Would you like to see Yoko Shimomura compose for a Fire Emblem game?

Perkilator

(Please see title)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Yoko Shimomura is my FAVORITE video game composer of all time. Her music is some the loveliest I’ve ever heard. And I’ve been wanted to ask this for a bit: would you like to see how Shimomura tackles a Fire Emblem game?

I'm only partly familiar with Shimomura's discography:

• Super Mario RPG, and the entire Mario and Luigi franchise
  • Radiant Historia
  • And the small handful of tracks (in a sea of ACE+ and Manami Kiyota) she composed for Xenoblade Chronicles.

I've never listened her famed work in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, or anything else she has created. The thing I most distinctly remember of her style is her violin use, or whatever stringed instrument predominates in "Time to Fight", "Lofty Mount Pajamaja", and "Where the Winds and Feathers Return".

Considering Mario and Luigi and Radiant Historia are very different atmospherically and thus demanding of different music, I think she can definitely compose for every kind of scenario FE might conjure up.

If she isn't busy, and is willing and capable of expressing her passionate artistry, then sure, I'd welcome lady Shimomura as FE's latest composer.

@Interdimensional Observer as far as her more grand orchestral theme stuff goes, there's stuff like this:

Here's a medley where each piece could easily fit into any FE game's most memorable moments

I could link you some more of her finest works if you want. She's easily one of the greatest composers of all time.

I'm glad to see so many people appreciate the Final Fantasy XV soundtrack~!  😛

On a more serious note, I'm not going to argue if she's put in charge.

She does Kingdom Hearts as well, and Waltz of the Damned is one of my favorite tracks ( It plays in the Beauty and the Beast world ) so yes I would love her to compose songs for Fire Emblem. I imagine she’s pretty expensive though.

You certainly wouldn't get any complaints from me. From the iconic themes of Street Fighter 2 to the grandiose orchestrations of Final Fantasy 15, Yoko Shimomura is easily one of my favorite video game composers and her particular style would be a nice fit for the Fire Emblem series. 

I'm okay with the composer for SF2 being involved.

Also Radiant Historia's soundtrack is flames, seriously take a listen why wouldn't I agree with the person who gave us violins and death (disclaimer: not the actual name) doing so?

On 3/25/2020 at 1:07 AM, Yexin said:

who in the world would say no?

🙋‍♂️

Why in the world would you replace Kondoh, Kanazaki & Co.? Since Awakening the Fire Emblem soundtracks have been consistently awesome. 

Unless you mean a contribution of like 2-3 songs, then I'm fine. 

On 3/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, Yexin said:

who in the world would say no?

Me, because I don't really think it fits the series. Yoko's a great composer, but I don't think Fire Emblem is her niche.

And this is completely unfair to her, and even though I love the Parasite Eve OST, since not every song from KH is like this or necessarily like this on its own... but ever since Kingdom Hearts, I can't think of her music without thinking of unbelievably overbearing melodrama.

EDIT: Though listening to some of those Legend of Mana songs, it might not be too out of place.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

Me, because I don't really think it fits the series. Yoko's a great composer, but I don't think Fire Emblem is her niche.

And this is completely unfair to her, and even though I love the Parasite Eve OST, since not every song from KH is like this or necessarily like this on its own... but ever since Kingdom Hearts, I can't think of her music without thinking of unbelievably overbearing melodrama.

EDIT: Though listening to some of those Legend of Mana songs, it might not be too out of place.

i'm probably wrong, but i take it you aren't aware of the fact that she composed Street Fighter 2's OST, which is completely different from what you can hear in KH, FFXV, Xenoblade and so on

the fact that she's mostly associated with KH and other SE JRPGs doesn't mean she can't do different things

Just now, know_naim said:

Unless you mean a contribution of like 2-3 songs, then I'm fine.

that could be an option, yes

11 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'm probably wrong, but i take it you aren't aware of the fact that she composed Street Fighter 2's OST, which is completely different from what you can hear in KH, FFXV, Xenoblade and so on

Yes, but Street Fighter 2 is also not exactly what I think of when I think of Fire Emblem.

Maybe I should have used a word different than "niche", since I said I loved one of her OSTs that isn't a JRPG, but I couldn't think of another word to describe it.

Edited by Slumber