Dragalia Lost: what new FEH content we can expect?

Midnox

You may have noticed by now, but Dragalia Lost is making a return for it’s first collaboration event ever: FEH. This year, said event is making a return, plus the four featured characters: Alfonse, Fjorm, Veronica, and the franchise’s face: Marth

The event is making a comeback in April 19, with said characters having their turn for a new feature that buffs them, and brand new FEH content once over. What characters can we expect afterwards? Share a seems a likely choice.

Sharena is probably given.

They might give us Loki since she was there last time as an enemy. Speaking of the enemy, Lyn or Lucina could be good choices along with Ike.

My personal list would be: Loki, Bruno, and either Edelgard or Claude (timeskip).

It would be interesting to see what kind of dialogue Edelgard would have against the Dyrenell Empire.

Sharena is confirmed to be a freebie! I'm real happy to hear this and it kinda makes me want to return to Dragalia. I still think she should have been there the first time the event happened, but better late than never.

Along with Sharena, I really hope for Hrid and/or Ike. Marth was in the event last time, so why not the arguably most popular FE lord in Ike next? And Hrid could join his sister Fjorm. I'd love both these guys and I'd definitely be going back to Dragalia for them.

Well, Sharena is the freebie. Lame, they are usually inferior, poor her. Anyway, I kinda doubt the new main OCs will be coming, both of them at least. Other than FEH OCs, I’d like my divine dragon Waifu there. If they got Marth, they can put her as well. I mean, focus on dragons in DL, and she’s can transform into one, and we have been introduced to characters with fixed dragon transformations...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the last year event is here at last. They took away the coop in the gate castle defense, but appears to be returning next week. And again, no information about the new characters yet, but they are coming the same day as well

Sharena could still be good. She's based around buffing and debuffing in Heroes, and with Dragalia Lost those characters tend to be very popular in the meta, so if they build her similar to her Heroes self she could find a niche where she'll shine. 

I really wish they'd just announce them already. I can't take the suspense!

Buffers have been on a decline for a while now. None are meta for any of the agitos and most content revolves on abusing punishers so affliction enablers who come with much better personal dps to boot have taken over the support role. Still, I'm pretty sure Sharena will at least be usable even she ends up as a buffer since she'll be joining the currently underpowered light element so not much competition there.

Wow, very meh choices, though I shouldn't be surprised at Peony. I'm not interested in returning to the game now. Should've been Ike over Chrom at least imo. Chrom isn't even as popular as him.

Edited by Anacybele

I’m curious as to why they just randomly decided to include Chrom. Like Heroes OCs I get it. Tiki I also get because she’s kinda like a secondary mascot. Chrom though? I mean yeah he’s popular and I like Chrom but he just kinda feels out of place among all the OCs and mascots. Honestly Lucina makes more sense from a marketing standpoint but whatever. I ain’t complaining, I’m just a little confused

Who gave Tiki a knife?

Sharena looks Ok, I was hoping she'd be a buffer but from what I can see she'll still be fun to use. I'll give her a shot since she's a freebie and see if she can fit on my team.

Peony is fine, it was always a coin flip between her and Eir so I expected one of the two, though I would've preferred Eir. Curious how she'll work as a buffer since we already have a Light Wand that does that, so it'll be interesting to see what they do to make her stand out.

Chrom is interesting, he does make sense as he is popular and Awakening is a big game, but of the choices he did feel like he'd be lower priority to Ike, Lyn or Lucina. I will say though, I like how his artwork has Lissa and Frederick.

Tiki is the highlight, as a manakete she's a natural fit to the game and the developers seem to know that as she appears to be unique, so she'll probably be a fun addition to the cast. My only issue is that as a Divine Dragon she should be Light, but I guess Mist Breath=Water.

So priority is Tiki>Peony>Chrom. I'll try to get them all, but Tiki is the one I want the most.

Edited by Medeus

Guess some people don't know that people in Japan like Chrom about as much as people in the West like Ike and Lyn. But yeah, I like Chrom and I like Tiki but even that is not enough to convince me to try out Dragalia Lost. Maybe if next year they have Heroes Anna I will try out the game but until then I will stick with playing just Heroes.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Guess some people don't know that people in Japan like Chrom about as much as people in the West like Ike and Lyn. But yeah, I like Chrom and I like Tiki but even that is not enough to convince me to try out Dragalia Lost. Maybe if next year they have Heroes Anna I will try out the game but until then I will stick with playing just Heroes.

Ike is popular in Japan too, not just the west.

I didn't notice at first that Chrom's art had Freddy and Lissa in the BG though! That is neat and I appreciate any Freddy love. ❤️

Edited by Anacybele

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ike is popular in Japan too, not just the west.

I never said he wasn't. I'm just saying Chrom is popular in Japan as evident by the fact that they like to use Chrom for crossovers such as to highlight as an important appearance in Fire Emblem Warrior, Chrom was one of the characters used (alongside Lucina and Tiki) to crossover in Project X Zone 2, they had a crossover with Monster Hunter Frontier where Chrom's outfit and sword were options in that game and now Dragalia Lost as well.

So yeah, their main crossover promotional characters seems to be Marth, Tiki, Chrom and Lucina most of the time which perfectly reflects in Dragalia Lost as the non-Heroes OC characters to appear are Marth last year and now Chrom and Tiki next year. So I guess that means we should expect Lucina next year.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

I never said he wasn't. I'm just saying Chrom is popular in Japan as evident by the fact that they like to use Chrom for crossovers such as to highlight as an important appearance in Fire Emblem Warrior, Chrom was one of the characters used (alongside Lucina and Tiki) to crossover in Project X Zone 2, they had a crossover with Monster Hunter Frontier where Chrom's outfit and sword were options in that game and now Dragalia Lost as well.

So yeah, their main crossover promotional characters seems to be Marth, Tiki, Chrom and Lucina most of the time which perfectly reflects in Dragalia Lost as the non-Heroes OC characters to appear are Marth last year and now Chrom and Tiki next year. So I guess that means we should expect Lucina next year.

But why is it always them? Why not mix it up a bit since there are other popular FE characters too? Ike, Lyn, Hector, etc. And Ike is arguably more popular than all of those.

not a big fan of Awakening tbh so I don't plan on getting Chrom. Tiki on the other hand........

wish they'd put like Ike or Caeda. Or even Corrin since he wields sword and can transform into dragon

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But why is it always them? Why not mix it up a bit since there are other popular FE characters too? Ike, Lyn, Hector, etc. And Ike is arguably more popular than all of those.

Because Archanea is a big deal in Japan as the OG game. Awakening and its Lords are in general well liked. Game recognition is just as important as character recognition. IS and Japan don't care about Tellius which is why you are not likely to see their characters in anything outside of Smash Bros. It's why Game Freak always falls back on the Gen 1 mons and characters and why Mario always references things from SMB1, SMB3 and SMW. Plus you know, a Japanese company is always going to try to appeal more to the Japanese than anyone else.

12 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Because Archanea is a big deal in Japan as the OG game. Awakening and its Lords are in general well liked. Game recognition is just as important as character recognition. IS and Japan don't care about Tellius which is why you are not likely to see their characters in anything outside of Smash Bros. It's why Game Freak always falls back on the Gen 1 mons and characters and why Mario always references things from SMB1, SMB3 and SMW. Plus you know, a Japanese company is always going to try to appeal more to the Japanese than anyone else.

I'm not saying they have to care about Tellius as a whole (even though I disagree that they don't care), just Ike because he's extremely popular and recognizable due to being in Smash and all.