Need some help restoring the Mogall & Arch Mogall unused critical hit frames

Mehgamayn

Hi, i am trying to make a modification to the sacred stones so it uses the unused frames of the Mogall & Arch Mogall's critical attack, here are the unused framesFE_Sacred_Stones_unused_Mogall_critical_

& here is how the normal critical attack displays in game

Ss_fe08_mogall_critical.gif

I am using FEBuilder & i'm not sure if i'm supposed use another program to use the frames. The frames are already in the game files but i'm not sure how to actually make the game use them.

1. From the main menu, go to Advanced Editors
  2. This should bring you to a screen that has a whole bunch of sections such as "Character editor, Class editor, etc." 
  3. Click on the "Battle Animations" Section. (If I recall correctly, it's in the third or fourth collumn?)
  4. You should now be in a menu which has a list of every class' battle animations. Scroll down until you get to the Mogall section.
  5. There is two ways to implement the new frames you have: A) You can manually put them in Via clicking on he "Editor" button, go to the long range and melee crit animations and put in the frames, or B) If you downloaded all of the Mogall files (from a .zip folder, probably,) you might be able to use a script which implements it for you. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by Benice

4 hours ago, Benice said:
  1. From the main menu, go to Advanced Editors
  2. This should bring you to a screen that has a whole bunch of sections such as "Character editor, Class editor, etc." 
  3. Click on the "Battle Animations" Section. (If I recall correctly, it's in the third or fourth collumn?)
  4. You should now be in a menu which has a list of every class' battle animations. Scroll down until you get to the Mogall section.
  5. There is two ways to implement the new frames you have: A) You can manually put them in Via clicking on he "Editor" button, go to the long range and melee crit animations and put in the frames, or B) If you downloaded all of the Mogall files (from a .zip folder, probably,) you might be able to use a script which implements it for you. 

Hope that helps!

Hello, the unused critical hit frames are already in the battle animations of the Mogall Arch Mogall, where the critical hit animation section is but the game doesn't use the frames for some reason, even though they are where their supposed to be.

8 hours ago, Mehgamayn said:

Hello, the unused critical hit frames are already in the battle animations of the Mogall Arch Mogall, where the critical hit animation section is but the game doesn't use the frames for some reason, even though they are where their supposed to be.

Did you set it to both melee and range? If that doesn't work, could you please show some screenshots of the animation editing screen?

Also, prehaps try savong it to ROM mamually, just in case.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Did you set it to both melee and range? If that doesn't work, could you please show some screenshots of the animation editing screen?

Also, prehaps try savong it to ROM mamually, just in case.

I attempted to re-import the frames manually to the rom but they still are not being used. This website here https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Unused_content_in_Fire_Emblem:_The_Sacred_Stones#Battle_sprites

https://tcrf.net/Fire_Emblem:_The_Sacred_Stones

Mentions it might be a developer oversight the frames aren't used & "don't display properly in-game" but i still don't understand why the game uses the non critical attack frames for a critical attack, considering its in the same animation files & location where the critical animation would be used.

Mogull.PNG.7756cc260e8914b6c7bb955643a109f3.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

Arch Mogull.PNG

9.PNG

10.PNG

11.PNG

12.PNG

13.PNG

14.PNG

15.PNG

16.PNG

17.PNG

Edited by Mehgamayn

4 hours ago, Mehgamayn said:

Mentions it might be a developer oversight the frames aren't used & "don't display properly in-game" but i still don't understand why the game uses the non critical attack frames for a critical attack, considering its in the same animation files & location where the critical animation would be used

It's possible it's just weird like that; FeBuilder/stuff you pit into FeBuilder does do that sometimes.

Last thing possibly I can think of is this:

From the main menu of the battle nimations, use the TOP CURSOR to select the Mogall/Arch Mogall, since I think that that's for generic units.

Sorry about how I'm not very helpful; I am also quite new to this. (Only been going for about a month and a half now,) 

6 hours ago, Benice said:

It's possible it's just weird like that; FeBuilder/stuff you pit into FeBuilder does do that sometimes.

Last thing possibly I can think of is this:

From the main menu of the battle nimations, use the TOP CURSOR to select the Mogall/Arch Mogall, since I think that that's for generic units.

Sorry about how I'm not very helpful; I am also quite new to this. (Only been going for about a month and a half now,) 

I was doing that for the generic Mogall & Arch Mogall units, i am not sure how to get the game to use the critical frames, thank you though

Just now, Mehgamayn said:

Do you have a link to the right forum?

Took care of it for you.

Since it appears that you're working on some sort of FE8 hack (whether it's an actual FE8 hack or something based off of it), please direct any future questions to Fan Projects -> Questions.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Took care of it for you.

Since it appears that you're working on some sort of FE8 hack (whether it's an actual FE8 hack or something based off of it), please direct any future questions to Fan Projects -> Questions.

Oh ok, thanks