Which games would you like to see a remake or remaster of?

ciphertul

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Bit clunky. Not the worst controls in the world by any conceivable measure, just not as good as Fusion and Zero Mission.

Yeah, I guess switching between beams/missiles and definitely power bombs could use streamlining. Perhaps the d-pad on the controller, or the right analogue stick could help with that if it were done for Switch. Or just plain using the extra shoulder buttons. I mean, now we're not on GBA or SNES, streamlining that wasn't available due to button limitations makes sense.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Pokemon Conquest-like game with newer historical figures. Pokemon Conquest was one of my favorite DS games and I just loved how the historical figures were portrayed in the game. A 3D remake on the Switch would be great since now they can have voice acting for the characters and update their partner Pokemon (since it was released during Gen V). Also, the music of this game was beautiful and some modern tweaks wouldn't hurt.

Anyways, they can stick with the same feudal Japan figures or they can go to a different point in history. Perhaps, they can chose any dynastic period of Chinese history since I believe the character designs for Pokemon Conquest were inspired by Samurai Warriors which is a sister series of the Dynasty Warrior series.

15 hours ago, Cron said:

A Pokemon Conquest-like game with newer historical figures. Pokemon Conquest was one of my favorite DS games and I just loved how the historical figures were portrayed in the game. A 3D remake on the Switch would be great since now they can have voice acting for the characters and update their partner Pokemon (since it was released during Gen V). Also, the music of this game was beautiful and some modern tweaks wouldn't hurt.

Anyways, they can stick with the same feudal Japan figures or they can go to a different point in history. Perhaps, they can chose any dynastic period of Chinese history since I believe the character designs for Pokemon Conquest were inspired by Samurai Warriors which is a sister series of the Dynasty Warrior series.

Or just stop being cowards and make a crossover between Fire Emblem and Pokemon already.

Persona 3 Azure:

• Make Minako equally canon, and properly introduce animated cutscenes and the Answer epilogue for her.
  • All romantic social links for the male protagonist must have a platonic option which doesn't cause jealousy penalties.
  • An option for a new set of social links which includes Junpei, Akihiko, Koromaru, Ken, and Shinjiro for the male protagonist vs the classic option from the vanilla game.
  • Voice all social links.
  • Introduce a couple of Personas from Persona 5.
  • Allow controllable party members like P4 and P5 - and adjust enemy difficulty.
  • Remove the EXP-payout scaling penalty for overlevelling on the lowest difficulty.
  • Introduce references and throw-forwards to Persona 5 in the conversations and story - and maybe make an extra story of how Mitsuru and Takeharu has to deal with the shady side of Japanese politics.

Persona 4 Orchid:

• Allow starting the game using save states of Persona 3 Azure (mentioned below), and make minor scene changes in early September 2011 if the bigger Persona 3-5 story was kicked off with Minako/Kotone/Female Protagonist.
  • Iincorporate a couple of story elements to Persona 5:
    • Particularly with Naoto's background and why she lost her self-esteem and confidence as a career woman that foreshadows Sae's struggles. Ideally, re-write Naoto's social link, and actually have her respond to misogynist/ageist police officers and Inaba society's general discouragement on Naoto persuing a career. Maybe even allude to how Naoto's parents died - was it something involving Akechi, Okumura Sr, or Shido?
    • Maybe flesh out possible backgrounds for  Yu - is he from Shujin, Kosei, Gekkokan, or from the other schools from P1-2?
    • Yosuke during PE class "Oh man, we've got a gym teacher that was the worst at my old school. At least I'm so glad Mr Kondo's not a murderer..."

Persona 5 Rouge:

• Actually have past characters be involved in the story:
    • For fuck's sake, continue Naoto's story, and have her actually intersect with the Phanthom Thieves, Akechi, and Sae, and have her air out her take on the hypocrisy of Japanese society.
    • Ditto with Mitsuru and the Shadow Operatives. Show how they struggle against the corrupt police force in Tokyo.
Edited by henrymidfields

Pikmin 1 and 2, Pikmin 4 probably isn't coming out ever anytime soon so I'd at least like the first two games to be modernized with Pikmin 3's mechanics and graphics.

Edited by Lightchao42

• 4 weeks later...

Remake:

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and the third game that was planned but never made. Since Link's Awakening remake was a huge hit, it would make sense to remake the Oracle games. And it would be a good excuse to make that third game that was planned but never finished. 

Edited by vanguard333

I had to have my older brother help me with certain segments that were too hard, like with the sleeping robots in Battle for Bikini Bottom or the wheel minigame from Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots for DS. Yes, I sucked at games so bad back then I needed my brother to turn a wheel for me.

53 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

You know, the game Pokemon Conquest prevented from happening.

I do think they mean a better/more serious attempt. Pokémon Conquest was... unique but not some much fun..

Just now, ciphertul said:

I do think they mean a better/more serious attempt. Pokémon Conquest was... unique but not some much fun..

Yeah, it's frankly a shame that it happened.

IS: Hey Game Freak, we wanna make a Pokemon -- Fire Emblem crossover!

Game Freak: Sorry, we've already got a strategy game crossover.

IS: Shoot. Guess we'll go with SMT then. What's the worst that could happen?

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yeah, it's frankly a shame that it happened.

IS: Hey Game Freak, we wanna make a Pokemon -- Fire Emblem crossover!

Game Freak: Sorry, we've already got a strategy game crossover.

IS: Shoot. Guess we'll go with SMT then. What's the worst that could happen?

I mean, hey, why not to the extra mile and make a Fire Emblem x Rune Factory too. That way people can’t complain about child characters! Only slightly joking  

28 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I mean, hey, why not to the extra mile and make a Fire Emblem x Rune Factory too. That way people can’t complain about child characters! Only slightly joking  

Fuck it, we might as well just do Fire Emblem vs Capcom!

On 5/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, Jotari said:

Funny; that makes me wonder what a Mega Man x Fire Emblem crossover would look like; probably something similar to the Liberation missions from Mega Man Battle Network 5. 

On 5/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, Jotari said:

Fire Emblem vs Nintendo (featuring Mega Man from the Mega Man series) is a thing though

FE & SMT was somehow a good idea, though.

Funny; that makes me wonder what a Mega Man x Fire Emblem crossover would look like; probably something similar to the Liberation missions from Mega Man Battle Network 5. 

Now I want a MMBN-like game except with modern day versions of FE characters as operators and their FE games versions as NAVIs.

Edited by Rapier

A Tellius duology remake would be very nice. Or Super Mario Sunshine HD. That game is practically begging for a remastering! Also, F-Zero GX HD. Do it Nintendo.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A Tellius duology remake would be very nice. Or Super Mario Sunshine HD. That game is practically begging for a remastering! Also, F-Zero GX HD. Do it Nintendo.

F-Zero with online capabilities would be insane. I want it.

22 hours ago, Rapier said:

Now I want a MMBN-like game except with modern day versions of FE characters as operators and their FE games versions as NAVIs.

That actually sounds really cool. 

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Or Super Mario Sunshine HD. That game is practically begging for a remastering!

Super Mario Sunshine needs a full remake. It's extremely obvious that Mario Sunshine was rushed, and I would like to see the game get a proper overhaul that includes an improved camera and the levels that were cut, which includes:

• A second hotel level (Hotel Lacrima)
  • Battleship Island
  • Flame Temple
  • Lighthouse Island

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

That actually sounds really cool. 

Super Mario Sunshine needs a full remake. It's extremely obvious that Mario Sunshine was rushed, and I would like to see the game get a proper overhaul that includes an improved camera and the levels that were cut, which includes:

• A second hotel level (Hotel Lacrima)
  • Battleship Island
  • Flame Temple
  • Lighthouse Island

One of the coolest elements of Sunshine I felt is that you could see certain levels from other parts of the game. It made Isle Delfino feel defined and real. What if, with the benefit of modern technology, they overhaul the game entirely and make it something like an open world Mario game. Could that work? Mario doesn't really lend itself all that well to open world, and it could run the risk of basically being a lot of empty road between locations...but I still kind of want it.

54 minutes ago, Jotari said:

One of the coolest elements of Sunshine I felt is that you could see certain levels from other parts of the game. It made Isle Delfino feel defined and real. What if, with the benefit of modern technology, they overhaul the game entirely and make it something like an open world Mario game. Could that work? Mario doesn't really lend itself all that well to open world, and it could run the risk of basically being a lot of empty road between locations...but I still kind of want it.

I don't think open world would be a good idea for a Mario game; in addition to the problems that you listed, there's also the problem that 3D Platformers typically excel at providing a variety of creative fantastical locations with fitting platforming challenges inside them. An open world doesn't really lend itself well to that.

Already in Sunshine, the need for geographical consistency meant that the locations, while creative for the most part, could sometimes seem to get a bit samey, even though there were only seven (not including Delfino Plaza); that's one reason I want to see Lighthouse Island, Flame Temple and Battleship Island included. 

The original Cars Video game. Got it for my PC and I loved it. Sandbox setting, races, unlockable characters, tractor mini games, and more. Fun fact: It’s considered an official sequel by Pixar to the Cars movie. I want the remaster because I was bad at video games and as a result never finished it when I played it.

Question: if Square was allowed to remake Super Mario RPG and keep the characters the same, WYR the gameplay be just like the original or make it a more kid-friendly version of FF7R’s combat?

Anyways, now I want a remake of the Over the Hedge video game (or at least a game with similar gameplay).