How important it is to promote Julia?

Tarmus

I'm currently at the final chapter of the Holy War. Some people say, that Julia is extremely important for the final boss fight, but she was lv. 12-15 at best, when Manfroy came for her at the beginning of chapter 10. How important is it to focus on leveling her up? My army is on fairly decent levels, only Lana, the thief and the infantry archer are still unpromoted (I forgot to inherit Yewfelle and completely missed Forseti, btw). If leveling her is important, will even have time to train her, once I get her back from Manfroy?

By that level it should be fine. So long she has the Naga Tome, she is capable of taking down the final boss even if you have never used her. However, if you were to do that, she is going to need Charisma support, healed after every attack, and better hope Charge doesn't activate.

Over level 10? She's likely already good to go to do it mostly on her own. That said, if you think she needs a couple more levels, then you do have options. You can ignore the Dreadlords and use them to train Julia, or if you don't mind it taking up longer, then there's always sending her to the arena (I say longer since you'd have to get her all the way back to the Home Castle, then all the way back to Belhalla).

It's not necessary to promote Julia at all, as even at base, she can do good damage with the Naga tome, it's not even necessary to use her to beat Julius.  Shanan, Ares and Seliph, are capable of beating Julius down, fairly easily, so long as they haven't been stat screwed, and you can always have altena turn Arion into a green unit who can give Julius a good whack on ally phase. 

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Over level 10? She's likely already good to go to do it mostly on her own. That said, if you think she needs a couple more levels, then you do have options. You can ignore the Dreadlords and use them to train Julia, or if you don't mind it taking up longer, then there's always sending her to the arena (I say longer since you'd have to get her all the way back to the Home Castle, then all the way back to Belhalla).

She can do the arena in Velthomer, so she only needs to go that far.

Julia being promoted helps, but plenty have been said about this before now.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first played Genealogy, my Julia was barely used, only being around level 8 or so by Endgame. After she got the Naga tome in Velthomer, Julia probably became my best unit. She killed everyone in the arena, even that Emperor that my Lv30 Seliph lost to. Julius won't be a problem. Simply attack him with Julia, and that's it.

tl;dr Naga is the best weapon in FE.