and 45 for Byleth-faculty.

Support Bonuses.txt

@triabolical Thanks for sharing! I had noticed that some pairings (like Edelgard/Hubert) reached rank thresholds faster than others but I had no idea what the mechanic was; this makes sense. Also interesting to notice how inter-house supports are faster (to make up for the fact they tend to start later), that faculty largely have a bonus (not Flayn though, which is unfortunate for her because Catherine/Shamir/Cyril all potentially join before her and do get the bonus).

Does the bonus apply to everything as far as you know?