"I love Democracy" -Sheev. Vote for the GBA game we draft!

JudgeWargrave

Trying something new, to increase participation we will vote on which game. Well theoretically participation should be up due to sequestered people anyway. To avoid the spoiler effect we will use ranked voting:

1. If any choice has >50% of 1st choice votes, it wins.
  2. If no winner, eliminate the choice with fewest 1st choice votes, moving up 2nd choices to 1st as needed afterward, and check step 1 again. Ties are broken using the sum of voting ranks (Last choice is 0 points, 2nd last 1 point etc).

This way you don't really need to worry about "wasting" your vote on a potentially unpopular choice (i.e. spoiler effect) because your vote will just transfer to your next preference anyway.

Rules set will be more or less usual, don't want to clutter up the OP with several of these before the game is even selected. Naturally they will be open to change in the spirit of the thread.

Our candidates are:

1. FE6 Normal Mode, 6 people
  2. FE7 Hector Normal Mode, 5 people
  3. FE8 Hard Mode, 4 people
  4. And to spice things up with an experiment, FE8 Hard Mode with FULL Lagdou Ruins, 4 people

If the winner needs more people, we just wait for 1 or 2 more. Conversely if the winner is for fewer people, the largest, earliest subset of people with a valid winner will be used. For example, if the winner of the first 4 votes is FE7, but the fifth vote makes the winner a 4 player option, then the earliest group of 4 voters with a valid winning option will be used.

Heck, I'll leave the draft method up to the people as well.

1. Normal Draft
  2. Screw Over Your Opponent Draft
  3. Auction

See my previous threads for how an auction would operate, for example https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/89726-fe8-auction-6-partial-lagdou/.

From that you can probably guess my first choices:

1. FE8 + Lagdou
  2. FE8 Hard
  3. FE7 Hector Normal
  4. FE6 Normal

1. Auction
  2. Normal Draft
  3. SOYO Draft

Now cast your votes, The Senate commands you to dewit.

Edit: Teams:

MacLovin: Vanessa, Moulder, Garcia, Colm, Duessel, 2nd Lord, Marisa

Wargrave: Seth>=5, Lute, Cormag, Forde, Neimi, L'Arachel, Syrene, Ewan

Emerson: Franz, Natasha, Gerik, Ross, Saleh, Dozla, Knoll, Amelia

Peppy: Artur, Tana, Gilliam, Kyle, Joshua, Innes, Myrrh, Rennac

Edited by JudgeWargrave
adding teams

Cool, have any preference for the draft style?

Edit: Also since based on Discord we seem to have drifted toward FE8 I might as well add in the rules at this point. These are more or less the rules I had for my previous thread except without the Ruins (unless people want to go with that).

Team structure:

1. There will be four players.

2. There are 31 units to draft, including Seth starting chapter 5, Myrrh, and the secondary lord. (One team will be short one unit.)

3. All teams automatically include:

• The main lord, (Ephraim counts as the main lord for 5x)
  • Tethys,
  • Orson,
  • The secondary lord for 8 and 15.

Rules:

1. Play on Hard Mode.

2. Restricted actions:

• You may not voluntarily deploy undrafted units except on chapters with talk recruitments, specifically 5, 9, 10, 11, 12b, 13a, 14, and 17.
  • Undrafted units may move, recruit units, rescue/drop undrafted units, trade between chapters, and dig up items in the desert.
  • Undrafted units may not do anything else, including but not limited to: enter combat, use items, take items or have them put in their inventory, visit (any building), rescue/drop drafted units or NPCs, steal, pick, or have a support rank.
  • Drafted units may do as you please without penalty.
  • Do not enter avoidable skirmishes, the Tower, or Ruins. You must immediately retreat from unavoidable skirmishes. Trainees don't get to be leveled in the Tower.
  • Mine/enemy control glitch is banned.

3. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

4. Map shopping is allowed.

Penalties:

1. You may use an undrafted unit as a drafted unit with a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter. (There is no special penalty for Seth.)

If anyone has any objections feel free to discuss.

Edited by JudgeWargrave
adding rules

Let's give this a shot. Would be down for Normal or SOYO (Normal preferred. I don't really browse the SF Discord so if you already have a full lineup then my b)

Edited by Peppy

First come first served!

2036088542_DraftOrder.thumb.png.8765adce50df7d79c13156b85a7e0cf7.png

Snake order of course, so MacLovin >Wargrave >Emerson >Peppy >Peppy >Emerson >Wargrave >MacLovin repeat until no more units.

Units available:

Spoiler

Franz
Gilliam
Vanessa
Moulder
Ross
Garcia
Neimi
Colm
Artur
Lute
Seth(>=Ch5)
Natasha
Joshua
Forde
Kyle
Tana
Amelia
Gerik
Innes
Marisa
Dozla
L'Arachel
Saleh
Ewan
Cormag
Rennac
Duessel
Knoll
2nd Lord
Myrrh
Syrene

Can Ross be picked up by undrafted Vanessa Ch. 2? He is hard to recruit otherwise.

Edited by Peppy

I was unsure and figured the edit would have gave me time to change my mind. Could I get Gilliam if that's alright (sticking with Kyle regardless. I'll stick with Joshua if this backpedal is too much of a hassle)?

Edited by Peppy