What new details would be appreciated?

Perkilator

By this, I mean details from each represented series’ home games. Visual details and sound details (like with Hero and Terry) that are a clear yet subtle homage to each series represented.

For example, a detail I’d appreciate is when an Assist Trophy is summoned by a Fire Emblem character, their outline is in green to represent ally units (but the color of the player using that character-even the CPU-remains the same above the Assist Trophy’s head).

Mega man having a voice or something. It's kinda wack how everyine else makes sounds when they attack/do stuff, but mega man is just...dead silent.

ike recovering some % while using aether since, you know, it's literally the only move in his set which is inspired by something from his game

type advantage/disadvantage for pokemon fighters would be cool too, but also impossible because smash isn't a turn based rpg

maybe link's arrows dealin a bit more % and knockback if you manage to hit your opponent's head? i mean they literally gave this very same mechanic to marth and lucina, although it's based in nothing from their games

Edited by Yexin

32 minutes ago, Yexin said:

type advantage/disadvantage for pokemon fighters would be cool too, but also impossible because smash isn't a turn based rpg

Brawl had this. Ivysaur got the worst of it since so many fighters had access to fire type moves compared to other elements. Charizard and squirtle weren't inconvenienced in the slightest. There were no water type moves that dealt damage besides three of Squirtle's attacks, so Charizard's weakness functionally didn't exist outside of that one matchup. Meanwhile Squirtle only had to worry about Ivysaur's grass moves while enjoying resistance to the numerous fire type attacks in the game.

maybe link's arrows dealin a bit more % and knockback if you manage to hit your opponent's head? i mean they literally gave this very same mechanic to marth and lucina, although it's based in nothing from their games

Marth and Lucina have no such mechanic. Interestingly, Bowser Jr does have this mechanic. Attacks deal less damage if you hit his kart, but more damage if you hit him in the head.

Edited by Glennstavos

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Brawl had this. Ivysaur got the worst of it since so many fighters had access to fire type moves compared to other elements. Charizard and squirtle weren't inconvenienced in the slightest. There were no water type moves that dealt damage besides three of Squirtle's attacks, so Charizard's weakness functionally didn't exist outside of that one matchup. Meanwhile Squirtle only had to worry about Ivysaur's grass moves while enjoying resistance to the numerous fire type attacks in the game.

huh, i swear i completely forgot about this

On 3/27/2020 at 5:15 PM, Glennstavos said:

Why didn't Squirtle and Charizard have a weakness to electric attacks? And Ivysaur to ice? Also Charizard takes damage while in water if I recall correctly.

How about damage numbers that appear whenever Cloud or Hero deals damage to an opponent? The numbers reflect the amount of damage dealt. For that matter, perhaps Cloud's Buster Sword attacks make that distinct sound effect from FF7?

If they were to add Classic Link, I'd like his N attack to be a single sword slash that can be repeated quickly, like in ALttP and most later topdown Zeldas.

What if different fighters had different stamina readouts, like hearts for Link and life tanks for Samus? It could be a setting so you can still use the generic numbers if you wish.

Edited by Lord_Brand