What is your Basic Bitch Fire Emblem Opinion?

Seems to me like every third thread is asking what you disagree with other people about (popular example). Now, I have my contrarian tendencies, but once contrarianism becomes popular, it's just not cool anymore.

So, what is the most box-standard, unanimously agreed upon, basic bitch opinion about Fire Emblem you have?

Stuff like:

• The GBA sprites look good
  • Haar is good
  • Wendy is bad
  • Thieves don't make great front-line units
  • There are too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash Brothers
  • Sword lords are a bit overdone
  • I haven't played every single Fire Emblem game but don't feel the need to either
  • It's fun to see an unassuming unit turn into a killing machine
  • Some Fire Emblem games are better than others

See, this is a fun challenge because very few things are agreeable to the majority of the diverse and contrarian body which is the Fire Emblem fandom.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I'll give you three more to that list.

• The animations in the Tellius games are way too slow.
  • The music of the series is generally very well done.
  • Echoes style remakes are cool and I want more of them

• I’d like a Lord who’s an actual adult after so many games of all the same teenage pretty boys.
  • There should be army-specific music for enemy/ally/neutral phases again.
  • Yellow units are a neat way to have a third army without the risk of bloating the enemy side.
  • Celica’s maps suck. Magic-related units should be granted the same Mov. reduction immunity as the fliers, and units with white magic should be immune to damaging terrain.
  • Fog of war maps also suck. Using a torch should-at least-not only light the way, but also let the player see the silhouettes of every enemy unit so the player can be better prepared.
  • Character-specific animations were GREAT in the 3DS games! I know IS didn’t have much a budget with TH, but why do only Byleth and the House Leaders get unique animations?
  • Alternate endings could work kind of like Mystery of the Emblem, where if you don’t have enough spheres for the plot to progress, the game ends after defeating Hardin.

I really liked fe13 and it's my most played game in the series still out of sheer enjoyment

edit: good thread, op

Edited by Specta

33 minutes ago, Specta said:

I really liked fe13 and it's my most played game in the series still out of sheer enjoyment

i came here to say this you bitch

• Sigurd is the best unit in the series
  • There are too many dragons for final bosses (I've considered making up arguments for how every final boss is a dragon, but it's kinda tough for characters like Veld)
  • There are too many sword infantry units in Heroes, and the new ones that get added end up outclassing old ones due to powercreep
  • It was very refreshing to have a Bow Lord for once with Claude (I've personally always wanted a Bow Lord. No, gaining bow use upon promotion doesn't count ALM)
  • There is no "best game" in the series

• Lyn is fantastic, for sure one of the best characters in the series if not the best.
  • The GBA sprite battle animations are so dang good.
  • The music throughout the series is good.
  • Oswin is OsWIN for a very good reason.
  • Kris sucks.
  • The Tellius lore is generally built and told well.

So an alternate thread title for this would be "Stupidly obvious opinion statements on the Fire Emblem series".  Because I'm gonna enjoy making stupidly obvious remarks on par with Captain Hindsight.

• Horse Emblem is boring
  • Fates: Revelation ruins the story of FE: Fates in a big way
  • Mozu's good if you spend 90 turns ensuring she saps as much EXP out of her own paralogue as humanly possible
  • Oboro is one of the best characters in Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Genealogy of the Holy War is so easy that even a toddler could beat it
  • Blazing Sword is one of the best balanced FE games
  • The tutoring part of Three Houses gets a little bit tedious after the first playthrough
  • Robin is the best avatar that appears as an actual playable unit in-game
  • More Fire Emblem games need to implement a dismount mechanic
  • The 3D models look best in Three Houses - they don't look like chunky, blocky figures with painted-on faces and stilted animations
  • Despite what I just said, the animations of Echoes are still the best 3D animations - they're dynamic and actually make it feel like a battle is happening instead of a round of "I punch you, you punch me"
  • On that note, nothing beats this fight scene:
Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i think you completely failed to understand this thread, dog

I don't even think I understand this thread because people have already posted stuff I disagree with. Not that I will directly disagree with them, as such would violate the purpose of this thread.

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

On that note, nothing beats this fight scene:

Oh wow, I did not know that the animations in Echoes worked like that. Absolutely brilliant, A+.

Unit who join with A staves are typically pretty good.

Warp is good.

Ballisticians are fun and good and should return and we should get three of them.

It's annoying that aside from Ch. 10 of Ephraim's route, you can't see the stats of Ballistae in the GBA games.

43 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't even think I understand this thread because people have already posted stuff I disagree with. Not that I will directly disagree with them, as such would violate the purpose of this thread.

there's been a few i've disagreed with, like the dude who said that sigurd is the best unit in the series, that i felt like didn't fit the ideal of the thread, but nobody's entire fucking post has missed the mark quite like the guy i was responding to. most people, including you, posted a series of things that were Largely Relatable; op just posted a series of things they thought

The overall OST for Fire Emblem is amazing

Robin is cool

Both the older games and newer games have good elements

FE13 is good and a nice starting point

And I guess this is less with the spirit of the thread and more just me being basic but:

Any character can be viewed as good under the right lens/by someone out there.

50 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I thought the idea was to give your opinions that are also almost universally agreed upon by the majority of the fanbase.

It's not like it's in the very first post.  😛

Anyway, another basic opinion?  Seth is one of the best starting pre-promotes in the series.

• Fire Emblem combat animations are well suited to 2D
  • There are too many boat maps in the beginning of Celica's route
  • FE1 and FE2 are clunky and hard to play, if not downright unpleasant
  • I wish Fire Emblem was a little less basic in the writing department (but they've tried recently)
  • I don't touch Jagens unless I absolutely have to

I'm seriously considering handing out minor warns to people who completely miss the point of the topic.  A PM explaining how/why their opinion(s) fit into the framework of the first post would be enough to revoke, assuming it was a convincing argument. . .

. . .but that's probably mod abuse.