What is your Basic Bitch Fire Emblem Opinion?

15 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Saint Rubenio's lets plays are really good

That's a popular opinion, really? I thought the general consensus was that they're kinda shit.

Here's a couple more:

Awakening and onward have really kickass music.

Good levels are the best part of FE.

Low-percent crits are the worst part of FE.

12 hours ago, Bhoop said:

mmm. If it was a bad franchise, pretty sure we still wouldn't be getting games. Franchise would've died after awakening if the franchise wasn't at least decently good. But to each their own. 

Hahah, I was just joking, of course. Though it probably would've been for the best if it died after Awakening

Nah just joking, even a filthy elitist Kaga fanboy such as myself wouldn't want to take the games so many others love from them, even if I personally feel no love for them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/1/2020 at 10:10 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I still don't agree.

Fair enough.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, Pengaius said:

Saint Rubenio's lets plays are really good

On 4/2/2020 at 10:49 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a popular opinion, really? I thought the general consensus was that they're kinda shit

In terms of writing quality, entertainment value, or how good he/you are at actually playing the game?

• Shadows of Valentia has amazing voice acting, music, and character designs/art style.
  • Corrin is a really annoying character.
  • The Hoshido bias in Fates is incredibly annoying.
  • ...However, Conquest has some really great maps and gameplay.
  • Three Houses, thanks to the unskippable first half, becomes kind of a slog to play through after the first play through.

• Jill is one of the best characters in the Tellius games, if not the entire series
  • Shadows of Valentia has the best soundtrack and presentation
  • Garon, Iago, and Hans are the worst Fire Emblem villains of all time
  • There's too many alts in Heroes
  • Shadow Dragon isn't a bad game, it's just not as much of a remake as it could've been
  • Thracia 776 is pretty fun half of the time, but it's also pretty dumb half of the time as well
  • Silver Snow is by far the worst route in Three Houses
  • Revelation is by far the worst Fire Emblem game period

Are these basic bitch enough? 😛

• 2 weeks later...

- Echos character art is the best in the series 

-Three houses has the most in depth story by far

-Id Purpose Slaps

-Ike one of the best lords

-Lysithea is a good ass unit

-Chapter 10 of conquest is hard (especially on harder difficulties)

-Ryoma looks like a lobster man 

1.All stats increased in level up is the best feeling.

2. Fates Conquest gameplay made up for its story and its definitely one of the best games in the series (if you prefer gameplay over story like me).

3. Echoes could do without remaking maps entirely following Gaiden. The least they can do is scale them down a bit.

4. Gameplay and story are equally important. But good gameplay can let u ignore the story (like conquest), but frustrating maps and gameplay often doesn't make up for its story (FE4 and 5, even then i don't think it's story is better than birthright or Awakening but that's my personal opinion.

Hm... how about:

1. Customizing your units is fun!

2. Fire Emblem games have great music!

3. Units with higher stats are usually better than those with lower ones!

4. Support conversations provide useful characterization!

5. Classic Mode makes for a better Ironman than Casual or Phoenix Modes!

7 hours ago, anikom15 said:

Res is an important stat.

Does everyone think that tho? To me, it seems more like the other stats are more important, tbh. If anything, in the Archanea games, no one knows what res is yet no one is a bad unit there because of the severe lack of res on most units. I feel like res is just here to give you a way to explain the fact that magic is more effective than physical weapons on physical fighters. If anything, FE5 doesn't have any res and instead merges it with the magic stat. If there is one stat that I could remove from a stat sheet, it would be res.

Fates Conquest story is absolutely shit...unless if it's adapted into Japan vs USA in 1940-45.

Also opinions that may straddle with unpopular:

• Swordmasters in FE6 (both Rutger and Fir) are amazing units, and they in that game" are way, way better than Ryoma in "Sacred Stones/Awakening 2.0"  because of how much more difficult FE6 is without them.
  • Wendy as a unit is unfortunate, but I still love her support conversation with Astor.
  • Defeating Idenn was piss-easy, but I didn't mind too much, because it seemed intentional from a storyline aspect.

16 hours ago, Koops said:

Does everyone think that tho? To me, it seems more like the other stats are more important, tbh. If anything, in the Archanea games, no one knows what res is yet no one is a bad unit there because of the severe lack of res on most units. I feel like res is just here to give you a way to explain the fact that magic is more effective than physical weapons on physical fighters. If anything, FE5 doesn't have any res and instead merges it with the magic stat. If there is one stat that I could remove from a stat sheet, it would be res.

The Archanea games are balanced around Res 0 though. This ends up meaning a unit with Res is even more of a bad ass compared to high-Res units in later games. It's the difference between a unit being useless against mages and being a mage-killer. For that it is important.

Res not existing in FE5 doesn't make the stat less important in other games. Gold doesn't exist in FE2/15.

9 minutes ago, anikom15 said:

The Archanea games are balanced around Res 0 though. This ends up meaning a unit with Res is even more of a bad ass compared to high-Res units in later games. It's the difference between a unit being useless against mages and being a mage-killer. For that it is important.

Res not existing in FE5 doesn't make the stat less important in other games. Gold doesn't exist in FE2/15.

The magic stat doubles as res though

I still don't think res is that important tho. Mages are usually far less common than physical enemies, so having good defense is usually a better thing than having good res. I do understand that having good res is a niche in older games (Heck Seliph and Ares in FE4 have a lot of it which does really help them), but ultimately you can usually figure out a way to not have a mage kill you. Whereas that mage may still be part of a group of, idk, Paladins. Not to say res doesn't help sometimes, it's still a nice bonus, but I don't think it should be taken into consideration when, like, rating a unit's usability.

Felix and Annette make a good couple.

Every Fire Emblem game has at least some good OSTs.

Manaketes are great (if done right). Like seriously, people who turn into dragons? Sign me up!

There should be more accessible FE Merch.