funny/stupid high school stories?

One time a guy bragged that all he had was a two liter coke for breakfast. First class in the morning was home room/silent reading. About 30 minutes into the class I hear him hacking and gagging and he projectile vomited all over the class. The teacher yelled at him to go to the bathroom.

One time a guy played Pandemic 2, that old flash game that's like Plague Inc, and named his disease Mormons. He was a mormon.

Well, at the high school I went to, it became more or less a habit thatย on the last days of a given semester when there was really not much left to do than just wait for exam results and stuff, but we still had to attend,ย we'd bring video game consoles, hooked them up to one of the TV's the school had (there was only one per building floor; and more often than not it would remain in our classroom); and... pretty much play the day away. It was usually Super Smash Bros. Brawl (to give you an idea how long ago this happened, hahaha). Those were very fun times. It wasn't just our class. Some from other classes would join in as well.

Much less common, was that if there were enough of us arriving too early, or if we didn't had the first class of the day, we'd instead use the TV to watch cartoons.

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You going to high school explains a lot of your behavior.

Think of all the stupid shit you do here. Don't do it in high school.

It unfortunately comes with the age. I always say I have the maturity level of a middle schooler sometimes.

I haven't see what you're mentioning around the forums but he does change his avatar and sig a lot.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

It unfortunately comes with the age. I always say I have the maturity level of a middle schooler sometimes.

I haven't see what you're mentioning around the forums but he does change his avatar and sig a lot.

You're not the one handing out warnings.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

You going to high school explains a lot of your behavior.

Think of all the stupid shit you do here. Don't do it in highย 

Yeah I do tend to do stupid things a lot. Mostly for a laugh. But I get how most of the stuff I do can get annoying sometimes.

I am pretty sure I talked about this story before somewhere.

There was a special kid in my history class and he is really smart, but also really socially awkward and aloof to some of the social norms. One time I was heading into the boy's bathroom, I saw him using the urinal with his pants completely down exposing his two buttcheeks. I immediately reeled around to head back out, but I also really needed to use the bathroom, so I went back in anywaysย to take a piss. A few of my friends have also saw his buttcheeks on seperate occaisions. I am pretty sure he does not mean to moon people intentionally, but I do not think he understands that concept. He is a good kid though and he behaves well in class, and I honestly rather have him in my class than some of the more disruptive students or football players.

In another high school that one of my friends goes to, I heard from him that there was a story of dumbass student who brought a freaking gun to class once, and he accidentally shot himself with it. Like, I remember doing some dumb shit back then, but most people outgrow it by the time they hit high school, but I do not think anyone could be that dumb and stay that dumb.

good luck in hs!!! it's not too bad. you'll be okay

one of my favorite dumb things coming to mind wasย this one freshmanย that would Fortnite dance for me for roughly no reason I've ever figured out. literally, just come up to my desk after class, say "Ms Specta, watch" and just break it the fuck down.ย I don't know why he did that, but it sure perked up a shitty day.ย I hope lil dude is doing well wherever he is

Oh, sweet lord you're only as old as diamond/pearl.ย 

I don't have any personal stories, but one dude in my year, got the nearly 60 year old physics teacher, chase him around the school building during class time, not sure why, but he got a detention for that one.ย 

Anyway, you are just going to a slightly bigger school. It's still just school, same as it has been.ย I'm lying education is hell

Also going to the school of height next year, but I have some... interesting stories from middle school. The Great Flame war of GR. 7-8 was probably the highlight. (I don't think anyone would care enough for me to elaborate, though. At least people are slightly less toxic in general in grade nine.

Also, dang, this is the last year my IQ is equal to or more than my grade number.

Edited by Benice

Most of my funny high-school stories are about class projects, and most of those are English class projects and Drama class projects:

ย 

One drama-class story that particularly comes to mind would be in grade 11. We had just started a unit on comedy. The teacher gave us openings for jokes, and we had to come up with a punchline and tell the audience the joke like a stage comedian. The opening I was given was, "My parents' cooking is so awful..." I came up with the joke, "My parents' cooking is so awful, that I was grateful when it ran away".

I said the joke and, for a moment, there was only silence, aside from the odd snicker. I was worried that I had messed up the delivery of the joke. But then, that moment passed, and the whole room burst into laughter. The teacher in particular laughed so hard, he fell out of his chair (he was fine! He was completely fine!) as he cried out, "The food ran away?" and kept laughing.ย 

ย 

One English class story that comes to mind also comes from grade 11. We had just started reading a certain Scottish play (read the spoiler tag if you aren't superstitious or you don't know which play to which I'm referring)

Spoiler

Macbeth

Anyway, the teacher assigned each of us to different characters and had us read that character's lines. Everyone else was reading their lines more blankly than the cast in an M. Night Shyamalan film. So, I thought to myself, "If I'm going to read this character's lines, I'm going to put actual effort into it". About halfway through a long paragraph my character had, I realized that I was accidentally reading the lines in a fake Scottish accent. In that moment, I almost completely paused, extremely embarrassed because I feared that I probably sounded very silly. But, I kept reading it, and I kept using the accent.ย 

At the end of the class, the teacher said, "That's enough for today. We'll pick it up where we left off in part 2." Then, without pausing, she made a small gesture at me and continued, "Best Scottish accent I've heard in this classroom; certainly far better than the accents in the movie."ย 

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

Oh, sweet lord you're only as old as diamond/pearl.ย 

Damn. Reading that makes me feel super duper OLD. It almost felt like I just played that game yesterday.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Damn. Reading that makes me feel super duper OLD. It almost felt like I just played that game yesterday.

Join the club. We'll yell at those damn kids to get off the lawn.

18 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, the teacher assigned each of us to different characters and had us read that character's lines. Everyone else was reading their lines more blankly than the cast in an M. Night Shyamalan film. So, I thought to myself, "If I'm going to read this character's lines, I'm going to put actual effort into it". About halfway through a long paragraph my character had, I realized that I was accidentally reading the lines in a fake Scottish accent. In that moment, I almost completely paused, extremely embarrassed because I feared that I probably sounded very silly. But, I kept reading it, and I kept using the accent.ย 

At the end of the class, the teacher said, "That's enough for today. We'll pick it up where we left off in part 2." Then, without pausing, she made a small gesture at me and continued, "Best Scottish accent I've heard in this classroom; certainly far better than the accents in the movie."ย 

Another student did that when we read that play too. Everybody in the class busted out laughing.

I have a fair few stories, having just graduated, but I'll only give the most memorable one (plus its the one I can tell while leaving out personal information and it still being funny)

In geography one time, we were given an assignment. It was a ridiculously stupid assignment, we literally had to make a brochure detailing trade/world aid/defence. It was also our last assignment of the year.

Geography was the subject that almost nobody gave a damn about, myself and my friends included. One of my more vocal friends looked at the marking criteria, and realised that only 6 out of the 15 marks were allocated for content. Meaning that an aesthetically pleasing brochure with a bibliography and absolutely no relevant content could earn, at maximum, 9/15, which is 60%. Pretty good for almost no work.

So for his assignment, he created a brochure on the applications of "semi-gentrified blowholes" to defence. No I don't know what those are. And turned it in to the teacher. All my friends had to stifle our laughter when he placed it on the teacher's desk.

When we got it back, he only received 5/15.

He then went to the geography department's office to argue the mark. Got yelled at by one of the older teachers, ended up with an even lower mark, then had to write a letter of apology to the entire geography department.

The ironic thing about all of this is that he did well enough in Geography throughout the year that he still received an overall A in the end.

ย 

In terms of general advice, don't worry. High school isn't that bad. You'll have plenty of your own memories at the end of it all as well.

(Side note: once high school was over for us, our social circle organised a trivia night based around all the memes and stupid crap that happened over the years. It's a lot of fun/painful nostalgia, maybe give that a try at the end.)

Well, my underwhelming story is that one time while I was drawing, I made a mistake while inking so I had to use correction fluid to fix it.

Problem: I somehow forgot that the smell of correction fluid makes me nauseous. As in, five seconds from throwing up nauseous.

Yeah, I had to lie down on the couch for an hour or twoย after that. Thankfully my grandma (my teacher and who I live with) understood.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Can I legally post on this thread if I'm homeschooled?

Homeschool still counts as high school. Plus, you do not actually need to complete high school to complete high school if that makes sense. I took a state test to skipย senior year and started college a year early. Boy was it awesome to sleep in early.

Alright, I've got a good one. I'm homeschooled now, but I used to go to a private school. Mr. G was my old math teacher.

So five years before my freshman year, there was a student who filled Mr. G's room with oranges. In the ceiling. In desks. Cabinets. Everywhere. Over the years, Mr. G has gotten rid of most of the oranges. But occasionally, one crops up. So it was a boring day in Algebra 1. My classmate found an orange in the podium, five years old at that point. It was hard as a rock and quite frankly an abomination. Now, none of us wanted to do homework that day, so we started talking about the orange. "Mr. G," she asked, "what do you think it looks like inside?"

"Let's find out!" Mr. G said.

"I'll get a knife from the cafeteria." Another classmate volunteered. Mr. G told him no. "We need something stronger." And I fricking. Kid. You. Not. This old dude pulls a fricking AXE out of his desk drawer. Not a small one. A full sized axe out of his DESK DRAWER. He raises it up, and smashes it down on the orange. Moldy orange goes everywhere. The walls. The desk. The ceiling. First classmate is covered in it.

We all just stare at it (and smell the truly bizarre smell of mold and citrus) and then just. Mr. G looks sadly, and in a very small voice, goes "oh. it made a mess..."

He puts away the axe and goes back to the lesson. Like nothing happened.

6 hours ago, Lightningdawn said:

Alright, I've got a good one. I'm homeschooled now, but I used to go to a private school. Mr. G was my old math teacher.

So five years before my freshman year, there was a student who filled Mr. G's room with oranges. In the ceiling. In desks. Cabinets. Everywhere. Over the years, Mr. G has gotten rid of most of the oranges. But occasionally, one crops up. So it was a boring day in Algebra 1. My classmate found an orange in the podium, five years old at that point. It was hard as a rock and quite frankly an abomination. Now, none of us wanted to do homework that day, so we started talking about the orange. "Mr. G," she asked, "what do you think it looks like inside?"

"Let's find out!" Mr. G said.

"I'll get a knife from the cafeteria." Another classmate volunteered. Mr. G told him no. "We need something stronger." And I fricking. Kid. You. Not. This old dude pulls a fricking AXE out of his desk drawer. Not a small one. A full sized axe out of his DESK DRAWER. He raises it up, and smashes it down on the orange. Moldy orange goes everywhere. The walls. The desk. The ceiling. First classmate is covered in it.

We all just stare at it (and smell the truly bizarre smell of mold and citrus) and then just. Mr. G looks sadly, and in a very small voice, goes "oh. it made a mess..."

He puts away the axe and goes back to the lesson. Like nothing happened.

Do live in Florida or something? Because that sounds like something that would happen in Florida