Will "Explore Paths" Purchases Transfer to New Cartridge?

Brosferatu

My Birthright cartridge will just give me an error message whenever I try to progress through a map at random moments. I've already eliminated other things that could cause an error (different SD card didn't help, different 3DS didn't, other games work just fine, cleaning cartridge didn't work, praying, slamming it, stomping it, and cursing it have all failed). If I buy a new cartridge, will the games I've purchased through the "Explore Fates" option still be accessible with the new cartridge or am I just fucked out of more money?

4 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I have both cartridges, I'm pretty sure I had to buy Revelations twice. Have you tried sending a support ticket to Nintendo?

Apparently, I can't get them to repair or replace it due to me owning it more than 90 days (like 3+ years).

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I don’t see why not since it’s the same SD card but you can never be too sure

It would be nice if someone had showed proof that this is the case, but I wish to not waste my money. Maybe I just have to do more digging.

16 minutes ago, Brosferatu said:

It would be nice if someone had showed proof that this is the case, but I wish to not waste my money. Maybe I just have to do more digging.

Well I could try using my sister's cartridge in my 3ds to confirm if that'll help.

Edit: @Brosferatu Yeah it works just fine. You will lose the saves files that were on the cartridge but anything saved on the SD card(The other two paths you bought digitally as well as any save files beyond the initial three on the cartridge)  should be fine and remain. I should note that you should buy the cartridge you bought originally if you want all three paths back. if you want pictures just let me know

Edited by Ottservia

On 3/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, Brosferatu said:

My Birthright cartridge will just give me an error message whenever I try to progress through a map at random moments.

Does the game crashes when you move the cursor over a specific tile? It has happened to me on numerous occasions, but I have the digital versions.

In my experience, it is caused by data corruption after numerous resets (I now close the game instead of pressing Start + L + R.) The only way to solve these errors has been reinstalling the game and deleting all its data (formatting or replacing the SD card was not enough.)

Unfortunately, this would definitely affect your purchases (which are precisely the data that I would delete.)

9 hours ago, starburst said:

Does the game crashes when you move the cursor over a specific tile? It has happened to me on numerous occasions, but I have the digital versions.

Nah, even when a level was able to load, the error message suddenly appeared no matter the tile the cursor was on

9 hours ago, starburst said:

In my experience, it is caused by data corruption after numerous resets (I now close the game instead of pressing Start + L + R.) The only way to solve these errors has been reinstalling the game and deleting all its data (formatting or replacing the SD card was not enough.)

Unfortunately, this would definitely affect your purchases (which are precisely the data that I would delete.)

Yeah, I did tend to reset a lot 😞. If another physical copy of BR works, maybe my DLC purchases could be salvaged, but I'd have to pay and see. Huge bummer

Update for archival purposes or if anyone cares to know. Getting a new BR game card did the trick! As I'm typing this, there have been no errors, and I can access all of my DLC! Thanks to everyone who replied and offered help.