I should play the other FE games.

♠Soul♠

Too much Heroes for me, and I barely have been playing any of the other, actual FE games. I am close to beating FE10, a game I haven't played in years (slacking off in Part 4, 4-3). The other day, I saw some FE8 discussion, and it reminded me of how fun the GBA games were. FE8, in particular, my first FE game. I still remember the music, which I still get to hear in Heroes in some maps.

- I'd like to finish FE10 so I can move on to Hard Mode, already.

- I'd probably pick up FE9, as well. I never really beat Maniac Mode.

- Got to around 3/4s (I assume) of Conquest, but I was basically stuck by Ch.21, and I don't think I remember a thing.

I have the actual GBA games, so I could probably give them a go.

Yeah, I can see why 4-3 of RD has you. I can tell you it wasn't a fun experience and that was with me knowing it was a desert and using what mages/fliers I had.

I'm not gonna lie, PoR will definitely feel worse, playing it after RD. Of course, you picking maniac mode means you'll actually have a challenge.

Least if you get past the eternal stairway (which is Ch. 21) you're out of the worst of it in Conquest imo. I mean what I think's the worst.

SS has gotten some serious love from the fanhack community, try the randomiser in particular imo.

I haven't played FE9's maniac mode on my own, and I ever wanted to do that, but other people didn't recommend it.

Instead of being really hard, it's rather tedious.

The enemy's quality rises, but not enough and not as much as the quantity.

Since animations can't be skipped, there will be a lot of running idle.

Since you (and me) adore FE10's gameplay, FE5 could be a part you really like since FE10 is based on FE5's gameplay.

Although FE5 has its own mechanics, and some of them are........at least........questionable.

I'm gonna just recommend you play the GBA games because they are legit super good and fun.  I like Blazing Sword especially, particularly because you just go from chapter to chapter without any pause or intermission in-between and it's one of the few post-Kaga stories I liked, but Sacred Stones can be fun in its own way.  Sacred Stones might be overall easier than your average FE game, but you can place limitations on yourself to have fun with it.  Or you can just revel in the fact that the game lets you grind forever and gives you a fairly robust (for the time) class system.

FE9 and FE10 are the best so cant go wrong with those choices. FE8 is really easy so if you want something casual go with that.  Conquest i would just not play it lol. Their is a reason you do not remember any of it. 

If you want sacred stones to be hard, just do a trainee solo. Sacred Stones is always more enjoyable for me than blazing blade. It also might work well for you since it's shorter.

Even if you did not mention them, I hope that you have a clearer idea about what you liked and disliked from the games that you have tried. So that you are able to identify your personal pros and cons of the game at hand, and make a prompt decision to continue playing it or look elsewhere.

Say, I love to replay Conquest, and various FE games simply do not give me the same kind of thrill. They do not have it. Yet, when I feel it, when a game hits the right spots, I try to learn more about it, to appreciate it, no matter the console or how different many of its elements are.
So, yeah, try other games. You may or may not find what you are looking for; but at least you will know.

I have an actual physical copy of FE9 in Japanese. I only wish I could play it on the actual console... there's a certain unique taste to it. It's not the same playing it on an emulator, or even a Wii. I also enjoy the dialogue, so I have to patch it.