Who are the favorite CYL winners of Serenes Forest?

Morswo

Who are the favorite CYL winners of Serenes Forest?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Men's Division

2. 2. Women's Division

I am a bit curious about the popularity of the CYL winners and thought about who is the favorite one of the community, so I decided to start a little poll.  Let’s see how the dice fall!

Edited by Morswo

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

You need to fix the poll. The men's side is multiple choice while the female's is one vote.

Anyway: 

Male - Ike, Ephraim, Claude

Female - Lyn, Micaiah, Edelgard

Thanks! Now you should be able to vote multiple choices on both sides.

For the Men's division, Eliwood and Ike. Eliwood because he's one of my favorite characters, and because he's an interesting unit. Ike because he has near game-breaking potential.

For the Women's division, Lyn and Lucina. Lyn because she's my ultimate favorite Fire Emblem character, and she has near game-breaking potential. Lucina because of her amazing buffing abilities.

Marth

Eliwood is easily my favorite winner out of the bunch. It was awesome to finally have him join Lyn and Hector, and he's an absolutely fantastic unit in Heroes with amazing art.

For the Women's Division, I would have to go with Veronica. I found it really cool that we were able to vote in a character that wasn't previously playable, and she's still one of the best healers in the game.

My favorite male winners were Eliwood, Dimitri and Hector. My favorite female winners were Celica and Lysithea. Though I actually didn't vote for any of them in the actual CYL events.

Male: Dimitri and Claude. Yes, CYL4 was the first time I'd been happy with the male CYL winners. (Eliwood's probably my next favourite, but he's very distant.)

Female: Micaiah, Camilla, and Edelgard. Honourable mentions to Lucina and Lysithea. Much happier with this group overall.

Favorite in terms of liking the character, or favorite in terms of how they came out as a unit?  This will drastically change my answer.

42 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Favorite in terms of liking the character, or favorite in terms of how they came out as a unit?  This will drastically change my answer.

Favorite in terms of liking the character at all,. I think it is different for everyone, so I let it open.

6 minutes ago, Morswo said:

Favorite in terms of liking the character at all,. I think it is different for everyone, so I let it open.

The second sentence confuses me, because the first implies flat-out favoritism for the character before the poll.  I think I'm reading it wrong.

Hm... I decided to pick most based on as a unit and not as a character, so CYL 4 will be ignored by me since we don't know how they will be.

For Male, I will pick Brave Ike because he is very unique compared to all the others (a little broken as well). I would pick Roy if Eliwood didn't have access to Blazing Durandal. This make Roy less unique.

For Female... I will pick Veronica. She is so fun to use, and still one of the best healers of the game. I am still waiting for her OG version to become playable someday (with a refinement alongside, because her tome is soooo outdated)

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

The second sentence confuses me, because the first implies flat-out favoritism for the character before the poll.  I think I'm reading it wrong.

Pure favoritism is fitting what I mean. The reasons doesn't matter here why someone is voting for any character, this what I intended to tell in my second sentence. 

Males: Ike, Roy, Hector, Ephraim, Alm, Claude

Female: Lucina, Miccy, Lysithea.

I chose from a combination of gameplay factors and character factors. Roy is kinda a lame unit in Heroes imo, but I like him in Smash enough that I keep him. Ike is Ike, he's been on my team since I've got him and hasn't ever come off. Hector is a chad, Ephraim looks fly and can wreck town. I like Alm from Echoes a lot, although he's also kinda lame in Heroes. Claude is Claude, Fear the Deer.

Lucina is a great buffer and also I like her character. Miccy is a guilty pleasure of a character I enjoy, and also pretty good. Lysithea is one of the 3H best girls.

As for the other units I didn't pick, Eliwood is boring, decent art, but that's it. Dimitri is gonna be hit or miss, so I'll get back to you once I see his design.

Lyn is a character I got over fast. I am still absolutely sick of her. I still have her on my team since she's still absurdly good, but blah. Celica is good fodder, that's really it. Veronica is just a character I find boring. Another good unit, but again, blah. Camilla is a character I am less sick of when compared to Lyn because I have never been pity broken by a Camilla, and she hasn't wasted a spot that should've went to someone else instead of that useless green bow legendary. Edelgard is Edelgard, Black Eagles bad.

If I had to pick just one from each CYL, it'd be Ike, Hector, Miccy, and I'll just say Lysithea for 1:1 male and female ratio

I voted Ike and Micaiah, because I have a severe Tellius bias! They are also my favorites units to use out of these. I'm really happy to see Tellius love here!