Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

My dude saga, chapter 15: Things are Heathing up!

Also, Ruben, you've been asking for me to splice a new portrait, so I finally did it. It's really bad, but I did it. I apologize to anyone with eyes, because the next update may hurt.

Now give me all of your money!

The Reeeee plies:

Spoiler
On 6/19/2020 at 12:26 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well this is Elibian poison, so she should be fine...

I mean, you're not wrong.

As much sense as this makes in the gameplay, seeing this logic here seems kinda silly. I mean look at them, the tiny Priscilla trying to lug that heavily armored titan...

Naw, Jaffar cornered Lyn, if you fight now its gameover for sure, as she will disintegrate when he blinks.

Clearly all of Ephidel's teleportation was creative uses of the Rescue staff by Nergal.

Yes, that must be it!

...😢

I am sorry, little one.

That's more than a chip, its straight up a kill.

He was supposed to chip down the wyvern rider but I accidentally killed the peg instead.

This is HHM, the fliers just keep, and they don't stop coming...honestly the number of maps they added flier to is kinda ridiculous.

GREAT! Well, at least there aren't any more flier + poison + fog maps, right?

...Yep, but that is frighteningly low health. Hopefully you have enough vulneraries/elixirs to keep this army going.

Nope! Not at that point I didn't, at least. I do now. I think I spent over 12 k last chapter on vulneraries, door keys and swords.

Very smart move.

Well yes, but actually no.

...Jeez, that is a hard loss. You are getting close to the point where the game starts throwing excellent prepromotes at you, and at this rate you are probably going to need them.

Finally!

There is a trick to abusing the arenas in this game. Ninians grace works in the arena, and there is a bit of a programing oversight that makes the status effect counter not tick down when a unit is captured, so you can Ninians Grace up a unit to make it nearly invincible, send it into the arena, rescue and hold it. Next turn you find some way to drop them (and heal if necessary) dance to send them into the arena again, and rescue them before the turn ends. You can repeat this process almost indefinitely...

Ninis' grace does carry into the arena? Huh, didn't do Eliwood any good at all. But that is a great trick that I'll have to remember if there's another arena.

...Those are some extremely dangerous maneuvers, but I am guessing you are trying for the alternate chapter 24. How close are your lords to the combined 50+ level threshold for the alternate chapter 24?

Sorta; I just want to actually try to use Lyn. But Linus' 24 gives me Geitz, and as much as I like using bad units, I need good ones.

And I think that Eliwood's level 13 or 14, Hector's level 20 and Lyn's 12. Meaning that Eliwood and Lyn both need to reach level 15, I think.

And I think that I'll do both if possible; you said that there's alternate dialogue if Hector kills Lllloyd, right?

On 6/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, Hello72207 said:

But Fargus gives you one near the end.

0 guiding rings tho. I need the master seal for Canas.

Not as hard as HHM, but it offers some challenge.

Okay.

He is slow, and that hurts him a lot.

Snaileye doesn't have the same ring to it, though.

One round? Don't give her too much credit. Lyn gets one shot.

Much bettor.

NO NOT HELEN

I maybe shouldn't kill off characters in the side story...

No, he wouldn't. Jaffar, if he was a paladin, would be top tier, just because his bases are so good. Class is the only thing holding him down.

He's good? I don't recall him standing out at all in my ENM run. And he wouldn't get HM bonuses, right? He appears as a green unit in Battle Before Dawn, I think.

Has Wolt and Wendy come to save the day?

Oh wait, wrong game.

How I wish that this was FE6/

274?cb=20120417132842Here you go. Fix your problems.

Sad triforce bird noises intensify.

Oof.

I dunno, last I checked, he died.

Just a man with the Wil to survive.

Do you know the difference between chip and kill? I guess not.

I math gud.

I wouldn't know, she could get a crit.

Still...

For almost no gold.

I need it to afford the arena, man! I went all the way down to 65 dollars!

applause intensifies.

Thank you, thank you! I know I'm amazing!

image.jpeg.04f6785abed5ad4978a8796fb6b9a629.jpeg

Arena abuse is perfectly legal!

On 6/19/2020 at 1:47 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

pls wait for me to write the next part

Ouch.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:44 PM, Pengaius said:

Fe4 in a nutshell, just moving amirite. 

Honestly, my biggest problem is that the game expects you to use Sigurd to get all of the side objectives. I want to use the not best units in the game, but if I want to save innocent villages, I need Sigurd!

That must make you stark Raven mad. 

Urk...

Alas  poor Helen all the exp she got in that one map has been wasted dammit

EXP THIEF 0/10 HELEN IS A BAD UNIT

On 6/19/2020 at 3:18 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Really? Man like sure big maps but I always liked how it plays into the worldbuilding, there's only 10 maps and there's still stuff happening around everywhere. I guess it's just not for you 😢

Definitely not for me.

Reveal hidden contents

I can see WHY people like FE4. I just really don't like it.

😢

Reveal hidden contents

PLEASE NO! Chapter 4 and Verdane's theme are the only acceptable FE4 pieces!

You're wrong! Chapter 8's theme and the thracian army is so much fun to listen to! Well ok fine.

I haven't even gotten that far yet! I'm only chapter 4! Chapter 4's theme reminds me of gym class.

I was so excited but then I was cuckblocked... cog of destiny man... I need to try it again sometime but right now I don't want to.

I fear for my Cog of Destiny run. I remembered it being really easy in ENM, though.

Then again, apparently Genesis is evil in HHM despite being insanely easy in ENM.

IMO, Wil at base should have 8 str and 6 spd and Rebecca should have 5 str and 9 speed. That way Rebecca would double way earlier and Wil would do much more damage.

At the very least, yeah!

Ignore them, if your weapons were so soon to break you should have avoided them. Maybe only kill a few enough for a level for those that almost get it.

I had to go straight through them to get to the boss, though. I was trying to push through them to get to Darin quickly.

Tier one enemies? Sure. Though those can be killed by pretty much anyone. His promotion is good it's just that maybe not enough for the limited deployment slots. This is Eliwood we are talking about right? Anyways, you're thinking of chapter 26. That one gives you your first heaven seal.

No, I was talking about Canas. I have the speedy Eliwood, so he'll prolly be fine to double most things. If he gets a bit more strength, he could actually become insane.

Well that ruins the mood. Still i find talking entertaining. And you've been playing for like a year so who cares. I've been doing it for 2 and still don't beat FE7 HHM. Here's the thing, Mekkah, Mangs and the rest are pros and FE7 is really easy for them while for us it's an adequate challenge. If you ever feel you aren't making any progress go play FE6 HM or FE12 lunatic for a while and you will basically be boosting your growth. For a bit though.
Oh yeah, FE6 HM's really helped me out. I'm doing a practice run in the earlygame so I don't get clapped and lose everyone like this one.
That's how I beat Battle Before Dawn.

Nice. Hopefully I'll do ok on it.

Uh yes he is a self-insert. And no one can be as fugly as gheb so 😛

A self-insert would be far worse at flirting.

Reveal hidden contents

Naw, I actually had decent-ish luck. Nobody who was really important died. It sucks that Kent died, but it's not like I have enough knight's crests to go around, right?

I guess that's true.

Even though his late promotion is going to make him not very good, Canas dying would have broken me inside.

This thing is incredibly tame lol.

It's among the most terrifying things I've ever witnessed.

...Although mostly because it's sort of an inside joke.

Lol.

Derric the Chad vs. Jerrot the Virgin.

Oh hi Lash from Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Lash | Advance Wars By Web Wiki | Fandom

Why u Lashing out at me like that? I didn't do anything to deserve this Flak. You're going to make me (m)Adder than I've ever been before!

Mega F for Priscilla. Don't do anything stupid to hook her up with Dart tho. I now leave Dart's body (maybe he'll get good levels now?)

Do not fear! I would never ship Dart with a dead waifu when he can always marry Farina!

No because plot and drama.

I mean...

oh crap you're right! LOOOOOOL

So I didn't misremember!

Someone watched mekkah's plinkett series lol.

That's the one where he talked in the really deep voice, right?

I actually haven't seen most of it yet; this scene, among others that happen soon, are ones that stick out to me as terrible; IMO this arc is where the story falls apart; all of the chapters become filler and there's weird events that aren't properly explained.

"But you didn't do anything
"tuxedo mask my work job here is done but you didn't do anything ...

Exactly. Only Ephidel gets eaten instead of leaving.

Eliwood moment.
Tsk! I can't believe that this is happening! It seems like Darkest Dungeon was correct: Eliwood is a slow and insdious killer.
Btw, why or how? Didn't the damn thing get half of itself or more through? Obviously it would die due to blood loss if it lost a huge chunk of it's body coming thru but why crumble?!

Dragons are baked goods?

Yeah I think even me on my 1st playthrough I thought of that. or that at least he would survive... omg and the stupidity isn't done yet.

What do you think of FE8's plot, actually? I'm not unbiased towards it, but it sounds like you are.

Aw... man... this sucks bruh. Wait why didn't Renault use a restore staff? Or like why didn't Serra do sth to ensure this would work? Omg...

This WILL be explained later!

...Much later!

But it will happen! I have a plan!

10 speed will double some wyverns with steel lances iirc. Anyways 17 str is quite good. I wish his promo gave him +3 speed like Rebecca's gives her +3 Strength.

That would really have helped, I guess. 10 speed is alright.

Better than my Eli already. What is it with you and insane luck? (well I can't complain, I have a spd blessed heath with near capped strength and i gave him a speedwings. EPIC!)

I like how I came into this LP as the bad luck guy and am leaving it as the Mangs-tier luck guy.

But muh high res growth11! Honestly did the devs ever put him against a mage? I think it would have actually been interesting if he had like 5 defense and 5 resistance, would give him some usability.

Perhaps it would have.

It makes the game better. I would love to have Rebecca one-shot pegasi (though her base strength is insufficient whatd o you know!)

Rebeqqah is a good oonit.

In HM he's ridiculous because of his bonuses but in Eliwood mode he's good because everything there sucks ass. I think he's a good unit in both tbh.

Well, no 1-2 range until promotion zuccs, especially in ENM.

Well it's not too OP. 7 str is lower than a Steel Sword lmaoooooooo (iirc)

8 might is nuttin' to scoff at. Good crit, low weight and effectiveness against cavs and armors makes it really good.

Because they didn't playtest this chapter and thought it would be interesting. Truth be told, only a few enemies need to have it and it would be much more enjoyable. Maybe only the first few enemies so you start poisoned and then recover from it by around the end of the map.

I guess so. I find Poison as a whole to be annoying, though.  And Fog of War too. Have I ranted about it yet? Oh well, it looks like I'm getting Lloyd's Four-Fanged offense, so I'll have plenty more time do rant if I haven't yet.

You better not, the light rune is quite helpful on the next chapter.

at5dT4t.png

Too late, mate.

And Res. I wish he had more res because in the endgame he takes so much damage from mages (which btw, starting from Cog of Destiny, there's a million of those asshats)

Gr8. I love mage spam with a lord who is (usually) slow and has nonexistant res.

This map sucks more the longer you play it because reinforcements start coming in. They would be good... if they came from behind to be honest.

I needed to stay for the arena. Believe me, I would have beaten the chapter in as few turns as possible if I didn't.

I bless you! (not that it does much) with my luck! The next 3 levels on canas will all feature either 3 points of speed or magic. I'll sprinkle a defense one in there too.

Nice.

The extra bulk helps but man, FE7 promotions are so dissapointing. 2 strength is fine for you but for most players it isn't enough. And her speed is average for Florina right now I guess.

I love FE6 promotions and they are the sort of things I'd wished FE7 hadn't changed: They can totally turn units around. If Florina's strength screwed or even average, the +2 from promotion ain't doing much. Pretty sure that +5 to HP is ludicrous by FE7 standards too. (IIRC, Warriors get +8 to hp from promotion in FE6. Among other bonkers gains.)

This type of stuff bothers me too.

Me? Or FoW?

you should really stop saying that

I really should. It never goes right.

I remember he moved though maybe I'm wrong.

He did indeed move! I'm really glad I didn't charge with Eliwood.

Ooooh boy, nice!

At long last...

B-but muh dodgetank!!1! Also why is she only level 12? Don't you want to get Linus' version of Four-Fanged Offense?

She is at level 12 because 6 strength and no defense or res means ded. Remember all of the resets she caused in Priscilla's death chapter?

oh Heath better be promoted. He's perhaps my 2nd favorite unit ever, behind Rebecca.

Oh golly...I don't recall Heath being any good at all, actually. Even his growths weren't very good as far as I remember.

Aww that's kinda sad.

Will Derricc ever recieve the attention he deserves?!

Find out in the next season of "Weird fanfic!"

Nino's replies*

On 6/20/2020 at 8:03 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

I mean, Serra's better hounding Matthew or Erk anyway.

Thank goodness.

One of the things I like about Shadow Dragon. Even if everyone dies... you have replacement units. Not that I've actually ever seen those generic ones. But it makes me feel a lot more confident knowing they exist in the event I'm a colossal screw-up.

If/when I ironman FE11, I'm definitely gonna be seeing lots of them. I really do like that mechanic, though. It makes it feel like you're in an army somewhat.

I did specify "western release" games. I'm pretty sure that excludes Binding Blade. To my irritation.

Whoops. I always forget that Roy was in smash but didn't get into NA with his game.

Relatively speaking? Not near HHM. It's got less deployment slots and lowers exp gain. It might increase an enemy stat here or there... I'm not totally sure. This means the enemies are substantially less difficult than HHM, the formations are still Eliwood mode based, and there's less status staves. The decreased exp gain helps to emphasize bases>growths, as growth units take longer to come into their own. Iron manning it adds a bit more challenge... because you have to be particularly careful on certain chapters as the losses from one death are effectively cumulative. You've seen this in your own run, where characters you lose on one map lead to more dying on others.
Contrast this with LHM, and you realize Lyn Hard Mode just removes scripted battles (the crit on Batta the Beast, Sain's first miss, Dorcas' first crit) and the forced moves in tutorial segments. It adds nothing to the actual difficulty. It just takes away the hand-holding, and consequently allows you to do things that make the game easier (promoting Sain instead of Wallace for instance).

Imagine making good decisions and promoting Sain in Lyn mode.

And thanks for the info! It's very helpful.

People often think that assasins are good. The mistake they're making is assuming Jaffar is a typical assassin.

Does he get HM bonuses? 'Cause he'd be totally absolutely bonkers if so.

I mean... depends if he procs lethality. Then again if everyone two-ranged him...

Wil doing something right?!

Well... that was unexpected. I mean... it kind of fits with the chaos through-out this LP though. You never know someone's gonna live.

Perhaps axing Helen was a mistake.

A miserable little pile of mt?

Axurrate.

Well... not directly.

C'mon! They're never burning through 39 HP with just poison!

Wait... aren't Pegasus knights typically better than Lords? I mean except maybe in Radiant Dawn. Possibly Echoes... where they got nerfed from Gaiden.

Well yeah, but doing that much more damage is kinda sad.

This chapter. Fog of war... fliers, poison. It's a recipe to piss people off. Should have taken that anti-toxin.

I had no idea that I would have needed it. I should have known something was up with Butterman suggesting an antitoxin!

I just realized your Florina has the same speed and defense as my Caeda. But is better everywhere else. Most significantly the 13 hp, 12 strength and 7 res (not that that one's changing in Shadow Dragon). The one luck and 5 skill will be easier to bridge. That said, if we factor promotion, Caeda will get 4 HP, 4 strength and 5 defense (at the cost of three res). Wonder how she'll stack up then, given she won't have that chance till chapter 10 (and needs to level another three times anyway). Mind, knowing she's won defense and lost res. She will likely win speed and luck. Skill could go either way. I'd guess she'll lose on HP and strength. Either way, we've both had early game fliers serve as major factors in our success.

And is only 16 levels ahead or so!

And of course Caeda's amazing; she's a reincarnation of Florina!

Wait a second... was Wil really your best option for dancing there? I mean, Hector one rounds that wyvern, barely takes damage, and has a high hit rate. Then again it worked, and you got four people exp instead of three. So maybe it was a brighter tactic.

Nope, but he needed to run away so he wouldn't die.

All this time expecting him to die from killing one foe too many in enemy phase. Then he dies to flier spam. Ironic a Raven would fall because of wings. Also RIP hero crests. But how's this going to affect the chapter decision on the (Bartre/Dorcas/Raven/Guy levels) vs (Erk/Luscius/Serra/Priscilla) levels? I mean if I recall they don't count towards it if dead. But they're all dead. My theory is it should take you to Kenneth's version of chapter 23, because I believe the game prioritizes it in case of a tie. But I'm not certain.

Kenneth's?! Nooo! Not Kenneth! Both maps suck, but Ken's is worse!

And IIRC it's harder to get Harken.

And wow, it's sad that I killed off all of the hero crest and guiding ring users.
At least you don't need that hero's crest anymore.

Free money.

So there's nothing you'll be buying between now and then? For sure?

Fearn't, my good man. I got to 20,000, then went back and bought a ton more stuff then went back to go to 20,000 again; I should be good to go and I'd assume that I will get more money in some way to be able to afford Farina.

Unless she's only 20,000 with the Silver card and is 40,000 without it, in which case I'm screwed. Then again... Unless both Fiora and Heath die, I can't actually use her since both Fiora and Heath were requested to be used. Too bad, 'cause I was really looking forward to using Farina. Man, I really screwed up by missing both thieves.

As much as I've made fun of my Marth at least he's.... equal to your Lyn in strength. Though she's a lot faster.

Bruh.

Plus she doesn't need promoting. So you might get some use out of that.

Oh, absolutely! This game sure don't give you many unpromoted options, but you sure as hecc get amazing prepromotes!

I can't afford to lose Isadora because then I'll also lose Harken, though.

Does nobody canonically die at this stage? Except Kent? And Lowen. And Guy? And Matthew. And Lucius. And Helen. And Dorcas. Know what... never mind.
Just seems like more people end up in this side-plot than dead now.

Huh. Wow. I really did resurrect too many for the side plot. I just felt like yet another depressing death would be waay too much for one update.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

To quote Boxer the horse: "Eltosian is always right."

Would you believe Wrys?
MA7Xshky_o.png
Wrys the chad vs. Lena the virgin

Yeah. I mean, I'm quite partial to the old Golden Axe games... especially the one that's a Zelda knock-off, so seeing Gillius on one of those chickenlegs (that's the thing's name) is normal. Apart from the 3D

You know what franchise that Gillius is from? I just know it because I had a racing game called Sonic and all-stars racing transformed, and that he was an old guy who drove what looked like a giant squash.

Man, that was a great game. The glitches only made it better.

On 6/20/2020 at 12:19 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

This goes to @Benice too, but EHM doesn't change deployment slots or reduces exp gain iirc. It gives hard mode bonuses but only to promoted enemies, while HHM does give them to Normal enemies and another boost to HHM enemies from EHM but I don't think so. Some more status staves are probably there too.

But we haven't seen any status staves yet! Oh no... There'd better not be status staff spam in the lategame. I don't have any staffbots to protecc everyone else with!

But enough talk, have at you! *hand axe misses*

What, is this FE6?

He had 2 HP and was poisoned, so moving him back to heal was better.

I am posess sizeable cranium!

I didn't know it was from a GOlden Axe games, I've played them before and they're a hella fun.

I feel weird for bringing this coversation up considering I don't know what game he was from.

Nino's replies*

On 6/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, twilitfalchion said:

I like how you've been tying characters from FE6 into the fanfic parts of your LP.

All part of the plan!

Hm, an Erk x Priscilla shipper. I see you're a man of culture as well.

Nah man, I'm a fan of Darin x Priscilla

TBH I like Guy x Priscilla more, but he was kind of unrecruited...

Hector being the brains instead of the brawn for once.

I mean, there's actually not a lot of competition. Lyn doesn't get many lines and Eliwood...

Or die ridiculously in a stupid way to unpromoted units in Battle Before Dawn.

Urrrrrgghhhh! Please, don't remind me of that map! Jaffar always dies on turn seven or earlier for me!

Because video game logic. Nonsense makes total sense for the sake of the story.

Seems legit.

You. You...

giphy.gif

"yay", he said sarcastically

It was at this moment that Benice knew he had messed up.

The love you have for your waifu has made her strong.

Of course. How could I ever doubt Florina?

Or maybe it was the energy ring and angelic robe.

PREPOSTEROUS! HOW DARE YOU INSINUATE THAT SHE'D HAVE TWO LESS STRENGTH AND SEVEN LESS HP WITHOUT THOSE STAT BOOSTERS!

He most likely Wil not survive the rest of HHM.

You're not wrong... But I don't think anyone except for Florina will.

Florina_6960.jpgFinally! N-now I can r-really p-prove myself to my h-husbando Benice!

Girl, you did that long ago.

1ee.gif

How I feel.

Man, my Lyn must've gotten strength-blessed in my playthrough. I was up to 9 str by level 8 or 9 IIRC. Hecking RNG.

I think that Lyn and Florina share a strength growth at 40, actually. Only Florina's procced it ten times in sixteen levels and Lyn's procced hers twice in eleven levels. I think that makes Florina about 4 points of strength blessed.

120px-Portrait_kellam_fe13.pngGet used to it, buddy.

Kellam is Derricc confirmed.

Other than the disappointment at seeing Helen die, this was another great update. Looking forward to the next one!

Thank you!

I'll try not to make you wait twelve years for the next one...

On 6/21/2020 at 6:58 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

You know, this is exactly why I hesitate to try out FE4. FE4 can have all the story it wants, but what I want first and foremost is a fun and reasonably challenging game to play. I already struggled to get through Radiant Dawn. I cannot imagine I'd get any enjoyment out of the mess that is FE4.

Hey man, lots of people actually like the gameplay. It don't hurt to try! I think that FE4's a good game that doesn't work for me.

What is a Sonia? I only know Carla.

What is a Carla? I only know a swordmaster whose husbando I killed in the earlygame!

Still kinda amazed that I got two LPs out of one soldier and bad RNG rolls.

Sid is worthy of many LPs!

Dere he is!

I owe all of my views to Derricc.

I like how this dude is doing absolutely nothing right now.

He's the Jagen! He falls off! Even he knows that!

That horse is going to suffocate under all the heavy armor.

Leave Derricc alone! There's nothing wrong with a few donuts!

Hah! Yeah, it totally is! FE7 never fails to amuse me.

I mean, it technically works; why bother have two CGs of a dragon leaving the gate? I do understand this one.

Ah, yes, Ephidel. What a villain. The most he accomplished was killing an old guy. Wait, no, scratch that, that dude lived long enough to spill the beans to Eliwood. He couldn't even kill an old fart hard enough to keep him from revealing critical information. How.

Ephidel 4 villain o' the year!

Interestingly enough, he's one of two main villains that I cannot connect to anybody in TRS. Ephidel is entirely IntSys's creation. So there's that.

Sad. I do think that FE7's other story problems could be solved if they hadn't totally dropped the ball for the antagonists; Jaffar and Nino are really good, but everyone else is quite bad in general.

Honestly though, this is one thing that I genuinely enjoy about FE7. Most FE dads just die instantly and nobody gives a damn. The entire first arc of the game is spent looking for Elbert, and he's given a fair bit of screentime and heroic moments, so when he finally perishes, it feels legitimately tragic.

Oh, absolutely. It did really well in that regard.

I do wish that we got disclosure as to why he actually joined the rebellion in the first place, though.

Oh fuck, you actually killed someone off. Wasn't even Marlowe, either. I was completely wrong. Tell me, did you intend to kill Marlowe off but changed your plans when I predicted it?

Was killing off Helen a bad move?

Actually, I've been planning to off Helen since about midway through Lyn mode. Marlowe was totally safe!

Hahahahah... that looks like a knight's statsheet! You know, except for the defense. Still, could be worse. Big hits might help to counter the pitiful x2 multiplier for effective damage.

Urgh. He'll be situationally good...And if I get a speedwing or two, he'll be amazing. I mean, not many other people really need the speedwings, right? I guess Canas could really benefit from 'em, actually.

Oh my goodness... you better do some shopping today.

I'm set for life! Until Farina makes me poor again.

This is the saddest thing I've witnessed since my own FE6 LP. Heck, what am I even saying? At least I always had healers in that one...

Good thing I have Florina and Hector! I do still have quite a few passable units aside from them too. Having no healers sucks, but I think things are going better for me than they did for you. I mean, I haven't lost the equivalent to Treck and Echidna yet!

Honestly, at this point he's looking rather solid. His defense could use some work, but other than that... I think he's earning that promotion of his.

Finally starting to get better! He's got a pretty good promotion too, I think!

Florina is better than literally everyone on your team, including the recently promoted Wil, and yet you bash Eliwood alone for it?

They were the ones both attacking that one monk, okay?

x2 just doesn't make any sense. Bows are supposed to be the one thing that keep fliers from being better than infantry and cavalry in every single way. If they don't take good damage from them, then what's the point of using anyone else?

If there is one good thing about it, it's that hammers are actually better than armorslayers in this game due to their high might still amounting to thicc damage. But I definitely prefer x3. That said, I don't blame them for doing so: They changed a lot of things from FE6 in that vein; 15 crit bonus instead of 30 comes to mind first.

Maybe you're just underestimating the monks? This is the second time you let them nearly kill someone.

Maybe I am...

Oh yeah, Eliwood is so bad, isn't he?

Oy... The problem with Eliwood is that he's so close to being effective! He's almost strong enough to do big damage or almost fast enough to be a good dodgetank and double... Lyn's just not close.

But he does have a good promotion!

You're going to overestimate her power and she's going to die, calling it now.

Heavens forbid...

Enough that his future worries me.

No kidding. Still, from the sounds of it, a super res-based tank is useful for the lategame...Why did my god Canas have to be in ENM?! Why?! Why can't he hit his speed, magic, defense and resistance caps now?

...Well. So much for that.

That luck right there may have saved his life!

No speed, though... that's terrible, especially when she needs a ton of it to counter her pitiful con--

Wait, what am I saying? This is FE7. The enemies are slowpokes. This will suffice.

The +1 to Con is effectively +1 to speed, though. Plus, I think I remember where the body ring is in the desert map, so she'll have a...Well, less awful con.

Your luck continues to astonish me.

Why? Poison can only deal three damage per turn, right?

...aaaand we're fucked.

This one hurt. It hurt a lot. Raven's been amazing the whole game!

Derrick will use his Derrick powers to resuscitate Raven. May the Derrick be with us all.

Derricc is actually the lord of sacred stones; Deirricca.

There is hope yet.

A very small one, but yes.

Florina would give Limstella the fight of her life. Especially when her signature weapon, fimvulveternverlavert (sorry I cannot spell that tome's name), weights her down a ton.

Fimbulvetr is quite the mouthful. And that is quite true; it's possible that with an iron sword, Florina could double Limstella.

You know, I do like FE6 where tomes don't weigh that much; the heaviest non-siege anima tome is around four or five weight; a book really shouldn't weigh...Isn't it 12 in this game?

You're the hero of two stories now. Who cares if your name doesn't go down in history?

But then we won't know the great deeds of the Derricc!

Frankly, I cannot blame him at this point. I mean, after that one string of losses, I needed to keep Raigh alive in FE6 because otherwise I would've been too pissed off to continue playing.

I just didn't want to kill off three people in one update, actually. Would have been too depressing. Raven's not really relevant to the side plot.

The date in the direction of up:

Spoiler

KXORLhY.pngfgG5eJO.png

At least one sibling got brains.

wW3tG21.pngTdiYno3.png

"MOOOOOOOOOM, DON'T HUG ME, LYN IS WATCHING!!1!"

...And wait, they don't meet Uther until after the chapter.

lJcDwOT.png

"Ketchup or Mayo? Bah! This kind of thinking hurts my head!"

rPBpqzQ.pngMDaoqCG.png

YZjGuMk.png

Ke80FFk.pngOwrQMXu.pngRIk5d1e.png

GeWB2jR.pngRoOScby.pngmzXeKvC.pngIIXkLFi.pngrIG9tHa.pngX2OhjuN.pngPPUK0rU.png23NLCIL.pngGcmhxQq.png

*Ursula says something that I missed*

zINmFlz.pngHAm6X1r.pngIdqwfbQ.png1DpyNRN.pngaF3gjHs.png6XbOKz4.png

czyqA53.png

Neither of them look too pleased about this.

UjsfZVh.pngpOihCMW.pngWynvNB9.png

"Hee hee, I am blatantly undermining the operations and am evil!"

u120KSB.pngTiIPnn1.png

H4KLg1Q.pngv3NU72D.png1dcQmuZ.png0SdzmT2.png

759Fzoo.pnggmlEznx.pngrGgRZRV.pngdnOiwX7.png8AZD5Ym.png

Sheesh, even Sonia is fed up with their foolishness.

vpzTcPY.pngIatf5T3.pngMj54HDf.png

jK8ZMUb.pngXNVLNxT.pnga6joGmA.pngTb1vGmO.png

0jrdZAJ.png9D42q26.pngMyWu7mg.png

IGJed5l.png... It's time. I will not fail. I cannot fail.

Sw5JJPK.pngzh0KSCf.pngk0GpHSb.pngr6zRXui.pngGX37vpo.pngcRKzZZi.pngE39fLpJ.pngMpKZBSI.pngF69vlGe.pngCU0MG5Y.png

Nice! Looks like we'll be able to relax, maybe head to a nice restaurant...

PiodHk8.png0LWEDvX.pngucADJ8y.pngE9LerS3.png7EBK20D.pngw6KnXau.pngO0ZnYjZ.png

DANGIT, NO! I'M SO BAD THAT I LOST MY DANCER BEFORE THE MAP STARTED!

bIWAG5T.pngbqfUZ1e.pnganoNet9.pngSeTgGIt.pngWltgYw9.png6CcoKO0.pngI0r1ych.png

Why not? Seriously, is this ever explained?

P5ompbh.pngdHligiP.png1ArDL1m.png04SUMJq.pngxti4Zbi.pngEINhMmH.png1kZmWh0.pngJXabcHE.pngjFxb3lO.png

3bJbthW.pngnWiBT4a.png

Oh boy, it's Heath! This is gonna be interesting...

Defense chapter!

E3rLZRS.pngpSSScA4.png

You can't tell because of the bad screenshot, but Eubans drops that Knight crest upon defeat; I've got eleven turns to make it to him. He's pretty tough and starts in the corner of the map, but Hector or Florina (Or Raven is he weren't dead) could make mincemeat out of him.

Yw4Ip1d.png

I get to deploy Sain today! Maybe he'll get a few good levels? This chapter shouldn't be TOO tough, and all that matters is that

1. Florina does not die
  2. I get the knight's crest.

I refuse to move forwards without that knight's crest!

UZ26Pup.pngbdKav2l.pngvzhoPQz.pngPgP9fgH.png

Uh...Nobody tell Wil that everyone from Lyndis' legion but Sain is dead.

ZcZEsMh.pngLemq4ON.png

Isadora has ambushed us! I can't change her starting equipment, which is too bad because I want her to use iron weapons. She's got pretty good bases, I think somewhat decent growths and is a balanced prepromote-sorta like FE6 Marcus only not as important. I'm definitely going to use her! She can't die or I lose Harken, so I'll have to be careful with her.

Actually, she's sort of like Florina but inferior in every single stat bar con and defense. By one point. Still, a mini-Florina is welcomed!

9Kwaukz.pngb6SIqai.png

Let's give this angelic robe to Fiora. Maybe I should have saved it for Heath, but I don't trust myself to keep Fiora alive with her 25 HP. Besides, she's gonna be fairly tanky if/when she promotes unless she stops growing defense.

QYteaJx.pngEkVogZJ.png

An Axereaver? Weird.

O2CdXD2.pngJKsf61l.png

Hah! One damage! WITH AN ARMORSLAYER! This is...Wow.

dcpJ28q.png8FvXN2k.pngrDtXVNN.png

We one-round their armor knights, they one-round the green armor knights.

0djwCG4.pngkhhcd7J.pngH9dc93z.png

Does every enemy have a reaver? I'm gonna forget that one of these days...

L5ze2Ke.png

Dere goes da waol.

ST8c1xC.pngv4mBHTm.pngJrZRr2p.png6r08Skx.png4bn7HGg.pngZL6DISd.pngaC8s4wj.png

Oh right, we get Rath!

UIpwggt.png

Rath is an interesting unit. I'm pretty sure that he's basically the good parts of Rebecca but with a horse and good promotion; however, at this point in the game his stats are quite bad. Nobody ever uses him. Well, you can call me nobody, 'cause I'm doing this!

You know, I really wish that Snipers got a crit bonus like swordmasters. It'd give them some kind of advantage over Nomads and...Well...Archers. Snipers are literally archers.

2pQhz9Z.png

And before I can forget, this is Heath. I...Legitimately don't like him as a unit; I love growth units who are bad, but I find that Heath's growths aren't even that good and that he's sorta like Bors-He's bad, but not fun to use. Still, maybe HHM bonuses will make him better? I have to use him, so I'll have some shuffling to do with the one remaining Elysian whip with three candidates; I really really want to use Farina, but both Fiora and Heath have been requested and I'd feel bad not using either. 12 defense is nice, though.

e7dOQfi.png58abQBM.pngUDuznKi.png

This is quite the spot. And fantastic! Two flashbangs in a row!

zlfhBrx.png

Isadora's pretty dodgy and will have WTA on most of these guys; I think that she'll be able to tank the wyvern if we can't get rid of him.

ePdzY0s.pngow85hZX.png

Nice.

heV9ONo.png

Let's get some kills for Lyn, shall we?

ak0QUI7.pngKnLS070.pngHNBZnGg.png

Thank goodness for the Mani Katti!

mopwXtf.pngNRNjMwy.pngic

Some good chip damage there.

oi2NwAv.pngzA7H7in.png

Begone, Nomad! Your class killed Wade a lot in chapter 4!

xiqDys9.png

I don't want this guy to steal my exp.

1ZfFemI.pnguRwtK3G.pnggtbf1Zu.png

Okay, Nobody should die...

dSAfA88.png

I'm gonna send Florina to the left side of the map all alone. Heath is right there and will prolly attack her, but she can't one round the generic, so Heath should be fine.

LhPx0l0.png5qy8cWy.png

Good.

Pg1Dh9A.pngzcpxoZq.png

Oh snap! Too bad Florina doesn't have one more point of strength.

GfeP4fY.png

Heath, get away from my waifu!

T1T3zrc.pngeXoyGHT.png

Oh geez, Heath won't survive next turn if I don't recruit him!

s6jhYoL.pngMjTeExL.pngXeFT7SL.png

Oh right, every enemy has a reaver!

Oh right, ever enemy has a reaver...

Oh right, I gave Isadora a sword for the WTA on the fighters, but she'll have WTD... I think she'll still dodge, though.

Zgt0ZmT.pngxsdiqmM.png

Tsk tsk, Oswin! Can't double armor knights anymore?

Bs36FFI.png

Hitting Isadora makes her...

dcgWk0z.pngUteQ3Fx.png

ANGRISADORA! That crit is a good start for her!

C0qA0Pf.pngemt4Q0J.pngBc77Se9.pngfxJJnwT.png

Hitting Isadora twice makes her a Deadsadora. That was fast...

And I can't recruit Harken anymore! Fantastic! Looks like we're getting Karel this run! Urgh... Not only is he in a worse class with worse bases, he also don't get the HHM bonuses that Harken gets. Man, this bites. I'm so sorry, Isadora...

YX3ugbu.pngbJbvth8.pngl9giPtI.png5J2QY9E.pngfgwDFUR.png0wLw308.pngpnOO06g.png

Other than Isadora, that wasn't an awful enemy phase...

Well, to console myself, the weapon triangle is only +15 hit and Isadora's short spear tanks her avoid by 12, so she'd only have three more points of avoid with it. Still, that was so dumb! Why do I never learn?!

Ozquib1.png40A8YGg.pngpw8oVgF.pngfLcGG5N.pngwxjOBfT.png

EXP POLICE! EXP POLICE! GREEN UNITS STEALING KILLS!

OxA9ncH.png

I think that Lyn recruits Harken, so I've got a plan...

gpvxnCI.pngQv369yK.png

And dance our way to Heath!

wSk29gg.pngiduyP7V.png

I dunno man, you didn't seem to hesitate to huck a javelin at Florina...

tkuzk4s.pngBM6gT3X.png5pUspAw.png3qnWXXf.png

yF6t7SK.pngeLlN9Gc.pngcShazrI.pngh4m2Qqr.png

We rip through the enemies in quick succession.

Until...

ECtexBt.png

Dangit, Heath.

gOSQDAx.pngKE2cvu0.png

Thank you, Sain! You may be useful yet.

U28FTz2.png1BfxuOW.png

Nice.

Orj4W7X.png

Let's toast everyone else with Florina.

yBvFN02.pngYUqBlSF.png

Uh-oh...

mSJUq7b.pngEXcDRdS.png

Oof... This chapter has been a bit of a disaster thus far...

6BWhFP2.png

A brave axe! And that thief drops his item! I should have tried to take his lockpick, but oh well. I'll let him open the other chest just in case there's something really good there. Like a guiding ring.

Annnnnd if I don't recruit Rath this turn, he may die.

8tvAmdi.png

There we go.

P7fFszU.png

Wh-what?! Eliwood can actually kill something?!

dHAmrJl.pngcZD9et8.pngWAwMf2t.png

Een1nPt.pngWGJvqzk.png

Heath, really?

Using him is gonna be interesting, isn't it...

6vQhw2A.png

Fiora, show him how it's done!

uajyCft.png

Yeah!

lqiGDLk.pngnNGbfSU.png

I now see why nobody uses Rath.

3QpUwDC.pngaLf0f6y.png

yYYFfve.pngfxlf60W.png

These enemies are great for Dart!

TtG2Adz.png

An enemy without a reaver! This poor lad didn't get the memo, evidently.

OXyhzG6.png

Nice going, Dart!

0ZlEyoU.png

That one percent crit... it always seems bigger on enemies!

syMOdF1.pngTLmzwQL.png

I don't have anything to say about this.

unJvska.png6Lkpqj8.png

Nobody stands a chance against Florina!

yrU98RI.png

Agh! More low crit chances on Dart!

SlirOkR.pngsXOVWut.png2HsOKwb.png

This right here is how to take a dynamic screenshot, kids. Take note.

fAyHFOi.png

It's okay! I had this alllllll planned out. I am not losing another unit today!

0EbWEuI.png

Too bad, not a promotion item. Oh well, Brave axe it is! Too bad that Dart will likely get doubled by most enemies with it...

kYASnpC.pngHJ5df83.png0OAFdzp.png

This Rath's unit merc is an absolute champ!

KtU2CN2.png2F2Jr8B.pngV35o0OG.png

Time to get an axe. Seeing Florina one-shot this thief...I feel blessed to be dating such a woman...

0ZRU3SR.png9LiSUnI.png

Canas may be slow, but he sure is amazing at eliminating these armor knights!

zEoKY5f.png

Why is there so many low chance crits right now?!

LJCkiWL.pngmAoIDQL.pngbiPrFqq.pngcNfhAG6.png

I know this was a bad idea, but c'mon! It was exact damage for Rath! He wasn't gonna die!

nWqL074.png

Dart might not die in one hit now. Yay.

DRnGf5v.png

Man, what a unit.

qUC4KcP.pngIRLspvA.pngBqKnhkL.pngmRjOMom.png

Wil efficiently removes one of the last two threats in the front of the map.

nzkFOHy.pngJQCIAlH.pngMdF9wlD.pngJGcWzrE.png

While Hector takes care of the other.

ANGNU0Z.pngqT41JjW.png

You tried to harm my future sister-in-law! You will paaaaaaayyyyy!

zvoT90B.png

45DbQgW.png

There goes the sister stabber.

vrMoLC5.pngbXVaC9f.pngrP9Nn0f.png85mNjc4.pngzfpGBGr.png7bQQbe3.pngI21fteO.pnglc74Ey9.pngHwYWORR.pngV48KEb3.png

Hah! Aside from losing Isadora and Sain, I'd say today's battle was pretty handily won. It's turn seven and the enemies are nearly all toasted!

Still, Florina is getting a little low on health, so I'm gettin' her out of there.

L8TMzPf.pngYUn1aIp.png

Begone!

LtWQBDm.pngZnXFs3l.png

Heath tanks this pretty well, actually. Nice work!

qEkJAK9.pngNVdxQDQ.png

Nearly done on that side! I could send Fiora over there to speed things up, but at the moment there's no reason to take such a risk.

Jj6Slin.pnge6iHR5g.png1COlFZG.pngGB5NZiW.png

Nice! Eliwood's supports are really helping, actually! Pretty sure that Lyn adds to his attack power and Hector adds to defense and crit.

SBqDCZ5.pngsXixnNV.png

But Lyn really needs that help. Wow. She's less dodgy than Eliwood. And also takes five more points of damage? But they have the same defense!

M1ypIwH.pngGHnOZJe.png

Uh-oh. This is a problem. I need 700 exp from the next chapter and Pent takes it all, so I have to Ninian it, but she can only get around 300 points...

JMK5nOp.pngvXU6zGD.png

Nice work, Rath.

4BPPgU1.png0yJNadU.png

Ohohoho, level! Time for Nino's blessing to kick in!

kaAauDM.png

CANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!

3ITWNRm.png1ZfVnkC.pngeSmWDA0.pngU9yx1gD.pngFysmHhN.png7UGNLyY.pngU6Kr2YG.pngnHzk7i9.png

This merc! What a god!

gIEcb1A.pngcX6yRGP.png

Not quite Florina-tier, though.

RDI4uGR.png

The merc still lives!!

DvgMpKH.png

Eliwood's become quite decent with some help. Hopefully his promotion gets him some defense and strength!

U6BmHVv.pngVPQpjsr.png9kBSrVi.png

qOUZu2A.pngWpRpaYQ.png

Wil at least can do some decent chip damage. I wish I'd been able to use Rebecca instead...

a2uDZ8I.png

With this chip, it will be a perfect kill for Heath!

gV58bRe.png

...Or he can just crit.

wElzkqc.png

Nice! Rath, the level eight nomad, is as fast as Wil, the level 17/1 sniper.

But Wil does have 9 points of strength. And also an A rank in bows compared to Rath's C.

9Leqi3A.pngonvZhSe.png

Heath takes out this scrub.

iD3Hg80.pngQO9muj4.png

Oswin eliminates this guy so he can't kill Heath...

nMUmbUa.pngEr4hyDV.png7zqLqUf.pngQ1XcWx6.png

And Canas makes me sad.

sL2L15Z.pngodL7OUX.pngy1nvECm.pngtGchcBE.pnguYVArfz.png

Our budget axe bros go to work!

DbzI9eJ.png

Not terrible. The luck is actually pretty nice.

8kQf7qO.pngnfCE7Nt.png

Nice.

XGz4BhS.png

Wait, how did that wyvern reach Fiora?!

Oooohhh...There's a corridor there... I didn't see that...

jt51rd6.pngTVi53sc.png

This is bad. This is baaaad!

SxfAz0I.png

DAMMIT! NO! FIORA, DON'T CRIT! THAT OPENS THE SPOT FOR ANOTHER WYVERN!!

DRDxdoa.png

It's fine. I had this planned out. But Fiora...

5SuzmiT.pngcx2mGxB.png

Dart taking some punches to the face!

Player phase once more!

Oookkaaayy...Why didn't the wyvern go after Fiora?

m4FB5RR.pngkuPxEh5.png

Not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth!

I want to get the Eliwood/Lyn A-support this map! Clear the enemies!

LB7J0ee.png

Eliwood, that ain't clearing the way.

3NU7uLS.pnggg95v0Y.pngnSI9jid.png

I stand corrected!

qrto5AW.png

This looks like a Benice-certified safe kill!

r40MX7m.pngQ7abnMM.png

For someone else!

X6ZJhzZ.pngDsQSTc0.png

Next turn I could head for the boss, but I don't see why I should risk Florina's life for just one level. The archers there PROBABLY won't be able to hit her, but not worth it. And neither Hector nor Oswin get any exp from killing the boss.

67qIvrN.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! YES! MORE STRENGTH! MORRREEEE!

SylQmSP.png71m6JlZ.pngsAyirk7.png

IUJvgkL.png

Nice, the EliLyn A-support!

GiUMu2o.png

Nice.

eWIH5Tx.pngQRI54fN.png

Why not? Free exp is welcomed.

dA1EhBh.png

This poor fool tries to use Wil's technique on Oswin. It doesn't work.

ywhe7Pi.pngBkYVL2d.png

These enemies really can't do much.

cUkBZ1f.png

Hmm...

LsLhqrl.pngF5CmCRx.png

Nomads are more annoying. Toasted!

CRbBau7.png

Yeah, this should work.

5cqynwL.pngiFCLXKp.pngFVwOQdC.pngoNYj6Al.pngx9j36Tx.png

Rath is a good unit. All he needs is to attack four times with effective damage!

Ti6Paxn.png

Lyn needs a level! That support with Eliwood brings a nice crit bonus to the table.

1ZYclX1.pngJrR7d7D.pngat0nRfV.png

Very well done.

IUgxw48.pngxLAa4xl.pngT5HMKWO.png

Nice! With full support bonuses, Eliwood's pretty dangerous!

9M9HLNR.png7VLNlds.pngLtwPlBN.png

I may have dissed Eliwood a bit too hard.

AYUZnaC.png

Ouch.

78DtG4I.pngfI45Cx4.png

Make way, scrubs!

VsXZdE1.png

Good god, Dart.

PkC7Q0P.pngzz2Nidt.png

Kill for Heath?

4vXDD7n.png

Kill for Heath.

qY6h1GZ.pngcv3qtM5.png

Hype! Let's see the unit everyone loves!

H9ybUnT.png

2yc6UJ9.pngXX9U34p.pnghQTCRzv.pnggkLCozC.png

Great job, Florina.

E1EOwrt.png

Gotta chip this down for Lyn! He probably won't hit twice.

EriY3mx.pngwUsMNsF.png

Good!

VYSlw1X.pngfIlCtpA.pngpK3IBXs.png

It's a Lyn level! Will she get the fabled Strength level?

Hgm3ctP.png

...My theory is that Lyn's strength growth utilizes 4RN, thus making her displayed 40% growth much lower.

Wow, turn 11 already? You know, losing Isadora and Sain sucks, but neither are particularly good. Besides, I can't really deploy either of 'em next map. This didn't go TOO badly.

The only problem is that Sain went down with a lot of stuff. A javelin, three swords and a vulnerary.

ka3vZfn.pngnoNIOCa.png

And with not much else to do, let's finish off all of the lords' supports with the Hector-Lyn B support. Looks like Hector is gonna be single for the duration of the war!

CXJfvPu.pngJR8vhCs.png

With many supports at her back, Lyn can one-round a mage! Wow, 19 crit with an iron sword. With a shortbow, she'd actually have a decent passive crit!

kqLgNhG.pngFrYrKnX.png

One more kill for Heath, and that's a wrap!

j3T1lkV.pngelRfqKR.pngwWr1srP.pngOpRrePA.pngi62mZOg.png

Not too bad today, not too bad.

bO7U3MM.pnguEqL9Ch.png

*Info dump that I'm pretty sure everyone here knows already*

fnyW2J8.png2maSlLZ.png

I agree, Hector! Desert maps must be avoided at all costs! Afa's drops aren't worth it!

IRxs3xc.pngAAG896q.png

Dangit, Eliwood.

5WCSgTL.pngeEdnIPK.pnggJxNM5O.pngb7EfTIH.pngE0rORJj.pngKYP7YId.pngWYlHDNh.pngLH5eRb9.pngUVSgrXY.pngepXVgjr.png

C'mon, Hector! Even you have to see that he's really sick and that he's literally implying that he's dying!

vvMKwef.pnguBaih9m.pngpO0aDFS.png8RhbaXC.pngLq0HS9k.png4Uw083l.pngHx9QHTZ.pngCT3qBOD.pngBBcUKfS.pngQuBXWxX.pngEKSZRmD.png

High levels of salt from Hector there.

You know, that was a really fun map! Had good music, good difficulty and cool recruits!

Well, that's all for this update! Next time, we'll be stomping through the desert, looking to find some items and 700 points of experience! But I fear not too much, for we have General Oswin and Florina on our side! Hope you all fare well and have a great week!

Oh wait.

I didn't kill the boss, did I?

Urgh. URGH! UUUURGHGHHGHG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHH!  I MISSED THE KNIGHT'S CREST! I HAD TWO OBJECTIVES IN THE MAP AND I COULDN'T DO BOTH! WHY?! WHY AM I SO DUMB?!

Well.

I messed up.

Next time, we'll be hunting for exp and be bringing an unpromoted Oswin to endgame! Golly!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x1

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

h99pFBl.pngAhhh! That was a lovely bath! I feel so refreshed from my long day!

NLE0iiW.pngO H  G R E A T  S T.  E L I M I N E,  I  H A V E  D O N E  Y O U R  B I D D I N G. . . W I L L  Y O U  M A R R Y  M E.  .  .

h99pFBl.pngHee hee! Excellent! I shall permit you to remove your garbage bag and have a day off. Best of all, I will even pay for our wedding!

NLE0iiW.pngT H A N K  Y O U  F O R  Y O U R  G R A C I O U S N E S S,  D E A R...

syrblxs.png Huh? Why am I back in this cloudy room?

h99pFBl.pngIs that anything to say to your fiancee?

syrblxs.pngFiancee? Did I have too much to drink last night?

h99pFBl.pngYou should be more thankful! Now go, enjoy your free day off! I have goddess stuff to be doing! The door is that way! The library is five minutes away!

syrblxs.pngVery well. Fiancee, hm? When did that happen? Hoo...My life just got interesting.

h99pFBl.pngOh orb of great wisdom, show me the location of Helen! ... No, no no! That's a coffin! Helen! I said Helen! ... Stop showing me this coffin! Oh... What's that written on it? "Here lies Helen. Lived for others, died for others. Loved and remembered by all." Uh... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRKK! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT! YOU MESSED UP! Hmm...I suppose that I can barter with Haydees to bring her back to life...Ugh! This is SO annoying!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
35 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ouch.

I just said this because you said the parts would come out quicker.

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

I haven't even gotten that far yet! I'm only chapter 4! Chapter 4's theme reminds me of gym class.

I found Silesse's theme to be the most boring. That's probably just me though. I have to wonder why it sounds so arabic though, not like a chilly place at all imo.

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

I fear for my Cog of Destiny run. I remembered it being really easy in ENM, though.

Then again, apparently Genesis is evil in HHM despite being insanely easy in ENM.

Anything is easy on ENM dude. Even Battle Before Dawn because enemies are so weak and there's nothing in your way + Ursula is in a weaker position (debatable) in ENM. Anyways, CoD doesn't employ as many status staves and those stupidly fast Valkyries in ENM. But in HHM there's only magic enemies in that map.

Genesis uses more status staves and Kishuna moves around. He can also dissappear whenever which is so annoying. I skipped the map, I never wanted to play it... iirc I skipped it that is.

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, I was talking about Canas. I have the speedy Eliwood, so he'll prolly be fine to double most things. If he gets a bit more strength, he could actually become insane.

Ahhh Canas! Well the Earth Seal is in chapter 24 but if you go Lloyd's version then that map is kinda hard unless you 2 turn it or something. Don't even bother with Wallace.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice. Hopefully I'll do ok on it.

You're gonna edit it aren't you? I mean taking Jaffar out of the equation just removes RNG frustration. But not having to defend Zephiel is another thing entirely.

47 minutes ago, Benice said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Naw, I actually had decent-ish luck. Nobody who was really important died. It sucks that Kent died, but it's not like I have enough knight's crests to go around, right?

I guess that's true.

Even though his late promotion is going to make him not very good, Canas dying would have broken me inside.

Hey this idea is genius, you spoilering things to make it clearer what I'm replying to. Amazing, since I've struggled with these problems a bit.

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why u Lashing out at me like that? I didn't do anything to deserve this Flak. You're going to make me (m)Adder than I've ever been before!

Holy hell you do know what AW is. Noice. On the topic, Adder has my favorite Black Hole CO theme, followed by Hawke and then Lash, then Sturm and finally Flak's.

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

That's the one where he talked in the really deep voice, right?

I actually haven't seen most of it yet; this scene, among others that happen soon, are ones that stick out to me as terrible; IMO this arc is where the story falls apart; all of the chapters become filler and there's weird events that aren't properly explained.

Yeah that's the deep voice series. With like 2 high-pitch chapters. I understand teh frustration for those but not for the deep voice ones. If you like it you should watch the actual plinkett reviews by RedLetterMedia, specifically his first one ( I think) on The Phantom Menace, even if you know nothing about Star Wars it is absolutely hilarious and Mekkah took many quotes and jokes from that series.

And yes this scene is idiotic, I hate it when FE games have too many filler chapters because then the devs go like "humm..... however will we make it so the player doesn't level up too much?//1? oh of kors, we give him laik no expirence at OLL! ugh... oh and yeah story bab... that's the least of my concerns...

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dragons are baked goods?

You're telling me Eliwood will make Ninian into a double creampie why do I say these things?

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

What do you think of FE8's plot, actually? I'm not unbiased towards it, but it sounds like you are.

Hmm... well I think it is decent. It doesn't have as many plotholes iirc though I haven't examined the story, I might one day. I like it and I know people say "but Eirika!!" and yeah she was dumb there which is the entire point.

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

This WILL be explained later!

...Much later!

But it will happen! I have a plan!

You better not forget to explain it like FE7 does. Ruben almost pulled one of these on me the other day.

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Rebeqqah is a good oonit.

But nobody playtested this game.

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, no 1-2 range until promotion zuccs, especially in ENM.

Sure but you have other 1-2 ranged units that do in fact kill everything in ENM. In HHM you don't and it makes using him a bit harder but still, it's 5 levels. iirc, I insta promoted him.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

at5dT4t.png

Too late, mate.

Well then. Even better would be "What did it cost" "I gained X gold"

1 hour ago, Benice said:

She is at level 12 because 6 strength and no defense or res means ded. Remember all of the resets she caused in Priscilla's death chapter?

I mean there's an arena there to grind her with.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Oh golly...I don't recall Heath being any good at all, actually. Even his growths weren't very good as far as I remember.

Well that's sad. He has 9 speed in HM and 40% growth. Also a base 13 strength with 60% iirc so I wouldn't say he's bad. He can use an Iron Lance against swordreaver fighters and get a few levels.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I0r1ych.png

No because this game wanted a defense map. However, if someone is injured and got out of a fatal car-crash for example then it's like really important that you do not move them. You want to pick them up very gently, in a unilateral form.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Heh, I never knew he said this because I've never used him. God, what a terrible unit.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

She can't die or I lose Harken, so I'll have to be careful

Eliwood and Lowen can recruit him too. Maybe Marcus and Hector as well but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

QYteaJx.pngEkVogZJ.png

An Axereaver? Weird.

Almost every non-boss melee enemy, if not all, in this map have reaver weapons. Which means that if you abuse the weapon triangle well then certain units *cough* Heath *cough* are near invincible.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

UIpwggt.png

Rath is an interesting unit. I'm pretty sure that he's basically the good parts of Rebecca but with a horse and good promotion; however, at this point in the game his stats are quite bad. Nobody ever uses him. Well, you can call me nobody, 'cause I'm doing this!

If you don't play Lyn Mode Rath actually joins at level 9 with better bases and B rank in bows, so he can immediately use the brave bow. If you did play Lyn Mode then he's somewhat underwhelming for longer, but his speed will carry him decently.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

2pQhz9Z.png

And before I can forget, this is Heath. I...Legitimately don't like him as a unit; I love growth units who are bad, but I find that Heath's growths aren't even that good and that he's sorta like Bors-He's bad, but not fun to use. Still, maybe HHM bonuses will make him better? I have to use him, so I'll have some shuffling to do with the one remaining Elysian whip with three candidates; I really really want to use Farina, but both Fiora and Heath have been requested and I'd feel bad not using either. 12 defense is nice, though.

>Enemies weighed down by reaver weapons in his joining map.
>32 HP and 12 Def. Bulk.
>10 skill, hits reliably combined with 7 luck for extra oomph.
>13 strength and 9 speed.

Ok fine I'm being biased, what are his disadvantages?
>Level 7
>2 Res
>Only +1 Con when promoted
Level 7 means he levels fast unlike everyone else at this point that gets like 15 exp per kill. 2 Res can be circumvented by using his high move to escape from mages or tabking the hits anyways because of his 32 HP. And only one con when promoted doesn't matter much. He still will double with Iron Weapons, but if you want him to be OP you give him the body ring and steel lances.

Anyways if Heath doesn't get good feel free to bench him and play however you want.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

oi2NwAv.pngzA7H7in.png

Begone, Nomad! Your class killed Wade a lot in chapter 4!

Lot you mean? Hehehehe.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

xiqDys9.png

Using him as a living shield is really beneficial though. If at least for a bit I guess.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

C0qA0Pf.pngemt4Q0J.pngBc77Se9.pngfxJJnwT.png

And I can't recruit Harken anymore! Fantastic! Looks like we're getting Karel this run! Urgh... Not only is he in a worse class with worse bases, he also don't get the HHM bonuses that Harken gets. Man, this bites. I'm so sorry, Isadora...

Jesus Christ so quickly? *sigh* And i already explained how you can recruit Harken. It's a pain to do so on Kenneth's map but Karel is shit anyways. Oh yeah and for Kenneth's map, see every FE resource says you shouldn't kill more than 2 promoted enemies but the truth is you can only kill one. So focus on the purge bishop and rush north. Don't even try to get to the southern door. If this is Jerme's map, well IDK.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, to console myself, the weapon triangle is only +15 hit and Isadora's short spear tanks her avoid by 12, so she'd only have three more points of avoid with it. Still, that was so dumb! Why do I never learn?!

Well, to unconsole you, the reaver weapons double the bonuses and disadvantages. So she would have faced... 0% hit. You could have also brough an Iron Lance for her, then she would have been awesome and dodging.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

wSk29gg.pngiduyP7V.png

Heath: ... Well she... um... nearly killed the other wyvern riders which is uncharacteristic for a Pegasus Knight, actually I rushed to try to hit them and only saw a glimpse of what I thought was white Paladin armor... oops.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

ECtexBt.png

Dangit, Heath.

*sigh* Damn it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

yBvFN02.pngYUqBlSF.png

Uh-oh...

mSJUq7b.pngEXcDRdS.png

Bruh that was my 3rd favorite unit! I mean... *sigh* why not use a sword though? Not only would he not get weighed down, he wouldn't double the Wyvern's and would have still not killed him even with the double bonuses from the reaver weapons...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I'll let him open the other chest just in case there's something really good there. Like a guiding ring.

My Benice, you are throwing away 3000 (5000, 10,000?) Gold. Look dude, I think you should look up the maps. Use WoD for info on the maps: https://www.fireemblemwod.com/ENG_fe7.htm

In fact I did give you this once. Use it! It's not cheating!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Een1nPt.pngWGJvqzk.png

Heath, really?

Using him is gonna be interesting, isn't it...

74% hit can still miss man. And like you could have instead attacked that Nomad with a more reliable weapon like an Iron Lance.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

lqiGDLk.pngnNGbfSU.png

I now see why nobody uses Rath.

Because you definitely didn't have other options to weaken him at 1 range and then you can use the short bow to avoid a counter attack and kill reliably. You're using Rath anyways so why not give him the kill exp?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

3QpUwDC.png

options to weaken him at 1 range... none around as far as the eye can see!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

kYASnpC.pngHJ5df83.png0OAFdzp.png

This Rath's unit merc is an absolute champ!

He's a weird meme, he pops up when his chapter comes and then everybody forgets him. But he's always helpful. I wish he was a bit bulkier though.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

KtU2CN2.png

Time to get an axe. Seeing Florina one-shot this thief...I feel blessed to be dating such a woman...

Insane. Now wait until we get Heath to do this too.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

DRnGf5v.png

Man, what a unit.

Man what great advantage taken of his power. Not like there's swordreaver guys he can easily dodge. Nope, not at all. And you also can't give him a vulnerary it seems, you want him to die don't you?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Nice! Eliwood's supports are really helping, actually! Pretty sure that Lyn adds to his attack power and Hector adds to defense and crit.

You wuld be correct.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Uh-oh. This is a problem. I need 700 exp from the next chapter and Pent takes it all, so I have to Ninian it, but she can only get around 300 points...

Assuming you do grind those 300, you can still easily get 200 from the bosses. It's tough to do it and you may have to swap around some units for more exp *cough* Heath *cough* but even then, you DON'T want to play Genesis.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

kaAauDM.png

Of course my luck did nothing...

I wish I'd been able to use Rebecca instead...

Doing less damage wouldn't be fun.

wElzkqc.png

Nice! Rath, the level eight nomad, is as fast as Wil, the level 17/1 sniper.

Well it seems my point of defense passed over to Rath. Well, that's fine. I'm not mad Rath got the kill (like really, I'm not joking. This is cool, I've never used Rath so this seems interesting)

LB7J0ee.png

Eliwood, that ain't clearing the way.

3NU7uLS.pnggg95v0Y.pngnSI9jid.png

I stand corrected!

He turned his sword into a scythe and became the grim-reaper. Nice!

67qIvrN.png

At this point the shy Florina would completely step on you.

xLAa4xl.png

Nice! With full support bonuses, Eliwood's pretty dangerous!

I love that pose, as much as I dislike Eliwood I like how he turns his back around, becoming quite distant from the welcoming pose he gives usually. The cape flows behind him from the strength of his spin and then holding the sword like Ike just looks so badass.

H9ybUnT.png

Damn... you did complain of him missing once so... Ok fine. He's my Florina and she is my Heath.

...My theory is that Lyn's strength growth utilizes 4RN, thus making her displayed 40% growth much lower.

LOOOL.

Oh wait.

Urgh. URGH! UUUURGHGHHGHG!

Damn that sucks... be happy that Oswin is atleast still pretty good ok? Be happy in that...

h99pFBl.pngAhhh! That was a lovely bath! I feel so refreshed from my long day!

Well well, now I imagine what would have happened if Erk came in a few minutes earlier.

NLE0iiW.pngO H  G R E A T  S T.  E L I M I N E,  I  H A V E  D O N E  Y O U R  B I D D I N G. . . W I L L  Y O U  M A R R Y  M E.  .  .

h99pFBl.pngHee hee! Excellent! I shall permit you to remove your garbage bag and have a day off. Best of all, I will even pay for our wedding!

NLE0iiW.pngT H A N K  Y O U  F O R  Y O U R  G R A C I O U S N E S S,  D E A R...

What's going on? Mind control? Oh no, that's one of my least favorite tags...

syrblxs.png Huh? Why am I back in this cloudy room?

h99pFBl.pngIs that anything to say to your fiancee?

syrblxs.pngFiancee? Did I have too much to drink last night?

h99pFBl.pngYou should be more thankful! Now go, enjoy your free day off! I have goddess stuff to be doing! The door is that way! The library is five minutes away!

syrblxs.pngVery well. Fiancee, hm? When did that happen? Hoo...My life just got interesting.

Poor Erk. I guess he'll have to be contempt with the sexy bossy b*tch wife. Ugh Femdom, another of my least favorite tags...

h99pFBl.pngOh orb of great wisdom, show me the location of Helen! ... No, no no! That's a coffin! Helen! I said Helen! ... Stop showing me this coffin! Oh... What's that written on it? "Here lies Helen. Lived for others, died for others. Loved and remembered by all." Uh... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRKK! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT! YOU MESSED UP! Hmm...I suppose that I can barter with Haydees to bring her back to life...Ugh! This is SO annoying!

Ok so you did answer the question you made earlier. Well then, I wonder who Hades will be? Inb4 it's Nergal.

Nino's replies*

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Honestly, my biggest problem is that the game expects you to use Sigurd to get all of the side objectives. I want to use the not best units in the game, but if I want to save innocent villages, I need Sigurd!

This is one of the major aspects that kills Geneology's replay value, because for the first half of the game you will use the same strategies as you've used in every other play through. Besides playing the game in ways not intended (soloing, lowmanning foot units only, etc) there's no real variety in your units beyond giving unit A weapon C instead of unit B.  The Sigurd focus thing at it's worst in chapter 5 where the game requires Leg Ring Sigurd for a pretty major side objective (he's the lord so it kinda balances out I guess) but don't worry, the game stops forcing Sigurd as much from Ch 6 onward. 

Bc77Se9.pngfxJJnwT.png

Isadora, more like IsaNOra (jeez beneez that was quick, this a new record or something) 

ECtexBt.png

Dangit, Heath.

This is Heaths big problem, he's neither fast nor strong enough to beat any particular enemy type reliably, he's like Forde, in that he always lacks a point or two in one of his stats, he's just kinda eh. 

EXcDRdS.png

I plead inSainity Shoulda Sain that coming?

LtWQBDm.pngZnXFs3l.png

Sure he takes less damage then the pegs from a bow, but he still goes down in two arrows just like the illians. 

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

but don't worry, the game stops forcing Sigurd as much from Ch 6 onward. 

what choice of words... lol

7 hours ago, Benice said:

ECtexBt.png

Dangit, Heath.

This is Heaths big problem, he's neither fast nor strong enough to beat any particular enemy type reliably, he's like Forde, in that he always lacks a point or two in one of his stats, he's just kinda eh. 

Never really happened to me. I mean in this case it's the result of how much damage everyone else did which is different for everyone. Speed I do understand but still, enemies slow themselves down quite a bunch.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

LtWQBDm.pngZnXFs3l.png

Sure he takes less damage then the pegs from a bow, but he still goes down in two arrows just like the illians. 

He would go down in 3 arrows, but he's not at full health here.

Nino's heath fangirling replies*

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Benice said:

Sigurd's a Jagen though. He decimates everything for the first half of the game. Then halfway through the game he stops being useful. I imagine in a Saint Rubenio run he'd somehow get him to kill Julius though.

15 hours ago, Benice said:

Will Derricc ever recieve the attention he deserves?!

Find out in the next season of "Weird fanfic!"

Kind of reminds me of Zacharia from Tear Ring Saga. The guy who got so ignored (Holmes is literally attributed credit for something Zachariah CANONICALLY did by the writing) I wrote "Zach's Lament" about him.

Whoops. I always forget that Roy was in smash but didn't get into NA with his game.

Not that I live in North America... but yeah. Binding Blade's "Japan only" status irked me at the time, because "upcoming release" in Smash meant I was on the lookout for it because the trophy description had me in. Then I get a prequel with nothing to do with it which I lost interest in quickly. Then years later I go back and play the prequel properly after a video involving the devil axe piques my interest. Then I'm even more annoyed because I still haven't any way of playing Roy's game... until I discovered a certain translation patch.

Imagine making good decisions and promoting Sain in Lyn mode.

And thanks for the info! It's very helpful.

I mean, I early-promoted him there last time. He was ridiculously strength blessed anyway. No reason not to take advantage of that.

Does he get HM bonuses? 'Cause he'd be totally absolutely bonkers if so.

No. He doesn't, if what Mekkah said in his unit review for Mangs FE7 HHM ranked run is correct. I mean, green units tend not to.

Perhaps axing Helen was a mistake.

Honestly, I think it was a brave move. If you kill characters off unexpectedly, it gives a sense of realism. Especially if you have fallout from the death. Whether it's well received or not depends on how it resonates. If you can do something with it, it's not a mistake.

Nope, but he needed to run away so he wouldn't die.

Well... then it was worth it.

And wow, it's sad that I killed off all of the hero crest and guiding ring users.

I mean, there's still Canas for Guiding Rings... but he's also not counted towards it because otherwise the hero crest users would be at a bigger disadvantage than normal. I mean, really, healers are definitely more useful than any one of the hero's crest candidates. Erk and Lucius are debatable. I typically prefer Canas because he can promote in two levels provided you get that first guiding ring. That gives you an extra healer, and takes a lot less effort... even if in the long run the others might come out better overall. The decrease in workload (plus Luna being so good for boss killing) makes him more fun to use in my opinion.

You know what franchise that Gillius is from? I just know it because I had a racing game called Sonic and all-stars racing transformed, and that he was an old guy who drove what looked like a giant squash.

Technically he's a Dwarf, though being 150 years old and male the term stands. See, the original Golden Axe was an Arcade Beat 'em up with a fantasy setting. You'd get things like levels on the back of giant turtles, magical sky castles, and so forth. There's the main three games (the second and third on the Genesis/Mega Drive), an Arcade sequel called "Revenge of Death Adder)... a Zelda 1 style knock-off game (Golden Axe Warrior) for the Master System which is both extremely rare in it's original form (though it's included in various Sega compilations like that Genesis/Mega Drive one on the PS3/Xbox360). Then there's Golden Ax: Ax Battler for the Game Gear, which I've never played not having one. But I've read it's a Zelda II clone, a fighting game called "Golden Axe the Duel" (which I've also never played), and Golden Axe Beast Rider... the to date last game in the series. A reboot for the Xbox 360/PS3 circa 2006, Beast Rider's notable for low review scores. No idea whether it's that bad or it's reputation is exaggerated.
Regardless, the old beat 'em ups are simple yet fun. Golden Axe Warrior though stands out for being one of the best Zelda clones I've played. To the point it feels like it's almost expanded on the original game (noting the fact A Link To The Past wasn't a thing yet). The choice between the harder hitting, wider range axe, or the swifter but straight ahead sword being notable (axes were definitely better, that arc and power was worth the slower speed, plus they could cut down trees). Point is it was a good game... a bit rough at points (there were certain monsters that could rust your armor and make it worthless until you got it repaired, so you'd take more damage, it was similar but distinct to the Like-Like's shield eating). Honestly, if Tear Ring is PS1 Fire Emblem, this was Sega Master System Zelda.

16 hours ago, Benice said:

You know, I do like FE6 where tomes don't weigh that much; the heaviest non-siege anima tome is around four or five weight; a book really shouldn't weigh...Isn't it 12 in this game?

Ever hear of the "Iron-Bound books of Skelos"? They were rather powerful, if fictional, grimoires (that is to say spellbooks). Notable for being bound in, well iron. Perhaps it takes a page (pun intended) out of that book.

Florina.... Rath... Wallace...Nils. Wil and Lyn obviously. Subplot wise Erk and Serra are still around too. So for the moment it's just Lucius, Kent and Dorcas...

Isadora has ambushed us! I can't change her starting equipment, which is too bad because I want her to use iron weapons. She's got pretty good bases, I think somewhat decent growths and is a balanced prepromote-sorta like FE6 Marcus only not as important. I'm definitely going to use her! She can't die or I lose Harken, so I'll have to be careful with her.

Actually, Eliwood, Hector and Oswin can (apparently, I've never actually seen Harken because I usually have three promoted units killed by turn 10 in Kenneth's chapter, and I never have got Jerme's)... if you can get them to him. And you've got ten turns to do it before he appears, so I can't see why not.

mSJUq7b.pngEXcDRdS.png

Well, you can add Sain to the Lyndis Legion casualties. I'd bet Rath isn't safe. Wallace might be the safest just on virtue of the chance you end up reaching the level you need to avoid his chapter.

Well.

I messed up.

Next time, we'll be hunting for exp and be bringing an unpromoted Oswin to endgame! Golly!

I mean, there's always those Earth Seals.... assuming no one else needs one. Which they might.

Are we about to get a Kid Icarus Uprising pseudo-crossover with a safe to use parody of a Greco-Roman God?

On 6/23/2020 at 4:07 PM, Benice said:

You really like that phrase, don't you?

And I think that I'll do both if possible; you said that there's alternate dialogue if Hector kills Lllloyd, right?

Its if he gets the killing blow on Linus on Cog of Destiny, which requires the Llyod version of Four Fang Offensive. Its such a rare scene that the only footage I can find on youtube of it is from Ghast's Hector support science..

I maybe shouldn't kill off characters in the side story...

No, its fine to kill off characters in the side story (as long as you don't go overboard), and the numerous comment responses show that people are invested and interested in what happened. Heck, FF7 wouldn't be the RPG everyone drools over if they didn't kill off Aerith, so don't worry so much about the shocked and heartfelt responses to such a surprising death.

I can't afford to lose Isadora because then I'll also lose Harken, though.

Most of the characters that are part of the Pharae military can recruit Harken, and if nothing else Eliwood can recruit him, you just miss out on their marriage related support.

I refuse to move forwards without that knight's crest!

Oh boy, this is going to end up being a bloodbath isn't it.

She's got pretty good bases, I think somewhat decent growths and is a balanced prepromote-sorta like FE6 Marcus only not as important. I'm definitely going to use her! She can't die or I lose Harken, so I'll have to be careful with her.

I find she is a lot like base level Marcus, but with the choice of doing less raw damage for more speed.

An Axereaver? Weird.

Yeah this is the Reaver weapon Chapter in the same way the last one was the poison chapter.

xiqDys9.png

That feels like such a minor concern at this point, but I suppose you have a lot of underleveled units coming that need the exp.

Oh right, we get Rath!

UIpwggt.png

You know, I really wish that Snipers got a crit bonus like swordmasters. It'd give them some kind of advantage over Nomads and...Well...Archers. Snipers are literally archers.

2pQhz9Z.png

I really like all the recruits of this chapter, but these two come so underleveled that it is hard to get both of them working on a run.

And I can't recruit Harken anymore! Fantastic! Looks like we're getting Karel this run! Urgh... Not only is he in a worse class with worse bases, he also don't get the HHM bonuses that Harken gets. Man, this bites. I'm so sorry, Isadora.

Ouch, RIP Marcus 2.0, but at least its still possible to get Harken despite your fears.

...That is actually kinda funny to see his dialogue come across as so silly.

EXcDRdS.png

Yeah this was kinda expected after that long time on the bench. When someone comes off the bench you have to either treat them with the kids gloves until they catch up, or just expect them to die and hope they do some good before they go, and it looks like he did.

LtWQBDm.pngZnXFs3l.png

Seeing that archer just south of him is really making me worry...

Nice.

XGz4BhS.png

Wait, how did that wyvern reach Fiora?!

Oooohhh...There's a corridor there... I didn't see that...

jt51rd6.pngTVi53sc.png

This is bad. This is baaaad!

SxfAz0I.png

DAMMIT! NO! FIORA, DON'T CRIT! THAT OPENS THE SPOT FOR ANOTHER WYVERN!!

Don't die Fiona, your death will end the possibility of a triangle attack...

X6ZJhzZ.pngDsQSTc0.png

Next turn I could head for the boss, but I don't see why I should risk Florina's life for just one level. The archers there PROBABLY won't be able to hit her, but not worth it. And neither Hector nor Oswin get any exp from killing the boss.

Yeah seeing her in range of the enemy ballista is worrying (its not manned now, but I am certain it will be enemy phase...), but on the other hand, you do need to send her after the boss soon...

5cqynwL.pngiFCLXKp.pngFVwOQdC.pngoNYj6Al.pngx9j36Tx.png

Rath is a good unit. All he needs is to attack four times with effective damage!

You joke, but on my successful no Lyn Mode HHM hard ironman run, him getting quad effective damage hits with the otherwise useless Brave Bow was legitimately useful in reducing the staggering Wyvern spam of Linus's version of Four Fanged Offensive.

Oh wait.

Urgh. URGH! UUUURGHGHHGHG!

After losing Isadora, that is a hard blow...I guess the earth seal you get for free from Victory or Death can go to Oswin?

...Meh

On 6/23/2020 at 7:07 PM, Benice said:

But Fargus gives you one near the end.

0 guiding rings tho. I need the master seal for Canas.

YOU GET ONE IN LLOYD OR LINUS MAP ALSO. THAT MAKES TWO.

and Lyn

but I find that Heath's growths aren't even that good and that he's sorta like Bors-He's bad, but not fun to use.

What do you mean? Heath crushes everything!

I think that she'll be able to tank the wyvern if we can't get rid of him.

Isadora tanking? What a funny joke.

I did it with no deaths, HAH. I even got the treasure.

About as tanky as Lyn.

I suppose that I can barter with Haydees to bring her back to life...Ugh! This is SO annoying!

YE

Spoiler
 On 6/24/2020 at 1:07 AM, Benice said:

I do wish that we got disclosure as to why he actually joined the rebellion in the first place, though.

...I...

...Well, damn. There goes the one bit of praise I've given FE7. That's a pretty huge hole. Ergh... Maybe he sensed something was fishy, and decided to play along to find out more?

Was killing off Helen a bad move?

Actually, I've been planning to off Helen since about midway through Lyn mode. Marlowe was totally safe!

Not bad at all, I was just joking. It was a surprising twist.

Derricc is actually the lord of sacred stones; Deirricca.

Q1mgvbsq o

There. Deirricca. You can't tell, but that's her under the helmet now.

u120KSB.pngTiIPnn1.png

I'd like to point out that FE7 happened because... Fuck, what was this dude's name... Bertram? Bernard? Googling Brendan had a boner. A boner that clouded his mind so badly that he didn't realize his favorite eye candy was bad news until it was far, far too late.

Sadly enough, this, too, was ripped off from TRS.

O0ZnYjZ.png

DANGIT, NO! I'M SO BAD THAT I LOST MY DANCER BEFORE THE MAP STARTED!

No, man, your dancer is right there. You've just lost the bard. He's bad, anyways. I mean, his availability sucks.

PgP9fgH.png

He can join Jerrot and Raigh's club. It's called "Everyone I Love Is Dead And It's The Tactician's Fault". EILIDAITTF for short.

She can't die or I lose Harken

Wrong. Literally everyone from Pherae can recruit Harken, and as far as I know he doesn't leave if she's dead.

Nobody ever uses him.

Ackshyually, I seem to remember using him in my last FE7 run. Which, admittedly, must've been like 5 years ago, but still. Pretty sure it happened.

2pQhz9Z.png

And before I can forget, this is Heath. I...Legitimately don't like him as a unit;

I legitimately don't like him as a design. Seriously, for as much flak as I give the modern FEs in terms of designs (except Echoes, of course), this dude manages to be a strong contender for the worst design in the entire series. In my opinion, of course. Sheesh, look at that mess! What is that hair? It's horrendous! And he has morph eyes even though he's not a morph! And his armor is chipped for no reason at all! He's a disaster!

NRNjMwy.pngic

ic

Nooo, you fool! That's not how it goes...!

wSk29gg.pngiduyP7V.png

That's another awful thing about him. His whole character is "I'm Navarre but somehow more boring", and yet he'll happily shank women and children if he's given the chance. Heck, I bet he'd skewer the unconscious Nils if he reached him, which is just all sorts of fucked up. Pretty big Matthis syndrome there, only he isn't even a good character to compensate, like Matthis.

Yes, I did just say that. I don't know. I just don't like Heath at all. In any way.

EXcDRdS.png

Hasn't that been the whole LP?

Eliwood can actually kill something?!

dHAmrJl.png

See, 10/10, what did I tell you.

LtWQBDm.pngZnXFs3l.png

He dies in two hits. Please. I know it's a bow, but bow might in this game against fliers is so bad it doesn't even matter.

kaAauDM.png

I'm playing a hack with a magic/strength split, and for a moment I thought he got defense. Hah, if only. 14 res shamans are only a thing in hacks.

67qIvrN.png

She has... more strength than speed.

What?

H9ybUnT.png

Ahhh, yes. Heath! Seethe in anger at his badness!

i62mZOg.png

The knight's crest.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHH!  I MISSED THE KNIGHT'S CREST! I HAD TWO OBJECTIVES IN THE MAP AND I COULDN'T DO BOTH! WHY?! WHY AM I SO DUMB?!

Yeah...

Also, one little defeat and he disbands his whole crew? Wow, this guy's bad.

R.I.P. Erk. He was saved from death, but he still went to hell.

On 6/24/2020 at 3:57 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

Please

On 6/24/2020 at 6:21 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

I imagine in a Saint Rubenio run he'd somehow get him to kill Julius though.

If only. I would add it to my collection of unlikely units killing final bosses.

Spoiler
On 6/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Sigurd's a Jagen though. He decimates everything for the first half of the game. Then halfway through the game he stops being useful. I imagine in a Saint Rubenio run he'd somehow get him to kill Julius though.

But he isn't a Jagen! He has good growths and gains a lot of exp. There's no reason not to use him, at least until when the game decides he is too powerful and stops letting you use him.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please

bruh

Nino's replies*

"Ketchup or Mayo? Bah! This kind of thinking hurts my head!"

Does Hector play Splatoon?

maxresdefault.jpg

It's FE logic! You're not supposed to question it! This is the same series where a guy can jump 20 something feet in the air, flip multiple times, and land without any broken bones!

Oh boy, it's Heath! This is gonna be interesting...

Oh hey! It's the guy I killed in both my FE7 playthroughs!

Actually, she's sort of like Florina but inferior in every single stat bar con and defense. By one point. Still, a mini-Florina is welcomed!

She needs the love of a husbando to make her strong. I hear she's single. Why don't you add her to your flier harem?

He's meant to be bad so you drop him immediately in favor of the infinitely superior best FE7 waifu Louise 90px-Louise_Eternal_Devotion_Face_FC.web as a pre-promoted sniper in just a few chapters.

Let's get some kills for Lyn, shall we?

Lyn? Kill? Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Okay, Nobody should die...

Benice's famous last words.

dark-souls-games-gif-yolo-694837.jpeg

Wil efficiently removes one of the last two threats in the front of the map.

He Wil prevail against all obstacles in his way.

I want to get the Eliwood/Lyn A-support this map!

c59584c8d42874fea301ce455f1a3c21.jpg

Eliwood x Ninian would like to have a word with you.

Isadora and Sain are crying out from the grave.

Oh orb of great wisdom, show me the location of Helen! ... No, no no! That's a coffin! Helen! I said Helen! ... Stop showing me this coffin! Oh... What's that written on it? "Here lies Helen. Lived for others, died for others. Loved and remembered by all." Uh... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRKK! GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT! YOU MESSED UP! Hmm...I suppose that I can barter with Haydees to bring her back to life...Ugh! This is SO annoying!

dont-give-me-hope-892x475.jpg

---------------

Well, this was a fun update. Looking forward to the next one! 👍

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well, damn. There goes the one bit of praise I've given FE7. That's a pretty huge hole. Ergh... Maybe he sensed something was fishy, and decided to play along to find out more?

I was always under the impression he was infiltrating it myself, only they caught on.

That's another awful thing about him. His whole character is "I'm Navarre but somehow more boring", and yet he'll happily shank women and children if he's given the chance. Heck, I bet he'd skewer the unconscious Nils if he reached him, which is just all sorts of fucked up. Pretty big Matthis syndrome there, only he isn't even a good character to compensate, like Matthis.

Yes, I did just say that. I don't know. I just don't like Heath at all. In any way.

Also his hair reminds me of a skunk because of the white streak. But given even in Awakening Gaius will kill Emmeryn if he has the chance despite allegedly only sneaking into the palace during the assassination attempt to steal a couple things during the confusion... yeah. It's safe to bet Heath would have made a Nils-Kabob.

What?

I'm kind of hoping that'll happen with Caeda... mostly because the speed cap on draco-knights is their one weakness.

I did say some fates are worse than death.

If only. I would add it to my collection of unlikely units killing final bosses.

Dead man gives his wife's son a post-term-abortion.

4 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

But he isn't a Jagen! He has good growths and gains a lot of exp. There's no reason not to use him, at least until when the game decides he is too powerful and stops letting you use him.

It's an old joke relating to what happens to him halfway through the game (because the rule of Jagens is they fall off, and there's no steeper drop off than going from one of the strongest units in the series to a scripted death). Besides, if Mekkah's video ranking Jagens is correct, before FE 5 units received set exp per kill... meaning level didn't matter. Ergo pre-promotes got screwed over for the remakes in that sense. Then again, it's hard to argue they nerfed them... seeing as Jagen and Arran's growths were actually worse in FE1 and FE3.

Jagen went from 10% hp, strength skill and speed, and 0% luck and defense as well as 3% res in book 1 FE 3 (though not in FE1) to 40% hp, 20% strength and defense, 35% skill, 15% speed, and 30% luck (and a 0% in magic and res, which is pretty normal in SD) in his default class.

Arran's book 2 self had the 10% hp, strength, skill, and speed as well as 10% luck and defense and 3% res. New Mystery upped that to 40% hp, 15% strength, 25% skill, and 15% defense. They left the speed and luck at 10%, and actually dropped the 3% res. (This is all assuming base class).

What's my point? Well in the originals, Arran was actually slightly better in growths. They actually took that from him in the remakes, because when they buffed both, Jagen actually got buffed more. That said, Arran gets better reclass options than Jagen... but he also can't use a forged ridersbane to stay relevant as long. That said, they're both essential on the higher difficulties.

My dude saga, chapter 16: Fog of War is a good mechanic.

The part where people talk about Heath:

Spoiler
On 6/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

I just said this because you said the parts would come out quicker.

It's saucier as a roast, meaning it is better that way. It is officially a roast!

I found Silesse's theme to be the most boring. That's probably just me though. I have to wonder why it sounds so arabic though, not like a chilly place at all imo.

I actually have no music most of the time, so I can't comment on a few themes. My least favorites thus far have been the Prologue's theme and somewhat chapter 2's theme.

Anything is easy on ENM dude. Even Battle Before Dawn because enemies are so weak and there's nothing in your way + Ursula is in a weaker position (debatable) in ENM. Anyways, CoD doesn't employ as many status staves and those stupidly fast Valkyries in ENM. But in HHM there's only magic enemies in that map.

Battle before Dawn was not easy for me at all, (prolly because Jaffar kept killing himself.) so it's sure to be a nightmare! I'm giving it one proper attempt before cheesing it.

Genesis uses more status staves and Kishuna moves around. He can also dissappear whenever which is so annoying. I skipped the map, I never wanted to play it... iirc I skipped it that is.

Fantastiq. That will be veree funn

Ahhh Canas! Well the Earth Seal is in chapter 24 but if you go Lloyd's version then that map is kinda hard unless you 2 turn it or something. Don't even bother with Wallace.

Chapter 24- not too bad, actually.

You're gonna edit it aren't you? I mean taking Jaffar out of the equation just removes RNG frustration. But not having to defend Zephiel is another thing entirely.

On my second attempt, yes. I do want to beat this game legitimately, but I suck, so a few edits to make life easier don't bother me too too much.

Hey this idea is genius, you spoilering things to make it clearer what I'm replying to. Amazing, since I've struggled with these problems a bit.

Huh? I did what?

Er, I mean that it was totally on purpose! I am smarts!

Holy hell you do know what AW is. Noice. On the topic, Adder has my favorite Black Hole CO theme, followed by Hawke and then Lash, then Sturm and finally Flak's.

I'm somehow even worse at it than I am at FE. I like Sensei's theme.

Yeah that's the deep voice series. With like 2 high-pitch chapters. I understand teh frustration for those but not for the deep voice ones. If you like it you should watch the actual plinkett reviews by RedLetterMedia, specifically his first one ( I think) on The Phantom Menace, even if you know nothing about Star Wars it is absolutely hilarious and Mekkah took many quotes and jokes from that series.
Huh, maybe I should check it out. Well, I should watch Mekkah's first.
And yes this scene is idiotic, I hate it when FE games have too many filler chapters because then the devs go like "humm..... however will we make it so the player doesn't level up too much?//1? oh of kors, we give him laik no expirence at OLL! ugh... oh and yeah story bab... that's the least of my concerns...

I mean, if the game stopped to explain this at any point before the very end of the game, it wouldn't be a huge problem. I really do wish that they hadn't tried to hide that Ninils were dragons, though.

You're telling me Eliwood will make Ninian into a double creampie why do I say these things?

Oh my...

I mean, he probably will though.

Hmm... well I think it is decent. It doesn't have as many plotholes iirc though I haven't examined the story, I might one day. I like it and I know people say "but Eirika!!" and yeah she was dumb there which is the entire point.

I liked the story a lot, but Alastor's write-ups made it look worse than FE7 in every way, so I wondered if nostalgia was blinding me.

You better not forget to explain it like FE7 does. Ruben almost pulled one of these on me the other day.

I'll do my best!:Nino:

But nobody playtested this game.

I do sometimes get that sense. Then again, a lot of the highest difficulties give that vibe too. 3H Maddening, and for example.

Sure but you have other 1-2 ranged units that do in fact kill everything in ENM. In HHM you don't and it makes using him a bit harder but still, it's 5 levels. iirc, I insta promoted him.

You think that a casual player would do anything but promote at level 20?

Well then. Even better would be "What did it cost" "I gained X gold"

Yep, that would have been much better.

I mean there's an arena there to grind her with.

She kept coming close to dying. Seriously, nobody except for Hector could win; Even Oswin got destroyed because all of the bets were 820 at the lowest. I would have ground everyone up, but I kept losing money. And I didn't want to put Florina in because Swordmasters could one-shot her and Warriors scare me.

Well that's sad. He has 9 speed in HM and 40% growth. Also a base 13 strength with 60% iirc so I wouldn't say he's bad. He can use an Iron Lance against swordreaver fighters and get a few levels.

Well, that was my take in Eliwood normal mode. He just never really got rolling and it was sad. Maybe he works better in HHM?

No because this game wanted a defense map. However, if someone is injured and got out of a fatal car-crash for example then it's like really important that you do not move them. You want to pick them up very gently, in a unilateral form.

I guess Nils had a sugar crash and Ninian thought it was a car, then.

Heh, I never knew he said this because I've never used him. God, what a terrible unit.

To be fair, he's been particularly bad in this run.

What am I saying? He's an archer. An archer with capped speed, skill and strength that joins early on still wouldn't be as good as No-Lyn mode Kent when he joins.

Eliwood and Lowen can recruit him too. Maybe Marcus and Hector as well but I'm not sure.

Oh, phew! I also knew ahead of time how to get him on both maps, (Jerme's it's opening fewer than three doors IIRC, but I won't open any if I get it, Kenneth's is killing less than three promoted enemies, but I'll probably only kill the ones that actively move towards us.)

Almost every non-boss melee enemy, if not all, in this map have reaver weapons. Which means that if you abuse the weapon triangle well then certain units *cough* Heath *cough* are near invincible.

That requires good strategy. Digusting.

If you don't play Lyn Mode Rath actually joins at level 9 with better bases and B rank in bows, so he can immediately use the brave bow. If you did play Lyn Mode then he's somewhat underwhelming for longer, but his speed will carry him decently.

Speaking of the brave bow, when do I get it?

>Enemies weighed down by reaver weapons in his joining map.
>32 HP and 12 Def. Bulk.
>10 skill, hits reliably combined with 7 luck for extra oomph.
>13 strength and 9 speed.

Ok fine I'm being biased, what are his disadvantages?
>Level 7
>2 Res
>Only +1 Con when promoted
Level 7 means he levels fast unlike everyone else at this point that gets like 15 exp per kill. 2 Res can be circumvented by using his high move to escape from mages or tabking the hits anyways because of his 32 HP. And only one con when promoted doesn't matter much. He still will double with Iron Weapons, but if you want him to be OP you give him the body ring and steel lances.
And is quite slow. 9 speed on top of a 40% growth...Well, it can be good. Florina is a testament to that with her 40% strength growth. However, Lyn and Wil prove exactly how bad 40% can go too. 40's a bad number, actually. You expect it to be good, but it's really not that great.
Anyways if Heath doesn't get good feel free to bench him and play however you want.

I mean...I've got some really tough desicions to make in terms of promotion. If I DO bench Heath, it's because I don't have the means to promote him.

Lot you mean? Hehehehe.

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Using him as a living shield is really beneficial though. If at least for a bit I guess.

Must protecc green units!

Jesus Christ so quickly? *sigh* And i already explained how you can recruit Harken. It's a pain to do so on Kenneth's map but Karel is shit anyways. Oh yeah and for Kenneth's map, see every FE resource says you shouldn't kill more than 2 promoted enemies but the truth is you can only kill one. So focus on the purge bishop and rush north. Don't even try to get to the southern door. If this is Jerme's map, well IDK.

I must read the pitfall wiki to undo the gain of this knowledge! I must relearn that the Black Knight is a bad unit because he has bad growths!

Well, to unconsole you, the reaver weapons double the bonuses and disadvantages. So she would have faced... 0% hit. You could have also brough an Iron Lance for her, then she would have been awesome and dodging.

Frick.

Heath: ... Well she... um... nearly killed the other wyvern riders which is uncharacteristic for a Pegasus Knight, actually I rushed to try to hit them and only saw a glimpse of what I thought was white Paladin armor... oops.

I do get why they don't change the AI for Heath not to attack specific units, actually. I still like picking on the Matthis syndrome.

*sigh* Damn it.

If I don't like Heath, does that make me a Heath-en?

Bruh that was my 3rd favorite unit! I mean... *sigh* why not use a sword though? Not only would he not get weighed down, he wouldn't double the Wyvern's and would have still not killed him even with the double bonuses from the reaver weapons...

I needed a javelin to avoid the counter and I was still being dumb after losing Isadora!

My Benice, you are throwing away 3000 (5000, 10,000?) Gold. Look dude, I think you should look up the maps. Use WoD for info on the maps: https://www.fireemblemwod.com/ENG_fe7.htm
T'was 10k this time, but I couldn't have gotten it either way.
In fact I did give you this once. Use it! It's not cheating!

I must fail! It's the rule! I will not give in just yet! When Florina dies, I'll use help!

74% hit can still miss man. And like you could have instead attacked that Nomad with a more reliable weapon like an Iron Lance.

Well, if he'd had the movement range, I could have.

Because you definitely didn't have other options to weaken him at 1 range and then you can use the short bow to avoid a counter attack and kill reliably. You're using Rath anyways so why not give him the kill exp?

Dart is currently my priority given that to be worthwhile to promote, he needs, like, six levels to be anywhere near Hawkeye. I mean, if he gets good speed from promotion, then I'll earlypromote. Otherwise I'll hold off to see if it'll be worth it. I know, I know, late promotion is a pitfall, but I don't see a point to promoting Dart if he won't have decent stats.

options to weaken him at 1 range... none around as far as the eye can see!

Hey now, Oswin and Hector needed to be elsewhere and Dart needs that kill!

He's a weird meme, he pops up when his chapter comes and then everybody forgets him. But he's always helpful. I wish he was a bit bulkier though.

Prolly because he's quite good, but not 3-13 archer tier.

Insane. Now wait until we get Heath to do this too.

It probably won't take very long.

But I do doubt that doubling will happen.

Still, flawed units FTW!

Man what great advantage taken of his power. Not like there's swordreaver guys he can easily dodge. Nope, not at all. And you also can't give him a vulnerary it seems, you want him to die don't you?

The archers next to those swordreaver blokes would have put a damper on Heath's training. And life.

You wuld be correct.

The one thing I was right about in this chapert! Yaey.

Assuming you do grind those 300, you can still easily get 200 from the bosses. It's tough to do it and you may have to swap around some units for more exp *cough* Heath *cough* but even then, you DON'T want to play Genesis.

But I need the good ending!

And I may bring Heath in the desert. Again, Dart is currently no. 1 to be trained, but Heath is 2nd.

Of course my luck did nothing...

See, part of the problem is that even though I know Canas' promotion is amazing, I don't know that it'll save him. This is a terrible Canas, at least as far as I know.

Doing less damage wouldn't be fun.

But those x2 are pretty!

Well it seems my point of defense passed over to Rath. Well, that's fine. I'm not mad Rath got the kill (like really, I'm not joking. This is cool, I've never used Rath so this seems interesting)

I mean, I'm fairly certain that he won't last long. But hey, never used a nomad before, so may as well! Maybe I'll even find another orion's bolt!

He turned his sword into a scythe and became the grim-reaper. Nice!

Eliwood is finally gitting gud! I think that we get the first heaven seal soon too. (Vaida's, I think.)

My strats kind of warrant that. But Florina is so kind that she doesn't step on me!

I love that pose, as much as I dislike Eliwood I like how he turns his back around, becoming quite distant from the welcoming pose he gives usually. The cape flows behind him from the strength of his spin and then holding the sword like Ike just looks so badass.

He does have good animations. I prefer his to Eirika's or Ephraim's. Actually, I do think that lord animations were overall better in this game. I'll give it that.

Damn... you did complain of him missing once so... Ok fine. He's my Florina and she is my Heath.

This bad level will only make me use him more! Rejoice!

LOOOL.

Well, am I wrong?

Damn that sucks... be happy that Oswin is atleast still pretty good ok? Be happy in that...

I guess so. Bringing an unpromoted Oswin to endgame would be hilarious.

Well well, now I imagine what would have happened if Erk came in a few minutes earlier.

Well, he'd still be cultist Erk.

What's going on? Mind control? Oh no, that's one of my least favorite tags...

Soddy!

Poor Erk. I guess he'll have to be contempt with the sexy bossy b*tch wife. Ugh Femdom, another of my least favorite tags...

What do you mean by tags?

Ok so you did answer the question you made earlier. Well then, I wonder who Hades will be? Inb4 it's Nergal.

The tlot plikenz!

Nino's replies*

On 6/23/2020 at 7:52 PM, Pengaius said:

This is one of the major aspects that kills Geneology's replay value, because for the first half of the game you will use the same strategies as you've used in every other play through. Besides playing the game in ways not intended (soloing, lowmanning foot units only, etc) there's no real variety in your units beyond giving unit A weapon C instead of unit B.  The Sigurd focus thing at it's worst in chapter 5 where the game requires Leg Ring Sigurd for a pretty major side objective (he's the lord so it kinda balances out I guess) but don't worry, the game stops forcing Sigurd as much from Ch 6 onward. 

Yeah, he really does fall off after chapter 5; Shannan and Oifey really pick up steam around then too.

Isadora, more like IsaNOra (jeez beneez that was quick, this a new record or something) 

Give me a medal!

He can't aForde to have bad growths, then!

I plead inSainity Shoulda Sain that coming?

Time for a dirty joke!

Why does Sain like crazy girls? Because they're in-Sain! (Geddit, Insane? Ahahahahaah...I'll leave.)

Actually, I think Florina's more durable right now physically; she has seven defense and...41 HP right now? That brings us to 48 HP of physical bulk, Heath has 32 hp and 12 defense, bringing him to 44. Of course, Florina's had tons of time and an angelic robe.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

what choice of words... lol

He really isn't wrong, though.

Never really happened to me. I mean in this case it's the result of how much damage everyone else did which is different for everyone. Speed I do understand but still, enemies slow themselves down quite a bunch.

I honestly don't mind his bases being bad. He was just really boring to use in ENM. I sorta wish his speed was buffed to 45% and his base speed by one. That would go a fairly long way.

He would go down in 3 arrows, but he's not at full health here.

From a steel bow, at least. He'd last quite a while against an iron bow. Well, he'd take damage equal to the enemies' strength. (12 effective mt -his 12 defense)

Nino's heath fangirling replies*

On 6/24/2020 at 9:21 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

That would be impressive. But yeah, Shannan and the others just blow him out of the water. Worse powercreep than Heroes!

Kind of reminds me of Zacharia from Tear Ring Saga. The guy who got so ignored (Holmes is literally attributed credit for something Zachariah CANONICALLY did by the writing) I wrote "Zach's Lament" about him.

That is new levels of amazing.

Not that I live in North America... but yeah. Binding Blade's "Japan only" status irked me at the time, because "upcoming release" in Smash meant I was on the lookout for it because the trophy description had me in. Then I get a prequel with nothing to do with it which I lost interest in quickly. Then years later I go back and play the prequel properly after a video involving the devil axe piques my interest. Then I'm even more annoyed because I still haven't any way of playing Roy's game... until I discovered a certain translation patch.

Gringe for the win! This man deserves to live in a mansion!

I mean, I early-promoted him there last time. He was ridiculously strength blessed anyway. No reason not to take advantage of that.

I mostly was legitimately concerned that HHM would be too easy because

• Lyn Hard Mode was easy
  • Everyone says that Fe7 is just easy.

And thus, I blame all of the deaths in the first three chapters, (Aside from Lowen, that was just unfortunate. But also not well played on my part.) on overconfidence. Matthew and Serra being the most scarring.

No. He doesn't, if what Mekkah said in his unit review for Mangs FE7 HHM ranked run is correct. I mean, green units tend not to.

Harken joins as a green unit? I thought he was red in Jerme's map. I at least recall him killing Isadora. And I'm not gonna lie, I really wanted to ressurect Isadora in the story so she could have a happy ending with Harken.

Honestly, I think it was a brave move. If you kill characters off unexpectedly, it gives a sense of realism. Especially if you have fallout from the death. Whether it's well received or not depends on how it resonates. If you can do something with it, it's not a mistake.

I hope I pull it off. I'm not a good writer, so we'll seeeeeee!

Well... then it was worth it.

I'd say so.

I mean, there's still Canas for Guiding Rings... but he's also not counted towards it because otherwise the hero crest users would be at a bigger disadvantage than normal. I mean, really, healers are definitely more useful than any one of the hero's crest candidates. Erk and Lucius are debatable. I typically prefer Canas because he can promote in two levels provided you get that first guiding ring. That gives you an extra healer, and takes a lot less effort... even if in the long run the others might come out better overall. The decrease in workload (plus Luna being so good for boss killing) makes him more fun to use in my opinion.

Yeah. If only I hadn't goofed up in the first map.

Technically he's a Dwarf, though being 150 years old and male the term stands. See, the original Golden Axe was an Arcade Beat 'em up with a fantasy setting. You'd get things like levels on the back of giant turtles, magical sky castles, and so forth. There's the main three games (the second and third on the Genesis/Mega Drive), an Arcade sequel called "Revenge of Death Adder)... a Zelda 1 style knock-off game (Golden Axe Warrior) for the Master System which is both extremely rare in it's original form (though it's included in various Sega compilations like that Genesis/Mega Drive one on the PS3/Xbox360). Then there's Golden Ax: Ax Battler for the Game Gear, which I've never played not having one. But I've read it's a Zelda II clone, a fighting game called "Golden Axe the Duel" (which I've also never played), and Golden Axe Beast Rider... the to date last game in the series. A reboot for the Xbox 360/PS3 circa 2006, Beast Rider's notable for low review scores. No idea whether it's that bad or it's reputation is exaggerated.
Regardless, the old beat 'em ups are simple yet fun. Golden Axe Warrior though stands out for being one of the best Zelda clones I've played. To the point it feels like it's almost expanded on the original game (noting the fact A Link To The Past wasn't a thing yet). The choice between the harder hitting, wider range axe, or the swifter but straight ahead sword being notable (axes were definitely better, that arc and power was worth the slower speed, plus they could cut down trees). Point is it was a good game... a bit rough at points (there were certain monsters that could rust your armor and make it worthless until you got it repaired, so you'd take more damage, it was similar but distinct to the Like-Like's shield eating). Honestly, if Tear Ring is PS1 Fire Emblem, this was Sega Master System Zelda.

Nice.

I do note that it seems Sega is running out of characters to use. While there are characters that other people know, (Such as someone who just joined the forums being named after one,) the racing game also features two side characters from obsucre games. (At least from what limited info I have,)

Ever hear of the "Iron-Bound books of Skelos"? They were rather powerful, if fictional, grimoires (that is to say spellbooks). Notable for being bound in, well iron. Perhaps it takes a page (pun intended) out of that book.

Mayhaps. I mean, the tome icons don't imply this, but eh.

Florina.... Rath... Wallace...Nils. Wil and Lyn obviously. Subplot wise Erk and Serra are still around too. So for the moment it's just Lucius, Kent and Dorcas...

And now Sain. And effectively Wallace since we're close to reaching level 50 for the lords and will get Geitz' version instead.

Actually, Eliwood, Hector and Oswin can (apparently, I've never actually seen Harken because I usually have three promoted units killed by turn 10 in Kenneth's chapter, and I never have got Jerme's)... if you can get them to him. And you've got ten turns to do it before he appears, so I can't see why not.

I'm saved! I get the good prepromote!

Well, you can add Sain to the Lyndis Legion casualties. I'd bet Rath isn't safe. Wallace might be the safest just on virtue of the chance you end up reaching the level you need to avoid his chapter.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Er...Keyboard, as it is.

I mean, there's always those Earth Seals.... assuming no one else needs one. Which they might.

Well,

• Canas
  • Oswin
  • Two of Farina/Heath/Fiora
  • Rath? I don't know if there's another Orion's bolt.

Are we about to get a Kid Icarus Uprising pseudo-crossover with a safe to use parody of a Greco-Roman God?

That would require me to have played a Kid Icarus game, so probably not.

22 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You really like that phrase, don't you?

Well, you're not wrong.

Its if he gets the killing blow on Linus on Cog of Destiny, which requires the Llyod version of Four Fang Offensive. Its such a rare scene that the only footage I can find on youtube of it is from Ghast's Hector support science..

Huh. Oh, it's Linus's map? Good! That one's almost garunteed at this point!

No, its fine to kill off characters in the side story (as long as you don't go overboard), and the numerous comment responses show that people are invested and interested in what happened. Heck, FF7 wouldn't be the RPG everyone drools over if they didn't kill off Aerith, so don't worry so much about the shocked and heartfelt responses to such a surprising death.

That is good to know.

Most of the characters that are part of the Pharae military can recruit Harken, and if nothing else Eliwood can recruit him, you just miss out on their marriage related support.

What would I do without you guys?

Oh boy, this is going to end up being a bloodbath isn't it.

Yep.

I find she is a lot like base level Marcus, but with the choice of doing less raw damage for more speed.

That's a pretty good assesment, actually. I wish that her con was better, though.

Yeah this is the Reaver weapon Chapter in the same way the last one was the poison chapter.

Can't wait for the poison reaver fog of war chapter.

That feels like such a minor concern at this point, but I suppose you have a lot of underleveled units coming that need the exp.

Yeah, it was a bad idea.

I really like all the recruits of this chapter, but these two come so underleveled that it is hard to get both of them working on a run.

Is that a challenge?! IS THAT A CHALLENGE?! WATCH ME TAKE BOTH OF THEM TO ENDGAME!

Ouch, RIP Marcus 2.0, but at least its still possible to get Harken despite your fears.

My nightmares are over!

...That is actually kinda funny to see his dialogue come across as so silly.

Heath recognizes that Florina is not a woman but a harbinger of doom to the enemies of My dude!

Yeah this was kinda expected after that long time on the bench. When someone comes off the bench you have to either treat them with the kids gloves until they catch up, or just expect them to die and hope they do some good before they go, and it looks like he did.

The mistake was giving him lots of equipment.

Seeing that archer just south of him is really making me worry...

Don't worry! Being careful and calculating your moves never helped anyone succeed in fire emblem!

Don't die Fiona, your death will end the possibility of a triangle attack...

And if Fiona dies, Shrek won't get married!

Yeah seeing her in range of the enemy ballista is worrying (its not manned now, but I am certain it will be enemy phase...), but on the other hand, you do need to send her after the boss soon...

I initially planned to rescue-drop Oswin or Hector into the boss' range. And then I forgot about the boss after Sain died. I totally forgot until I realized that I couldn't promote Oswin in the next chapter's battle prep.

You joke, but on my successful no Lyn Mode HHM hard ironman run, him getting quad effective damage hits with the otherwise useless Brave Bow was legitimately useful in reducing the staggering Wyvern spam of Linus's version of Four Fanged Offensive.

Well, the flier spam may work for training Heath.

After losing Isadora, that is a hard blow...I guess the earth seal you get for free from Victory or Death can go to Oswin?

Oh, we do get two Earth Seals? Nice.

...Meh

Oof.

22 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

YOU GET ONE IN LLOYD OR LINUS MAP ALSO. THAT MAKES TWO.

Bruh.

and Lyn

Lyn is basically dead. Not just in alternate realities, but also because her low bulk allows a light breeze to kill her.

What do you mean? Heath crushes everything!

Or so they say.

Isadora tanking? What a funny joke.

Not funny didnt laff.

I did it with no deaths, HAH. I even got the treasure.

Not funny didnt laff.

About as tanky as Lyn.

But dodgier.

YE

Ok.

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

...I...

I think that's what is implied. But that always did bug me. Like, this game tries to be so mysterious with its plots, (Ninian being a dragon, the Blacc tooth, etc.) and yet they rarely close up the plot points that they open.

Not bad at all, I was just joking. It was a surprising twist.

Phew!
Q1mgvbsq o

There. Deirricca. You can't tell, but that's her under the helmet now.

This is genius character design right here. Like, this is fanservice done right. The way this tastefully accentuates the figure is gorgeous. Eirika should look like this if they remake FE8.

I'd like to point out that FE7 happened because... Fuck, what was this dude's name... Bertram? Bernard? Googling Brendan had a boner. A boner that clouded his mind so badly that he didn't realize his favorite eye candy was bad news until it was far, far too late.

I'd like to imagine that she has some kind of magic spell.

Sadly enough, this, too, was ripped off from TRS.

Except probably with an underaged person instead.

No, man, your dancer is right there. You've just lost the bard. He's bad, anyways. I mean, his availability sucks.

Hey, he had the highest defense in all of Lyn mode except for Wallace!

He can join Jerrot and Raigh's club. It's called "Everyone I Love Is Dead And It's The Tactician's Fault". EILIDAITTF for short.

No, it's the RNG's fault! Technically, everyone could have survived!

Wrong. Literally everyone from Pherae can recruit Harken, and as far as I know he doesn't leave if she's dead.

I was apheraed for nothing!

Ackshyually, I seem to remember using him in my last FE7 run. Which, admittedly, must've been like 5 years ago, but still. Pretty sure it happened.

This only farther proves my point of nobody using him.

Well, second place is still ok.

I legitimately don't like him as a design. Seriously, for as much flak as I give the modern FEs in terms of designs (except Echoes, of course), this dude manages to be a strong contender for the worst design in the entire series. In my opinion, of course. Sheesh, look at that mess! What is that hair? It's horrendous! And he has morph eyes even though he's not a morph! And his armor is chipped for no reason at all! He's a disaster!

Not gonna lie, a lot of the old games have questionable design choices, acually.

ic

IC

Nooo, you fool! That's not how it goes...!

Smallbrain.

I thought that his character was that he was a chilvalrous knight who wasn't a knight.

And thirsted aftre Priscilla again.

But I digress.

ic

Golly.

Hasn't that been the whole LP?

Well, we still have Florina...

See, 10/10, what did I tell you.

I still attribute it to Hector's support with him.

He dies in two hits. Please. I know it's a bow, but bow might in this game against fliers is so bad it doesn't even matter.

To be fair, all the other fliers would also die in two hits. Aside from Florina.

I'm playing a hack with a magic/strength split, and for a moment I thought he got defense. Hah, if only. 14 res shamans are only a thing in hacks.

Or my Eliwood normal Canas who capped everything but luck and hp.

What?

BBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFFF!

Ahhh, yes. Heath! Seethe in anger at his badness!

He's so bad right now!

Can't wait to try to make him be good!

The knight's crest.

I can't believe I forgot that.

Yeah...

Also, one little defeat and he disbands his whole crew? Wow, this guy's bad.

High quality merc.

Then again, his employer did die. My favorite line is from one of the defense chapters where a generic soldier says "Uhh...Retreat!"

Yeah. But at least he has books!

Please

Cheatin' on Paramythis and Derrick and Sylvis again?

I bet I can get Byron to kill Julius.

17 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

It's a reference to the...Belhalla Blowout, where Sigurd lost his fighting ability due to a wild party.

bruh

Burh

Nino's replies*

17 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Does Hector play Splatoon?

maxresdefault.jpg

The internal debates in Hector's mind are stemmed from deep philosophical questions such as this.

(And Mayo is better)

It's FE logic! You're not supposed to question it! This is the same series where a guy can jump 20 something feet in the air, flip multiple times, and land without any broken bones!

I was more questioning why we can't move him; I wouldn't mind it if there was a good explanation as to why we can't move him, but we don't get one, sadly.

Oh hey! It's the guy I killed in both my FE7 playthroughs!

Nice.

She needs the love of a husbando to make her strong. I hear she's single. Why don't you add her to your flier harem?

That's a great idea! Except she's taken. And dead.

He's meant to be bad so you drop him immediately in favor of the infinitely superior best FE7 waifu Louise 90px-Louise_Eternal_Devotion_Face_FC.web as a pre-promoted sniper in just a few chapters.

I may use Louise. If I don't, it's because losing her also makes us lose Pent, who is gonna save the run. Mostly with his staves.

Lyn? Kill? Hahahahahahaha!!!!

You are really not wrong at all.

Benice's famous last words.

Yeah, really.

dark-souls-games-gif-yolo-694837.jpeg

This is gorgeous. I am saving this image.

He Wil prevail against all obstacles in his way.

Maybe he Wil. I decide his fate.

c59584c8d42874fea301ce455f1a3c21.jpg

Eliwood x Ninian would like to have a word with you.

I personally find that he doesn't have that much chemisty with Ninian; I find it more to be Ninian being like "Ooooh, Eliwood is so hawt!" And Eliwood is just being normal Eliwood.

But I do sort of regret not going the Hector-Lyn support because IIRC Lyn has special convos with the lord she A-supports. and I've already seen the Eliwood ones.

Isadora and Sain are crying out from the grave.

They were kind of bad, at least...

dont-give-me-hope-892x475.jpg

Hahahahahahahaa! I will do as a pleaase!

---------------

Well, this was a fun update. Looking forward to the next one! 👍

Thanks!

12 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I was always under the impression he was infiltrating it myself, only they caught on.

I think that's what's implied.

Also his hair reminds me of a skunk because of the white streak. But given even in Awakening Gaius will kill Emmeryn if he has the chance despite allegedly only sneaking into the palace during the assassination attempt to steal a couple things during the confusion... yeah. It's safe to bet Heath would have made a Nils-Kabob.
Matthis syndrome.

I'm kind of hoping that'll happen with Caeda... mostly because the speed cap on draco-knights is their one weakness.
I have faith!

I did say some fates are worse than death.
Revelation being the worst.

Dead man gives his wife's son a post-term-abortion.
That sounds really weird.

It's an old joke relating to what happens to him halfway through the game (because the rule of Jagens is they fall off, and there's no steeper drop off than going from one of the strongest units in the series to a scripted death). Besides, if Mekkah's video ranking Jagens is correct, before FE 5 units received set exp per kill... meaning level didn't matter. Ergo pre-promotes got screwed over for the remakes in that sense. Then again, it's hard to argue they nerfed them... seeing as Jagen and Arran's growths were actually worse in FE1 and FE3.
I just realized that my Sigurd is about five points of speed cursed; he has a 35% growth and is now at level 30 and yet has only gotten speed twice.
Jagen went from 10% hp, strength skill and speed, and 0% luck and defense as well as 3% res in book 1 FE 3 (though not in FE1) to 40% hp, 20% strength and defense, 35% skill, 15% speed, and 30% luck (and a 0% in magic and res, which is pretty normal in SD) in his default class.

Arran's book 2 self had the 10% hp, strength, skill, and speed as well as 10% luck and defense and 3% res. New Mystery upped that to 40% hp, 15% strength, 25% skill, and 15% defense. They left the speed and luck at 10%, and actually dropped the 3% res. (This is all assuming base class).
DON'T USE THEM BAD GRHOATHS

The part where I fail:

Spoiler

I3PFORa.pngo9Rz7nY.pngWrVIZVV.pngPtLkPBZ.pngvGWhBp4.pngnDRDokq.pngwfSpdfw.png

84GmFAG.png

It's Louise!

m0fOlmm.pngoSvcRz0.pngczC5thh.pngB2KXPa6.pngGq4V6ut.pngRMUlZrS.png

I wonder what Pent was trying to find?

A7Xoc1Y.png

Then please do not steal all of my exp.

3FaAGK9.pngGlass the mercenary.

LZZ9C4m.pngHmph.

3FaAGK9.pngYour next job is-

LZZ9C4m.pngNEXT JOB?! We did what you asked! It cost us everything! We're done!

3FaAGK9.pngYour job is to aid Hector's army through this conflict. The conflict has yet to conclude. Now then-

LZZ9C4m.pngIT COST HELEN HER LIFE! Please...I just want to go home... I want to see Elen again...I want this nightmare to end...

3FaAGK9.pngWell, I'm sorry to hear that. However, your job as a mercenary is to fight and die for your employer. Therefore, head for the capital of Bern.

LZZ9C4m.pngYou....YOU...YOU...!

5RPLYTm.pngGlass, be quiet! What are we doing in Bern, sir?

3FaAGK9.pngWe need you to attack the Black Fang. Hector's army cannot do this alone. Intel suggests that their base is near the capital.

5RPLYTm.pngWill we recieve any assistance?

3FaAGK9.pngNo. Presumably, Hector's army shall assist you at some point.

LZZ9C4m.pngWe have to attack the black fang? With a force this small?!

3FaAGK9.pngCorrect.

LZZ9C4m.pngSO WE'RE CANNON FODDER, IS THAT IT?!

5RPLYTm.pngGlass! Zip it! It shall be done, sire.

azBJDpR.pngceVsoVz.png7KfipFo.pngOCOeOLE.png

I somehow forgot to take screenshots of all battle prep except for the bosses. Paul scares me. Jasmine looks like Florina food.

Anyways, really tight deployment today, and tons of mages, so Heath will not be going today. Don't worry, don't worry, he'll be seeing use, just not when there's tons of mages.

My goals today are:

Get the hero's crest

Get maybe the light brand

Ocean seal

Maybe find the body ring?

Don't lose anyone.

And my team has the lords, the pegasisters, Canas, Ninian and Wil.

Aight! Let's start the-

ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?! IT'S FOG OF WAR AND IT WASN'T SHOWN IN THE PREP SCREEN!

Well then. This just went from an easy support-building chapter to me risking losing someone bad.

5ED3mIp.png

Exp time.

5Ygvy1T.pngjj6sZa3.png

Fantastic start. If Pent dies, I am officially a madman. By the way, Pent one-rounds everything on the map, so if you see him get attacked, you know that he killed the enemy.

7PezmKo.png3HXOZrg.pngBCSmxXM.pngjAqB8xL.pngENkrCLY.pngmSjnRRK.pnghehr5cY.pngrCU94F7.png

Pent is so godly.

ppvlTVt.png

This is gonna be a long chapter...

Vi4rlFH.png

The reason I hesitate to promote Dart!

N24KPN4.png

Good unit. Really good unit. Never used him before, but he's got amazing stats in everything except for speed. His insane con allows him to use every axe unimpeded,(I think, he at least doesn't take a penalty from the brave axe) and he's a cheap unit to use; no investement required.

If Dart gets fast, he may be better than Hawkeye.Otherwise, he'll always be the inferior berserker.

Also, I just want to point out that Florina is stronger than Hawkeye.

KVRkKD7.png

Fair and balanced gameplay. Pent is one of the best units in the game. Free A-support with Louise, decent con, amazing bases, high weapon ranks, (Either a C or B in staves and an A in anima) he's set for life. The only mage who can really be better than him is Nino, and she requires a lot of investment and won't ever contribute as much to a run as Pent will.

YweQutL.png

I really hate fog of war. Like, everyone hates FE6's chapter 14, which is desert + fog + time limit! Why repeat it? AND WHY MAKE THE GAIDEN REQUIREMENT FOR 700 EXP WHEN PENT CAN QUITE LITERALLY END THE MAP IN A FEW TURNS?! It's a pseudo-time limit, really.

And I'm still mad about the game hiding the fog of war.

YweQutL.pngxu96Gas.pngUCWL2mE.pngYMxif27.pngiVnOtuh.png

We get rid of a pair of archers. And Wil actually one-rounded something!

00j3H05.pngaPkZKLo.png

Hawkeye will still my exp no more!

BywfC4A.pngxCUJFS7.png4mPZcHm.png

GOOD GOD, WHAT IS THAT BATTLE ANIMATION?! Does Dart use this animation? I may bench him...dear lord, this is terrifying! Also, dabbing is soooooo 2017, Hawkeye!

dOLu174.png3NnLmbY.png

We get our first Guiding ring next chapter, (well, in two maps because of the Gaiden) but I want to see some good levels from Canas before I promote him. I don't know who to promote! Agh!

taGHUaL.png

HOL UP THE BOSS MOVES?!

mIpcs9d.png

Fog of war is a good mechanic. FOG OF WAR IS A GOOD MECHANIC.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Qg2bGeJ.png

Good god...

Well, at least Wil was pretty bad. I'm still gonna miss him. He went down with really good stuff!

Dj5kWB0.pngoJmKwln.png

You will die.

Wjw6HOp.pngZETojQj.png

Ey. Eliwood got a level. Nice.

5E1oBNj.png

ug.

ZQLlL2z.png

Ehhh....I need that exp. Sorry, Hawkeye.

7akjFwz.png

He probably won't crit.

yicwlf3.pngh4bRlYk.png

That's fine.

NujPEZ4.pngnkDScFu.png

Oof.

P8Rgdlg.png

That's a lot of crit avoid. Wow.

YRZmjtP.pngoGmCkGq.pngYWAUOkT.png

No crit. That sucks.

cVtnbxL.png73zJPWm.png

Florina too buff. Oh well. It looks like I'll need a second attempt to finish the gaiden.

K4dr4Pq.pngmr0IpMb.png

Good riddance.

FTfhco4.pngC77rhgE.pngsAKv5gW.pngLDebQSn.pngIudcRCA.pngAEwyBPH.png

Toasting some mages.

oQP2mrx.pnglrlMFK0.pngg1KBIg6.png

Nice! Eliwood, you bring me a little bit of hope.

s1cI0Sa.png

AAAAAHHH! FOG OF WAR IS A GOOD MECHANIC!

PbOffs7.png

STOP!

Florina, I need you right now.

InrZMKx.png

Ugh. I forgive you.

G5mLDlu.png

I think this around the thirtieth enemy that Pent's killed.

vlOuxsK.pngmtGwOS0.png

More wyverns.

5LhFTs1.png

Another really good level.

1Mq06xK.pngRgTuJk9.png

Dang, Fiora's actually really good!

FGbwSEA.pngbzEaatz.png

Florina, if you die...

Q0D9ypV.png

Oy. Still, she's basically a swordmaster with her neutral 14 crit.

LSzTpI1.png1GMBu6S.pngd1MwFgI.png

Pretty well done, Lyn.

9nfDpwV.png3ntlvPr.png

Elibuff.

jm6XT6Q.png

Ah!

az2Hjbe.pngJVHG7gR.pngp6TKl1D.png

Angreliwood!

PoU8J3Q.png

FOG OF WAR IS A GOOD MECHANNICC

AbH004R.pngqHwiIfi.png

Nice.

Mq5iJ9f.png

Pent, you'd better not die.

LxJd1H2.png

Nice! We've cleared out the whole map, except for Jasmine and maybe some poor sap someone in the corner of the map. Time to dig up some stuff!

MEPMVdK.png

And it only took around fifteen turns.

NhPHkJP.png

Why is Ninian my most blessed unit? What is this?!

JlnhUqh.png

Nice, the B support!

Ch73Qmi.png

That's it for exp today, kids.

jtJ9Ftg.png

Nice! Hawkeye found the body ring. It'll make Florina all the more perfect.

lzsyYLo.png

What? Ok then. I thought that this was supposed to be the light brand.

PuHy2k2.png

And the now-useless hero crest was also located. Well, cash time.

B4S24IE.pngtzTV5dn.png

Nice, Hawkeye gets doubled.

KdwGE6x.png

Florina can Jeigan this for Fiora or something.

mdB5Ein.pngoNq3D2z.pngGwewDvP.png

1OWYAHm.png

Oof. Ooh! I can lure her in with Eliwood, who should chip Jasmine enough for Fiora!

DyDixIn.pngUpJP7ri.pngfpItMfX.pngJ2x6iU5.png

Very smooth.

rQnDtNA.png

Uh...

QGJLnRp.png

Uwee hee! Very good, Fiora! A tad weak, but great level!

zaVoUjM.png

Blast it all, I missed the gaiden!

Oohh...But I have an ideaaaaa!

Well, see you guys next time, where we'll be practicing Necromancy on Wil for the billionth time!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 2.

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x1

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

Oh shoot, forgot to mention this in the update and I can't edit it: I get to go backpacking this week! However, that means that I won't hae any wifi for a week, so it'll be good while until the next update. You'd all better have a great week while I'm not here!

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

I actually have no music most of the time, so I can't comment on a few themes. My least favorites thus far have been the Prologue's theme and somewhat chapter 2's theme.

I really like the prologue though. And Chapter 2 is pretty good! Maybe you got tired of it but I don't think I really could tbh.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Battle before Dawn was not easy for me at all, (prolly because Jaffar kept killing himself.) so it's sure to be a nightmare! I'm giving it one proper attempt before cheesing it.

Well to be honest, I also struggled on it before but now I really don't. My advice for you is to have battle formations where mounted units are at the front and foot units will stay behind to pick up the scraps. I reccomend going to the right because Nino and Ursula are there, so it will make that easier. Jaffar didn't kill himself for me though but that could just be luck. You may want to send a few dudes to the left to help him out. Make sure to have tons of javelins too because you need to rush through and can't afford to waste a player phase without using your full move. Also, watch MoogleBoss'  0% LTC on that chapter.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Fantastiq. That will be veree funn

Don't play it. There's no problem in it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

On my second attempt, yes. I do want to beat this game legitimately, but I suck, so a few edits to make life easier don't bother me too too much.

Well alright.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I'm somehow even worse at it than I am at FE. I like Sensei's theme.

Same here tbh. Sensei's theme is wonderful too.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I do sometimes get that sense. Then again, a lot of the highest difficulties give that vibe too. 3H Maddening, and for example.

Yeah, like FE12 is the only one with a very well playtested hard difficulty. Seriously even if you suck, just play FE12 Lunatic for a bit, it's pretty good.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

She kept coming close to dying. Seriously, nobody except for Hector could win; Even Oswin got destroyed because all of the bets were 820 at the lowest. I would have ground everyone up, but I kept losing money. And I didn't want to put Florina in because Swordmasters could one-shot her and Warriors scare me.

Swordmasters can one-shot her? Wow. Anyways, you can just enter and exit the arena on a same turn several times until you get a low cost.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I guess Nils had a sugar crash and Ninian thought it was a car, then.

To be fair though, I think what most likely happened was that Nils was still weak from giving his powers or whatever to Ninian.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

To be fair, he's been particularly bad in this run.

What am I saying? He's an archer. An archer with capped speed, skill and strength that joins early on still wouldn't be as good as No-Lyn mode Kent when he joins.

Powerful archers are actually a good concept. If you play a harder game, having a unit that can do some epic damage at range reliably is so good. But FE7 isn't one of those games. Oh and the Caelin Squad fricking sucks without Lyn. Florina has 9 base speed for example, and Lyn has 10. Sain actually gets doubled my a mercenary to the left, and Wil can't oneshot the pegasi even wit a steelbow.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

You already missed it because of the whole Legault fiasco. A chest has it there I'm sure, if not then it's somewhere else but you should have it by now.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

40's a bad number, actually. You expect it to be good, but it's really not that great.

EXACTLY! Anyone who has ever used Eliwood for a bit will know what 40% truly means!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I must read the pitfall wiki to undo the gain of this knowledge! I must relearn that the Black Knight is a bad unit because he has bad growths!

Do notice however, I am probably misremembering or did something wrong. That's probably why it didn't work for me.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I do get why they don't change the AI for Heath not to attack specific units, actually. I still like picking on the Matthis syndrome.

Yeah it's dumb lol. And in FEBuilder there is a way to change the AI, if you know some bit of coding you can make one of them be to not target certain units.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, if he'd had the movement range, I could have.

Ok, fine you win there.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

The archers next to those swordreaver blokes would have put a damper on Heath's training. And life.

Archers really don't do all that much. Still a bit but not too terribly much. When it comes to Vaida though, she just tanks those damn bows.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I think that we get the first heaven seal soon too. (Vaida's, I think.)

You do get it in that chapter.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

He does have good animations. I prefer his to Eirika's or Ephraim's. Actually, I do think that lord animations were overall better in this game. I'll give it that.

Well I like Ephraim's more tbh. His lance spin is fun.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

What do you mean by tags?

P*rn. Ugh yukie!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

He really isn't wrong, though.

Well I just didn't know you already got through chapter 5.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I honestly don't mind his bases being bad. He was just really boring to use in ENM. I sorta wish his speed was buffed to 45% and his base speed by one. That would go a fairly long way.

That one point in speed would be epic. +5% isn't too much but it's still cool I guess.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

From a steel bow, at least. He'd last quite a while against an iron bow. Well, he'd take damage equal to the enemies' strength. (12 effective mt -his 12 defense)

That is an interesting observation, atleast at base, Iron Bows would work like the Luna tome.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It's a reference to the...Belhalla Blowout, where Sigurd lost his fighting ability due to a wild party.

Yeah yeah. I just didn't think you were there yet.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I wonder what Pent was trying to find?

I always thought it was obviously the Heaven Seal, so I'm surprised a lot of people think it's such a massive plothole.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Anyways, really tight deployment today, and tons of mages, so Heath will not be going today.

To be fair, this is cool. I deployed him in this map and yeah it was really hard to make him do something.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Aight! Let's start the-

ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?! IT'S FOG OF WAR AND IT WASN'T SHOWN IN THE PREP SCREEN!

I think that if you're going to make a FoW chapter, that you should at least show the enemies a bit so you can somewhat plan around.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

N24KPN4.png

Good unit. Really good unit. Never used him before, but he's got amazing stats in everything except for speed. His insane con allows him to use every axe unimpeded,(I think, he at least doesn't take a penalty from the brave axe) and he's a cheap unit to use; no investement required.

I think the only thing he can't use without being weighed down is the Basilikos, but I think it doesn't. Also he has this big utility where he can easily 2RKO Lloyd with a Swordreaver at base, which is nice.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

(Either a C or B in staves and an A in anima)

He has A in both ranks actually. He really is broken.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Does Dart use this animation?

Nope he doesn't. He's been underwhelming thus far so don't feel bad about benching Dart.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

taGHUaL.png

HOL UP THE BOSS MOVES?!

mIpcs9d.png

Qg2bGeJ.png

Good god...

Well, at least Wil was pretty bad. I'm still gonna miss him. He went down with really good stuff!

Oh wow. I knew that he moved. I thought you did too... Benice, it's time you actually read the WoD guides!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

1Mq06xK.pngRgTuJk9.png

Dang, Fiora's actually really good!

I really like Fiora, however let's be fair here, because that guy has a Hammer lol.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

az2Hjbe.pngJVHG7gR.pngp6TKl1D.png

Angreliwood!

Hey it's that pose again!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

PoU8J3Q.png

FOG OF WAR IS A GOOD MECHANNICC

YIKES! I mean it could be very well implemented but FE7 doesn't do that.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Nice! Hawkeye found the body ring. It'll make Florina all the more perfect.

It's pretty good but it holds one disadvantage. It's not too glaring but Florina will not be able to rescue some heavy units now. The Formula for mounted aid depends on sex. For foot units it's just con - 1 but for male mounted units (includes fliers) it's 25 - con and for females it's 20 - con.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

1OWYAHm.png

Oof. Ooh! I can lure her in with Eliwood, who should chip Jasmine enough for Fiora!

Her? I mean I guess Jasmine is a woman's name and they do call each other dear but I always thought that was a joke and that they were like gay or sth.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

rQnDtNA.png

Uh...

Lost image of Benice (AKA My Dude) being stepped on Florina in his quarters. Colored. Circa 980.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, see you guys next time, where we'll be practicing Necromancy on Wil for the billionth time!

Oh no.... poor Wil will become Kishuna again (no pun intended).

Nino's replies*

Edited by This boi uses Nino

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

I liked the story a lot, but Alastor's write-ups made it look worse than FE7 in every way, so I wondered if nostalgia was blinding me.

A big part of it was that FE8 is still a plothole ridden mess if you analyze it deeply enough, but the blandula twins aren't as interesting, likable, or relatable as the Lords of FE7, which was the most redeeming thing about FE7, although a big part of that is the amazing way they present the story of FE7 given the limitations of the GBA. It had a lot of well used expressive faces, used their CG at the right moments to reinforce what emotions the heroes are feeling, and how they use the music (or lack thereof) to reinforce key scenes.

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

No-Lyn Kent will be lucky to survive his join chapter, which gives Rebecca a bit of a lead on him at least.

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

It was in the chest right at the start of chapter 20 (Dragon's Gate) that was probably never touched, even by the enemies.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Everyone says that Fe7 is just easy.

That is a bit deceptive. Mekkkah and Mangs had that whole discussion about ironmanning games, and they rightfully pointed out how bad FE7 is for ironmaning. Plus half of what makes FE7 easy is something you haven't been doing, and the other half is about to occur. What makes FE7 easy is giving your cavalry all the xp (and early promote one of Sain or Kent in Lyn Mode) with a convoy full of Javelins and Handaxes to enemy phase everything (with some healing support), and then wait until the game starts showering you in broken prepromotes to carry you through the rest of the game (speaking of which you should be getting Hawkeye this chapter).

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I somehow forgot to take screenshots of all battle prep except for the bosses. Paul scares me. Jasmine looks like Florina food.

Did you notice that they have an A support with each other? Its on the last page of their personal data. I think Llyod and Linus also have an A support with each other, and are the only other enemy units with a support...

Wait a minute, does Pent have an A support with Louise when he is a green unit? if so he may be the only green unit with a support in the game.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Fantastic start. If Pent dies, I am officially a madman. By the way, Pent one-rounds everything on the map, so if you see him get attacked, you know that he killed the enemy.

Yeah there is a non-zero chance of him dying, with no real way to prevent it...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

N24KPN4.png

He is really good, as most of the enemies in this game are slow, and he can use the peaks to get powerful buffs if you want to be crafty.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

KVRkKD7.png

Fair and balanced gameplay. Pent is one of the best units in the game. Free A-support with Louise, decent con, amazing bases, high weapon ranks, (Either a C or B in staves and an A in anima) he's set for life. The only mage who can really be better than him is Nino, and she requires a lot of investment and won't ever contribute as much to a run as Pent will.

How well Nino compares to Pent depends on how early Pent leaves. That may sound pessimistic and morbid, but I certainly lost Pent in my Ironman, and I was very glad I grinded Nino up enough in Night of Farewells for her to comfortably replace him.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

taGHUaL.png

HOL UP THE BOSS MOVES?!

Both of them do, and if you are trying to kite them around you need to be careful that you don't accidentally get them into support range of each other...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

mIpcs9d.png

Qg2bGeJ.png

Good god...

Oof, and just before Genesis where Snipers are actually useful.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

oGmCkGq.pngYWAUOkT.png

No crit. That sucks.

Just feel glad you didn't get the tiny gameover chance of him hitting.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Good luck, Genesis is a cruel, cruel trap that will wipe you at least once (without some blatant cheating or amazing luck).

3 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well to be honest, I also struggled on it before but now I really don't. My advice for you is to have battle formations where mounted units are at the front and foot units will stay behind to pick up the scraps. I reccomend going to the right because Nino and Ursula are there, so it will make that easier. Jaffar didn't kill himself for me though but that could just be luck. You may want to send a few dudes to the left to help him out.

That was basically the strategy I used on BBD on my successful ironman, and was going to suggest as well (although I sent nobody left, which does have the added benefit of never having to even see Maxime and his glitched stats).

3 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Yeah, like FE12 is the only one with a very well playtested hard difficulty. Seriously even if you suck, just play FE12 Lunatic for a bit, it's pretty good.

I think I will go through all the ones with hard modes for curiosity sake...

FE6 - Definitely not, I mean they let a major (but popular) glitch slip in

FE7 - Not enough...

FE8 - Maybe, but I don't think they made it hard enough even if you don't grind

FE9 - If you count the Japanese only Maniac mode then definitely not.

FE10 -...yeah no

FE11 - I don't think they even tested the early game on H5

FE12 - Clearly the best balanced set of hard modes the series has ever had.

FE13 - With the potentially broken combinations of random skills, definitely not.

FE14 - I think they did on Conquest and Birthright, but I don't think they designed Conquest Lunatic endgame to be beaten without losing units (although there are very specific unit builds that can avoid that anyway). Revelations has enough questionable design decisions that I am not sure they playtested the entire route even on normal mode.

FE15 - Oddly enough I think they tried, but they were intentionally following the design philosophy of Gaiden (as they changed the number and composition of units, and did so without significantly changing how any of the maps feel like to play), and tailored it towards a party that went out of its way to face the minimum number of dungeon and spawned encounters it could (which was something I got extremely close to doing during my extremely foolish but successful run to get the Blitzkreig achievement on hard), which makes it somewhat easy even if you aren't trying that hard to grind.

FE16 - I don't think they could thanks to the almost limitless customization of the players units, and because of that didn't think they even tried.

Spoiler

And is quite slow. 9 speed on top of a 40% growth...Well, it can be good. Florina is a testament to that with her 40% strength growth. However, Lyn and Wil prove exactly how bad 40% can go too. 40's a bad number, actually. You expect it to be good, but it's really not that great.

Growths are just a number's game after all,
Let the numbers falll.
Average is too low.
You lose.

My strats kind of warrant that. But Florina is so kind that she doesn't step on me!

Meanwhile, if Ruben's file names are anything to go by, it's the kind of treatment he wants.

Harken joins as a green unit? I thought he was red in Jerme's map. I at least recall him killing Isadora. And I'm not gonna lie, I really wanted to ressurect Isadora in the story so she could have a happy ending with Harken.

I thought we were talking about Jaffar...

That would require me to have played a Kid Icarus game, so probably not.

Right. Serra's personality is enough like Viridi's I totally forgot you weren't parodying her.

That sounds really weird.

I mean, it was supposed to sound like a supermarket tabloid headline. You know, those things that were basically clickbait before it got on the internet.

LZZ9C4m.pngIT COST HELEN HER LIFE! Please...I just want to go home... I want to see Elen again...I want this nightmare to end...

3FaAGK9.pngWell, I'm sorry to hear that. However, your job as a mercenary is to fight and die for your employer. Therefore, head for the capital of Bern.

Uther has less decorum than Hector all of a sudden.

Anyways, really tight deployment today, and tons of mages, so Heath will not be going today. Don't worry, don't worry, he'll be seeing use, just not when there's tons of mages.

Personally I'd have brought him... just on the grounds desert map where you want to work fast. Then again... I've never used Heath.. so you might be right.

4mPZcHm.png

GOOD GOD, WHAT IS THAT BATTLE ANIMATION?! Does Dart use this animation? I may bench him...dear lord, this is terrifying! Also, dabbing is soooooo 2017, Hawkeye!

Hawkeye notably has unique battle animations... kind of like the lords and Athos and Erga. No idea why.

Qg2bGeJ.png

Good god...

The lord's down. LP over.

zaVoUjM.png

Wil to live... restored.

15 hours ago, Pengaius said:

He Wil not be missed. 

Mostly because it looks like he Wil be back. Kind of makes me wonder... what if you did a "jello-man" run? Why jello-man? Polar opposite of iron man. Not only do you have to reset, any unit that dies is a permanent part of your team... in their current class (no promotion or reclassing).  If you end up with more "permanent units" than deployment slots for any reason (like FE12's Gaidens, FE7's endgame, etc)... you lose. Naturally, game overs are still a run ender.

15 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Her? I mean I guess Jasmine is a woman's name and they do call each other dear but I always thought that was a joke and that they were like gay or sth.

Did you just assume Jasmine's gender? (I know, couldn't resist joke)

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

FE11 - I don't think they even tested the early game on H5

I mean, the fact crits are flying full swing by chapter 1 with a very real (if unlikely) possibility of removing the only units with any durability before you've even got a healer or a vulnerary....

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Mostly because it looks like he Wil be back. Kind of makes me wonder... what if you did a "jello-man" run? Why jello-man? Polar opposite of iron man. Not only do you have to reset, any unit that dies is a permanent part of your team... in their current class (no promotion or reclassing).  If you end up with more "permanent units" than deployment slots for any reason (like FE12's Gaidens, FE7's endgame, etc)... you lose. Naturally, game overs are still a run ender.

Such a run would have issues in FE7 HHM thanks to that one chapter that lets you only deploy Hector and 1 other unit, and even in ENM its equivalent only has Eliwood and 4 others as deplorable, which is still not much wiggle room.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Such a run would have issues in FE7 HHM thanks to that one chapter that lets you only deploy Hector and 1 other unit, and even in ENM its equivalent only has Eliwood and 4 others as deplorable, which is still not much wiggle room.

Oh yeah. I forgot how harsh that one was on deployment slots for HHM. Then again given I considered the Eliwood equivalent. Oh boy. This game would be really rough attempting it because you'd lose with so much as 5 deaths in ENM, and even 2 in HHM unless exemptions were put in. In some ways that's crueler than an actual iron man here. Might be more manageable in Shadow Dragon or Sacred stones... but deployment slots in New Mystery Gaidens are also pretty harsh.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, Benice said:

Angree boi.

His insane con allows him to use every axe unimpeded

Devil axe has 18 wght I think. Bad unit.

Either a C or B in staves

Its an A in staves, and that is that. He is the Niime of FE7 but with amazing combat on top of it.

Nah, Dart gets the normal Zerker animation.

Qg2bGeJ.png

Good god...

Is he staying ded this time?

Florina too buff. Oh well. It looks like I'll need a second attempt to finish the gaiden.

I don't know if you want to do the gaiden. Without the restore staff, I'm not certain if it's possible on HHM because Kishuna leaves turn 5, and just leaves you in a maze full of 20 Sages and Druids straight from FE6, Berserk and Sleep staves included.

DAMMIT STAY DED YOU STUPID ARCHER.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:24 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Are you asking me specifically or just in general. Because I'm sorry to say that my eventual contribution to the screenshot cinematic universe will be something... unexpected which I have planned. 

Otherwise that run sounds kinda dull because certain chapters in some games have really small party sizes. Also nothing prevents lowmanning or general soloing. Perhaps have it so that the reset caused s cannot recruit anybody, rescue/take/drop or have any items. But they must be deployed if able. This would mean that you have to strategise around protecting a bunch of non-combatants on every map. Defense maps would be extra hell. 

6 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Are you asking me specifically or just in general. Because I'm sorry to say that my eventual contribution to the screenshot cinematic universe will be something... unexpected which I have planned. 

Otherwise that run sounds kinda dull because certain chapters in some games have really small party sizes. Also nothing prevents lowmanning or general soloing. Perhaps have it so that the reset caused s cannot recruit anybody, rescue/take/drop or have any items. But they must be deployed if able. This would mean that you have to strategise around protecting a bunch of non-combatants on every map. Defense maps would be extra hell. 

General thought rather than anything specific. Because I was randomly thinking of the concept of a run with increasing amounts of deadweight. See, the idea was to make a counterpoint to an Ironman where you tend to lose weaker units... with something where you get stuck with them.

Spoiler
On 6/26/2020 at 10:06 PM, Benice said:

I'm somehow even worse at it than I am at FE.

Don't feel too bad, same thing happens to me. I have no idea how people prevent endless stalemates in those games, because that seems to happen to me every time I give the series a shot. It's why I hate them.

Gringe for the win! This man deserves to live in a mansion!

Honestly, they all do. Gringe, Aethin, and all the others whose names escape me right now... it is thanks to them that we can enjoy these games to the fullest, and for free, too! They're the real heroes here.

Harken joins as a green unit?

If I recall correctly, he's undercover in the Black Fang, so he starts as an enemy.

Except probably with an underaged person instead.

Well, no, actually.

...Not in this case. The OG Nergal, though...

Not gonna lie, a lot of the old games have questionable design choices, acually.

Oh yeah, Genealogy's hair is a disaster. But I'll take it over the vomit-inducing armor designs in the modern games. Three Houses is slightly better than Fatesawakening, but still... ugh.

Cheatin' on Paramythis and Derrick and Sylvis again?

I like how you included Derrick in there. No, man. Derrick isn't my waifu, he's my hero.

84GmFAG.png

It's Louise!

m0fOlmm.png

Actually cool FE7 characters! Imagine that!

LZZ9C4m.pngWe have to attack the black fang? With a force this small?!

3FaAGK9.pngCorrect.

No, not cannon fodder. You are the canon. A glass cannon. Eh? Eh? Hweheheheheheheheh... Sorry.

Yeah, it's around this part of the game that the map design takes a dive. Surprise fog in the desert with a green unit to protect keep from stealing all the EXP, two powerful bosses with supports that move and rout as an objective? Now ain't that a recipe for the greatest of FE maps.

Pent is so godly.

FE7.txt

YweQutL.png

I really hate fog of war. Like, everyone hates FE6's chapter 14, which is desert + fog + time limit! Why repeat it? AND WHY MAKE THE GAIDEN REQUIREMENT FOR 700 EXP WHEN PENT CAN QUITE LITERALLY END THE MAP IN A FEW TURNS?! It's a pseudo-time limit, really.

You know, I'd call this one worse. At least in Arcadia you just have to head for the seize point and, well, seize. Here you have to go looking for every last little archer. Oh, and the berserker twins with a thousand crit arrive as reinforcements at the start of the map late enough that you should be far away.

Qg2bGeJ.png

Good god...

The meme has died to bad map design. Joy.

5E1oBNj.png

ug.

What's ugworthy about that? Speed!

7akjFwz.png

He probably won't crit.

That's the kind of mindset that kills units in ironman runs, you know.

rQnDtNA.png

Uh...

Best stereotype, right there.

Wil being the Faye of this game is fine by me.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:07 PM, Benice said:

Oh shoot, forgot to mention this in the update and I can't edit it: I get to go backpacking this week! However, that means that I won't hae any wifi for a week, so it'll be good while until the next update. You'd all better have a great week while I'm not here!

Have a good time! ...I say, far too late for you to read!

On 6/27/2020 at 3:24 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Meanwhile, if Ruben's file names are anything to go by, it's the kind of treatment he wants.

Yes.

...So says Ruben from the file naming room. Me? My only kink is good map design. Yeah. Totally.

54 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Because I'm sorry to say that my eventual contribution to the screenshot cinematic universe will be something... unexpected which I have planned. 

I can't wait to be the jerk in your thread, for a change.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't wait to be the jerk in your thread, for a change.

I'll be designating you the Punmaster General, when the time comes.