Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, Benice said:

It's Louise!

*happy twilit noises*

My goals today are:

Get the hero's crest

Get maybe the light brand

Ocean seal

Maybe find the body ring?

Don't lose anyone.

And my team has the lords, the pegasisters, Canas, Ninian and Wil.

Aight! Let's start the-

Maybe you should narrow it down to just not losing anyone. That's a safe bet. teehee! 👍

Fantastic start. If Pent dies, I am officially a madman. By the way, Pent one-rounds everything on the map, so if you see him get attacked, you know that he killed the enemy.

You can pretty much do nothing on ENM and Pent will destroy everyone. Must be some Pent-up rage that he wanted to let loose. :Pent:

The reason I hesitate to promote Dart!

Hawkeye's really one of the best units of the game and is more likely to be able to use Basilikos in the endgame before Hector would. Top tier in my book.

I really hate fog of war. Like, everyone hates FE6's chapter 14, which is desert + fog + time limit! Why repeat it? AND WHY MAKE THE GAIDEN REQUIREMENT FOR 700 EXP WHEN PENT CAN QUITE LITERALLY END THE MAP IN A FEW TURNS?! It's a pseudo-time limit, really.

tenor.gif

We get our first Guiding ring next chapter, (well, in two maps because of the Gaiden) but I want to see some good levels from Canas before I promote him. I don't know who to promote! Agh!

When I first played FE7, I actually had no idea what the guiding ring did so I happened to give it to Canas, giving him a promotion way earlier than I would have normally done for any of my units. I think he ended up being one of the worst units in that run because of that early promo.

HOL UP THE BOSS MOVES?!

Yes, yes he does. Even on ENM IIRC.

Good god...

Well, at least Wil was pretty bad. I'm still gonna miss him. He went down with really good stuff!

He Wil pass on to the afterlife satisfied that he served as best as he could.

Toasting some mages.

Mmmmm....toasting people. Sounds fun... latest?cb=20180411211251

Florina, if you die...

You'll still have the other 22 Florinas. You'll never be lonely.

Florina can Jeigan this for Fiora or something.

Never would've guessed a peg knight would Jagen anything.

Blast it all, I missed the gaiden!

Oohh...But I have an ideaaaaa!

giphy.gif

--------------

Sorry for the late reply, but it was another great update! Looking forward to the next one.

And you better use some of that necromancy on Helen! Glass and she deserve a happy ending!

18 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Maybe you should narrow it down to just not losing anyone. That's a safe bet. teehee! 👍

Remember, this is Benice we are talking about.

Yeah, but in HHM one actively pursues you.

Not for Sigurd I'd bet.

My dude saga, chapter 17: I have seen death's vistas and returned an even wiser, more beautiful man/I prefer Genesis the band to Genesis the map.

Missed me?

The riplise:

Spoiler
On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Pengaius said:

He Wil not be missed. 

Now, now! Be nice to Wil! He Wil be back!

On 6/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

I really like the prologue though. And Chapter 2 is pretty good! Maybe you got tired of it but I don't think I really could tbh.

Hao dare you have different tastes than me!

Well to be honest, I also struggled on it before but now I really don't. My advice for you is to have battle formations where mounted units are at the front and foot units will stay behind to pick up the scraps. I reccomend going to the right because Nino and Ursula are there, so it will make that easier. Jaffar didn't kill himself for me though but that could just be luck. You may want to send a few dudes to the left to help him out. Make sure to have tons of javelins too because you need to rush through and can't afford to waste a player phase without using your full move. Also, watch MoogleBoss'  0% LTC on that chapter.

Mounted units...

We...Uh...May have a slight problem there.

Don't play it. There's no problem in it

But the true ending!

Well alright.

I mean, there certainly hasn't been a shortage of deaths, right?

Same here tbh. Sensei's theme is wonderful too.

You can sensay that again!

Yeah, like FE12 is the only one with a very well playtested hard difficulty. Seriously even if you suck, just play FE12 Lunatic for a bit, it's pretty good.

Nah man, Reverse Lunatic is the only game mode hard enough for the likes of me.

Swordmasters can one-shot her? Wow. Anyways, you can just enter and exit the arena on a same turn several times until you get a low cost.

I have learned from FE6 that promoted units are never safe in the arena due to the higher caps and whatnot; a swordmaster may be able to crit Florina and even OHKO her with a crit.

And yep, I know. The game just kept giving me bets over 1000.

To be fair though, I think what most likely happened was that Nils was still weak from giving his powers or whatever to Ninian.

I still don't get why we can't move him...

Powerful archers are actually a good concept. If you play a harder game, having a unit that can do some epic damage at range reliably is so good. But FE7 isn't one of those games. Oh and the Caelin Squad fricking sucks without Lyn. Florina has 9 base speed for example, and Lyn has 10. Sain actually gets doubled my a mercenary to the left, and Wil can't oneshot the pegasi even wit a steelbow.

Nine base speed. Nine. Wow. That's not good.

You already missed it because of the whole Legault fiasco. A chest has it there I'm sure, if not then it's somewhere else but you should have it by now.

Ha! HaH! HAhHahAHAHahAHahAAaaAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EXACTLY! Anyone who has ever used Eliwood for a bit will know what 40% truly means!

40% is an F on a report card!

Do notice however, I am probably misremembering or did something wrong. That's probably why it didn't work for me.

Hopefully I pull through regardless of which map I get...

Yeah it's dumb lol. And in FEBuilder there is a way to change the AI, if you know some bit of coding you can make one of them be to not target certain units.

I most certainly wouldn't be able to do that since it actually requires knowledge of technology and whatnot.

Ok, fine you win there.

V'ctori!

Archers really don't do all that much. Still a bit but not too terribly much. When it comes to Vaida though, she just tanks those damn bows.

Oh yeah, she's actually gonna be amazing in HM because of the bonuses!

You do get it in that chapter.

Nice. I hope that Eliwood gets good promotion gains...

Well I like Ephraim's more tbh. His lance spin is fun.

True. I wonder if his animations will be better than Eliwood's promoted ones. I never actually saw them because my Eliwood was so bad that he got ORKO'd by most enemies by the time he promoted.

P*rn. Ugh yukie!

Success! My LP turns you on!

Well I just didn't know you already got through chapter 5.

I'm actually fairly certain that if you're on a FE forum, you know about the plot twist.

That one point in speed would be epic. +5% isn't too much but it's still cool I guess.

Anything to avoid the cursed 40% growth.

That is an interesting observation, atleast at base, Iron Bows would work like the Luna tome.

It can only go up from there!

Yeah yeah. I just didn't think you were there yet.

I appreciate the sentiment.

I always thought it was obviously the Heaven Seal, so I'm surprised a lot of people think it's such a massive plothole.

I suppose it could be. I mean, I don't think of it as a plothole, really. There's plenty of things to look for in the desert.

To be fair, this is cool. I deployed him in this map and yeah it was really hard to make him do something.

I will use him! That first level is a sign! I should be able to feed him a few kills in genesis.

I think that if you're going to make a FoW chapter, that you should at least show the enemies a bit so you can somewhat plan around.

I wish they'd have Nils say "A sandstorm is brewing! It'll make it hard to see!" in the prep screen, though.

I think the only thing he can't use without being weighed down is the Basilikos, but I think it doesn't. Also he has this big utility where he can easily 2RKO Lloyd with a Swordreaver at base, which is nice.

Nice.

He has A in both ranks actually. He really is broken.

This means...!

I COULD JUST USE THE WARP STAFF!

If I get it. Knowing how this run has gone, you need a thief to get it.

Nope he doesn't. He's been underwhelming thus far so don't feel bad about benching Dart.

I really want to use him! I may even give him Afa's drops!

Oh wow. I knew that he moved. I thought you did too... Benice, it's time you actually read the WoD guides!

Well, he was hidden by fog of war. I knew he moved

I really like Fiora, however let's be fair here, because that guy has a Hammer lol.

Well, I'm more happy about the damage output there.

Hey it's that pose again!

The "Elichad" pose.

YIKES! I mean it could be very well implemented but FE7 doesn't do that.

No, it hasn't yet. The problem is mostly that some maps are designed around being FoW, whereas I get the sense that several of these randomly had FoW thrown onto them to make it harder.

It's pretty good but it holds one disadvantage. It's not too glaring but Florina will not be able to rescue some heavy units now. The Formula for mounted aid depends on sex. For foot units it's just con - 1 but for male mounted units (includes fliers) it's 25 - con and for females it's 20 - con.

Huh, I suppose so. I mean, she's my best unit right now, so she probably won't be doing much Flier-Utility stuff.

Her? I mean I guess Jasmine is a woman's name and they do call each other dear but I always thought that was a joke and that they were like gay or sth.

Not too sure.

Lost image of Benice (AKA My Dude) being stepped on Florina in his quarters. Colored. Circa 980.

MY COVER'S BEEN BLOAN

Oh no.... poor Wil will become Kishuna again (no pun intended).

Kishuna Matata. It means Wil's dying for the rest of my days.

Nino's replies*

On 6/26/2020 at 7:41 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

A big part of it was that FE8 is still a plothole ridden mess if you analyze it deeply enough, but the blandula twins aren't as interesting, likable, or relatable as the Lords of FE7, which was the most redeeming thing about FE7, although a big part of that is the amazing way they present the story of FE7 given the limitations of the GBA. It had a lot of well used expressive faces, used their CG at the right moments to reinforce what emotions the heroes are feeling, and how they use the music (or lack thereof) to reinforce key scenes.

True enough.

No-Lyn Kent will be lucky to survive his join chapter, which gives Rebecca a bit of a lead on him at least.

Heck, anyone who survives the LP will be lucky to survive.

It was in the chest right at the start of chapter 20 (Dragon's Gate) that was probably never touched, even by the enemies.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAGH

That is a bit deceptive. Mekkkah and Mangs had that whole discussion about ironmanning games, and they rightfully pointed out how bad FE7 is for ironmaning. Plus half of what makes FE7 easy is something you haven't been doing, and the other half is about to occur. What makes FE7 easy is giving your cavalry all the xp (and early promote one of Sain or Kent in Lyn Mode) with a convoy full of Javelins and Handaxes to enemy phase everything (with some healing support), and then wait until the game starts showering you in broken prepromotes to carry you through the rest of the game (speaking of which you should be getting Hawkeye this chapter).

The sad part is that I thought that I could beat FE7 without using Pally Sain/Kent cheese.

Did you notice that they have an A support with each other? Its on the last page of their personal data. I think Llyod and Linus also have an A support with each other, and are the only other enemy units with a support...

Wait a minute, does Pent have an A support with Louise when he is a green unit? if so he may be the only green unit with a support in the game.

I did notice, but they're so far apart that I don't see how that would come into play. And yep, Pent is still married to Louise as a green unit.

Yeah there is a non-zero chance of him dying, with no real way to prevent it...

Map d'sign

He is really good, as most of the enemies in this game are slow, and he can use the peaks to get powerful buffs if you want to be crafty.

I'm gonna need him. His solid Res is also nice.

How well Nino compares to Pent depends on how early Pent leaves. That may sound pessimistic and morbid, but I certainly lost Pent in my Ironman, and I was very glad I grinded Nino up enough in Night of Farewells for her to comfortably replace him.

I'm using Nino regardless!

Both of them do, and if you are trying to kite them around you need to be careful that you don't accidentally get them into support range of each other...

Jasmine moves? Took me a really long time to find them.

Oof, and just before Genesis where Snipers are actually useful.

Yaeyers.

Just feel glad you didn't get the tiny gameover chance of him hitting.

I honestly wouldn't have cared that much. I mean, I was like three turns in, and it was brainless.

Good luck, Genesis is a cruel, cruel trap that will wipe you at least once (without some blatant cheating or amazing luck).

Fantastic. Maybe training Heath and Dart is out of the question, then.

That was basically the strategy I used on BBD on my successful ironman, and was going to suggest as well (although I sent nobody left, which does have the added benefit of never having to even see Maxime and his glitched stats).

Maxime has glitched stats?! Oh no...

I think I will go through all the ones with hard modes for curiosity sake...

FE6 - Definitely not, I mean they let a major (but popular) glitch slip in

Ah yes, good old HM bonuses. Although I'm so glad it was in. Fir and many others would be unusable.

...Unless you mean the Hugh glitch. I guess both are applicable.

FE7 - Not enough...

FE8 - Maybe, but I don't think they made it hard enough even if you don't grind

FE9 - If you count the Japanese only Maniac mode then definitely not.

FE10 -...yeah no

Is FE10 hard bad?

FE11 - I don't think they even tested the early game on H5

Breaking the weapons on enemies with a 3% crit is tested for shur!

FE12 - Clearly the best balanced set of hard modes the series has ever had.

FE13 - With the potentially broken combinations of random skills, definitely not.

FE14 - I think they did on Conquest and Birthright, but I don't think they designed Conquest Lunatic endgame to be beaten without losing units (although there are very specific unit builds that can avoid that anyway). Revelations has enough questionable design decisions that I am not sure they playtested the entire route even on normal mode.

FE15 - Oddly enough I think they tried, but they were intentionally following the design philosophy of Gaiden (as they changed the number and composition of units, and did so without significantly changing how any of the maps feel like to play), and tailored it towards a party that went out of its way to face the minimum number of dungeon and spawned encounters it could (which was something I got extremely close to doing during my extremely foolish but successful run to get the Blitzkreig achievement on hard), which makes it somewhat easy even if you aren't trying that hard to grind.

FE16 - I don't think they could thanks to the almost limitless customization of the players units, and because of that didn't think they even tried.

As Ruben knows and loves.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:24 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Growths are just a number's game after all,
Let the numbers falll.
Average is too low.
You lose.

This sounds depressing.

Meanwhile, if Ruben's file names are anything to go by, it's the kind of treatment he wants.

Ruben's in FE7 as a throwaway boss confirmed. That's why he hates FE7 so.

I thought we were talking about Jaffar...

Oh.

Right. Serra's personality is enough like Viridi's I totally forgot you weren't parodying her.

Sorry about that.

I mean, it was supposed to sound like a supermarket tabloid headline. You know, those things that were basically clickbait before it got on the internet.

It was very accurate.

Uther has less decorum than Hector all of a sudden.

Hector sapped all of his patience (?)

Personally I'd have brought him... just on the grounds desert map where you want to work fast. Then again... I've never used Heath.. so you might be right.

I don't trust myself to keep him alive with mages around. But really, he probably would have been fine. All of the mages attack Pent.

Hawkeye notably has unique battle animations... kind of like the lords and Athos and Erga. No idea why.

Why Hawkeye, of all people?

The lord's down. LP over.

That's why he's coming back!

Wil to live... restored.

Good. I can't kill off my readers!

Mostly because it looks like he Wil be back. Kind of makes me wonder... what if you did a "jello-man" run? Why jello-man? Polar opposite of iron man. Not only do you have to reset, any unit that dies is a permanent part of your team... in their current class (no promotion or reclassing).  If you end up with more "permanent units" than deployment slots for any reason (like FE12's Gaidens, FE7's endgame, etc)... you lose. Naturally, game overs are still a run ender.
That actually sounds pretty cool!

Did you just assume Jasmine's gender? (I know, couldn't resist joke)
Oof.

I mean, the fact crits are flying full swing by chapter 1 with a very real (if unlikely) possibility of removing the only units with any durability before you've even got a healer or a vulnerary....
Yeah, it wasn't well thought out. Neither were the bosses, though. Jikes.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:19 AM, Hello72207 said:

Angree boi.

Sharp Glass.

Devil axe has 18 wght I think. Bad unit.

Terrible. He digusts me beyond words.

Its an A in staves, and that is that. He is the Niime of FE7 but with amazing combat on top of it.

Bah! Niime is a more well-designed unit!

Nah, Dart gets the normal Zerker animation.

Thank heavens...

Is he staying ded this time?

I don't know if you want to do the gaiden. Without the restore staff, I'm not certain if it's possible on HHM because Kishuna leaves turn 5, and just leaves you in a maze full of 20 Sages and Druids straight from FE6, Berserk and Sleep staves included.

Scrantastic.

DAMMIT STAY DED YOU STUPID ARCHER.

Hey now, he needs to stay alive for Wolt to have a dad!

On 6/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, Pengaius said:

Are you asking me specifically or just in general. Because I'm sorry to say that my eventual contribution to the screenshot cinematic universe will be something... unexpected which I have planned. 

Looking forwards to it!

Otherwise that run sounds kinda dull because certain chapters in some games have really small party sizes. Also nothing prevents lowmanning or general soloing. Perhaps have it so that the reset caused s cannot recruit anybody, rescue/take/drop or have any items. But they must be deployed if able. This would mean that you have to strategise around protecting a bunch of non-combatants on every map. Defense maps would be extra hell. 

This is true.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Don't feel too bad, same thing happens to me. I have no idea how people prevent endless stalemates in those games, because that seems to happen to me every time I give the series a shot. It's why I hate them.

Oof. I don't have that problem, though. I just get wiped out.

Honestly, they all do. Gringe, Aethin, and all the others whose names escape me right now... it is thanks to them that we can enjoy these games to the fullest, and for free, too! They're the real heroes here.

The heroes we deserve?

If I recall correctly, he's undercover in the Black Fang, so he starts as an enemy.

Goodie, broken prepromote! He gets, like, 19 extra levels due to the fact that he's promoted, right?

Well, no, actually.

Wow, really? Kaga did something-

...Not in this case. The OG Nergal, though...

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh yeah, Genealogy's hair is a disaster. But I'll take it over the vomit-inducing armor designs in the modern games. Three Houses is slightly better than Fatesawakening, but still... ugh.

Haven't seen them yet, so I cannot comment.

I like how you included Derrick in there. No, man. Derrick isn't my waifu, he's my hero.

The way you're going with females in your run, he'll have to be both.

Actually cool FE7 characters! Imagine that!

You like Panto? Huh.

No, not cannon fodder. You are the canon. A glass cannon. Eh? Eh? Hweheheheheheheheh... Sorry.

Ugh!

Yeah, it's around this part of the game that the map design takes a dive. Surprise fog in the desert with a green unit to protect keep from stealing all the EXP, two powerful bosses with supports that move and rout as an objective? Now ain't that a recipe for the greatest of FE maps.

To be fair, the bosses aren't THAT scary. If they got in their support range, though...

And I have sort of noticed that. My opinion on the game is slowly dipping-There have been fun maps like Noble Lady of Caelin, The defense one where Isadora died, and more, but New Resolve and this one, not to mention Lloyd's FFA and Vaida's map and BBD and both Pale Flower of darknesses...

I've made myself depressed...

FE7.txt

Yep.

You know, I'd call this one worse. At least in Arcadia you just have to head for the seize point and, well, seize. Here you have to go looking for every last little archer. Oh, and the berserker twins with a thousand crit arrive as reinforcements at the start of the map late enough that you should be far away.

A veritable battle between bad maps...Having only played FE6 on normal mode, I somewhat lean to Arcadia. At least in that map there's difficulty.

Also, I like how you're excusing the berserkers despite losing Treck to them.

The meme has died to bad map design. Joy.

Cripes...

What's ugworthy about that? Speed!

But he already doubles everything!

That's the kind of mindset that kills units in ironman runs, you know.

I know, but I was two turns in, so a reset wouldn't have done anything.

Best stereotype, right there.

Honestly, I don't understand the zerker twins in FE6 either.

Wil being the Faye of this game is fine by me.

Good, because you'll be seeing him until endgame!

Have a good time! ...I say, far too late for you to read!

Why thank you! Yeah, it was lovely! The mountains are super pretty.

Well, lovely aside from the fact that we left 28 degrees and sunny and went into minus five, windy and hailing/snowing nonstop.

Yes.

...So says Ruben from the file naming room. Me? My only kink is good map design. Yeah. Totally.

Would Paramythis and Sylvis agree?

I can't wait to be the jerk in your thread, for a change.

Me too! Uweeheeheee!

On 7/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, twilitfalchion said:

*happy twilit noises*

Twilitfalchion is Mangs confirmed.

Sage advice. Which I should pay more attention to in the future.

You can pretty much do nothing on ENM and Pent will destroy everyone. Must be some Pent-up rage that he wanted to let loose. :Pent:

He does exactly the same thing in FE7.

Urgh, and I need him for this! I can't believe this run has reduced me to using edgelords and amazing units!

Hawkeye's really one of the best units of the game and is more likely to be able to use Basilikos in the endgame before Hector would. Top tier in my book.

Well, really close to top-tier. He isn't a paladin or Pent, so he might fall beneath the highest tier. But amazing nevertheless.

And I guess Hector has the Armads to use instead of Basilikos.

tenor.gif

I love FE6, but man, some if the maps are just bad. Although IMO 14x is waaaaaay worse.

And sadly, FE7 repeated the bad part of that map too. It did improve over FE6 slightly, though.

Also, I should give an honorable mention to FE7 being the first game to mostly omit ambush spawns. I like that.

When I first played FE7, I actually had no idea what the guiding ring did so I happened to give it to Canas, giving him a promotion way earlier than I would have normally done for any of my units. I think he ended up being one of the worst units in that run because of that early promo.

Really? That's actually kind of funny- Canas' promotions is amongst the best in the game-he effectively gets a +4 to speed.

Although I suppose if you late promoted everyone else, he would fall behind.

I still wasn't expecting a killer axe wielding warrior to show up from behind Fog of War. 

He Wil pass on to the afterlife satisfied that he served as best as he could.

Well, his average effort yields about five more points of speed...

Honestly, I want to shake Arvis' hand for the Belhalla massacre-Gen 2 would be boring with Sigurd around.

You'll still have the other 22 Florinas. You'll never be lonely.

But this one is my favorite! She's so buff...

Never would've guessed a peg knight would Jagen anything.

The things ironmans do...

giphy.gif

Ha! And so you should, my friend.

--------------

Sorry for the late reply, but it was another great update! Looking forward to the next one.

No need to apologize! Thank you!

And you better use some of that necromancy on Helen! Glass and she deserve a happy ending!

But Glass hasn't finished his edgelord phase yet!

On 7/5/2020 at 1:02 PM, Hello72207 said:

Remember, this is Benice we are talking about.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFF

Yeah, but in HHM one actively pursues you.

So I wasn't imagining it!

Not for Sigurd I'd bet.

Fun for me, and that's what matters!

...Right?

The Uhpdayt:

Spoiler

hGcUMnj.pngFinally out of that blasted desert! Now we can crush the Black Fang for once and for all! Eliwood, you remembered to buy the milk while we were in Nabata, right?

zRRVLZx.pngMilk?

3omEkAl.pngBack to Nabata we go...

I3PFORa.pngo9Rz7nY.pngWrVIZVV.pngPtLkPBZ.png

ab1wMWF.png

I don't remember why I took this screenshot. But let's all ogle at Florina's bonkers stats.

Since I actually know there will be Fog of War this time, I'll actually bring torches! Otherwise, same team as last time.

Now then, aside from needing some more milk, you may wonder what else I hope to accomplish in the Nabata Desert.

ihtaPiK.png

I'll let you guys guess what this will do.

UfCk7ER.pnggH7qRej.png

These screenshots kind of sum up the whole map.

XtjwAeZ.pngPkvBsfP.png

Oho! Nice crit!

VJHYj7l.png

Torch time.

bn4xR1k.pngj3DM8cx.png

Eliwood's come so far...Damaging an armor knight...He makes me feel proud!

LsqkmFc.png

I think this makes him faster than Lyn.

zsdVwKG.png

Speaking of Lyn, her supports are helping her avoid quite a lot, it seems.

H1K5cQX.png

Uh...

dlmQPHn.png

Oh... Probably okay? Please let there be no hidden archers....

cyfFJ95.png

Flying horse! Incredible! The nomad was so surprised that he missed!

61jDIwL.png

Hawkeye won't let me forget about his animations.

uTnMeNp.png

Yeah, let's not let Paul Paulverize one of my units.

bvH7PUq.png

Too bad.

DZJslv2.png

6Xso4HK.png

Take 2, everybody!

K8bRmKM.png

Wil, I'm gonna ask you to exit stage left.

8jrL0l8.png

If I can get rid of this nomad, I can use Florina to kill the boss...

nYxH932.pngojR2dcp.png

There we go.

5IAG0hm.png

Hmm... Maybe if I can get Hector into her support range?

3RUMWRu.png

Ooourghh...

I'm gonna do it!

SIgemm9.pngbda9Llt.png

Phew.

usLorZq.png

That's, like, two percent chance of death including Lyn's chance to kill? Eh, we're two turns in and haven't done anything. Why not?

7sAwfSs.png

No crit...

OOfyOdw.png

Nice.

3Gonao7.pngz5F8mGF.pngfk4seKl.png

Exceptionally well-timed crit, Lyn.

ACxLRMX.png

Good gravy, Lyn! Why?! Just why?!

Well, at least you're still faster than Eliwood.

PU8lT6S.png

Gah!

xOUBZsd.png

Why?! Stop abusing your superior movement, mages!

Yi4PkTD.pngIkXyFYX.pngQgMvKyF.png

Ugh...

pPlWqYX.png

Good enough, I guess.

Ie6jFVK.png

We'd best recruit him for good.

WPrI1zg.png

Zap!

KJINh9g.png

I much prefer the level you had in the previous update.

MpHmzJq.png

Alright, Dart! This is it, buddy! Show your worth! Show the world that there is merit to using you over Hawkeye! Or using you period!

hUVX9Fi.png

What...

What are your growth rates?!

SIXTY SPEED?! 6 0 S P E E D?! WHAT THE EVERLIVING- HOW CAN YOU HAVE POSSIBLY TURNED OUT THIS POORLY? OTHER THAN IN SKILL AND RES, YOUR GROWTHS ARE PHENOMENAL! YOU SHOULD BE A TERRIFYING MULTI-PHASE BEAST! WHY?!

1vQjleZ.png

Yay, pretty sparkles!

vkeOPx3.png

yay, we found the ocean seal! (The hero crest was added into Ninian's inventory)

AVvC6vH.png

yay, we found the body ring!

RWAlWzh.png

yay, we got the Fiora-Florina B support!

AaUGs10.png

And Filla's might! That's actually an awesome ring to have.

mVp1Iz3.png

Nice.

OTw9vxS.png

More funds!

QqDXdVm.png

Y'all ready for this?

KcNvKyd.png

Ninian is level one again! How did I manage this sorcery?!

Um, remind me to change her growth rates to zero after this map is done.

And I dance for thirty more turns just to make totally sure that we won't have to come back to this map again...

1OoPr0w.pngEZsKL6y.png

And locate Jasmine! I fully intend to get a level or two for dart from this.

YVfU4yk.png2sHIN7t.png

Noo! Pent! Stop it! Stop!

UO96fr7.png

Owie!

NO WAIT FLORINA KILLS-

NPPcZG3.pngZqT6Zln.pngpBcBuCZ.png

Oh, for-

Wait, Jasmine's not the last enemy alive?

[20 turns later]

GM4rOOq.png

Where the everliving heck is this infernal enemy?!

70IdarT.png

Finally!

Tcefzkr.png2Or27uI.png

Nice.

83dVcoo.png

Ooh, he targets Lyn and can't two-shot her when she's at max hp...

I see free exp!

u52esnN.png

LTC strats. And this is before I dodge-abused.

WWuUj3A.png

Oh cool, the Hector-Lyn B support!

eNGnipY.pngMCMVFuT.pngubTqO4l.png

Finally, we get a Lyn level!

c7Wkeb8.png

Oohoo! Nice! No strength, but really, unless you get strength in all of your next level ups and get plus three or more from promotion, you're a lost cause for anything but a support bot.

ryB4LfV.png1pjeDWk.png

Boom!

And that's-

OH MY GOD, THE MAP IS STILL GOING! And I can't even use my fliers to search because archer= maybe death!

pD2O9m6.pngAuMmiA6.png

You....YOU...!!

PREPARE TO DIE!

fp8S6JL.png

Good unit.

qPWYw8I.png

Good unit.

YKC88td.pnggcTz8hi.pngjfeLPdA.png

Nice, I guess.

jxRRuyp.pngiusqrNl.png

Which of these seems like a better idea?

CruLZyh.png

How to properly use the brave axe.png

MhxN0QL.png

Finally! Thank heavens!

K329Quu.png

This game is too self-aware.

YofCVrN.png

Huh. Well, given the amount of time I had to make this update, it was disappointingly short. Let's hit up Genesis today too!

RmvSltB.png

Yiss yiss! Although I wish you were allowed to save before starting the side quest lest you get softlocked...

8PFJLAJ.pngRcLC4ac.pngT6G8lYf.pngnP7CMuJ.pngJH9KHdj.png4FYN5S6.pngefYVxaI.pngWoYMqWd.png

Woah, Eliwood! Children are present! Watch your language!

sUqOZXi.pngPBBlBz9.png

Ea0BpJH.png2IPBgRE.pngVf0xry0.pngIAlKwkl.png

Oh? This wasn't in Eliwood normal, was it?

VJAVWTy.pngUj2c0Mn.pngsI5DYGO.pngIG82ZZT.pngfvLCPoN.pngHfNCF2E.pngzNkZqHG.pngmoyJ9Sz.png1lIOgpY.png

Oh right, Kishuna can feel emotions, apparently!

...Except they never did anything with this subplot at all. Maybe in Hector mode they will.

05zNYTq.png6E1xRPk.png

Not that it could damage much...

qlaMZFk.pngbfl0HzP.pngyTwo1On.pngzu5QA2J.png

Pent! And you're not even a tad worried about Louise! Why, Twilitfalchion would be a better husbando!

rLORUj5.png

I dunno man, it looks pretty cool.

U7RUAR3.png1tXMiU1.pngCGCWqgE.pngzMNfC9r.png

Can you sense Matthew? I really need a thief....

Anyways, there's not much else happening storywise, so I'll end the story with this:

Ry1cJzn.png

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

dKzWdkq.png

Lawl imagine having friends.

Wait...

Kishuna is Kiran?! HE SUMMONS FRIENDS TO FIGHT FOR HIM BUT CAN'T FIGHT!

x0ABiBI.png

rfSTIYa.pngi1tQGSo.png

G3R3OBS.png

Nice.

1dnR5I4.pngocdQanz.png8C8OTuK.pngpyzowrZ.pngvupr7i2.pngMiIfzEx.png

Nooo! nononoonononononononono! I want Pent! You stay back, Hawkeye!

flJjiw8.png

Well yeah, that's my whole job.

NTDyy6S.png7ck5Eyf.png

Cash and Constitution.

AS6f0Fr.pngU4bsObu.png

Oh no. Status staves too?

liCiDIk.png

'k, well,  this will work. I'll hide in the corner with everyone but Canas and maybe Florina and tank the magic that way! Not gonna bring Heath because I do not want him to die.

EG7UBp3.png

Here we go!

B1gSRmu.pngzHMzB54.png

Oh, are you actually serious? Spamming Luna druids, silence/sleep/berserker users with over 20 magic, and siege tomes weren't enough?!

Ugh...I regret this already.

vXlyHmY.png

Begone!

J6CpyPJ.pngnQ9anOA.png

And toast.

nGMDzYA.pnguJilJwe.pngjc6YYLJ.png

Ha! This druid won't Luna on me today!

Seriously though. What were they thinking when they put fixed 20 damage with 20 crit on enemies?

wQck1hy.png

Florina level!

JAJTKbT.png

OHOHOOHOOOOOOOOOO! YEEEESSSS!!!

1QdJ6R3.png

OHOHOOHOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

auR888Z.pngg0FEtbF.png

This map is going to be a fun time.

EI4tWkS.png

Oh my god...

sczbNCB.png

THIS GUY DOES 17 DAMAGE TO CANAS. WOW.

iwci0vl.png

Oh my god. These are two units with really high res. Even with the barrier they take 10 damage.

And why didn't they give us Pent in this chapter? He would have been really nice.

wVAqDoz.png

And Kishuna's stepped out.

5ab6rEi.png

Eliwood....

QV3hcE4.png

Ooof... Hawkeye has, like, eleven resistance. That's...Wow. This is not a well-designed map.

Crit, please?

mhrsbZA.png

Crud.

94WU6ds.pngfP6rHyo.png

Oy vey...

GrnxOQS.png

Stop! Stop at once!

SoThY1B.png

EEEEE

tIZfx6J.png

Frickin'...

aXoX0L3.png

GAAAAAAHHHHH!

Who designed this?! This is awful! This is worse than anything FE6 has, and FE6 has some bigtime BS!

ebd1sFC.png

Great. I think that this is a reset pictured.

ZoyuaWt.pngQRrNWvT.pngjg9ytWo.png

Nicely done!

UwQTxYZ.pngv3S4vc4.png

Florina Florinas this bishop.

YhxXvZJ.png

And great, reinforcements. Just what this chapter needed.

U6G9AXJ.png

There goes Merlinus again.

7lqSMG9.pngjFVORe0.png

AAAARGGHHH! Seriously, who could tank this?! Maybe a promoted Lucius...That's about it. Promoted Canas with a pure water might be okay...

GFif0zl.png

Urk!

0x0oof6.pngCwh4aF2.png

"I'VE BEEN DEFEATED, BUT I CAN'T FALL HERE. I MUST MAKE MY RETREAT!"

tAwBMMr.png

Good map design.

0jtzhs1.png

This is six damage with Ninis' grace, by the way.

Pq3BS9z.png

Florina's out of here, and I don't blame her.

74QmKgb.png

M A P  D E S I G N

Qrde0hw.png

M A P  D E S I G N

4T8C2JE.png

Please. Just end my suffering already.

vmZueuf.png

There we go.

Oh well, I'll just keep tryin-

ikGme7f.pngjIO2sYy.pngbkIETa3.pngBQfnouf.pngtCmPw0G.png2rMhWQS.pngsUcwQNY.png5zf9trW.pnghGk2cKN.pngDtaWe7B.pngnoigfG4.png

Well, if at first you don't succeed...

t9J394d.png

NO.

Urgh. There is no way I can beat this as it is. I suppose I can either take the "Wil is dead" timeline and skip the good ending, I could also opt to edit the rom again and either

• Delete all of the enemies except for Kishuna so the map ends when he leaves
  • Change most/all of the enemies to be physical so they don't OHKO Lyn
  • Get rid of the Lunas+Status staves+siege tomes so I don't get killed from across the map with no defense

So I guess I'll let you guys vote on that. Until next time, so long!

h99pFBl.pngOh great and wise Heydis, I have come to make a plea on behalf of a worthy mortal! Please, heed my call!

WBwyCB4.png...Bold of you to show your face here again, St. Elimine.

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 2

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 4

Lyn x 5

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 6

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x1

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 9

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

Missed me?

Yeah, I wanted to see an update for this so bad.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Mounted units...

We...Uh...May have a slight problem there.

Florina, Heath, Fiora and Promoted Eliwood are good options, heck early promote Eliwood to train his lance rank up a bit for that chapter, he already has D lances for Javelin but C is cool for reavers and killers I guess.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

But the true ending!

Look it up on Youtube! It's not super worthy, but I'll see how you manage.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Nine base speed. Nine. Wow. That's not good.

It's hella trash, but I also don't want to play Lyn mode because it's sloooooow.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Ha! HaH! HAhHahAHAHahAHahAAaaAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh shut it, look I lost Legault too and missed epic stuff I wish I had, like the barrier staff, but you're going through Genesis so you'll also get some cool treasu- oh nvm I'll shut up.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Oh yeah, she's actually gonna be amazing in HM because of the bonuses!

It's like 2 more points at most in some stats who cares lol. In FE7 HM bonuses don't scale up to where you are in the game, I mean level does slightly but every enemy gets 5 hidden levels to their stats, which basically means they get like 2 points or 5 at most in stats.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Success! My LP turns you on!

The contrary! Femdom and Mind Control tags are not my favorite!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I'm actually fairly certain that if you're on a FE forum, you know about the plot twist.

Well you did say you were playing blind so I took that to it's more extreme but safest interpretation.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It can only go up from there!

Well work like the Luna tome on someone with 12 def so... ok nvm. Look I just more easily calculate this by adding 6 to the atk value in the help screen or 12 if it's x3 effectiveness (with an iron bow)

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I wish they'd have Nils say "A sandstorm is brewing! It'll make it hard to see!" in the prep screen, though.

Oh yeah the fortune thing, I had forgotten about it lol, that's fair I guess.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

This means...!

Well...

Benice: AAAAAAAA-
Me: Shut up and listen, it's in the village in Cog of Destiny, I reccomend rushing left in that map anyways because of it but also more mobility and flexibility so it's not too big of a problem except for the fact it comes very late into the game.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I really want to use him! I may even give him Afa's drops!

+5% to everything is not that great if it were +10% then I would be pretty happy.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, he was hidden by fog of war. I knew he moved

Fair.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

No, it hasn't yet. The problem is mostly that some maps are designed around being FoW, whereas I get the sense that several of these randomly had FoW thrown onto them to make it harder.

And you would be right, this map is peepee poopoo and in lower difficulties (I don't remember anything about HNM tho) the fog isn't there.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Huh, I suppose so. I mean, she's my best unit right now, so she probably won't be doing much Flier-Utility stuff.

I dunno, I mean her stats are so high she can probably survive if she carries someone to do something, it may not be bad to do that.

hGcUMnj.pngFinally out of that blasted desert! Now we can crush the Black Fang for once and for all! Eliwood, you remembered to buy the milk while we were in Nabata, right?

zRRVLZx.pngMilk?

3omEkAl.pngBack to Nabata we go...

Hahahahaha lmao...

I3PFORa.pngo9Rz7nY.pngWrVIZVV.pngPtLkPBZ.png

Uhh... what's this narration doing here?

ihtaPiK.png

UfCk7ER.pnggH7qRej.png

These screenshots kind of sum up the whole map.

Oh you reset the chapter for genesis? Ok. Truthfully though I don't care too much,  have fun playing the game.

ACxLRMX.png

Oh lord, your Lyn is acting up like my Eliwood "He-haee gaeis, du yu want eich pee, lock and resistans?"

hUVX9Fi.png

What...

What are your growth rates?!

SIXTY SPEED?! 6 0 S P E E D?! WHAT THE EVERLIVING - HOW CAN YOU HAVE POSSIBLY TURNED OUT THIS POORLY? OTHER THAN IN SKILL AND RES, YOUR GROWTHS ARE PHENOMENAL! YOU SHOULD BE A TERRIFYING MULTI-PHASE BEAST! WHY?!

Oh god... yeah this is what I call the Rebecca curse, because my sweet cinnamon roll doesn't like getting SPEED despite having a 60% growth in it... like Matthe wih his 70% growth who only procced it once in his like 4 levels I gave him before I couldn't.

KcNvKyd.png

And I dance for thirty more turns just to make totally sure that we won't have to come back to this map again...

Did you promote her or something? How else do you achieve this in FEBuilder? Well whatever, fine I guess you want to play Genesis, but I'm warning ya, Genesis is CBT. Don't play that garbage.

u52esnN.png

LTC strats. And this is before I dodge-abused.

Wait you literally played for 100s of turns for... oh my god...

WoYMqWd.png

SMH my head Eliwood, SMH my head!

1lIOgpY.png

...Except they never did anything with this subplot at all. Maybe in Hector mode they will.

You're far too optimistic for when it comes to Hector Mode plot changes.

G3R3OBS.png

Nice.

Hector's brain shines here.

AS6f0Fr.pngU4bsObu.png

Oh no. Status staves too?

Welcome to mini- Cog of Destiny! If you think this is CBTW, wait until you get to those maps!

wQck1hy.png

Florina level!

JAJTKbT.png

I envy you!

1QdJ6R3.png

OHOHOOHOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Lyn was so scared her name became arabic.

5ab6rEi.png

Eliwood....

Did you expect anything? At range the sword divides your Strength by 2 and targets resistance is treated as light magic, which has a disadvantage against anima magic.

aXoX0L3.png

GAAAAAAHHHHH!

Who designed this?! This is awful! This is worse than anything FE6 has, and FE6 has some bigtime BS!

Intern-kun that's what. Actually no scratch that, they grabbed the chaddest man ever and told him "Please, in map design tell us how it feels to have your balls stepped on and squeezed" and he made this and said "That shit is stupid, this map is also stupid. I'm out"

Also, FE6 has some good maps, a lot of BS but some maps like Chapter 10B or 11A are very good.

GFif0zl.png

Urk!

0x0oof6.pngCwh4aF2.png

HAHAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHHGHGH!!1! I hate this map, seeing you play it makes my jimmies go ANGERY!

vmZueuf.png

There we go.

ikGme7f.pngjIO2sYy.pngbkIETa3.pngBQfnouf.pngtCmPw0G.png2rMhWQS.pngsUcwQNY.png5zf9trW.pnghGk2cKN.pngDtaWe7B.pngnoigfG4.png

Damn, and that Dart Blank level up is so sad man.

Urgh. There is no way I can beat this as it is. I suppose I can either take the "Wil is dead" timeline and skip the good ending, I could also opt to edit the rom again and either

• Get rid of the Lunas+Status staves+siege tomes so I don't get killed from across the map with no defense

There probably is, take advantage of Kishuna's movement pattern, and watch lapogne's LTC of this chapter.

h99pFBl.pngOh great and wise Heydis, I have come to make a plea on behalf of a worthy mortal! Please, heed my call!

Lol.

Also btw, I think you missed a comment of mine, but I tell you to watch a video, look a bit to like before this update, it's an important video with the timestamp provided so watch it.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Hey now, he needs to stay alive for Wolt to have a dad!

Fathers are overrated anyway.

ihtaPiK.png

is it a brave eclipse nosferatu iron axe? I yune randomized a game a few times with random weapon abilities and got that monstrosity.

1vQjleZ.png

Yay, pretty sparkles!

vkeOPx3.png

yay, we found the ocean seal! (The hero crest was added into Ninian's inventory)

AVvC6vH.png

yay, we found the body ring!

RWAlWzh.png

yay, we got the Fiora-Florina B support!

AaUGs10.png

And Filla's might! That's actually an awesome ring to have.

mVp1Iz3.png

Nice.

OTw9vxS.png

More funds!

QqDXdVm.png

Y'all ready for this?

KcNvKyd.png

What is this sorcery? Impossible.

fp8S6JL.png

Good unit.

I promise.

nGMDzYA.pnguJilJwe.pngjc6YYLJ.png

Seriously though. What were they thinking when they put fixed 20 damage with 20 crit on enemies?

It's called difficulty, my man. Gotta make it hard somehow.

And light magic reduces the damage by 1.

QV3hcE4.png

Ooof... Hawkeye has, like, eleven resistance. That's...Wow. This is not a well-designed map.

FE6.PNG

SUFFER MORE. That's how the saying goes right?

Wil x 2

5zf9trW.png

x3

bkIETa3.png

x4

47 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Or you can hack in another mine, and do that sorcery.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Lucky you, the Warp Staff is in a village, it just comes stupidly late...

Ah yes, good old HM bonuses. Although I'm so glad it was in. Fir and many others would be unusable.

...Unless you mean the Hugh glitch. I guess both are applicable.

I was talking about the HM bonuses, as the Hugh glitch was added by the translation patch. In fact I think there was some talk a little bit ago about trying to remove it from the patch...

Is FE10 hard bad?

FE10 has a very weird difficulty curve on all modes due to its multi-part structure tossing you brokenly good and barely usable units randomly, but HM is where the issues with the Dawn Brigade chapters are the most pronounced (especially the part 3 Dawn brigade chapters), plus it prevents you from checking enemy ranges which makes it annoying enough to play, that I doubt anyone was willing to play test it.

ihtaPiK.png

I am guessing it will reclass her to her base class so her level resets, and you can spend 70 turns ensuring you get the gaiden.

And locate Jasmine! I fully intend to get a level or two for dart from this.

YVfU4yk.png2sHIN7t.png

Noo! Pent! Stop it! Stop!

Oh my, you kited Jasmine close enough for Pent to attack him.

[20 turns later]

GM4rOOq.png

Some of the cavs must dropped into heal mode and got lost in the desert trying to find a way to reach that fort...

RmvSltB.png

Yiss yiss! Although I wish you were allowed to save before starting the side quest lest you get softlocked...

That is one of the realest concerns about Genesis

B1gSRmu.pngzHMzB54.png

Oh, are you actually serious? Spamming Luna druids, silence/sleep/berserker users with over 20 magic, and siege tomes weren't enough?!

aXoX0L3.png

GAAAAAAHHHHH!

Genesis is a nasty map, as you really want a healthy supply of Pure Waters stocked up, and you HAVE to make good use of those few turns of anti-magic to make it through.

0x0oof6.pngCwh4aF2.png

This is bad, Hawkeye is one of the best units you have right now, and if you have to leave him behind...

Time for the unconventional suggestion of use the Mine glitch. Its a lot like choice three, but you don't have to actually hack the game...

Lucius...Interesting Maneuver...

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

Spoiler

This means...!

It's in a village in the bottom left on Chapter 29. You know... the infamous Cog of Destiny.

Is FE10 hard bad?

Well, not only do you get half the Bexp, but they double dipped by making it half as effective. Also you're going to be hard pressed to have a good team on all three paths when the game forces you to that segment where you arrange your troops into three teams. Also the Dawn Brigade... well they're gonna have a rough time later on.

Breaking the weapons on enemies with a 3% crit is tested for shur!

I mean... that happened because the handaxe was down to it's last use. It's just happy coincidence it was a critical. Because Barst doesn't know the difference between a fighter and a berserker for some reason.

Ruben's in FE7 as a throwaway boss confirmed. That's why he hates FE7 so.

I thought he was in Archanea Saga actually. The one where they introduce Frost.

Sorry about that.

I mean, all you did was make her a Goddess and add mention of "Heydis". Next thing I know I'm thinking Kid Icarus Uprising. Serra for you.

Why Hawkeye, of all people?

I have no idea. It's truly a Mystery of the (Fire) Emblem series.

61jDIwL.png

Hawkeye won't let me forget about his animations.

Look. He's got a scythe. Hawkeye joins the spooky axemen club.

3Gonao7.pngz5F8mGF.pngfk4seKl.png

Exceptionally well-timed crit, Lyn.

Wait... they're brothers? I must have blocked that out, because that makes the whole relationship rather... ewww.
Also I can't believe that worked out either. Even if he had like... 5.95% chance of hitting Lyn with True Hit.

KcNvKyd.png

Huh. I didn't know you could promote dancers with a hero crest.

This map is evil. That is all.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, no, actually.

Wow, really? Kaga did something-

...Not in this case. The OG Nergal, though...

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is just the Kaga experience in a nutshell.

The way you're going with females in your run, he'll have to be both.

Don't say things like that, man. The day Sylvis dies is the day the LP dies. Okay, no, but expect a ton of salt - and I mean a ton. Waifu jokes aside, that woman is a wonderful unit, it'd hurt way too much to lose her and be forced to rely on... Ugh, Sherlock.

You like Panto? Huh.

Yeah, always were fond of Panto and his wife. Renault, too. Wallace's support with Lyn sells him as a character. Canas is obvious. That's my list of remarkable characters from FE7.

A veritable battle between bad maps...Having only played FE6 on normal mode, I somewhat lean to Arcadia. At least in that map there's difficulty.

Also, I like how you're excusing the berserkers despite losing Treck to them.

No, actually. Treck I lost to the devil axe berserker in the following map. I lost Echidna to the berserkers in Arcadia, and that was entirely my fault. I should've known better than to send a squishy who could die in one critical blow after them. Heck, there was no reason to stick around there beyond le experience. They start way back and way late, you can avoid them if you so desire. No such luck with these ones.

Would Paramythis and Sylvis agree?

Well... Uh... Leave me be!

Also, I should give an honorable mention to FE7 being the first game to mostly omit ambush spawns. I like that.

TearRing Saga. Yeah. I'm sorry, but... As always, TearRing Saga.

ihtaPiK.png

What even is going on in this run anymore. It's looking more and more like my FE6 Sacae run by the day. Calling it now, by the end of the LP you'll be playing a completely different game.

Ohhh, I see. That's how...

[20 turns later]

GM4rOOq.png

R O U T   I S   A   V E R Y   G O O D   O B J E C T I V E

RmvSltB.png

I mean, you can always keep two save files. Do the desert a third time, 'cause that's fun.

1lIOgpY.png

It serves to set up Renault's character, I guess.

Ah, Genesis. Another shining example of great map design by this game.

JAJTKbT.png

Bastard! Spare some stats for me!

This is not a well-designed map.

You know, it's been so many years since I last played FE7, but seeing this only reminds me of the reason why. God, what a game...

aXoX0L3.png

GAAAAAAHHHHH!

FE6 is a game with some shitters but mostly good or even great maps. FE7 is a game with decent maps and then some of the worst in the entire series.

Cwh4aF2.png

I don't even understand why half of these happen. People like Hawkeye and Bartre retreat because they have offspring in FE6... And yet Rebecca can die even though she's 100% Roy's wetnurse and Wolt's mother. Wha...?

vmZueuf.png

There we go.

t9J394d.png

NO.

Urgh. There is no way I can beat this as it is.

What were you thinking? This is Genesis.You don't even get anything cool out of Genesis! What in the world were you thinking!?

Fuck this map would be my vote. Thus, I'll pick the closest thing, which is to remove everyone. If you're going to cheat, let's at least penalize you by removing all the experience. Just so you don't feel as bad about cheating your way out of this hellhole of bad map design.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

On 7/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, Benice said:

zRRVLZx.pngMilk?

Milk? This again Eliwood?

Eliwood's come so far...Damaging an armor knight...He makes me feel proud!

He made a promise within himself that he Eliwould not fail you ever again.

Oh... Probably okay? Please let there be no hidden archers....

*RNGoddess glares at Benice for tempting fate*

If I can get rid of this nomad, I can use Florina to kill the boss...

4883lq.jpg

Because Lyn. That is all.

Alright, Dart! This is it, buddy! Show your worth! Show the world that there is merit to using you over Hawkeye! Or using you period!

There isn't.

[20 turns later]

maxresdefault.jpg

captain-america-language.gif

Not that it could damage much...

Watch it. Hector may not have brains, but he's got the muscle to squash you and take your 2322 Florinas.

Ah, yes. The tome I neither got nor used in my FE7 playthroughs.

FE6 has some bigtime BS!

Truth.

One of the best units in the game, squandered. How tragic.

ikGme7f.pngjIO2sYy.pngbkIETa3.pngBQfnouf.pngtCmPw0G.png2rMhWQS.pngsUcwQNY.png5zf9trW.pnghGk2cKN.pngDtaWe7B.png

Dark-Souls-Death-Everywhere-750x464.jpeg

t9J394d.png

Aaaaand your harem just got a bit smaller.

--------

I hate status staves, so begone with them.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:31 AM, Benice said:

Or, just hear me out, Give yourself an all stats capped Batta the Beast as a berserker with an unbreakable 1-3 range Killer Axe , who will only be used once and never again. 

Otherwise mine glitch

Edited by Pengaius

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

Or, just hear me out, Give yourself an all stats capped Batta the Beast as a berserker with an unbreakable 1-3 range Killer Axe , who will only be used once and never again. 

Otherwise mine glitch

9k.png

2Q.png

My dude saga, chapter 18: Well, the fliers start coming and they don't stop coming

Sorry about the slow update once more, but I had my hands full with the FE8 draft.

Anyways.

*Disclaimer* If I call the FE7 nomad Shin instead of Rath by accident, you can presume that I'm talking about Rath, not Shin. They are basically the same character and unit, so I get 'em mixed up a lot.

And they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming:

Spoiler
On 7/8/2020 at 10:09 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, I wanted to see an update for this so bad.

Oh, really? Thanks!

Florina, Heath, Fiora and Promoted Eliwood are good options, heck early promote Eliwood to train his lance rank up a bit for that chapter, he already has D lances for Javelin but C is cool for reavers and killers I guess.

Unless Heath gets a thicc ton of speed, he isn't going to be doing much in BBD. Not to mention that I fear that there will be mage spam in it...

Look it up on Youtube! It's not super worthy, but I'll see how you manage.

NO I WANT THE OG FE7 EXPERIENCE WHICH IS WHY I HACK IT TO CHANGE THE EXPERIENCE.

It's hella trash, but I also don't want to play Lyn mode because it's sloooooow.

I wish LHM was actually...Well...Fun? It could have been okay, I guess.

Oh shut it, look I lost Legault too and missed epic stuff I wish I had, like the barrier staff, but you're going through Genesis so you'll also get some cool treasu- oh nvm I'll shut up.

OOF

It's like 2 more points at most in some stats who cares lol. In FE7 HM bonuses don't scale up to where you are in the game, I mean level does slightly but every enemy gets 5 hidden levels to their stats, which basically means they get like 2 points or 5 at most in stats.

Ain't it ten for regular enemies and nineteen for promoted ones?

The contrary! Femdom and Mind Control tags are not my favorite!

Feels bad man.

Well you did say you were playing blind so I took that to it's more extreme but safest interpretation.

Fair enough.

Well work like the Luna tome on someone with 12 def so... ok nvm. Look I just more easily calculate this by adding 6 to the atk value in the help screen or 12 if it's x3 effectiveness (with an iron bow)

That works too.

Oh yeah the fortune thing, I had forgotten about it lol, that's fair I guess.

Intsys forgot about it too, I guess.

Well...

Benice: AAAAAAAA-
Me: Shut up and listen, it's in the village in Cog of Destiny, I reccomend rushing left in that map anyways because of it but also more mobility and flexibility so it's not too big of a problem except for the fact it comes very late into the game.

OH BOY, I LOVE IT WHEN I GET THE WARP STAFF AFTER NIGHT OF FAREWELLS, AKA WARPSKIP: THE CHAPTER

+5% to everything is not that great if it were +10% then I would be pretty happy.

Hey now, confidence is essential to performance! Even if the boost it gives is small, Dart still benefits from the placebo effect!

Fair.

The Benice is always right!

And you would be right, this map is peepee poopoo and in lower difficulties (I don't remember anything about HNM tho) the fog isn't there.

Somewhat of an improvement.

I dunno, I mean her stats are so high she can probably survive if she carries someone to do something, it may not be bad to do that.

That does not bode well for the difficulty of the game given that I don't think she's really speed blessed...

Hahahahaha lmao...

Eliwood is bigbrain jokes for the win!

Uhh... what's this narration doing here?

I didn't like the empty space I had there, 'k?

Oh you reset the chapter for genesis? Ok. Truthfully though I don't care too much,  have fun playing the game.

As I learned, Genesis and fun do not belong in the same sentence.

Oh lord, your Lyn is acting up like my Eliwood "He-haee gaeis, du yu want eich pee, lock and resistans?"

Why is Lyn in particular so prone to being strength screwed? She's so famous for it!

Oh god... yeah this is what I call the Rebecca curse, because my sweet cinnamon roll doesn't like getting SPEED despite having a 60% growth in it... like Matthe wih his 70% growth who only procced it once in his like 4 levels I gave him before I couldn't.

Who is Matthe?

Did you promote her or something? How else do you achieve this in FEBuilder? Well whatever, fine I guess you want to play Genesis, but I'm warning ya, Genesis is CBT. Don't play that garbage.

I just assigned a hero crest to promote dancer into dancer is all.

And too late nao!

Wait you literally played for 100s of turns for... oh my god...

Hey, it's only 1/11! It takes a while!

SMH my head Eliwood, SMH my head!

Rated M for mature.

You're far too optimistic for when it comes to Hector Mode plot changes.

Oh dear...

Hector's brain shines here.

Doesn't everyone think this when they sink through the sand into a temple?

Welcome to mini- Cog of Destiny! If you think this is CBTW, wait until you get to those maps!

I don't recall Cog being that bad...But don't tell me why it's bad! I want to cry when I discover it myself!

I envy you!

Florina makes everyone jealous.

Lyn was so scared her name became arabic.

Poor girl... Wishing she could have been from a different country's localisation to escape my strats...

Did you expect anything? At range the sword divides your Strength by 2 and targets resistance is treated as light magic, which has a disadvantage against anima magic.

OOOOOOOOOHHH...This explains much.

Intern-kun that's what. Actually no scratch that, they grabbed the chaddest man ever and told him "Please, in map design tell us how it feels to have your balls stepped on and squeezed" and he made this and said "That shit is stupid, this map is also stupid. I'm out"
Accurate.
Also, FE6 has some good maps, a lot of BS but some maps like Chapter 10B or 11A are very good.

Oh, totally. I'm just trying to make FE7 seem good.

HAHAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHHGHGH!!1! I hate this map, seeing you play it makes my jimmies go ANGERY!

Are your Jimmies going to go Neutron?

Damn, and that Dart Blank level up is so sad man.

Darting Blow-Unit takes penalty of -4 to all stats if unit initiates combat.

There probably is, take advantage of Kishuna's movement pattern, and watch lapogne's LTC of this chapter.

I may do that.

Lol.

Also btw, I think you missed a comment of mine, but I tell you to watch a video, look a bit to like before this update, it's an important video with the timestamp provided so watch it.

I did? Whoopsie-doodle.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:56 PM, Hello72207 said:

Fathers are overrated anyway.

FE.txt

is it a brave eclipse nosferatu iron axe? I yune randomized a game a few times with random weapon abilities and got that monstrosity.

Classic.

What is this sorcery? Impossible.

They called me a madman.

I promise.

Sounds like this will be a grind chapter, so he MAY have a chance.

It's called difficulty, my man. Gotta make it hard somehow.

I guess enemy quality is out of the question.

And light magic reduces the damage by 1.

WOah, we're saved!

Uh, has anyone seen Lucius anywhere?

FE6.PNG

kZ9DOjO.jpg

DISGUSTING! FE6 MAY DIP LOW SOMETIMES, BUT THEY NEVER LOCK YOU IN A ROOM WITH TWELVE STATUS STAVES AND FIXED 22+ DAMAGE AND TELL YOU TO HAVE FUN!

...And the status staff wielding enemies would have had 30 magic with larger staff ranges. Sheesh.

SUFFER MORE. That's how the saying goes right?

E

x3

x4

I don't really qualify these as deaths because, well, everyone died.

Or you can hack in another mine, and do that sorcery.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the mine glitch.

On 7/8/2020 at 11:33 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lucky you, the Warp Staff is in a village, it just comes stupidly late...

Hurrae

I was talking about the HM bonuses, as the Hugh glitch was added by the translation patch. In fact I think there was some talk a little bit ago about trying to remove it from the patch...

Ah yes. I still think that FE6 is still a better game for it. I hope that if it gets the Echoes treatment, they keep HM bonuses for most units. Milady doesn't need 'em, though.

FE10 has a very weird difficulty curve on all modes due to its multi-part structure tossing you brokenly good and barely usable units randomly, but HM is where the issues with the Dawn Brigade chapters are the most pronounced (especially the part 3 Dawn brigade chapters), plus it prevents you from checking enemy ranges which makes it annoying enough to play, that I doubt anyone was willing to play test it.

Bigbrain move, right there! Checking enemy ranges is unnecessary ennyways!

I am guessing it will reclass her to her base class so her level resets, and you can spend 70 turns ensuring you get the gaiden.

We have a winner!

Oh my, you kited Jasmine close enough for Pent to attack him.

Alas...

Some of the cavs must dropped into heal mode and got lost in the desert trying to find a way to reach that fort...

Why did they put cavaliers in a desert map?

That is one of the realest concerns about Genesis

I really should have saved onto another file...

Hah! Really accurate.

Genesis is a nasty map, as you really want a healthy supply of Pure Waters stocked up, and you HAVE to make good use of those few turns of anti-magic to make it through.

Welp. I have neither pure waters nor good strats.

This is bad, Hawkeye is one of the best units you have right now, and if you have to leave him behind...

Gr8

Time for the unconventional suggestion of use the Mine glitch. Its a lot like choice three, but you don't have to actually hack the game...

Ooh, good idea! I'll do that.

Lucius...Interesting Maneuver...

Gotta keep everyone on their toes...

On 7/8/2020 at 11:49 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

It's in a village in the bottom left on Chapter 29. You know... the infamous Cog of Destiny.

I like how 2/3 people have called Cog infamous.

But I want to find out why it's infamous by myself! I want to suffer!

Well, not only do you get half the Bexp, but they double dipped by making it half as effective. Also you're going to be hard pressed to have a good team on all three paths when the game forces you to that segment where you arrange your troops into three teams. Also the Dawn Brigade... well they're gonna have a rough time later on.

Half as effective?

Either it gives one and a half stats or just one. Narsty.

I mean... that happened because the handaxe was down to it's last use. It's just happy coincidence it was a critical. Because Barst doesn't know the difference between a fighter and a berserker for some reason.

1 in 160,000, eh? Impressive!

I thought he was in Archanea Saga actually. The one where they introduce Frost.

Hah! He's there too.

That's actually really funny, though.

I mean, all you did was make her a Goddess and add mention of "Heydis". Next thing I know I'm thinking Kid Icarus Uprising. Serra for you.

I guess it's an easy PITfall to stumble into...

I have no idea. It's truly a Mystery of the (Fire) Emblem series.

Maybe he's also in the MCU and just finished filming for Avengers 1 so he popped down to his resort in Nabata and joined Eliwood.

Look. He's got a scythe. Hawkeye joins the spooky axemen club.

BOOO! SPOOKY!

Wait... they're brothers? I must have blocked that out, because that makes the whole relationship rather... ewww.

Huh. I didn't know you could promote dancers with a hero crest.

Dragons work in mysterious ways.

This map is evil. That is all.
Correqt.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:24 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

This is just the Kaga experience in a nutshell.

My hope for humanity always Plum-mets when I play Kaga games.

Geddit? Plum? Y'know, the milk one?

I funny.

Don't say things like that, man. The day Sylvis dies is the day the LP dies. Okay, no, but expect a ton of salt - and I mean a ton. Waifu jokes aside, that woman is a wonderful unit, it'd hurt way too much to lose her and be forced to rely on... Ugh, Sherlock.

Ruben: Gameplay-wise, Sherlock is the Rutger of this game

Also Ruben: I can't give Sherlock a good weapon, because he always misses!

Seriously though, what makes Sherlock good? I don't see it. One-two and double shot take a tad to long to be reliable IMO. Sorta like how I rarely get to use Astra so I just save it for one or two enemies.

Yeah, always were fond of Panto and his wife. Renault, too. Wallace's support with Lyn sells him as a character. Canas is obvious. That's my list of remarkable characters from FE7.

AND FLORINA.

No, actually. Treck I lost to the devil axe berserker in the following map. I lost Echidna to the berserkers in Arcadia, and that was entirely my fault. I should've known better than to send a squishy who could die in one critical blow after them. Heck, there was no reason to stick around there beyond le experience. They start way back and way late, you can avoid them if you so desire. No such luck with these ones.

I mostly remember the salt around that time. And a pirate swimming up a waterfall to kill Sophia.

Well... Uh... Leave me be!

I see.

TearRing Saga. Yeah. I'm sorry, but... As always, TearRing Saga.

Of course.

What even is going on in this run anymore. It's looking more and more like my FE6 Sacae run by the day. Calling it now, by the end of the LP you'll be playing a completely different game.

We'll see what Battle Before Dawn does to me.

Ohhh, I see. That's how...

Never underestimate the power of FEBuilder!

R O U T   I S   A   V E R Y   G O O D   O B J E C T I V E

Totally! Best objecctife!

I mean, you can always keep two save files. Do the desert a third time, 'cause that's fun.

Oh boy! Funn!

It serves to set up Renault's character, I guess.

I like how he can't even get an A support in Eliwood mode.

Ah, Genesis. Another shining example of great map design by this game.

I'll try not to hold the whole game by its worst maps, though. Especially since this is optional.

Bastard! Spare some stats for me!

No, I don't think I will.

You know, it's been so many years since I last played FE7, but seeing this only reminds me of the reason why. God, what a game...

It hasn't been that bad yet...Sure, there's been the desert and the FoW poison flier spam, but overall it's been okay...

FE6 is a game with some shitters but mostly good or even great maps. FE7 is a game with decent maps and then some of the worst in the entire series.

I'm trying to make FE7 seem fun by thinking of the worst maps FE6 has to offer...

I don't even understand why half of these happen. People like Hawkeye and Bartre retreat because they have offspring in FE6... And yet Rebecca can die even though she's 100% Roy's wetnurse and Wolt's mother. Wha...?

They knew that Wolt is so bad that it actually wouldn't make a difference if he died?

What were you thinking? This is Genesis.You don't even get anything cool out of Genesis! What in the world were you thinking!?

I like the band! I get to have this song stuck in my head when I'm playing this chapter!

The only good part of this chapter. A song from the 80s saving a chapter from the 2000s...Who'd have thought?

Fuck this map would be my vote. Thus, I'll pick the closest thing, which is to remove everyone. If you're going to cheat, let's at least penalize you by removing all the experience. Just so you don't feel as bad about cheating your way out of this hellhole of bad map design.

Thank you for sparing me!

On 7/14/2020 at 6:37 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Milk? This again Eliwood?

Again?

He made a promise within himself that he Eliwould not fail you ever again.

We'll see about that...

*RNGoddess glares at Benice for tempting fate*

Uh...Blame Butterman! It's his fault!

4883lq.jpg

I counter your meme with my own!

iyBDkpJ.jpg

Because Lyn. That is all.

Yeah, honestly...

There isn't.

Oof. I mean, he should be absolutely terrifying...

maxresdefault.jpg

rout map.png

captain-america-language.gif

Correct.

Watch it. Hector may not have brains, but he's got the muscle to squash you and take your 2322 Florinas.

I dunno man, Florina has WTA, doubles Hector and is stronger...Not to mention that she'll keep getting better whereas Hector has, what, another nine maps before he can promote?

Ah, yes. The tome I neither got nor used in my FE7 playthroughs.

Feels bad man.

Truth.

I do somewhat think that this is worse, TBH. Ambush spawns suck, but so does locking someone in a room with many status staves with a force-deployed unit with no res.

One of the best units in the game, squandered. How tragic.

It's fine. Axes are bad in FE7 anyways! AHAHAHAH-

Dark-Souls-Death-Everywhere-750x464.jpeg

This LP.png

Aaaaand your harem just got a bit smaller.

--------

I hate status staves, so begone with them.

Really? I think it's like FoW-It can be done right but are seldom used that way.

12 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Oh my god, that would have been Glorious! Butterman, you have surpassed the mortal realm!

...Too bad I finished playing before I read this, but oh well.

Otherwise mine glitch

AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING:

Spoiler

LZZ9C4m.pngHmmph...

5RPLYTm.pngGlass. You've gotta snap out of it.

LZZ9C4m.png...

5RPLYTm.pngThink about those who love you and need you.

LZZ9C4m.pngWhy are you coming to me with inspirational quotes?

5RPLYTm.pngIt's been far too long since we've seen the Black Fang. We're in their heartland, yet they are nowhere to be seen. If you aren't thinking of battle on the battlefield, you will die.

LZZ9C4m.pngYes. I don't see the problem in that.

5RPLYTm.pngEnough! I will hear no more of such talk! I swore an oath many years ago that I would always make sure my comrades returned home to their families when times were rough-and also to prevent children from becoming orphans, stemming from my own past as one. I would have died many years ago if not for my commander saving me and returning my mind to the present. I want to pay it forward. I don't care what it takes, but you will make it home for Elen. I will not hear you utter such cruel words again. You are a parent, and you have to think bigger than yourself for once in your life! Your duty is to protect Elen-the whole reason all of us are here is to help you do that. You cannot fail with your allies at your back, as long as you believe in your cause.

LZZ9C4m.pngYes...You're right. I did this so that Elen could live in safety. It cost me everything.... but I must see this through to the end. I will never forget Helen...But I must not forget the rest of my comrades and family. I will survive this war! I will get stronger so I can protect my loved ones!

5RPLYTm.pngThat's the spirit! Now then, let's see how you fare in a sparring match against Jerrot. He'll certainly push you to your limits.

LZZ9C4m.pngWhatever it takes to protect Elen, I will do it.

It's time to Mine glitch the heqq outta here!

M284EqZ.png

I'll be bringing my scubs+Florina for Fiora's support and Ninian because dance. Too bad I put the mine on Heath instead of Hector, I'll have to wait till turn 2 now...

u8rdFuN.pngCflRXyp.png

Any hesitations I may have had about this plan have vanished.

diXCSac.png

WONderful! This shall be fun...

yHUr4Bh.png

What happens if Kishuna's been rescued during the turn he disappears? I fear that I'll break the game if I do that. So I won't.

Anyways. Not much happened because mine glitch removed all of the pesky Lunas and siege tomes and whatnot so the rest of the chapter was a walk in the park.

1UmQHgl.png

Also, that sniper scares me, so I had the hero rescues him.

sVuDkGJ.png

ELIMINE DAMMIT, DART!

5YUyftB.png

Thank you! Finally, he got speed! For the second time in six levels!

S5oA2iU.png

Y'know what, I don't mind this level that much. Strength is nice on her.

yPCsHkv.png

Very nice, very nice. I'm not sure there's a huge reason to promote Fiora given how 12-ish strength post-promotion isn't fantastic, but we'll see. If Heath can proc speed a few times today, he'll be promoting...I actually don't know when, but as soon as there's another Elysian whip/Master seal that doesn't have Canas' name on it.

yh9j7UQ.png

Heeaaath...

zG5q6PC.png

DAAAARRRT...

Seriously, these are Berwick-tier gains! And stats barely matter in Berwick!

WdT96pp.png

Nice! Very good.

mCefXqA.png

HEAAAAAATTHH!!!

YBWfPMw.png

THOU CREAM-FACED LOON! THOU CLAY-BRAINED GUTS! THOU KNOTTY-PATTED FOOL! YOU SCULLION! YOU RAMPALLION! BIOGAS!

UOC6nZB.png

WHAT THE HECK?! IS THIS PUNISHMENT FOR ABUSING A GLITCH?

zvAzbbj.png

Good ol' Fiora.

hQk1wY3.png

Perfect level. 10/10. Do this three more times and I'm a happy man.

dpGGTQW.png

BOOOO! BAWDY BEEF-WITTED BARNACLE!

Well, to make me feel better, let's finish off the Fiora-Florina support!

FjGVCvD.pngauc8Bmh.pngTmTTNJ5.pngPKvLJiI.png1qW6YIc.pngyRCFWjr.pngjKcmwXb.pngSZgJcuM.png

Fiora looks kinda skeptical about that. Don't worry, Florina! I'll always be by your side even if Fiora can't!

Bhermc8.png7n551TZ.pngz4gz9S3.pngBSqSGnk.pngbmBb18i.pngMDh688A.pngIOo4y7Z.pngqqj2qeo.pngTxpnp21.png

Oh no, the Sister Gaze of Death! Abort! Abort!

PZkPbgo.pngjPLujlk.png5gDnFOC.pngBs5SIPv.pngBv3jeC4.pngWBTM7GW.pngEo8dqQ6.pngpA4tFPg.pngtWDvdHk.png

Ooh! I wonder what words of wisdom she has to say? Live free? Don't die? Maybe even Stay with My dude?

C0x5ytz.pngqii7SvF.pngEuJKDpr.png

Yoinks. Wowzers. That's...Uh...Wow.

PuyJQiW.pngFl2dNg1.pngx21q1gz.pnggAczsqB.pngPnZHPmZ.png

Wowie. That's an interesting moral code you've got there, Fiora.

That was a nice interlude. Now, back to our regularly scheduled "Dart and Heath continually disappoint My dude" show.

PqVQmsm.png

I take it back! Lovely! Beautiful! Perfecto!

WxcglQf.png

Heath, on the other hand, has not bucked the trend.

EnLy57g.png

Bleh. I pray that he gets a decent bonus to speed from promotion...

FMIf3OL.png

Well, on the bright side for Dart, he's already faster and stronger than Hawkeye. If he gets a bonus to speed and defense, he'll probably be one-rounding things Hawkeye can't.

Buuuut it's FE7 so he'll probably get +2 to hp and res.

dg8sJwY.pngy7HEwPH.png

I will be-e dis ap poin ted...

AS9LJ6x.png

OH MY GOD! Wow, those are actually some good gains! 13 speed is JUUUUSST good enough to double most enemies, I think.

1wkVpVr.pngnkC0Bxt.png

Dang. Aside from in bulk, Dart's way better!

sk2eIiX.png

And we are done here!

3DQfIOA.pngwbaQ9Eb.pngx8qcc4z.pngOjBtDcM.png

Mystery 100. 10/10 more mysterous than the mystery of the emblem.

LKrIzRc.pngObabu7d.pngBRHgbUo.pngR5GTjHv.png

Woah, this guy is basically Mekkah! Revealing Pitfalls before anyone else thinks to do so!

Anyways, we're on our way to Bern! Bye, Arcadia! Glad there's no more fog of war maps awaiting me if I go back!

LyISHtn.pngYah!

M91Ve7Z.pngHup!

LyISHtn.pngNot a chance!

M91Ve7Z.pngOh really? Well, what if I did THIS?

LyISHtn.pngUh...Well. I suppose you won...Again.

M91Ve7Z.pngTeehee! Don't worry about it! You've gotten a lot stronger since we started sparring!

LyISHtn.pngIt's getting dark, though. We should probably head back soon.

M91Ve7Z.pngYep! But c'mon, we've got a great view of the sunset from over here!

LyISHtn.pngAll right...

M91Ve7Z.pngAahh! It's so pretty here! This makes me feel alive!

LyISHtn.pngIt really is stunning...Bern truly is lovely.

M91Ve7Z.pngEr...Say, Marlowe. So, uh, remember what happened back on the dread isle when we went on the rescue mission?

LyISHtn.pngThe what? Ooohh...That.

M91Ve7Z.pngW-well, I was thinking, since, y'know, life is short and all, if you'd consider, well, y'know, uh...we could, erm, form a relationship in which that kind of expression of our feelings is, well, normal?

LyISHtn.pngI don't know, can you put that sentence into three words?

M91Ve7Z.pngWhy, you little...! Fine, if that's how it's gonna be! I love you! I want to spend my life riding alongside you!

LyISHtn.pngWell, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel the same way towards you... I love you so much, Swift. Everything about you...

M91Ve7Z.pngOh, phew! It's official! We're an item! ...It'd be a shame to let this romantic sundown pass without a quick kiss, wouldn't it?

Lj5P3ab.pngI suppose it would, but there's a more important matter than your little romance to be discussed.

LyISHtn.pngBWAGH! Who-who the heck are you?!

Lj5P3ab.pngIn three days, at high noon, a platoon of wyvern riders will attack from the north...One hour after that, cavaliers from the southwest will flood the valley. The Fang hunts you. Beware...

M91Ve7Z.pngHey, get back here! You can't just-Annnnd they're gone.

LyISHtn.pngIs the kiss still up for grabs?

M91Ve7Z.pngOf course! But we'd also better get back to camp to report this rather suspicous event...

9DB80oa.pngq1eE3Sp.pngFE62K7h.pngY4BBjTO.png

Too bad the royal family is comprised of bigots...

f1FVKyr.pngGQhUhp5.pngMTzztVy.png

*Gasp!* Do we get the famous "We need disguises" scene now?!

BLOTtzl.png

....Wowie, that's a lot of text. 157 screenshots of just talking. I shall summarize for you what I have seen:

UQQYvUg.pngUrbxScs.pngHr9QPmv.pngn41B3gO.png

There we go. And I didn't even get to see the disguises scene...

And wait, why is budget Glass here?! Begone! Don't even think of stealing Helen!

Br4MVXo.png90crMwI.png

Oh cool, you can look at shops from the prep screen! Who knew.

1dyBKpO.png

NiCe

uILjGi2.png4MlRntn.png

This guy's pretty tough! Hopefully he won't move before I get into his range.

Uhh...Why is Geitz not on the map? Oh well, he must be a reinforcement.

lkT2USm.png

I forgot to give Afa's drops to somebody. Haven't really decided yet-Maybe Eliwood?

pzOimkP.pngM6yEqor.png

Oh hi Mark.

AbApwi3.png

Ooh, lovely! Very solid all around. 14 should be enough to double, and a B in both axes and bows gives him a vast array of weapons. And he's a warrior, which means he has cool animations.

IY4IREr.png

First off, I do something that's probably a bad idea. You know, I could also have given it to Rath given that Rath's got lots of ground to make up to be good.

7VzEMfQ.pngcc0hBEp.png

Hello there, Mr. Edgelord and Mrs. Do my best!

ral4xjl.png

Meh...I'll wait to see if I can take this guy out later.

tFZCNgM.pngyRJeu1j.png

Falling off? What's that?

v384rp9.png

Nope!

oYTGbMn.png

Heath, you'd better proc speed a whole lot today...

jngxH8f.png

Nice, nice.

QAQix9x.png

ERGH! Like, fine, 15 strength and 13 defense is nice! But nine speed ain't cuttin' it!

Jeez, unless I get a few speedwings real soon, Heath won't be seeing x2 in his battle forecasts unless it's against him...

kkoUpBx.png66vP2FL.png

Aha!

BtOFqCM.png

Lovely!

u4k6DOb.pngYt4YGFL.png

S in lances!

HgCTeT4.png

The bow unit who is technically still worse than Wil can do something!

bHk7EsZ.png

Thank you, sir!

jSsgBa4.png

Why not? Maybe Lyn can even get a kill here...

BK1MntL.png

Is Eliwood a good Jagen?

gp151hn.png

Good enough, I suppose.

3QT0Kyp.pngNKGEZcI.pngVneWsoT.pngKBtUE2r.png

Perfect!

CQFF1Kg.pngrjO13Tb.pngNN0FkUR.png

PERFECT

mewv9Ai.png

Oh goody, because Lyn didn't crit, the poor remaining merc has to have a go at Oswin. Got lucky there!

4LnfjwD.png

Time for Dart's trial by fire! Er...Wyvern!

WQx4cr5.pngZbIKOEA.png

Excellent start, my man!

YZz1nPN.pngHLbmKZB.pngbQKPXlB.pngO1F4Dtq.png

The meme making himself useful, Shin chipping for the exp, Eliwood tries to impress Lyn and Ninian.

vGD8w3i.pngfPpnCNt.png

And Florina Florinas.

ZzJUmSn.pngimgNocL.png

Apparently, I get a master seal this chapter, so I'll see if I can get a few more levels into Canas because I am not going another chapter without a staffbot!

Also he'll make arena abusing this chapter easier.

XEQ9Kbn.pngRVPllnv.png

At least Heath does well against the mercs. Maybe he'll become a flying armor knight! He'll need a lot more punch before he can actually do well, but eh. I suppose I should use him as the almighty Ping says he's good.

tGawFH5.png

Hoo hoo hoo hoooo! He's quadding with a brave axe! I'm so proud! He's actually being good!

Bkcnm9b.pngt6DRGWA.pngDhsIROK.pngNKCmc8T.png

Ow...

CFJyi8J.pngVvrVy4j.png

Why is Oswin a better Jagen than Marcus even though he's unpromoted?

...Then again, he does have four move.

bMmM9NV.pngywQA5Ib.pngIBI5Aiw.png5vNVx2h.pngBngn0dN.pngaowgglO.png

Attacking Oswin isn't a good idea.

z0tFvGS.pngGv1kxq7.png

Oh boy.

rLDluPe.pngHYGVcoB.png

Oh noes three damage.

RXPRVt4.pngebv8xQr.png4d0u8rU.png

Zoinks! Nice dodging.

ugKTDxs.pngUmVc3W4.png

Wil humiliates this wyvern by not only doubling him but critting too.

hAGFyFl.pngegMVLXD.png

Nice! The Light Brand hit res, so he does a number to these blokes!

EXLv6p9.png6fgtUUS.pngsO76dj2.pngmNkv26o.pngiv3E12B.png87RbNCN.pnglnzEXde.pngste9Iqa.png

Let's quickly finish up these guys over here. There's a bolting sage who still ain't close to hitting anybody, but I'll probably forget 'im later and lose somebody because of it.

aA2ltpw.png

Also, Shin gets this not too shabby level.

E8W4kVQ.pngFKTIX88.png1b2HjHk.pngGiNqlhI.png

Hector falling off, Heath trying to catch up.

v7LST0S.pngb3s1yhe.png

SMH Florina! Falling off already! Just kidding, you're fantastic. And especially cute during your travels to Lazberia.

XmGRUWL.png1Rbijfm.png8GAdOg2.png

This hero needs to die, so time for Oswin to tank.

QBXB2Wy.png

What? But bolting only has ten range, and-

THE BOLTING SAGE MOVES?! WHAT THE HECK?! WHY?! A 31-ATTACK POWER SAGE WITH SIXTEEN SPACES WHERE HE CAN REACH?!

gG3GLPa.pnggjUlfGg.png

Ugh... Well, I'm in a bad mood, so I'd best finish off this map quickly so I can get to arena abuse faster.

ppONyVD.pnggMKwSkB.png

Perfectly chipped down for Rath!

...Nevermind, he doesn't do anything!

NkL4WBW.png

RIP my exp...

IcclCH1.png

Oh shoot... The bolting sage's range is basically the whole half of the map...

oyXMpTE.png

OSWIN, GET OUT!

DkZGvfJ.png

You, sir, need to die.

Cvwvwef.png

And there's now a ton of enemies surrounding that bolting sage to the point that even Florina would quite probably die. But I think Oswin got away...

oG0KTGv.png

Yeeaaaahh, the sage ain't dying this turn. But someone on my side is!

M0YOcaf.png

But because our lad who utilises Nino would kill me if Heath died, it won't be him.

GqfGeVs.png

Hecotr tmie.

weM2w7Q.png

Yuy.

ELoXJiG.pngh4TmAzb.png

Ahh, whatever. Good job, Hector.

WoUHnZY.png

GOD FRICKING DAMMIT! NO! SCREW THIS MAP! WHY IS THERE A MOVING BOLTING SAGE?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHH!

7p8qvca.png

I AGREE OSWIN.

HAHAHA! THE RUN IS CRASHING AND BURNING! OUR BEST TANK DIED!

OH GOODY MORE FLIERS JUST WHAT I WANTED.

NhwoRQE.png

DIE, YOU MALEVOLENT CUR!

EmjEXmh.png

SERVES YOU RIGHT!

9isYTVp.png

ovDU97R.png

Eliwood, if you miss this...

DIcXqLI.png

Highly dynamic screenshot.

vfLtun9.pngnHZKSvt.png

Dye. I refuse to lose anybody else this map.

BX7952b.pngf40V61J.png2HvmyyI.pngeAQIzAX.pngnpfN7Bd.png

Well, it looks like we're fine for that side of the map.

CpXykD3.png

If Florina died this turn, that would just be perfect, wouldn't it?

7QZra2P.pngNLU5Fay.png

I'm not even ashamed of using super dancer Ninian anymore. She's the new meme of the run AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

TkW9JPl.pngBKgMMAI.png

Wait, why are all of the pirates going south? There's nobody there for them to-

s0boTLD.png

What?! WHAT?! Linus literally says that they're fighting so that the citizens don't get hurt?!

UrbxScs.pngHr9QPmv.png

LINUS, YOU ARE EITHER CORRUPT OR INCOMPETENT OR BOTH! AND WHY EVEN HAVE THIS LINE OF DIALOGUE IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE ENEMIES DESTROY VILLAGES?! I mean, unless it's to show how bad the Black Fang is...But no, that can't be it! This is the chapter where Eliwood talks about how the Black fang isn't evil and how they just want to protecc the citizens!

REEEEEEEE

And wait...This is the map where I get the Master Seal...

Please don't tell me that this was the Master seal village...

Well, you know what time it is, now that I've failed every single side objective!

xNQHpEb.pngJtjHdmE.png98u81HT.pngDrx51d7.png

2c52LN2.pngnGkGv7a.pngRkylZ0a.pngTCiIWyh.png24OobwK.png

Consider every last one of them killed.

mAlIpdS.png

No! Stop that! You're supposed to attack the unarmed dancer!

THII8VE.png1W8adAv.pngjmmAltc.png

Masterfully done, Dart!

4NVXNOn.png7uFZkrq.png

Very Lyn.

Yays. I get to deal with Mr. Bolting sage again!

Well, take 2!

WIYnFRc.pngtTm8tNr.png

LYN, STOP GETTING HIT BY 30'S!

Urgh... Take 3...

bHvjP1E.png

Rath could really use this right now, Eliwood's pretty much set once he promotes unless his gains go backwards.

Alright, so this time, I'll recruit Geitz right away, then use Dart to get rid of the pirates and wyverns before they can ruin my life plans.

And I dunno, maybe Florina will be able to reach the Bolting madman before anyone dies this time. Also, I'm resurrecting Oswin and Wil. Oswin because I feel like I may need him to avoid a softlock in the lategame and Wil for the memes.

mD8pNQz.png

A very nice crit.

NU5P9yv.png

...And a very nice level! Capped speed now.

srvFXBx.png

Yeet.

CO9es5Q.png

Aright, Shin! Show me what you've got!

waq2vr9.png

Are you Heath's long-lost cousin or something?

LMiJgUx.png

Speaking of Heath...

gF4hg1N.png

Here's half of his portrait in a well-timed screenshot!

V7DVjDX.png

And here's the rest of his portrait. Man, would it kill you to get speed?

WNhgvmm.png

Dart is an absolute champ. One rounding everybody? Glorious.

9RabDDt.png

Top ten photos taken moments before disaster.

bpKGYxc.png

Here comes another flier level!

fjAzZPd.png

Fiora, I know he's a fellow flier, but you've gotta stop talking to Heath. He's a bad influence.

NDy9Jq8.png

Why do I keep giving kills to Heath? Then again, if he gets a +2 to speed from promotion and I get a speedwing and he procs speed once, he'll absolutely demolish everything. It needs a lot of luck in several ways, but eh. A flier running around with 15> defense sounds good to me.

mQm1h0h.png

A convincing argument, Heath!

ClPqZmd.png

PROC SPEED ALREADY YOU MADMAN

Wait, whoops. That's his level from attempt 2. My bad.

s2Zybzb.png

I can't actually reach Geitz without baiting him, so Oswin's my man!

CG2kZ3z.png

I'm not sure how you're supposed to guess that Dart recruits this guy, but whatever.

2XdGJ8v.pngmHskxag.png

W4VmUBe.png

OH MY GOD STOP PLEASE

WpHkLWG.png

Dart will be over here for the next, well, however many turns it is before the flier spam stops.

Ke29BZO.png

If this is the master seal, I'd almost think it's a good thing that Lyn's bad at living.

rKUdE5q.pngzvvlIC8.png8IE7v0X.pngmmY2J12.png

Holy crud! Wow, I would have been so mad if I'd missed this...

A1GrOC2.png

Zoinks. Canas, your promotion has arrived!

FXNMqu2.png

Ow.

oAUBnjH.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee... Oh god...

zfnPlvL.png

OW

w36JqUH.png

Bolting man is dead!

rohpo5s.png

HEATH, YOU'D BETTER STAY AWAY FROM FLORINA! SHE CAN CHOOSE WHO SHE WANTS TO HANG OUT WITH, BUT KEEP THIS UP AND SHE'LL DIE!

Dart is an absolute savior right now, though. He's already taken down around fifteen wyverns!

6CkdLtl.png

FE7, that is quite enough fliers! Please stop!
uo6CGCZ.png

Geeeiitz!

SVw2pM3.pngD8efPCz.pngFsIVgEF.png

All is forgiven. I love the warrior animations so much.

L5jgQc8.png

FE7 THAT IS QUITE ENOUGH FLIERS PLEASE STOP

5KREnAn.pngz7h6fHY.png

Excellent! Keep doing that, Dart! Although defense or luck would also help!

mXtZOjI.png

Oh no oh no oh noooo.... Too close for comfort!!

8CyEwaM.png

Very cool. I wonder what I get from this village?

AoQYJQn.png

2hgFWbU.png

Oh jeez, I've gotta get him some healing. Heath, you're my man!

gCsXB3e.png

Ow.

3EbzQsC.png

Much better.

gJBTXh3.png

Hi Harken.

2y1ebai.png

Silence. A very helpful staff.

A4Re42G.png

OW! Stahp!

fKOOz6N.png

Well, Dart's good to go.

EDeko2r.png

EEEEEEEhhhhhhhHHHhhh....Nope. Just run away, my guy.

tWuwiZI.pngEpXyaG7.pnggMVzEyQ.png

OUCH! Heath's survival totally hinges on the fact that Dart ORKO's all of the enemies.

Jeez, more fliers? Bern's got an overpopulation problem...

D9UsKw5.pngFjeUKN2.png

Nice, nice. Dart'll only need a few more turns to clean up on his end. Unless the fliers just don't stop coming.

8FJhn74.png8amsYc9.png

Hah! What do you say to THAT?

PyBCLnx.png

I forgot to move Heath...

RDqoOdu.png

Dangit! I'm such a dunce!

Well, on the bright side, Heath was really quite bad and now I have slightly more wiggle room for promotion items...

VL1q4vj.png

Geitz, if you die too, I swear to Elimine...

7p04mXb.png

CEASE WITH THE REINFORCEMENTS!

N4HXupc.png

Since nobody over here can do anything, I decided to get going on that hero. Hmm...How can I get five more damage on him so Rath can Kill? (Also, Rath needed FIlla's might to do this.)

s1S3Stb.png

Wil can chip! Perfect!

KkjdCSK.png

And may as well throw a javelin too.

kHZyCqs.png

Oop. Goo thing I did that, 'cause the ballista would have missed!

cH1whid.png

SERIOUSLY, WIL?! 12% CRIT AND YOU LANDED IT?!

L0r6Mxq.png

C'mon, man! At least get speed after doing that!

I also love how he's one point of speed away from doubling most enemies.

xsEkCnw.png8aUsvnc.png

Florina goes to help Dart out in the war effort. She proves that she can be like a Berserker and crit too!

6PcJJg9.png

Wil...Just...Don't crit, m'kay?

BtGfAy0.png

Thanks.

vhwpxDE.pnggIedTeh.png

Sure. May as well get Canas another level. I can just Arena abuse Rath.

w2Vk2lx.png

Oh bOy, this looks like a GREAT idea!

YSMsGfH.png

Lyn the Jagen.

ojBI5qL.pngN429Kl3.pngtnehR6P.png3TOQ91G.pngiTLantR.png

There we go! Almost nobody left. You know what time it is!

WUGIuIY.png

Buy tons of stuff then arena abuse!

You know, Eliwood is the ideal arena abuser since he has close to enough AS that he can't be doubled-meaning he can take really high bets with low risk.

bCZz0Wa.pngZd3U2ij.png

The final merc has been goned.

cZQS8CX.png

Wil-The archer who can't double.

Rath-The archer who can't damage.

What a duo, eh?

xjP0YNX.png

STOP IT! SERIOUSLY, STOP! THE FLIERS JUST NEED TO STOP! THEY NEEDED TO STOP TURNS AGO!

bM7tW2c.pngnuowDIy.png

b586yFy.png

Oh my god... This just isn't fun.

4zu44Pl.pngRhzi6vi.pngoVIcygR.png

How come this popup is the only one I can catch?

1BKurGm.png

I probably shouldn't do this.

dhALSzd.png0VulPeQ.png

I probably shouldn't have done that.

8yFZrx1.png

Buuuuuuut there is now a 0% chance of death for Florina, so it's okay!

8HCoiT0.png

Canas, you'd better scoot before the wyverns give you the boot.

apDYVS1.png7hesXhL.pngxvRuudw.png

AGH!

cvIyUoa.png

I swear, if there is one more wave of reinforcements...

bVfzdsU.pngJ1Ggk6U.png

Nice.

uz9jH31.png

This should work.

Z2zh5mr.pngNQNgnVS.png

And it did, thankfully, and then some! The crit was very nice.

XeZUCnG.pngiYBkAtU.png

Ded.

Anyways, some scrubby pirates (Well, technically corsairs because they're...not pirates?) eliminated later...

NVDxAtO.pngRPkbCvw.pngGpFjJT9.png

Canas finally gets his +4 to speed, and more importantly, STAVES!

And then, over 600 screenshots of arena abuse and stocking back up, etc.

AaBXdfL.pngIIjKBMi.pngDqe2mTV.pngZRazUnr.pngNpidWUS.png

Some pretty Eliwood levels for Eliwood. Canas and Ninian also got some amazing levels.

DLAoqgQ.png

He also (Eventually) got to B in staves!

And nao it's Shin time!

ryF1pkC.pnglwpgb1m.pngKFbT7Do.pngsTijmUj.png0QqLNPn.pngeMGUlyd.pngynwsgjS.pngpm0YUpE.pngS9JfoFd.pngfeEMUbA.pngRZreEtJ.png

Wow. Shin is just...Wow.

DBpesAz.png

As an unpromoted unit, who has gained two more levels than Wil did as an archer- he has higher stats in everything but strength, skill, defense and luck, with his defense being quite solid and Shin actually being able to double. And being in a better class. With better con. And a not pitiful promotion.

And speaking of promotion...

xCqA1E4.pngmY8ayXb.pnghIgFFWV.pngk3rrlx6.png

WHAT THE EVERLIVING ELIMINE ARE THOSE PROMO BONUSES?! Sure, +1 to speed isn't great, but this is almost FE6-tier in a game that's stingy with promo bonuses! Sniper-Gets + to speed, defense and hp.

Nomads-Gain access to swords, eight movement, tons in almost every stat...

The only stats Wil has that are higher than Shin's is strength, by one point and luck.

8TcA5jp.png

This was a worthy investment!

gXHVXeT.pngsPXhagV.pngcGx74h4.png

Anyways, we bait the boss into using his hand axe...

0tGdfXG.pngoZnPvqT.png

...Allow Wil to extend his lead in strength and tie in HP and defense...

WIAVWpr.png9Bfsdjc.png

And toast him.

de2bhZs.png

I'll take it.

Anyways, since this has been a lengthy update:

Eliwood:Man, Black fang is actually pretty chill, y'know.

Linus: Eliwood's too dumb to be evil. Something ain't kosher, and it's not this table salt...

Limstella: I'm boutta end this man's career

Linus:I dun goofed.

So! That was a really long update! I'll try to have the next one done tomorrow too, since I'm super far behind. Stay safe and have a great week!

4qJS2Ah.pngMy lord brother, how are you feeling?

a3tvh0D.png...

4qJS2Ah.pngOh dear...I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me for a horseback ride....

a3tvh0D.pngNo. But you can't go without someone to protect you in my stead.

4qJS2Ah.pngHmm...Nobody save Jerrot knows how to ride on horseback...I suppose I'll have to postpone my plan.

zcLPBgx.png.... ..., ......! . .. .... .. ......... ...!

4qJS2Ah.pngAh, sir Derricc. You know how to ride a horse?

zcLPBgx.png.. ......! .. ...., . ...... . .... .. ...... .. . ....... ... .... ....

4qJS2Ah.pngOh, you served a noblewoman of Caelin a year and a half ago? How fascinating! Please, do continue, sir Derricc.

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 3

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Oswin

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Dishonorably spared

Lyn x 7

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 6

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x 1

Merlinus deaths as merchant: 7

•  

Spoiler

When this was IS low-key insulting a dead Sega console.

Why is Lyn in particular so prone to being strength screwed? She's so famous for it!

Because she can't decide if she's a myrmidon or a lord. Her inner conflict in being caught between two worlds means she's never truly at home in either. Nor is her performance.

Half as effective?

Either it gives one and a half stats or just one. Narsty.

I meant it takes twice as much to level up. So not only does the game give you less... but you need more per level. So levelling by Bexp is effectively taking four times as long. Because there's half given but you need twice as much to level. One or the other would have done the job... but they went with BOTH.

My hope for humanity always Plum-mets when I play Kaga games.

I think we'll be milking that scene for black humor until we stop slaving away on LPs.

Oh my god, that would have been Glorious! Butterman, you have surpassed the mortal realm!

...Too bad I finished playing before I read this, but oh well.

I wish I saw it. Best idea for editting a map I've seen.

YBWfPMw.png

THOU CREAM-FACED LOON! THOU CLAY-BRAINED GUTS! THOU KNOTTY-PATTED FOOL! YOU SCULLION! YOU RAMPALLION! BIOGAS!

I'm getting Saint Rubenio flashbacks for some reason.

LKrIzRc.pngObabu7d.pngBRHgbUo.pngR5GTjHv.png

Woah, this guy is basically Mekkah! Revealing Pitfalls before anyone else thinks to do so!

Truly some sage wisdom. Mind it makes extra sense here. Every level they don't use it here... they're wasting whatever gains they would have got from it.

AbApwi3.png

Ooh, lovely! Very solid all around. 14 should be enough to double, and a B in both axes and bows gives him a vast array of weapons. And he's a warrior, which means he has cool animations.

He's also the one axe-infantry from this game I've never used. Mind, less because I don't like him and more because I've never got around to it. My plan is always to use him next time I play FE7.... then I never get to that "next time".

WQx4cr5.pngZbIKOEA.png

Excellent start, my man!

New meaning to the term "Darting Blow"

The meme making himself useful, Shin chipping for the exp, Eliwood tries to impress Lyn and Ninian.

Wil one-rounding Wyverns with an ironbow at 100% accuracy. Truly a display of Wilpower.

s0boTLD.png

What?! WHAT?! Linus literally says that they're fighting so that the citizens don't get hurt?!

UrbxScs.pngHr9QPmv.png

LINUS, YOU ARE EITHER CORRUPT OR INCOMPETENT OR BOTH! AND WHY EVEN HAVE THIS LINE OF DIALOGUE IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE ENEMIES DESTROY VILLAGES?! I mean, unless it's to show how bad the Black Fang is...But no, that can't be it! This is the chapter where Eliwood talks about how the Black fang isn't evil and how they just want to protecc the citizens!

Inept most likely. I think the pirates are canonically separate. But then maybe I'm giving too much credit to the game.

4NVXNOn.png7uFZkrq.png

Very Lyn.

Apt after the joke I made in the shipping thread right before you did this update. She's still screwing you.

gF4hg1N.png

Here's half of his portrait in a well-timed screenshot!

It's like Jaws... except with bad hair instead of a fin.

CG2kZ3z.png

I'm not sure how you're supposed to guess that Dart recruits this guy, but whatever.

They both have axes, this is a map with pirates and water, and Dart's a pirate. Because that's surely enough right? Also maybe the fortune-teller/Nils thing. I think that had a hint too.

gJBTXh3.png

Hi Harken.

It's a good thing he doesn't know about Isadora. Or King Harkenian would make you scrub all the floors in Elibe.

NVDxAtO.pngRPkbCvw.pngGpFjJT9.png

Why's the number next to his speed say "+3" then? Or are we counting the con towards it?

And nao it's Shin time!

Don't break him.

0tGdfXG.pngoZnPvqT.png

...Allow Wil to extend his lead in strength and tie in HP and defense...

And skill. He's now only being beaten in speed and res.

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 3

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Oswin

Why is Zeiss not on the death counter? Isn't he dead?

I just saw someone post a dead Heath... no.... why.... agh fine.

Also I go one day only playing pokemon and now I've got three LPs to reply to, I hope i can finish this before long.

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Benice said:

Unless Heath gets a thicc ton of speed, he isn't going to be doing much in BBD. Not to mention that I fear that there will be mage spam in it...

He can effectively clear the left hand by himself. He doesn't need much strength if he's packing a horseslayer for Maxime and javelins/iron lances for everything else.

Ain't it ten for regular enemies and nineteen for promoted ones?

Hidden levels? Nope. Hidden levels I mean how many more levels worth they get in stats that they don't show to have leveled up in the status screen. This is used so they won't give more exp. Everything gets 5 of those. Or something like that, I don't remember.

OH BOY, I LOVE IT WHEN I GET THE WARP STAFF AFTER NIGHT OF FAREWELLS, AKA WARPSKIP: THE CHAPTER

Yeah FE7 is very bad with this. You can't even have fun. You can only play each chapter like the game wants you to. Fun is not existant.

Genesis has like one strategy (how in character for the FE7 devs)

It's not that she usually is screwed (though yours is) it's more so that her base strength is so low that not getting strength every level (with a 40%) is aggravating

Who is Matthe?

Matthew

I don't recall Cog being that bad...But don't tell me why it's bad! I want to cry when I discover it myself!

That's the thing, nobody does. It's very meh in other difficulties. You get enemy spam down your throat but they're so weak (aside from the knights, who are just annoying) that you don't care. In HHM they're weak too but it's all mages so you better have 1-2 range. And the staff spam is real, use Pent to lure those status staves.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Are your Jimmies going to go Neutron?

Perhaps.

yh9j7UQ.png

Heeaaath...

On average he'll get 1 point of speed if he's promoted at level 10 and he gets 2 speed on promotion, that is enough to double a lot of things. And 14 strength is nothing to scoff at.

WdT96pp.png

Nice! Very good.

Cute Fiora waifu doing work ❤️

mCefXqA.png

HEAAAAAATTHH!!!

YBWfPMw.png

I mean these levels suck. This is now being unlucky... sadly.

WxcglQf.png

Heath, on the other hand, has not bucked the trend.

*SIGH*

LyISHtn.pngYah!

M91Ve7Z.pngHup!

LyISHtn.pngNot a chance!

M91Ve7Z.pngOh really? Well, what if I did THIS?

LyISHtn.pngUh...Well. I suppose you won...Again.

M91Ve7Z.pngTeehee! Don't worry about it! You've gotten a lot stronger since we started sparring!

LyISHtn.pngIt's getting dark, though. We should probably head back soon.

M91Ve7Z.pngYep! But c'mon, we've got a great view of the sunset from over here!

LyISHtn.pngAll right...

M91Ve7Z.pngAahh! It's so pretty here! This makes me feel alive!

LyISHtn.pngIt really is stunning...Bern truly is lovely.

M91Ve7Z.pngEr...Say, Marlowe. So, uh, remember what happened back on the dread isle when we went on the rescue mission?

LyISHtn.pngThe what? Ooohh...That.

M91Ve7Z.pngW-well, I was thinking, since, y'know, life is short and all, if you'd consider, well, y'know, uh...we could, erm, form a relationship in which that kind of expression of our feelings is, well, normal?

LyISHtn.pngI don't know, can you put that sentence into three words?

M91Ve7Z.pngWhy, you little...! Fine, if that's how it's gonna be! I love you! I want to spend my life riding alongside you!

LyISHtn.pngWell, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel the same way towards you... I love you so much, Swift. Everything about you...

M91Ve7Z.pngOh, phew! It's official! We're an item! ...It'd be a shame to let this romantic sundown pass without a quick kiss, wouldn't it?

Lj5P3ab.pngI suppose it would, but there's a more important matter than your little romance to be discussed.

LyISHtn.pngBWAGH! Who-who the heck are you?!

Lj5P3ab.pngIn three days, at high noon, a platoon of wyvern riders will attack from the north...One hour after that, cavaliers from the southwest will flood the valley. The Fang hunts you. Beware...

M91Ve7Z.pngHey, get back here! You can't just-Annnnd they're gone.

LyISHtn.pngIs the kiss still up for grabs?

M91Ve7Z.pngOf course! But we'd also better get back to camp to report this rather suspicous event...

Well huh. I guess Swift really does suffer from Stockholm syndrome... or whatever it's called.

QAQix9x.png

ERGH! Like, fine, 15 strength and 13 defense is nice! But nine speed ain't cuttin' it!

I would go on about this or that but I know Heath dies anyways. Why does it even matter...

v7LST0S.pngb3s1yhe.png

SMH Florina! Falling off already! Just kidding, you're fantastic. And especially cute during your travels to Lazberia.

Wait when did she go to Lazberia?

Cvwvwef.png

And there's now a ton of enemies surrounding that bolting sage to the point that even Florina would quite probably die. But I think Oswin got away...

oG0KTGv.png

Yeeaaaahh, the sage ain't dying this turn. But someone on my side is!

Use a sword and kill the sage. She will dodge the pirates and Linus doesn't move, even if he did he isn't in range.

GOD FRICKING DAMMIT! NO! SCREW THIS MAP! WHY IS THERE A MOVING BOLTING SAGE?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHH!

7p8qvca.png

I AGREE OSWIN.

Damn...

s0boTLD.png

UrbxScs.pngHr9QPmv.png

REEEEEEEE

Well, you know what time it is, now that I've failed every single side objective!

Mega OOOF

CG2kZ3z.png

Well the fortune teller tells you to speak to him to someone that smells of the sea. In my first playthrough I searched around and then saw Dart and it made sense.

RDqoOdu.png

Well, on the bright side, Heath was really quite bad and now I have slightly more wiggle room for promotion items...

Yeah oh well...

(Well, technically corsairs because they're...not pirates?)

It's a bit weird but I think a corsair is someone like paid by a nation or faction specifically to pirate.

k3rrlx6.png

WHAT THE EVERLIVING ELIMINE ARE THOSE PROMO BONUSES?! Sure, +1 to speed isn't great, but this is almost FE6-tier in a game that's stingy with promo bonuses! Sniper-Gets + to speed, defense and hp.

Nomads-Gain access to swords, eight movement, tons in almost every stat...

Oh WOW! I never knew Rath was this epic... amazing!

11 hours ago, Benice said:

S5oA2iU.png

When a pegasus knight's speed is lower then their strength, you know you did something wrong.

yPCsHkv.png

Very nice, very nice. I'm not sure there's a huge reason to promote Fiora given how 12-ish strength post-promotion isn't fantastic, but we'll see. If Heath can proc speed a few times today, he'll be promoting...I actually don't know when, but as soon as there's another Elysian whip/Master seal that doesn't have Canas' name on it.

Fiora has more strength and skill then Florina.

tFZCNgM.pngyRJeu1j.png

Falling off? What's that?

The nice part about Oswin is he has growths to keep up with everyone else for the entire game.

Good job Shin! about 30 years too early, but good job.

Although, may I ask, what happened to Rath?

aA2ltpw.png

Yeah, but he would be better if he had his hard mode bonuses from 30 years later.

7p8qvca.png

I AGREE OSWIN.

Just in time for Heath to take the reins and carry you to victory.

HAHAHAHA

CO9es5Q.png

No hard mode bonuses.

L5jgQc8.png

FE7 THAT IS QUITE ENOUGH FLIERS PLEASE STOP

Smells like FE6 chapter 21 but without any scary wyverns.

RDqoOdu.png

BAD BENICE

Spoiler
On 7/21/2020 at 12:35 PM, Benice said:

Ruben: Gameplay-wise, Sherlock is the Rutger of this game

Also Ruben: I can't give Sherlock a good weapon, because he always misses!

Seriously though, what makes Sherlock good? I don't see it. One-two and double shot take a tad to long to be reliable IMO. Sorta like how I rarely get to use Astra so I just save it for one or two enemies.

When did I say he's the Rutger of the game? I said he becomes good. And, well, it's mostly his promotion. He gets Triple Shot when he promotes, and by then he has gained enough accuracy and has gotten enough good bows that he may unleash his true potential. It's just that his start it perhaps the roughest out of any unit not named Enid.

AND FLORINA.

No. Florina is not included in my list of remarkable FE7 characters. She's in yours, not mine.

a pirate swimming up a waterfall to kill Sophia.

Ahahahahahahaha! That has to be one of my most underrated bullshit moments. We don't bring it up nearly enough.

We'll see what Battle Before Dawn does to me.

I expect terrible things. Even with an actually good team, you can irremediably lose if Jaffar dies too early.

The dragon fight is considered a separate chapter. You can get Renault's A support there.

I know. That's completely stupid and impractical. Just another example of IntSys not thinking things through with this game.

That's my name for Butterman! Make up your own!

LZZ9C4m.pngWhatever it takes to protect Elen, I will do it.

If this is the same timeline as my FE6 LP, let me tell you, that's about as counterproductive as Hector's efforts to save Zephiel's life. Being Glass is suffering.

yHUr4Bh.png

What happens if Kishuna's been rescued during the turn he disappears? I fear that I'll break the game if I do that. So I won't.

Coward. What, you think I'm about to play FE7 to find out for myself? This was my only chance, and now I'll never know...

YBWfPMw.png

He's a poopnose! Also, that's my word, you thief!

AS9LJ6x.png

OH MY GOD! Wow, those are actually some good gains!

Accustomed as I am to FE6 and hack gains, seeing stock FE7 promotions is always a sad experience. Even the ones that are half decent, like this one.

Ursula casts Cock Block! Critical hit!

And wait, why is budget Glass here?! Begone! Don't even think of stealing Helen!

More baffling is the fact that I'm pretty sure he gets a name. He's called Igor. Don't ask why I remember this, of all things.

pzOimkP.pngM6yEqor.png

Oh hi Mark.

Ah, yes, it's Geese's 20 years younger brother. I've... no idea why they decided to give Geese of all people a brother out of nowhere. I mean, heck, the only connection between the two is a passing mention in Geitz's support with Fiora! Geese doesn't even know he exists!

QAQix9x.png

To be honest, these stats aren't that bad.

...Except 9 speed. O O F

BK1MntL.png

Is Eliwood a good Jagen?

gp151hn.png

Good enough, I suppose.

Why are you wasting kills on Lyn? Give them to Eligood, so he can get his horse sooner than later.

aA2ltpw.png

I know he's more like brown, but calling him Red Shin is a great parallel to a certain pair of green and red brothers. And much like in their case, Green Shin is best Shin. Err, as a unit. As a character, they're virtually the same crap.

THE BOLTING SAGE MOVES?! WHAT THE HECK?! WHY?! A 31-ATTACK POWER SAGE WITH SIXTEEN SPACES WHERE HE CAN REACH?!

Because FE6 isn't the only game that can do that.

7p8qvca.png

I AGREE OSWIN.

Oh, God. Not Oswin.

s0boTLD.png

UrbxScs.pngHr9QPmv.png

REEEEEEEE

Did you truly count on FE7's story and gameplay having anything to do with one another? Please... You have too much faith.

4NVXNOn.png7uFZkrq.png

Very Lyn.

Did someone say "bench Lyn"? Because I believe I just heard someone saying "bench Lyn".

mmY2J12.png

Holy crud! Wow, I would have been so mad if I'd missed this...

Now's when Canas dies.

RDqoOdu.png

I am completely fine with this outcome.

cZQS8CX.png

What a duo, eh?

Sherlock doesn't look that bad when compared to Wil and Rath, eh?

k3rrlx6.png

...when compared to Wil, eh?

GpFjJT9.png

Still, these stats... Eugh. Etzel this ain't.

NpidWUS.png

Some pretty Eliwood levels for Eliwood. Canas and Ninian also got some amazing levels.

Eli-good! Eli-good!

Eliwood:Man, Black fang is actually pretty chill, y'know.

Linus: Eliwood's too dumb to be evil. Something ain't kosher, and it's not this table salt...

Limstella: I'm boutta end this man's career

Linus:I dun goofed.

That's better than the actual scene. Linus and Lloyd both could've mopped the floor with Limstella's weighed-down ass.

23 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Probably because he's a filthy thief. You hear me, you thief!? You're a thief!

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, yes, it's Geese's 20 years younger brother

Holy shit. No wonder Geese was so bad in FE6. He had to be in his 50s or 60s by then... and not yet promoted to boot.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every time people mock Wil part of me dies.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know he's more like brown, but calling him Red Shin is a great parallel to a certain pair of green and red brothers. And much like in their case, Green Shin is best Shin. Err, as a unit. As a character, they're virtually the same crap.

Green shin and Brown Shin are the worst characters ever. WTF? They're brothers and they wear the same clothes and have the same name.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Except 9 speed. O O F

*cries in my cavaliers*

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When you look at Etzel and realize he's got the same base magic as Gotoh... except he isn't a last battle only character with 1 level to work with. Which is pretty important when you note  Gotoh's not gonna survive combat with H5 Medeus anyway... and will not be capable of damaging him from saferty with Swarm. Etzel, assuming one's playing Gaidens, single-handedly renders Gotoh obsolete on higher difficulties thereby... making Nagi the definitive choice for such. Mind... she kind of already was because of the whole "higher damage to Medeus" bit.

31 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Holy shit. No wonder Geese was so bad in FE6. He had to be in his 50s or 60s by then... and not yet promoted to boot.

He sure looks young for his age, doesn't he? Must be the shampoo he uses to mantain the greatest hair in Elibe.

...When compared to , eh?

When you look at Etzel and realize he's got the same base magic as Gotoh... except he isn't a last battle only character with 1 level to work with. Which is pretty important when you note  Gotoh's not gonna survive combat with H5 Medeus anyway... and will not be capable of damaging him from saferty with Swarm. Etzel, assuming one's playing Gaidens, single-handedly renders Gotoh obsolete on higher difficulties thereby... making Nagi the definitive choice for such. Mind... she kind of already was because of the whole "higher damage to Medeus" bit.

To be fair, Gotoh does have a ton more speed and the swarm tome. Still... Yeah, Nagi's a lot better, if only because she can be sacrificed to take out half of Medeus's health bar.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, Gotoh does have a ton more speed and the swarm tome. Still... Yeah, Nagi's a lot better, if only because she can be sacrificed to take out half of Medeus's health bar.

Catch is I did say on higher difficulties... and unless I'm wrong that 20 speed is still low enough he won't be using it to double anyone or avoid being doubled (in part thanks to the 23 speed capped wyverns having forged brave axes, and for a mage with 35 hp that's a death sentence unless those wyvern) who isn't using a siege tome or ballista. Not to mention, as I said... swarm's 6 mt isn't getting through Medeus 25 res. Gotoh could have double the magic, and he'd only just do 4 damage (2 of which is thanks to his weapon rank). That said... I could be wrong. I'm working off what I remember of the final chapter in H5 from elsewhere as far as the more common enemies go. Point is, having higher speed ends up being a moot point if it doesn't stop you getting doubled or doubling. Unless you saved the stat-boosters... but who saves stat-boosters for the Gotoh?

On 7/21/2020 at 3:35 AM, Benice said:

The dragon fight counts as a separate chapter from the Nergal fight for support purposes, and even in Hector mode you need that distinction to get an A rank support, as its impossible to get him a C rank on Victory or Death in time to get the gaiden.

BLOTtzl.png

....Wowie, that's a lot of text. 157 screenshots of just talking. I shall summarize for you what I have seen:

UQQYvUg.pngUrbxScs.pngHr9QPmv.pngn41B3gO.png

There we go. And I didn't even get to see the disguises scene...

Oh well, looks like you got the 50+ lord levels version. I guess getting Geitz will help far more than unpromoted Wallace, but the Wyverns really make this a slog...

HgCTeT4.png

The bow unit who is technically still worse than Wil can do something!

Ouch, poor Rath doesn't deserve that kinda harsh judgement after the poor guy got completely ignored in Lyn mode, and Wil got so much of a leg up.

CQFF1Kg.pngrjO13Tb.pngNN0FkUR.png

PERFECT

...Oh boy, that is an unlucky start. I get the funny feeling that she is going to die...

Let's quickly finish up these guys over here. There's a bolting sage who still ain't close to hitting anybody, but I'll probably forget 'im later and lose somebody because of it.

Watch out that jackass mov-

QBXB2Wy.png

What? But bolting only has ten range, and-

-es

WoUHnZY.png

7p8qvca.png

I AGREE OSWIN.

Yeah, that beast moving killed Heath in my successful ironman. I forgot he moved as well.

Oh this chapter is just getting started with the wyverns...honestly there are so many and this is just the start.

vfLtun9.pngnHZKSvt.png

Dye. I refuse to lose anybody else this map.

I guess he dyed that guys armor red with blood... well it would have worked better if his armor didn't start red.

s0boTLD.png

OOF, RIP the Earth Seal. I had a bad feeling that this might happened if you faced this version of Four Fanged Offensive.

4NVXNOn.png7uFZkrq.png

Very Lyn.

Yays. I get to deal with Mr. Bolting sage again!

Well, take 2!

Now that is the Lyn we all know and despise. At least you have another chance to go for the earth seal.

WIYnFRc.pngtTm8tNr.png

LYN, STOP GETTING HIT BY 30'S!

Urgh... Take 3...

Oh wow that was fast...

waq2vr9.png

Are you Heath's long-lost cousin or something?

And his first version of this levelup was so much better. No one ever gives Rath a real chance...

Also its kinda creepy to mistake Sue's father for Shin when Sue and Shin could be romantically supported together.

oAUBnjH.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee... Oh god...

...This is the kinda image to get Lyn benched.

6CkdLtl.png

FE7, that is quite enough fliers! Please stop!

I mean you can finish the chapter by killing Linus if you don't want these jerks to keep coming for like 18 turns, and it kinda looks like you have cleared enough of a path to get to him before that.

Very cool. I wonder what I get from this village?

AoQYJQn.png

Rath's promotion item... I kinda think the FE7 devs kinda knew bow locked units suck, hence them locking none of the Orion's Bolts behind thief utility.

Hah! What do you say to THAT?

PyBCLnx.png

I forgot to move Heath...

RDqoOdu.png

...oh poor Heath. I like him, but with the amazing results you are seeing from your Pegasisters, he is the easiest unit to replace.

cZQS8CX.png

What a duo, eh?

Give him a chance to grow, he is only level 10, and Wil is like 20+

STOP IT! SERIOUSLY, STOP! THE FLIERS JUST NEED TO STOP! THEY NEEDED TO STOP TURNS AGO!

Haven't you learned fliers are the staple enemy of HHM? They will just keep coming and coming and....

DBpesAz.png

As an unpromoted unit, who has gained two more levels than Wil did as an archer- he has higher stats in everything but strength, skill, defense and luck, with his defense being quite solid and Shin actually being able to double. And being in a better class. With better con. And a not pitiful promotion.

And speaking of promotion...

xCqA1E4.pngmY8ayXb.pnghIgFFWV.pngk3rrlx6.png

See, actually give him some attention and Rath will turn out well. No one ever bothers with him, and he just doesn't deserve it.

So! That was a really long update! I'll try to have the next one done tomorrow too, since I'm super far behind. Stay safe and have a great week!

Glad you were late enough that I could get my reply in then.

My dude saga, chapter 19: Jeanialogee of da holee wor

And, as if the LP couldn't get any slower, I'm gone for the next nine or ten days to go backpacking! So, I'll try to cover a lot this update.

The replies:

Spoiler
On 7/21/2020 at 4:00 AM, Pengaius said:

If you can't handle the Heath, get out of the kitchen into the graveyard

Heath, you've been chopped. Judges?

"Well, I'm afraid you failed to capitalize on your average speed growth and wasn't able to keep up with your competitors for promotion, and so, we had to chop you."

On 7/21/2020 at 8:05 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

When this was IS low-key insulting a dead Sega console.

Wait...was Genesis the one that vaguely resembled a GameBoy? In a sonic racing game I played there was inexplicably a really hard to unlock character named Ages and he looked like a gameboy. For some reason I have this memory affiliated with the word Genesis roo.

Because she can't decide if she's a myrmidon or a lord. Her inner conflict in being caught between two worlds means she's never truly at home in either. Nor is her performance.

You know, I hope that in an FE7 remake, they make Lyn a horse-swordlord, (Since she escaped death with a horse but I guess lost it later on) Eliwood an infantry Lance Lord and Hector an Axe Armor

I meant it takes twice as much to level up. So not only does the game give you less... but you need more per level. So levelling by Bexp is effectively taking four times as long. Because there's half given but you need twice as much to level. One or the other would have done the job... but they went with BOTH.

Very nice. Sounds fun.

I think we'll be milking that scene for black humor until we stop slaving away on LPs.

And making plum jokes about it.

I wish I saw it. Best idea for editting a map I've seen.

Pengaius should make a hack one of these days.

I wonder why... *cough*

Truly some sage wisdom. Mind it makes extra sense here. Every level they don't use it here... they're wasting whatever gains they would have got from it.

Yeah, part of the reason I didn't know who to give it to. Rath wasn't looking to exceptional, but Eliwood didn't really have much room to grow and saving it until Nino arrives is overkill when her growths are so lopsided either way. (I believe that without boosts she has 65% in magic and 50 in speed and res, and 15 in def.)

He's also the one axe-infantry from this game I've never used. Mind, less because I don't like him and more because I've never got around to it. My plan is always to use him next time I play FE7.... then I never get to that "next time".

Me too, actually. Which is weird because Lot, Boyd and Nolan excluded, I'm not big on fighters as a class but love warriors.

New meaning to the term "Darting Blow"

More like Darting Slow.

Wil one-rounding Wyverns with an ironbow at 100% accuracy. Truly a display of Wilpower.

I appreciate your Wilingness to give him a chance.

Inept most likely. I think the pirates are canonically separate. But then maybe I'm giving too much credit to the game.

Nope, they are affiliated as Black Fang. Every single one.

Apt after the joke I made in the shipping thread right before you did this update. She's still screwing you.

Don't tell Eliwood...

It's like Jaws... except with bad hair instead of a fin.

Pffffft...I can't unsee that anymore!

They both have axes, this is a map with pirates and water, and Dart's a pirate. Because that's surely enough right? Also maybe the fortune-teller/Nils thing. I think that had a hint too.

Oooh...I didn't bother checking because I already knew and I played with a guide my first time, (well, four times, really. I got to Battle Before Dawn three times and gave up.)

It's a good thing he doesn't know about Isadora. Or King Harkenian would make you scrub all the floors in Elibe.

Noooo!

Why's the number next to his speed say "+3" then? Or are we counting the con towards it?

Well, effectively, it's +4 as his con is one short of using Flux without a loss to AS- if his AS before promotion is 8, it is 12 afterwards. Pretty nice boost.

Don't break him.

I'll try not to...Especially after he turned out so godlike. I still find it hilarious how he's probably all the good parts of Wilbecccca with only the bad part of being bowlocked...Which is fixed by his godlike promotion.

And skill. He's now only being beaten in speed and res.

Still, Shin doubles everything, which is nice.

Why is Zeiss not on the death counter? Isn't he dead?
Oh shoot, you're right! Whoops.

On 7/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

I just saw someone post a dead Heath... no.... why.... agh fine.

Ur welcome

Also I go one day only playing pokemon and now I've got three LPs to reply to, I hope i can finish this before long.

Good luck!

Hide contents

He can effectively clear the left hand by himself. He doesn't need much strength if he's packing a horseslayer for Maxime and javelins/iron lances for everything else.

It's not strength I was worried about...

Hidden levels? Nope. Hidden levels I mean how many more levels worth they get in stats that they don't show to have leveled up in the status screen. This is used so they won't give more exp. Everything gets 5 of those. Or something like that, I don't remember.

I believe it's 9, or 19 for promoted enemies.

Yeah FE7 is very bad with this. You can't even have fun. You can only play each chapter like the game wants you to. Fun is not existant.

[Instert no fun allowed image with Maeda's face pasted over it]

Genesis has like one strategy (how in character for the FE7 devs)

Pray?

It's not that she usually is screwed (though yours is) it's more so that her base strength is so low that not getting strength every level (with a 40%) is aggravating

I suppose so.

Matthew

Oh, thanks for confirming. I thought you may have been talking about Matthis for a moment there.

That's the thing, nobody does. It's very meh in other difficulties. You get enemy spam down your throat but they're so weak (aside from the knights, who are just annoying) that you don't care. In HHM they're weak too but it's all mages so you better have 1-2 range. And the staff spam is real, use Pent to lure those status staves.

Hooray.

Perhaps.

Very nice.

On average he'll get 1 point of speed if he's promoted at level 10 and he gets 2 speed on promotion, that is enough to double a lot of things. And 14 strength is nothing to scoff at.

Well...12 AS isn't quite enough to double most enemies...But if you had a speedwing, he'd be totally fine.

Cute Fiora waifu doing work ❤️

Hopefully Farina keeps up the Pegasister trend of being a legend!

I mean these levels suck. This is now being unlucky... sadly.

Does killing him off make me a Heath-en?

*SIGH*

40% growths.txt

Well huh. I guess Swift really does suffer from Stockholm syndrome... or whatever it's called.

Feels bad.

Well, not for Marlowe.

I would go on about this or that but I know Heath dies anyways. Why does it even matter...

Please do explain about how he could still be really good-maybe I get as speedwing or two soon? 'Cause that would get him to 13 AS after promotion, enough to double a lot of enemies.

Wait when did she go to Lazberia?

There's a side character named Rosalie who looks a lot like Florina- She is officially Florina who travelled to Lazberia after the battle against Nergal.

bsaXVBN.png

(Berwick Florina is honestly better than FE7 Florina, but since they're the same person it adds more reasons to love Florina.)

Use a sword and kill the sage. She will dodge the pirates and Linus doesn't move, even if he did he isn't in range.

The three or four wyverns (can't remember) would be able to attack her with WTA, and they put quite the dent into her-she'd be risking death. Not to mention two more merc reinforcements right above the Sage...It would have been really risky.

Damn...

At least there's supposed to be lots of fast mages in the lategame so he couldn't possibly be good, right?

...Right?

Mega OOOF

Lyn being thicc bad actually did me a favor here.

Well the fortune teller tells you to speak to him to someone that smells of the sea. In my first playthrough I searched around and then saw Dart and it made sense.

I see. I already knew it was Dart so I didn't bother checking, but whatever.

Yeah oh well...

FIfteen strength was good, but that nine speed... It was inevitable.

It's a bit weird but I think a corsair is someone like paid by a nation or faction specifically to pirate.

Wait, aren't those privateers? Ahh, it's probably just French or something, since all the books from France that I read used the word "Corsaires" over pirates, so...

And english loves taking Latin words despite being a germanic language!

Oh WOW! I never knew Rath was this epic... amazing!

I'm not sure if he even needed Afa's drops...

On 7/21/2020 at 3:40 PM, Hello72207 said:

When a pegasus knight's speed is lower then their strength, you know you did something wrong.

Not praise 'em enough! I'm sorry, Florina! I still adore you!

Fiora has more strength and skill then Florina.

Well, usually. This run has been anything but usual for the most part...

The nice part about Oswin is he has growths to keep up with everyone else for the entire game.

Or he did, anyways... I wonder how he'll fare if I bring him to endgame. Actually, it'd be hilarious to land the final blow using an unpromoted unit. I'm gonna make it happen.

Good job Shin! about 30 years too early, but good job.

Curses! I need to -

Although, may I ask, what happened to Rath?

Stop! You know I mean Rat-

Yeah, but he would be better if he had his hard mode bonuses from 30 years later.

GHAXHXTAGAHABVZVCAXACZVBAVZAVVBVVVVXTZTX

Just in time for Heath to take the reins and carry you to victory.

Phat Chanse

HAHAHAHA

I can't wait until YOU do an ironman so I can see you suffer too! Ha!

No hard mode bonuses.

WHY ARE SHIN AND RATH LITERALLY THE SAME

Smells like FE6 chapter 21 but without any scary wyverns.

I guess so...But FE6 Ch. 21 has actually well-placed enemy spam at the very least.

BAD BENICE

Hey, it's not my fault I made a mistake!

On 7/22/2020 at 7:19 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

When did I say he's the Rutger of the game? I said he becomes good. And, well, it's mostly his promotion. He gets Triple Shot when he promotes, and by then he has gained enough accuracy and has gotten enough good bows that he may unleash his true potential. It's just that his start it perhaps the roughest out of any unit not named Enid.

Did you not say...?

No, you didn't. My brain must still be somewhere else.

No. Florina is not included in my list of remarkable FE7 characters. She's in yours, not mine.

I am omnipotent! Obey me!

Ahahahahahahaha! That has to be one of my most underrated bullshit moments. We don't bring it up nearly enough.

At least you didn't give her the boots...

Wait, who did you give the boots to?

I expect terrible things. Even with an actually good team, you can irremediably lose if Jaffar dies too early.

At least he has WTA against most of the people near him.

At least he did in ENM. It'd be kind of like HHM to give every enemy next to him a lance or swordreaver. Heck, I bet they'll surround him with wyeverns with silver lances...

The dragon fight is considered a separate chapter. You can get Renault's A support there.

I know. That's completely stupid and impractical. Just another example of IntSys not thinking things through with this game.

I mean, where else are you going to fit in some supports?

That's my name for Butterman! Make up your own!

It looks like Pengasius will have to do.

If this is the same timeline as my FE6 LP, let me tell you, that's about as counterproductive as Hector's efforts to save Zephiel's life. Being Glass is suffering.

I create my own fate! Elen will survive!

Coward. What, you think I'm about to play FE7 to find out for myself? This was my only chance, and now I'll never know...

Nobody will ever know...

He's a poopnose! Also, that's my word, you thief!

But since FE7 comes before FE6 I technically used it first! My units were biogas before yours ever could have been! Boom!

Accustomed as I am to FE6 and hack gains, seeing stock FE7 promotions is always a sad experience. Even the ones that are half decent, like this one.

Me too. It's so sad to expect a promotion to change a unit then see Wil's gains.

Ursula casts Cock Block! Critical hit!

It's super cringy-I mean effective!

More baffling is the fact that I'm pretty sure he gets a name. He's called Igor. Don't ask why I remember this, of all things.

Of course.

Ah, yes, it's Geese's 20 years younger brother. I've... no idea why they decided to give Geese of all people a brother out of nowhere. I mean, heck, the only connection between the two is a passing mention in Geitz's support with Fiora! Geese doesn't even know he exists!

Continuity, man! Y'know, like how they mentioned how Armads kills the wielder! Or how Hector doesn't know about dragons!

To be honest, these stats aren't that bad.

...Except 9 speed. O O F

He'd probably look better if Florina didn't exist. Or Fiora, really. She's also pretty good.

Why are you wasting kills on Lyn? Give them to Eligood, so he can get his horse sooner than later.

Well, I was planning to arena abuse Eliwood to level 20 from the very beginning, so I figured why not?

Exactly the same! Only Rath actually has the chance to marry the waifu he left to go rescue.

...Wait, if his goal was to find Lyn, why'd he just leave later?

Because FE6 isn't the only game that can do that.

Oh boy, can't wait to lose someone I like to them!

Oh, God. Not Oswin.

Best Jagen until FE11! Nooo!

Although, not gonna lie, I've started PoR on hard, and I'm kind of disturbed about how Ike is better at Jagening than the Jagen.

Did you truly count on FE7's story and gameplay having anything to do with one another? Please... You have too much faith.

As I'd feared...

Did someone say "bench Lyn"? Because I believe I just heard someone saying "bench Lyn".

That was every inch of my tortured soul.

Now's when Canas dies.

No chance! I kept him hidden in a corner for almost the whole map!

I am completely fine with this outcome.

(Honestly me too but don't tell Hello or Nino)

Sherlock doesn't look that bad when compared to Wil and Rath, eh?

Eh...

...They're comparable.

I don't think this is a very good Canas. But staffbot! Yay!

Eli-good! Eli-good!

Hopefully he gets strength and defense from promotion.

That's better than the actual scene. Linus and Lloyd both could've mopped the floor with Limstella's weighed-down ass.

True. Especially Lloyd because he'd have a ton of crit on her. Because swordmaster vs. 0 luck=DED

Probably because he's a filthy thief. You hear me, you thief!? You're a thief!

I am? Why can't I get promotion items then?!

On 7/22/2020 at 7:54 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:
  Hide contents

I'm gonna use Geese! I swear, nobody's ever used him! I will! Mark these words! It will happen!

Don't Wilt away!

On 7/22/2020 at 8:29 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

He sure looks young for his age, doesn't he? Must be the shampoo he uses to mantain the greatest hair in Elibe.

Murdock used it for his whole body, evidently.

...Seriously, why does he look exactly the same? I guess he's a young man in FE6 but they needed a legend like him in FE7.

Man, imagine how much better Battle Before dawn would have been if Murdock showed up as a reinforcement midway through the map.

...Then again, the map ends because Murdock makes it back to the manse. Wow. He's just that good.

...When compared to Sylvis, eh?

Silly awakening, keeping Tiki alive even though they knew everyone sack of riced her for Nagi.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
Spoiler

The dragon fight counts as a separate chapter from the Nergal fight for support purposes, and even in Hector mode you need that distinction to get an A rank support, as its impossible to get him a C rank on Victory or Death in time to get the gaiden.

Oh, great.

Oh well, looks like you got the 50+ lord levels version. I guess getting Geitz will help far more than unpromoted Wallace, but the Wyverns really make this a slog...

Although Wallace would have been a good meme.

Who also wouldn't be able to promote.

Ouch, poor Rath doesn't deserve that kinda harsh judgement after the poor guy got completely ignored in Lyn mode, and Wil got so much of a leg up.

I ignored him in Lyn mode because he's too good!

...Oh boy, that is an unlucky start. I get the funny feeling that she is going to die...

Wherever would you get that idea? This could have been a hard ironman and nothing would be different!

Watch out that jackass mov-

-es

I wish he didn't...

Yeah, that beast moving killed Heath in my successful ironman. I forgot he moved as well.

Oh no...I bet yours was actually decent too...

Oh this chapter is just getting started with the wyverns...honestly there are so many and this is just the start.

Oof. I hope it at least has a few good iterations of it...

I guess he dyed that guys armor red with blood... well it would have worked better if his armor didn't start red.

It really would have...

OOF, RIP the Earth Seal. I had a bad feeling that this might happened if you faced this version of Four Fanged Offensive.

Four fanged offensive... Way more accurate of a descriptor for this map, to be honest.

Now that is the Lyn we all know and despise. At least you have another chance to go for the earth seal.

Whew...

Oh wow that was fast...

I forgot that Lyn was Lyn.

And his first version of this levelup was so much better. No one ever gives Rath a real chance...

I will use him! He'll be my No. 2 MVP!

Also its kinda creepy to mistake Sue's father for Shin when Sue and Shin could be romantically supported together.

Oh...

OH...

...This is the kinda image to get Lyn benched.

I think I will... It won't be fun to have my lord having a low% chance of just dying.

...You know, I wonder why Lyn's even a lord. Like, she has literally 0 impact on the plot.

I mean you can finish the chapter by killing Linus if you don't want these jerks to keep coming for like 18 turns, and it kinda looks like you have cleared enough of a path to get to him before that.

But my arena abuse!

Rath's promotion item... I kinda think the FE7 devs kinda knew bow locked units suck, hence them locking none of the Orion's Bolts behind thief utility.

Kind of them.

...oh poor Heath. I like him, but with the amazing results you are seeing from your Pegasisters, he is the easiest unit to replace.

True, true. Hopefully Farina can be somewhat tanky, because I seem to recall her growths being more like a wyvern than a peg.

Give him a chance to grow, he is only level 10, and Wil is like 20+

I will, fear not!

Haven't you learned fliers are the staple enemy of HHM? They will just keep coming and coming and....

And yet archers still can't do anything.

See, actually give him some attention and Rath will turn out well. No one ever bothers with him, and he just doesn't deserve it.

Well, he is a late-joining bowlocked unit. In an efficient run, there wouldn't be much of a reason to train him.

Although this is anything BUT an efficient run.

Glad you were late enough that I could get my reply in then.

Yeah...

The update:

Spoiler

5RPLYTm.pngYou are certain that you hadn't eaten something questionable, right?

M91Ve7Z.pngYes, I'm certain of it. The person wearing a garbage bag told us about the wyverns and cavaliers then left.

5RPLYTm.pngHmm...

eukFoX3.pngI propose that we try to escape towards the capital now.

Vw9ibI9.pngHold the phone for just a second here. Why would we want to go to the capital? Ain't our job to distract the black fang? We could make a stand here!

5RPLYTm.pngNo, she's right! We could disrupt their plans by moving our location to an area that's more well-defended and where the Black Fang can't operate properly.

Vw9ibI9.pngBut the client told us to-

5RPLYTm.pngThe client-that is, the Marquess of Ostia is wrong. We're not dying here. It may be the creed of the Ilian mercenaries to always follow orders to their final breath, but we fight not for ourselves but for our loved ones who can't make a living on their own! Juno, if your parents died because they were following orders, would their deaths be justified? Is it fair to expend people because they need to help each other?

Vw9ibI9.pngI guess when you put it that way, nope! Y'know, we should really make Ilia a place where we don't all have to take to the battlefield to have oatmeal.

zcN79QK.pngThat would be amazing...

5RPLYTm.pngWell, if we make our stands here, none of us are changing a thing about Ilia, so we'd best get a move on!

zcN79QK.pngHuzzah! Forwards! To the capital of Bern!

a3tvh0D.pngHmph. Aren't you idiots forgetting something?

zcN79QK.pngUh...No?

a3tvh0D.pngPshhh...You really are a bunch of fools.

Vw9ibI9.png"Hurr, I'm Raven. I'm so edgy. Nothin' personnel, kid."

a3tvh0D.pngZip it! You guys can't leave without Priscilla! ...Or that idiotic armor knight who's accompanying her.

5RPLYTm.pngWhere are they?

zcLPBgx.png... ....! .... . ..... ...., . ...... ... ..... .. ...... .. ..... ...

4qJS2Ah.pngSir Derricc, you really have done so many wonderful things...

zcLPBgx.png...... ,,, ...., ......! . .. .. ....!

4qJS2Ah.pngHee hee, that's good to hear. Although, I was wondering why you always wear a huge helmet like that.

zcLPBgx.png...... .. ........ .. ...

4qJS2Ah.pngWhy would you need to hide your identity, Sir Derricc?

zcLPBgx.png.'.. ... .. ........ ...., .. ... ... .....

4qJS2Ah.pngI suppose so. Although someday, I would like to gaze upon your true face. Also, I presume that my lord brother will be worried about me if I do not return soon.

zcLPBgx.png. ........ ...., ......!

4qJS2Ah.pngNow then, which way leads out of these plains?

zcLPBgx.png...., ..... .... .... ..... ..... .. ....?

4qJS2Ah.pngOh...We have gone quite a ways. Maybe we wandered into Sacae by accident?

zcLPBgx.pngOh no...

Oh boy! It's that one chapter that's Hector mode exclusive! I can't wait to see what story I missed from Eliwood mode! Hopefully we get some closure on Nergal and what his goals are...

Jlt2TZw.pnglkA3uaz.png

Since when did Eliwood have blue hair?

a3Ke4JP.pngc637EqS.png1BWm4Jl.pngAW1MFHq.png

Q0W2ohn.png

Uhh...Okay. I don't see why this chapter exists yet, but I'm sure...

m4av4MB.pngTh2xlz8.pngpgiUeos.pngt7v8SMm.pngFPfDnGZ.png1zUKyXs.pngtQoFFUY.png63bzoXg.png

ABORT ABORT IT'S SHOWING HOW SONIA GAINED POWER STOP I DON'T WANT THIS FANSERVICE

And oh no, a Bauker recolor. At least he can't possibly be as bad as the original one!

3Bl0FUZ.pngueSWtPt.png

Bern's whatnow?

YWYVSBi.pngazPdheq.pngKMOBlNG.pngK6BCPIS.png

Wait, what? Why is he with the black fang if he's the kind of person they assassassassassassassassinate? Why is he locked in a small room if he's with them?!

P03gITI.pnguwDStEy.png

I mean, I suppose if Nergal needed the backup...

IOjR3a1.png

WHAT?! SO HE WAS WITH THE BLACK FANG FOR A LONG TIME? I...I'm so confused...None of this makes any sense! At all!

jgDJuMS.png5uEgU0n.png

Oh my god... How did this guy get power in an "honorable" assassin's guild?

gqEMJOZ.png8UkVaAa.pngesjQCg1.pngofD0mGL.pngYORQehJ.pnguHsvDvd.pngXlDcGfq.pngCMM3jd1.pngLIKXupG.pngIVAXprk.png

Vg57vik.png

Why do you care if you just want to kill everybody?

Okay then, please try to salvage the plot, Hectorwood.

OXxZ7H8.pnglSraTx3.pngyDECBLN.pngFmhAlEe.pngDRuyppF.pngcYB3AyZ.pngBxH6VaJ.pngRSdzQfE.pngHHGzdzR.pngUWfQm7q.png

Uh...If professional, highly trained Ostian expert spies can't get into Bern's palace, how the heck are thieves supposed to?

4JJr7Sb.png93LDATg.pngR1BhxFK.png4RaCwEM.png

WHAT?! But why would the Four Fangs be nearby? There's literally nothing in this area at all! Why is Pascal in this region at all if there's nothing noteworthy here?

B8p9H8Q.pngaUkNSBw.pngIx3vP2Q.pngFvYT3Ml.png

Ytdcpd8.jpg

INQnpsZ.png

Aside from the empty path to the south, yes.

rUui75l.pngMnqSXNG.pngWsQbRmX.pngzr2QC3K.pnguvMFhuq.png

Oh, neat! That's actually pretty cool! This looks a bit like Byte-sized Genealogy of the holy war!

uBXjoEZ.png

...How'd this guy make it into the four fangs? Sure, 64 physical bulk is great and all, but eleven speed? Yeesh.

jzxeidj.png

Here's our part today. No Lyn because there is a bloke with a Purge on this map. Even though he probably won't move, I don't want Lyn anywhere near him.

Ooh, and a village! That's where I get Farina, right?

7WXwTNN.png0VyIPlF.pngpCk40nn.pngJWYYuP8.png

Don't worry, Florina! I doubt that you'll even get hit by anything this map for more than two damage!

yVeoBtH.pngxocHv1K.png08VGxcS.png

Can I just say that the name Farina is hilarious, since Fiora and Florina both mean Flower whereas Farina is Flour...

I shouldn't laugh that much...

Eqouy0S.png

And it looks like this portion of the map is as good as routed.

mR2pCqH.pngzxELdwc.png

WIl doing something Rath will never do!

5PONoqX.pngToue1T4.png

...Twice!

gGRcX8n.pngkzjMJ7m.png

Etc.

4IUqdcH.png

Also this. What a unit.

zZIfvfI.png

Ow.

V6dFE9q.png

Ow.

1X1K9dy.png

Take your revenge, Rath! DO IT.

GgBWuVj.png

Thanks.

GXwzZPI.png

Yeet.

XlM9O2Z.pngTZcrRY5.png

I regret promoting Dart. He's too good.

MSCGVvN.png

I actually don't mind these enemy ballistas being here-I quite like being under attack from long range without 31-attack moving sage Boltings.

HSFr4D4.png

Wil disagrees and crits.

1Auj5Vj.png

This feeling...Is it power?

WA50KFu.png

Fantabulous! Great job!

Hwaaztq.png

Fiora just about falls off of her pegasus right here...

YvrvbQq.png

Why is there a guy with a hammer?

jJQPmQG.png

...Two guys with hammers?

LeOQaKn.png

...Three guys with hammers?

DX24zhk.png

These guys listen to too much MC hammer.

5KQEkKb.png2bQR3Y7.png

OKAY THE WARRIOR GUARDING THE GATE MOVES GOOD TO KNOW

z3tta8e.png

Monks. The most fearsome of enemies.

pPVUbCh.png

I'm shaking in my shoes!

dNA6v2R.png

We're saved.

ZWJuilI.png

Ctrl-Z

lVGqCGq.png

Yeah, baby! That's how ya do it!

f2ZSl71.pngrLSW2Ka.png

This one escapes Florina, only to fall to a more interesting character. But he's less cute and not in Berwick saga.

7Ibj2oo.png

EXP POLICE FLORINA WE'VE GOT YOUR BULDING SURROUNDED

YPkp0Yw.png

Just kidding. Begone.

Zs9wTUf.png

Owie.

DMuLIvp.pngO7ggnIB.pngDUhEuiG.pngFvbL6VO.png

Geitz, stop scaring me. It's not funny.

kTXes3i.png

IT'S NOT FUNNY.

fmXqqbl.png

This, however, is.

j1x2JWQ.png

Phenomenal! Superb! Qapped speed!

GlO9Au0.png

This purge guy is going to cause some problems.

Oh well. Let's just recruit Farina!

VBDLACt.png

That's not Farina.

bzaA5Ud.pngKD2SD95.png

kr0pF2N.png

That sounds kinky.

Also, is this supposed to have been Guy that she's talking about?

gCbVA60.pngcLfNBMX.png

I mean, even if it's a vulnerary, from what I've heard, it will be an...apt...replacement for you.

9KqYkjG.png

OH YEAH! THIS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY! BLESS YOU, KARLA!

yprI7Zb.png

Geitz. Dien't.

v9QqUt2.png2rr6lbz.png

Very nice! Poor Wil, the only thing he can do that Rath can't is use a ballista...

x6vcj7k.png

We take out another cav...

Vzfjryp.png

And sieze Jungby!

...Wait, what do you mean I don't get Midir? You're supposed to get him after you get the castle with all of the weak axe units around it!

yuSiC5P.pngRmdEY7h.pngpE9elUB.pngFWdz7Pe.png

Not much happens on enemy phase.

Uwu2AHe.pngK0YEY0b.pngkUOMD0t.png

Pegasister No. 3 and Dart's waifu!

jrE5Vmn.png84Ua3Wv.png

Not bad, not bad at all! That def base is a good argument for her, and 14 speed's decent enough. Maybe she'll get some strength levels too!

BvsOfSJ.png

RwN88Rx.pngBZrw0iA.png

Rath bad can't ORKO everything.

MVsB4Gw.png

Ded anyways.

DzBYEQl.png5aaIvKy.png

A swordslayer, you say? Get off my Eliminean minecraft server!

KzEGwy0.png

OH SHOOT THE PLOTHOLE MOVES.

Ahh, it'll be fine. He's slow.

FWBgJzD.png

Pressing X to doubt. You have eleven speed.

8i68vKK.pngtE0TWmy.png

Yeah. This fight won't last long. Probably.

u2HMfGT.png

Fiora doing a nice job.

Wait, Farina, where are you going? Hector's not where Fiora is!

dZDDxIr.png

May as well, right?

UNxeO8b.png

Nice.

CXbKS7L.png

Let's just take the meatshield out of the way...

bBeAD2F.png

Hm...Pascal deals more damage than I'd like to anyone but Florina. Too bad. I was hoping for Canas to get the kill.

lxvqIW8.pngkSXalpj.pnglHBrHFV.png

One of the four fangs, felled by an E-rank weapon.

CXnJ26g.png3EBI7jX.pngr9mVPUR.png

No, it's actually lemonade.

MsEx6Is.png

DEAR LORD

eLi7MBr.png

Level seven falcoknight.

Capped strength.

I need a minute.

poEgSUH.png

I don't have a minute, though, because Pascal has a lot of cavs.

Ve7reUv.png

Weak cavs, but still cavs.

kZCMDsO.pngtkszo2d.png

Nice.

Tcp9W8u.pngHWVW3z7.png

Farina, you idiot! Why'd you go the opposite direction of where Hector is?

DS3Xtl1.pngeWJNrFX.png

Farina! Why? WHy did you go this way?!

nZKz5Iy.png

FAAARINA YOU IIIIIIIIIIIDIOOOOOOOOT!

Oh...Oh my dear lord...She shouldn't have survived...

No! Don't keep flying towards the enemies! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE! STOP!

Fiora, rescue your dumb sister so I can recruit her. Please.

Ugh...

kiLUaSO.png

Don't commit Sudoku next time, 'k?

sej2b4u.pngLOa46vV.png

I'd like to clear up the airspace before Farina decides that she likes getting hit by arrows.

8aZoif1.png

Why Dart? Eliwood's exposed and he doesn't ORKO you...

gHBcjtw.png

Oh right. Enemies love breaking your weapons for some reason.

N1eB2g5.png8ZhSS2a.pngtjvkGop.png

Effective use of the brave axe, ladies and gentlemen! Superb planning of me not to put his other handaxe in the second equipment slot!

AjgKoZg.png

Farina, I swear to god that if you attack a cav and kill yourself...

5Dv9Qi2.png

Thank god!

z2v0Thi.pngidK2PQK.png4NwaH9f.png

I thought that it was Illia's 5th wing of pegasus knights.

fzXAKIe.png

Oh, third wing. Nevermind.

VgZful0.png

CxrH1Qm.png4E1dn1p.png

"Unlikely event."

>Charges enemies with WTA over her and a purge bishop

>It's me as the tactician.

Well, better pay up!

VzxaUeO.pngWTv9pSY.png

Great, now let's level you up on those 12,000,000 monks.

No seriously, that's all the rest of the map was.

IeLfTVA.png

Very good Rath

YD6RoOi.pngh5xLcDP.png3RLddJv.pngakhYgxw.pngOaHYE4p.png

Pretty dang meh. 10 def and 15 res is nice, but she's basically equal to Fiora in most ways.

DlEZfKN.png

Also, Canas got this level for the billionth time.

gGhIKSC.png

My sentiments exactly.

...You know, I actually quite liked this map. Or I did, until the enemy spam intensified a lot. But still, it was a really cool concept and fun map.

And maybe the plot can be cohesive in the aftertext.

D3iG01U.png87JlT7n.png

Especially not if they don't block our escape route.

ZuBRLzK.pngtGfdB91.png4K0ay4b.pngPayIScS.pngPZ8oD02.pngMWhVmak.png7f0y9xg.pngaEpmMFW.pngHe2E34R.pngQhteZpE.pngzx7tjuv.pngt3e3U66.pngvdHDDy7.pngJ22Db3N.png

Okay then.

That was a very interesting update.

But why end here? Vaida's waiting for us and I want to make more jokes at Pascal's expense! And also more of my bad side story.

Vw9ibI9.pngI haven't seen Priscilla anywhere!

LZZ9C4m.pngNo...

a3tvh0D.pngThat's my line, you idiot.

Vw9ibI9.pngCan you stop being edgy and help us look?

Jsl3B8J.pngWe may want to actually leave now-Derricc seems capable enough, and Priscilla should certainly also hold her own in a fight. Add that to the fact that they'll be hard to find...The safest place for them to be may be away from us.

5RPLYTm.pngI don't like it, but I'll be inclined to agree for now. We will find Priscilla and Derricc soon, Raven. But right now, we need to live so we can see them.

a3tvh0D.pngHmph.

IGJed5l.pngWe can't stop moving. The time for us to take a chance is now.

jB5SR83.pngI know... I just can't believe how the life we'd built in Etruria had to change so fast. Last week, I was grocery shopping at the same store I'd been going to since we got married, now we're flyin' above the middle of Sacae.

IGJed5l.pngI'm sorry. It's my fault that this happened. But I will make it right. All three of us... We will be able to live like a normal family again soon.

4qJS2Ah.pngExcuse me...

jB5SR83.pngHm? Oh, hello there!

4qJS2Ah.pngMy companion and I were going to Bern but got a little lost...I was wondering if you could give us a lift there?

jB5SR83.pngOh, certainly! Where are you two headed?

4qJS2Ah.pngEr... (Sir Derricc, we should have thought this through earlier.) What's a city near the Royal Manse?  We wish to attend prince Zephiel's coming of age ceremony.

jB5SR83.pngI suppose that the city of Landskron would suffice; It's a lovely little town on a lake about twenty minutes walk to the manse and is a few hours from the capital. Would that work for you? We're on our way to the castle, so Landskron would work fine for us.

4qJS2Ah.pngOf course. Thank you so very much, sir.

fhQuxG6.pngDGEdTLV.png

AKA "Hector and his allies participate in a filler chapter."

LceCgfg.pngd9FqSvM.pngufX82hH.png

OH JOY, EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CHAPTER.

3JwXapq.pngLogi37L.pngxGfce8C.pngm5ywOao.png

Badon wants to know your location. They had lots of them.

Also, I deny putting the village where Helen and Glass went to in the middle of these mountains here. That wasn't what happened. I wasn't too lazy to make my own mountains. I didn't copy this map and replace the castle with a village and add water.

PDBnaRm.png8qDyLaF.png

ROY WANTS TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION

J0JxvHE.png

Very good defenses indeed.

4yBaIUG.pngcOqV37A.png

Okay, wow. I can get not having a large force of sentries, but none? That's kinda smallbrain. A squad of pegasus riders carrying armor knights and cavs could just fly up to the castle and deploy tons of units.

WQmjTLG.pngB5J5G6l.pngz4Rf3Iz.png

"Hey guys, it's impregnable."

"Cool. Let's sneak in and spy even though all of the Ostian spies died doing this."

"I like the way you think."

EYBFq74.png

My brain.png

d0rHFLR.png

[Insert Zephiel being nice and Desmond being an abusive psycopath]

DCOL8b1.png

Great! I needed more of those! I also needed another filler chapter, so this is berfeqt!

Also, wait, if Vaida had Nils, why does he just come back before the chapter starts? This chapter may be a filler, but it could have been an interesting one! Y'know, like a rescue one where you have to defeat Vaida before she escapes with Nils!

Oh well. It is what it is.

fKFnNT9.png

Uh-why does Vaida have 0 luck as if she's a morph when she's not? And actually, her stats don't look too bad! I bet Rath with Filla's might would end her pretty quick.

TSHiCkY.pngFK6enzm.pngb6BYESU.png

After much deliberation, I decide to promote Fiora because Florina with a 20 bonus to crit is fun. And because I was only requested to use three units in the whole game and Fiora was one of them. Heath and Rebecca already died, sooo...

SaRyNiE.png

And Fiora's stats aren't bad at all!

aA0ZPlf.pngdCujhYB.png

I don't feel like bringing Hawkeye for whatever reason.

6MCApQ2.png

Panto! I have decided that YOU will be my S-rank staff user in endgame. Your anima will not get that far! Mark my words!

...Even Louise looks really disappointed in my desicion there.

Also.

cNmiAcN.png

Elipromoted!

nKugab6.pngBrAQG6k.png5uSD1lm.png

Still pretty squishy, but he'll be fine.

Also, how come he only gets seven movement? Like, I get that Paladins are broken, but Paladins have axes in addition to swords and lances, not to mention eight movement. Eliwood has seven movement and no axes, which is kinda weird. Oh well, he's my only cav-like unit left!

Also:

9jxL47q.png

Twilitfalchion's waifu. I think she's basically Rebecca after promotion only you don't need to deal with Rebecca's miserable earlygame or investement or whatever. Pretty okay, and has a free A-support with Pent,

17De8YJ.png

Who is probably the second best unit in the game. Marcus beats him out because Paladin and earlygame. And insane bases.

But nevertheless, insanely good unit. A in both staves and anima, good enough con to actually wield things properly, etc.

QahopBk.pngB9EVjz0.pngLZyCurc.pngma9MSRE.png8LsR3FY.pngS2RdYft.png0o0bO1z.pngqekbYMI.pngAxMUU1k.pngXvseWlX.pngp77J0AV.pngsY2N8R9.png8Trrjym.png

I have literally nothing to say.

ns1EIju.pngO7uUv4O.pngALtvdyi.pngJtP8OOJ.png

(I know it's a teeny tiny nitpick, but Ursula's missing a comma after do)

3vRyggY.pngxzIYKsd.pngdGhetdg.png8pQQNK4.png6ZLeNND.pngWAaXD6y.pnghlOMVCV.png

Well, seeing Florina's lance, at the very least!

IGJed5l.pngThe die is cast! All I can do now is wait...And pray.

....And yeah, that was the map.

wJkD2IL.png

But Pent got hit once, so it was very intense.

QDjd06q.pngi6gC7BI.png7mhQurJ.png

Oh, and Merlinus is a god.

Well, I want to keep going, but I feel like this has already been a quantity over quantity update. So! This'll be it for now. Maybe I can get one done before tomorrow, but you guys know me and deadlines. We don't agree.

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 3

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Oswin

Heath

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Dishonorably spared

Lyn x 7

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 6

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x 1

Merlinus deaths as merchant: 7

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

It looks like Pengasius will have to do.

What's with the si, last I checked Ruben's the Spain person not me. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Wait...was Genesis the one that vaguely resembled a GameBoy? In a sonic racing game I played there was inexplicably a really hard to unlock character named Ages and he looked like a gameboy. For some reason I have this memory affiliated with the word Genesis roo.

No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis It looked like this.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Pengaius should make a hack one of these days.

Every time one of your characters dies, he pops up to pun their name.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I'll try not to...Especially after he turned out so godlike. I still find it hilarious how he's probably all the good parts of Wilbecccca with only the bad part of being bowlocked...Which is fixed by his godlike promotion.

Minus being Wil, which puts Wil ahead of everyone else to be honest.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Don't Wilt away!

Like the readership of my LP when I arbitrarily drop an update between you and Saint Rubenio?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Silly awakening, keeping Tiki alive even though they knew everyone sack of riced her for Nagi.

That sounds like a challenge.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Vw9ibI9.png"Hurr, I'm Raven. I'm so edgy. Nothin' personnel, kid."

*teleports behind u*

1 hour ago, Benice said:

jgDJuMS.png5uEgU0n.png

Oh my god... How did this guy get power in an "honorable" assassin's guild?

I think the implication is he was one of them, but ended up imprisoned for his "methods" being against Brendan Reed's beliefs. Except now this fiend is freeing him because she's evil.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

HHGzdzR.pngUWfQm7q.png

Uh...If professional, highly trained Ostian expert spies can't get into Bern's palace, how the heck are thieves supposed to?

The Ostian spies were trained by Hector, and are therefore subtle. Plot-hole fixed.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

jrE5Vmn.png84Ua3Wv.png

Not bad, not bad at all! That def base is a good argument for her, and 14 speed's decent enough. Maybe she'll get some strength levels too!

You know for the "third pegasus sister" those really aren't bad bases. Maybe. Then again, this is HHM.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

MsEx6Is.png

DEAR LORD

It's not fair. I want Caeda to cap strength, but even if I get blessed to hell and back 28 is a lot higher a mark to hit.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

N1eB2g5.png8ZhSS2a.pngtjvkGop.png

Effective use of the brave axe, ladies and gentlemen! Superb planning of me not to put his other handaxe in the second equipment slot!

At least it was only one use.