Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is some dangerous thinking for an ironman. Its the ones who see the most use because you want them on your end team that always seem to have the most tragic, and certain deaths...

I have no doubt that everyone will die, no matter where they palce in my "How much I want you to be good" tier list. I've had issues with Berwick Saga from chapter 3-onwards, I haven't even made it to the hard part yet!

If he is its not by much, its more that he is the boring-est mage of the bunch. I seem to remember some well throughout analysis, which generally shows that Erk, Lucius, and Canas having very similar sorta damage outputs at about the same level, as their tome types tend to compensate for their stat spreads. Canas gets a slight advantage due to the utility of dark magic, but its very slight, Nosferatu tanks his attack speed low enough to be dangerous except against the slowest foes, Luna is worse than Flux against everything but the most resistant bosses, and Eclipse's inability to kill makes it a terrible siege tome. Lucius has the biggest advantage if he reaches promotion, as he gets extra staff rank. As for the Pent and Nino comparison, Erk has one massive advantage over both, he has high availability. Pent is the king of bases, and Nino is the queen of growth, but Erk is the master of availability, as you get him for 12-16 maps before Pent, and 14-18 before Nino, which is a lot of extra use. Even if you bench him the instant Pent arrives, if you use him on every chapter he is available before he will see more chapters of use than either of them can, even ignoring Lyn mode.

Huh. I've always seen him as the mage equivalent of an earlygame healer: They work, but the second the next one shows up, they're irrelevant. Perhaps it's because he's been been badly stat screwed in all of my runs. Well, boring is all right, I suppose. Nino is going to be my star sage for endgame unless she dies, regardless of how well Erk does.

I always try to use Lucius, but he just never stays on my team, much like most units I like, since there is not many deployment slots in several chapters in a row.

Giving Wil a boss kill. Much as archers/snipers are accurately described as terrible in this game, they are actually kinda useful on the magic seal gaiden chapters. They have reliable range attacks when enemies have much higher attack speed due to their weighty magic unequipping in the magic seal.

I like archers as a class line, but I'm mostly using him for when/if Rebbecca dies. If he makes it that far, I'll need him for Kishuna. Funnily enough, I actually only gave him the boss kill because he was at about 90 Exp and I kept trying to feed him kills after Florina-chipping, but she kept critting, and the boss was 1 range locked.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:41 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

No but not even that, the game starts with the same RNs so the same things are bound to happen if you reset after every map.

Funny how things happen like that.

Same, without fail.

Well, with Sain actually getting a few decent levels, perhaps he'll be in good shape this time?

Oh my I never considered this lol, but it's true.

As we'll see in this update, I find it funny how nobody seems to care that another province just kinda sends an army THAT KIDNAPS THEIR MARQUESS AND TRIES TO BURN DOWN THEIR CITY! Does nobody actually care at all? It's highly questionable.

Maybe they sent the black fang in to leave no witnesses

Who does this remind me of.......

BUT OF COURSE! I am being reminded from white mage from this LP (https://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/episode-001-were-going-where/), only that she never really was tricked like this into helping a bad guy but her way of speaking... definitely similar to it.

Creativity 100 on my part, then.

The update:

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0

Lyn and her legion set out for Caelin, passing through Araphen.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

Hate to break it to you, bud, but when I see an armor knight, I don't think deadly.

Also, wouldn't Lundgren be the next Marquess, not Lyn? Seeing as Lyn is both A) a girl, and B) younger than Lundgren,  he'd technically be the heir to the throne. There's literally no reason to get rid of Lyn if you're gonna be the marquess until you die. Eh, maybe Lycia has weird inheritance stuff going on?

Oh well. I'm probably overthinking it.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-5.png?dl=0

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0So this is Araphen? It's big.

Saain.png?dl=0Araphen, home to meadows, forests and lovely ladies! It's the second-biggest city in Lycia, only behind Ostia itself. Kent is on his way to speak to the Marquess to request aid.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0I suppose this would be a good spot to rest the night, then. It's a long way until the next city, and we don't need any more of My dude's complaints.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Yes! I finally get to sleep in an actual bed! I've got dibs on not having to sleep on the floor! Also, can  just say that this architecture of these buildings is cool? So different from what they have back home!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0We hardly have buildings in Sacae, so it's new for me too. Where are you actually from, My dude?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Oh, I never told you? I'm from Etruria.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Then why'd you go to Sacae? I'm sure Etruria's got more fighting to be had for your tactics training.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Um...Well, you see...In Etruria, we believe that the best place to learn is from foreign cultures! (Nice! They probably won't see through that.)

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0That's not at all what I've heard about Etrurians. But no matter; I shouldn't hold prejudice against people I've never met.

Helllo.png?dl=0People go to listen to Symphonies together in Etruria, right?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Yes, it is considered a great place to bond with others. I myself am quite fond of Etterberg's 2nd in C minor, but I generally enjoy all forms of music. Araphen has a famously good orchestra too, so I'd give anything to hear a performance by them.

Helllo.png?dl=0(Bonding experience...I'll see if there's any concerts soon.)

Saain.png?dl=0Here comes Kent!

Kennethent.png?dl=0Good news, everyone!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-14.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-18.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-19.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-21.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-22.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-23.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-25.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-26.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-28.png?dl=

No comment.

Helllo.png?dl=0What a stroke of luck! Etterberg's 2nd is being performed tonight! My dude won't be able to say no if I ask him out now!

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0Good afternoon, young lady! How can I help you?

Helllo.png?dl=0Ah! Um-ah-T-t--t-t-two tickets for Etterberg's 2nd, please!

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0Of course! That will be...Good gravy, what's happening over there?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-30.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-32.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-33.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-34.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-36.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-37.png?dl=

When all of a sudden!!!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-39.png?dl=

(He's dead, by the way. I botched the screenshot.)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-40.png?dl= 

And then-Long story short-Lyn helps the nomad who saved her, (His name is Rath) by getting rid of the assassins sent by another marquess to kidnap the Marquess of Araphen! Not at all something that Araphen should declare war over, amirite? I mean, it's not like Araphen's highest government official and representative is important! Although tbh I don't mind the people not caring since the marquess is kinda scummy.

And then everyone's favorite thief, Matthew makes a star appearance!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-78.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-80.png?dl=

Yes, Matthew breaks into someone's house to watch the fight. I haven't decided if I'm going to use him; his stats are terrible, but he has some of the best avaliability in the game. We'll see.

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0Sorry about panicking there. Two tickets, you said?

Helllo.png?dl=0Y-y-ye-es please.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Florina! The battle is starting!

Helllo.png?dl=0Aah! Coming! (I'll come back for the tickets later.)

THE MAP:

image.png.50dd626115c0683b0ea9107e5fcbaf91.png

There is roofs over all of the indoor spaces, not that it matters. This chapter has about 7 enemies, who are largely soldiers, and we all know what GBA era soldiers are like. They can't even damage Kent! This chapter is basically impossible to fail on, even for me. We also get Rath on our side, and Matthew has broken and entered into the northern house with a red roof. He will join us when someone visits.

The people have spoken! They want to see most of the turns in Lyn mode, other than the ones I deem boring!

Spoiler alert: This map is boring in general, so let's talk about our new units.

Matthew is terrible in every way, (but I forgot to take a screenshot of his and Rath's stats.) but is a thief and is available from now until endgame. Unless he dies, that is.

Rath is easily the best archer in the game: He has a mount, a good promotion, solid bases and good offensive growths, at least in my experience; Unfortunately, he rejoins quite late, a few chapters after we leave the dread isle and right before Nabata, where there is tight deployment. By that point, he's not quite as good; however, if both Rebecca and WIl are dead/stat screwed, he's on the team. Maybe.

Anyways, back to the chapter:

Nothing much happened here; I remembered that Matthew's exp gains are massive because thief, I guess. I suppose I might invest into him.

Anyways, here's all else that happened.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-160.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-170.png?dl

Two bad levels, both off the boss. I usually don't mind defense from a mage, but since Erk has always been magic screwed...Well, I'm paranoid. It's only been one level, though. I'll give him some time.

We also got an angelic robe and a thick Load of cash (5000)! I really hope the next chapter has a good armory so Florina can stay on the frontlines.

The angelic robe is going to (Who else) Florina! Now she might survive two hits!

Great! Now we've saved Araphen from an invading force from their close allies! We'll get some soldiers, and Lyn mode will be as good as done! Lyn can sit back and relax as another province invades hers on her behalf! (Wait a second...)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-175.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-176.png?dl

He doesn't seem concerned that his city just got invaded.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-177.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-178.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-179.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-180.png?dl

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-181.png?dl

Ah! Perhaps he's asking whether this invading army came here on Lyn's orders and he's mad because...Well...His province got invaded?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-183.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-184.png?dl

FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS WAS AN INVADING FORCE THAT TRIED TO KIDNAP YOU! THIS WAS NOT A RIOT!!!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-185.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-186.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-187.png?dl

Okay, he's being sensible in that he comprehends that the inheritance dispute is petty, but he seems to be more concerned that his castle was damaged than the fact that he was kidnapped and his city was invaded. But it is an improvement!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-188.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-189.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-190.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-191.png?dl

And yada yada yada, racial slurs because he tried to hit on Lyn's mom but she married a sacaen instead so now he hates all sacaens and won't let them into Araphen, Kent and Sain protest, etc. Everything's all fine dandy, just a typical racist bigot noble, what else is new, until he says this:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-207.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-208.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-209.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dl

Wait, what? Did he actually just say that?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dl

WHAT THE FRICK?! THE COMING MARQUESS JUST SENT AN ARMY TO KIDNAP YOU AND BURN DOWN YOUR CASTLE WHILE YOU WERE IN IT! HE TRIED TO MURDER YOU! AND YOU WANT TO AVOID TROUBLE?! HE PROBABLY EVEN SAID TO THE SOLDIERS: 20200411095312_1.jpg?dl=0

I...I just can't...There's too many plot holes in this chapter...Augh...Why is Lundgren even bothering to try to stop Lyn if he's the heir even with Lyn being there? They even confirm for us that Lundgren is the heir...I...I need to go play a game without as many plot holes...brain bleach...

Let's just end this update...I can't show any more of marquess' dialogue. It hurts.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Since we're not welcome here, let's roll out!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Oy...No comfortable bed for me...

Back in Araphen...

Helllo.png?dl=0I've got the tickets...Now comes the hard part. Y-you can do it, Florina! Just go right up to My dude, and...Where did everybody go?

Outside of Araphen...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-259.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-260.png?dl

DEATH COUNT: --

RESET COUNT: 2

Fire Emblem (U) [!]-210.png

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, wouldn't Lundgren be the next Marquess, not Lyn? Seeing as Lyn is both A) a girl, and B) younger than Lundgren,  he'd technically be the heir to the throne. There's literally no reason to get rid of Lyn if you're gonna be the marquess until you die. Eh, maybe Lycia has weird inheritance stuff going on?

Oh well. I'm probably overthinking it.

Succession can be complicated, if the Caelin throne has male preference (as in females can inherit, but sons take preference over daughters), or no gender restrictions on inheritance (rare but not unheard of) Lyn may well be the rightful heir, if she can prove it. Children often take precedence over siblings , so unless Lyn is considered a phony she probably has a better claim.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Rath is easily the best archer in the game: He has a mount, a good promotion, solid bases and good offensive growths, at least in my experience; Unfortunately, he rejoins quite late, a few chapters after we leave the dread isle and right before Nabata, where there is tight deployment. By that point, he's not quite as good; however, if both Rebecca and WIl are dead/stat screwed, he's on the team. Maybe.

Funnily enough he is the only unit which is arguably better if  you skip Lyn mode, as he is high enough level that he probably wont get much better stats, and gets B rank bows if you skip Lyn mode, which gives him instant access to the brave bow. I forget how the game deals with units dying in Lyn mode, so intentionally sacrificing might make him better...

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Funny how things happen like that.

Even funnier is how I just watched this video on videogame RNG and it pretty much said that for a strategy game to have this RNG system be so exploitable, it's pretty dumb (basically it's not just the first three numbers, BUT EVERY NUMBER, and I imagine they just repeat at some point or something. The same video makes the assumption that the devs probably didn't expect you to replay the same scenario over and over again while shutting off your system and seeing that nothing changes (and of course it's easier to restart than to suspend than on the original console where the reverse is true).

As we'll see in this update, I find it funny how nobody seems to care that another province just kinda sends an army THAT KIDNAPS THEIR MARQUESS AND TRIES TO BURN DOWN THEIR CITY! Does nobody actually care at all? It's highly questionable.

Maybe they sent the black fang in to leave no witnesses

Yeah... it's really weird now that I think about it.

Like said above, children usually have better claims to inherit the throne than siblings.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-33.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-34.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-36.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-37.png?dl=

Hey look it's Puzon, the boss from chapter 13x!

The people have spoken! They want to see most of the turns in Lyn mode, other than the ones I deem boring!

Well I evened that out, I guess.

Also why is there an error image at the bottom?

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Succession can be complicated, if the Caelin throne has male preference (as in females can inherit, but sons take preference over daughters), or no gender restrictions on inheritance (rare but not unheard of) Lyn may well be the rightful heir, if she can prove it. Children often take precedence over siblings , so unless Lyn is considered a phony she probably has a better claim.

Seems legit. It's not elaborated in, but it seems most certain that Lyn would be the rightful heir to Caelin given Lundren's fear of her.

Funnily enough he is the only unit which is arguably better if  you skip Lyn mode, as he is high enough level that he probably wont get much better stats, and gets B rank bows if you skip Lyn mode, which gives him instant access to the brave bow. I forget how the game deals with units dying in Lyn mode, so intentionally sacrificing might make him better...

I'm pretty sure it resets to the character's stats at the start of Lyn mode? When/if someone dies, we shall see.

Oh, I forgot to mention Lyn mode deaths in the OP. I'll go do that now, but to make it official:

UNITS WHO BOW OUT AND RETURN LATER ARE DEAD TO ME; THEY CANNOT RETURN TO FIGHT AGAIN.

On 4/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Even funnier is how I just watched this video on videogame RNG and it pretty much said that for a strategy game to have this RNG system be so exploitable, it's pretty dumb (basically it's not just the first three numbers, BUT EVERY NUMBER, and I imagine they just repeat at some point or something. The same video makes the assumption that the devs probably didn't expect you to replay the same scenario over and over again while shutting off your system and seeing that nothing changes (and of course it's easier to restart than to suspend than on the original console where the reverse is true).

Wow. I don't like to exploit RNG abuse, but it's funny how easy it is to do it.

Yeah... it's really weird now that I think about it.

Like said above, children usually have better claims to inherit the throne than siblings.

Yep, that's valid. I mean, Kent and Sain wouldn't go get Lyn if she wasn't the heir, right?

Hey look it's Puzon, the boss from chapter 13x!

Shameless repeated portrait recolors, grumble grumble. Good thing my side story's not using a Duessel sprite with a bad eyepatch I put on with MS paint in ten seconds, right?

Right?

Well I evened that out, I guess.
Your wish has been granted again since there's almost 220 screenshots of dialogue that I took and I didn't want to put all of them in.
Also why is there an error image at the bottom?

I accidentally added it and didn't realize until I posted and then the edit button told me it was posted too long ago. (I guess 30 seconds is too late to edit a post?) It was probably just the size of the post that messed it up.

The update:

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

Meanwhile, back on the border of Bern...

UwU.png?dl=0Helen, why did you stand up for me back there? I left you behind! I treated you like trash!

Helen.png?dl=0It was the right thing to do; I spoke from the heart. I do truly believe that you are an amazing person.

UwU.png?dl=0It appears that you've misjudged my personality. The truth is-

Helen.png?dl=0You were a bandit, I know. You sympathized with your alleged marauders too much for me to be able to not deduce that.

UwU.png?dl=0Oh? Then why are you still following me?

Helen.png?dl=0You ARE a good person! I want to walk with you to wherever you go next! I want you to start a better life...Nobody really wants to be a bandit. I don't know who we were chasing or why we were going after them...But I did know that in the end, it would all turn out right.

UwU.png?dl=0Just how naive are you to think that a bandit who hurts people for a living was setting out on a journey to help people?

Helen.png?dl=0That's not why we left, it is where we will end up.

UwU.png?dl=0...

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass, where do you want to go in life?

UwU.png?dl=0I...I want to belong. I don't know where I'm supposed to be, but I want to live in a place where I'm just Glass, a regular person, not a boasting, good-for-nothing. I'd want family, but I know that for someone like me, it's too much to wish for.

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass, I've only known you for a few months, but through this time, I've met you well enough that I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with you.

UwU.png?dl=0Hah! Don't torture yourself by spending more time with me.

Helen.png?dl=0No, I mean it! If I had a choice between eternal wealth and a life with you, I'd always take the path with you.

UwU.png?dl=0Helen...What do you want from life, then? Surely you can do better than me.

Helen.png?dl=0I have always wanted to own a small restaurant in a quiet village where I can help the poor and connect with people. I have also always wanted a family. I was raised by my eldest sister because my father died, and my mother and brother left. I was tired of living alone...I just really want to settle down and live quietly with my loved ones. I've finally found someone that I truly care deeply for, and I don't want to leave them behind.

UwU.png?dl=0...Can I join you? I trust you to keep me walking the straight and narrow. Maybe we'll find a village we both grow fond of and can grow our family there. Perhaps I'll find peace of mind.

Helen.png?dl=0S-sir Glass! I-I'd love that! Oh, sir Glass...

UwU.png?dl=0Helen...

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Excuse me?

Helen.png?dl=0EEK!

UwU.png?dl=0Agh!

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Am I interrupting something? I can come back later.

Helen.png?dl=0N-no, you're fine...What is it that you want?

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0You're the lass who stood up for that bloke the other day, right? I think his name was Glass?

Helen.png?dl=0Yes, that was me.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Oho! Well then lassie, I've got an offer for yer! I heard about your noble quest to stop the bandits from destroying any more lives, and I was impressed by your fiery spirit! If you'll allow me, I, Captain Lawrence, shall join you in this most remarkable endeavor!

Helen.png?dl=0Can you fight?

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Can I fight? Ha! I am the man who held the gate during the climactic battle of Castle Remy during the Etrurian-Illian war! I am the once-revered Avalanche, Great knight General of Ilia! Although I'm not as spry as I was in the days of yore, my axe shall be an asset to any battle we shall face!

Helen.png?dl=0You were the Avalanche of Ilia's army?

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Yes ma'am! All I ask in payment is some good grub, I shall take care of all other financial matters for myself!

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass, what do you think?

UwU.png?dl=0Even though he makes my ears hurt, we'll need all the help we can get.

Helen.png?dl=0We'd love to have you join our quest.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Bwahaha! You'll not regret this investment! I shall meet you again when you are prepared to embark.

UwU.png?dl=0...

Helen.png?dl=0Looks like we are in this quest for real, sir Glass.

UwU.png?dl=0Yes. I hope that we can find some bandits nearby so people don't think that you're a fraud.

Smolya.png?dl=0Pardon me...Are you Sister Helen?

Helen.png?dl=0Hm?

Smolya.png?dl=0I heard that you were in search of mercenaries for your quest to stop the bandits. I was going to enlist for the Bern army soon, but this seems like good experience before I do. Besides, I enjoy helping those in need.

Helen.png?dl=0The Bern army? But you're so young...

Smolya.png?dl=0I want to help Bern grow stronger and to help as many people as possible. I can accomplish this through the army. And do not worry about my capabilities; I can handle a fire tome pretty well, if I do say so myself.

UwU.png?dl=0What do you want for pay?

Smolya.png?dl=0Just enough for my expenses, I suppose. We'll compile how much I spent on equipment and the like, and you can reimburse me.

UwU.png?dl=0Helen, do you want to hire her?

Helen.png?dl=0I suppose that we'll need numbers in order to fight the bandits...I say yes.

UwU.png?dl=0You've got yourself a deal.

Smolya.png?dl=0Excellent. I shall prepare myself for this quest.

Helen.png?dl=0Pardon me for asking, but what is your name?

Smolya.png?dl=0Oh, I'm sorry for forgetting to introduce myself; I am Brunnya, an aspiring mage from Bern.

Helen.png?dl=0Thank you. Sleep well, young lady!

Smolya.png?dl=0I will, Sister!

Deep into Lycia...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-15.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-17.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-18.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-19.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-20.png?dl=

Guess what's gonna happen for the next four maps.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-26.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-31.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-32.png?dl=

And being a typical FE lord, Lyn decides to help! And Sain...I know a lot of people dislike Sain for being flat, but he's one of the best comic reliefs in the series IMO.

But before fighting these assassins, Nils gives us some tips about fighting these nasty blokes then gets attacked:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-55.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-57.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-59.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-65.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-66.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-71.png?dl=

ZE MAP:

image.png.2b55d3fa770676035f9d470db8dad537.png

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but this map is dead easy. Once again, there is few enemies, and I can almost swear that they're weaker than the ones that we fought back in chapters 3 and 4. Seriously, even the brigands in this map are weak! It is also the introduction to enemy spellcasters of both Anima and Dark varieties. Fortunately for us, they are SUPER weak, and even if they weren't we get a new unit to counteract them in case Erk was already toast. But more on that later. We also get Nils, a bard! He's not so good, but he's a refresher unit, so who cares? He starts at level 1 and has to get to level 7 if we want to get all of the gaiden chapters. Thusly, I will be using every chance I get to give him exp. Lastly, we get a prep screen with limited deployment for the first time.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-73.png?dl=

As promised, here are Matthew's stats. I have no clue what his growths are, but I'm assuming that he's got speed and that's it, just like every other thief. Again, undecided on whether he'll see use; I know Legault can be much better, but I've never used either of them. I am benching Rath because he is quite overleveled and I need that exp for Kent, Sain, Wil and Lyn.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-74.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-75.png?dl=

I give Florina an angelic robe, which brings her HP to 26, and away we go! I'd also like to point out that Lyn's Mani Katti is still at 43 uses; I seem to recall that it gets all uses back for Hector mode, but I'm not jinxing it.

And here comes our new recruit.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-82.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-89.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-90.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-91.png?dl=

This is Lucius. Not only is he a great guy, but he's in my opinion the best offensive spellcaster we get during Lyn mode; I'll touch on that in a second.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-179.png?dl

He is super squishy, but is quite dodgy despite his low luck; he should gain lots of speed too. He's got a solid magic base, starts at a nice, low level, and stays great throughout Lyn mode and will likely be ORKOing most enemies. He does have a few problems, though. Obviously, he's squishy as heck, just like everyone else. He also tends to fall off during Eliwood mode, at least in my experience. Biggest of all, I'm pretty sure his magic growth is bad, since he usually ends up with quite low magic in my experience. I've never actually promoted him, but I want to this time. Lastly, his tome has 35 uses and has to last until chapter ten, so including 7x, he's got to stretch those uses. I'm going to be saving a ton for chapter 9, as Eagler always gives me a run for my money.

Actually, I'm making a new rule: I'm allowed to look at the growths of THREE UNITS and no more. Well, let's look at Lucius', then. (Two left! I'm definitely saving one for Farina, and then maybe the other for Legault?)

HOLY MACKEREL, 60% MAGIC GROWTH? That's amazing! I guess he just go badly screwed in my runs. He's ultra squishy, with only 10% defense growth and 20% luck, but otherwise has solid growths across the board, especially in resistence. (60% res, 50 skill, 40 speed, 55 hp.)

Well, let's just start! For real this time!

Again, this chapter is super easy. Seriosly, check out this generic's stats.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-118.png?dl

Yeah...I'll just show the levels.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-116.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-144.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-198.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-203.png?dl

Some solid levels all around! Seriously, how is Florina as strong as Sain? She has an incredibly low growth in it, IIRC.

Also, Matthew and Serra have special dialogue with Hector, who is in a visitable house. Matthew's version is him reporting that Lyn seems legit and that Lundgren seems power-hungry and shouldn't be the marquess, in Serra's...Well...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-184.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-185.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-186.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-187.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-188.png?dl

Pfft...This actually got a good chuckle out of me. Doesn't make Lyn mode worth PLAYING, but it does help ease the boringness of this.

Anyways, we clear the chapter! Huh, apparently there's a turn limit to access the gaiden? Who knew. I did make it in the required time, but I'm glad I didn't Nils train on this level specifically.

Anyways, we don't get Ninian back, but someone does...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-216.png?dl

Eliwood, my favorite of the the three lords and Lyn's future Husbando has saved the day! He chats with Lyn and offers to help in the future. (Alas, he's not playable in Lyn mode.)

But oh no, Ninian's lost her departed mum's ring! We'd better go get it!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-320.png?dl

The side quest, which is hyped by the game to be incredibly hard but is only a bit more challenging than this one! Still, I'd better watch my step, lest I get lulled into a false sense of security...

I apologize for skipping most of the post-chapter, but there is 122 photos of all of the dialogue post-chapter alone, and I don't really want to upload all of them.

DEATH COUNT:--

TIMES NILS HAS TO PLAY UNTIL LEVEL 7: 50

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I accidentally added it and didn't realize until I posted and then the edit button told me it was posted too long ago. (I guess 30 seconds is too late to edit a post?) It was probably just the size of the post that messed it up.

I think that is secretly the your post was too long to edit (but due to other more convenient errors could still be posted) error message.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass, I've only known you for a few months, but through this time, I've met you well enough that I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with you.

Has it really been months in the story? I was going to call you out on things moving too fast between those two, but if its really been mon-

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0You're the lass who stood up for that bloke the other day, right? I think his name was Glass?

...well I guess there must have been a lot of down time between chapters 3-4, as there have only been a couple of days between 5&7...

I know I shouldn't be nitpicking the timing of this fanfic.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Smolya.png?dl=0Oh, I'm sorry for forgetting to introduce myself; I am Brunnya, an aspiring mage from Bern.

I kinda like this hair changed villager girl version of Brunnya, its a nice way of adding tangential cannon to your fanfic.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

He starts at level 1 and has to get to level 7 if we want to get all of the gaiden chapters.

Good Luck pulling off the Kishuna kill in chapter 19x, as it is incredibly luck based with his ludicrous avoid. At least it sounds like you are training an Archer to give you one slightly accurate range attack...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

As promised, here are Matthew's stats. I have no clue what his growths are, but I'm assuming that he's got speed and that's it, just like every other thief. Again, undecided on whether he'll see use; I know Legault can be much better, but I've never used either of them. I am benching Rath because he is quite overleveled and I need that exp for Kent, Sain, Wil and Lyn.

If you are doing HHM, he is literally the only unit with Hector on the first map. Plus he is the only one who can steal the first Elysian Whip, Guiding Ring, and can open the chest for the first Hero crest, and Knight Crest (although it isn't that hard to kill the knight's proof off of an enemy thief if you need to). Not saying you should use him long term, but as long as he is alive, you should use that thief utility to the fullest. Than again there is unique dialogue that occurs if he dies on Hector's first map, and the scene where you find Leila's body becomes somehow more depressing with a dead Matthew.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

HOLY MACKEREL, 60% MAGIC GROWTH? That's amazing! I guess he just go badly screwed in my runs. He's ultra squishy, with only 10% defense growth and 20% luck, but otherwise has solid growths across the board, especially in resistence. (60% res, 50 skill, 40 speed, 55 hp.)

Well, let's just start! For real this time!

To be fair Light Magic is noticeably weaker than the other magics in this game, so if you were looking at his damage instead of his stats...

22 hours ago, Benice said:

Your wish has been granted again since there's almost 220 screenshots of dialogue that I took and I didn't want to put all of them in.

Thank god!

No it's just SF being an ass sometimes.

*gasp* The tlot plickens!

I seem to recall that it gets all uses back for Hector mode, but I'm not jinxing it.

Yes it does get all it's uses back.

Spoiler
On 4/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think that is secretly the your post was too long to edit (but due to other more convenient errors could still be posted) error message.

Ehh, it's a small problem. If it had been the third instance where I press some button on my computer, (haven't figured out which one it is yet) and it just posts the update when I have about two lines of text and it wouldn't let me edit, then I'd have been mad.

Has it really been months in the story? I was going to call you out on things moving too fast between those two, but if its really been mon-

...well I guess there must have been a lot of down time between chapters 3-4, as there have only been a couple of days between 5&7...

I know I shouldn't be nitpicking the timing of this fanfic.

No, I'm not happy about it either; time really got away from me story-wise, hence why Glass isn't plot-relevant even though he was supposed to be and I needed to fit it in somehow without forgetting the My Dude part. And yes, I'd imagine that chapters P-5 take a lot longer then this part since Araphen is super close to Khathelet, although this instance was me being a bad writer. Sadly, much of Glass' gang's quest is going to be shoehorned in badly. Gah, I should've introduced Brunnya and Captain Lawrence in chapter 5 like I had planned!

I kinda like this hair changed villager girl version of Brunnya, its a nice way of adding tangential cannon to your fanfic.

I've got a huge master plan... I will reveal no more. And thanks!

Good Luck pulling off the Kishuna kill in chapter 19x, as it is incredibly luck based with his ludicrous avoid. At least it sounds like you are training an Archer to give you one slightly accurate range attack...

One archer? Why use only one unit of the worst class in the game when I can use two? Anyways, yes, Kishuna's gonna be a pain. I am allowed to use save-states, but he always frustrates me.

If you are doing HHM, he is literally the only unit with Hector on the first map. Plus he is the only one who can steal the first Elysian Whip, Guiding Ring, and can open the chest for the first Hero crest, and Knight Crest (although it isn't that hard to kill the knight's proof off of an enemy thief if you need to). Not saying you should use him long term, but as long as he is alive, you should use that thief utility to the fullest. Than again there is unique dialogue that occurs if he dies on Hector's first map, and the scene where you find Leila's body becomes somehow more depressing with a dead Matthew.

So in other words, he can thief and that's it? Eh, not worth my time to train. Especially after his level of competence in this update. Still, a thief is nice to have around.

To be fair Light Magic is noticeably weaker than the other magics in this game, so if you were looking at his damage instead of his stats...

True enough, but I believe that he promotes into Bishop, which means a higher staff rank, (C, I think?) and better healing. I dunno, we'll see what happens; Prior to this update, this Erk has surpassed his level 18 counterpart's magic stat from my first run, so anything could happen. Especially since I've got a terrible feeling about Erk in his rejoin chapter; he always barely avoided death in my experience in Eliwood normal. Yikes.

Reply to @This boi uses Nino because I am having the bad formatting times.

Thank god!

Well, all the good LPers actually show the game. I figured I wasn't doing something right. Then again, Lyn mode is in a class on its own on how uneventful it is. That said, I somehow find it to be less filler than the rest of FE7. I swear, Eliwood mode could have been at least four chapters shorter and the story wouldn't change. (Expect many rants in the future, I actually don't like FE7 very much, I'm just playing it because apparently Hector Hard mode is nasty. And you know, my master plan won't work as well without context. And I'm hoping that I'll like it more the second time around.)

No it's just SF being an ass sometimes.

Oof.

*gasp* The tlot plickens!

GolLy, FE7 almost trying to resemble canon? Lol wat wen did dat haapenn?

Yes it does get all it's uses back.

IT'S MANI KATTI TIME BOIS. THOSE 43 USES ARE GONNA BE ESSENTIAL FOR ALMOST EVERY BOSS HEREON IN.

I do wonder if that applies even if it breaks, though. I'm not going to try this, as I want the Mani Katti to last until Lyn's promotion or when she becomes competent.

Spoiler

This spoiler was also a formatting error. Oh well, since you've already looked at this...

Replies are above: I had many formatting issues this time around.

The boring part:

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-5.png?dl=0

The game tries to sell you that this chapter is tough. I recall that in Lyn normal the game explicitly says that this chapter is hard. (It's not.)

I'm gonna count to see how many shameless recolors of other bosses there are. Anyways, ignore me for now.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-6.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-7.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-8.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-9.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-10.png?dl=

The guy who Ursula is roasting is a recolor of (I think) two later bosses. No. 1 shameless recolor! Also, I wonder who "They" is, since Eliwood came to us alone. Well, he rejoins at level one, so I guess it's safe to say that he told Oifey Marcus to fight them.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-12.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-13.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-14.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-15.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-17.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-19.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-20.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-23.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-24.png?dl=

The woman is Ursula, one of the Four fangs of the Black Fang, although if you're reading this, you'd probably already know that. If she didn't leave, this chapter would be impossible without incredible luck, as she is a promoted Valkyrie with all-around good stats. Fortunately for us, there is about 19 chapters to go until we fight her.

Also, please don't look at my shameless recolor below too much. Please.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Sorry that I'm late. I had to deal with my subordinates.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Ursula, my dove! Ah, I'm glad to see that you're still safe.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Did you expect otherwise?

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0No, it's just that with what you're trying to pull off...

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0I understand what you mean. Do not worry about me. I haven't done anything reckless yet...How's our son? Last I saw of him, he was crawling around aimlessly in our living room. I miss him so much...

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Gale's doing wonderfully! I wish you were there to have seen his first steps a few months back. He's been doing fine, although he misses you. We miss you.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0I've almost completed all of my tasks for the year. Soon I'll be coming home for him.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0He's gonna be happy when he hears that! All right, I got us some seats at a nice lakefront restaurant. Shall we go, my love?

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Indeed. Time is short that we can be together...Be sure to cherish it as much as I do, lest it gets taken away and you realize you miss it.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Of course, dear. Every second spent with you is worth its weight in gold...Well, if each second weighed a few tons.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Aghh...Argh...Urgh...Urk...Who designed...Mountains...to go up...hill?

Helllo.png?dl=0My dude, everyone's way up ahead and you're looking really tired. Um...Do you w-want to ride my pegasus to catch up to them?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Would you let me willingly? I can suck this up. I'm certainly not gonna impress the ladies with these thighs.

Helllo.png?dl=0(B-but his pudgy thighs are cute!) I don't mind. Besides, someone might get hurt without your guidance in battle.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Okay then...

Helllo.png?dl=0Don't fall off!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0AAAAAGHH!

Helllo.png?dl=0Am I going too fast?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0NO, IT'S ALL RIGHT!

Helllo.png?dl=0We made it to the fortress...Are you all right, My dude?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Oolp. Still better than walking. Thanks, Florina!

Helllo.png?dl=0A-ah! N-no problem!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0So they're in here? All right, let's go!

There was a lot more text than that, but it was mostly just Nin and Nils thanking us a lot. But first, the game selling the chapter's difficulty!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-31.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-43.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-45.png?dl=

The map:

image.png.dafc02a6a49ee52a005fe0d7a07b62c5.png

The first thing you'll probably see on this map is the chest and/or the thiefable doors; we don't get to use Matthew for any of them since an enemy thief opens them for us. The chest has a hammer, which would be helpful for fighting Lundgren if Lot or Wade were in FE7. Alas, we just get Dorcas of the poisoned mutton. And later Bartre, who I'm pretty sure is even worse. But I'm going to use him, since he seems to be bad in a fun way and not a "He falls off in like two chapters unless you give him ze statboosters" way."

And the enemies here are ultra suck. Like, horrendously horribad levels of suck. This is hard mode, Int sys! Give us something better than these!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-95.png?dl=

And we have more of those 1-magic spellcasters! AND PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING'S LEVEL 2 OR 1 SO YOU DON'T EVEN GET EXP! Not one enemy on this map poses a threat. Not one. Matthew and two vulneraries could probably solo this map, but I lack the patience to test this theory.

Anyways, here's the level. As per the Lyn mode standard, nothing at all happened. The boss was kinda funny, though.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-92.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-93.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-94.png?dl=

And then another soldier with the stat block I posted above does this:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-96.png?dl=

He spawns in the closed room. And he's the only reinforcement. Highly effective. (Although on the next turn, two people spawned next to the boss.) Jeez, Nils could probably have taken these guys down.

Anyways, the levels, since that's all that happened. Oh, and Matthew helping his chances to be trained a little bit by proving his utility. I missed out on the hammer because I'd like to keep Matthew alive instead of charging at some mages.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-69.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-71.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-111.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-118.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-120.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-139.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-152.png?dl

Matthew is being the thief and nothing more. I fed him the bosskill intentionally since he actually did good damage on him. (I'm pretty sure quite a few people could have ORKO'd him, though, so don't be too impressed.)

Kent's level wasn't bad, WIl needs that speed, Florina's rather lopsided right now but again, not bad, and Serra is proving herself to be endgame material.

...I hope I can get to a point where I can actually LP instead of poorly describing the levels on my team because nothing else happened. Perhaps I should've skipped Lyn Mode?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-154.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-155.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-156.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-157.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-158.png?dl

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Hey, cool, he's got the ring! Nils! Ninny! (Ninny's the girl's name, right?) I have your ring! Just ignore the dead body on the ground.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-179.png?dl

No.png?dl=0(Geh heh heh! They can't see me! That tactician in the back is as good as dead!)

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0That was quite a battle, wasn't it?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Yes, and hopefully one of our last battles.

Helllo.png?dl=0...That shadow looks weird.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Really? I thought it looked weir-YEOUCHGHHH!!

No.png?dl=0Geh heh heh...

Helllo.png?dl=0My dude! No!

TO BE CONTINUED...

DEATH COUNT: My dude?

SHAMELESS BOSS RECOLOR COUNT: 1

Why can I not post these things at the proper time?! There's going to be a (delayed) update soon.

Edited by Benice

On 4/20/2020 at 11:37 AM, Benice said:

Well, all the good LPers actually show the game. I figured I wasn't doing something right. Then again, Lyn mode is in a class on its own on how uneventful it is. That said, I somehow find it to be less filler than the rest of FE7. I swear, Eliwood mode could have been at least four chapters shorter and the story wouldn't change. (Expect many rants in the future, I actually don't like FE7 very much, I'm just playing it because apparently Hector Hard mode is nasty. And you know, my master plan won't work as well without context. And I'm hoping that I'll like it more the second time around.)

Oh I dislike FE7's story quite a bunch too, and the gameplay.

IT'S MANI KATTI TIME BOIS. THOSE 43 USES ARE GONNA BE ESSENTIAL FOR ALMOST EVERY BOSS HEREON IN.

I do wonder if that applies even if it breaks, though. I'm not going to try this, as I want the Mani Katti to last until Lyn's promotion or when she becomes competent.

You get it back full uses no questions asked. 

The game tries to sell you that this chapter is tough. I recall that in Lyn normal the game explicitly says that this chapter is hard. (It's not.)

Pfft, lol. This chapter is terribly easy. I struggled more on the next map when I was newer, primarily because the game tells you not to use Florina, but using her is actually the best idea ever!

Gale's doing wonderfully

Imagine an LP being a better prequel than your own game. Also it's Galle*

Helllo.png?dl=0My dude, everyone's way up ahead and you're looking really tired. Um...Do you w-want to ride my pegasus to catch up to them?

Your waifu is Florina right?

AND PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING'S LEVEL 2 OR 1 SO YOU DON'T EVEN GET EXP!

This really bothers me, enemies should give exp on this mode! Otherwise the Caelin squad in HHM ends up sucking hard.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-118.png?dl

(This took me way to long to quote on my phone)

Whaaat Serra not getting Magic? B-but she has a 50% growth!!1! (In my experience, 50% growths are garbage).

On 4/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, Benice said:

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Gale's doing wonderfully! I wish you were there to have seen his first steps a few months back. He's been doing fine, although he misses you. We miss you.

Time for an obscure Galle fact that you might want to have in mind for your fanfic, the FE6 art book stated he was originally Etrurian (and him being of foreign immigrant is a notable plot point for him in FE6, as its the main reason he is passed over for the position of Wyvern General of Bern). I will also note that the FE7 artbook gives Ursula's origin as unknown...

On 4/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, Benice said:

The chest has a hammer, which would be helpful for fighting Lundgren if Lot or Wade were in FE7. Alas, we just get Dorcas of the poisoned mutton.

Theoretically you could grind up the axe rank of whoever you use the knight crest on to use it, but that seems like more effort than a hammer is worth.

Actually an update!
The replies:

Spoiler
3 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Oh I dislike FE7's story quite a bunch too, and the gameplay.

Other than Nino, of course.

You get it back full uses no questions asked. 

This is too much power for one such as me...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pfft, lol. This chapter is terribly easy. I struggled more on the next map when I was newer, primarily because the game tells you not to use Florina, but using her is actually the best idea ever!

Most people would probably give her the angelic robe, and although I don't know what the Ballista's might is, most archers in Lyn mode can deal 14-16 damage to her due to effectiveness tripling might, generics having 1-3 strength and Florina having 4 defense for me.

Oh wait, it's only double weapon might in this game! Florina takes a pathetic nine damage or so from LHM archers. Urgh...I'm pretty sure they put LHM in to lull the player into a false sense of security before HHM. It'd better be harder than Eliwood normal. 

Imagine an LP being a better prequel than your own game. Also it's Galle*

Aw shucks, thanks! And, uh, um, ah, they called him Gale because...ETRURIAN ACCENT! Yeah, that's it. Etrurian accent. In the Bern accent, it sounds like Galle.

Your waifu is Florina right?

I would never steal Florina from My dude! (Especially since Shanna is my waifu.)

This really bothers me, enemies should give exp on this mode! Otherwise the Caelin squad in HHM ends up sucking hard.

Lyn hard is literally Lyn normal. If they'd given Dorcas Hard mode bonuses, maybe he'd be usable. (Does Heath get Hard mode bonuses?)

(This took me way to long to quote on my phone)

Relatable.

Whaaat Serra not getting Magic? B-but she has a 50% growth!!1! (In my experience, 50% growths are garbage).

To be honest, 50% power growth isn't all that bad; it is unreliable and Serra has an atrocious base magic, but barring heavy screwage, she'll be fine. Most people have power growths around 50%; There is no way in heck I'm wasting a guiding ring on Priscilla this time, so Serra may be in luck to be my bishop for endgame. If she survives, that is. 

52 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time for an obscure Galle fact that you might want to have in mind for your fanfic, the FE6 art book stated he was originally Etrurian (and him being of foreign immigrant is a notable plot point for him in FE6, as its the main reason he is passed over for the position of Wyvern General of Bern). I will also note that the FE7 artbook gives Ursula's origin as unknown...

Thank you for reminding me of that. You just saved me from making a huge plot hole.

Theoretically you could grind up the axe rank of whoever you use the knight crest on to use it, but that seems like more effort than a hammer is worth.

Well, neither Kent nor Sain are likely to reach promoting level in Lyn mode, so it'll be a while until that. I did get it, since they kindly made the thief drop it.

I mean, it'd be dangerous in the hands of a speed-blessed Bartre, right? (Why am I using Bartre?! I despise the fighter class line other than Lot! Wade's good too, though. I do love the warrior animations, I guess.)

52 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

I kinda wanna see a fan hack with the plot of your Helen and Glass fanfic

I mean, it could work. I am planning to make alternate maps to play with Glass' gang, but not event editing, at least for the LP. (I might write some supports, though.)

The update:

Spoiler

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0...W-what happened? Where am I?

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Oh good, you're awake.

Helllo.png?dl=0He's alive! My dude's alive! Oh, I'm so glad! I'll go spread the word!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Alive? What? Why would I be dead?

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0You were stabbed by one of the assassins. We had to fly you back to Santaruz. You survived, evidently, but you lost a lot of blood, not to mention the fact that you have a giant hole in your back.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0You guys saved me? Thank you so much! I'm very happy not to be dead.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Thank Florina instead. She's the one who got you back to Santaruz in time.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0I'll go thank her now!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0No, don't sit up! You're in no shape to do anything at all but sleep.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0But I don't hurt!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0As someone who underwent a surgery to get my tonsils removed, you will hurt in a few minutes.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0You had your tonsils removed? I thought that Sacae didn't really have hospitals!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Don't ask too many questions. Try to relax. You're badly hurt and we can't lose you.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Can you please ask Florina to come talk to me? I need to thank her.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0All right. But you've gotta sleep right after that.

UwU.png?dl=0It'll be a few days walk to Marath, a village that is allegedly being plagued by bandits. It's a newly built village, but the bandits have plagued the citizens for a while.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Oh dear...I do hope we can help those poor people.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Oh ho! Fear not, lassie, no bandit shall stand in the way if I'm there!

Smolya.png?dl=0I shall do my utmost to bring victory for us.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3.png?dl=0

Wait, what's stopping the current marquess from being the marquess? Being deathly ill didn't stop Mary I of england from being the queen. Short of an actual insurrection in which Lundgren overthrows his bro, Lundgren still shouldn't have power until he is the marquess.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-5.png?dl=0

Oh no, a ballista in a game where effective damage is only double and ballistae can't hit for beans.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-6.png?dl=0

Well, doesn't this chapter sound like a bucket of fun?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Thank you for saving me, Florina.

Helllo.png?dl=0N-no problem!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0There's something I've needed to talk about for a while...Can I trust you?

Helllo.png?dl=0O-o-oh! Of c-c-c-co-cou--co-c-cour-course! (Keep your cool, Florina! Deep breaths...Farina always said that the best way to keep someone's attention is to make them jealous...)

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina...I'm not really a tactician.

Helllo.png?dl=0Yes! Yes I'll go out wi-Wait, what?! You-you're joking, right?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0No, I'm deadly serious. This whole time...I've been lying. I told Lyn that I was a tactician so that she'd give me food and not kick me out of her house, and she believed me. She asked to accompany me, and...well, I couldn't leave her on the plains all on her own. And that's why I'm telling you this: Fighting bandits, sure, anyone could do that. But this? This a full-blown war of ascension! I'm not a tactician, and I'm so terribly afraid of getting one of us killed. I can't do this anymore. Please...Could you fly me to another city? I need to go back to being a normal person.

Helllo.png?dl=0That was kind of you to join Lyn. Besides, you've been an amazing tactician for us! None of us have died so far!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina, in the first battle we fought together, you could have died! By a sheer stroke of luck, the bandit missed. I...I almost sent you to die...

Helllo.png?dl=0A-ah! Don't cry, My dude! Besides, since then, nobody's come close to death! You've come so far, just like the rest of us. Since I met you, I've grown so much as a person and as a warrior...Thanks to you, I've mostly overcome my fear of speaking to men! Yes, when we get to Caelin and Lyn meets her Grandfather, I think I'm going to start talking to boys!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Talking to boys? Th-that means she's got her eye on someone! Now you've done it, My dude! Making the girl you like start trying to date new people!)

Helllo.png?dl=0...With you alongside us, I have no doubt that we will win! I know you can do it! If you do really need to leave, ask me and I'll help you...But it's not going to come to that. I know it!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina...Thank you very much. I'm not going to be able to help you guys fight for a little, so please, please, please stay safe.

Helllo.png?dl=0Y-you have my word! Sleep tight!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-11.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-12.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-22.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-29.png?dl=

LITERALLY 17 CONVERSATIONS ABOUT BALLISTAE

MAP START PLS BEFORE I LOSE MY SANITY THIS IS HARD MODE I KNOW WHAT A BALLISTA IS

THE MAP

image.png.50e4cb4c413bdf6285e9d51b46f42db2.png

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the fabled ballista is here. It's not a threat to us and by the time WIl can get to it, the map is basically cleared. Again, all the enemies are suck and give almost no exp. We get a swordreaver from the village and the enemies beside the boss all have reaver weapons, as does the boss, so now Lyn has WTA against him!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-49.png?dl=

And we can't even train the one guy who would get exp from these louts.

Well, whatever, I decided to train Nils, with amusing results.

The levels, since once again nothing at all happened! Lyn came close to dying at one point, but was in no real danger since it was impossible for her to die to the enemies she was in the range of. Seriously, I hope that the difficulty picks up soon. Kent can't even take damage from most enemies.

Also, The two enemies who hit Lyn had 41 % chance with WTA, which grants hit +10. With WTD, the axe users from chapter 4 had 36 hit with less accurate weapons. That's just...That's awful. Is it too late to pretend this was a Berwick or Binding Blade LP?

The levels:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-89.png?dl=

Woo! Way to go, Nils! Dang, he's close to the tankiest member of my team now, and is four levels behind!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-119.png?dl

Gurgh...I'm begging you, RNGoddess, make Lowen good! I need two good cavs in this game! Sain ain't gonna be able to hold his own for much longer... Unless the difficulty stays like this in HHM.

And then after that, it is Nils plays for Serra about 40 more times, who heals him if he procs HP.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-126.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-127.png?dl

NILS WHAT THE FRICK?! HE'S TIED FOR HIGHEST DEFENSE ON MY TEAM AND HAS HIGHEST SPEED AND LUCK!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-128.png?dl

Endgame ready.

I missed Nils's level 6, but he procced everything but Defense, skill and strength. (Obviously, the latter two stats are entirely useless.) This is his last level, and if he gets defense, he is the tankiest member on my team.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-129.png?dl

HA HA, YES! NILS HAS THE HIGHEST DEFENSE ON MY TEAM! BLESSED! I AM BLESSED! NILS CAN SOLO THE WHOLE GAME WITHOUT A POINT OF STRENGTH OR ANY WEAPONS NOW!! By god, I think I'll be able to have him walk straight to the boss next chapter. He's so fast and Lucky, plus most of the enemies won't damage him!

And we have officially finished our Nils training!

And yes, that was the chapter. One level from fighting. The boss had the audacity to not give Lyn a level.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-152.png?dl

Wow, really? I would have NEVER guessed that the military we fight in Caelin belongs to Caelin!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-155.png?dl

Technically, they're just following orders, since for some reason I guess Lundgren's leading Caelin. After a lot of talking about that, Matthew comes and tells us that Lundgren's telling everyone that Lyn is an imposter. Now that they're two days away from Caelin, what do they do?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-217.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-218.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-221.png?dl

How is Eliwood going to be able to help us? I'm pretty sure that Pherae's also small, so he couldn't be THAT influential, especially since his pop is still the Marquess. Hmm...Maybe he'll lend us Marcus? The enemies don't give exp anymore, so it doesn't matter who does what! Seriously, Kent was getting 10 exp a kill this map.

Next chapter is one I legitimately remember being hard! It's our intro to Fog of War, and I seem to recall it being a rather rough one.

UwU.png?dl=0Helen, how are you holding up?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0I'm...Fine...

UwU.png?dl=0If you need a break, you can ask for one.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Sir Lawrence and Miss Brunnya are so far ahead that we'll arrive days after them if we stop. I'm so weak...

UwU.png?dl=0There's nothing wrong with not being able to walk twenty kilometers in a day with a large backpack.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Nobody else has had issues...There's something wrong with me.

UwU.png?dl=0Physical strength isn't the only important thing about strength, sort of like how you said there's more to fighting than skill. You are the strongest person I've ever met, even if you're not the one with the biggest muscles. Be proud of who you are, and move forward like you are who you want to be. If I were as strong as you, I'd have never been a bandit.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Sir Glass...

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Ho ho, here come Lady Helen and Sir Glass!

Smolya.png?dl=0Good.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0How much...farther?

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Ten meters! Through these trees is the village!

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Ah...Finally.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0After you, Brunnya.

Smolya.png?dl=0Thank you. Wow...

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Wow...

UwU.png?dl=0Wow...

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0The village...

DEATH COUNT:  --

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, it'd be dangerous in the hands of a speed-blessed Bartre, right? (Why am I using Bartre?! I despise the fighter class line other than Lot! Wade's good too, though. I do love the warrior animations, I guess.)

How is that a question, of course you are using Bartre, cause everyone loves trying to recruit Karla, even if she is terrible (and she is trust me, I brought her to endgame on HHM for funsies)

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, what's stopping the current marquess from being the marquess? Being deathly ill didn't stop Mary I of england from being the queen. Short of an actual insurrection in which Lundgren overthrows his bro, Lundgren still shouldn't have power until he is the marquess.

I think they are saying Lundgren is acting as regent while his brother is too sick to rule.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, Benice said:

Other than Nino, of course.

Funnily enough I haven't used her since that is Rebecca good experiment thing I made a looong time ago, or maybe it was the Lowen one but I just don't wanna now that I actually play on HM.

Most people would probably give her the angelic robe, and although I don't know what the Ballista's might is, most archers in Lyn mode can deal 14-16 damage to her due to effectiveness tripling might, generics having 1-3 strength and Florina having 4 defense for me.

Oh wait, it's only double weapon might in this game! Florina takes a pathetic nine damage or so from LHM archers. Urgh...I'm pretty sure they put LHM in to lull the player into a false sense of security before HHM. It'd better be harder than Eliwood normal. 

Angelic Robe... I tend to like it on Sain or Kent (whoever became better) feed them every stat booster and promote them at the highest level I can and watch them GOOOO HAHHAHAAHHAA

Also, they really do that little to her? I always had her take so much damage, or it felt like it I guess.... but don't get complacent! HHM is still tough, at least in my experience it seems like all the pros say it's easy but I think it's hard enough.

I would never steal Florina from My dude! (Especially since Shanna is my waifu.)

You really do like that early-game-flying-utility-pegasus-riding pussy don't you? I get it tho, she's super wholesome.

Lyn hard is literally Lyn normal. If they'd given Dorcas Hard mode bonuses, maybe he'd be usable. (Does Heath get Hard mode bonuses?)

Yeah, just without tutorials..... It's funny though, this mode actually has ambush spawns in chapter 10 as a last ditch effort to be harder... LOL.

Also if we're talking LHM like HHM, then every enemy gets like 5 hidden level ups, and even more bonuses if promoted iirc. So Dorcas would get like 1 or 2 speed, and like 3 str and skl, off the top of my head.

To be honest, 50% power growth isn't all that bad; it is unreliable and Serra has an atrocious base magic, but barring heavy screwage, she'll be fine. Most people have power growths around 50%; There is no way in heck I'm wasting a guiding ring on Priscilla this time, so Serra may be in luck to be my bishop for endgame. If she survives, that is.

I guess so. But why no Guiding Ring on Priscilla? Mounted healer is best!

Also you said before that you would restrict how much you look at your growth rates... uhhh why?? it's not even cheating, just do it.

Being deathly ill didn't stop Mary I of england from being the queen.

Yeah, like why were Haussen's (was that his name?) soldiers not on his control?

Spoiler

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Thank you for saving me, Florina.

Helllo.png?dl=0N-no problem!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0There's something I've needed to talk about for a while...Can I trust you?

Helllo.png?dl=0O-o-oh! Of c-c-c-co-cou--co-c-cour-course! (Keep your cool, Florina! Deep breaths...Farina always said that the best way to keep someone's attention is to make them jealous...)

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina...I'm not really a tactician.

Helllo.png?dl=0Yes! Yes I'll go out wi-Wait, what?! You-you're joking, right?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0No, I'm deadly serious. This whole time...I've been lying. I told Lyn that I was a tactician so that she'd give me food and not kick me out of her house, and she believed me. She asked to accompany me, and...well, I couldn't leave her on the plains all on her own. And that's why I'm telling you this: Fighting bandits, sure, anyone could do that. But this? This a full-blown war of ascension! I'm not a tactician, and I'm so terribly afraid of getting one of us killed. I can't do this anymore. Please...Could you fly me to another city? I need to go back to being a normal person.

Helllo.png?dl=0That was kind of you to join Lyn. Besides, you've been an amazing tactician for us! None of us have died so far!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina, in the first battle we fought together, you could have died! By a sheer stroke of luck, the bandit missed. I...I almost sent you to die...

Helllo.png?dl=0A-ah! Don't cry, My dude! Besides, since then, nobody's come close to death! You've come so far, just like the rest of us. Since I met you, I've grown so much as a person and as a warrior...Thanks to you, I've mostly overcome my fear of speaking to men! Yes, when we get to Caelin and Lyn meets her Grandfather, I think I'm going to start talking to boys!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Talking to boys? Th-that means she's got her eye on someone! Now you've done it, My dude! Making the girl you like start trying to date new people!)

Helllo.png?dl=0...With you alongside us, I have no doubt that we will win! I know you can do it! If you do really need to leave, ask me and I'll help you...But it's not going to come to that. I know it!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Florina...Thank you very much. I'm not going to be able to help you guys fight for a little, so please, please, please stay safe.

Helllo.png?dl=0Y-you have my word! Sleep tight!

I really liked this conversation, is it the C support like you mentioned to Eltosian kadath or not?

Again, all the enemies are suck

Are all our base belong to us too?

We get a swordreaver from the village and the enemies beside the boss all have reaver weapons, as does the boss, so now Lyn has WTA against him!

I always liked this, just like giving Lyn an easy time to level up, since she is supposed to be the focus and all. But sadly most bosses or enemies aren't Lyn friendly (I.E, use lances, have decent to high defense (cavaliers and Knights)) Also it's a Lancereaver, it's a sword but it's called Lancereaver because it beats Lances. 

Seriously, I hope that the difficulty picks up soon. Kent can't even take damage from most enemies.

That's not gonna happen, Lyn mode will always be easy, even the last chapter has Level 1 enemies and a few level 2 ones.

WTA, which grants hit +10. With WTD, the axe users from chapter 4 had 36 hit with less accurate weapons. That's just...That's awful.

It's +15 in 7-10 actually, except in the latter where it gets removed in hard. Also that just shows that Lyn isn't as dodgy as everyone claims. Well in my experience she's awful but that may just be me.

Sain ain't gonna be able to hold his own for much longer... Unless the difficulty stays like this in HHM.

Well not many people double fro the get-go in HHM so Sain's high strength comes in handy, 11 strength is ridiculous.

HA HA, YES! NILS HAS THE HIGHEST DEFENSE ON MY TEAM! BLESSED! I AM BLESSED! NILS CAN SOLO THE WHOLE GAME WITHOUT A POINT OF STRENGTH OR ANY WEAPONS NOW!!

LOLOL. His def growth is actually 30%!! So it's [retty high, in this case, higher than Kent's!!! (which is 25% btw)

Wow, really? I would have NEVER guessed that the military we fight in Caelin belongs to Caelin!

Dude, one day I was in afghanistan and I saw american soldiers, so it's not that hard to imagine bruh (JK, I wasn't).

Technically, they're just following orders

My nuremburg trial senses are tingling!!

I'm pretty sure that Pherae's also small

Secondlargest territory tho.

Next chapter is one I legitimately remember being hard! It's our intro to Fog of War, and I seem to recall it being a rather rough one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA, oh lol...

When I was dumber I would have Florina fight some mountain bandits... yeah no, she ferries some strong dude like Nils and uou're done, or you airstrike the fort in the forest and stop it's reinforcements.

Smolya.png?dl=0Thank you. Wow...

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Wow...

UwU.png?dl=0Wow...

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0The village...

This... suspension is killing me man!!

Wow, my reply was.... laaaaaaarge, guess you have a bunch of material now. Feel free to cut some out if you wish.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Funnily enough I haven't used her since that is Rebecca good experiment thing I made a looong time ago, or maybe it was the Lowen one but I just don't wanna now that I actually play on HM.

I used Nino on my successful HHM ironman... well its more that I was so low on surviving troops that I felt like I had to make her work...I mean I was glad to have her along, especially after Pent died...

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

How is that a question, of course you are using Bartre, cause everyone loves trying to recruit Karla, even if she is terrible (and she is trust me, I brought her to endgame on HHM for funsies)

I mean, Guy is unlikely to survive and Lyn...Is being very typical Lyn. If I need a swordmaster, I'll go after her. (I mean, I'll try anyways.)

I think they are saying Lundgren is acting as regent while his brother is too sick to rule.

I guess so...But I'm not buying it. Tons of rulers who are super sick stay as the principal leader, from mental illness (In british history, the elder Pitt as PM) or physical, (All sorts throughout history.) I'm just overthinking this, though. I'm in no position to actually criticize anyone's writing with my level of skill.

Also, actually, how do you upload your photos for the FE6 succession run? I'm still looking for faster ways to upload the images, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

On 4/23/2020 at 7:13 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

...They should've given Nino HHM bonuses, then people'd use her.

Angelic Robe... I tend to like it on Sain or Kent (whoever became better) feed them every stat booster and promote them at the highest level I can and watch them GOOOO HAHHAHAAHHAA

I would do that, but I like using bad units and one of the cavs is always unreliable, so it's a risk.

Also, they really do that little to her? I always had her take so much damage, or it felt like it I guess.... but don't get complacent! HHM is still tough, at least in my experience it seems like all the pros say it's easy but I think it's hard enough.

That's good; I didn't enjoy ENM, hopefully I can enjoy HHM.

You really do like that early-game-flying-utility-pegasus-riding pussy don't you? I get it tho, she's super wholesome.

SHE'S SOOO CUTE!

Yeah, just without tutorials..... It's funny though, this mode actually has ambush spawns in chapter 10 as a last ditch effort to be harder... LOL.
...And tons in this chapter.
Also if we're talking LHM like HHM, then every enemy gets like 5 hidden level ups, and even more bonuses if promoted iirc. So Dorcas would get like 1 or 2 speed, and like 3 str and skl, off the top of my head.

I wish they'd done that. Alas, not the case.

I guess so. But why no Guiding Ring on Priscilla? Mounted healer is best!
A very bad experience with her in my first run.
Also you said before that you would restrict how much you look at your growth rates... uhhh why?? it's not even cheating, just do it.

I'm sorta trying to play this blind, but I suppose I might.

Yeah, like why were Haussen's (was that his name?) soldiers not on his control?

I can't remember his name either, actually. And no, it doesn't seem logical to me either.

Hide contents

I really liked this conversation, is it the C support like you mentioned to Eltosian kadath or not?

No, not really. I was more talking about adding supports between the units in Glass' gang that are earned throughout the chapters as if it were a real game; FEbuilder can do that easily.

Are all our base belong to us too?

? Maybe?

I always liked this, just like giving Lyn an easy time to level up, since she is supposed to be the focus and all. But sadly most bosses or enemies aren't Lyn friendly (I.E, use lances, have decent to high defense (cavaliers and Knights)) Also it's a Lancereaver, it's a sword but it's called Lancereaver because it beats Lances. 

Lyn indeed needs the help.

That's not gonna happen, Lyn mode will always be easy, even the last chapter has Level 1 enemies and a few level 2 ones.

Urgh...If ch. 9 was as hard as I remember, they did add one challenge in it. Well, sorta challenge if you're good. Which I'm not.

It's +15 in 7-10 actually, except in the latter where it gets removed in hard. Also that just shows that Lyn isn't as dodgy as everyone claims. Well in my experience she's awful but that may just be me.

Why does intsys insist on making infantry lance units horrendous? Soldiers throughout the GBA games are absolutely laughable! And yes, Lyn is bad IMO.

Well not many people double fro the get-go in HHM so Sain's high strength comes in handy, 11 strength is ridiculous.

True enough; his hitrates may be a problem, though. We shall see, we shall see.

LOLOL. His def growth is actually 30%!! So it's [retty high, in this case, higher than Kent's!!! (which is 25% btw)

Still blessed.

Dude, one day I was in afghanistan and I saw american soldiers, so it's not that hard to imagine bruh (JK, I wasn't).

...Maybe that's what Marquess of Araphen meant by "Avoid problems with the new marquess." Sending soldiers that were meant to be ours, for shame.

My nuremburg trial senses are tingling!!

Is that so?

Secondlargest territory tho.

Isn't that Araphen? In Roy's FE6 supports, he says to the people he has married ending with "Why don't you got to Pherae with me? It's pretty small, but..." I know at least one of them has that sentence.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA, oh lol...

When I was dumber I would have Florina fight some mountain bandits... yeah no, she ferries some strong dude like Nils and uou're done, or you airstrike the fort in the forest and stop it's reinforcements.

I am more dumb than you ever were, as you will see...Perhaps Wallace could've done the trick.

This... suspension is killing me man!!
Darn it, I killed one of my two readers!

Wow, my reply was.... laaaaaaarge, guess you have a bunch of material now. Feel free to cut some out if you wish.

Was that last one too long? I do have a lot of story to cram in over the next few updates.

The update:

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

How is it possible that this is as close as Lycia gets to a civil war? Up your game, Nergal! Sheesh! It took one unimportant noble to nearly plunge the whole country into a war, but you can't even start more than one inter-province skirmish? Also, isn't murdering the present heir to the throne kinda...Illegal? Eh, I don't think anyone actually likes Lundgren. Can't miss out on that exp he gives.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-5.png?dl=0

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ouch...

Helllo.png?dl=0You've got this, My dude! One step at a time.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0A-ah! I'm losing my bala-ance!

Helllo.png?dl=0Oof! Caught you.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Thank you, Florina. Hm...It appears that I'm not as ready to walk as I thought. I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help out if anything happens soon.

Helllo.png?dl=0Aww... I hope you heal up soon. We'll need you. It's not much longer until we take the fight to Lundgren.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0With you around, I'm certain that we'll win!

Helllo.png?dl=0Ah! I-err-D-don't make me b-blush!

Not far away, in the same town...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-6.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-7.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-8.png?dl=0

Our boy Eliwood coming up clutch against the racist bigot marquesses! (Or at least one.) That disproves my "The soldiers are actually Kathelet's." theory, though.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=

Suuuuuuuureeee Eliwood. As a "friend". It's not like she's your primary love interest until chapter 20. And we get no Marcus because he has to remain neutral. Sad. No wonder she canonically marries Hector instead. (I mean FE7's not canon, but whatever.)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-19.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-20.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-23.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-24.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-25.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-26.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-28.png?dl=

Wait, what? That was abrupt. There wasn't even a moustashe-twirling generic saying "Uh yeah youre gonna die because yes we are all level one soldiers wih a zero in almost every stat yes." Also, by "Eagler's estate," does he mean that we're literally trespassing on his private property to get to the castle? ALSO, AREN'T WE STILL IN KHATHELET?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

It looks like it? I think Lyn was moving to the blue dot, but I'm not sure. I hope not.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-29.png?dl=

Well, here's today's starting lineup! I was considering bringing Rath instead of Erk for the extra accuracy, but decided against it owing to needing him as a backup in case Lucius dies.

THE MAP:

image.png.b8713eba2c2fb4ef0b58def1e062ad4c.png

Yes, there is only five enemies right now. I'd also like to point out that Nils cannot take damage from either sword user. He's got 68 avoid anyways. (That may have been on a forest, though. I can't remember.) The number of enemies will change really soon, but owing to ambush spawns being a thing of the past at this point, we have basically two full turns to advance forwards towards the castle, which we have to sieze. On turn three or four, the map becomes fogged up. It's best to hustle to the castle and clear the map before things get too cluttered.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-31.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-32.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-33.png?dl=

...And the boss's stats.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-34.png?dl=

He may not look like much, but he does not go down easily. He has awful weaponry, but they're both 1-2 range. (Javelin and Hand axe.) His defense allows him to tank a fair amount of damage, he is among the dodgiest enemies in Lyn mode, (Possibly more than Lundgren?) and will have a somewhat decent shot to dodge the Mani katti with a javelin equipped. Not to mention that he packs a punch. It's risky to leave Lyn in his attack range.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-35.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-36.png?dl=

First off, no, unless you have a death wish. Second off, I find it kinda funny how he dislikes being called a thief. Third, My dude's not here for the battle. But wait-We're not done with the wall of text! Or should I say, Wallace of text?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-37.png?dl=

Yada yada yada. He joins us because he believes Lyn when sh says she is the heir. Which is good, because we'd have one heck of a time taking him down if he decided to stay with Lundgren's army. Actually, Erk and Lucius could probably take him down pretty quick.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-72.png?dl=

This is Wallace. He joins with a knight's crest (which you are forced to use on him in Lyn normal or easy) which I gave to Matthew since he is the soonest to rejoin the army.

He has awesome strength, great luck and is immune to physical damage in Lyn mode, excluding Eagler and Lundgren. However, he is SLOOOOOOW which doesn't matter right now, because so are the enemies. He also, in typical knight fashion, has godawful res. However, his two crippling flaws are that he rejoins fourteen or so chapters after Lyn mode, and in only one of the maps you may get-by then, he's fallen off HARD, even as a general-almost everything should double him and he isn't going to have a good chance to hit them. And he loads on the opposite side of the map that the players are on. That, and he is a knight and therefore has less movement than everyone else. It doesn't matter what his growths are, since it is nearly impossible to get him one- he gets about 7 exp per kill. And when he rejoins, he'll be benched, dead or force-promoted from Lyn normal.

For Lyn mode, he could be really helpful, though. And now Nils isn't the tankiest on the team. I'll shut up and get to the map now.

Stuff actually happened for the first bit  of the map! I get to actually show my lack of skill!

I send Matthew north to take care of the generic soldiers who will spawn there and have him visit the village, which gives us a torch. Hooray. I send Wallace up with him in case there are issues.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-85.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-86.png?dl=

With the help of Nils's playing, Kent attacks the enemy. All right, there shouldn't be much action on enemy pha-OH MY GOD, AMBUSH SPAWNS WHAT. Yes indeed, every turn for a while, six ambush spawns occur, most of them on mountains in inconvenient locations. I actually wasn't expecting that-but they only get dangerous during the fog of war part where you don't actually know when they spawn.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-88.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-89.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-90.png?dl=

Aha! We have survived turn 1! Yes, I know I'm good.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-91.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-92.png?dl=

Also, note the two brigands. Those guys will be causing problems for a while, 'specially since they arrive every turn and are hard to hit.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-93.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-95.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-96.png?dl=

Wil lands a lucky hit! Nils plays! Lyn runs forwards! Florina charges into the woods! I don't remember why!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-97.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-98.png?dl=

Durgh...Well, fair's fair. Wil and Ban-WAIT WHAT?! THAT BRIGAND'S PART OF CAELIN'S ARMY?! Please...Please tell me that this was an oversight...Matthew impressively doesn't die after being impaled!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-100.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-103.png?dl

Lyn...Well, you'll survive a bit more and you might not get hit next time?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-105.png?dl

Much better. Thank you.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-107.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-108.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-109.png?dl

Florina, don't you start falling off already! Grow in speed, girl! You're weighed down by almost everything under the sun! Make up for it! Nice dodging, too.

And the fog is going to arrive next turn!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-113.png?dl

Matthew's in no danger if he misses. I'm doing it.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-114.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-115.png?dl

So close... This is why I brought Matthew; he started nearly at 0 exp, and after three round of combat, he's nearly earned a level. Hmm...I wonder if I'll get 5 stars in exp. 70 turns of Nils refreshing must have gotten me closer.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-116.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-117.png?dl

Sain and the bandit of dubious origin slug it out toe to toe!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-118.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-119.png?dl

Oh Florina...This is her biggest problem in my opinion. She's good for the 30 uses her slim lance gets her-other than she's got a javelin and an iron lance, the former reducing her speed by seven, (eleven weight - 4 con) and the latter by four. (Having 8 weight) She's not going to get doubled by anything, but she's not doubling much either, not to mention the eight points of evasion that are lost. It doesn't help that she's been a bit speed-screwed. And she rejoins just in time for a map that is chock-full of archers. I fear that she'll fall off by the time we get to Fiora...I just hope she survives until then.

Here comes the fog~

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-120.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-124.png?dl

Lyn heals up, Wil misses and (I think) Florina attacked but missed. Other than that, Kent, Erk, Lyn and especially Lucius charge towards the boss. Spot the mistake!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-125.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-126.png?dl

Dear me! Florina's looking a bit rough.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-129.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-130.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-132.png?dl

Pretty good so far! Looks like Wallace isn't Jeiganing much for Matthew, though. I can't believe that they give you a unit who can OHKO enemies and is immune to damage.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-133.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-134.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-135.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-136.png?dl

Well, at least Erk hit him back.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-137.png?dl

OH DEAR LORD!!! FLORINA'S AT ONE HP! WHY AM I SO DUMB?! CURSE YOU, EGO!!!!! I KNEW I WAS GETTING LULLED INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY! FLORINA, GET OUTTA THERE!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-138.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-139.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-140.png?dl

Phew...At least Florina's safe.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-142.png?dl

Wil remains locked in a duel with a brigand. Who hopefully wasn't hired by Caelin.
Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-143.png?dl

Eeeerghhh...Shaky hit rate. C'mon, Erk! You can do it!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-144.png?dl

Yes! Way to go, Erk!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-145.png?dl

No! Bad Erk!

Skip ahead two turns because nothing much happened: We make it to the boss!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-164.png?dl

Perfect! We'll have WTA for player phase. Lyn will survive enemy phase, barring a stroke of bad luck.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-165.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-166.png?dl

Ah, Eagler. The only Lyn mode enemy who is interesting, although he doesn't seem that way until later.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-170.png?dl

LYN ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SHE GOT HIT! I WAS SO SURPRISED THAT I MISSED THE SCREENSHOT! Kent goes and saves her, so at least my reset count stays at one for now.

Lucius, please fix this.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-189.png?dl

And this is precisely why I save Lucius for Eagler's fight. He's the only one who can double, the only one who can inflict double-digit damage in a round without effective damage and the only one who can be healed safely if Eagler hits him back.

Anyways, chipped away for a couple more turns, etc.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-202.png?dl

Speed would have been nice, but magic is good.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-208.png?dl

And perfect! He's weighed down by one point because he has his hand axe, which means Lyn can Mani Katti him.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-211.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-212.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-213.png?dl

So he was on our side! Urgh, we almost got a paladin to cheese the last chapter of Lyn mode with! CURSE YOU, LUNDGREN! YOU WILL BE PUNISHED FOR YOUR INABILITY TO GIVE ME A FAST WAY TO BEAT YOUR MAP! Oh, and also ruining some people's lives.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-214.png?dl

LYN! SUDBFBSHCJSKCKJSBDCZXHXFYUYIOIJXJKHVXVXGHJHSDING STOP THAT!

Before we clear, I'm letting Wil take out the last two bandits and checking out the house at the top of the map.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-220.png?dl

OH MY GOD WIL'S AT ONE HP. SERRA. HEAL HIM.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-229.png?dl

E N D    G A M E     R E A D Y

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-231.png?dl

Urgh, now Matthew's almost dead!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-233.png?dl

Yahoo! Outstanding! Exemplary! Everybody, be more like Matthew!

Oh yay, Sain's made it to the house at the top of the map!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-236.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-237.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-238.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-239.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-240.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-241.png?dl

My heart goes out to the writers: Thank you for making one interesting boss in Lyn mode. This chapter is the one good Lyn mode chapter: It introduces a mechanic without it being insanely gimmicky and there's an interesting boss. Thank you. Next chapter we have the dang rain gimmick. It couldn't last.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-246.png?dl

AAAAANNNDDDD we are done!

Let's talk more about Eagler.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-247.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-248.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-249.png?dl

Lyn, did you not hear his death quote?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-250.png?dl

Weren't we the ones who went into his estate?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-251.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-252.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-253.png?dl

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-255.png?dl

Wait, then how do we make him bite the dust?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-256.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-257.png?dl

And just in case you didn't already hate Lundgren...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-258.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-259.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-261.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-262.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-263.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-264.png?dl Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-265.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-266.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-267.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-268.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-270.png?dl

How lovely. Next chapter we get to go murder him!

...You know, I just realized that Lundgren's plan fails at multiple levels. The moment the Marquess dies, the court physician will be able to tell that he was poisoned. With that level of subtlety, you may as well publicly execute him for treason. And why does he need to die? He has no power at all! You're probably better off keeping him alive, bud.

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0Is general Eagler gonna live?

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0I don't know, but my wife is skilled in the healing arts. If anyone can save him, it's her.

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0Thank you for coming so quickly, sir Parsifal.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0It's the duty of the knights of Etruria to help all of those in need, not just Etrurians.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0...

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0The people of Caelin are wondering how Eagler fares.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0I think he'll live. He's in a deep coma and would have died if we'd arrived any later, but he is fairly stable.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0You're working wonders as always, dear!

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Don't congratulate me. He hasn't recovered yet and I may be called back to base soon.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Oh dear. Perhaps you could ask for maternity leave?

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0In the black fang, Maternity leave is also life leave. It's not happening. I do worry for that Eagler. He keeps murmuring about his daughter. I wonder what happened to her.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Oh ho!! The village is fine! And this place is lovely! Ah, if it's not the nicest spot to put a city!

UwU.png?dl=0...It looks like it's barely standing. That's not fine. But it is still here. And it is well-located.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Thank Saint Elimine, the village is intact!

Smolya.png?dl=0The village really does need our help.

UwU.png?dl=0I suppose that we should find somewhere to stay the night.

GENeric.png?dl=0Good afternoon and welcome to Arrowleaf inn! How may I help you?

UwU.png?dl=0How much does it cost per night?

GENeric.png?dl=0How much do you want to pay? Nobody every comes here because of the bandits, so it doesn't matter that much.

UwU.png?dl=0How much do you want?

GENeric.png?dl=0Hmm...15 gold per night should cover it.

UwU.png?dl=015 gold?!! You're practically giving the room away for free!

GENeric.png?dl=0I'm just happy to see new faces. Money's no object for me.

UwU.png?dl=0Very well...Four rooms, please.

GENeric.png?dl=0Absolutely!

UwU.png?dl=0When do the bandits usually arrive?

GENeric.png?dl=0Usually around six at night. That's why our town's curfew is then. Nobody who stays up after that ever comes back.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Fear not, my good man! We are here to liberate this village from the tyranny of the bandits!

GENeric.png?dl=0R-really? Wait right here! There's a couple of spellcasters in town who want to help too!

Somewhere on the outskirts of the town...

Yoink.png?dl=0...

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Well, well, well.

Yoink.png?dl=0Wh-what do you want from me now?!

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0I've just recieved word from lord Lundgren that General Eagler failed to stop Lyndis.

Yoink.png?dl=0No! Father...

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Lundgren believes that he spilled some information to Lyndis before he was defeated. I was supposed to set you free in this event, but...

Yoink.png?dl=0No! Please!

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Oh, calm down. Your father is allegedly alive, saved by a knight of Etruria.

Yoink.png?dl=0Phew...Father is still alive.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Don't get too excited. For that reason, I'm supposed to go ahead with the punishment.

Yoink.png?dl=0Nooo! Don't kill me!

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Why would I kill you? That'd be such a waste. Why, you're as shapely as they come...

Yoink.png?dl=0Heeeeeeelllppp!

DEATH COUNT: --

3 hours ago, Benice said:

...They should've given Nino HHM bonuses, then people'd use her.

Nah, I like bonuses ONLY on HM enemies, it's way more fun that way IMO. And her bases are not absolute garbage, since with a fire tome she has 10 speed, it requires 2 or 3 levels to get her doubling like fighters or something and it's neat chip damage.

I would do that, but I like using bad units and one of the cavs is always unreliable, so it's a risk.

Oh I know,  in my recent run Sain and Kent were trained and Kent was better, then I got him to level 15 but he didn't get that much strength or speed so I ended up not using him in HHM despite being promoted. Though that was mostly my fault because if I had used Kent as a promoted unit and not cared about EXP then he would have been A-ok.

I wish they'd done that. Alas, not the case.

Yeah enemies don't even get those levels in here. They stay exactly the same as in LNM as far as I'm concerned.

? Maybe?

You don't get the meme? Here: All your base are belong to us - Wikipedia your grammar was bad there so that's why I said that.

Is that so?

Yeah, with that whole "Just following orders" thing. Short history: The nazis were put on trials in nuremburg. Most soldiers' defense was "we were just following orders" to hide the fact that most of them were actually enjoying torturing the jews.

Isn't that Araphen? In Roy's FE6 supports, he says to the people he has married ending with "Why don't you got to Pherae with me? It's pretty small, but..." I know at least one of them has that sentence.

That's strange, I mean in FE6 Eliwood takes over Hector as lead marquess to organize stuff, and I'm pretty sure somewhere in FE7 we get told Pherae is the 2nd biggest city. Maybe ROy meant Pherae was small for whoever he was talking to?

I am more dumb than you ever were, as you will see...Perhaps Wallace could've done the trick.

How did I forget Wallace?

Darn it, I killed one of my two readers!

It was killing me, but now I am fine.

Was that last one too long? I do have a lot of story to cram in over the next few updates.

Nah, I think I was just too excited to reply to stuff BEFORE THE LP EVEN STARTS!!

He's got 68 avoid anyways. (That may have been on a forest, though. I can't remember.)

Yes it was on a forest. The formula for Avoid is: (AS*2)+Luck. Notice how I said AS and not speed, so weighing yourself down reduces avoid.

First off, no, unless you have a death wish.

You don't need to put him in the frontlines for his sight to be useful.

He joins with a knight's crest (which you are forced to use on him in Lyn normal or easy) which I gave to Matthew since he is the soonest to rejoin the army.

That's not how it works. NONE of the items you put on someone will come back when they rejoin. It would have been cool but they don't. So basically use it on Sain or Kent for a second Marcus or just on Wallace so his recruitment chapter could maybe not be terrible OR... OR you keep for funds. If the total money in Lyn's army is 20,000 (I think) she'll join Chapter 16 with a White Gem.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, note the two brigands. Those guys will be causing problems for a while, 'specially since they arrive every turn and are hard to hit.

I tend to always put Lyn back there to take the bandits on but maybe a better strat is for her to go to the center to fight those bandits and the cavaliers instead.

Hmm...I wonder if I'll get 5 stars in exp. 70 turns of Nils refreshing must have gotten me closer.

Yes, but in tactics? 1 star.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-145.png?dl

No! Bad Erk!

I mean speed is the best stats.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-202.png?dl

Speed would have been nice, but magic is good.

So which is it? Only speed or only damage which you prefer? Since HP and Skill are pretty much worthless. And Lucius doubles pretty well anyways.

So he was on our side! Urgh, we almost got a paladin to cheese the last chapter of Lyn mode with!

Stupid camus archetype man, I really hate their way of acting "I know you are on the right side of the war but I will not change sides and instead will stupidly die."

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-229.png?dl

E N D    G A M E     R E A D Y

>2 Magic
Fucking hell Serra. 

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-233.png?dl

Yahoo! Outstanding! Exemplary! Everybody, be more like Matthew!

I love it when Matthew gets level ups like these. So satisfying.

My heart goes out to the writers: Thank you for making one interesting boss in Lyn mode.

I still hate damn Camus archetype, though I guess it's more justified here.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Why would I kill you? That'd be such a waste. Why, you're as shapely as they come...

These recolors are killing me (again) but of laughter. Also jeez what a douchebag.

Well this time I gave you a bunch of material but because you had way more. Phew that was a long read.

Also, actually, how do you upload your photos for the FE6 succession run? I'm still looking for faster ways to upload the images, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I use google photos as a host, but I wouldn't suggest it, as if you aren't careful with your sharing options it can randomly make images die after posting. As long as you have your image host of preference you should be able to just right click copy image location on the image and ctrl+p where you want the image in the post.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

It looks like it? I think Lyn was moving to the blue dot, but I'm not sure. I hope not.

If I remember correctly it is usually going from safe blue dots to enemy red dot.

First off, no, unless you have a death wish. Second off, I find it kinda funny how he dislikes being called a thief.

I think he might have been awkwardly changing the more accurate word spy to thief.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-120.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-124.png?dl

Lyn heals up, Wil misses and (I think) Florina attacked but missed. Other than that, Kent, Erk, Lyn and especially Lucius charge towards the boss. Spot the mistake!

To be fair, before Florina moved I don't think you had vision on that archer.

LYN ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SHE GOT HIT! I WAS SO SURPRISED THAT I MISSED THE SCREENSHOT! Kent goes and saves her, so at least my reset count stays at one for now.

This is such a Lyn move. That's the old ironman ender making things spicy for you.

...You know, I just realized that Lundgren's plan fails at multiple levels. The moment the Marquess dies, the court physician will be able to tell that he was poisoned. With that level of subtlety, you may as well publicly execute him for treason. And why does he need to die? He has no power at all! You're probably better off keeping him alive, bud.

I think the reason he is using such a slow acting poison is to make it look like a disease to those looking for an official cause of death, like said court physicians. Now you may have a point about him being effectively in power, but the arrival of Lyn is filling him with irrational fears are making him act faster than he planned.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Don't get too excited. For that reason, I'm supposed to go ahead with the punishment.

Yoink.png?dl=0Nooo! Don't kill me!

Yoink.png?dl=0Heeeeeeelllppp!

... that is sounding a bit rapey there. ugh...

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/25/2020 at 6:00 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Nah, I like bonuses ONLY on HM enemies, it's way more fun that way IMO. And her bases are not absolute garbage, since with a fire tome she has 10 speed, it requires 2 or 3 levels to get her doubling like fighters or something and it's neat chip damage.

It's just so sad that nobody believes in the power of Nino.

Oh I know,  in my recent run Sain and Kent were trained and Kent was better, then I got him to level 15 but he didn't get that much strength or speed so I ended up not using him in HHM despite being promoted. Though that was mostly my fault because if I had used Kent as a promoted unit and not cared about EXP then he would have been A-ok.

It's wack how they never seem to be able to work in tandem. I'd agree though, Kent can get away with worse growths longer seeing as he starts more capable.

Yeah enemies don't even get those levels in here. They stay exactly the same as in LNM as far as I'm concerned.

Fun times.

You don't get the meme? Here: All your base are belong to us - Wikipedia your grammar was bad there so that's why I said that.

Forgive me for living under a rock that is under a mountain. I swear, I'm a 1,467 year old soul in a young body. I can barely understand a thing people in my school say.

Yeah, with that whole "Just following orders" thing. Short history: The nazis were put on trials in nuremburg. Most soldiers' defense was "we were just following orders" to hide the fact that most of them were actually enjoying torturing the jews.

Fun times. I love how cheerful history is.

That's strange, I mean in FE6 Eliwood takes over Hector as lead marquess to organize stuff, and I'm pretty sure somewhere in FE7 we get told Pherae is the 2nd biggest city. Maybe ROy meant Pherae was small for whoever he was talking to?

I dunno. I think they just needed a way for a known character to lead the new army. Plus the fact that Eliwood is an absolute beast in the trial maps, so he'd be fine against all of Bern.

How did I forget Wallace?

Because he barely exists. Considering how entertaining he is in his short time around, he's downright forgettable.

It was killing me, but now I am fine.

Ooray!

Nah, I think I was just too excited to reply to stuff BEFORE THE LP EVEN STARTS!!

Well, if you're entertained, then I'm happy!

Yes it was on a forest. The formula for Avoid is: (AS*2)+Luck. Notice how I said AS and not speed, so weighing yourself down reduces avoid.

I knew that it was too good to be true. Not that it mattered, nothing can damage him. Gah, that's depressing. A bard can snap the game in half. A blessed bard, but a bard nonetheless.

You don't need to put him in the frontlines for his sight to be useful.

I was mostly responding to the fact that he asked to be put in the lead.

That's not how it works. NONE of the items you put on someone will come back when they rejoin. It would have been cool but they don't. So basically use it on Sain or Kent for a second Marcus or just on Wallace so his recruitment chapter could maybe not be terrible OR... OR you keep for funds. If the total money in Lyn's army is 20,000 (I think) she'll join Chapter 16 with a White Gem.

Gah...Well, that was a Knight's crest down the drain. Not that anyone aside from Wallace could use it. I doubt that my funds reached 20,000, but we'll see. Maybe.

I tend to always put Lyn back there to take the bandits on but maybe a better strat is for her to go to the center to fight those bandits and the cavaliers instead.

That would have been a good idea. I put her there a little, but certainly not enough.

Yes, but in tactics? 1 star.

With me around, an LTC run might end up with 2 stars in tactics. Maybe. If I was lucky.

I mean speed is the best stats.

For most people, yes, but considering how often Erk gets magic screwed for me, I dislike it when Erk doesn't put up at least three stats.

So which is it? Only speed or only damage which you prefer? Since HP and Skill are pretty much worthless. And Lucius doubles pretty well anyways.

Lucius is unlikely to see use outside of Lyn mode for me, actually. I find the tight deployment on the dread isle requires me to leave him behind. In Lyn mode, I like to use him as my bosskiller; he'll double Lundgren anyways, so the damage, accuracy and potential survivability are welcomed. In the long run though, you are indeed right.

Stupid camus archetype man, I really hate their way of acting "I know you are on the right side of the war but I will not change sides and instead will stupidly die."

Eagler's different; he doesn't want to really be fighting us but is (presumably) fighting to protecc someone.

>2 Magic
Fucking hell Serra. 

E   N   D      G   A   M   E      R   E   A   D   Y

I love it when Matthew gets level ups like these. So satisfying.

Absolutely! The more survivability he has, the longer that he's likely to be deployed and not die!

I still hate damn Camus archetype, though I guess it's more justified here.

Eagler is a good boss by Lyn mode's standards, at least.

These recolors are killing me (again) but of laughter. Also jeez what a douchebag.
This is what happens when a child with a fine motor disability decides to make 9,468, 268 OCs in an LP. And yay, I nailed the scumbag's character!
Well this time I gave you a bunch of material but because you had way more. Phew that was a long read.

Indeed. It will get longer later on.

On 4/26/2020 at 5:00 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I use google photos as a host, but I wouldn't suggest it, as if you aren't careful with your sharing options it can randomly make images die after posting. As long as you have your image host of preference you should be able to just right click copy image location on the image and ctrl+p where you want the image in the post.

Thank you so much! I'll never have to go through my dropbox links and change all of the www.dropbox.com to dl.dropboxusercontent.com again! Dang, I'm getting pretty fast at typing the replacement link part.

Oh man, that saves so much time! Thank you!

If I remember correctly it is usually going from safe blue dots to enemy red dot.

Thank goodness. That would have been a massive Gaffe.

I think he might have been awkwardly changing the more accurate word spy to thief.

I still find it funny.

To be fair, before Florina moved I don't think you had vision on that archer.

Sadly, I both knew that the archer was there and that Florina was going to be in his range. But we can pretend that I'm decent at this, right?

This is such a Lyn move. That's the old ironman ender making things spicy for you.

Good thing I have a few maps with a decent lord unit or two! Please, Eliwood...Be able to damage the generic enemies this time...

I think the reason he is using such a slow acting poison is to make it look like a disease to those looking for an official cause of death, like said court physicians. Now you may have a point about him being effectively in power, but the arrival of Lyn is filling him with irrational fears are making him act faster than he planned.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure the doctor would know that it was poison anyways. Ah well, maybe it was something subtle.

... that is sounding a bit rapey there. ugh...

Too cringe-y? Whoopsie.

The downdate:

Spoiler

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Yes, Ladies and gentlemen, we have made it to our final chapter in Lyn mode! Sadly, this will be another short update from a gameplay perspective because Ch. 10 returns to the Lyn mode abbyss of boring. Seriously, in terms of gameplay, they did everything possible to make this map anticlimatic.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Woo! I'm pumped! The story's finally gotten momentum! Let's go crush Lundgren!

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Good evening. I suppose that you are the ones who would like to help this village?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5We'd like to help, if that's at all possible.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Who are you?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5My name is Canas. I'm a scholar, though I have some knowledge of the elder magics.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5I'm Lauris. I can use anima magic with some proficiency, if I do say so myself.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5And I'm Hugh! My mom and dad are teaching me how to use magic! I'll fight!

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Not this time, Hugh. These people that we'll be fighting are dangerous.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Awww...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Don't you need someone to watch Hugh? Should you even be fighting when you have a young child?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Do not worry. Hugh has memorized the health and safety guidelines of every country on Elibe.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2What?! But he's only...Why, he must be barely three!

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5You are correct. My mother was not happy with me about that topic.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2And understandably!

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Indeed. My mother had me reading the university surgical health textbooks when I was his age. She wanted my son here to have at least read Sankapoftz's dissertation on sociology. Alas, perhaps next year.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2...

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Will you allow us to help you? As long as my husband and I are near each other, nobody can stand against us!

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5You promise that you'll fall back if you get hurt?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5You have my word.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Mine also.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5All right.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Please make any preparations necessary to fight at your best, then meet us at the hotel.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Very well! We shall see you in a few moments.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Farewell for now.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2...Sir Glass, I like it here.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Oh? What makes you say that?

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Well, I know we've spoken a little about wanting to build a life together, far away from our troubled pasts. Perhaps...Perhaps this is where we are supposed to be. Perhaps this is the destination of our journey. If we survive this fight, nobody will care what you have done in the past. They'll just be grateful that we saved them.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5This would be a nice, peaceful place to start building a family. Finally...A life of peace is not far away. All we have is one last mountain to overcome.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2All we have to do is keep moving forwards. We will get there soon.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Yes we will. One last challenge...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2As long as we are together, we can accomplish anything.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Let's end this.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2My dude, are you feeling better today?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Yes, I'm up and walking! How about you? I heard that you had a close brush with danger.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Ah, well... I'm fine now...But I wasn't worried.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5What?! Why not?

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2I thought about your strategies in combat, so I knew what to do! It was all part of the plan, sort of like that strategy you used back in our first battle together.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5The battle that almost got you killed?!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2I know you always do your best to protect us. That's why I felt so confident in that battle! I wasn't in any real danger.

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Gah! Florina, that was a mistake on my part in that first battle! Please, be a little more careful on the battlefield!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2But-

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5You-you're too important to me to let you die! If anything happens to you, I don't know if I can carry on...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2You care that much about me?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5Yeah...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2All right. But I'll still keep you safe with all of my strength!

THE MAP:

Cm_fe07_10.png

This map, as I said above, must have been designed to be anticlimatic; the story is finally moving forward and I legitimately feel excited coming into this chapter every time- however, several things bog it down:

1. The enemies are terrible as usual
  2. the forests at the beginning slow you down a lot
  3. Lundgren is far too powerful
  4. The rain.

The rain occurs every few turns, and it reduces everyone's movement by a  lot- traversing the map takes a looooooooooong time.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

We can deploy everyone! I'm not going to because Dorcas will just be a liability...Actually, I'm bored. Let's train Dorcas. He is probably the best person to take out Lundgren aside from Lucius since Lundgren has two lances and he only loses on AS from a 15 weight hammer.

Seriously, why'd they make Lundgren the anti-Lyn? They have an awesome battle conversation and it's satisfying to take him out with Lyn! Alas, not happening without lots of setup and a trusty save state. They should've given him a hand axe and a silver axe just for the fans so Lyn stands a fighting chance against him.

Lundgren is a beast. Powerful, accurate enough, bulky as hecc. Not a big threat unless you do something dumb or he lands a critical, though. Or you are Lyn, because he can and will OHKO her with his silver lance. In other words, it's Lucius time. Once we get to Lndgren in twelve centuries.

Annnnndd....It's Lyn mode, so nothing at all happened! The highlights:

Back to regular bard land, I guess.

Finally got speed! Great level all-around.

Florina picked up an energy ring from the village! She is now Stronker than Sain!

Wil's an archer. Skill would be nice for the Kishuna chapter, but strength and speed is about all they need.

...I don't know how to feel about this level.

...I don't know how to feel about this level, but I think it's good.

Precisely why I brought Dorcas! He's the only one who can do this much damage-without a crit, Lucius won't deal that much! However, the 50% hit rate's not so good.

And...56 attacks later...Because Lucius missed once every single time for many turns...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

WHY DID I USE DORCAS?! Well, he can't say I didn't try.

It took 42 turns, but we did it!

Seriously, it took me seven turns to get to the house on the right side-top of the map, right near where we start. Urgh...This map was super anticlimatic. But let's get to the story!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

Now look what you've done. You've made Lyn use her sad portrait.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

Okay then, that's an...Interesting sound...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

...This carries on for a little bit longer, so I'll just skip to the next important part.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

And there we go! There's some more talking done between Lyn and some of our units, but nothing that the ending won't cover. Sadly, the endings are scrolling so I may have missed some stuff.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2My dude, thank you for everything you've done for us.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2No problem!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2You're going to go far as a tactician-and I've seen you at work! For helping me get to Caelin, you have been dubbed an honorary knight of Lycia.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Thank you! Err-I mean, thank you, Lady Lyndis. I will wear this badge with pride.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Y-you're leaving, right?

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Yes. I'm planning to head off to Ostia now.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2*Sniff* I'm going to miss you! Pl-please, stay safe!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2I will. I promise that I'll come back soon.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Really and truly?!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Of course. I can't leave my friends behind!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Oh, thank you so much!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2OOF! Florina, don't hug me so tight! M-my ribs!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2I'm not going to let go of you yet...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2(Should I tell her? I...I've gotta say something!) ... Uh... All right, I'll try to say it...*Inhales*Fl-florina...I...I...I love you.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Oh! I-me too! I love you too!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Really?

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Yes! I-oh, I'm so very happy!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Phew! I was really nervous about that. Florina, I promise that I'll return to Caelin as soon as possible. Until then, I'll write to you often...Then I'll settle down here in Caelin.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2That sounds lovely. I'll be waiting for you!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2I love you...See you soon...

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Ahh! The trail to Ostia lies ahead! I'll just drop off the parcel my mum asked me to then head back to Caelin! Then I'll be back in Florina's arms! And the best part is, I don't have to run everywhere!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2You there!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Hm?

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2You have a medal that says you are a knight of Lycia!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Well, technically yes, bu-

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2There's been a small riot in Pherae and we need some more knights to help!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2But-

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2No ifs or buts, get going, recruit! And hustle! We need to be there by morning!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Aurghhh! That's a twenty four kilometer route!

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2Hurry it up!

Kent was an entirely solid unit- I have no complaints about him. He had solid, consistent growths and I hope that he'll maintain those growths throughout Hector mode. And I hope he survives.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2

Sain...His growths were rather shaky throughout, but I won't say no to eleven strength.

Florina by all rights should have died in chapter three; she got lucky and dodged and proceeded to become quite capable-she struggled with being weighed down by things not called slim lances and the axefest that is early Lyn mode, but ten strength before getting the energy ring is outstanding, especially for a pegasus knight; twelve strength is almost overkill. If she doesn't want to fall off, she's going to need to pick up some more speed.

Despite me planning to bench him, Wil saw the second-most amount of combat in my team, second only to Florina-most of them in the last chapter where he was chipping for Dorcas. His growths were all right, and he did his job well as a chip god. If he had joined at level one rather than level three, he'd be much better off; we'll see if I keep him on my team. I want his supports with Rebecca, though.

Speak of the devil, here's Dorcas! He didn't do anything at all for us until the last chapter, where he was actually quite helpful in finishing Lundgren, being the only one capable of dealing over 10 damage in a round; training him was quite difficult, but a lot of enemies had lances so his hit rates weren't too shabby. Unlikely to see use in Hector mode. Also of note, he caused Lyn to die, so he dealt the crushing blow for both sides of the war. (Even though another bandit finished the job for Dorcas to kill Lyn.)

E    N    D    G    A   M   E        R     E    A    D    Y

She was a healer and was important-ish. Her growths were awful and her healing capabilities are quite low.

I look forward to training her farther in Hector mode; I'm not giving up yet! I'm getting every level possible out of her before she dies!

Erk was meh. I'm not planning to use him. He was sorta helpful at times.

(This is Rath, by the way.) He was undeniably better than Wil in every way, tying or beating him in every stat while they were both at level seven until Wil pulled ahead in the strength race-Rath had a horse and more movement in the rain than my other units. Needless to say, I didn't want to use him because he was good. He was an excellent delete button when I needed him, though. Sadly, he rejoins so late into Hector mode that he's unlikely to be used, but I do enjoy using under leveled units.

Matthew had one excellent level and some very meh ones. We'll see how he does in Hector mode, but his thief utility is invaluable.

Oh Nils, you were so blessed! Highlight of my run in terms of entertainment value. Sadly, when he rejoins, nine defense isn't quite as impressive. However, it will serve Ninian well. Outstanding for a bard.

Lucius makes Lyn mode's last two bosses manageable. His levels were fine and he did his job perfectly. He may be my MVP. He may see use in Hector mode!

(This is Wallace.)

The four battles, four battles won indicates exactly how good Wallace is during Lyn mode-I regret not giving him the knight's crest seeing as it is now lost eternally, (Matthew must have sold it to get something for Leila! For shame!) but eh, he's not going to be used unless HHM is truly disastrous. Wallace, with an AS of 5, could double the soldiers we encountered in chapter 9. Food for thought.

My dude promises to write often and says that he'll return soon to settle down with Florina. Sadly for him, a wrench was thrown into his plans.

p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2p.png?size=256x256&size_mode=2N: Perhaps she is thinking of the plains of Sacae, far away over the mountains.

Lyn...Those two losses hurt. She was all right, I guess. Her early levels were excellent, but the rest were mediocre at best. She may well be a liability in Hector mode, but I have to use her.

Well, Lyn mode was...Boring. But now, at long last we- Wait-WHAT?! THE STORY WILL NOW BE FOLLOWING ELIWOOD?! NO!!! ARGHHHH!!!! I downloaded the patch that makes every mode available! I know for a fact because this was Lyn hard! Wait-

...I was playing on a different rom than the one I had downloaded the patch onto, but the save file was for LHM...

Well, this gives me a chance to give Glass' gang a proper wrap-up! I'll re-play through Lyn mode again as fast as possible then will edit all of the characters to have the same bases that they would have had otherwise! This may take a little while.

Stay healthy, guys! Thanks for reading my intro part of the LP!

Feedback and stuff is welcomed because I've never really done anything like this before!

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Benice Uh oh, at least from my perspective the images are dead...

Zoinks, it works for me. Urgh...I'll try to fix that.

There is two images down here: Can you see either of them? One of them is a Marcus on the right, the other is on the left.

l.png?dl=0

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I can only see the right Marcus...

All right, that is good to know. Give me a moment here, I'll try to figure it out; If not, I'll PM you the update with the way that I uploaded the right Marcus.

EDIT: @Eltosian Kadath, I'll assume that you won't be able to see this image, but I'll try anyways.

If not, back to my old method or something. Does the photo below load?

0Rb8Hhe.png

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Hello72207 said:

yeah, the photo of lyn talking to Natalie loads for me, and the rest appear to load the same as Kadath says, so it should work

Ight, I have learned my lesson! I cannot use the "Copy image location" thing on dropbox.  But I have figured out how to embed photos with Imgur!

I'll try to get this to work again. I apologize for goofing this up.