Is it worth making my Linhartd A Dancer?

My Linhardt has been RNG Blessed enough to have Charisma to guarantee that he wins The Dancing Content in Chapter 9 and I want to know if you think I should take this opportunity to enter him in it and let him be A Dancer, which is a chance I'll likely never get again?

I'll also mention that his career path is Level 17 Noble that became A Level 17 Priest that at Level 22 Priest became A Level 22 Bishop, he is now A Level 36 Bishop and he has A Charisma of 16

Consider it a maybe. I considered doing it for my CF playthrough, but I went with Sylvain instead.

You have any other mages that aren't doing that great? I'd argue that's the way to think of it.

I'd say go for it as long as you have at least one other PC who can use Physic (Dorothea, Marianne, Mercedes, etc.), since sometimes you really want two shots of Physic per turn.

Pretty much any mage makes a fine dancer because there's no such thing as a bad dancer + they can ORKO an armour knight if there's no other mage in range for them to dance for.

Pros:

• If you're like me and you don't like repeating builds for characters if you can help it and have already done Bishop Lin, then go for it. Very rarely does he gain the charisma naturally to do this. (normally you'd have to spam perfect tea times)
  • Gives more utility to Linhardt
  • He doesn't like fighting, so he probably doesn't mind being a non-combat unit
  • You could train him in swords to take advantage of Sword Avoid and then slap a levin sword on him. 
  • If you have the DLC, dancers mesh well with the Trickster class, and you just switch back and forth depending on the map objectives and layout.
  • Doesn't have any good endgame class beside Bishop and Warlock, and you're feeling experimental. Thinking on it, he'd probably make a decent Trickster and War Monk.

Cons:

• sounds like you may lose out on your main healer. Do you have another one you'll be using instead?
  • miss out on utilizing his crest ability (raises mt when healing an ally)
  • lose out on an additional warp use
  • No riding boon will make it hard for him to gain an additional movement (unless you already started training him in riding)
    8 hours ago, MiaMain said:

I found dancing pretty much useless this game as dancers have a hard time keeping up.

I would have to disagree. Very rarely do I find my dancers having a hard time to keep up, especially if you know what resources to give them. Dancers are prime candidates for the March Ring you get early and if they're planned, should be taught Riding and get to A+ to gain an additional movement. A dancer's lesson plan should always be Riding and your choice of Sword, Reason, Faith, or Authority.

However, I'm also a firm believer in that dancers thrive more on harder difficulties. Normal and Hard mode aren't challenging enough to make dancing really effective, as your moves rarely rely on dancing in order to pull off risky strategies or survive certain turns. Hard mode has a couple of those moments, but not too many to really make the dancer class feel impactful on your strategies.

Dancers in this game have 6 move, which is already on par with the most mobile non-mounted classes (and more mobile than popular classes like Sniper, Warlock, Bishop, and Gremory). And even if you want to do Mounted Emblem, they're a good candidate for the March Ring and Shoes of the Wind. There's really no excuse for them falling behind in this game.

Um, am I seriously the only one here who noticed that the OP has Linhardt at level 36??? 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, MiaMain said:

I found dancing pretty much useless this game as dancers have a hard time keeping up.

I don't buy this, since they do have more movement (6) than some of the more popular classes in this game.

As to the question in the topic, I say no.

Edited by Shadow Mir

It's an OK choice as long as you have another Warp user and another Physic user.

With DLC, Hapi is just a better version of Linhardt imo, trading a boon in Faith for Riding+Flying and then gets female-exclusive magic classes on top of that. I wouldn't make her a dancer because she has much better class options and even offensive utility.

Male mages got shafted in this game.