Gaia Online

XRay

Anyone still using Gaia Online? I got back into it recently about 2 to 3 months ago. At first it was due to plain curiosity as I saw a YouTube video about how Gaia fell from grace from being one of the most important social networking sites into obscure oblivion. Then my goal shifted to try to make a nude avatar using various items, which I have accomplished. And as I logged in more and more, I got more absorbed by their marketplace. So right now, I have a huge wishlist of items I want to buy and I am just checking it every day to see what the prices are like.

My main goal right now is to save up enough money to buy Edelgard's outfit to dress up my avatar. Yes, you heard me right! They have some Fire Emblem inspired stuff on there. A good portion of my wishlist is Fire Emblem stuff. Right now, I am trying to sell some junk that was bundled with some Cash Shop items I bought, and the proceeds from that should give me enough money to buy a few pieces of Edelgard's outfit and some other stuff I want as well.

Oh, and if you are getting back into Gaia, here is a quick refresher to get money:

Spoiler

Daily Chance pages:
Main Page
My Gaia
GCash
Shops
Forums
Worlds
Games

Daily Treat pages:
My Gaia
Shops
Forums
Worlds
Games

On the main page, there is a bulletin board. Click on the large colorful banners and scroll down and then click Claim Reward. You will get 5 Platinum and 1 Gaia Cash for each banner.

Remember to also vote in the Arena, as they give Platinum too.

Surveys will give Gaia Cash too.

Edited by XRay

• 1 month later...

I was a Gaian for YEARS! I was very proud of my 13000+ posts (even today, 14 years after making my account, that averages at 2 and a half posts per day haha!)

I have such fond memories. I made friends in a thread called Gin's Spoony Day, which was a quest thread as well as being a chronic illness awareness thread. I imagine a large majority of my posts were made here!! It was wonderful to have an online space with a small community of friends around the world. I loved it so much, I even remember loading it up on the internet browser on my Nintendo Wii so I could make posts from my bedroom! 

I've tried returning to Gaia a number of times in recent years. I tried reviving my own quest thread, and reconnected with a good friend from the Netherlands, but it has never come close to capturing that precious sense of community I had once found there. Without the people I had met in Spoony Day, my life genuinely would have taken a very different route.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Gaia online!! I'm not sure if the items I own hold much wealth anymore, but maybe I can help you with some of your wishlist items!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:24 AM, Tylwyth Teg said:

I was a Gaian for YEARS! I was very proud of my 13000+ posts (even today, 14 years after making my account, that averages at 2 and a half posts per day haha!)

I have such fond memories. I made friends in a thread called Gin's Spoony Day, which was a quest thread as well as being a chronic illness awareness thread. I imagine a large majority of my posts were made here!! It was wonderful to have an online space with a small community of friends around the world. I loved it so much, I even remember loading it up on the internet browser on my Nintendo Wii so I could make posts from my bedroom! 

I've tried returning to Gaia a number of times in recent years. I tried reviving my own quest thread, and reconnected with a good friend from the Netherlands, but it has never come close to capturing that precious sense of community I had once found there. Without the people I had met in Spoony Day, my life genuinely would have taken a very different route.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Gaia online!! I'm not sure if the items I own hold much wealth anymore, but maybe I can help you with some of your wishlist items!

If you have any Fire Emblem items, I would be happy to trade!

I do have non-Fire Emblem items on my wish list, but I do not care too much about owning them at the moment (my inventory is getting super cluttered and I am still trying to come up with a system to organize everything). I just have them on my wishlist in case somebody is selling them for a massive discount or something.